Avis clients sur Knack

En savoir plus sur Knack

Cette solution permet à quiconque de créer des applications web simples et des bases de données en ligne.

En savoir plus sur Knack

Ease of use for people without IT/database creation backgrounds.

Knack - Notes

Knack a reçu une note globale de 4,4 étoiles sur 5 d'après 77 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Knack ?

josh
josh
Head of Sales and Marketing
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 51-200 employés

Makes building apps look easy!

5,0 il y a 4 mois
Sous-titres en français disponibles pour la vidéo
Adam
Adam
Managing Director (É.-U.)
Télécommunications, 11-50 employés

Sky is the Limit

Commentaires : Fantastic. We had worked to solve problems for no less than 24 months prior to our introduction to knack. From the time we started with knack we had a minimum viable internal product within 90 days and a customer facing web-portal (providing sales, project, and invoice detail) in 180 days. With knack we have have saved an immeasurable amount of time and resource.

Very simple to solve for Secure, HIPPA, PCI compliant user logins. Ability to pivot large data-set with simplified permission based views - no incremental expense for additional users / views / roles.

Support. Our reliance on knack is significant in pre-sale functions and as a result, when it breaks we have always defined the solution (or created the work-around) several days before a knack tech gets around to responding to our requests.

Bookkeeper (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés

Knack is very helpful

Commentaires : We use knack to store multiple sets of data. It is extremely helpful in tracking donations (and donors), restricted grants (and foundations/organizations who provide grants), and complex volunteer jobs for a non-profit. We are able to track and analyze all of this information through Knack. I especially like that we can attach documents to records in Knack so all of the information we need is right in one place. Also, being able to set up scheduled reminders is a lifesaver to ensure that we won't miss deadlines for important tasks.

I like that in Knack I can access all-inclusive data, and see it reported in a variety of ways. I can opt for simple summary reports, more complex detailed reports, or even colorful and pretty graphs. I can use a wide variety of parameters to create the report, and I can sort the included data in a variety of ways. I can also export data in different formats. Knack is extremely flexible for me. Full disclosure - I am a frequent Knack user, but I do not record data into Knack, nor do I set up the databases at all. That magic is all done by someone else, so I cannot comment on the administrator aspects of Knack.

Sometimes Knack will log me out while I am in the process of using it. I try to accept the blame when this happens because I always have too many tabs open in my browser, and I often work in 2 different sections of Knack simultaneously. However, it is definitely frustrating. Also, I have a pet peeve about the number of items I can view in one page of a report. For a report with lots of items, I have to navigate forward or back between many pages. I would much prefer to scroll further down the same page to see data in a long report. I don't know of any way to alter the number of items per page.

Andrew
Digital Marketing Engineer (Israël)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11-50 employés

Hands Down the Best Database Solution for Small Companies/Organizations

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Knack is the coolest, easy-to-use, most robust database software that we've found. Our non-profit plants thousands of trees each year and we needed an application to keep track of all the plots of trees that we plant, which species are planted, how old they are, when they're due for a check-up, if there are any issues with bugs or disease, etc. We started testing out Knack and within a day we had our entire application built just like we needed. We highly recommend Knack for any small companies or organizations that want a custom app and data manager, but don't have the budget to hire a developer make a custom software for you.

We loved how easy it was to onboard with Knack. The free trial gave us the chance to make sure we could design the database and front-end website that we wanted. After that, it was easy to select the payment plan we needed with a price that was surprisingly low.Other pros include the ability to have multiple website pages and tabs, create multiple database tables that interact and link with each other, and embed charts on the front-end site.

The only con that we've found is that the formula fields are somewhat limited as far as what they can do. It would be great to have a few more options like IF or CONCATENATE formulas to populate and format certain columns dynamically based on the value of other columns. Also, the appearance/design options for the front-end site are pretty limited in their builder. However, I think you can do custom CSS and Javascript; we just haven't had the time or developer abilities to do it yet.

Leanne
Web Design and Development (Canada)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Numerous bugs and lack of customer service taint an otherwise useful tool

Commentaires : This system worked well for what we needed this year. The main need was to create a system to enter and track points from our various members for year-end awards. This was a complex system to build because of the many different categories involved, and so far Knack has handled it. Building the system was extremely frustrating at times, as fields and properties would sometimes refuse to update, or the system would just hang and not do anything. I have built other apps with much the same issues. Customer service was initially helpful but now seems to ignore my requests for looking into bugs even after multiple attempts to have them resolved. We are on the middle tier plan. For example in one of my apps, the app simply hangs if I sort a certain table by one of the fields. Their answer was to not sort it by that field when using the app. I have also had records that should have been deleted not be deleted. I have put my own stop checks into the app and have not had any corrupted data as of yet, but the issues I've had do concern me.

-Easy to learn and build numerous apps -Lots of functional field types -Easy to customize CSS and Javascript for each app if desired -Excellent price point

-Very buggy -Customer service was initially very responsive, but eventually stopped responding to my requests for simple bugs in my app to be fixed, even after numerous attempts to resolve.

Patrick
Owner (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés

Game changer

Commentaires : Game changer. Cant imaging our business without it. The speed in which we can develop apps to run companies is unmatched. We have tried to find a replacement, there isn’t one. Also a big bonuses is how quickly this scales. We run family owned plumbing operations up to globally companies operating in several countries all from the same platform with no need of expanding local server resources.

The fact that the software acts like a native app but is in reality a micro website. Edit and upgrades are pushed out with a refresh with having to go through the process of submitting to an App Store. Also dont need to develop for different platforms/screen sizes. One size fits all

There are several features that have been requested over the years from many users that seem to be left behind. The biggest one in 2020 is that the mobile side needs a big upgrade in order to compete with native apps. A big one for us is uploading of photos on the mobile side. Its very cumbersome and slow. We have lost a few jobs because of this. Need some sort of mobile app that connects to these databases.

ANDREW
Plant Manager (É.-U.)
Production alimentaire, 51-200 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Knack helps us make chocolate more efficiently

Commentaires : Knack allowed us to set up our own "app" by creating a simple database with a front end for users. With limited resources for programming, I learned how to run the builder myself and set the program up for my team. Our Operators enter production data through the interfaces and we've been able to make the system work well enough that I do not need to enter into the builder to fix data errors. Our production managers use their custom interface to ensure records were entered correctly on a daily basis. This eliminated a huge amount of physical paperwork. It also allowed me to have summarized plant performance by a set time on the following production day.

The pricing model makes it an easy sell to get started. You don't have to pay per user, so if you aren't sure whether you'll be able to achieve your goals, it provides a low cost opportunity to make an attempt.

My biggest concern is that our app has become complex enough that it will be difficult for it to be handed off to a new user in the future. Once the software is launched for the team, any changes you make are in effect instantly - there's no opportunity to preview them and roll them out later. Additionally there are a couple of glitches in the builder interface which are frustrating at times. Knack is in Beta with a new interface and I anticipate that these will be resolved.

James
CEO (É.-U.)
Développement de programmes, 2-10 employés

knack... Just wow!

Commentaires : knack has been a huge help for our company. We were looking for a online database solution that we could customize for our unique business. And knack for the build 100 times over.

Great online builder with a very easy learning for it. They offer get webinars that demos a lot of the You can get up and running in minutes not months once you have a plan. You can even customize with css and javascript.

Only con i would say and was not a deal breaker was the use of css take a bit to get use to for major customization

Alex
Alex
President (É.-U.)
Design, 2-10 employés

Flexible, Powerful, Great API, Community Support Lacking

Commentaires : 8 / 10 is right where I'm at. They filled a huge need for us, and for that, I'm extremely grateful. One more point can easily be gained by paying attention to the community, which are the fans of their business. The other point can be gained by adding better standard features and design features. It should be noted that I have passed Knack's name to MANY others in my industry, and I really do highly recommend them.

When I found this software, I nearly jumped for joy. I had been researching no-code database apps for a long time, and this really seemed to fit what we needed it to do. Hats off to Knack for an original-concept. What's great: - App building on the backend AND front end. You create your data modules, decide your schema, then decide how it shows up to the users. Set your logins, set the access levels, etc. It's amazing. - It's extremely easy. Once you get the hang of it, you can make nice looking apps in little time. - The API is very easy to use and powerful. We us it to build special CMS apps that allow our customers to update content on large interactive touch screens. The data is always reliable. - The app is responsive, so users can can access public or their private data from mobile devices. It opens up many possibilities for businesses to use this as a CRM, CMS, Accounting, or even a field-service database. - The in-app support through the chat is great. Staff members are responsive and helpful.

Take this with a grain of salt. When your whole business runs online like ours, you get used to the idea that no software is ever perfect. There is always something that will grind your gears. Here's some things about Knack that need improvement: - Community support - my major gripe about Knack is the responsiveness to the community. There are many active users who contribute a lot of great content, ideas, and issues that need solving. Response from Knack in the community is practically non-existent. Even just to say "Good idea, we'll add that to our list"...just let people know they've been heard! Also, in my opinion, there's some very standard features that I can't believe aren't built yet. Sometimes it seems they work on features for a very small niche audience, rather than things that all users can benefit from. (Like drag and drop sorting of records) - Minimal design freedom on the front end - You can make an app that is extremely functional, but there's not a lot of ways to customize the look and feel of that data for the users. So you may solve some great business issues with Knack, but chances are it won't look super pretty.

Mo
Mo
COO (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 51-200 employés

One of the best options for rapid database centric software development

Commentaires : I have really enjoyed using Knack and continue to push the organization to build functionality in it.

It is so easy to set up a relational database as well as a website to access that data. Very easy to learn. You can quickly create software to solve your organization's needs.

New features are not added often. Workflow actions are triggered by the page accessing the data and not by the database itself. There are limits to the design customization so the software sometimes seems old.

Google Street View Trusted Photographer (É.-U.)
Internet, Auto-entrepreneur

Great Database Development Tool for Non-Coders

Knack is highly flexible and easy to use once you know the platform. Powerful platform that's hard to match.

The dashboard can be a bit buggy, I regularly find and report bugs to the company...but they are quick to fix them in most cases. Even with the occasional bug, there's still nothing that rivals this platform.

Don
Partner (É.-U.)
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés

Knack is an Amazing Tool

Commentaires : I found Knack when I was searching for a tool that would help me to build a simple cloud based lead tracking application for my small law firm (two lawyers) to use. I have a dabbler's technical background in the sense that I have fooled around with Microsoft Access and Visual Basic for Applications - not a particularly high level mind you - barely beyond Hello World stuff. Well, maybe a little beyond that. I was looking for a tool that would allow me to develop something in the cloud and boy did I find it with Knack. I didn't know that Knack existed, but it was exactly what I wanted to exist and I was blown away when I actually discovered that it in fact existed. I was familiar enough with relational databases through my limited experience with Access that I was able to pretty much immediately start using Knack. I had a rough version of the application I wanted to develop put together in a couple days really. (Not a huge feat, really since what I wanted was really pretty simple). But we used it every day and came to really rely on it. It has become absolutely a part of the business. The ability to have this cloud based application, available on our phones or wherever we have computer access has been incredible and the platform itself works like magic. I spent hours wrestling with Access in setting up subforms and reports and such and developing queries and all of that. Knack takes care of that sort of heavy lifting behind the scenes. From my experience with Access, I know that it really is heavy lifting too, which is why I appreciate it so much. I used to design my websites in Dreamweaver, but as the technical expertise required to build sites well started to increase well beyond my ability to use Dreamweaver, I discovered Squarespace. Squarespace for me was the answer to my prayers, because it gave me the freedom to create sites that were technically pretty sophisticated and modern but in a way that shielded me from the need to have the technical expertise to execute it well. Knack is like Squarespace in this way. In fact, since many people who design sites might have use for cloud based applications that Knack can provide, I would think that Knack and Squarespace ought to be able to find ways to work with each other. They both occupy the same sort of space - providing people without the increasingly sophisticated skills required to build nice things (websites or custom database applications) the ability to build those nice things.

I love the way it shields me from what I know to be complex and tricky issues involved in putting together an application built around a relational database. I know the agony of wrestling with figuring out how to do things with relational databases and it just makes me so happy to be able to create a wonderfully stable application that works in the cloud - without the torture of having to figure out why my SQL query isn't working as I thought it would, etc. It just works, and I am shielded from the coding. I don't have to know what a SQL query is. To me this is just plain magic.

Hard to come up with something I am not really happy about with it. I guess everything could be improved with more features and options and such, but I see that as mostly window dressing. The guts of this thing are amazing. I'm sure the future will see more features and more ways to style the applications and such, but the magic is built in now.

Jonathan
Founder / designer (É.-U.)
Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique, Auto-entrepreneur

One of a kind

Commentaires : Outstanding . The customer service team really cares and the product is actively evolving

I really do not know what I would do without the resource of the Knack platform. There is so much cross talk of data between those who provide it and those who need it that than an online, customizable, easy to implement data management platform is the most optimal solution. Love the ability to customize with CSS and JavaScript and connect to other software through Integromat

Not much to NOT like ; as I see it there are features I haven’t figured out how to use yet and things that don’t work because of pure user error.

Jacob
Operations Manager (É.-U.)
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés

Geek candy for a middle-of-the-pack geek!

Commentaires : What's geek candy? It's that little moment of excitement you got when you opened up that sweet lego set, or figured out your phone can do "talk to text." I'm a middle-of-the-pack kind of geek... better than some geeks and worse than equally as many. What's cool about Knack is that it can offer something for everyone. I have used it to give us much more insight into our business. We can track progress and make better decisions.

Knack is easy to use, they listen to their customers and the pricing structure is awesome.

The app layout through the UI is limited.

Josh
Digital Manager (R.-U.)
Matériaux de construction, 11-50 employés

Makes building apps look easy!

5,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Amazing - the software itself is really easy to use but also the customer support is great. They're happy to jump onto your app and figure out your objective and then help you resolve your issue. They genuinely feel like they're trying to problem solve with you which is fantastic.

Made my first powerful internal business tool in a few hours. Have since used this tool to look like a genius when I am, in fact, not a genius.

There are a few features that have been requested with the devs that don't exist yet. The big one for me is aligning fields! Please make this a thing, Knack!

Jørgen
CEO (Norvège)
Biens de consommation, 11-50 employés

Reasonably priced and easy to use database software

Commentaires : Using Knack for making a customized ERP for my business. Used for database, forms, checklists, timesheets, CRM, service dispatch and more.

Very simple and quick to create tables and connections. Good selection of functions. Reasonably priced. Good API and intergration with Zapier.

A few small bugs and some missing features. Could have been better interface for tablets and mobile devices.

New Media Content Manager (É.-U.)
, 201-500 employés

Wonderful!

Ability to customize databases; real-time updates; many template options to choose from; customer service is excellent. I've used this several times for an annual holiday website. Our users were so impressed and became repeat donors.

customer service agent and his staff were very helpful as I extensively redesigned a template to serve our varied needs. I have been very satisfied and think the only confusion I ran into is customized differences between mobile and website versions.

Nicholas
Operations Manager (É.-U.)
Appareils médicaux, 2-10 employés

relatively inexpensive, powerful database app

5,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Their customer service is exceptional and the user forums are also very helpful in answering questions and solving problems.

What I like most about the software is the built in relational flexibility Knack offers. When creating objects you are able to build in the relationships to other objects intuitively, and then when building the app itself, it remembers these relations to create the relationship that is most useful.

Missing are the complete lack of drag and dropping of "views", also not easily customizable to change fonts, headings, colors, etc. This must be done through CSS and/or Java Script programming.

Alejandra
researcher (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 2-10 employés

Good for those who don't know how to code

Easy to setup and use, highly customizable

Pricing structure and cost is too high for the amount of storage you get

Lee
President (Canada)
Télécommunications, 11-50 employés

Absolutely terrible, worst customer service I have experienced

Absolutely terrible customer service. I signed up, spent 2 days making an app, then the builder completely froze. I tried 5 computers, all different browsers, as soon as you log in it give a spinning gear and freezes. Knack support said it's because I'm using Chrome and that Chrome is bad at handling memory (even though I told them I tried IE, Edge, Safari, on 5 machines). Then today, I spent 3 hours making an app and doing email templates. I go get a drink, come back, it's COMPLETELY GONE. I contact their support, they said their backups failed and they don't have one, and that they confirmed I DID have an app, but that it's no longer there. They said even though I just signed up 2 days ago, they don't do refunds, but that I'm welcome to cancel my service in their portal. I canceled it and filed a chargeback with Visa. Avoid this company, extremely shady.

Réponse de l'équipe de Knack

il y a 5 ans

Of course when there's any chance of work being lost we take that very seriously and launch a full internal investigation. We had mentioned that a refund was possible but we needed to get more details. This is something we had never seen before and needed to confirm exactly what may have happened. Unfortunately Lee deleted his account before we could complete our investigation and resolve this issue to everyone's satisfaction. This all happened within the span of a few hours.

Bethany
Consultant ()
, Auto-entrepreneur
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Overall quite impressed

Once you've got everything figured out (specifically linking different objects) it's very easy to use. There are quite a few useful features.

Sometimes the software is glitchy when it comes to importing .csv documents. Things won't load and then you'll have to restart the whole process.

Brandon
Operations Manager & Practitioner (Afrique du Sud)
Cabinets médicaux, 11-50 employés

Extremely Satisfied

Commentaires : Very satisfied new user

Ease of use for people without IT/database creation backgrounds. Prompt global support.

Additional currencies for ecommerce functionality/fields

Rosenfeld,
Admin (É.-U.)
Construction, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Good Product to Build your Own Website

Commentaires : Over we decided not to use knack as there were other softwares out there that better suited our needs.

For someone whose never built a website this is about as easy as it gets.

I wish there were more display options.

Derek
PM (É.-U.)

Great. Knack did exactly what I wanted.

It allowed me to easily customize a website to allow multiple users to enter information without having a pay account.

You have to program yourself. I'm not the most technical person so this takes some time. Only training will help.

Ryan