Hightail - a business tool I can't live without.

Marianne L.
Chief Creative Guru & Experiential Evangelist
Design, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I think I said this above having all my work in one place is huge for me. I can be tracking 2,3,4,...7 jobs at a time so I need a solution that helps me to keep it all straight and streamline the process. I get this with Hightail. Add in the fact that I can customize each space and there is the opportunity for collaboration right there in the space that's a time saver that I can't say enough about. When approvals need to happen asap this allows me to get the content there as quickly as possible and approved so we can move ahead. Hightail is one of those business tools I can't live without.

Avantages: I love the ease of use for me. I'm a freelance Creative Director so it lets me customize content for my different clients per space while keeping in all in one accessible location for me. This helps me to streamline my process so it allows me to jump from job to job effortlessly. Also this allows me to share large files for immediate response and has the capabilities for there to be dialogue right there on the site again keeping all the content bundled in one easily accessible place.

Inconvénients: I have had issues with clients not understanding what they are supposed to do with the invite or link. Also I've heard they are asked to download the software if this is their first visit and from one person I was told he ended up with a reoccurring charge after viewing the link. As I'm not personally encountering these issues but I've also been using Hightail for years I'm concerned about this client side of the equation. I'm mostly hearing this from non-tech savvy clients but they are clients that need to be managed is there a way to make this even simpler for them?

Modern Review & Approval, Finally!

Publié le 31/01/2019
Sr. Instructional Designer, Retail Experience
Télécommunications, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: 1. Speed to Market – the ability to provide feedback and reviews within the Hightail platform, without downloading content brings final versions to frontline teams sooner and with greater quality than old review methods.
2. Ease of Use – from individual contributors, to SMEs, managers, directors and above, adoption has been easy, even when reviewers were not tech savvy, so approval requests don’t “bottleneck” when using the Hightail platform.
3. Accountability – tracking and managing comments and feedback in one secure location eliminates assumptions about design choices, and provides clear ownership between requestor and design team member.
4. Vendor Management – centralized, secure, controlled access between T-Mobile and vendors of creative content in collaboration with design teams makes managing vendor performance faster, easier, and more transparent.
5. Security and Speed – ensuring content review takes place in a shared, secure, and trackable space eliminates churn and delay caused by feedback being provided as attached docs or large files sent through various other means.
6. Error Reduction – secure and centralized spaces for feedback, reviews, and approvals in Hightail stops a patchwork of tools currently in use from causing errors related to file access and/or incorrect version management or tracking.
7. Increased Efficiency – removing several tools from the review and approval process with the use of Hightail reduces the number of actions required of design teams,

Avantages: A mobile-ready solution that makes it easy for peers, partners, stakeholders, and vendors to see work product all in one place. This centralized approach ensures everyone is offering feedback on the correct version of an asset, and seeing peers comments, which reduces redundancy, making the process faster. Assigning feedback to team members as an action item is great, and ensures people can work focus on what matters, in a prioritized manner. Approval flows, both linear and non-linear make it easy to get the feedback needed in a timely manner.

Inconvénients: Adding new team members to a space, based on the formatting of the introductory email is NOT ideal. The level of confusion for new users on 'where to start' or 'how to login' required additional emails and communication to ensure a smooth onboarding process. This level of effort wasn't extreme, but is the opposite of easy and has lead to some initial perception hurdles based caused by the way people feel about the solution, based on the poorly formatted and confusing 'welcome' email.

Customer since 2008

Sami K.
Senior Architect/Project Manager
Urbanisme et architecture, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been using this tool for 10 years, and have been an early subscriber since the days of yousendit
It has changed branding a couple of times but it got better overtime.
It is not the only cloud service I use, as I have Dropbox, Skydrive, Box and iCloud accounts.
However, the main reason I stick with Hightail is the ability to control access to the files very easily and selectively.
In other words, the most critical tool for me is the Express App. Then comes the folder sync, and lastly comes hightail spaces.
I know hightail is focusing on boosting hightail spaces and stopped improvements to folders, express and desktop sync, but it would be a mistake to think Hightail Spaces is the reason to stick with this app.
As for pricing, I have been grandfathered in an old account on auto renew, so I do not think I would buy Hightail st the current pricing given the competition with the other cloud apps and services.

Avantages: Unlimited Storage
Set expiry date.
Sync folders to desktop
Express app
Hightail Spaces
Perfect tool for desktop collaboration.

Inconvénients: Not intuitive on mobile devices.
The tracking app on iPhone and iPad cannot be used to forward files sent earlier from Tracker app, where it used to be possible to do so in yousendit app (the prior brand/software) but hightail rewrote the API and disabled that functionality.
While perfect on desktop, on mobile browsers the site does not format correctly within the window and text stays outside viewing area.

Hightail helps with transcontinental video documentary projects

Steven S.
Educational Television Producers
Production audiovisuelle, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Excellent, Hightail's an incredibly useful and wonderful video production convenience. I live in west Michigan and I've been privileged to film many concerts in San Jose, California during the past decade. The conductors I work with like to be able to review the editing of their concert videos. The availability of Hightail has proven to be an exceptionally fast and economical way to do that. In the past I'd edit a concert video here in west Michigan and would then send a preview DVD, a very time consuming & slow process. With Hightail I can quickly and efficiently send the conductors an edit of their concert, in standard definition video format, which they can preview and review online wherever they might be. Then conventional DVDs are made. The development of Hightail's become a tremendous & practical utility for transcontinental video production efforts, imho :)

Avantages: Convenience, ease of use, control of content distribution, statistical information about numbers of views and/or downloads.

Inconvénients: On one recent occasion a choral concert music video file was uploaded and recipients found the audio and video were not in sync while using the "view" feature on Hightail. The video file could be downloaded successfully with the audio & video in sync. It was only while using the "view" feature that the audio and video were not in sync. The "sync" issue could have been due to the encoding by the server at Hightail or more likely is a problem that happens with uploading a video file in the Apple H.264 codec. Video files encoded by Apple Final Cut using the "Pro Res" codecs have not had audio-video synchronization problems. So we may have found one area where the Hightail file sharing software might need revision to handle H.264.

SO Much Easier than Dropbox

Michael M.
musician
Divertissement, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I send and receive audio files all the time and there is never a problem.

Avantages: Its ease of use. Whether sending or receiving audio files there's never a problem.

Inconvénients: Well, it would be nice if it were free....

Reliable Media Sharing Platrom.

An W.
Media Specialist
Services et technologies de l'information, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: With hightail, we are using their service as a way to effectively deliver large media files to clients. Spaces are used for when we hire contractors, especially for overseas productions shoots. They are able to drop videos in to share with us. Overall our experience with HIghtail has been great!

Avantages: We worked with Hightail when they were known as YouSendIt and stuck with them after they rebranded. Their uploading services have always been reliable, and their constant updates and new features have kept our creative studios' workflow current and created more efficiencies. (spaces, video commenting/feedback) The receipt that is sent to our main inbox everytime we send a file is also great in that we are able to track projects and give us the piece of mind that the file actually sent. The expiration option ensures that we don't overload our spaces.

Inconvénients: Viewing videos using mobile via their app is not the greatest experience and could be better optimized. No true full screen and slightly clunky, but nothing that can't be easily worked around.

Stepping Up Provide for Customer Needs

Trisha K.
Teacher of the Wisdom
E-learning, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am teaching classes to students all around the world with Hightail, without ever leaving my desk. No TSA. No hotels. No airport delays. Just high efficiency and productivity.

Avantages: When I need to be able to deliver a large file, whether graphic or media, HighTail delivers. Fast. Efficient. Handled. Period.

Inconvénients: When I need to deliver a file to multiple clients, I cannot create a group. I must type in every last email every single time. I have better things to do with my time. There used to be a group option, just like there used to be folder options. I have called. I have written. I have been told "sorry, we can't do that" and "sorry, we don't offer that." Those are not the answers I want. As my clientele grows, Hightail is holding me back. These are simple requests. Either Hightail will prioritize them, or I will be forced to find someone who will. Hope you're listening this time…

Couldn't work globally without Hightail

Publié le 09/07/2019
Craig B.
Principal
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I produce research-based thought leadership and content (NOT fake news...but content based on actual data from surveys or interviews with experts of groups of experts). Hightail provides an easy mechanism for me to store, distribute, share and catalog my material at all stages of the production journey. I can also get hold of files instantly in a client meeting, or at an aiport or hotel whilst travelling. I find it extremely helpful in maintaining productivity

Avantages: Hightail makes it very easy for me to share and send very large files containing high quality graphics, video clips and text to my clients and associates around the world...and getting feedback and updates back quickly as well.

Inconvénients: There are a lot of features and functions I haven't explored yet - so it's too early to criticise

USER FRIENDLY

Ric W.
Impression, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: With Hightail, I do not need to maintain a ftp site. Hightail is my ftp site.

Avantages: I enjoy using the Hightail platform to send large files to clients and for clients to send large files to my firm. Art files for printing can be extremely large in size making email incompatible for sending. I can upload to Hightail and send in very short time to a client and they will get an email with a link to download. One of the benefits is the client can just download with out having to populate a form with all sorts of personal information. Additionally when I send a file I can immediately get a copy of the download link and email that to others or to the recipient explaining what has been uploaded. Another benefit is that I can email my client a link to upload files to me taking the place of having to maintain my own ftp site. The Hightail platform is USER FRIENDLY for both my staff and my clients staff. I have been using it for years and still see it as a WIN-WIN software program.

Inconvénients: So far there is nothing that i have encountered that I do not like or interferes with my use.

Excellent Service

Adele H.
Équipement et fournitures de bureau, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am very happy with it and I have been using it for many years.

Avantages: I run a transcription agency and my customers find it very easy to use my uplink, they like that it is a secure service. I like it because lately it has been a very stable platform to use in sending audio files to my colleagues. I also like that it that it shows a record of files having been sent and confirmation of receipt of files.

Inconvénients: I dislike the black background of the website, it is not easy to see, especially on my monitor. It is also a bit muddled. It is difficult to do a search on files having been sent without scrolling down the page. They also used to send out alerts if they had a problem but this has now stopped.

I couldn't work without Hightail.

Robin I.
Design graphique, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been very happy with Hightail and have used it for years. I also included the Uplink on my website so clients can upload large files to me.

Avantages: Hightail is very easy to use and the recipient doesn't need to have permission or the software or anything else to get my files. It is also very easy for them to forward the email to someone else. This is very helpful when I send large files to my client for printing. They can just forward the email on to their printer.

Inconvénients: There are occasional problem when clients upload files to Hightail - Uplink. I've had several clients complain that they aren't able to upload more than 7-8 jpgs at a time. It is very frustrating and they usually give up and use Google or Dropbox.

The Best Non-High End Transfer Service

Chris C.
Founder/Re-Recording Mixer
Films et cinéma, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I transfer a lot of data per month, and need that data to be very secure. I can't justify the cost of something like Aspera in my small business, and after trying many other transfer services during a time when Hightail was going through some major growing pains realized that this is the best transfer service for what I'm trying to accomplish. There are still things that could be improved, but overall it's an excellent product and one I have recommended to clients many times over the nearly 9 years I've used the service.

Avantages: I like that you can easily track files and that it tells you how long it's going to take for the upload to complete.

Inconvénients: I cannot stand that you are not able to create paragraphs in messages that go along with what you're sending. I also slightly prefer the functionality of the old Hightail Express app to the Hightail Spaces app. Another bummer is that when someone comments on a video for feedback (when there are multiple video files in an upload) that you do not keep them all together. It sends a separate email for each one and is enormously time consuming to sift through volume projects if feedback is used in the app.

My Review on Hightail

Publié le 30/04/2019
Macylyna N.
Chief communications Officer
Enseignement supérieur, 201-500 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This software has allowed us to securely send large emails.It is easy to use and has a nice user friendly interface.

Avantages: One thing that excites me the most about hightail is the security feature it has. With the tool one can protect the file from unwanted third party by having document password that are only accessible by the intended recipient. With the tool one is also able to track email from who, where and when the email was downloaded.
Another thing that excites me is the ability to share large files. This is one of the key thing that made us purchase this tool. With it you are able to compress large document and send them easily. The other parties in the receiving end are also able to download it easily and fast.

Inconvénients: I hate that the links shared expires very quickly.
The support team is also not interactive.

Hightail is superior

Cheryl S.
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés

Commentaires: great

Avantages: I can send large quantities of documents to my client and they do NOT have to sign up for a paid subscription. Super easy to use. I can also send my clients my link where they can easily upload to my account. I also love the easy of use seeing the history and being able to forward previously uploaded files to another person. I have tried dropbox (do not like much) and box (same...do not like much) and find hightail far superior.

Inconvénients: Recently, I have heard feedback from first time hightail users that are my clients that when I send them a link, they are confused with the popups that make it seem like they have to set up an account. I have not verified this but if this is true, then that is definitely a minus.

The best investment I've made!

Monnica S.
Self employed/Minister
Institutions religieuses, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am loyal to Hightail which says a lot. When I joined it was called You Send it and then Hightail and I guess there is a new name now. I will always call it Hightail. Its outstanding service. Thank you.

Avantages: I love Hightail and have been a customer for a few years. The monthly rate is great and I hope and pray that you don't raise your prices. I have NO complaints. It's easy and its fast. Thank you Hightail!

Inconvénients: Oh only one time the file I sent didn't make it to the recipient. Another time the desktop app didn't work. I got an error message and had to start over typing in the directions inside the text window. I called and I was helped by fantastic customer support and or tech support. Thank you.

Hightail has botched Spaces rollout and customer support is weak

Publié le 23/10/2017
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Inconvénients: From my latest support ticket with Hightail: I am sad to report that uninstalling and reinstalling Hightail did not change the circumstances. I was not able to find the Hightail Desktop App for download. All I found was Hightail Express. If that is not the correct file, please tell me when I can find the link to download the app Hightail is recommending. My desktop Hightail folders are still incomplete and missing files. In addition, when I try to download multiple items from Hightail, I usually get one of two errors:
1. The download aborts with the following error code: {"code":500,"message":"There was an error processing your request. It has been logged (ID db8396e73d0bacc3)."}
2. The download completes and reports that nn files have been downloaded, but when I extract the zip file, only 1 or 2 files appear, not the full set of files selected for download.
All the other problems remain. Hightail continues to make dozens of copies of individual files. Deleting duplicates on both Hightail and the desktop does not change this behavior. This is very frustrating, and it is keeping me from working efficiently. It is consuming my high-speed bandwidth allocation from my ISP, which then reduces my internet access from 4G to 3G speeds, further slowing down my work. The lack of phone support, the lack of a remote session to review the state of my machine, and the ineffectiveness of Hightail’s responses to date are quite disappointing. At this time I am getting little to no value from Hightail.

Hightail has been supporting my business for years

Rachel S.
Business Owner- Therapist
Médecine douce, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It solves the problem of sending large audio files to clients, I love it. So simple and easy and no storage my end.

Avantages: I love that I can send client audio files ( Readings and recordings of Private Consults) effortlessly via Hightail. It sends me a link that I can send on to clients and use for group recordings multiple times.
I love it is so fast and that there is no expiry date.

Inconvénients: It's getting easier for clients to figure out how to download it,
some are a bit wary of the technology and I have to repeatedly tell people how to get their file, it maybe could do with clearer instructions for the receiver to download or listen.

The most reliable tool.

Jan K.
cameraman/editor
Télécommunications, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As a videographer/editor Hightail has been my primary, and most reliable tool for sending video to customers around the world. I have used the product since it was known as YouSendIt, and it has always worked. Hightail has improved over time. Recently on a filming assignment to Eastern Syria, Hightail proved to be the best. The correspondent used another service, which failed to go through for sending the edited reports. I told him: Let me try it with Hightail, and it uploaded quickly and efficiently.

Avantages: Hightail has proven to be the most reliable tool for transferring video material around the world.

Inconvénients: A minor complaint was that sometimes it was difficult to change pages within Hightail, but this was improved.

Hightail Spaces are lost in space

Publié le 17/07/2019
Rita E.
Comptabilité, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I really liked Hightail before they started messing with a great product that included an Outlook add on tool. So easy to securely share files. Now file sharing requires logging into hightail. My customers complained that they were prompted to set up a Hightail account before they could access shared files.

Avantages: Hightail has a very user friendly uplink portal. And it is very reasonably priced software for a small business.

Inconvénients: Started with "yousendit" originally and then the file sharing company reinvented itself with a name change that had no identification related to file sharing. Also, Hightail had a great Outlook add on tool that they abandoned out of the blue.

Semi-Tech Challenged Retired Guy

Frederick P.
Owner/PaulyGirl Fastpitch
Sports, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I can sell my products electronically/digitally. I no longer need to create DVD's and physically mail them. It really saves time and expense.

Avantages: I use it for a hobby business I have. I send training videos to customers using Hightail. The upload and sending speed is great. I can fulfill several orders while I am sitting drinking my morning coffee.....it is just to easy.

Inconvénients: I would love it if this software allowed me to send but not give the customer the ability to download/save/share.....but rather had the ability to allow someone access to view for a set amount of time.

HighTail - Easiest way to share large files

Publié le 31/01/2018
Tapan J.
Data Analyst
Internet, 1 001-5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I love that there is no restraint on storage capacity with Hightail. I can chose file of any size and share it will any number of recipients keeping a tab on who is doing what with my file. It also allows me to share a file with someone for a specific period of time. It also offer plugins so that it can be integrated within your email service so that one can share large files directly from within an email. Another feature which sets it apart from other cloud storage providers is that it also offers digital signature capability and one can read and sign the shared documents from within Hightail. So documents never leave Hightail servers and remain secure.

Inconvénients: Hightail keeps the individual files encrypted all the time through it's sophisticated encryption technology but it doesn't allow me to generate my own encryption keys which would have made me feel more in control over my data. Customer support is also very delayed and I have faced multiple instances when the service was down.

Great service

Jason G.
Photographie, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I send images daily and j have photographers who work for me send me images. But I'd my customers are not happy I'm not happy. They need to ba able to download the images quickly and easily without signing up for anything.

Avantages: Asa professional photographer I rely on sending images to customers your service has been great.

Inconvénients: A significant number if customers have difficulty downloading the images. They dont want to sign up for anything they just want to see their images. Sending large files is still awkward and takes a long time to download.

One of the best collaboration tools out there

Javier O.
Musique, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The concept of dedicated 'Spaces'. I work with dozens of clients and each one has their own space, with its own URL.

Inconvénients: I wish I could have folders or "sub-spaces" within a space. At the moment, I need to constantly delete old files off of each space to keep things clean when I have to upload new files. Sub-spaces would allow me to keep things organized even as I add new files.

Satisfied User

Nikki G.
Business Owner
Design, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall easy to use, love it.

Avantages: I've been using this software for most of my career. Back when it was yousendit, I find it's a great way to send proofs and get a visual confirmation of receipt and that they are capable of commenting directly onto proofs

Inconvénients: The only complaint I have is that I have a lot of contacts and I can't seem to delete or remove old addresses. That is rather frustrating, but used to it so not a deal breaker. If that was corrected that would be the best!!

Hightail Makes My Life Easier!

Publié le 09/07/2019
Nick O.
Médias de diffusion, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am always sending large files to numerous clients every workday, and Hightail makes it easy to do.

Avantages: With but a few (and I do mean very few) instances, Hightail has worked exceptionally well for me and my needs to transfer numerous large files frequently. Reliable, easy to use, and affordable, Hightail is my choice over all the other available services.

Inconvénients: In the 12 plus years I have used Hightail (and it predecessor, yousendit) I really can't think of any, offhand.