15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur Symantec Endpoint Security

En savoir plus sur Symantec Endpoint Security

Logiciel basé sur le cloud qui permet aux entreprises de protéger les environnements physiques et virtuels contre les virus et les logiciels malveillants de masse.

En savoir plus sur Symantec Endpoint Security

Ability to create groupings and assign each group their own individual protection scheme. Ease of localized and remote deployment with active directory integration.

It had the worst update "additional" app which worked for about 20% of time. It is heavy on resources.

Symantec Endpoint Security - Notes

Symantec Endpoint Security a reçu une note globale de 4,4 étoiles sur 5 d'après 547 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Symantec Endpoint Security ?

Anshuman
Anshuman
Security Engineer
Vente au détail, 10 000+ employés

Well integrated endpoint protection software

Sous-titres en français disponibles pour la vidéo
Idaly
Idaly
Project Manager (É.-U.)
Semi-conducteurs, 10 000+ employés

Threats outside our system with the help of Symantec Endpoint Security.

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : It is a protection system with very broad capabilities, it protects us from ransomware, phishing and different types of viruses, monitoring is constant and automated, detections are accurate and with detailed reports, we benefit daily from Symantec Endpoint Security by keeping our information protected of cyber attacks.

It is a system that we use both in the cloud and in our facilities, so that we have a better use of the protection, I really like the user interface, the customization functions allow us to adapt it to our needs, the protection is very good, the monitoring it is effective, because against any threat Symantec Endpoint Security does not immediately protect itself.

During these years of using Symantec Endpoint Security we have not had any problems, at first we only had doubts, but they were resolved by the technical support team and some colleagues who had previous experience with this software.

Services et technologies de l'information, 10 000+ employés

Symantec is one of the toughest antivirus software's out there

Commentaires : I must say that this is by far one of the greatest enemies of Support and in case you want to be sure that something won't be changed in any possible way ( Firewall, incoming connections from some PC in general or files copied ), make sure to get Symantec as you won't be disappointed while using it even a little bit and I can sign this as an agent who is working with it for a couple years so far.

This antivirus is so good, that it looks like an impossible obstacles sometimes on my work, as I keep encountering it daily while working on some of my Customers. It is easy to deploy, password protected ( if you are trying to uninstall it or stop it, you can't do it without password ) and provides user protection from almost anything, especially as it integrates and utilizes Windows Firewall and Virus Protection on Windows 10 for instance, to provide impenetrable wall for any attack.

I can say that sometimes I don't like how tough this one is, as it is my daily job to make my software work fine with Symantec, but if Customer Administrator is not online, I am unable to do anything. That's why I would recommend it to everyone out there, as I am battling it for a couple years so far and I know how good it is.

Reagan
Cybersecurity and IT Support Specialist (É.-U.)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 201–500 employés

Safer digital experience and exploring essential routes

4,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Best threat intelligence network. It is worth trying.

Being able to realize legitimate account names on the system and avoid malicious activities is a major step. The protection technology in place is diverse and trustworthy. Very unique and user friendly too.

Does not have Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) which is a drawback. It comes at a cost.

Chaucer
Chaucer
Accounting Manager (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 2–10 employés

Use to be fantastic. But that was then. My, how things have changed.

Commentaires : For quite a few years I had Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) deployed across servers and workstations in multiple offices. At the time, I found it to offer the best balance of effectiveness and efficiency. Customers support was prompt and professional, and even after I fled the IT profession to preserve my sanity I kept SEP running on my own home computers. All was well until I upgraded to version 14, at which point everything pretty much went to hell. Experiences that I have had with the new version of SEP: • Total system lockups during every comprehensive system scan. The only way for me to get through a scan was to limit the scans to known file types.
• The SEP client grabbing every available CPU core without warning, even when there are no scans or updates scheduled.
• Technical support whose philosophy is apparently "Make the customer suffer enough and they will never complain again."
I spent a least than eight hours doing the bidding of the Symantec's support folks, but when it became apparent that they couldn't solve the problem I tried to close the support case as "problem not solved". At which point they made it clear that they intended to keep me jumping through hoops indefinitely. I finally told them that their constant stream of emails demanding yet more logfiles constituted harassment, and I blocked them at my email gateway for extra protection. Great job, folks. Now, I use Sophos.

Incredibly granular control of each security component, customizable to suit a broad range of business environments. IF you can get it to run, you get an amazing amount of control over the security policies in place for different types of machines and different offices within your business.

A tech support team trained in the dungeons of Mordor by the Dark Lord himself. Oh, and about SEP v14 bringing my system to it's knees: I'm sure that some of your customers love that, but I'll pass.

Wayne
Systems Analyst (É.-U.)
Logiciels, 2–10 employés

Symantec End-Point Security

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : We were very satisfied with it once it was moved to a cloud based offering as opposed to an on-site server base. But once purchased by Broadcom, the changes in how it had to be renewed thru a reseller and the growing complexity of it, forced us to switch.

Highly Configurable, thus allowing rules to be added for exceptions or exclusions to programs that we needed to trust.

Became extremely complex and harder to renew once purchased by Broadcom several years back.

Informatique et sécurité réseau, 10 000+ employés

It is one of most trusted software for Endpoint Security

Commentaires : Overall, I had great experience using it, and have not noticed any glitches while using it. It does really stop the threats and keep the endpoint device safe.

It is simply doing its job on the backend, stopping the threads without user noticing it. If users have clicked on malicious url, software link, it kicks in and stop the threat from happening, which gives confidence to user, as human mistakes are possible. Symantec Endpoint Security secures the environment when threat already passed multiple Security appliances such as next gen firewall, IDS, IPS so it is one of the most critical parts of the Security and there Symantec Endpoint does its job really well.

Sometimes when it is doing its job, stopping the malicious script, it also stops the genuine software, which really does not give the great user experience.

Sara
Engineer (Italie)
Services et technologies de l'information, 2–10 employés

A good product to consider

4,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : A good program to keep your computer protected, it does not slow the performance and seems to be more compatible with older systems than other brands. You can schedule the scans, and thethe various options about protection; suggest to lock the settings (the user cannot change them).

I install and use Symantec Endpoint Security on those computers that become too slow or start crashing when I install other antivirus brands. In fact i have to say that Symantec Endpoint Security does not slow your computer while protecting it and scanning for threats. The interface may look a bit old but it has all the features required, plus it is easy to manage. I use it both on servers and clients.

Scanning task keep on "amassing" on my desktop, they don't close automatically

Matt
Matt
IT Systems Supervisor (É.-U.)
Logistique et chaîne d'approvisionnement, 1 001–5 000 employés

Symantec Endpoint Security gets the job done

Commentaires : This was a good solution and is a good solution for any organization, but for us we determined that we wanted a single provider for as much of our security suite as possible.

We needed something better than Windows Defender and Symantec offers centralized management, and reporting among other things. It worked well, but isn't perfect.

Symantec products are generally well put together, but it did not integrate well with our Cisco security suite and so we went with Cisco's solution after some time due to the lack of centralized management from a single console.

troy
closer (É.-U.)
Banque, 51–200 employés

Good Security

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : Overall easy to use and the interfence is like butter its very smooth.

Easy to use very good mobile options and does what is says it does. Protects

Not very strong at reporting and I swear I feel like my computer gets laggy

Sonu
Sonu
Operational Manager (Inde)
Banque, 10 000+ employés

Antivirus for systems

Commentaires : In a organisation spreading of virus and threat spreading is common issue. In order to protect from such incidents protection is being used.

As it is implemented on a centralized server, Pushing update is easy. We can monitor the healthiness of each endpoints that is every system. If one threat is detected it can be analysed and stooped.

It also detects some files which doesn't contain any virus and are not threat to system.

Dale
Network Admin (É.-U.)
Entreposage, 51–200 employés

3 years in, saved us multiple times with only the occasional hiccup.

Commentaires : The cloud console has a pretty iffy layout that can be a bit cumbersome at times. It is mostly annoying when you first start with it. However once you get past the initial setup and build your profiles, it is easy to use it going forward. You deploy it to the user, then chose their profile group, chose if they need file and printer sharing, you can lock down USB, and other nice features. In general its been a great experience outside of a few little things.

Easy to deploy once you have it all set up. It allows a decent amount of configuration and profiles can be set based on the individual users needs. It is also pretty much set and forget 95% of the time. The cloud console will tell if their are any specific users with issues and let you know about threats that have been detected and on what machine it happened on. All good stuff.

The cloud component is a separate installation form the actual AV client(according to windows). If the installation fails for any reason you have to get the Symantec removal tool and run that prior to reinstalling the software, otherwise you end up with the cloud component being fixed and the AV component still broken. This can get time consuming and will require multiple reboots which is not fun on a server you need up and running. It is also prone to nagging about rebooting prior to installation, so sometimes you have to get 3-4 reboots in to get it workings. This is rare but does happen.

Kory
Systems Administrator (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 51–200 employés

Anti-Virus Software That Does Its Job!

Commentaires : Antivirus / Malware protection, and endpoint firewall protection.

For an Anti-Virus / Firewall software, it is pretty quiet, meaning that it doesn't pop up all of the time with warnings and alerts, like other programs do. We are using the cloud version of the product, and it seems to work very well, we have email notifications setup, and we will get an email if it blocks something, or someone tries to run a program that it thinks is sketchy, or tries to access a website with some known issues, but otherwise, you install it, and it does its job. I do like the ability that I can sort of customize the install package for mass deployment (we use it with SCCM and its flawless), it will allow me to pick the group of computers that I want the laptop or desktop to belong to and I push that package during our SCCM task sequence, and after that I don't have to login to the symantec portal to move it, or manage it since my policies are already established.

I think the online interface is a bit cumbersome. I think that from the firewall perspective it seems a bit difficult to make it do what you want it to do, and unfortunately, their support is not incredibly helpful in this regard, at least in my previous experience. My biggest complaint is that if I reimage a computer, and re-use the same name, it makes a duplicate entry / assigns another license until I go out to the symantec portal and delete the previous record.

Beecher
Owner (É.-U.)
Services d'information, Auto-entrepreneur

Very good anti-virus protection, but system integration can cause problems

Commentaires : Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good at what it does. It can overreach at times, in my opinion, but it stops viruses and malware on every system I've used it on.

Extremely good and reliable antivirus software. Symantec, in my experience will protect your endpoints from the large majority of threats in the wild. I haven't had a threat make it past the AV client.

Endpoint protection includes network driver integration that can affect how Windows works. I've experience several problems in the past where updates to the Endpoint Protection gets updated and the network connectivity is cutoff. The client must then be completely removed and reinstalled to regain connection to the network.

Matthew
Senior UX Designer (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 51–200 employés

Protection from all cyber swashbucklers is ensured

4,0 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : Taking action in an environment where there are latent dangers of viruses every day, we have implemented Symantec, which gives us a fantastic, practical and efficient way of keeping things in order. Modulation and maximum security of networks, files and projects have been ensured due to this tool. It protects hardware and software, making it an excellent choice for maximum performance.

Symantec performs well enough to qualify it as excellent software, so I'm happy to report that it's great for everyday use and facilitates fast performance and deployment. I like it because all my network and files are secure. It has met our expectations and provides unique implementation and deployment. Ensuring the security of our network is crucial, and I'm glad that Webroot helps me keep them safe.

To perform a single action, I have to navigate through multiple subsets, which could be more efficient.

Jesse
Systems Administrator (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 51–200 employés

Works great, but support can be lacking.

Commentaires : When it works, it works great. When it doesn't work, it's usually not hard to fix. But you're not going to get a lot of help from their customer support. We have used it to provide protection among a large volume of machines and none of them have had issues with viruses while using this product.

This product was easy to implement throughout our company and has been working great since implementation. It send us alerts when certain events are triggered such as a user visiting a malicious site. It does a good job of keeping itself up to date and has a nice console for administrators to use and get a top-down view on how the endpoints are doing.

We have run into issues with getting licenses renewed to the point where they have expired, potentially leaving a few systems vulnerable. Customer support takes a very long time to reach and after I did reach them, they provided me with incorrect information that did not help resolve my issue. I only gave them 2 stars as opposed to 1 star because at least the customer support exists, even if it isn't the best.

Sudhir
CASS Lead (Inde)
Services financiers, 10 000+ employés

An end to end security system

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Symantec endpoint security provides a comprehensive control over your applications and systems. It acts as a final layer of control which prevents your systems from cyber attacks and helps you keep your sensitive data protected. It not only detects threats on a real time basis but also provides a preventative control around the issues.

Symantec endpoint security like the name suggests is the final layer of security which secures our applications and business systems. My personal best feature is it's two factor authentication which secures my access on cloud with an approval from my registered mobile device. So, even if someone tries to break into my cloud server, it will not be possible for them to access because of this two factor authentication.

One of the areas where I personally struggled is setting it up in my mobile for the first time. I had to literally reach out to my IT desk and have them fixed before I could start using the tool in my cell phone.

Anthony
Anthony
Software Engineer (É.-U.)
Biens de consommation, 501–1 000 employés

Robust and advanced endpoint protection

Commentaires : Symantec Endpoint Security is a powerful endpoint protection platform that offers optimal features to ensure a high level of protection and a productive workspace.

It has the ability to protect different endpoints such as laptops, desktops and cell phones, used by employees in the office or remotely. It has proven very effective in stopping advanced attacks. Its intelligence network model has the effectiveness to neutralize and prevent attacks before they start. Online support responds in a timely manner.

This is a very advanced platform in detecting attacks, but it consumes a lot of computing resources.

Lana
Safety Director (É.-U.)
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 11–50 employés

Gone Downhill

3,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : Once purchased by Broadcom, everything went south. I used Symantec Endpoint Security prior to Broadcom and was able to understand it and get done what I needed to using their interface. Once Broadcom took over I couldn't even log in to my portal. Then I found out that it wasn't even activated on our server or other computers. Their customer service made me wait on hold no less than one hour each and every time I called. Then once I got through they would send me to several different people and I never really got any issues resolved.

I never liked Symantec once it was purchased by Broadcom. Once that happened, everything changed and time after time I was unable to login to my account. Support was the worst. Nothing was clear at all.

Broadcom did not care about end users of small businesses.

Dustin
Dustin
Information Technology Administrator (É.-U.)
Recherche, 11–50 employés

Please with Symantec Endpoint Protection

Commentaires : Great product. Easy to implement, use and manage. Easy to scale down or up depending on how many devices you have.

My organization has been using Symantec Endpoint Protection for over 5 years. This software is easy to use and distribute. The centralized admin interface makes it easy to add new devices and see an overall security overview of my organization's assets. The custom policies allow for me to make modifications on specific machines and not effect all the others. I do this to allow exceptions on several of our machines that need it in order to perform their function.

It isn't easy to temporarily disable for troubleshooting purposes. I need to temporarily disable Symantec so I could download a piece of software it was conflicting with. Had to look up how to do this and it was a multi step process. On the bright side the documentation of how to do it was easy to find and go through.

Alisha
Alisha
Brand Marketing Manager (É.-U.)
Pétrole et énergies, 51–200 employés

It allows us to protect all our endpoint devices.

Commentaires : Symantec is deployed throughout our company, it allows us to protect all our endpoint devices by preventing infections from Trojans, ramsonware and malware, it is very effective and allows us to maintain strict control of how the devices are used through a control panel and a security administrator who decides which devices can enter the network that devices do not, this includes USB sticks and any other type of external device.

It seems to me that it is a very effective software in what our company needs, we have to take care of data and infrastructure that is expensive, it helps to keep all the systems clean and have a control of compliance with computer security policies, it is easy to use and allows to schedule scans so as not to interfere with regular work.

I have no complaints, we have used this antivirus for years and are very satisfied with its performance.

Jorge
IT Manager (Mexique)
Automobile, 201–500 employés

Symantec Endpoint

Commentaires : i do like the software but it is very complex to configure especially the firewall, it not as cheap as other that offers the same thing

one of the pioners on the market, very good software it has a lot of features, one of the most complete solutions for protecting your computer / data

the firewall it is not easy to configure, it practically block everything on your network / computer, it took a long time to setup correctly

Mohit
Senior Assistant ERP (Inde)
Agriculture, 1 001–5 000 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

All purpose security product for PCs

Commentaires : Overall Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good product and its cost effective.

Symantec Endpoint Protection is one point solution for providing security from Malware, Viruses, Network Intrusions and most important for IT hardware (Including Computers and Server), it prevents ransomware attacks. firewall is sturdy and really easy to manage, Central console for managing systems and updates and most important it is not taxing on Computer resources. We are using to manage handful of Computers really effectively.

From view of protecting clients there are absolutely no issues/cons. Only thing plague this software which i feel is up-gradation process i.e. from lower to higher version, there are strict protocols to be followed for successful implementation (Updates).

Joey
Director of Information Technology (É.-U.)
Immobilier, 501–1 000 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Symantec is here to stay and a game changer

Commentaires : We've been using Symantec since it was still called Symantec Anti-Virus and it has come a long way since. However, like any sound strategy, one should never rely solely on one product for protection. It should always be supplemented with an end-point gateway protection AND education of the weakest link: The human firewall.

The product is much lighter on resources. It is accurate and very rarely has false-positives. It is easy to configure and automatically updates itself in random intervals.

Symantec End Point Protection can border on the paranoid. Every time an aspect is updated (whether an executable or otherwise), Symantec always prompts you if "you want <the Product> to access the network?" If you answer NO accidentally, then critical systems could be affected.in random intervals further freeing up resources.

Mohammed
System Administrator (Émirats arabes unis)
Équipements publics, 11–50 employés

Symantec Endpoint protection review

Commentaires : Overall it is good, but needs more improvement to protect all 365 degree for the endpoints.

Easy and simply to use, protect from most of the viruses, updates daily schedule patches antivirus signatures we have been using it since last 1.5 years

i would require separate antimalware software long side symantec. to protect my end users form malwares. because it was not protecting against most of the dangerous malware.

ILKER
ENGINEER (Turquie)
Automobile, 10 000+ employés

1ST BRAND OF COMPUTER PROTECTION

Commentaires : it is very good and detect every virus or threats ,it does not request too much update, we had some difficulties with the previous one and it has been requesting too much update and it is boring if you have urgent something to do. Getting Update is important for virus protection programs because hackers produce viruses continously

The updates comes frequently so the Symantec protection is keeping the latest and updated version of virus so I feel more comfortable when I enter untrusted web sites.

The program makes my computer a little bit slower ,this is the worst thing for symantec endpoint protection because I could compare the with installed symantec and without installation.I felt the computer is a little bit faster without symantec