Excellent software for innovation

Publié le 15/05/2019
Juan alejandro C.
Project Engineer
Design, 13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus de deux ans
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our business is on special designs for innovated processes that involved equipments and systems with structures that works in specific environments, so SkyCiv Structural 3D help us on the design with iteration process. We started of using SkyCiv Structural 3D when we developed a 6 m of diameter door for vacuum application with a huge hinge using just SkyCiv Structural 3D, it was the only option for designing on real time when we are welding and fabricating on shop, supporting the improvement process that changes the design every day.

Avantages: The easy way of modelling, ideal for experienced and non experienced designers.

Inconvénients: The mesh size when uses plates, I mean the most of the cases is just fine, but sometimes we design with our own plate design, so mesh and number of nodes are critical.

Great software for solving structural problems

Publié le 30/11/2016
Ottmar B.
Engineer
Matières plastiques, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am using the software to investigate the behavior of a construction given various elements to build it with. It is really easy to learn and you can use the built-in templates or make your own. It also allows the use of plates that can be meshed giving you a glimpse of FEA. The one thing that is outstanding is their service. Extremely helpful and going far beyond what you would expect in this day and age. I actually had one of the developers assist me, even making some drawings for me. I never had that happen with any software support and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

Avantages: Easy to learn, very flexible, great customer service, ability to specify custom materials

Inconvénients: While I have not explored it in detail it seems the DXF import feature needs some work

The program as well as the customer service is excellent !!

Publié le 13/04/2018
Mitch F.
Génie civil, 13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Ease of use and excellent results

Avantages: The ease of use and the presentation of the results are both awesome. I have had ongoing interaction with the support team and everyone is excellent !

Inconvénients: As with any program of this type it takes some time to really learn the functionality and become aware of everything it does, but, once you get there it is awesome.

Awesome!

Publié le 18/01/2016
Matthew V.
Support client

Commentaires: Had a really good experience with SkyCiv. I use the software for simple analysis and did not want to pay thousands of dollars. It helped me make simple checks (mainly deflections and bending stress) without having to hand calculate them. Highly recommend them, they were also very quick to reply to issues/questions as well.

This review concerns only the BEAM module.

Publié le 15/02/2016
Robert M.
Professor Emeritus
Support client

Commentaires: I used the Beam Module on a special project and it served my needs quite well. I like the way beam and loading information are entered into the program. Solving is pretty quick and the results look quite good. I will be using the software only occasionally because of the nature of my work.

Very Helpful and Useful Engineering Software

Publié le 18/02/2016
Christopher M.
Reliability and Improvement Engineer
Support client

Commentaires: I found SkyCiv very useful for some of the work I have been undertaking over the last few months. Big advantage was that I didn't have to commit to an expensive licence. Very easy to use and thorough results. Would highly recommend and will continue to use the software in the future.

Great software for analyzing forces in complex linkages

Publié le 18/02/2016
Vinay J.
Design and development engineer
Support client

Commentaires: The software is really great. It has saved a lot of time that I might have otherwise spent doing hand calculations.
The GUI is very user friendly and computation is also pretty fast.
It's really a must have software if you are designing complex linkages.

Have to be experienced in engineering

Publié le 17/07/2019
Simo O.
Civil Engineer
Génie civil, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Version d’essai gratuite
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Program is for users who are very much knowledge about engineering. For them it is very easy to make structural frames etc.

Inconvénients: Like any other program, it has its own difficulties like getting the structure in the 3d model.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par SkyCiv Engineering le 22/07/2019

Hi Simo,

Sorry to hear your experience was less than positive with only 3 stars. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so would like to see if there is anything we can do to turn this experience around for you.

We work really hard at creating an intuitive and easy user experience, but do understand that there may be limitations if the user isn't as knowledgable in structural engineering. The software is built for structural engineers, as the type of work the program does is very technical by nature.

So could I ask what the main challenges were? Is there anything we can do to improve in this area for engineers with less technical background?

Look forward to hearing your response.

User friendly and Accessible

Publié le 13/01/2016
Adrian W.
Engineer
Support client

Commentaires: We invested in this software because it looked like an easy way to generate beam calculations efficiently. We really like that the interface is user-friendly and intuitive. In addition, it's easily accessible due to it being web-based.

Marvelous!

Publié le 28/03/2016
Prabowo budi S.
Student
Support client

Commentaires: The software is very useful and its very very very easy to use even if im not so good at the other software, but i think if this software is cheaper enough i would like to buy it.
thats all.

Just what you need

Publié le 09/03/2016
Nitin A.
Student
Support client

Commentaires: It works wonders for civil and structural engineers who need someway to cross check their answers after finishing problems

Good software for modeling

Publié le 10/01/2019
Mechanical Engineering
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This tool is useful for modeling of structures and others. You cand do it quickly without many problems.

Inconvénients: Actually, I have not experienced any problem, but the interface can be more easy to use.

Very useful.

Publié le 15/03/2016
Thomas D.
N/A
Support client

Commentaires: Have only used it a few times but I find it very satisfying. It does everything I need.

Very Good

Publié le 05/03/2016
Edo O.
Support client

Commentaires: I'm enjoying using the free version.
I will soon upgrade.
Thank you .

This website really make me happy because my works became easier

Publié le 24/03/2016
Budiman P.
Quantity Surveyor
Support client

Commentaires: i like this website.
my works became easier

Perfect, and easy

Publié le 14/03/2016
Ali B.
Support client

Commentaires: Perfect and easy to deal with

full

Publié le 02/02/2016
Jose J.
student
Support client

Commentaires: The program is very good