All 28 people on my team use CloudApp! Screenshots & grabs are a 2nd language now.

Publié le 26/08/2016
Jeremy B.
Product Designer
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: CloudApp is one of only three apps everyone on my team uses (along with Slack and Gmail). New hires see us all using it constantly in chat, on Github pull requests, in bug 'repro' steps, over email, and in presentations, so they gravitate toward it and pick it up quick. Over chat the screen recordings do an amazing job of demoing bits and pieces of UI or app behavior that are works-in-progress. This massively speeds up our feedback loops and removes a lot of verbal and written explanation. Long live the animated gif! Github pull requests that make user-facing changes often include screen recordings that show before v. after. This lets more people note the change and, for small changes, can allow designers and product managers to give thumbs up without more than a glance. And last, our bug reports benefit tremendously from screen recordings. Animated gifs ftw again! Saves on writing and explanation, making issues easily identifiable and reproducible by an engineer ready to fix it. No one on the team will ever go back. Using CloudApp has become second nature to us now! And while most of it happens thanks to auto-expanded images in Slack or Github, there are crucial times we take advantage of CloudApp's notes features to illustrate a point, or its search feature to dig up an earlier example.

Avantages: CloudApp upgrades habits we all have using desktop software (copy-paste and taking screenshots). You don't have to learn anything new--your habit suddenly just works better, and you can never go back.

envoyé par CloudApp le 26/08/2016

Hi Jeremy,

This is Derek from CloudApp. I work with Julie. Thank you thank you thank you for this review! It is incredible and VERY appreciated!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Derek
VP of Marketing / CloudApp

Big fan, love it!!

Publié le 27/08/2016
Carl L.
Customer Support
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I'm a huge fan of CloudApp. Been using them for the last 6 months. Started out where a few of my team members in the customer support team were using it, so I jumped in to give it a try too. At first I was just using it to take a few screenshots here and there, but what ended up being hugely helpful in my day to day support workflow was being able to answer our customers questions with a quick custom video. We get a ton of questions from our customers but they don't always quite understand our documentation. We do our best!! But with CloudApp I can send a short video that I personally made in 10-15 seconds answering a question visually, rather than writing out a couple paragraphs of text. Since we use Zendesk, I find myself wishing that CloudApp had a Zendesk integration. Usually I have to copy a short CloudApp link to a ticket or upload the gif directly but I'd love to see it made a bit easier. Visual search had been really great so far too. Would love to see a Giphy integration so I can search for my stuff and maybe search for something that makes me or a team member laugh that I could share. Last thing would be our Intercom client. We get a lot of customer tickets from our website and if I paste a link into a chat it doesn't show a preview. Intercom, if you're reading this, get that fixed!

Avantages: 1) Huge time saver.
2) A much easier way to show my team (or friends) a visual to answer a question.
3) Works extremely well in my support team

Inconvénients: 1) It doesn't have a Gmail/Chrome integration.
2) They don't have a great mobile app. There's a few in the App Store but none of them give as good as an experience as their Mac desktop app.

envoyé par CloudApp le 29/08/2016

Thank you Carl for your amazing review!

It is greatly appreciated.

Derek Rey / CloudApp

One of my favorite apps

Publié le 12/02/2019
Erik Z.
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Its a great little app that really helps my productivity. I would put in in my top 5 favorite tools I use daily. Not terribly expensive, and the monthly fee pays fro itself quickly.

Avantages: CloudApp is one of the most handy tools for sending email attachments - even videos. Im a Mac user so it sits in my top toolbar. I simply drag in the attachment(s) and it creates the archive and link automatically. Not only that it copies the link to your clipboard so you can just paste it right into your email. It will "ding" and then you know its uploaded and ready to share. Short videos are really easy to make as well but selecting a screen area, pressing start and you ready to go.

Inconvénients: My biggest complaint is that some servers detect the links as spam or untrusted. So in some cases the link will not work. Not sure why this happens but think there are some using the cloud app service who may be abusing it, thereby flagging spam filters. Ive tried to add a custom domain to the short link it creates (service allows this) but it does not seem to help this problem.

One of the few apps I use every single day...essential for devs or for digital life!

Publié le 23/07/2018
Steve W.
Online Communications Officer
Hôpitaux et soins de santé
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: They have trialled and tested this product a lot; that is obvious. It is ridiculously easy to use and offers the ability to create animated gifs, screengrab video (with or without use of your webcam and mic to record your face and voice) and screengrabs which you can annotate. The software sits quietly in the background not using too many resources until you know you need it and the easy shortcuts can help you get going. I use a lot of the images and animated gifs for interactive training materials and plans.

Inconvénients: The only thing I wish you could do with CloudApp is choose the default copy type after you have taken a screengrab, video or GIF. Right now, the software auto copies the link to the image / video but there are other options including copy a direct link (so just the image on a page without editing options etc.) and a copy to the content iself (ie. if you take a screengrab you can copy the image directly into documents and emails). It would be ideal if you could chose which of these the software does by default to make it even more convenient. Other than that, the software could not be better!

A must for Support team

Publié le 14/05/2019
Daniel K.
Senior Support Expert Lead
Services d'information, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have implemented the tool for our Support team and before this I have done research of similar tools. Cloudapp had the best features, better price and a great support/customer success team which made it easy to implement.

Avantages: With one simple shortcut you can create a screencast (Video or GIF), screenshot (with or without annotation) and send to your users in chat. Cloudapp has greatly increased our Support teams productivity. It is also very useful for building reports or knowledge base internally as you can simply drag and drop the screenshots or screencasts to Atlassian. Very helpful when creating internal documentation for other agents.

Inconvénients: It would be a great addition if the video screencast would also record audio (like screenflow) as sometimes we need the audio recorded as well which is happening on screen when trouble shooting or recording bugs related to the product.

Quick, easy, neat, I feel like a pro!

Publié le 03/05/2017
Darcy P.
Happiness Lead
Internet, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I can quickly get my thoughts across to customers and team members. It's simple and fast. I really couldn't go a day without it.

Avantages: It's quick to load and the fact that the link absorbs into the clipboard is SO easy and fast. There are multiple ways to use it - downloads, webcam vids, screenshare vids with voice, GIFs of screen, images, annotations. Really - there are SO many ways to up your game in social and customer care by using CloudApp.

Inconvénients: Small screenshots don't always come out readable without clicking on them and waiting to see what it is. The head of the arrow in the Annotations is super huge and I often have to find workarounds when I'd really like to use it. It would be cool to shrink it width-wise along with length-wise. I wish you could copy/paste annotation components (arrows that you've sized a certain way, text, etc.) Click on the element, ctrl+c, ctrl+v I wish there was a solid box in annotations that you could add. There's an outline, but not a solid box or circle that I've discovered.

A must have tool

Publié le 11/12/2018
Semi retired
Bureau exécutif, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I loved it and I doubt a week goes by when I do not use it multiple times.

Avantages: This is one of those tools that many people won't realize they need until they get used to using it. Yes, if you work in a support team then the usage case is obvious, and it excels at support, but it is so much more than that. How often do you have to try to explain something to someone and it takes forever in words, but a quick screenshot would do the trick. Problem with a screenshot is you have to remember the key combination to take it. Then you have to open up your email. Then attach the file to it, etc. With Cloudapp this is all simplified to an amazing degree. But it goes further than just screenshots. How about sending a 1 minutes video to your telco showing them that there is a problem with your bill, or even sending a document to someone without having to attach it to an email. Trust me. This is genius.

Inconvénients: The only little niggle is there are very occasionally glitches or outages, but to Cloudapps credit they do get them sorted and they are very polite at responding to emails.

Huge savings in productivity.

Publié le 26/10/2018
Data Analytics Professional
Conseil en gestion, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am a Product Manager and often, due to the speed at which we work and the people I work with, words are not the best medium to convey thoughts when you discover snags or bugs. Developers are busy people and want to build things and move on. CloudApp lets me visually capture product behavior to explain desired functionality, in the form of videos and gifs and thus speed up communication within my team. I really love the tool.

Avantages: The ability to capture screenshots and annotate them with comments or arrows. The ability to capture videos as well as gifs has enabled me to be more productive. As a Product Manager, I can enhance my documentation efforts by bringing in a visual component to requirements and bug descriptions. It has helped me writing feature walkthroughs as well as explain competitive product offerings to my team.

Inconvénients: Every once in a while, I have observed that the tool's library shows captured screenshots which I hadn't intended to capture. It may be due to the fact that the shortcut keys on the keyboard (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+5) are close to a frequently used shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+Del). It's either that or maybe it's just...fat fingers!

CloudApp Just Works

Publié le 27/11/2018
Doctoral Faculty Advisor
Enseignement supérieur, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I enjoy using CloudApp several times each day. You can set a custom domain to maintain branding across all links. It's easy to share a link and, if you wish, to download the linked file directly. It's not the only link shortening/sharing app out there, but it is clearly one of the best.

Avantages: Once installed, CloudApp works very well, with options for creating GIFs, recording video and more. There are integrations right out of the box for Trello and Slack, and a variety of ways to annotate and share.

Inconvénients: I use Droplr, too, and in some ways I still prefer its UI/UX, though CloudApp has improved by leaps and bounds over the past year or so. It's been recently bought by Microsoft—which can be a good thing or a bad thing (consider the Wunderlist saga). Time will tell.

An essential tool that speeds up productivity in the easiest way possible - a perfect combination

Publié le 25/03/2018
Romeo C.
Boss
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It saves me a lot of time, making me much more productive.

Avantages: The simplicity and utility, mixed with the time-saving logic-steps are what makes this tool so exceptional. Simplicity; using simple (or user-defined) shortcut keys to capture parts of a screen as an image or video. Simplicity; dragging any file onto a system tray icon to have it uploaded to CloudApp storage. Simplicity; after a file has been uploaded, simply paste the auto selected link wherever you want to share it. Utility; screenshotting, screen recording, file storage, file sharing, annotation, commenting; it's all there! Logic-steps; auto upload and copy link to clipboard, auto-open into desktop annotation; these kinds of time-savers are well thought out, seamless and really help my workflow.

Inconvénients: It'd tough to find anything but if I HAD to it'd be that, at least in previous versions of the desktop app, it was buggy; the auto-open for annotations didn't always work. That seems to have been resolved now though!

Best drag-and-drop file sharing solution

Publié le 19/03/2019
Co-Founder and CMO
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: CloudApp simplifies our workflow when we need to share screenshots and files to people outside of our organization. We highly recommend it!

Avantages: The reason we chose CloudApp is the MacOS integration in the menu bar. We used WeTransfer before, which required us to go to their website to upload files, but CloudApp allows us to just drag and drop our files to the menu bar, and it creates a shareable link for us.

Inconvénients: CloudApp successively increased its pricing, without much justification and added features. I was quite disappointed to see the lack of new features over the last 2-3 years. Also, storage prices dramatically decreased over time, so it's hard to understand why they keep increasing their prices.

Cloudapp is amazing for communication between engineers, designers, and pms.

Publié le 28/12/2017
Lauren P.
Associate Software Engineer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Better teamwork/communication overall, especially for front-end development work. Also more flexibility for remote work (working from home for sickness/weather/holiday season).

Avantages: I love how fast everything gets generated and how easy it is to use. I work on the frontend team at my company, and I'm always sending videos and gifs to our designer for product review, as well as to our PM when filing issues. It's incredibly helpful to be able to take a quick video to show navigation flow, testing results, and edge cases, and it's way easier to have a visual than it is to explain things in technical terms. It's also wicked useful for remote work-- holiday season has made things kind of funky with everyone working from home, but I don't feel like I've lost on communication this time of year thanks to Cloudapp.

Inconvénients: There are times I wish I could annotate or crop videos. I will say though, Cloudapp has been great about steadily adding features, so I'm not too worried/it's not even a pressing issue haha.

This powerful screen capture and recording program has a new home on my desktop.

Publié le 16/04/2018
Jesus P.
CEO/President
Support client

Avantages: I'm a former Snagit user that recently picked up CloudApp on an Appsumo deal. I'm glad I did, because this software has essentially replaced Snagit and helped me communicate ideas quickly with everyone including clients, customers, family and friends. The software sits in your system tray and allows 1 click recording or capturing of GIFs, video or screen. And once the capture is taken, it automatically uploads it and copies the link to your clipboard. Other helpful features include... Analytics
Link shortening
Annotations
Search feature (priceless)
Comments (can be disabled)
Sync
If you need a quick way to record screens and share them, this is it.

Inconvénients: I don't have any cons to list on this one. Everything from the UI to the features are well designed and operate properly.

Amazing App, I Wish There Was More 3rd Party Support

Publié le 02/11/2018
Shane S.
Branch Coordinator
Immobilier, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: In the cloud storage game, it's hard to battle against giants like Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon, and Box. But CloudApp is a spectacular cloud storage option that allows customization of the URL for links, privacy settings with either passwords or expiration dates, easy upload and share, almost everything you could want.

Inconvénients: Being that it is much smaller, it often goes overlooked by other services. I would love to see more places have CloudApp integration like they do Dropbox. While CloudApp is my preference, I end up still needing Dropbox or Drive because of the integrations and accessibility offered by those services.

Quality software product with amazing value for money and huge time-saver!

Publié le 26/07/2018
Research Consultant
Conseil en gestion, 201-500 employés

Commentaires: Productivity.

Avantages: CloudApp allows me to take screenshots and videos and upload them to their cloud app. I often have to make step-by-step tutorials and guides. I use CloudApp to take screenshots to outline steps. I have also used this to provide video walkthroughs and gif creations. The tool simply captures the screen image/video and directly uploads it into the cloud and gives you a shareable link. I didn't realize what a huge time saver this would turn out to be. The chrome extension and desktop app have become one of my most-used apps.

Inconvénients: I have only a minor issue with this tool. The global standard keyboard shortcut for the undo feature, 'Ctrl + z' does not exist here. It would be nice if they could implement this feature. Also, there have a few instances (just one or two) where the audio lagged behind the video recording.

Easy to use...and it's changed the way we do our support and sales.

Publié le 25/08/2016
Ryan O.
VP of Marketing
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We really like CloudApp. We needed a way to easily show our customers features of LeadIQ's, and CloudApp's screen shooting makes it really simple and easy. We've been able to cut down our ticket times using their gif recorder. With it you can record actions inside our app, and just send a link to the customer to show them how to do something. This speeds up the back and forth.

Avantages: Very easy to use, high quality capturing, and really cool analytics on the files you upload.

Inconvénients: Once in a great while, we'll have customers that get confused having to open a Cloudapp link. The good news is, the more they use it, the more comfortable they become with it. It's naturally like the evolution of a product.

envoyé par CloudApp le 25/08/2016

Thank you Ryan! This is an awesome review... Greatly greatly appreciated!

Derek Rey / CloudApp

Using Cloudapp to create GIFs & show simple processes is easy as pie

Publié le 09/08/2017
Paola P.
Marketer
Photographie, 13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Mostly illustrative GIFS and storing my inspiration boards and anything I want to quickly save for later. Makes my files searchable, that's a huge plus!

Avantages: The fact that is an one stop shop for several steps that it would normally take to put together a tutorial file or tool. I can create up to 1 minute explanations on video with annotations and even emojis... Plus, I don't have to worry about making the animation for the gif, hosting it or nothing else, I just copy the link and that gif is on my e-mail before I know it. Love the gifs.
I also can save any screengrab and it makes them searchable, which is very helpful as I'm normally one to screenshot things for later but then I never find them or remember what I saved. This tool just organized every loose thought for me.
The analytics have been particularly useful as well, to make sure when our users got their information and if they are following up or not.

Inconvénients: Could use folders for even more organization. Plus, if I have to download all my files at once I would have to go one by one vs. having an option to just bulk download everything I have saved in CloudApp-That's a con for me, but it's not a big deal anyway.

CloudApp is great for easy screenshots or taking a video of your computer.

Publié le 19/03/2018
Shannon F.
Queue Pro
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I love how easy it is to take a screenshot - and that you can select the size of said screenshot. It's also nice to edit the image captured and copy the content into a message. The speed is also a plus! Creating videos is also fairly easy and I love that after the video uploads I receive an alert with the link to the video already ready to go.

Inconvénients: I've used CloudApp on both a Mac and a PC. CloudApp appears to be more sluggish for use with PCs and edited images are trickier to save. Far less issue with this using the Mac. Occasionally, the image or video I've made fails to load, which can be extremely frustrating as I need to start over.

Best Screenshot and Desktop Recording Tool

Publié le 20/03/2018
Implementation Team Lead
Internet, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Quick and easy screensharing.

Avantages: It is quick and easy to use with lots of great features like annotate, share with a link, or share the original file. It has great shortcut keys that you can reprogram if you happen to have a competing app with built-in sharing to lots of other collaboration services like Slack and Trello.

Inconvénients: There is not much that I don't love about this software. It runs silently in the background and never asks me to give it a review.

Screenshot sharing done easy

Publié le 11/01/2019
Maurice a M.
Operations Director
Externalisation/délocalisation, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I LOVE how easy it is to share (or save) screenshots with your teammates. Once you've installed the app, is as simple as just pressing the keyboard shortcut, select what you want to record and presto! A link is automatically copied to your clipboard and sharing takes "paste", and that's it! Aside from taking a full-screen screenshot or a partial one, you're able to record your screenshots in a video or a one-minute gif. It helps when you want to explain/show your teammate a process.

Inconvénients: I don't have anything negative to say. The app has a bunch of cool features, but I only use it to share screenshots/recordings quickly to my teammates and haven't had any issues with it.

CloudApp saves me time and allows me to communicate much more effective. It's a game changer!

Publié le 02/05/2017
Kristi T.
Customer Champion
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Time saving and clearer communication

Avantages: CloudApp has every feature I need as a customer support professional. I can share gifs, annoted images, and screencasts quickly and easily, which saves me time typing, and reduces confusion for the customers I email. Also, their customer support team is always very speedy, helpful, and responsive. I couldn't be happier! It's so valuable. It's hard to imagine doing customer support without it.

Inconvénients: It would occasionally be handy to have the option to save a screenshot to my desktop instead of the cloud sometimes.

Great tool for sharing images on the fly

Publié le 26/07/2019
Customer Success Manager
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I love how quick it is to snap a screenshot and paste it into a slack conversation. I don't have to save an image to my computer and pollute my desktop, i simply copy paste the link and it expands nicely into the conversation.

Inconvénients: I don't need to receive an email every time someone opens a link i've shared, but i can probably disable the function, i just haven't done it.

Jack of All Trades

Publié le 26/10/2018
Webmaster and Product Researcher
Édition, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: CloudApp has saved me so much time since I got it. It's so much easier and faster to communicate with people visually using CloudApp's tools than it is to write long, detailed paragraphs to people.

Avantages: CloudApp is extremely versatile and makes communication with others easy. I’ve used it to capture screenshots and make annotations when I need to make an important point to someone. I’ve used it to record videos and gifs when I need to show a problem to the tech support of a company I’m reaching out to for help. I’ve used it to record video presentations that have included my face and my screen. I’ve even used CloudApp as file storage. CloudApp worked well in all these instances for me.

Inconvénients: My screen doesn’t always automatically update when I try to delete a file while using CloudApp’s web app. Sometimes I have to refresh my browser before I see a file has been indeed deleted.

CloudApp is my go to app for explaining anything with just an image or video to clients & employees

Publié le 11/05/2018
Stephanie G.
Art Director
Divertissement, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Lost of options with the mac app. I just click on the option I want and the select the section of the screen I want to screen shot, make a gift and/or record a video of the screen and front camera.
Simple way to share your videos and screenshots with the ability to use custom links and branded URL.
love the ability of make comments and get insights/reports on the videos and images
Annotations are also a great feature to highlight something and make sure your massage is clear

Inconvénients: I often find myself rebooting the app on my macbook pro computer because it crashes, so I have to use the web/browser version of cloudapp once that happens.

Love CloudApp

Publié le 13/01/2018
Melissa B.
CS Manager
Support client

Avantages: CloudApp is a life-saver as I work in customer support. We use it everyday to give our users visuals. It's extremely easy to use!

Inconvénients: There really isn't anything I don't like about CloudApp. The only thing I can think of is that I'd like to be able to edit the name of the clip in the pop-up window.