What gets measured, gets managed right?

Publié le 01/11/2018
Daniel D.
Co -Founder
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We have Databox set up to track a few things, but right now our main goal with our business is outreach and linkbuilding We just wrote this huge guide that took 9 weeks and a few thousands dollars to create Makes sense to promote it and build links right? The thing is- even when youre good at linkbuilding, it takes time You might do outreach to 100 sites and get 2-5 links Even then? It can take literally weeks to see the difference in your rankings- so it can be a little offputting right? So we make sure to track the habit instead We connect Databox with Ahrefs (SEO tool) and Mailshake (Email outreach tool) and have a custom dashboard If we can send 16 emails per day- we know we'll get a link each week (at least) But because we can't get immediate feedback on our rankings, we instead track the action So we track how many emails we send per day and have a dynamic goal connected (A bar that fills up) We also have a weekly end goal that does the same Below that we have a connection to ahrefs that tells us of new links to our site And in the centre we have our organic traffic data graph- this shows us upticks in traffic as our rankings slowly increase This alone has made is SO easy to continue to do outreach, even tho we don't see that immediate result

Avantages: The ability to integrate with multiple platforms How I can set up custom goals and dashboards, relevant to the data its showing so I can track progress The daily emails to let me know if we're hitting those goals (Nothing like a bit of habit stacking right?) The fact that you can get a whole HEAP of value from the free version alone

Inconvénients: Honestly nothing Its super clean, easy to use, fast and intuitive

Great for free

Publié le 15/05/2018
Joby I.
Support client

Avantages: The basic account is free with data box and gives you 3 datasources which is enough to make some really nice visualisations of your data. We use it to send investors regular updates and give them a link they can access whenever they want to get an update on our progress. Once we created theses boards they just update automatically which make it some much easier to manage.
They have a great range of connectctions with most of the services you can think off to run your business. Their visualisation tools make it pretty easy to set up nice views of your data, and if you are stuck they have some great templates that just plug and play with your data.

Inconvénients: There have been a few bugs as we are in the UK we want money to be in £ and their default is $ there are some work arounds to make it work but it would be nice to have currency support built in and automatic.
Sometimes the data shows a little funnily on the iPhone app, support are very good at fixing this issues though.

It's my first to open app every morning

Publié le 17/08/2016
Juzni Z.
CMO
Import/Export, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Heard from a friend who is using Databox app in the company he works for (fortune 100 company). It was almost annoying seeing him checking his phone constantly. I downloaded it from App store the same day. On-boarding was a breeze and the next thing I was in the app with my Google Analytics, Facebook Ads and Stripe already connected. I was using it few days - it was just a beautiful app on my phone nothing more. But then I found they have desktop app - they call it Designer - where you can combine all metrics together. At that moment I was hooked. We have connected more than 10 data sources since then (database also) and we were able to put all important metrics in one place for everybody to see. I'm recommending this to everybody!

Avantages: I have access in one place to every important metrics I care. Just few clicks and I can change what I see on my phone and share with all my coworkers.

Inconvénients: It wasn't an instant "click" in my head what Databox can do for us. There are almost no guides or documentation. Default metrics they fetch were not useful for our business.

Thank you for your feedback.

Blown away. Completely changed my household.

Publié le 02/06/2018
Lucas S.
Clinical Director, Recruitment Lead, Legislative Advocate
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: At-a-glance view of everything I need to know about my business and household.

Avantages: I think most people use software like this to track their business outcomes, but my wife and I? Nope. I mean yes, I have my mailchimp and social media results on there, but also bank balances, to-do lists from Google Sheets, all kinds of stuff across two cheap monitors that just sit in the corner of our house. You'd think that'd be anxiety inducing but it's the opposite - I wake up every day, know where my business is at, know where my finances are at, have the "honey-do's" all prepared, and even see the weather. I LOVE this program. Yeah it's a little more expensive than others but 100% worth it for the extra integrations. Recommend without hesitation.

Inconvénients: It should be free for everyone everywhere, airdropped by satellite into rural villages with API manuals. ... no really though, it could be cheaper; there are iOS / Apple TV equivalents that are a quarter as expensive. If it weren't for the breadth of integrations I'd consider something else - but between those and all I can do aesthetically, it's a no-brainer.

This was a game changer for my digital marketing business

Publié le 26/12/2018
Ashley S.
Owner and Founder
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Amazing. I love this tool.

Avantages: Ok, so I was desperately looking for an affordable platform to centralize my reporting for my clients. Most things that I found were either too expensive or too limited. I tested many free reporting tools - not enough connections. I tested the "free trial" of the big guys - great, feature-rich, and waay out of my budget. Then I came across Databox and I have to tell you, it has been a complete game changer for me. The Free version allows you to connect 10 clients to 3 data sources for reporting but then I discovered that I could easily afford the next level upgrade version, which allowed me to enhance my reports with up to 10 data sources for 10 clients. The setup was extremely simple and once I created the dashboards and scorecards, I was able to click a button and create an easy to understand report for my clients. I highly recommend this product to anyone who is struggling to keep up with the reporting for their marketing clients.

Inconvénients: Honestly, nothing. Maybe that I have to pay for it to use it, but that's business.

Databox: Close, but no cigar...or even cigarillo ...

Publié le 24/02/2018
Zachary B.
Director of Marketing Strategy
13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I work as the Director of Marketing Strategy at DD, which is an inbound marketing agency that services nonprofits and higher education institutions. We're a HubSpot certified partner agency and we were looking to Databox to help us make our client reports quicker, more interactive, and more robust. Databox's clean user-interface makes it really easy to notice trends...it also updates in almost real-time (if not real-time) which is helpful. The customizable dashboards are helpful as well...and there's no doubt that this tool is affordable to agencies like DD who need to report on a wide variety of metrics for 20+ accounts.

Inconvénients: While there are definitely some pros to Databox, there are also some key features that they are missing. For example, you can't customize date ranges for reports. You have to choose from a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis...but you can't choose "Feb. 3 2017 - Feb. 23 2018" for example. This makes reporting very challenging if, for example, you start an inbound engagement with a client during the middle of the year and want to report on 6 month efforts and 12 month efforts that don't align perfectly with the Jan - Dec calendar year. Additionally, while the user-interface is clean, it's almost TOO white...our clients have found it really difficult to discern between traffic sources and points in time. All of this is to say, I'm highly skeptical of reporting tools that don't let you customize the date and time of your reports...While Databox looks like 2018, it functions like 2010. We have cancelled our services as of now, but I have written emails and social posts to their product team and have encouraged them to "fix" the product and then come sell it to me again...

Simple and powerful

Publié le 19/08/2016
James M.
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use Databox for 2 months now and so far we like it more and more. We only use Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics tools, so Databox seemed as a perfect solution for us. Databox allowed us to combine data from different data sources and display them in one place in a beautiful mobile app. We had some difficulties when we were setting up all data sources, but their customer support helped us in no time. The feature we like the most is scorecard. It's nothing better than getting a scorecard with most important KPIs in the morning and see the performance for the past day.

Avantages: - Daily scorecards
- Beautiful designed web and mobile app
- Databox Query Builder which allows us to get customized metrics from analytic tools
- Powerful yet simple Designer, where you can quickly set up datacards with a simple drag and drop feature
- Very helpful and responsive customer support

Inconvénients: - The alerting feature didn't seem to work for us two months ago so we stopped using it

envoyé par Databox le 19/08/2016

Thank you for your feedback. We're constantly improving alerts so make sure you give them a chance.

Super duper dashboard for all my cloud services

Publié le 19/08/2016
Andrej Z.
Account manager
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Few months ago i've downloaded this dashboard app, and absolutely happy with it. Now it's one of the most useful tools I use for work. I really appreciate the fact that I have all my data, analytics, reporting in one singular dashboard, especially when I work remotely. Plus I can always update my info while walking ;) And I do like its clear design and easy to use navigation. Simple, nice, and useful! Thanks for making my working days easier ;)

Avantages: All data in one place, easy to use/great ux, slick design

Inconvénients: More data connectors for my team like Jira

envoyé par Databox le 19/08/2016

Thank you for your review.

Beautiful Mobile app, easy to get addicted to.

Publié le 12/08/2016
Katie S.
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I signed up Databox only two months ago, but I've used the mobile app pretty much every day since. It's very easy to connect your cloud services and add the basic metrics, and it takes just a little bit of extra work to add more specific ones (like, in my case, custom funnel data from Mixpanel). I've also played around with connecting our SQL database to Databox - all these options are available even on the Free plan. I like it that you can put data from different datasources on the same visualization (e.g. steps in a funnel). The platform is quite powerful underneath, still lacking a little bit of self-help content as of now, but customer support was very helpful and I've set up just the dashboard that I've always wanted.

Avantages: Beautiful visualizations, the drag-and-drop interface of the Designer tool (where you set up your visualizations), the Scorecard feature

Inconvénients: All options are not very well documented

envoyé par Databox le 13/08/2016

Thank you for reviewing Katie. We will try to add the things you mentioned.

Practical & Pleaseing Data Tool For the Small Business

Publié le 27/11/2018
Molly H.
ppc specialist
Construction, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Building reports for clients can be time consuming and full of confusing, intricate processes. Data Box has really allowed my company to scale reporting for our clients - building easy reports

Avantages: The software is both intuitive and aesthetically pleasing. Easily view your data from Analytics, Google Ads, social media, etc. all in one spot. the feature I find most valuable is the ability to set alerts for goals. This reminds me n my team of our progress and where we stand in regards to our goals. You can set these so clients can see them as well! Overall it is simple to build visuals without code and drill down further into those visuals via the query builder or manipulating data rows/columns.

Inconvénients: To really use the tool to its full potential you should use the paid version. The free version is very limiting in data and may limit data source connections.

Databox has great features and is very intuitive

Publié le 18/08/2016
Boris K.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It was easy to self onboard, start trial and connect some sources. Second-to-none support via Intercom. Setting up datacards and data-blocks is an experience (positive :) by itself, all drag and drop and animated. I wish all my apps were like that. When you get a grip on how it all works, it's a piece of cake.

Avantages: Beautiful app and charts, I've tried probably all competing products, but none looked this good. Powerful features, intuitive setup...

Inconvénients: Quite a lot of connectors to 3rd party services, but I could use more of them. I've contacted them and many are in beta phase and coming soon, so this will be a non-issue soon. I managed to connect other, currently not directly supported sources like Google Spreadsheets via Zapier and my customer database via MySQL connector. So there are plenty of possible work-arounds.

envoyé par Databox le 18/08/2016

Thank you for your review.

Cannot say enough positive things about this software!

Publié le 01/08/2018
David C.
Digital Account Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: As a small ad agency, we manage various different accounts on many different platforms. Google analytics, adwords, Facebook ads, etc. Databox lets us identify the key performance indicators that we need to see on a daily basis and makes tracking campaign progress EASY!

Inconvénients: NOTHING! Please keep doing what you are doing, Databox! I can't imagine doing my job without this software, literally!

Beautiful and handy tool

Publié le 12/04/2019
CEO & co-founder
Internet, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Easy to setup. They have a great iPhone app so can review all data on my phone. Every morning I receive an email on our business performance which is really helpful.

Inconvénients: So far I'm happy with the tool, no things I don't like.

Business analytics made beautiful. A really nice app.

Publié le 17/08/2016
Mike W.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Found this searching for a way to convert my Spreadsheet data to charts. Worked great and it has beautiful charts. But then I found out it does much more. Now I have my Spreadsheet, Google Analytics and Mixpanel data all connected in one app. Makes it much easier to stay on top of the numbers. And I have a couple of datawalls set up, so I can show the numbers to my customers if needed by just turning on the tv. Works great.

Avantages: Simple to connect different data sources and have all the data in one place. Web site allows for advanced setups, but maybe not so simple to use. Beautiful mobile visualizations. Datawalls are really useful. Good value for money.

Inconvénients: Needed a Zapier account to connect to Spreadsheets, but on the other hand Zapier allows me to add many other sources.

Thank you for your feedback.

Easy to use and pleasing to the eye

Publié le 02/05/2019
Miha A.
Head of Marketing / Client Service
Internet, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: You can get started in under a minute with no prior knowledge about analytics or dashboards. The free templates (made by other marketers) make it super easy to visualize your data.

Inconvénients: More tehcnical users might miss advanced features (like making custom in-app API calls) but I guess that would defeat the purpose of keeping it simple for the rest of us.

No doubt, Best Mobile Business Analytics solution on the market

Publié le 16/08/2016
Dave S.
founder
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Simple, top level KPIs, easy to use, beautiful designed. We have been up and running in less than 15 minutes and hooked to our data in CRM, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, etc

Avantages: Mobile-first, native and great experience, TV dashboard

Inconvénients: More data connectors for engineering teams (Jira, Trello...)

envoyé par Databox le 17/08/2016

Thank you for your review. We're adding new connector on a weekly basis so stay tuned and I'm sure yours will be available soon!

centralizing multiple platforms

Publié le 22/02/2018
Shivakant D.
Technical Consultant
Logiciels
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Amazing easy to use and setup dashboards

Avantages: I like that I can customize the dashboard and seemingly add multiple data sources to a single dashboard view.

Inconvénients: The cons of this application are it can be a bit challenging sometimes to get the data updated and connect all external data sources. But the tutorials and guides are very helpful to solve the most of the issues

My search is over! Custom Data Visualization & Reporting

Publié le 16/10/2018
Jeremy D.
Web Developer / Owner
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I was looking for a solution to display website data and analytics for my clients. As a design and development agency, I wanted something that looks great, is easy for clients to use, and that I can "set and forget". Databox is the answer! By far the best in the industry. The free version is great for many small clients, and the paid upgrades for more integrations and users is very fair for those that need it.

Avantages: Vast number of integrations, ease of use creating boards, white labeling, multiple users, mobile app is fantastic, goals, notifications, snapshots, and it's beautiful!

Inconvénients: Some of the pre-made templates are too specialized. I created a client account before they introduced Agency accounts, and can't switch it over easily.

Visualization all my analytics in an interesting way.

Publié le 28/03/2019
Debjit B.
Freelancer
Services d'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: If you want peace of mid with your buisness and want to see what is happening with your social media it is the tool for me. One dashboard helps me find everything.

Avantages: I have used g-analytics for a long time but now with databox it is shoing some interesting manners. I love the idea of taking all the analytics visuals under one roof. It shows all my fb, website and youtube analytics under one roof. I i can now see what is happening with all under one dashboard. But i was lost in the beginneing when trying to use it. It nees some time to learn and get used to it.

Inconvénients: Facebook updats a lot faster or not able to see live update. Maybe needed fix.

Amazing wall of data with great presentation options

Publié le 21/05/2017
Matthew C.
Médias en ligne, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: easily view and break down complex data sources in minutes.

Avantages: Visually its the best I've seen (and I've seen a lot). The integrations are pretty flawless as far as setup goes. I had one small hickup but the team was on it and fixed. The phone app is great and you can even administer the phone data views separate to the desktop - that's awesome!

Inconvénients: The real-estate of datawalls is tricky. On one hand if you have three main chunks of data to look at they're great, but it you want to view more (like all the various metrics for a website traffic including conversions rates, etc) you run out of space due to the grid system. But it's not all bad.

End to my search for a mobile first analytics platform

Publié le 18/08/2016
Christopher C.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I'm not a hardcore analyst but I use a fair amount of cloud services such as Intercom, Google Analytics, Stripe and such and browsing through each and every one every day becomes a bit annoying of a task. Databox allows me to connect everything in one place so that I can see everything with the open of one app. Also the customization options are endless. It's a bit daunting at first but you get used to it sooner or later.

Avantages: Very nice and clean UI, a lot of connectors and endless customization options.

Inconvénients: A bit hard to understand what Databox can do for you and how to set up everything.

Supercool!

Publié le 17/11/2018
Michael R.
Immobilier, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This web base Software Is amazing! For small users it is free and very powerful. To be able to have everything connected Under one dashboard makes everything so much easier & nicer.

Inconvénients: No cons at all. it is Perfect & Superfast!

A must have for business analytics

Publié le 12/08/2016
Jake R.
2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's a must have analytics tool if you use multiple cloud sources. I have Adobe Analytics for website visits, Mixpanel for mobile tracking, Stripe for payments and Intercom for support & communication. With Databox I have all my data in one place and always accessible. And they have a feature called Datawall which allows me to have metrics on my office TV as well.

Avantages: Very nice & clean UI. The charts look amazing and the whole product is very polished. Also amazing customization options in the web app. I was able to change visualizations, colors, chart types, ...

Inconvénients: The connect process is a bit confusing at first. After you've completed your first connection it's no longer a problem though.

envoyé par Databox le 13/08/2016

Thank you for your feedback.

“Beautiful web and Mobile app”

Publié le 06/12/2018
Sarath R.
Automation Test Engineer
Logiciels, 201-500 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus de deux ans
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Data box is a simple and good, Awesome designed web and mobile apps, good responsive for customer support,Very Important data stored in one place, easy to use.

Inconvénients: In my opinion data box software is best clean, easy to understanding and fastest

Great, Plug & Play and affordable product for mobile access

Publié le 19/01/2017
Julian M.
Founder & CEO
Services d'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We have been searching a solution like Data Box for a long time. It is powerful, has the WOW effect, is easy to build and very important, very affordable.
Apart from connecting to several cloud services really in a few clicks (twitter, Google Analytics, CRMs, etc), we can connect DIRECTLY to our customer databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server). It allows us to build customized dashboards based on metrics.

Avantages: Easy to use for customer
WOW effect
Amazing design
Really Plug&Play dashboard to cloud services
Access to customer databases

Inconvénients: It would be great having query builder on BASIC PLAN or middle plan between BASIC and BUSINESS.