Avis clients sur My Music Staff

En savoir plus sur My Music Staff

My Music Staff est une application web facile d'utilisation pour gérer votre entreprise d'enseignement musical. Enseignez plus. Stressez moins.

En savoir plus sur My Music Staff

Easy to use and comprehensive. The invoicing is so simple to use and makes it easy to keep up with my finances.

The auto-generated lesson fee feature is a bit confusing for me (showing a balance owed for lessons which haven't occurred) but even more so for the students.

My Music Staff - Notes

My Music Staff a reçu une note globale de 4,8 étoiles sur 5 d'après 524 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé My Music Staff ?

Duval
Sportif (Cameroun)
Articles de sport, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Super cool

5,0 il y a 4 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Malgré sa couleur c'est une superbe application je vous la recommande

Application géniale simple à utiliser super cool

Sa couleur moi je suis fan de la couleur noir

Matthew
Matthew
Owner / Music Director (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Couldn't run my music school without it

It is extremely simple and easy to use. I only use the Students, Family and Calendar portions of it, and it serves well beyond what I need it for. So easy to view schedule and filter and organize it based on location, teacher, student, etc. i LOVE , as do the parents, the 24-hour in advance automatic reminders auto-texted or e-mailed (your choice).

Besides a couple of very minor workflow impedances, it would be nice to integrate the calendar with an existing website, rather than only having the option to do so with the current website.

Adam
School Director (R.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Ideally for anyone managing a small music school

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : Really positive. Support staff are great and there is plenty of resources to problem solve any booking requirements. It’s nice to see that the software is still being updated and invested in which makes me hopefully for the tools it will provide in the near future.

It has features that I didn’t realise I would need. It’s the best blends of resources for music teachers and management software.

The experience on phones feels clunky and difficult to navigate. All my staff use it on their phones and would prefer an app that is more condensed for just their day of teaching.

Jill
Billing Manager (É.-U.)
Musique, 11-50 employés

My Music Staff Falling Behind

4,0 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : We've been using MMS for over 4 years now. When we first found this program it was the all-in-one solution we were looking for but unfortunately, as the years have progressed, the site has gotten much slower to work with, updates made are off-point and not helpful and the program is falling behind in offering features that are standard with others. Most noticeable is the lack of an activity feed or notification system. While other customer management and team work platforms have made this piece a base offering, My Music Staff has no way to indicate who is making changes in the database, when changes are made or a way to be notified. They occasionally roll out new features which are of little use. The Beta Attendance update, still in Beta after more than a year has more steps than the original method and makes the routine more cumbersome instead of streamlining. Despite being around since 2013, My Music Staff is still lacking an application made specifically for your phone further hindering their usability. While we'd really like to continue using this program, the lack of investment to keep up with development and customer needs puts it on the verge of being outdated.

Ease of set it and forget it weekly lesson management and invoicing for clients.Calendar is user friendly

Not responsive to feedback, input. No feed or alert for user changes in any way makes it extremely difficult to track if a teacher makes a change or someone has changed something that will impact your client's billing.The adjustments they do make seem to glitch the system at times.

Stefano
Stefano
Freelancer (Pérou)
Musique, Auto-entrepreneur

My experience as an administrator user of the software for 3 months.

3,0 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Overall my experience with this product was not so satisfactory, however the time I am testing it is short. Therefore, I will give it a few more months of opportunity.

What I liked the most was being able to plan the lessons for the students, as well as the facility to make reports and statistics on the progress of the groups.

What I did not like is certain errors that are presented, such as double payment and e-mail messages that generate some discomfort in users who pay for the service and get messages that confuse them.From my point of view an update is needed to correct these errors, improve the interface and reduce the cost.

Xavier
Xavier
Musique, Auto-entrepreneur

If you have a private teaching studio...you need this.

4,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Overall I am super happy with MyMusicStaff. It is not an expensive tool to use and does everything I wanted it to do and a lot more.

There are a lot of things I love about MyMusicStaff but the one thing that is the best is the ability to automatically bill families in the beginning of the month. It is the greatest thing. I used to do it by remembering myself or the families and I would always feel like I am undercharging or overcharging. But this way I know that it is exactly right. It is so easy to set it and forget it and see that money coming in every month.

Sometimes it seems like the software is a little glitchy. Sometimes it charges twice and you have to do some tricks to get the amount that the family owes you to be correct. When the software works, it really works well but then when it does not it is kind of a pain to get it to be correct.

Kinza
Piano Instructor (É.-U.)

Great Product

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : Overall this is a great app and I love using it makes running a business a million times easier!

I love the ease of being able to set up billing and also setting schedules for lessons and get information out to parents easy.

I don't like how there is really only one payment method you are able to use. I would like if you were able to use a bunch of different payment options like Zelle, stripe, PayPal and Venmo.

Gladys
Piano teacher (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur

Great product

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : There’s not too much I don’t like about it

Great recordkeeping and finance tracking. Everything about the software is great. Great calendar feature. Very easy to use.

There’s not much I don’t like about it. Very easy to use.

Denise
Private Woodwind Instructor (É.-U.)
Musique, Auto-entrepreneur

Online help for your small music business

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Makes the end of the year tax paperwork and review easy! Communication with parents is done in a speedy manner.

I wish there was a way that the software could calculate my mileage when I enter the calendar information.

Satwik
Student (Inde)
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur

Your Music Manager

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : I personally go to a class in my music staff for brushing up my music skills.

Music staff always assist me like my personal assistant, it also helps me to accomplish my hobby in singing songs and leaning new techniques of singing, it gives all new features, and helps a lot of people like me who want a platform to showcase their inner talent.

All things are good but i was wondering if they can add some more interactive tools in live chats like making some virtual music instruments that can play the same sound as it plays in real for having a real view of it.

Meale
Meale
marketer (Togo)
Équipement et fournitures de bureau, 2-10 employés

music class management

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

My music staff staff is a software built for music class sheduling and management. it is easy to set up a calendar

the sheduling tools must offer more ways to set up a proper calendar

Anamarie
Musique, 2-10 employés

It's great once you get to know it

Commentaires : For a relatively low cost, this software is helping me grow and define my business. The company was extremely responsive when the pandemic hit and new features were unveiled quickly. I am able to run my appointments just as easily from zoom as face to face using the software tools they provided. Overall, I would recommend this product as a great tool for a studio.

It makes scheduling and keeping track of payments a breeze. Everything is all in one place and generating reports is also simple. For the most part, it does more than I had expected/hoped.

For people who prefer having support via the phone, this is not a good option. There are many times that I wish I could just dial a number to get an answer. That being said, they respond quickly via email. There is also a learning curve with this software that might be a barrier to some.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Anamarie. Thank you for the lovely review. I do just want to point out that we do have phone support as well! You can reach our team toll-free at 1-888-732-6134 :)

Kate
Musique, Auto-entrepreneur

My assistant for my studio

Commentaires : My experience has been great! I can't attest to the customer service as I've never had to use it! But that says something, doesn't it?

I really like how this software program allows me to stay organized and gives me a very professional look with my clients. From invoices to curriculum to client information to the dreaded year end taxes, I am able to keep detailed information and have it right at my finger tips when needed. My personal studio has 40 students with 26 different families to account to and communicate with. I use My Music Staff to set up a structured personal invoice system for each family, keep track of all lessons (attended or unattended), list all curriculum items each student is working on plus all festival and competition participation and results, any loaned music books I've given each student, and keep detailed notes on how each student is progressing. My Music Staff allows me to keep all my expenses (music books, office supplies, mileage, etc) in an organized, detailed system so April is no longer a huge headache for me! I also keep my waiting list of families looking to get into lessons so I no longer have the problem of the lost email or phone number when I get an opening in my studio.There are more possibilities with the program (website link, clients being able to link in) that I have not pursued yet but am looking forward to in the future. I have had a lot of comments from my clients about how impressed they are with how organized my studio is. I appreciate that this program allows me to come across as the professional I aim to be and hope to be perceived in my community.

I get frustrated with some of the backtracking I have to do to personalize the calendar and the invoices. But, I don't see how that would be avoided as my studio is unique and each year is different. I do appreciate that I can personalize each student and each year.

Isaac
Director (Australie)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 2-10 employés

An extremely high value product

Commentaires : My Music Staff has become indispensible and almost makes life a breeze. Accounts, invoicing and lesson management, notes and plenty more are brilliant. If they can upgrade some and smooth a couple of other areas I'd gladly pay more.

After trying a number of other systems which felt like a real pain, I must say I can't find a system anywhere near as good for even double the price. There's a learning curve but it's really nothing like many others out there. TOP PROS: - Invoice for a period for all students in one hit and then email in one more. - Calendar view is powerful: attendance, great filtering by student/teacher/and many more - Setting up lessons is a breeze with conflicts detected automatically (although I wish it picked it up conflicts before pressing save, saving me a click-and-loading cycle) - Love the ability to clone days, run indefinite recurring group lessons with blocked out dates - Account management is brilliant too with a running list of billables and balance at any particular date - Sign up form is embeddable - SMS support mostly great - Notifiations to clients are great

SMS INTEGRATION IS PATCHY - Fantastic for e.g. deleting a day. Except to send SMS messages needs to be activated in each profile manually which is slow - can't be turned on by default either - If the student doesn't have SMS turned on they don't get sent - Deleting lessons obscures the account: there is no longer record of that lesson even if it was previously included on an upfront invoice. - Marking a teacher absent is ideal EXCEPT there is no option to SMS all students without activating the feature in each individual profile first. NO SECOND FORM Other than the signup form - you need another service to handle this LEAD MANAGEMENT - No real (even simple) LMS, need another system. hello double handling data - Can classify as "lead" but then they can't book an open lesson. They need to be "Active" to do that, which is confusing because then they're "current students" which they aren't. It would be nice if leads could be added to lessons, then be automatically converted (semi-workaround via Student view sorting) INVOICES - need more templates & automation for outstanding, reminder before due, overdue, overdue 7/14 days - XERO integration please! NO STOCK MANAGEMENT - No stocking books to smooth the process. To sell, a manual entry for every book sold is required. No prefill or stock - I've stopped selling books because of this ATTENDANCE - For group lessons needs optimising too many features has bloated the process & created too many loading panes

il y a 4 ans

Hey Isaac! So glad to hear you've been enjoying My Music Staff. We've recently added the "¿Trial Student¿ status. A trialing student is functionally the same as an Active student but provides a way to segment your student list so you can easily identify which students haven¿t yet committed to lessons for the long term. You'll want to use this status rather than "Lead". This will allow you to schedule the students on the calendar. Parents and students do need to opt-in to receive SMS messages. This is to help studios comply with SMS marketing laws. This is why it's not enabled by default. We do agree that after receiving permission, you should be able to enable the feature in bulk so we've added this item to our to-do list. Thanks again for the great review!

Julia
Director/Instructor (É.-U.)

A great All-In-One Business Manager and Scheduler

Commentaires : The scheduling alone and automated charges and billing are amazing - so much easier to keep track of everything. I'm also loving the additional features and ease of communication to students and parents from one place.
The improvements they've made over the past 2 years (most especially becoming more friendly to syncing to Google Calendar) have been unobtrusive and are generally making the software easier to use - and all at a reasonable cost!

First of all, the price is fantastic for a small business - you pay per teacher you're managing and the base subscription price is outstanding! Any equivalent scheduling software charges as though you are a large company and was many times the price for just me and my partner! The scheduling interface is easy and pretty intuitive, and I love that I can opt to allow people to change their own times (but only to a time that I've already set aside for teaching). I continue to have control over the times and days that I teach, and I have to deal with fewer make up lesson headaches! I've only started using some of the other functions this school year (file sharing, practice tracking, sending notes to parents/students, etc) so only a few months, but so far it's working really well and I love being able to contact the parents with concerns or suggestions when the child is not present.

1. Most of my students pay on an automated monthly tuition model, and I would love to be able to set the month beginning/end dates for something other than the 1st. (mid month starts, 2nd pay period, etc) 2. While it is great to be able to message parents with notes, notifications of uploads, etc, it would be great if there were a way to group all those messages together instead of spamming them the day after the lesson. 3. Sometimes changes I make from my mobile device don't save properly (attendance is bad for this)

Cally
Private Clarinet Instructor & Freelance Clarinetist (É.-U.)
Musique, Auto-entrepreneur

You Need This in Your Life!

Commentaires : Customer support is very helpful!

I don't generate invoices until I have my schedule set. Once I have my schedule for the month/semester/etc figured out, I create invoices and send them to parents. I love that this program makes it easy to create and send invoices based on the schedule. What used to take me HOURS now takes minutes. I also like how it tracks payments, adjustments, etc in the program so that even parents can see. No more angry parents claiming they paid when they simply forgot; they can see everything. My studio size doubled because I am so much more organized with everything. I also love that students can see notes that I've taken, assignments, download music, etc. I also send out mass messages for my upcoming concerts which is posted on the group studio page. ALSO I love that it automatically sends reminder texts and emails. I rarely have students forget to come to their lessons anymore (and when they do, I just remind them of my cancellation policy, so I never lose any dollars). I love this program. Just amazing. I will never use anything else.

I wish there was an phone app that would allow me to work offline. I frequently work in practice rooms that block out cell phone signal, so I can't load students' notes when I teach. Also, It took forever to figure out how to navigate through the site at first. Lastly, I wish I could figure out how to automatically send my students their lesson schedule for the month (not essential since it is listed in the invoice, but I would like to have the kids get a list of lesson times in the email).

Jack
Director (É.-U.)
Musique, 2-10 employés

MMS is a solid product which covers most of the bases

Commentaires : MMS has made scheduling quite efficient. It is fairly easy to navigate once you get used to it. We have been using it for a long time and I know there are features I haven't even gotten to yet. I don't think we've worked with the support team much as we've been able to figure things out. I would be very interested in taking a live class if it were offered just to appreciate the full potential of the software.

I especially like the attendance notes. It informs our students (parents) what is to be expected at the next lesson. This is especially good for parents who are not particularly musical, to remind the child specifics of the practice material. I also like the auto reminder sent for next day classes. This gives the student an opportunity to cancel class in time to qualify for a make up class. And, if a class had been verbally cancelled, but the teacher did not log it as such, (s)he is reminded that the class has been cancelled.

I wish there was an entry to list the specific instrument being taught at each class. We can list the instrument in the student information section, but it'd be more convenient if it were right there on the calendar. Many instructors teach multiple disciplines and knowing which is being taught at a given class would make it easier for us to book the right room and/or the right substitute.

il y a 4 ans

Hey Jack! You can actually create custom event categories. This would be a great way to detail what instrument is being taught. We'd be happy to walk you through the steps. Send an email to support@mymusicstaff.com or click "Help" in the top right-hand corner of your account and do a quick search for "custom event".

Mark
Music Partner (R.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 2-10 employés

Music Dancing Feet Partnership and My Music Staff - Life has become easier for both staff and pupils

Commentaires : The main benefit that we have found has been increased reliability of pupil attendance and an enhanced way of keeping track of lessons that need to be caught up.
It has made invoicing easier for both us as a business and for the pupils to see what they owe at a glance.
The Music Dancing Feet Partnership have been really pleased to have joined in partnership with My Music Staff, I would like to say thank you from all of our pupils and staff for making our lives easier.

The ease of use to link with pupils. With the ability to create lessons notes as you teach and email them for assistance with practice is a great benefit for both teacher and pupil. The Lesson reminders. the lesson reminder have a two fold benefit in that they reduce the number of no shows for lessons and ensure that pupils remember to let you know if they cannot attend to allow you the scope to offer other lessons to them and to fill their slot; it also gets a lot of correspondence to you in advance of the lesson so that you can have other material ready for the lesson in advance. Invoicing. This has proven to be a very reliable package for invoicing. Student records. A very easy way of keeping all notes up to date and to hand. Library facility I haven't had much call to use this yet but on the occasion that I have lent music out it is an invaluable way of keeping track of who has what. Blog This is an area that is looking to be exploited later in the year.

I have not really found any down sides to the software.

Jessica
Private Violin Teacher & Studio Owner (É.-U.)

A Game Changer for All Private Music Teachers

Commentaires : MMS has made running my own private studio a breeze. Everything I need for my studio is in one place, and the automation eliminates my need to spend hours at the computer or have a secretary. I can't imagine having to manage my studio any other way.

I love the billing process with My Music Staff! Before using MMS, I spent hours creating and sending invoices and then I would have to chase down payments every month. Now it creates and sends the invoices automatically each month and parents pay me on time, because they receive reminders and it is so easy for them to push a button and pay online. I was so surprised in my first month with MMS when parents were sending me payments while I was out enjoying my time off with family - I completely forgot that invoices had gone out already, and I was able to sit back and let MMS do all the work.

The only improvements that could be made to MMS is in the website section. I love the design and look of MMS, and that is one of the reasons I chose to use it. It looks so much better and it is so much easier to use than some of their competitors like Music Teacher's Helper. I even love the designs of MMS's ads on facebook and instagram, and the designs of their new printables. While the design for MMS is the best I have seen, the website template designs are not good. The designs look outdated and the personalization features are no where near Wordpress, Squarespace, or other website design companies. This issue is not a big deal breaker for me, because so many of the other features on MMS are fantastic, however it is the only section of MMS that I don't use.

Kaitlin
Cello Teacher (É.-U.)
Musique, Auto-entrepreneur

Awesome software. I couldn't live without MMS!

4,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : I've solved so many business problems with MyMusicStaff which have allowed me to spend less time on administrative work and more time teaching my students! I recommend this software to my other teacher friends all the time. This software is such a good value for the price and I love how they really put teachers' needs first!

The things I like most about MyMusicStaff are: - The ability for me to send professional-looking invoices to all of my students, ensuring that everyone pays me the correct amount and streamlining my billing process - The ability for students to reschedule their own lessons in the Student Portal - The ability to manage my schedule, leave lesson notes, track progress, handle billing, and use the practice timer all in one place

It takes a lot of time to manage on a daily basis, and sometimes it takes me several clicks to get where I need to go. For example, when navigating to the student view to view my Studio News posts, I have to... 1. Click on the 'Students' tab on the left 2. Click on one of my students' names 3. Navigate all the way to the right to where it says 'Student Portal' 4. Click on 'View As Student' 5. Wait for the student view to load 6. Click on the 'News and Blog Posts' bar And finally, see what I wanted to see. The email interface for writing emails within MMS is also a little bit weird. The user interface gets better and better all the time, though, and the staff is very good at responding to suggestions!

Dave
Drummer, composer & educator (Australie)
Musique, Auto-entrepreneur

Much More Than I Expected!

Commentaires : Part of my music teaching is done in a school that requires a rotating timetable so the students skip a different class each week for their music lesson. For years I tried communicating these times to students and parents in many ways, none of which seemed effective as there was a great deal of confusion and absenteeism. I searched frequently for some kind of notification system such as the one my dentist uses, but they were all very prohibitively expensive. One day, toward the end of 2014, one my searches turned up My Music Staff, which could send automated email event reminders for a low monthly fee. After using it for a while, I found unexpected features such as keeping track of attendance, make-up credits, lesson notes, providing downloads for students, an online student/parent portal, a sign-up widget, as well as integrated billing to be indispensable for the way I’m now able to run my studio.

What I like most about My Music Staff is the Lesson Notes function as it enables seamless continuity from lesson to lesson with each student, which, to me, is most the most important aspect of teaching.

As each feature in My Music Staff is likeable in its own way, the only reason why I like the Expense Tracker the least is because I use different accounting software and, therefore, have no need for it.

Ethan
Ethan
Business Owner (É.-U.)
Musique, 2-10 employés

Takes a lot of the guess work out of the admin work

Commentaires : My Music Staff helps make a running business simple with all the information set-up, default settings, and scheduling set-up. If it is only one person running all the administrative work while teaching, that normally can be a tall order to fulfill, but My Music Staff takes all the guess-work out of it. It's also very easy to manage other teachers if you have more than one person teaching in a studio. You can easily see how much they have worked, what students attend their lessons and which students do not on any given day and it makes it very simple to pay your employees with that information. Overall, I would strongly recommend this program to a brand new studio, but also wouldn't shy away from saying an established studio could get a lot out of using this program as well.

Scheduling and sending out invoices are never difficult and the organization of it all works fantastically.

I wish there were a few more options of things that I could do using the website builder, having few more customization options, but it certainly does work as a little better than just a plain placeholder website. Setting up the necessities for the website (showing studio address with a map, student/parent portal, interest forms, etc.) is very easy, but would like to see some more advanced options when it comes to the way text interacts with the page or how some pictures interact on a certain webpage.

Ian
Freelance Musician (R.-U.)
Musique, Auto-entrepreneur

My Music Staff Simplified My Life!

Commentaires : My Music Staff has allowed me to run an efficient business. Students play more because they are more engaged. Parents are happy because invoicing runs efficiently which also results in better cashflow for me as I'm not chasing people for money all the time!

It's incredibly easy to use and automatically allows you to present your business as that of a professional who cares about what they do. Invoicing is easy and professional and parents find it easy to pay me which makes my life a lot easier! My students love it because they they can engage with me in ways they previously couldn't allowing me to be their tutor for more than just 30 minutes a week. Parents love it because they know what's happening, can contact me easily and feel part of the child's musical journey. Plus it's really affordable. I attract and retain more students because of My Music Staff so it pays for itself.

I would like to be able to change the colouring of the website after logging in to match my own 'corporate' colours but that's a small thing.

Mary
Piano teacher (R.-U.)
Musique, Auto-entrepreneur

My first 10 months with My Music Staff.

Commentaires : Very happy to be on board. I was a member of Music Teachers Helper for more than 10 years but latterly I found that it became a little over complicated for me to follow.

The software was well explained and it was easy to try the basics out from the beginning. It is best to explore a little at a time initially, and gradually knowledge of optimising your system will build up, organising timetable/billing/etc concerts and parents are welcome. It is clear that help is easily at hand if you need assistance with questions.

I have run a website before and I was looking forward to doing it again with MMS. I’m still learning how to use all things available on MMS……and I have had some snags setting up parental access ..however I haven’t tried out all the ‘help’ yet. I have learnt to love the ‘video music”.. just

Simone
Simone
Managing Director (Australie)
Médecine douce, Auto-entrepreneur

Life saver!

Commentaires : Overally, My Music Staff completely streams my music teaching, making it so much easier to look up attendance, lesson notes, what repertoire they are working on or have requested, who has borrowed books, and most importantly, the invoicing saves me hours of work and has resulted in me getting paid on time - less manually chasing up parents who haven't paid. More parents are paying attention to what I have asked the students to do at home, whereas they never consulted the music diaries I used to write their assignments in. I couldn't live without it!

My Music Staff saves me SO much time! Automated billing and late payment reminders means I receive an income on time (and saves me hours each month when I used to manually create invoices for every student, sometimes late!), plus the central storage of notes means I don't have to rely on students bringing their music diaries along, which more often than not were forgotten at home.

Some aspects of the billing are fiddly and took a lot of trial and error to work out, such as trying to invoice for lesson books separately to lessons and not have the invoice coming out as already being paid when it wasn't.