Avis clients sur Realm

4,2 /5
  • Service client
    4,6 /5

En savoir plus sur Realm

Realm propose des fonctions de tenue de registre de base pour fournir au personnel les outils dont il a besoin pour gérer les activités quotidiennes de l'église.

En savoir plus sur Realm

235 avis affichés

Jilliane P.
Business Administrator
  • Publié le 12/06/2018

"Realm has been an excellent resource for our congregation and staff."

Avantages: We use Realm Connect - the level that allows for congregants to log in and use the app feature as well. Realm is easy to use and intuitive to figure out. The staff love being able to get to it anywhere and that they can even work on their phones on things if needed. Realm has features that make life easier for church staff, while also allowing the congregation to connect with each other. The Realm development team is always looking at ways to make it easier for people to know where to go, while also trying to find ways to make the church staff's lives easier as they input the data. Additionally, the support staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. I rarely have to wait for support help and if they cannot fix an issue while I am on the phone with them, they are quick to follow back up.

Inconvénients: There are still areas they are building out and things that are not there yet. For example, today we tried to copy a list of people from a registration event into a group roster as the group decided they wanted to be able to communicate with each other during the study. This was not a feature that was available yet, so the person entering the data had to manually add the people to a group. But, they have an enhancement request portal where Realm staff users can enter ideas in on what to change or add and they follow that portal very closely. The things that are not there yet are a small trade-off in my mind, as overall Realm is incredible software. And knowing that those things will come soon makes it easier for me to help my staff realize that if they can be patient for a little bit longer, everything will be in one place. They really like that!

• Publié le 12/06/2018
Dave S.
Worship Pastor
    Sans note
  • Publié le 30/10/2020

"A decent web-based database"

Commentaires: The customer service has been good, and their demo was reasonably well done, though their app crashed for their employee multiple times. I asked some tough questions about features that they said they were still building, and they admitted that they really couldn't compete with planning center in terms of a service planning module, but other things seem pretty good. My preference would have been Planning Center overall, but our finance people pushed us towards Realm because of some of the options on that side, so I'm living with it and trying to figure out how to manage my volunteers and services in planning center while keeping our main database and pathways on Realm. It's not ideal, but Realm doesn't seem bad per say. One oddity was that Realm's marketing pitch included the fact that they were a family business. I love families, but "family business" to me is a point against when I'm dealing with a software development company - as a user I want excellence of design and programming with great customer service, not friendly staff who are also designing software. That being said, we haven't had any significant issues or feature limitations yet!

Avantages: Because we were previously on ACS, it was easy to import previous data. The online interface is much friendlier than the old version, and it generally has good features and capabilities, but as with any database/CRM, it's all in how you set it up and implement use. Overall, it's a solid choice.

Inconvénients: Being a Planning Center Services user who's dabbled in other Planning Center products, I prefer the integration and user interface of planning center. Overall Realm feels more PC than Mac - sturdy, but not as pretty and at times a bit frustrating with the number of clicks you need to do to get to where you want to go. It's functional, but it feels like it'll take longer for people to learn how to set things up and do things properly, which will impede good rollout and ultimately depth of functionality because of that.

• Publié le 30/10/2020
G. H.
Financial Assistant
  • Publié le 10/01/2020

"Serious Gaps"

Commentaires: Frustration is the best word that describes my experience with Realm. Frustration on finding information, frustration on looking for help, and frustration even on the help desk. When I write an email, it is almost as if I am getting a computer response telling me only a simplistic response that does not consider my question on the background that I provided.
It seems that my complaints fall on unconcerned ears when i express them to the Staff.

Avantages: I like the ability to use a check scanner with the giving software

Inconvénients: There are serious gaps in the way Realm relays information. When certain payments are made online, the software does not notify the Administrator of their receipt. I have to go and look for the payments (such as VBS registrations) without the software telling me that it has come in. Then it does not list the deposits from the registrations, only the individuals that made payment, after I go outside the giving module. Our checking account has been out of balance because of this.
Also the giving statements allow very little configuration. The pledge set ups do not allow for change. Nor can you easily go back to a previous screen or report that you had to navigate from.
I do not find the software intuitive, and often have to search for long times to get information that I need,
The searching seems fragmented and not easily connected.
When i edit a previous gift I do not get a notification or ability to print out a report so I can do a journal entry so we can keep our records balanced.
The online help is entirely worthless. It lags far behind many other help searches that I use for software.
I feel that I am forced to call the help desk. Usually after searching for at least a half hour down many dead ends, the I call the help line and there's another 30 minutes explaining my problem. And another 20 minutes hearing the condescending comments telling me that I have to not expect REALM to preform according to my expectations.
It is not seamless, nor is the contribution

• Publié le 10/01/2020
William B.
IT/AV Tech
  • Publié le 05/09/2019

"Realm is a good church database"

Commentaires: Overall Realm is a good a product. It was first rolled out to small churches and it shows that. It seems that the programmers and decision makers still look at the small churches instead of larger churches when adding features.

Avantages: It is a communication tool as well as a database. They keep improving Realm. Ease of finding duplicate entries. Customer support is the best in the industry.

Inconvénients: There are many features that larger churches need to use the software the best and Realm does not seem to be in any hurry to provide those features. They make larger churches figure out work arounds which is never good. Difficult to get the needed reports for our auditor each year. Contributions is not done by the best practices for debits and credits. They line through entries when a charge back is made at the bank instead doing a debit, which shows a money trail for audit purposes.

Karen S.
Director of Finance and Administration

"REALM is Easy"

Commentaires: We enjoy the products ability for us to track giving, children/youth that are registered to track for attendance. We track worship service attendance that is required by our Diocese and of course giving is imperative and the system allows us to do this an efficient matter.

Avantages: The best part of the feature that all religious institutions could benefit from is the giving module. The online giving is very easy and user friendly and processing of the gifts is very easy for the administrators of the church. We recently rolled out groups and have a BETA group using it. They are very excited about the capabilities and have added their own members and published documents for them to use and communicate. We use the product for event registration and that process has been easy as well, it is intuitive and provides a lot of options for tailoring to particular event needs.

Inconvénients: Currently the serving module needs to be built out more for us to fully utilize it. We are trying to avoid having the serving team send emails back and forth about coverage and needs. We also would like more customizable features when it comes to background color and newsletter type communications.

Joy P.
Parish Administrator
  • Publié le 03/03/2020

"Realm Software"

Commentaires: I have had a positive experience with Realm. I have not had any questions that couldn't be answered or any tasks that could not be accomplished.

Avantages: The software is extremely easy to use. I appreciate the Realm help center and Ministry Smart training platform. The software was easy to implement and to train others to use. Switching to Realm went smooth; I had no issues developing my chart of accounts, producing financials, recording a pledge campaign and pledges. Our membership data base stays up to date with the access our members have to the software. Our directory is never out of date.

Inconvénients: I have not found any missing features. The software was easy to impliment.

• Publié le 03/03/2020
Deborah B.
Administrative Assistant

"Enjoying using Realm"

Commentaires: Our admin staff is really enjoying using Realm. We're always excited when we discover something new. Makes our jobs easier, better, and more interesting. We are looking forward to launching Realm Connect to our entire church.

Avantages: Easy to use
Ability to add notes to profiles
Excellent reports capabilities
Pathways!!
Groups functionality
Communication capabilities

Inconvénients: Don't like that so many things come up on my tasks for pathways in particular. If I am a step leader it comes up on my tasks even if I'm not responsible for that step.

Brett H.
Treasurer
  • Publié le 25/09/2020

"Good church financial produce...still needs some work."

Commentaires: Overall, I really enjoy Realm. The ease of use is my number one thing. It has cut my time down by half from the previous software.

Avantages: I love that Realm is cloud based and can be used anywhere. Everything is in one place instead of having several different programs to pull together.

Inconvénients: Other financial software programs offer better ability to edit transaction that have already been processed. In Realm, you have to completely void and reenter it. Church Windows offered greater ability.

• Publié le 25/09/2020
Angela H.
Accounting Assit
Institutions religieuses, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 19/11/2019

"Combined all of our software into one product."

Commentaires: We are doing much less duplicate work,

Avantages: We were using so many different products to do our daily tasks. None of which spoke to the other. Now we have all of our work in one place and we can see the big picture.

Inconvénients: Not be able to choose what label you will be printing to or the ability to print on envelopes.

• Publié le 19/11/2019
Yvonne M.
Administrative Secretary
  • Publié le 26/05/2020

"Realm is Excellent!"

Commentaires: Realm allows us to keep current our members data and contributions in a flash so reports are always up to date. The support center is amazing, always there to help even with on screen assistance. The Connect mobile app allows you to call members in your group from your cell phone. There is so much that Realm does through the dashboard, reports, attendance, check-in, giving, its just endless. We've used Realm from the beginning and updates and new features are always being added.

Avantages: Being able to work in the software from the church office or home made this a game changer. Having the use of the mobile app has taken it to a new level. From the administration side reports are so easy and communication in ministry groups amazing.

Inconvénients: I honestly can say Realm is covering so many areas I have no complaints. We started with ACS Technologies before the Realm roll out.

• Publié le 26/05/2020
Andrew N.
Director of Membership
Institutions religieuses, 1 001-5 000 employés
    Sans note
  • Publié le 05/03/2020

"Church Membership Projects and Sacraments"

Commentaires: I work on our membership records, groups, the Realm app, events, registrations, classes, and even meals. I able to schedule all of these in Realm and push them out to a congregation of over 4,000 with relative ease.
As a communications tool for a large congregation, Realm is our software of choice.

Avantages: I like that, when used properly, Realm allows us to create profiles and provide a 360-degree story of a member's engagement with our church. Births, baptisms, marriages, deaths are dome of the events that we need to tell a member's story. Using the attachment feature allows us to attach all letters, documents, certificates, an communications that allow us to tell these stories. Realm allows us the option to digitally replicate the traditional church records and ledgers that we keep. It allows all of these documents to be easily accessed by out staff. We also find that Realm is critical to our mission when we are preparing for our annual Charge Conference. Being able to pull reports and statistics through setting up custom queries is critical to this mission. I also like that we can add specific attributes, roles, and committee descriptions that apply to the life and the ministries of our church. I taken on a project of digitizing decades of church records and documents and connecting them to member profiles. I would never have been able to accomplish this with such ease and accuracy if I did not have Realm as my primary software.

Inconvénients: There is an occasional hiccup where we receive error messages, such as "504 Gateway Timeout" or "Internal Error." These are usually easily resolved when we contact the service center.

Loseke L.
Director of Connections
  • Publié le 19/08/2019

"Good product and always improving"

Commentaires: Tech support is very helpful if you just need basic help in making something work. They don't seem to know the "big picture" to make suggestions or improvements on what you are asking. However their developers are very accessible, so I like that I can reach someone else with a question or when I need guidance on setting up something.

Avantages: It is very user-friendly and easy to train new employees on it.
Being a new product, they are constantly updating and improving on the features.
It was developed from years of software experience, so it is very relevant in everyday church use.

Inconvénients: Several of the newer releases address needs we've been asking for, but they are done in a somewhat complicated way. It addresses the need, but not as directly and simply as I would like.
I feel like they need to take a step back from some new features and refine and improve what they currently offer.

• Publié le 19/08/2019
Judy J.
Parish Adminstrator
  • Publié le 20/07/2019

"Realm - Excellent Church Software"

Commentaires: Realm has facilitated communication in the church and is extremely versatile given its use on a computer or mobile device. By enabling parishioners to directly engage with each other, with their own profile and church groups they are in - it not only provides the staff with a powerful software tool, but enables the entire church to engage and connect. This is probably the greatest strength of Realm: its function as a staff tool (database management and financial accounting) as well as ability to create engagement, connection and community within the parish. All in one place.

Avantages: Realm is exceptionally easy to learn and use - and it's relevant to how a church operates its ministries as well as how a church manages its finances and its people database. Developers solicit input from users for program enhancements and continue to release new functionality that just makes the software better and better. Both the database management component (how we manage the people in our church) as well as the financial accounting component are exceptional. The bonus is how the functionality also supports how we operate our ministries (managing volunteers, coordinating education opportunities, communication and engagement)

Inconvénients: Not sure I've found anything I don't like. At this point, Realm continues to amaze me.

• Publié le 20/07/2019
Joshua H.
Office Administrator
  • Publié le 08/03/2018

"Tremendous organizational tool! A bit lacking in some desired features and user-friendliness."

Avantages: Realm has been our only experience with CHMS and it has been well worth every penny. As a small church of about 200, we know there's so much more that this software is capable of doing that we simply do not have a need for at present. We love the organization Realm has given internally to our church staff and volunteers. The ability to track giving (both regular offering and pledge funds) through Realm is very sound and ensures accuracy in our financial record keeping. It also makes creating and sending year end giving statements a breeze! This software seemingly has no ceiling in its ability to query any information we want to gather from our people (as long as we have imputed the information when adding profiles). We can then quickly generate a report from that information that is easily shareable. Creating groups is also a great feature that has helped us, internally, better understand who is doing what and has subsequently helped us to be more intentional and effective in our communication. Routine tasks that we use Realm for on a weekly/daily basis include: recording giving, finding pertinent information about our people, generating reports/labels, adding profiles of our people and assigning them to groups, and communicating via Realm's email feature with various groups in our church.

Inconvénients: The calendar is not as functional as we had hoped and does not allow for integration with Google Calendars. This has led to our avoiding any use of Realm's calendar. We have also not made use of the Events feature in Realm as there is no public-facing side of Events Registration (that we have found) that could tie in with our church website. The interface is not very intuitive/user-friendly and has held us back from opening up the software for use by more volunteers to handle tasks such as Check-in and Pathway's. This has also prevented us from allowing group leaders to manage their own groups' members, record attendance, coordinate events or activities, or to communicate directly with one another. The online giving feature does not currently allow for any embed code to make for a more seamless online giving experience.

• Publié le 08/03/2018
Jenn B.
Director of Ministry Process Development
Institutions religieuses, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 09/08/2017

"Congregational Care Tool"

Commentaires: Realm is the key tool to care for our congregation in intentional ways.

Avantages: First we love that all of our systems are now in one place. Moving from running ACS OnDemand, AccessACS, and The City to just using Realm has created efficiency. Realm has allowed better care of our large congregation and opportunities for closing the back door. That's what we like most. With nearly 4,000 attenders on a weekend, knowing when people are disconnecting is difficult. With easy attendance through the app for all of our classes/events/offerings, and indications coming to the surface in reports when people begin to disengage, we can intentionally follow up with them for potential ministry opportunity. Along the same lines, being able to have family/individual profiles which really show a complete picture of a person and their involvement, along with what processes they're involved in, what events they've attended, what milestones they've met, and any notes pertinent to pastoral care for them as individuals, we are in a better position to care for our congregation than ever before. Dashboard reports are great and put a lot of actionable data at ministry leaders fingertips.

Inconvénients: Communication via Realm needs some minor improvements. The ability to share a message with multiple groups is missing at present. The option to reply to an email notification and have the message go back to the original thread in Realm is missing. Those two improvements would make a big difference in communication, as well as the ability to "feature" a post within a group to make it stay at the top of the group's News Feed. Need to be able to turn off ability to comment on a particular post, yet not delete it -- something that's informative in nature, but we're not necessarily looking for responses on. Emails coming out of Realm need to be more customizable to have the look and feel the sender is going for. Calendar/events in Realm needs some help too. We are not to the point yet where we could use it as the one place to see events, as it's listing all service times and things we don't necessarily want to show in the events listing (things that are a given and don't need to be listed as events -- however they have to be in there so attendance can be marked/entered). A few enhancements need to be made in event registration as well, though it has come a long way.

• Publié le 09/08/2017