Excellent for team building and communication

Publié le 31/07/2017
Keith D.
Executive Pastor
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Team building and team communication.

Avantages: My team is spread out between different locations and schedules. Rarely are they all together at the same place and same time. iDoneThis has greatly improved our communication and team work as it makes it easy to communicate what is being done and gives the team the ability to interact with the posts. The team is much more informed about what is happening in general, and there is more synergy when people end up working on the same project without knowing it. It is also a great way for the team to encourage each other and give suggestions along the way. We love it. And it's easy and quick to use too - also critical to the success of something like this. Also customer service is excellent!

Inconvénients: The software is fairly mature but is still in development so there are some features that we love that have disappeared while new versions are developed. The daily email journal is a very powerful feature, but currently social components (likes and comments) are not showing up effectively, the email is being clipped by Gmail and images and videos embedded are not displaying. These are all being worked on by the development team, however, and I expect them to become strengths again soon.

Great For Looking Back

Retired
Comptabilité, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I don't use I Done This for business but my daughter-in-law does and she's the one who started me on it. So I can't say anything about my business experience with it, but she loves it. As a personal user, I would be very upset if they discontinued the personal page, because it's like having a short journal to keep track of your life.

Avantages: I have the personal version and I like that I can see that I actually accomplished something in a day. And if I need to check back on when I did something, the search feature is a great help. I Done This almost feels like an easy, short journal, helping you to remember and capture what you did in any particular day.

Inconvénients: I've been using this about 4 years and can't say there's anything I don't like. The app was really wonky but I mostly use the web site on my computer so that didn't matter to me. Although it's nice to hear they're coming out with a new app.

Good tool to monitor teams activity

Publié le 18/08/2019
E-commerce Fraud and Payments Management
Internet, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Version d’essai gratuite
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: My favorite aspect of this tool is that not only help you to have an overview of the projects/tasks your teams are working into, but it allows you to have a full view of the daily obstacles the team members have during their day to day work. Many other platforms are very good is project planning but fail in implementing a feature that accounts the unexpected tasks of the day to day, which part part of the work of fast moving industries of today. This fast sharing of the status of the work allows you to be more connected to the team and issues to be solved faster

Inconvénients: Trial period is extremely short as it is just 3 days. To have a good understanding of the potential of the tool and the benefits that can bring to the team, a normal team would need at least from a week to 10 days of trial

I've used this app for years!

Lisa H.
Contracts
Pétrole et énergies, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have literally been using this on a daily basis since 2011. It started as a reminder that i was actually getting smaller important tasks done at a time when i was completing a massive project. From the birds eye view I wasn't making a lot of progress but tracking this on a daily basis helped me realize that i was really chipping away at it. Now I use it mostly for reminding me of all the great things I've done when i put together those mid-year and year end reviews. i always run across accomplishments I had completely forgotten about.

Avantages: This is a stellar way to keep track of what you've gotten done which is particularly helpful when preparing for a performance review. I love the feature that looks back in time although i wish that it would look back longer than a year to see what i was doing at that time.

Inconvénients: the typing is a little clunky and editing of an entry can be a pain.

Managers use of iDone

John J.
Sales Manager
Équipement et fournitures de bureau, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Again, because the comments section does not work easily, problem solving is difficult. The primary use of this program is as a “call report”. Team interaction is cumbersome.

Avantages: Easy to share events and thoughts quickly and in real time.

Inconvénients: The comments area is porly designed. No edit capability and it clearly gets no attention from the designers. Actually, from a manager’s view point, the comments area is the most important. Even for a sales team, a sales person often reaches out for ideas fro the team and those ideas are very difficult to share. It seems as though the designers do not see the value of comments. I have complained about this issue for 3 years now with absolutely no result and certainly no improvement. Because of this I would be reluctant to recommend the use of this program.

An excellent way to celebrate small wins across a remote team

Publié le 03/08/2017
Bryan L.
Head of Marketing
Gestion de l'enseignement, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Helps team members understand the daily plight of their coworkers. Helps us celebrate small wins across the team. Keeps a record of our team progress over time. Allows new team members to integrate into our culture quickly. Holds each other accountable for getting tasks complete. Fosters transparency and open culture, no closed doors.

Inconvénients: The software interface is radically simple. you enter your done's, hit enter, done. The admin interface could use some work. Billing and plan updates are not overly easy to manage. Reporting is very limited, especially when you want to report one individuals done's over time. Also a challenge to report team done's over time. would like to see more graphical data visualization for our ongoing work.

Such a helpful program!

Director, McVay Youth Partnership
Enseignement supérieur, 501-1 000 employés

Commentaires: See above.

Avantages: I use IDoneThis for both personal and professional reasons. I spend a few minutes every night entering the highlights of my day. I include trips I take that I can use for mileage reimbursement. It also helps me remember when I went to an appointment, or took care of a grandchild, or went to a particular event. I love it!

Inconvénients: I don't have any complaints. I would like to be able to easily capture all my calendar entries as an ongoing diary of my life. I know you can download it to an excel file, which is fine. But, if there were a way to have them compile a monthly/yearly day-by-day account that I could save in a pdf or print, that would be cool. But, I'm happy with what I have.

Helps me stay productive

Michael c. C.
Production Operations Engineer
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This is a good product. It keeps me motivated as it instills a desire in me to want to report my successes and even my not so successful accomplishments.

Avantages: This is an easy tool to use to view my teams accomplishments and doings. From this information I can leverage or assist on projects for which they are tasked or completed. I can communicate to my team my daily accomplishments, and share any future planning. The comments help as I can gauge what others may think and get feedback.

Inconvénients: Comments can't be deleted. Let's have some fun with emoticons or similar items.
Might be a bug but I added some accomplishment somewhere in the middle of the night(11pm?-1am?) and it appeared on the wrong day.

Excellent Task Recording Tool

Kathleen D.
Director, Technology & Communications
Psychologie, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I appreciate the export to a CSV file feature... this very easily allows me to provide my management a monthly recap of accomplishments.

Avantages: I use the free version to record my own task/done list at work via the Mac App integration (I can log in using my Google acct with a single click). The app just sits on my desktop where I can easily make entries as my day progresses. I especially like having the ability to #tag keywords for easy recaps of particular types of tasks.

Inconvénients: No complaints... although it would be great to have the option to enter single entries (like the old Mac App) vs. adding to a list (smaller footprint on the desktop).

IDoneThis is a great solution for keeping our team members connected.

Publié le 25/07/2017
Joan V.
VP of Marketing
Vente au détail, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am a remote team leader so this software keeps me connected with my team. It also allows me to respond to their to-do (or done!) items, offering suggestions, assistance, or congrats!

Avantages: Our tasks and goals are completely transparent now, and we can respond to other people's items, ask questions, and offer suggestions and help. As a team leader who works remotely, I feel more connected to my team members and I have a better handle on their pain points - and I can celebrate their successes, as well. IDoneThis allows me to be in the loop on things that I might otherwise miss.

Inconvénients: It duplicates tasks and I'm not sure how to clean that up. On the day the tasks are scheduled, my to-do list looks fine. But when I review a previous day (or when the summary is emailed to me) I often see a long list of duplicated tasks.

Quick and Easy

Jo L.
Numerology Counsellor
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I use this system for tracking income and travel as well as accomplishments. I usually use the 'reply' function on the evening email, and it is fast and simple and stored where I can access it. The fact that I can go to my calendar and search for specific keywords allows me to coordinate information easily and verify dates when necessary.

Inconvénients: The only complaint I have ever felt is when I get distracted and don't complete the daily list.
Needing to catch up with three or four days of neglected iDones is 100% my own fault, and I find it sufficiently onerous that I don't neglect it for longer periods.

iDoneThis does the remembering for you

Sheena A.
Director of Advancement
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This service makes it EASY to track every little task and project I complete. I've been using it for six years. That means if I'm doing first quarter planning, I can go back and look at what I did the first quarter the last few years and see what I can repeat and how I can build on the past. The more you advance in your career, the less you can rely on your memory. iDoneThis does the remembering for me. I often forget my accomplishments, but iDoneThis lets me go back and reflect and see how I've grown. All I have to do is reply to an email iDoneThis sends me every day, and it enters my completed tasks for me. If you don't track what you've done, it's almost as if you didn't even do it. iDoneThis adds tremendous value because it tracks and helps you measure your progress. I recommend this to anyone who will listen.

Inconvénients: Would be nice if I could figure out how to integrate my calendar with iDoneThis.

Capture your completions

Publié le 16/10/2018
Jeremy G.
Electronics Engineer
Armée, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Simple and streamlined way to capture my daily thoughts and completions as well as end of week incompletions that I can mark especially. This saves me from having my own system and keeps it easily accessible and easily captured so I can focus on doing. Tracking completions for me hasn't helped me celebrate wins, notice patterns in my work and moods, and focus on doing and not on random distractions or details like many productively systems I've tried.

Avantages: Easy to use and integrate with my productivity system

Inconvénients: Really does everything I want with. I issued but if I had to say something - Don't have ways to link other productively files that I use like excel to have everything in one place.

Awesome product to keep track of daily dones

Publié le 14/10/2018
Senior Fullstack Developer
Internet, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been using iDoneThis for several years now to keep track of what I’ve accomplished every day, it’s great to look back on dones from the past! It super helpful with weekly reviews to go back and see accomplishments for the week and also end of the year reviews. Highly recommend iDoneThis to anyone who wants to be more effective in life!

Avantages: - Keeps track of daily dones, which are way more inspring that to-do’s
- Daily reminders with a digest of last day’s done and a done from some time in the past (week, month, 3 months, 6 months or year back) which is always interesting to look back at.

Inconvénients: - None as of now! This is truly a remarkable tool.

Keeping Track

Angela R.
Musician/Music Therapist/Writer/TV Director
Musique, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I'm a musician, music therapist and writer simply keeping track of daily work. I don't work with a team, but I use 'I Done This' to note thoughts and ideas about work and life in general as well as noting the work I've done that day. It's easy to search past entries to review ideas and this takes away some of the fear of losing ideas that might have mileage.

Avantages: The 'I Done This' software with its daily reminder email makes it simple to note each day what I've done, as it's easy to forget the detail in a busy life.

Inconvénients: I use the software at a pretty basic level and there's nothing that annoys me about it.

My Favorite Software

Larry B.
Retired Part time
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have used IDoneThis for over 5 years and am very pleased with the software. Being retired and out of the mainstream, I do not use or need the team function.

Avantages: I am able to have a daily record of important (and some not important) items that occur in my life. I am able to access the program easily and record an item. I'm also able to edit an item thereby following to a conclusion or correction. I also appreciate the search function in which I am able to find occurrence(s) that happens years ago.

Inconvénients: I am unable to sync with my iphone or ipad.

Good for tracking what you've done

Resource Sharing and Acquisitions Management Librarian
Enseignement supérieur, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Using IDoneThis really helps me feel like I've accomplished things during the week.

Avantages: As a knowledge worker, I would often look back on the week and feel like I hadn't gotten anything done. IDoneThis helps me track what projects I've worked on as well as all of the other daily tasks that get thrown in. IDoneThis is easy to use, easy to access, and I really like that you can enter dones and to-dos manually, as well as via email reminder.

Inconvénients: I like the calendar feature, but don't like that I can't click between dates or see, overall, what I've done in a length of time. I have to click on each individual date to see what I've done for the day and that can be quite slow and cumbersome.

Simplest daily stand up tool

Publié le 14/03/2018
Madhav B.
Marketing Manager
Internet, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Helps me and my team plan weekly tasks and then easy to send updates across the entire team. I don't have to add a manual update on my channel every week.

Inconvénients: A) I think they've stopped working on bettering the app. Their chrome extension hasn't been updated in years.
B) I wish I could just reply to the email with what's done instead of needing to login everytime to update my tasks.
C) Make it possible to access iDoneThis office.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par IDoneThis le 16/03/2018

Hello Madhav,

Thanks for your review! Our email reminder system still works, please contact us by chat or email so we can get this up and running for you. Recently we have included new features such as assigning tasks and we continue to grow our productivity tool. Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Great Way to Track Your Days

Randy M.
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's simple and easy to use and I like the reminders near the end of each day to go in and enter what you did for the day. I love it.

Avantages: Easy way to jot down what you've done for the day. I add to it everyday. It's a great way to be able to look back and find what you did on a particular day.

Inconvénients: There's no reordering of what you entered. I like to enter things in the order they happened, but sometimes you forget something and want to add it in later, but there isn't a way to do that without deleting stuff and adding it back.

Great concept, pretty good execution

Publié le 25/07/2017
Phil F.
Leading Product & Engineering
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The concept is great for remote teams: in place of a daily standup, have a clear way to log what you did each day. This is useful even for people to do individually for themselves to help keep track of where their day went, but becomes especially useful for transparency in remote teams. There are also some nice mechanisms for feedback/encouragement through the ability to "like" coworkers items.

Inconvénients: The email digest is pretty useless in its current form, which was one of my favorite parts of their pre-redesign service. And the main site could be much faster... needs some serious optimization. And more focus/love could be given to integrations.

I'm a big fan

Publié le 15/10/2018
Zak S.
Divertissement, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I've used iDoneThis for a long time now, and the thing I like most is the simplicity. It allows me to keep track of what I've done in a quick and easy manner. The ability to go back in time and see what I was doing on a specific day years ago is great.

Inconvénients: I wish I could reorder my dones on a day! There's some real functionality features that I find lacking that I think could improve the platform while still maintaining its simplicity and ease of use.

We use this as a daily journal of work done for our small startup team.

Publié le 26/07/2017
Julie T.
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It definitely helps keep my distributed team motivated and in sync with each other at a reasonable cost. It also provides a useful history to be mind for IP research and work done for investor inquiries. That's why I want the reporting features bumped up.

Avantages: It's easy to use. I wish there were a decent mobile app for it. I'd like to see more thorough reports. Like being able to export all the entries for a particular user, for a particular time frame into a nicely formatted PDF. Patterns of use for each individual over time would be nice. You kind of have that, but not quite what I was thinking.

Inconvénients: I really don't like the mac app. It's really a PWA in a headless browser. So, if my internet connection hiccups, so does the app. And it tends to make it a little slow. I'd like to see it as an offline first app which only connects to the internet when necessary

Room for improvement, especially around notifications across the board!

Meher T.
VP Operations
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Pretty good overall... does help the team.

Avantages: Does what it is supposed to in general...

Inconvénients: Wish had better options for being notified... if I do comment on someone's done, I would expect to at least have the option to be notified to any responses on that 'thread' (rather than remind folks to add an @mention).
Reminders are also a bit too quick to disappear for folks not updating (for example when on vacaction, one would have to get back and reset reminders...).

A simply and elegant tool

Olga Z.
Writer
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use it as a diary, to keep track of my productivity from day to day. It's very effective and gives me a great sense of accomplishment.

Avantages: It's very simple to use and very effective in its functionality. It allows me to email in the tasks that I accomplished and to keep track of them via the calendar. I also love the reminders, included in the email, of what I accomplished on the same day weeks and months ago.

Inconvénients: I'd love to have it as an app for my phone.

A Great Tool

Timothy M.
Owner / Operator
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Writing about your work is one of the best ways to keep your work tangible and to be able to hit your goals. IDoneThis makes it incredibly easy to keep an ongoing log of your work, and also to keep a better big picture view of things.

Inconvénients: It seems pretty basic. It used to have some more tools for visualizing your work over time, but they removed all of those some time ago, and it's basically just a calendar now.