Handy, well-designed productivity tool with great customer support

Publié le 16/04/2018
Pete M.
Relations publiques et communications, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Priority Matrix has become practically indispensable to me in my project management. As an independent consultant, I find it a powerful and handy tool to keep track of my responsibilities to my clients, to record and track pending obligations, and to manage everything from due dates to vendors to invoicing. There is not a day that I don't use it, and hardly a day that I'm not very glad for it. In addition, I have found the customer support superb--fast, informed, concise and helpful. I've now begun using it with some of my own sub-contractors, and they're finding valuable utility in it too--even as PM makes it possible for us to coordinate our shared projects together elegantly and easily from a distance. Specifically, we can assign each other tasks in shared projects, track each other's progress, leave each other edits, comments, and linked documents, and more. Works like a snap. PM also recently improved the ability to send emails directly from the email window (I use Gmail) to PM projects, including with deadlines, which is yet another upgrade I've valued. Finally, the integration across platforms is seamless (I use it on my iPhone, my iPad and my Mac). In sum: For me it has been a highly useful product, easy to learn and apply, with a great support team.

Inconvénients: If I could change one thing, it would be to be able to make matrices for projects sub-matrices of other projects. For example, I have multiple projects I'm managing simultaneously for individual clients, and the jobs' complexity requires me to set up their own matrices for each project. But it would be helpful if those projects could all be integrated together underneath the client. I'd also value a fast way for PM to tell me each week what deadlines for tasks are approaching.

Amazing app for people who like to work visually versus linerally

Publié le 29/12/2017
Paolo A.
Support client

Avantages: It's simple quadrant color system which can be adjusted to your own suiting
The ability to collaborate with others in shared
The ability to drag email in
The phone app which has gotten much better lately
Overall it just a great app it, unfortunately, I am underutilizing it

Inconvénients: The ability to be able to use my own icon and the icon which you do have are quite limited and too simple
The thing that concerns me the most is the syncing I have had things not sync in the past and not be able to find them ( there has been some improvement but it still feels like I can't trust it and I am somewhat worried, the syncing has to happen right away when I add item and not have to think about forcing a sync)
I have used the drag over email but sometimes have lost the link to outlook which is annoying and then I can't simply email that from PM it's stuck there and I can't email it ( big problem for me)
This is not your issue but mine how to best use priorities I seem to add too many things as urgent and important I don't but others in the proper locations, I need to use it properly so it actually becomes my only place where I put to do and not email myself notes
And then sort them, I need a tutorial on how to get the most out of it and I haven't done it
I am
A Mac guys but have found that the app is a dumbed version of the outlook which is not good so I have to have parallels in order t have my outlook and PM together but flopping back and forth on the screen again makes the app, not in my face and I lose the ability to use it properly
And I use outlook more as a to-do list which is not what I want
I need help in how to use it because it is a great system that I am
Not taking full advantage of
Need to able to work with Siri
others have done it

A Great Product to Maintain Focus and Productivity

Publié le 11/02/2017
Carolyn N.
Psychologist
Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I work alone, manage multiple projects, and more than one business. Priority Matrix allows me to see how much I am doing and identify what is realistic. I have a tendency of wanting to do more than is possible. Priority Matrix is easy and allows me to outline each project I have and the steps to completion. It is easy to track progress, add notes, and delegate when I need someone else involved. Depending on the project, I pick the best matrix for the task. It helps clarify and focus what needs to get done and by when, and it is very user-friendly. Further, because it creates a visual for what I am doing, I have a much better sense of what is too much because I can see the scope of each project and this allows me to maintain a better balance in my life. I have eliminated projects with simultaneous due dates, and I am much clearer about what is possible, and this ultimately makes me more productive. Project matrix allows me to sort out and break down tasks so that I can identify what I can do depending on the time I have available and the deadlines. Product Matrix is an application that works for me and keeps me focused, on task, and increases my productivity.

Avantages: Priority Matrix is such an easy program to use, and there are so many options that allow me to make it work the way I need to for my task. The fact that you can choose between the different matrices, again makes it work the way I need depending on the project. Being able to set deadlines, reminders, track notes, add people to a project, track changes, and see reports, so you get a global view of how you are managing your projects provides the information you that gives you insight into your project management skills and improve. While the program provides structure to projects, at the same time enables you to customize how you set it up for according to what you need.

Inconvénients: I would like to see more space for the notes and details of the project. All the information is there but it feels cramped. This is not a con, I would love to see the options for really bright colors when you are choosing your color schemes.

PM is wonderful!

Publié le 02/02/2017
Amirah M.
PhD student & teacher
Enseignement supérieur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am a PhD student, in a STEM field, who also happens to have some learning and other cognitive issues. A fantastic disability resource counselor introduced me to the priority matrix model but for it to really work for me I needed at the least an online, secure, cross-platform, searchable, calendar linked application. I thought I was going to have to build something myself, which I don't really have the skills or time to do. Thank goodness for PM. It has been magic and I recommend it to everyone! The only things which subtract from the experience: the UI could use some design help, the android app is a little unstable, and I would love to see some cheat sheets of steps and tips I could keep handy because, as a function of my particular disability, I have memory problems especially with multi-step interface tasks.

Avantages: Most are hard to figure out. There are a lot of things I love about PM. Perhaps what makes it especially functional for me is that it works on many platforms. I need to move between android and mac systems everyday so now I really only consider software which can accommodate that. I love the browser extensions, the customization options, and Google calendar integration.

Inconvénients: The UI is a bit challenging. For such a full featured piece of software, I completely understand how hard it can be to make the interface completely obvious but the icons used are, at least for me, not very intuitive. The sidebar menu for customizing tasks is also problematic.

Priority Matrix Review...A Laboratory Perspective

Publié le 08/02/2017
Chase A.
Lab Coordinator
Services environnementaux, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The program has been an easy way to track multiple job/task progress throughout the day/week/month. At a quick glance it is helpful to have all users on the same page at the same time*(assuming accurate sync(s) between users). We have experienced sync issues which include: users not seeing what another user is seeing, job/task(s) disappearing, changes made and older versions of job/task reverting. With as many job/task as we create and complete each day, it is very tough to notice these sync issues. From a lab manager/coordinator stand point, I watch nearly all jobs/tasks and I cannot memorize or recall ALL the changes, etc to a single job out of the dozens being processed. That aside, we would love to have more useful analytics available; currently our President does not see the usefulness of current analytics available with the Business or upgraded service ($$$/effectiveness ratio). No export into spreadsheet form offers no relief from having to use this software itself for those purposes. I understand not having that option may steer potential clients of your software toward NOT getting the upgraded service(s), but I believe it would actually increase the number of potential clients wanting to use it for purposes similar to ours. Less programming on your team's part, while still giving your clients the option to use your software catered to their own needs in a spreadsheet form. Additional features/options in "query"/search/filter methods would be very helpful as well. Short of processing in a spreadsheet form, this would allow someone to "manually" pull user data from our company. There is no "undo" feature in your software, as well as, other common commands/features offered in many of the other software/programs users are familiar with. Having an "Archive Shell" would be amazing, as we have many jobs/tasks completed and needing to be thinned out of the "View - All Items" filter. The "archive shell" could act as an easy way for users to save jobs/tasks completed in a non-editing mode of the program, to be viewed if needed. Currently, we have one quadrant serving as our "Archive" for each given project. We are pleased with our customer support and appreciate the help this software offers to our organization/communication/operations. I don't know how much we pay for these services, so I can't speak of the "Value for Money" rating. I do really feel that this software is close to being a 4+star in each category with the right advancements.

Avantages: Quick access to jobs/tasks, especially with the "Ctrl+F"/search function.

Inconvénients: Can't export/pull data for manipulation in a spreadsheet.

This tool helps me keep all my tasks organized and I have recommended it to many people.

Publié le 11/04/2018
Katy M.
Graphic Design + Visual Arts Instructor
Support client

Avantages: The ability to move tasks around as priorities change, add due dates, reminders and notes. I used to be writing and re-writing to do lists constantly, and sometimes things would get lost. I use my 4 quadrants like this: Work due ASAP, Work due soon, Long term work, and back burner.

Inconvénients: The visual design needs to be updated. I like the visual appeal of Google Keep, but they do not have the functionality PM does. Maybe some options for different fonts, and some other options other than the 4 quadrant? Also, I would like to be able to sometime just show one of the quadrants, and make it a smaller size to go on my desktop without taking up too much space. An integration with ical would also be good, so everything you give a deadline can also be on your calendar if you choose. I like that it syncs to my appon the desktop and phone, but do not like how there is that sign in screen, I want it all to be automatic and seamless like Google Keep is. I have had instances where one updates and the other does not and then I get doubles or things get confusing. Also, the base price is expensive. I think it is worth it personally, but when I recommend it, I can't see too many people using it. I think it would be especially good for students and have recommended to parents of middle school students who are having a hard time keeping organized. What if you had a "lite" version for students that was a lower cost? It would only have four quadrants and just one project or something.

Eisenhower would have been proud of Priority Matrix!

Seth D.
Support client

Commentaires: I will quickly admit that without having used Priority Matrix over the past few years, I'd probably be lost. As an entrepreneur, I run a few small businesses, each which requires a great deal of task management. Getting a handle on all of those tasks be incredibly overwhelming at times. A few years ago, someone had suggested that I start breaking down tasks via separate Eisenhower Decision Matrices for individual projects, which makes it easier to stay on task and get things done more quickly and effectively. This process encourages one to tackle the more challenging things that need to be done ASAP, and putting off the easier projects that don't need to be accomplished immediately. But what if there was a digital version of the Eisenhower Decision Matrix system? Enter Priority Matrix. It syncs across my iPhone, iPad, and all of my Macs, so I can stay on track wherever I am. In fact, it even offers a great deal of flexibility beyond this. I even use it for my 2-column 'Pros/Cons' lists and 1-column shopping lists. Unlike some other 'to-do' programs out there, one of the best features included is the ability to flexibly tag/label each task with various icons. Often, I have tasks that I have to put 'on-hold' as I'm waiting for a reply, etc. ' and I need to walk away from them temporarily and focus on other tasks. Hats off to Appfluence to including this vital feature. The only 5-star rating exception here involves the pricing. In an earlier version of the program, I had to purchase separate versions of the application for each device (iPhone/iPad/Mac). That irked me a bit, but I overlooked it as the software was so great. Unfortunately, the new subscription model hurts single users who don't have the funds for a subscription or even need team-based functionality. Clearly Appfluence's new pricing strategy is an attempt to bring in more revenue via multiple licenses and subscriptions, but I strongly hope that they reconsider. Any app's success depends upon individual home users, who can convince their bosses at work to buy it for their department. If the program's team-sharing functionality is truly valuable, then businesses will have no problem paying for it. Again, if you want to stay on track with an Eisenhower Decision Matrix system, Priority Matrix will save the day. Although ensuring that adhering to your priorities and doing the work is up to you, Priority Matrix will help you get the job done and stay on track. Great job, Appfluence!

Good Task Organiser - Different From Others

Publié le 06/02/2017
Darren A.
Business Owner
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've tried lots of different task managers over the years but the only one I still use every day is Priority Matrix. It is different to others in that each project is divided into four areas, you can put pretty much whatever you like in any of these areas. I run an ecommerce business and find that this layout works really well for managing our day to day tasks. The software looks a bit dated in some respects but it works really well and is pretty easy to customise to our exact needs. There seem to be a lot of features which we don't really use as the basic functionality works well for my needs. Syncing between a PC, iPad and iPhone also works well 95% of the time, occasionally there is the odd sync issue but this is not a major problem really. The iOS apps work well, they sometimes log you out but logging back in is fairly painless, it would be nice if they never logged you out though. Actually using the iOS apps to manage your tasks is really easy, as is creating and editing new and existing projects. Pricewise it's not cheap, but not really that expensive either, there are some great task managers that are free, however, I have no issue paying as it fits my needs to perfectly.

Avantages: 4 box / areas layout, good iOS apps.

Inconvénients: Looks a bit dated, iOS apps occasionally log you out.

Priority Matrix works for me to ensure significant projects and tasks are tended to and completed

John A.
Vice President of Global Sales
Support client

Avantages: Cloud-based software that serves me (not the other way around), making access to projects and tasks convenient via desktop in the office, laptops while traveling, or mobile devices while on the move. Collaboration within our teams makes Priority Matrix the perfect solution for groups of people to achieve more together. PM helps me focus on what needs to get done, it also helps me decide what isn't important enough to get done. it helps us get our attention on the right stuff.

Inconvénients: Finding the right balance of using just the right amount of the features and functionality to maximize the benefit of Priority Matrix - that's the key. It can be a personal challenge to transition all the good ideas that roll-into PM and assign them to manageable number of projects. "You can do it all, and Priority Matrix can help". ok, this isn't really a CON about the software. You figured that out by now.

Helps dig out from 'overwhelm'.

Shawn H.
Automatisation industrielle, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I'm mostly a pen/paper person. As such, I have dozens and dozens of yellow legal pads with important notes on the first 3 pages. And I have 8 rather large stacks of these all over my desk, grouped by functional area: Marketing, Operations, Sales, Engineering, etc. So last week I started working with Priority Matrix and began the process of digitizing my notes. Just the reduction in size of paper piles has helped me feel less overwhelmed. The software is easy to use, intuitive and it's fast to re-organize and re-structure the tasks in different quadrants and lists. I am currently only using it as a single seat, but I can tie in keep people on the team with their own seat in the future and use the software to help manage the delegated tasks and the necessary follow up. I have it installed on three computers and my phone. It all syncs seamlessly so I can work on things wherever I am. So far, very pleased.

Avantages: The hot keys to enter items in the particular quadrant are easy to reach and fast.

Inconvénients: It's yet another piece of software with a monthly per user charge. I understand why this is necessary, but until a person is really using the software effectively, the costs are hard to justify/recoup.

Publié le 30/12/2017
Jonda S.
Senior Controller
Vente au détail, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Helps with time management, organization, delegating and collaborating.

Avantages: I like the icons and the tag feature. I like having the ability to drag and drop between quads. I like the notes feature on individual items and the ability to add files. I like that when you use the word email in an item name it automatically assigns the email icon. I like the ability to set due dates and recurring deadlines. I like the ability to track my own progress and effort percentages as well as observe others.

Inconvénients: I don't like how when you sort by icon, it does not sort icons featuring numbers in numerical order. So if you are using orange icons featuring numbers 1-9, when you sort by icon it starts with 9 and moves in descending order. I'd prefer it start with 1. I'd like to see an option to "Unmark All" for all items marked done in individual Quads as well as a project as a whole. I would appreciate more videos or tutorials on using all of the different features together, like a time lapsed start to finish project video. The tips feature is nice but does not give a bigger picture.

Best task management tool out there

Publié le 02/02/2017
David M.
Product Manager
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great product. The concept is great! It allows me to establish my priorities in the most effective way using any task management techniques pioneered by customer support. The tool is flexible to allow you to customize it, yet simple enough so you don't spend time inputting data so you can spend your time on the most important thing: execution. There is room for improvement to make the experience more consistent across the platforms, but it is in my opinion the best task management tool outthere.

Avantages: The product is easy to use and it integrates well with other productivity tools (calendar, email). It's syncing capabilities are awesome, allowing me to work on my iPhone when on the move, my iPad when I'm chilling at home, on my MacBook at my home office, and Windows 7 station at work.

Inconvénients: There is a need to make the tool consistent across all the platforms

The product has been instrumental in transforming how we manage projects on a company wide spectrum.

Chris R.
President and CEO
Support client

Avantages: The online real time access to forms, drawings, ability to centralize installation notes and sync data to all of our technicians ad email reports to clients sets us apart from anyone in our industry so far in our region. Our documentation for warranty and support services has never been better.

Inconvénients: the only think i don't like is the absence of a small non-standard feature that we could use but that is not built in yet. The ability to individually remove or add quadrants or single items from or to a group project. We want to be able to quickly give everyone access to all items like happens when when we build a file from an All-Team template, but further, to selectively keep some items private for only certain team members.

I find this a useful and easy to use way of organizing my things to do lists

Janet S.
Clinical Lecturer in Infectious Disease
Recherche, 501-1 000 employés

Commentaires: Less stress, more organisation

Avantages: I like the Eisenhower grid the best, and particularly that it is easy to swap items between places, taking it off the active list without deleting it altogether, for example, when I job is not finished, but I am unable for some reason to action it at this time. I also like th master list, which helpps me focus on the matters in hand

Inconvénients: At present moving items between projects is tricky. Itens move from one to the adjacent grid, sometimes, accidentally which is annoying - I feel either it would be better for items simply not to move at all between grids, or be more controllable. The adjancent gid is not necessarily where an item needs to go. This could benefit from a little work

Wonderful experience using this product

Publié le 03/01/2018
Charles D.
Sr. Systems Engineer II
Support client

Avantages: I am continually thrilled using this product. With the instructional videos, learning more each time to take the product to new limits. I have kept tracked of projects and opportunities that I may have missed. I am actually ready for my review and goals for the company this year. Early and thorough. Tagged items really breaks down the data so it is easily searchable, I highly recommend using that feature.

Inconvénients: I would like more `effort categories. I wanted to transform this to ease billing to Customer. I have just started using the feed to set the effort level, it just doesn't translate well in the reports. Especially 30 and 90 min effort levels.

Great project management software!

Melinda D.
Pastor
Institutions religieuses, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Priority Matrix can do SO much! More than I can probably ever use! If you manage multiple projects over a course of time with long lists of tasks in each project with varying deadlines, etc.? Then this is for YOU. I needed a system that would help me do that, and do it well. And PM has definitely fit the bill. It does take time and effort to learn how to use PM and its features, but if you want to be organized and on top of your game -- any system worth its weight would take your effort! Plus, the customer support is probably the best that I have ever received -- EVER. Prompt, efficient, capable describes every interaction that I've had thus far with PM folks. I liked using PM so much like I decided to add a member of my team to my subscription, and now we together use it to manage both our individual and team projects. One of the great parts about that is now I have a place to jot notes and different ideas that come up throughout the day ... instead of sending 3 emails or text messages ... thoughts can be collated in one place.

PM in biotech product development

Carolyn D.
Recherche, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use PM in my personal and professional life. It's a great tool to minimize meetings, track tasks in real time, and communicate with a team in one space. It's biggest value is to be able to have one location to communicate (in real time and from anywhere) with a team, track progress of tasks, and even share documents. I like being able to import emails right from Outlook and to upload documents to projects.
One of the biggest values of PM is time-saving! A lot of time doesn't have to spent arranging meetings to make sure everyone is on the same page-that can all be accomplished from one tool!
Another key feature is all the options for reporting out on the projects. The calendars and gant charts make reporting the progress of projects much easier and much more complete than trying to compile info from many team members.

Avantages: All the functional capability in one location.

Inconvénients: Some people that I've trained on how to use find the functions difficult to navigate.

A great product for you to maintain organization and to see your thoughts clearly within the app.

Publié le 06/04/2018
Mark A.
IT Manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés

Commentaires: An organized mind

Avantages: I have been a customer since Priority Matrix became available, and not only am I a great supporter of this application for many organizational benefits. But the best experience has been the customer support provided. They really listen to what you have to say while improving versions along the way.

Inconvénients: You used to be able to STAR * your highlighted item(s) in a fair and viewable size. However, during a version update and change, you can now barely even see your highlighted / STAR item. I've been bothered towards this one item since that change. Other than that, all has been pretty great!

The definitive task manager tool

Publié le 14/02/2017
Daniel G.
Produits alimentaires, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I tried so much apps to organize my tasks, to-do lists, and after try several softwares, PM is the best.
Syncs between PC-Iphone-Ipad
For visual persons like me is great to divide activities in 4 categories. For me is like:
1. To do today - or 2 days max Where I focus in my daily.
2. Tasks I delegate to my assistant
3. Things to do consider for this week
4. Long term & not extreme important stuff, and is cool to don´t forget it
This app is the base to organize my time, activities, work, personal tasks.
And makes me be more effective, and focus in what is really important in a very intuitive way.
In the iOS app sometimes don´t synk very quickly or log out ..... but not all times.
Would be cool to polish that part.

Avantages: Unique perspective, organize task in 4 different categories

Inconvénients: In mobile app sometimes you need to log again

Outstanding application package. Extremely Knowledgeable and Responsive Customer Service/Support

Publié le 05/04/2018
Martin a B.
Vice President
51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Ability to plan for important/critical tasks more effectively.

Avantages: -Great tool for Agile Team information Sharing.
-Very Effective Project Management Tool
-Strikes a Very Good Cord Between Individual Work Packages and Overall Timeline (Gantt Chart)
-Very effective tool for both Program and Project teams

Inconvénients: -Needs more flexibility to help with more Franklin Style daily planning.
-Needs more flexibility to import/export data from industry standard tools (i.e. MS OneNote, MS Excel)
-Current file import function is can be clumsy

I wouldnt work the way I do without PM.

Publié le 09/01/2018
Joe C.
Post-Production Assistant
Support client

Avantages: The thing that I like most is having all tasks in front of me, backed up to the cloud. Once a task is recorded, it wont be complete until I mark it as done, so I will never forget to do something that been asked of me. I don't have to worry about losing a piece of paper or diary with my to-do list inside, its all saved to my account.

Inconvénients: With a relatively full list of items, the mobile app is cluttered to the point that I dont use it while I am out and about. I think it would benefit from a different layout option to the desktop app as it has a much smaller screen size to work with. The desktop app could be more beautiful too.

Great multi platform product with fantastic customer support - very proactive and engaging

Publié le 04/04/2018
Darren H.
vCIO
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Best way to implement an Eisenhower matrix time management plan
Actually use it as available on all platforms and syncs quickly

Avantages: Best implementation of Eisenhower matrix management tool I've come across.
Works and syncs across PC, Mac, iPhone and Android.
Very intuitive to learn and use
Support is very responsive to any issues and very accessible for training and assistance

Inconvénients: Had a few annoying bugs initially (PC version crashes, display refresh rendering issues), but these have been addressed in updates and very stable now.
The PC and iOS versions are very polished and have a consistent feel, the Android version looks and feels clunky by comparison

This tool enables you to prioritize your work and have everything organized at the same time.

Publié le 04/04/2018
Darlene P.
Cabinets médicaux, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like that you can see at a glance what has been completed and what needs to be done in order to meet your objectives by the established deadline. It prevents duplicity and helps you to be more productive. Its great that if the owner of the matrix is out, you have instructions on what duties absolutely must be performed on a daily basis and it's outlined by means of priority.

Inconvénients: You have to spend time getting to know the parameters of the software. After you are familiar with it, you can customize your settings to allow the software to only notify you of what's important to you. Do I need to get a message every time a task is completed? Well, it depends on who that task is assigned to. Again, knowing the features is the only way to customize your view of notifications.

Productive and a value

James R.
Immobilier, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been a user for years now. The customer support is tops, live from the USA, the actual owner gets into support if needed. They keep improving the software. The biggest problem is making it a habit to use it daily. The lack of results is because one just does not use it like they should. If you use it daily, actually during the day your bottom line if in business will be positivity affected. You actually get morning updates sent to you on what you have left to do, items that you have entered. I do wish it had history for accounts that you are tracking on your To Do lists - past records, maybe it does and I just have not noticed? It is a honest firm, in the USA, from people that you can understand and who understand what you are going through.

Avantages: Wrote it already

Inconvénients: Takes some effort to learn how to use it - not a con item just a notice - it will not work unless you learn how to make it work.

Overall great experience - Constantly improving the product.

Publié le 05/04/2018
Healthcare Information Technology and Services
Hôpitaux et soins de santé
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I was long searching for such an app, was trying to use Excel which had maybe 10% of the usability. The quick daily eyeball gets direction going, and then updating progress is simple, adding more info as needed.

Avantages: This allows me to better focus on multiple projects/efforts at a high level. Single user, I see the advantages a group would have.

Inconvénients: Some learning involved and getting the intuitive sometimes is a bit more effort, however, these are typically addressed in the next release.