The Only Project Management Software with the Features I need

Robert F.
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Hive is the only project management software that is cloud collaborative, has infinite sub tasks, and Gantt charts so it was an easy choice. Also it is not Microsoft Project so I don't have to deal with their insane billing methods. Chatting inside tasks or letting task owners turn sub tasks into their own projects is great. Everyone can keep up with who is working on what and who needs help or what is holding up the project. Sign in and billing is super easy. Support is extremely reactive when I have questions. There is a bunch of stats on task completion that I don't use, but look useful.

Inconvénients: The mobile app has significantly reduced functionality compared to desktop.

Happy Hivers

Chantal S.
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As a virtual accounting team, we are using Hive not only to document our full range of workflow processes and procedures, but also as an audit trail. Hive keeps us on task and on point with client commitments, and has helped us collaborate with each other more effectively. Internal emails are almost non-existent now w/ the Hive messaging and commenting tools. We looked at all the options out there and were impressed with how Hive seems to bring the best of each project management platform to bear. It has been a gamechanger for us.

Avantages: Love the clean, bright interface, the options for data/project organization and visual representation, and stellar customer support - especially during onboarding. Hive messaging is also really slick (we no longer use Slack) and the platform's Giphy integration makes for some fun times for our virtual team.

Inconvénients: There are some quirks which we have discussed at length with the development team - most notably the inability to create dependent tasks within project actions that recur. We hear they are working on it, though. And our direct contact with support is a main reason we love Hive.

We love Hive!

Publié le 03/09/2019
Lindsey S.
Relationship Manager
Comptabilité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Hive has allowed us to seamlessly connect, communication, collaborate between our team members, while being organized and efficient.

Avantages: This software has helped us streamline our operations - allowing our team of designers and project managers to communicate and work on projects collaboratively and seamlessly. It helps us all be on the same page and ensures that we get our projects done on time.

Inconvénients: We have no cons to report. Any issues we have with the software are related to organization and user set up. For example, if one doesn't check their "flagged items" daily, then they back up, which is a problem but it's on the user.

Great for productivity and task tracking at mass

Publié le 19/09/2019
Melvin L.
Media Activation Manager
Marketing et publicité, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, Hive was a great addition to the team. We used to do daily catchups with the stakeholders, which honestly wasted a lot of time in total for the whole team. With Hive, not only are we able to streamline work, it is also accountable and saves times by reducing needs for constant catchups on a daily basis. Anytime a stakeholder needs an idea of where the project is going, all that needs to be done is to login to Hive.

Avantages: Easy to use, many different views and ways to personalize the UI to suit each person's needs.
Notifications are great to also help track tasks and ensure completion of tasks amongst the team is done well.
Hive is great for small teams with large, repetitive tasks that needs to be tracked on multiple steps, which is what exactly my team has been using it for. All in all good experience, has helped cut down the need or daily catchups as all stakeholders can easily see project status and update project details quickly as well

Inconvénients: No way to track version history.
We have a rouge person who keeps randomly deleting our templates in the organisation. Hive has no way to track things like these however.
Also, I have used other project management softwares, and a lack of a desktop app or a addon (meaning you have to always open a tab to get the notifications) is a bit of a bummer

A good tool for multiple projects

Publié le 19/12/2018
Wagner A.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My company works with local and remote teams. With Hive we manage and use human resources more assertively. Some of the tools of the platform, such as the management of estimated time to complete the tasks, helps us to work in this mixed regime.

Avantages: one of the best features of the tool is the ability to view projects in different ways. Be it as a schedule, status or Gantt view.
This allows us to configure the best way to follow each project, either by the team's need or simply to facilitate the follow-up on a daily basis.
I recommend for teams with a mixed regime of employees (presence and remote) and for those who work with multiple projects requiring daily updating

Inconvénients: Unfortunately the mobile app version of the platform still has many problems. It is necessary to change the visualization of the tasks and to improve the speed of access and update, the simple act of changing the menu options generates a lot of loading time. I believe that the mobile version needs a complete overhaul, I've already tried to use it on the iOS and Android platforms, but the problems are similar and many members of my team simply stopped using the app.

Best Task Management System Ever Created

Publié le 11/09/2019
Kathleen P.
Client Relations Manage
Assurance, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As a Health benefits office, this program makes every task we do easy to complete and with the utmost efficiency that the task is absolutely done or what needs to be done to complete it.

Avantages: I love how simple it is to create the task cards and customize them any way necessary.

Inconvénients: Once something is deleted such as a comment or a picture it is permanently deleted.

Hive Changed my life

Tyler B.
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Hive is the single best end-to-end project management software on the market. I've tried pretty much all of them and they hide critical features behind tiered payment plans unnecessarily. I have team members all across the world and we all use it to stay on top of critical projects daily. I especially love the forms feature for standard or weekly tasks. Every single time I've reached out to customer service regarding questions or issues they've been professional and especially helpful to me. They've always known how to help, gone out of their way to make sure I was satisfied, and given me exactly what I need. In my opinion, Hive knocks every single other task or project management software out of the water. It has increased our productivity, simplified our communication, prevented issues with clients, and given everyone in my company peace of mind.

Inconvénients: The app for the phone isn't as functional as the desktop app for Mac or the online version.

A Great Project Management Tool!

Courtney P.
Marketing Manager
Design graphique, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's been great working with Hive! My team and I use this application every day and I've found it really helpful for project management, which is one of my day to day tasks. I was responsible for finding a PM tool when I joined the team—and I'm so grateful that I found Hive!

Avantages: In the past, I've used Asana for project management and Slack for messaging. Hive is the best of both worlds! I also prefer the layouts in Hive to any PM tools I've seen. Status view, calendar, Gantt chart and table view are all really helpful.

Inconvénients: Tags and dependencies can be developed a bit more. Also, notifications are often messy. Would love an inbox for notifications rather than a popup in the top right corner and have the ability to mark certain tasks as read or unread.

Hive is the Most Versatile Task-Management Tool I've Ever Used

Jason B.
Communications
Institutions religieuses, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I love using Hive. I have been demonstrably more productive at scheduling out my time and seeing what's on my plate. I love it so much that I've been paying for it out of pocket for about nine months (as of this writing) because my company has yet to approve paying for it (just for budget reasons).

Avantages: Hive is versatile, customizable, and easy to use to track the completion of projects and tasks. The simple fact that you can instantly convert a project from Kanban style to a calendar view is incredible.

Inconvénients: The arrangement of the projects at the top isn't ideal.

Truly Insightful Project Management for Agencies

Frank x. P.
Managing Partner
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The multiple team and dashboard views are a difference maker for our team, as well as the agency view which helps us anticipate and overcome potential bottlenecks.

Inconvénients: The mobile app is not nearly as robust as the desktop version.

Hive for in-house design & marketing team

Jesse F.
Creative Director
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It;'s been pretty much exactly what I wanted, and has worked as well as I could have hoped for. It has helped us greatly reduce the time it was taking us to input data from design requests, and it helps us stay on track with our large volume of active projects.

Avantages: First off, it's the best priced option I found in my research. It's way below other services. I was happy to find that the interface and functionality did not suffer due to the low price tag. The platform is pretty much ideal for our purposes, design request forms, job traffic, and even long term strategic organization. Customer support is good, generally quick responses and help.

Inconvénients: A few minor things here and there, like not being able to delete custom fields that I created. I feel like I looked pretty thoroughly for a way to delete them and didn't find it, but I also have not spoken to customer support, which i'm sure could help. Some trouble adding users at first, invite email took a while to get to teh person.

Comprehensive Collaboration Feature Set

Publié le 26/09/2017
Jim C.
Cofounder, Operations Director
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Hive brings our entire team into one collaborative workspace, allowing us to replace most emails with chat & task management. Samepage.io is also worth reviewing - haven't tried it but seems to also have a strong feature set at a similar or lower price, and includes video chat.

Avantages: * Ability to view work by project, but team members all in one view, and then filter tasks to everything assigned to me across multiple projects
* Chat
* Responsiveness of customer service team via in app Intercom

Inconvénients: * Threaded chat would be nice. This was recently added to Slack, but Workplace by Facebook does it even better
* Filter out actions that have not hit their start date yet, AND tasks that have an unmet dependency. Goal is to focus attention toward work which can be done now, and minimize extra human manual filtering.
* Needs FILTER BY DATE COMPLETED: We're most interested in seeing this available on the "My team" view, but could also make sense elsewhere. While we can filter status view by assignees, projects and status complete, just need this additional ability
* Should be a way to AUTOMATICALLY MOVE URGENT ACTIONS TO TOP: Automatically sort tasks marked "urgent" to top of each respective status list when "Sort Type" "Sort by Priority" has been selected in the project navigator so users don't have to hunt them down and pull them up.

Hive Review

Publié le 17/11/2017
Prabhdeep S.
Software Engineer
10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It's really customizable. You can view the same project in a lot of different ways. It also great that you have a bunch of separate projects, but can view them all together with summary view. There are just so many options that it really fits the needs of my whole team.

Inconvénients: I wish there were more integrations, but I think they are working on adding more. Also, I would love if they could add time tracking, but besides that there isn't too much I dislike. I had some trouble figuring out the new forms feature, but the customer support team was really helpful in getting that resolved.

Great Experience So Far!

Crystal M.
Project / Office Support
Construction, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am enjoying my time with Hive so far, very efficient and easy to use. Always updating their features, which is fun to learn about and implement into my work. Awesome product!

Avantages: The ability to create actions and sub-actions for a project / event, adding due dates. Different views, news feed section, ability to change text design.

Inconvénients: Being able to print off selections / parts exel sheets and not all together.

Great application for managing multiple projects

Carolina P.
principal
Urbanisme et architecture, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I'm able to tell the clients exactly in what stage their project is in a few clicks. No task is or project is left behind!

Avantages: How easy it is to see the progress, or lack, of progress of a project. The analytics part is also very helpful especially the time spend on different task.

Inconvénients: The phone version is slow. I would like to be log in in my account instead of having to log on all the time.

Very helpful to my team

Publié le 18/12/2018
Mary ann D.
Operations Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I love Hive so much because this is the perfect tool for me and my team. It's like trello and slack in one! The task cards are easy to navigate. Assigning or tagging people to the tasks is not complicated at all. The forms are being used for our clients' job requests and it works great.

Inconvénients: App and browser - sometimes logging in is hard because it loads really slow. Some of my team members are always complaining that they cannot log in to hive, just seeing plain white background. I hope you can improve that.

Hive Works!

Publié le 28/12/2018
Mark V.
Partner
Design, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As I mentioned above, working remotely can be difficult but I've been able to stay connected to my business partners using this software.

Avantages: I like the fact that it consolidates the functionality of Slack, Trello and other project management software packages into one. I work remotely and it's easy to stay in touch with other members of the team on a minute-to-minute basis.

Inconvénients: I can't get it to work reliably on my iPhone, despite updating it regularly. I have an older phone (5s) because I just like to have a smaller phone to carry. Soon this needs to change, but for now if I get notifications from Hive I have to find a place to pull up my laptop.

Good for Workflow Basics

Editor in Chief
Internet, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, Hive has been a great addition to the company. It feels scalable and the easy of use is nice. I am still exploring features such as Time Tracking as I work towards configuring the software to account for more of our workflow. Customer service has been pleasant to deal with and they are working towards addressing some of the logic flaws in their design. Hopefully within a couple of months, we'll have the tool where we need it.

Avantages: Organizing and structuring recurring assignments for a team of writers who produce over 1,000 articles per month can be challenging. Hive definitely helps keep things flowing. My writers love how clear and concise their workload is presented each day. The ability to change and insert new assignments or move them around is also great.

Inconvénients: The reporting and accountability factors are lacking a little in Hive. There is some bad logic in their recurring actions that prevent us from being able to generate accurate productivity reports. They are currently working towards addressing this issue, but as it stands if you need strong, reliable reporting and also need recurring assignments, then Hive may not be the tool for you... yet.

Hive is a very good Project Management software tool, only lacking on budget / reporting.

Publié le 04/08/2019
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Hive is a good project management tool when you focus on the projects. If you want to track the budget along with the project progress, it is lacking several features that would make that possible.

Avantages: Hive allows for a few different method of project management for both agile and waterfall projects. It has built in time tracking and you can invite clients without having to pay a fee for them to be in your system. The forecasting tools are helpful and has most of everything you would expect to see in a project management system.

Inconvénients: There are two things missing from this software that would make it a great tool. The first of which is an individual users task list that can be prioritized. Each of our employees wants to see what they are responsible for across all projects and then set priority without having to use a separate program (like Asana). Also, Hive does not do much to address the budgeting side of project management, so there is not a lot of insight to how the budget is being used or reporting back to the client on budget over time of the project, let alone any type of portfolio management.

It is a great tool

Publié le 23/11/2017
Raghav B.
QA engineer
13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Events are gathered in HDFS by flume and needs to be processed into parquet files for fast querying. The input data contains variable attributes in the json payload as each customer could define custom attributes. It is part of the ETL pipeline, where hive jobs read json data and generates parquet files that would be queried using impala/spark. Using views, each customer queries only the relevant data

Avantages: The syntax of hive! Its almost SQL so its easy to use.
External tables, partitions, buckets, UDFs all the features I like to use with hive. ORC data format occupying lesser space and retrieving the data much faster.
The Hive is intended to simplify your experience with Hadoop and allows developers and business analyst apply their SQL knowledge to query data, build reports, build etl etc.
To be able to run map reduce jobs using json parsing and generate dynamic partitions in parquet file format.

Inconvénients: Hive is comparatively slower than its competitors. Its easy to use but that comes with the cost of processing, If you are using it just for batch processing then hive is well and fine. It also does not have as rich of a scripting language.

Transformed our workflow

Publié le 18/12/2018
Susan M.
Director of Web Strategy
Enseignement supérieur, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We have hundreds of projects in a calendar year. Hive allows us to make assignments to team members, consolidate files, and assign start/stop dates so that projects don't get missed. It has been a valuable tool for us.

Avantages: Flexibility for just a task or an entire project. Also like the public and private options.

Inconvénients: Sometimes I lose things! But that is probably me needing to use filters more efficiently. Also, if you check off a completed task within a project, it removes it from the project - so attaching files to the project (not the task) keep them accessible for length of project.

Head and shoulders above the rest

Publié le 15/02/2019
Jessica M.
Junior Designer
Design, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Intuitive UX design: check. Customization: check. Small expert touches: check. This software makes managing projects and seeing where all of our projects are at a breeze.

Avantages: I'm a designer at a small agency, and we have as many as 12 different client projects going on at the same time. Before, figuring out priorities and deadlines was organizational chaos. With Hive, I know what's due when, who's working on it, what the feedback is, what the status of the project is, and all at a glance. I love the built-in messenger and different layouts for viewing projects. The small touches like custom messenger statuses and built-in giphy make Hive fun to use.

Inconvénients: I think the notifications section needs some improvement. I'd like more settings for how and when I receive notifications. My bosses are out of pocket a lot of the time, and we haven't been able to figure out how to make sure they get email notifications for the right things. Right now we're still relying on email for some internal communications, but I hope that won't be the case in the future.

A good choice for collaboration and project management

Publié le 19/12/2018
Appareils médicaux, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It has been great to have everything in one place: team chat, task management and tracking, and project management/scheduling tools. Team is really responsive to feature requests. I think this is already a good choice compared to alternatives, and it will be easily the best choice if they continue this trajectory.

Avantages: Different views are useful for different use cases and avoid duplicating entries between collaboration and project management

Inconvénients: Its a newer product and some of the features can a be a bit buggy from a user interface perspective. In part, I think this is from having a quite large set of features included compared to alternative platforms. However, the team is really responsive to bug fixes and none of the bugs compromise data or use.

Home Automation and control

Publié le 14/03/2017
So hail A.
Technology consultant
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This software is really cool if you want to automate things in your house such as your heating and lighting where you can use sensors for when you walk into your house they will turn the lights on automatically. The app they offer is really easy to use and very straight forward. The downside is that sometimes it lags so if a sensor goes off it does not turn the lights on right away. In summary, the idea is really good and the execution is good but the reliability needs to be worked on as it does not always work.

Avantages: Good design idea and easy to use

Inconvénients: Not very reliable yet as it sometimes fails to work as expected, looks like they have some bugs to sort out

Hive Review

Publié le 02/01/2019
Joanna P.
Staff Scientist
Recherche, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Hive makes it easy to organize data and consolidate information through grouping together actions by their progress in their assigned project. It allows everyone to know what is going on and what needs to be done. Working in multiple locations in a small company makes it hard to always communicate all your actions to your coworkers, but Hive provides a great way to keep everyone updated.

Avantages: The organizational methods, grouping actions into their progress status, and viewing actions of all the members makes working together as a small company much easier.

Inconvénients: That projects do not immediately show up on the pinned bar to all members that can view the group and that there isn't a more consolidated area to specifically attach files in each project.