Avis clients sur Upper Hand

par Upper Hand

• Service client

En savoir plus sur Upper Hand

Simplifie la gestion d'entreprises sportives, en fournissant des outils marketing de pointe avec des logiciels et des prix personnalisés.

En savoir plus sur Upper Hand

64 avis affichés

Jiselle P.
Executive Director
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés

"So convenient!"

Commentaires: The entire process has been easy from the initial request for information, to setting up our programs and events. Would definitely recommend their software!

Avantages: Being a non-profit that is focused on many aspects, this software helps me in each one. The many programs we run, employee tracking, and in the near future, facility management. You aren't really limited to what you can do with this software. If it isn’t something they currently do, they are open to any and all ideas to make it even more user friendly. Whatever makes it easier for us!

Inconvénients: The only downside is some of the small things that we aren’t able to customize ourselves, as far as special questions in the account creation process. Since they are always updating and coming up with ideas, I’m sure it will happen soon.

envoyé par Upper Hand le 06/02/2020

Hi there Jiselle,

We appreciate the kind words! We're thrilled to hear that Upper Hand has worked out for you and has helped manage your programs and staff. It's always humbling to hear how we're able to make our customers' lives easier.

We're also happy that you have found the software very customizable and flexible - that is music to our ears! We put a lot of work into hearing our customers' feedback, so we're glad to hear it's serving its purpose and helping you out.

Have a great day, and thanks for the review!

Rob S.

"UpperHand review"

Commentaires: Customer support is fine. No complaints.

Avantages: Saves me time scheduling sessions. Saves me time processing payments.

Inconvénients: The way our sessions are set-up makes it a bit difficult to customize the software events and scheduling. I spend a lot of time helping our clients work with the app. My coaches don't like the calendar view. It would be great if there was a client facing calendar of our events prior to client purchase. There are limitations on the scheduling side.

Brett L.
Ceo
Sports
  • Publié le 19/05/2017

" Frustrating "

Avantages: I like the concept of what they are trying to do. I really believe there's a need for it and was sold from the beginning from the sales and marketing team who told me everything or software could do. Also their customer service is very good, they have a support team that gets back to you quickly which is always great, but I think they are overwhelmed.

Inconvénients: I'm really not one to complain, but this experience has been very frustrating. Like trying to hang onto a greased pig. Especially trying to get to the root of the problem-- it's really difficult to do and feels like you have to fight to get real answers. For every camp or clinic we post, there seems to be some bug that customers can't figure out. And I can't help but feel that the upper hand team is blaming that on the customer or on us rather than taking steps to eliminate recurring confusion. I feel like to the upper hand team, any issues are no big deal as their development team is working to fix them.. but those issues end up being hours and hours for me having to bring those customers back around and get them manually signed up. Additionally, when I was sold on the program, they showed me functionality that would be useful in facets more than just camp sign-ups. Lesson sign-ups, memberships, crm And some others. Just having those would have made the software pay for itself by canceling other software's. However, once we started, we found that those other functionalities did not have the features we needed to be able to use them. I think the software has tons of potential and could be very useful, but I think it needs another one or two years of development with close customer feedback. I don't think it's worth it to pay for it as it is now, I think there are better options. Just my two cents, happy to discuss my experience

envoyé par Upper Hand le 24/05/2018

Thanks for your review Brett and we are sorry about your experience using Upper Hand. You definitely hit some bugs as we transitioned into a new interface, and we'd love to show you the new platform after implementing your feedback.

• Publié le 19/05/2017
Donny M.
  • Publié le 06/02/2020

"Thanks UH"

Commentaires: Excellent, super easy to easy and intuitive..great people at UH

Avantages: Ease of use, great customer service, easy for customers and super Intuitive.

Inconvénients: Functionality could be boosted for our industry, a few work around a here and there.

envoyé par Upper Hand le 10/02/2020

Hey Donny!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We're thrilled to hear that you appreciate the customer service and find it easy for your customers to use.

However, we're sorry to hear that the functionality could be boosted for your industry, and we'd like to learn more about the specifics that could be improved for your use case(s)!

I've shared for your feedback with our team and they will be reaching out in hopes of scheduling a product feedback call.

Thank you again for your candid feedback and have a great day!

• Publié le 06/02/2020
Chris M.
  • Publié le 07/02/2020

"Great Support, Developing Product"

Commentaires: We have a facility with multiple zones, with different thigns going on in them depending on the day , and even hour. The software helps us keep everything staffed, organized, and paid.

Avantages: We like how easily we can add and change things and how it tailors well to our use case. The team is also very responsive and the software continues to improve.

Inconvénients: Reporting needs to be stronger and more actionable.

Sean S.
Team Member
  • Publié le 10/02/2020

"Great Opening Experience "

Commentaires: We've really enjoyed the experience with Upper Hand's staff and software. Every interaction has been friendly, engaging, informational, professional, and super helpful. We can't compliment the staff we've worked with enough, as they have been instrumental in making us feel comfortable about our decision to use their software, as well as their services. Very happy we made this decision!

Avantages: We are loving the features and potential of the Upper Hand software! As we get our business off the ground it has been great exploring the various features, and we are excited about the customer experience we'll be able to provide thanks to the software's ease of use!

Inconvénients: Honestly, nothing at this point. We are still learning more and more as we develop our programs but for every question relating to our programs, Upper Hand has been up to the task.

envoyé par Upper Hand le 10/03/2020

Hi Sean,

Thank you so much for the review, specifically the comments on the customer experience and positive interactions with our team!! We look forward to the future of our partnership!

Tina H.
CEO/Owner
Sports, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 10/02/2020

"Buck Fastpitch Academy Review of Upper Hands Sports Software "

Commentaires: Overall, we have been extremely happy with our customer service experience with Upper Hand. They are great to work with, and are always so quick to answer questions or fix software bugs. I don't know how I would have grown my business success without the Upper Hand software and their team!

Avantages: I love the camp/clinic registration feature, as it significantly helps reduce time I spend processing registrations and payments. Additionally, I love the messaging feature, as it allows me to send mass marketing e-mails and messages to our entire team of athletes, parents and coaches. Lastly, I love that I am able to access Upper Hand through the mobile app, as I am always on the go and often need to be able to schedule or process a payment when I am away from my computer.

Inconvénients: The software is sometimes not very intuitive for the client. I often have clients contact me, because they are struggling with the scheduling feature, as they are not able to easily access their lessons credits or past scheduled lessons. It would be great if they would be able to view all past and upcoming events, as well as their total number of remaining event credits on their dashboard after signing into the mobile app. And while I love the messaging feature on the app, I wish it was better visually designed and would allow you insert graphics and change font size and style. Lastly, while I was thrilled with the latest upgrade that sends out automated reminders, I was bummed that this is only offered to those who upgrade their accounts to the next level. When I first purchased the Upper Hand software, this was one of the initial features included in the membership. I would love to see this feature included for all membership types.

envoyé par Upper Hand le 06/03/2020

Hi Tina,

Thanks for taking the time to write a great review! We're happy to hear that Upper Hand helps you reduce time with admin tasks and that the messaging and mobile app have been helpful.

Christopher H.
Sports, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 03/03/2020

"Great Value"

Commentaires: We have been a user since the beginning of when Upper Hand created their software. I have been able to grow my personal business along with the growth of Upper Hand. They have always listened to user ideas and have implemented many of our suggestions. They've been a great fit for our company.

Avantages: Pretty easy to use. Reporting. Ease to duplicate events. Great customer service

Inconvénients: Edit-ability of pricing and what is shown when a buyer gets a marketing email. Offer a check box system at check out.

envoyé par Upper Hand le 06/03/2020

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the kind words!

We're thrilled to hear that Upper Hand has been apart of your growth at STFA over the years - it's been great growing with you! Thanks for all of your feedback over the years and helping us continually improve.

Thanks again for taking the time to write up this review!

• Publié le 03/03/2020
Ashleigh S.
  • Publié le 08/02/2020

"Great Software for Small Business"

Commentaires: Overall UpperHand has done it’s best to provide a great service and cater to my company’s specific needs

Avantages: - Customer support is unmatched
- Account manager very helpful and communicative
- Love the features

Inconvénients: - Features are sometimes hard to figure how to use on own

envoyé par Upper Hand le 10/03/2020

Hi Ashleigh,

Thanks so much for the kind words! We are thrilled to hear about your experience with support and your account manager.

• Publié le 08/02/2020
Jameson K.
Founder & Owner
Formation professionnelle et coaching, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 22/01/2020

"Great start and potential"

Commentaires: It has certainly given my coaches more independence to function on their own and manage their own sessions. I have needed to send out fewer reminders and be the "middle man" much less.

Avantages: I like that it is automated and allows for me to focus more time on delivering my services rather than registering and recording participants

Inconvénients: I would like the communication to clients to be more customization and I would like my clients to have an easier time navigating the software. I receive a lot of "please help" emails for relatively simple and common things. (like signing up for a session or unscheduling a session).

Hi Jameson,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with Upper Hand! We are glad to hear that using Upper Hand has allowed you to focus more on delivering services to your clients and less on admin work! That is our entire mission!

Also, thank you for sharing feedback on communication. Our most recent updates were focused around improving the communication with new event reminders and we have much more coming! Plan on hearing from us soon to schedule a call to review these features and get your feedback.

Thank you again and have a great day!

• Publié le 22/01/2020
Myles C.
General Manager
Formation professionnelle et coaching, 13-50 employés

"Feedback"

Commentaires: UpperHand support has been outstanding. We are new to the system, but any questions we have had are quickly and easily answered by the support system here. I like that, even though we are new, I feel like we will get answers quickly to help us operate efficiently and provide that quality care to our customers.

Avantages: I like that the software allows for us to schedule and book lessons, rentals, and more with ease. It is nice that the calendar view helps us see and access sessions directly from that same view.

Inconvénients: It is frustrating with the payment set up. It is difficult that the way a session is booked also completely dictates how payment is done. For example, if someone wants to schedule say 8 weeks of lessons. If we book it one by one, as 8 individual sessions, payment is set up as 8 individual payments. So they come in and say, "Oh I'm paying for all of this at once". We then have to physically go in to each event and pay those out individually. That is annoying and time consuming, but that is the less cumbersome of the outcomes.
In the other way, lets say we book someone for 8 sessions and set it up as 8 sessions in the system. Then the client comes in and says "I'd like to just pay for tonight". We can't even do that. We would have to delete the entire event and re book it as individual sessions because the payment would be set up where it wants the entire session paid for all at once. It would be awesome if we could just pay for what they want and the event would mark it as such. Something where we click what is being paid for and the system holds the balance or lets us know what is still unpaid or needs to be paid would help a lot.

envoyé par Upper Hand le 17/03/2020

Hi Myles,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review! In addition to your positive experience with support, we are happy to hear that Upper Hand has allowed you to book lessons and rentals with ease, and that you've had a great experience with the calendar!

We also appreciate your feedback on the various use cases regarding client payment. This is something our team is actively working on, in addition to a few other exciting payment-related enhancements. If you have more feedback, please let your point of contact know and they'll be happy to schedule a time and provide an update on the timeline of these features.

Thanks again for the review! Have a great day.

Peter D.

"Upper hand Review"

Commentaires: Overall I have had a very good experience with upper hand their customer service support is extremely efficient

Avantages: Overall a very good product reasonably priced and very good customer service

Inconvénients: I think the software overall is very good with constant upgrades

envoyé par Upper Hand le 11/02/2020

Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

We're thrilled to hear your positive feedback about our product, customer support, and constant upgrades. We put a lot of work into those areas, so we're glad to hear it's serving the purpose!

Josh G.
Partner; Director of Business Operations
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 30/01/2020

"Industry Value Where Its Needed Most"

Commentaires: Our move to Upper Hand has been very good, overall. We're spending less money for better functionality with their software. They're on an upward trajectory and have continued to come out with new iterations and functions that improve the user experience (both our staff and our clients).

Avantages: The customer service. No software or platform is going to be a perfect match for what your company needs. Where Upper Hand has been most beneficial to DST is through their partnership with me and my team. Whenever something has been confusing, deficient, or lackluster from our perspective, their team has made every effort to fix, communicate, and better their software to tailor it to our specific needs.

Inconvénients: Any time you switch software or learn a new platform, there is going to be a learning curve. It was no different with Upper Hand. There have been some frustrations getting everyone on the team educated and up to speed with the platform and functions, but nothing that wouldn't be expected.

Hi Josh,

WOW! Thank you for taking the time to write up such a positive review. Hearing how Upper Hand has helped DST and about your positive experience is what we thrive to accomplish!!

We look forward to our continued partnership with you and your team!!

Shanel E.
  • Publié le 21/01/2020

"Upper Hand for facility owners"

Commentaires: The pricing is steep in comparison to the features.

Avantages: I love the ease of setting up programs and clinics. The software is great for creating clinics with easy to understand prompts.

Inconvénients: The software features are not robust enough to manage a facility. The reporting function lacks features to easily capture daily sales. The mobile reports feature doesn't exist. The software is great for clinics but cumbersome for recurring classes and front desk check in.

Chris Z.
  • Publié le 31/10/2016

"Their support is 2nd to none!"

Commentaires: When I was in the process of considering software programs to power our indoor facility's lesson scheduling I reviewed three different companies. After considering the functionality and going through the original online meeting with the personnel from upper hand it was quite clear to me which would best serve my needs. At the time, I didn't even know how good their support network was but having called upon that several times I can attest that it would have been the number one reason for choosing upper hand.

Avantages: Their customer support is beyond what you can expect. I reached out to Mike service representative on a Sunday evening recently and she helped me work through an issue that enabled me to find The names of kids on teams in a hitting league. I cannot believe she answered my question on a Sunday evening !!!

Inconvénients: It can be a little bit cumbersome for the first time user but once the customers become accustomed to the software and the app, then the problem goes away.

envoyé par Upper Hand le 24/05/2018

Thanks for the review Chris!

• Publié le 31/10/2016
Matt P.
Director of Operations/Lead Hitting Instructor
  • Publié le 25/01/2018

"Tons of potential. Powerful software for what you pay. Needs some tweaking in areas on admin side. "

Avantages: The ability to create events and set a schedule is great. Inviting new clients is easy and from my customer feedback it sounds like registering is a pretty easy process.

Inconvénients: On the admin side there tends to be some areas that take a few too many steps to complete a process. Whether it's changing details in an event, or simply trying to see who is registered for event, it tends to be a much longer process than it should be to retrieve or adjust the information. A quick pull up on the calendar of who the attendee(s) are for an event would be nice. The process to find that information now is quite time consuming and can be frustrating.
There's seems to be bugs in random stuff you do. Having events randomly not show up in the calendar can be frustrating. Double booking has never been an issue as the system still reflects the proper availability for an instructor, but on the admin side, I need to see the schedule in full detail.

envoyé par Upper Hand le 17/03/2018

Thanks for the feedback, Matt! Since you posted this review, we have solved most of the issues that you have listed! Below are the updates:

1. Easy attendee view from the calendar
2. Simple event check-in drawer
3. Weekly calendar view and customizable calendar columns
4. Ability to "clone" events so that you can easily duplicate/edit existing events

We're always working to address bugs as well, so with more specifics on that, we can certainly get them cleaned up. Thanks again for the feedback!

• Publié le 25/01/2018
Brandon H.
Athletic Trainer
  • Publié le 04/02/2020

"Regretting Leaving MindBody "

Avantages: The ability to create a unique platform specific to our business needs. Merchant fee for credit card transactions is favorable as well.

Inconvénients: At our business we are constantly booking clients. We have a mix of repeat and new customers but for the most part we know when we’re seeing clients and classes. The fact that we still cannot make recurring events possible is ridiculous. I should not have to time out of each day to book a client, whom I have had at the same time and date for over 6 months, over and over again. It’s been promised for Q1 for 2020 but that was after Q3 and Q4 of 2019 fell through so we will see. The mobile app continues to either crash or run extremely slow regardless of cell service or WiFi connectivity. Its a coin flip whether I’ll be able to complete a purchase or book an event with out the window dropping. The desktop version is better but we’re not in front desk all day. Functionality seems so circuitous to perform simple tasks like deleting or rescheduling events. I have to find the three vertical dots on one side of the screen then the window populates on the other side to do quick pay or reschedule. If I want to delete I have to search for the specific client rather than doing it through the calendar view where I can actually see the event I’m deleting/rescheduling in the context of my day. In order to reschedule I have click view session then find three vert dots. View event doesn’t seem to do anything. Now imagine trying to train employees who don’t have the knowledge of this platform on how to use this.

James C.

"Sogility UH "

Commentaires: I’m happy with the willingness to take constructive feedback.

Avantages: The features that I like most are the ability to create needed events & the new features to switch users or trainers.

Inconvénients: Scheduling view for the clients. Ability to obtain needed data.

Mackenzie A.

"MacRoc Soccer Review"

Commentaires: Overall it is great if we can diminish/decrease the occurrences of glitches/issues within the software.

Avantages: Honestly, I do not know where my business would be without UpperHand. It has been such an asset when organizing our clients, calendars, reports ect.

Inconvénients: Quite too often, the software has glitches and errors that keep us from conducting business at the times we would like to. In time, they are always fixed, but it does put a dent in what we do from the admin side as well as the cliental side and it is quite frustrating.

Hi Mackenzie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We're ecstatic to hear that you don't know where MacRoc would be without our software!!

Here at Upper Hand, we are committed to providing the best client experience. We are aware of some of the glitches you've experienced and are glad we've been able to rectify them quickly. Our Engineers are committed to reducing any product instability to eliminate this moving forward.

Thank you again for the review and have a great day!

Sarah A.
Director of Operations
  • Publié le 29/01/2018

"Customer service is second to none. The Upperhand team is knowledgeable and always willing to help."

Avantages: As a small basketball organization, Upperhand software has provided a platform for our clients to register for our training online, as well as schedule their sessions and keep track of their payments. As a result, we have become more organized in tracking the payments we receive. We have also been able to build a database of clients and can streamline our communication with them through the software.

Inconvénients: As with any software, we as an organization have to monitor and update payment and scheduling information through the Upperhand system. For example, if an athlete forgets to schedule his/her training session, we have to go in and manually schedule it for them. Otherwise, their credit will not be deducted from their account.

envoyé par Upper Hand le 24/05/2018

Thank you for the review and your continued support, Sarah!

• Publié le 29/01/2018
John a P.
  • Publié le 05/02/2020

"Modern Goalkeeper LOVES UPPER HAND "

Commentaires: LOVE IT

Avantages: FUNCTIONALITY
EASE OF USE
CUSTOMER SERVICE

Inconvénients: SOME PARENTS HAVE TROUBLE USING IT, MAYBE MAKE IT EASIER TO USE

envoyé par Upper Hand le 11/02/2020

Hi John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

We're thrilled to hear your positive feedback about our product and customer service. It's been a pleasure working with you over the years!

• Publié le 05/02/2020
Brad E.
owner & president
Sports, 13-50 employés

"Great "

Commentaires: Scheduling is very easy to use in this software

Avantages: The software has improved tremendously, and is a great tool for a baseball & softball training facility. The software is easy to use, and very user friendly.

Inconvénients: The software needs to be tied to gift cards and the cash drawer. This is very important.
Need better reports too. Inventory management - making inventory adjustments - needs to be easier.

Jason S.
Asst GM
Sports, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 24/01/2020

"DBAT Chattanooga "

Commentaires: My overall experience has been the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered in the business world because of lack of training. You sent a person to train us who was here 4 days and did not even know about the DBAT hub with the tutorials and articles. I asked every day, is there not any written material or hand outs we can print off that explains this training and the answer was no! We were honestly trained on about 2% of the system and that was suspect as we have since found the way we were trained to put members in was incorrect and have had to redo all that were put in. We found the hub upper hand training tutorial by chance after the trainer was gone and have basically had to train ourselves on how to use the entire system and it has been extremely frustrating! There is not enough support staff to serve us as a user. When we have issues it is difficult to get a response from upperhand the same day and no phone support offered is awful as not everything can be handled by email 2-3 days later!

Avantages: The features that are available for all the services we provide.

Inconvénients: - Almost zero training for me and our staff.
- Minimal phone support when have issues from lack of training
- the calendar schedule events and the pos system does not talk to each other when paid from pos it doesn’t update calendar and shows unpaid even though was paid.
- if have to manually discount an event it still shows unpaid in calendar.

envoyé par Upper Hand le 06/02/2020

Jason,

First off, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're really sorry that the initial training didn't meet your expectations - clearly, we fell short, and we apologize.

We are working hard to right the ship with your frustrations, and hope that having our staff on site at your facility over the next two days will help gain back the trust of you and your staff.

The last thing we want to do is let our customers down, and moving forward, we're going to do everything in our power to hold ourselves to that standard. Thanks again for your feedback.

• Publié le 24/01/2020
Adron T.
Personal trainer
Santé, bien-être et fitness, Auto-entrepreneur

"Great Software "

Avantages: The software is easy to use and set up and my clients also love it.

Inconvénients: I don’t like that I can’t keep my filters the same in the event section

envoyé par Upper Hand le 12/02/2020

Hi Adron,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with Upper Hand! We are thrilled to hear that the software is easy to use and your clients love it.

We'd love to better understand your comment about event filters, and invite you to reach out to your support rep so they can help.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Andy B.
Owner/lead instructor

"Enjoyable experience!"

Commentaires: From sales, to implementation, to support overall, the experience has been pleasant.

Avantages: Accommodating, intuitive, artificial intelligence, customer centric

Inconvénients: No timeline given on expressed changes or upgrades to improve customer or user experience

envoyé par Upper Hand le 12/02/2020

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We're thrilled to hear that you appreciate the product and have had a pleasant experience!

Is there a specific feature you have not received a timeline on? If so, please let us know at support@getupperhand.com so we can assist!

Thank you again and have a great day!