Wish I had more room for TRUE review...

Ryan H.
Assistant IT Manager
Support client

Commentaires: Honestly we have dumped the End User Desktop as a portal and have instead implemented a Joomla Portal and "plugged in" the incident submission and view open incidents because the front-end is too weak when compared to what else is out there. That being said we also use it internally.
The FAQ has been changed since (possibly before 7.6) and it is still broken.
If you are supporting external customers with SLAs then this product is great.
If you are supporting internal customers then this product can be difficult to wrap your head around but it can work and work well. The reporting is there and is solid.
The good thing about this product is it is so solid that you don't have to worry about it. You can set it up and it works just as well today as it did when it was installed years ago. The support is amazing and they are always willing to work with you even when the circumstance may seem a little out of their scope. I recommend this product 100%.

Avantages: CUSTOMER SERVICE!
I have been with GWI since release 4.0 (still have my mini admin guide and such). Every issue I have had was able to be fixed. Not only that but they remotely connected into my box and fixed it for me.
There are a lot of features in their product and they continually are looking inward to their customers for ideas for new features.
The product is VERY VERY STABLE. I don't think I've had to ever reboot the server from anything GWI related.
Finally with 9.0 GWI has brought support for Firefox, Safari and Chrome.

Inconvénients: IN MY INSTALLATION...
The product is built (really) for EXTERNAL customers who have signed up for X,Y or Z service agreement.
In our installation our customers are internal and so there are quite a few of the features that we simply cannot use like Workflow Templates and SLAs.
Also you get into a situation where Hierarchy Templates are not usable because they are not launched via the normal ticket entry so for my installation I have to create a menu structure with hundreds of templates for each of my uses. This is not good for a department of 2 that supports over 300 users and over 1200 devices total.
The last thing I would like to say is that I am still waiting for them to connect a person to an asset when a ticket is submitted. So in other words when a user visits the End User Desktop from computer X there is no way to tell that they submitted the ticket from computer X and not Y. We have users that move around and I've been looking for this for years.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par iSupport Software le 29/04/2010

Most of our clients use our solution for internal ITSM. We would be happy to schedule some time to go over how you have iSupport set up to find ways to better fit that need in your environment.

Support Delivery

Michael B.
DBA ,Csupport 7.0.1.0 for Windows Admin.
Support client

Commentaires: If i am to rate it from 1 to 10 and 10 is the top rating ,i will give it 11.5. The good thing about it is that this is not just a one person opinion, most of the IT members likes its ease of use. Just a small Link on SharePoint or pushed to the desktops and anyone in the Org. can Log a ticket in less than 2 minutes.Integrates with e-mail so you get your e-mail notification to start working on the ticket or as a user with updates on what has being done!!

Avantages: The reason i am on this website today to talk about the amazing support delivery from GWI. I logged a ticket few minutes after... i was called on my desk with the resolution and full answer to most of my questions that were not even related to the ticket subject ...i am the least to say impressed. This is not the first time i get such response! On the other hand, from my own 1 year experience Csupport 7.0.1.0 is a very easy to use ticket/Incident/problem/change/Asset tracking web based SW. Almost all departments can use it to track tasks assignments and work to be done as in facilities, Marketing....or inter-departments ....etc While IT can track issues, problems changes and Assets and can link all together even KB articles. It integrates very easily with Active directory, MS SQL and SSRS.(For a DBA this is a fortune of Data)
It is based on IIS and rich in features, does not take time as a user or rep. to find your way in and manage your work. I am very eager to see Version 9

Inconvénients: Needs to be careful with IIS settings and fine tune it to keep the performance acceptable under heavy load(i would presume this would be different from a business to another), once this is settled everything else is fine.

Very user friendly ticket handling software

Publié le 31/05/2018
Aman D.
Sr Program Analyst
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We manage the helpdesk ticketing system using this software and extend an experience to smoothly submit, track status of the tickets submitted by users.

Avantages: Features such as mySupport, Chat ability with users. Ability to use same software for multiple work items including problems, incidents, projects, purchase etc..Very user friendly to manage and administer for administrators of the company it serves.

Inconvénients: A lot of limitations to the use of the application. They try to fulfill some of the needs of the users/clients in upcoming releases but still far away from being the most intuitive system.

iSupport is a great product

Michael G.
Computer Operations Supervisor
Support client

Commentaires: I highly recommend this product for all the reasons stated, but most important is the support staff at GWI. They truly made the difference before the sale and have maintained that excellence since we've purchased (2+ years and counting).

Avantages: The BEST support staff I've ever worked with by far. The product is easy to use and has done an excellent job of organizing our help desk requests. It is well liked by both the end users and our support staff. We are able to easily create groups and queues for each department. Using templates we have been able to allow the end user the ability to open tickets directly into specific queues. Active directory integration is a huge plus and allows the end user to open tickets with minimal input. Notification options are plentiful and easy to configure. We love the correspondence feature that allows us to easily include full ticket detail in an e-mail to the end user. The PC scan feature is amazing, incredibly useful utility. Numerous Reporting options The product is designed to scale very well

Inconvénients: I wish printing tickets (when necessary) was a faster process. A few too many clicks to get the printing process to happen. Reports are great and plentiful however because we run the application and the Database on the same server, report generation can sometimes be slow.

Best Helpdesk Software Handdown!

Publié le 07/03/2017
Ryan B.
Microsystems Manager
Banque, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like the ability to do just about anything you can imagine. Updates are small and quick, free training all the time, Enhancement requests are actually looked out and almost all are implemented.

Inconvénients: I have not found anything that I don't like about the product. We have been using this product for going on 3 years now.

I would recommend iSupport to any company looking for a work-tracking solution.

Publié le 07/03/2017
Jeff L.
PC Support Analyst II
Construction, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It's very stable, customizable, and easy to use and understand. Most updated and changes are only a few clicks and they're done.

Inconvénients: It is lacking some features that myself and others agree aren't too much to ask. For example, the ability to backdate a ticket if it is put here after its original occurrence.

iSupport Review

Publié le 08/03/2017
Brandon T.
Technology Integration Specialist
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I like the features and only know I scratch the surface. I tried to explore the support to find tutorials and documentation, but haven't been successful.

Avantages: The functionality is great. There are so many features. Working with the layout for the portal in MySupport is user friendly.

Inconvénients: I am new at using iSupport on a back-end level. I am seeing the many functions, but I feel we only use a small percentage of what is available because of the time it takes to learn and implement all the features. This tool can be overwhelming. I have to work on it regularly, otherwise I forget, but I am new and haven't had formal training.

Great product for small/medium sized company that doesn't need a lot of customizations

Daniel S.
IS Analyst/Programmer
Support client

Commentaires: Great product for the small to medium sized company. If you need to do a lot customization, this is not the product for you. Over the years owning this product they have brought the product to next level. Looking forward to working with GWI Software to see other enhancements.

Avantages: You can create as many different views/queries as needed for viewing all items (tickets or other types of items) and if you want they can be private or shared (security) with selected groups (or all). Can setup to keep all the locations based tickets in one Location/Site for routing proposes. Great AD integration. Reporting services are great to distribute reports to managers. Has a change management module for SOX compliance.

Inconvénients: When sending out updates about tickets, do not have the ability currently to add your custom fields to the notification email. When upgrading from previous version, you do not have the ability to look at your old views/queries were. Knowledge base searching for the customers is very weak (can only search one word), when you add multiple words it does a OR instead of a AND. When adding knowledge entries it would be nice to add multiple categories for one entry. Survey module is limited when reporting.

iSupport provides a feature-filled, if somewhat immature ticketing system

Publié le 16/05/2017
Jacob T.
Application Support Analyst

Avantages: 1. There is a ton of customizability and features
2. Works "out of the box" fairly well
3. Has a lot of functionality and could be used for a variety of environments
4. Interface is fairly modern in looks, although more to say on this in the "cons" section
5. Tons of data and reporting available

Inconvénients: 1. While there is a lot of customizability and features, they are difficult to configure
2. The interface is fairly modern in how it looks, but clunky in design. The recent UI overhaul made it somewhat more difficult to use. They need to invest in some better UI design
3. Difficult to create reports and new views
4. Good software if you have the resources to customize, not great if your admins are not tech savvy
5. The user-facing portal is ugly and very difficult to manage

Our help desk experience

Patricia C.
System Support Specialist
Support client

Commentaires: Of all the help desk software programs that I've used - both at work and in volunteer positions - this is far and away the best one I have ever used. The Customer Service is excellent - I have never had to wait more than a couple of hours to get a response from GWI and their staff is always knowledgeable and easy to communicate with about my issues.

Avantages: I love the new rep interface which has dashboards so that I can graphically see the numbers and kinds of help tickets out there. I love the email notifications of new tickets, updates, etc. It's great having the history to go back to review when a similar incident occurs.

Inconvénients: I haven't figured out how to get the report feature to rate how quickly I respond to requests, taking into consideration the type of request and my work hours, etc. The report may be out there, but I haven't had time to search for it. Each version of the support software has gotten better and better about report capability, so it may be there, but just kind of hidden.

i.support review Apr 2010

Kim B.
Information Specialist II
Support client

Commentaires: This is a very well designed product. It is complex in its functionality but a very powerful tool. though it is complex and powerful, it is very easy to learn how to use. I highly recommend to any agency to review this product in conjunction with their business needs as I believe they will find that it exceeds their business needs and may even offer ideas to improve internal processes that may be holding them up from streamlining certain processes.

Avantages: 1. Functionality is wonderful
2. Features exceeds our business needs
3. The minimal training we recieved was thorough
4. The help and online help is excellent and very well written
5. Customer support from GWI is outstanding

Inconvénients: 1. When spell checking it covers the paragraphs so you cannot see what you are spelling.
2. Notifications pile up if that feature is not turned on. Then when it is turned on, old notifications go out to help desk support and users.

Excellent Product

Publié le 05/04/2010
Kimberly B.
Senior Support Analyst
Support client

Commentaires: Easy to use, Easy to install, Fast & Friendly Customer Service & Support. I would recommend this feature rich software for customers looking for a solution to run their World Class Service Desk.

Avantages: The multiple area's of iSupport for service techs to access information from is invaluable. The dashboard features are easily enabled. Ad-hoc reporting combined with the views offers both customers and reps with a variety of reporting that satisfies everyone's needs. The ability to turn on features, such as CMDB, Asset Management, and Problem Management as we prepared our implementation made our migration from the earlier versions easier.

Inconvénients: Would love for GWI to offer more of the "No-cost to customers" on-line tutorials such as the Hierarchy Designs.

Feature Rich Support System for a Great Price

Robert P.
IT Support Manager
Support client

Commentaires: I would recommend GWI iSupport software as it has meet our needs. GWI iSupport is easy to configure and maintain. GWI releases updates with feature that are great pretty regularly. Their support staff is great to talk with and are very helpful.
I changed a setting and could not figure out how to get back to the original settings. I called GWI and they remoted into my system and bailed me out once again.
We love GWI.

Avantages: The GWI iSupport software was easy to install and setup. We were up and running in just a few days. Modifications are easy to implement and the product is easy to use.
We feel that after extensive testing of other product we made the right discission and chose GWI iSupport.
When we had to call GWI for support the staff is extremly helpful and knowledgeable.

Inconvénients: We love GWI.

Does the job and does it well

Jason C.
Systems Analyst
Support client

Commentaires: Total recomendation - it's a great product and we've had no problems in the years we've had the product.

Avantages: We've been using Csupport, now called Isupport for a couple years now and its been really good. It's one of those products that you use and it just works, and since you never really have any trouble, you almost forget it's there. The couple times i've had trouble with an upgrade, their tech support has been pretty much perfect, they're willing to bend over backwards to make you happy. I only wish that some of my other software products were so good...

Inconvénients: Although it's been improved greatly from earlier versions, it would be cool if it had better graphs and charts to show workflow and productivity.

iSupport had a lot of wonderful features, but it started to get very slow.

Publié le 10/07/2018
Support Technician
Assurance, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall an awesome product that delivers a tried and tested ticketing system.

Avantages: A lot of awesome functionality. Mass manipulation of tickets and linking tickets to together in parent-child relationships.

Inconvénients: Speed was awful after using it for about a year with 1500-2000 users submitting tickets daily. even with the added customization. Their support was difficult to contact at times.

Flexible Software with Outstanding Support

David H.
Network Systems Specialist
Support client

Commentaires: If you're looking for a great help desk application that integrates well into a Windows environment - then look no further!

Avantages: iSupport is easy to install and configure. Highly customizable tabs, views, ad hoc reports, and more make it very flexible and easy to use (for both technicians and end users). GWI's tech support is wicked-fast, friendly, and highly knowledgable.

Inconvénients: My only complaint, and it's a mild one, is that some of the configuration settings can be difficult to locate. Other than that, I have only feature requests for future versions.

Excellent Software

Jim P.
Network engineer
Support client

Commentaires: I would recommend this software to anyone looking to do incident management or change management in thier enviroment. It is very easy for IT personel to manage and support.

Avantages: Very configurable for individual needs
Easy for users to learn
Easy for customers to use and submit request
Great change management utilities
Nice ticket routing capabilities
All Web based, easy server inhouse implimentation
Great upgrade and support from GWI

Inconvénients: Uses SQL reporting services which can be hard to configure reporting for external access.

GWI Software--Value and Performance

Michael C.
Director of IT
Support client

Commentaires: Highly recommend for any size company.

Avantages: Web based software is easy to configure and offers access across a company WAN. Flexible enough for any type of business. Technical support is very responsive and thorough. The follow up is also a welcome benefit. We reviewed more than a few products and GWI has met every expectation. We're glad we chose iSupport.

Inconvénients: Takes a little knowledge to install, but the documentation is good and tech support is there if you need it.

Excellent Service Management Tool

Erik D.
IT-Architect
Support client

Commentaires: c.Support has been our Service Management tooling for over 10 years now. Over that period the tooling has been our most stable business application. Because of the ease of setup and customizability we have been able to implement the entire Tooling internally without the need for workarounds or customized options.

Avantages: - Ease of setup
- 100% Web-based, multiple browsers
-Completely customizable to your own needs
-includes CMDB and auto asset scanning (agent-less)
-Excellent support

Inconvénients: - no CLI features
- no billing features

Very Easy

Nancy G.
Operation Analyst
Support client

Commentaires: I would recommend this product because of all of the features are in one product

Avantages: We have had versions 9.0 since December and we really like it. I was part of the team to implement the product and found it really easy. Now that we have been working on it for 4 months I can see all of the benefits offered.

Inconvénients: I don't like that there is no single tab to open an incident it's just a little thing but I am used to just clicking once to get to an blank incident

YMCA review from Information Systems

Publié le 05/05/2010
Judith S.
Sr. Director of Information Systems
Support client

Commentaires: Overall, one of the best help desk systems I've worked with.

Avantages: Fairly intuitive and easy to customize views. Good automation options for workflow notifications.

Inconvénients: Some options seems global to company, maybe not to different departments. Thinking mostly around notification options. Most reports are too basic and not useful, some are good. Would be great to be able to manipulate existing reports as save as copies without having to purchase advanced reporting tools.

Great Product!

Pamela A.
Domino Administrator
Support client

Commentaires: A good product especially for smaller companies that don't want the overhead of some of the larger products.

Avantages: We've been using it since c.Support 2003. It was easy to get setup and the training experience was well done. It's easy to use. Upgrading has been quick and easy. Any time we've required technical support, I've found the support team knowledgeable and friendly, and quick to respond.

Inconvénients: The asset management component hasn't really worked for us.

I support9

Eric G.
Service Desk Manager
Support client

Commentaires: Isupport as whole is a great product for a small to medium size business. It has the functionality of some of the larger products without the huge implentation strategy. It has worked great for us and I would recommend for anyone that needs a easy to setup feature rich product.

Avantages: easy to upgrade
new charts and gauges
multiple email addresses

Inconvénients: Needs more reporting around surveys
Need to be able to mass upload catagories by spreadsheet.
need to be able to customize portal more

Great product A+

Mike R.
Helpdesk Manager
Support client

Commentaires: The application is fully customizable to fit your business needs. The product consistently gets better and better with each release and the customer support is outstanding.

Overall: Great product A+

Avantages: c.Support (now known as iSupport) has played a vital role in our day to day operation within our IT department through its incident and problem management, workflows, asset and software tracking, and approval cycles.

Inconvénients: None at this time

Full of great features and great support

Anne K.
Systems Administrator
Support client

Commentaires: Go get it. It's a great product. (No, I don't work there!)

Avantages: Full featured, including helpdesk, change, assets. Uses LDAP to connect to our Active Directory. Extendable and fully customizable. The customer support from GWI is some of the best I've ever come across... they are fast to respond and very knowledgable. Price is reasonable especially considering the features.

Inconvénients: Can't think of any Really.