Zoho Inventory for Trading business and Manufacturing concerns

Abid A.
Group Head of Finance
Produits alimentaires, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Though I am still exploring ZOHO Inventory but the best part was ease of use and instant impact on inventory management.

Avantages: 1- Its best for the Trading business.
2- The best thing is the ease of use. you don't have to be an accountant or a professional inventory manager to understand this software.
3- It is real-time. You don't have to wait for a department or server to process the command so that the information gets reflected.
4- Any prior period adjustment of cost or quantity, automatically adjust the costing and all the other accounts.
5- The best feature of Zoho is availability of customer service 24/7
6- For bulk data, you don't have to key in one by one. You just have to arrange the whole data in a specific format and upload it.
7- Composite items is the Bill of Material, which is gives you the option of calculating variances.
8- If you want to add an extra material, other than what is defined in the standard formula, you can do that.
9- The warehouse option helps you to keep track of inventory in each warehouse. While invoicing your customer, you can select the specific warehouse.
10- It is very well integrated with the ZOHO Books.
11- The Taxes can also be handled easily through Inventory module

Inconvénients: 1- For large organizations where multiple levels of warehouses exist and they require different approvals before issuance and receiving of materials or products, ZOHO inventory doesn't seems to provide that functionality.
2- You cannot print delivery notes on ZOHO Inventory, for that you have to go to ZOHO Books.
3- If you want to receive a product on multiple purchase orders together, you cannot. You have to receive the product of one purchase order at a time.
4- You can specify a purchase or sales price of a product but you cannot specify that as per the supplier of customer.

Very complete management system. Take a while to set up and the integration with vendors is tough.

Publié le 20/03/2018
Peter V.
COO
Automobile, 2-10 employés
Support client

Commentaires: Currently none because of frustration with setting everything up and some roadblocks I have run into. I really want to get this up and running so I can implement throughout my organization but the current challenges are driving me nutz.

Avantages: Very complete! I like the overall feel and UI for this software. I like how it was thought about and implemented. I like that it offers many integrations and generally can do nearly everything I need it to do. I like how it is like lego's, I can select one module and then when ready set up another Zoho module and they will work together. Over all I like the product.

Inconvénients: Set up documentation could use some work. Getting stuck when so close to complete caused me to stop using it due to frustration. When returning, my trial was over before I completed the setup. I am not going to purchase until I know it will work and meet my needs. So now I am stuck using the free version when I want more. Meaningful documentation and/or help and I would already be a customer using the software. Instead I am aggravated and frustrated figuring out what my next step is. Use Zoho or look elsewhere.

Best I've Found

Publié le 06/07/2019
Kelly C.
Mode et vêtements, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Prior to using Zoho I had never kept track of my expenses aside from the cost of the inventory itself. With Zoho Books, I've been able to keep track of my intangibles as well as physical inventory.

Avantages: I have tried out so many different accounting software apps, and this is the one I've found works the best for me. I have a very small business, just me, and the revenue is still pretty low. So it is such a relief that my entire budget doesn't have to go to monthly fees, and that I didn't have to take the time to build my own. So many great features, and the developers are constantly adding new things, (that you can vote on!). I've only had to contact customer service a few times, but the times I have, they have been very personable and patient.

Inconvénients: My only feature that I really need is that I need to be able to delete custom fields even after I've used them. I've added some fields that were later added by the developers, and that means that even though I'm not using them anymore, that's one custom field slot used up.

Just the kind of business apps that any small-medium biz would need

Publié le 13/04/2019
Vallabhan C.
Ops
Articles de sport, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our startup has small teams,some of who work in different locations. We have been comfortably managing our core ops on Zoho Books & Inventory very well. Our management team also has access to data at all times. The mobile app is an excellent add-on that comes for free. It supports bar code scanning, which is a blessing if you need to handle several SKUs and process large orders. I had initially tried Quick Books paired with a third-party inventory module, but I got tired of it quickly and had to drop it. Zoho wins over competitors hands down !

Avantages: It handles most day to day business processes of any product/service business with ease. The UI is very clean and easy to use. It is very unlikely that you would come across software bugs

Inconvénients: For its scope and target segment, I have to really try hard to say something negative about Zoho Inventory.

More funtionality than some of the programs out there.

Publié le 17/05/2019
Bob G.
Production alimentaire, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Version d’essai gratuite
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: So far so good, it the product that we have selected for our business and has met our needs. We tried several others but choose this one and have been happy. The product is dependable and has not had any glitches so far. We would recommend this products to other users.

Avantages: We tried several products however most of them lack the function of being able to track items needed to produce your final product. Most of them are just an inventory product but lack the options needed for those of us that manufacture our own products. Once you find a product that does have these features they are pricey and difficult to use with little to no instructions. Then there is the problem of enabling them to sync with your accounting software like Quickbooks. This product has all of these features and is the reason we are using it.

Inconvénients: The screen resolution and display may need to be adjusted. We noticed that the side bar on the left does not open all the way and is partially covered by the mainscreen. It would also be nice if someone would come up with a program that automatically generated a product SKU number instead of always having to manually create these.

Love the Concept, reality is that its not ready for ecommerce

Publié le 04/10/2018
Brett D.
Bureau exécutif, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Poor. I ran out of room on the cons: lack of business acumen. No ability to convert or auto convert specific sales transactions from various sales channels to final invoice in zoho books. The funny thing in discussing the sales order to invoice issue, "So many people ask for the capability". Crazy idea for an ecommerce co with multiple landing pages, Social media, and various sales channels. We have attempted to work with Zoho One and Zoho Inventory because I love the concept of having all the various systems on a single platform. You would think the mitigation of risk in todays world of ecommerce might be accomplished. I think what Zoho has perfected is the proverbial "Jack of all trades and master of none". There are simply countless holes, errors, and omissions that for one reason or another Zoho's Development team have not addressed or can not get to because the list of fixes is too long.

Avantages: proposed functionality and inter connectivity with CRM, campaign, books, etc... Too bad it does not work I do like the chat to support, although they rarely have answers. When attempting to chat to support tonight for the below issues the system turned it into an email. Hopefully they will get back to us over the next 2-3 days.

Inconvénients: Does not work or function properly. example 1) ~500 transactions via amazon merchant fulfilled. Inventory was out of sync within 2 days. Orders stopped being pushed from amazon into our system as sales orders and the customer service issues ensued. Zoho had no answer and we turned off the inventory. Most if not all 3rd party consultants we have spoken to advocate back end fixes using Zoho Creator and deluge. example 2) We add a new zoho one license for a consultant yesterday. a) the new email assigned to the consutlant does not work. b) zoho inventory decides to do a reset asking the consultant and all of our employees to walk thru the start up menu. Upon enabling zoho inventory once again, all of our transactions except those for the past 4 days are accurately in zoho inventory are in the system as sales orders. Upon review of our amazon marketplace zoho inventory integration it was turned off. Upon attempting to enable the amazon marketplace integration the application immediately recognized our credentials. Just missing last 4 days sales orders. No integration with shipstation, its on their roadmap. No ability to concurrently hold and run amazon merchant fulfilled and amazon FBA inventory, not supported by zoho inventory. Its either one or another. Zoho flow integrator is limited and most 3rd party consultants laugh when you ask about using the application to resolve some of the funcationality issues between the various zoho applications.

Replaced Old System with Zoho (tried Quickbooks first)

Publié le 01/08/2019
Eric G.
Automobile, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Cloud based, pricing tiers by customer, import/export.

Inconvénients: Coming from a fairly old (DOS based) system, which we were used to, there is a learning curve. I was not able to easily find ways to do business the way we are used to. After much searching, Zoho has most of the main capabilities, but they were not easily found. This could be because Zoho does so much that there is a lot to search through.

Good for Trading, should improvise for manufacturing companies

Publié le 07/03/2019
Arjun A.
Textile, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've found a way around to add BOM using composite item feature but Zoho definitely should consider including Bill of materials option in the inventory. it is literally impossible for a manufacturing company to use this software without BOM. otherwise it's really good, nicely integrated with Zoho books

Avantages: I loved the Composite item feature but multiple bundling option could be more helpful and less time consuming.

Inconvénients: Lack of Bill of materials. As a manufacturing and trading company it becomes extremely difficult to increase stock without BOM.

Zoho Inventory is a simple tool for simple shops

Publié le 15/04/2019
Urszula U.
ECommerce Consultant
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been working with this application for over 1 year now. It changes step by step in a good direction but still there are some obstacles for importing/exporting data, duplicates and simple product management.

Avantages: easy to use, simple configuration, many integrations with accounting software and shops via connectors or built-in with Shopify.

Inconvénients: it is still under development. There are no bundled or configurable products that exist in eCommerce world. It makes the stock management a little bit tricky. In the business world SKU data is an indicator of the product. In Zoho Inventory it is an item name... and SKU. Sometimes I do not understand the logic behind some rules.

Zoho inventory - My saviour

Publié le 30/05/2019
Proprieter
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Cloud Based ERP.
SKU serial tracking feature.
Awesome UI
payment reminders
integration with ICICI bank
portal feature

Inconvénients: I still feel Customer care could be an area to work out for fast solving queries. Although m very happy with the support , the fast responsive call back for new users who works live on the product and stuck for help , could be an area to focus. Still
cheers to whole Zoho Team for an awesome product

Amazing Value

Publié le 15/08/2017
Megan M.
Director of Operations
Articles de sport, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: For the money, the value of this product is fantastic. It has lots of options and ways to view and track your inventory. We needed something simple and straightforward, and this covers our needs and more.

Avantages: It has what we need - the ability to track inventory for our warehouse items. We don't need any fancy bells or whistles. We don't need it to be an ordering or sales system. We just want to know our current counts, and be able to make adjustments as needed. Zoho Inventory does all of that and more. And for the price, you really can't beat this inventory software system.

Inconvénients: For our needs, it had too many additional features. I don't need purchasing or sales orders. But we just don't use those screens, so it's not a big deal.

Easy to use and very effective

Publié le 01/08/2018
Lina maria V.
Profesional en formación
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We acquired Zoho Inventory through our Computer and Computing Department, which, observing the great problems that were presented to us with the classification of samples, offered this excellent tool that, complemented with other software, has substantially improved our performance at work. Zoho Inventory is a powerful tool that allows us an adequate and standardized classification of our chemical samples, converting them into information that can be inventoried, leaving as a result the organization that every company or corporation in charge of the chemical area wants, that is, a sample coherently organized. For this reason we strongly recommend this software.

Inconvénients: A software that is constantly updated and improved, based on the observations and suggestions of its users; with a technical department of high capabilities that identify software problems and improve them in their updates, because I believe it is a software that has no weak points that have to be reviewed here.

Love this software! Really useful.

Publié le 10/07/2018
Antonis D.
Photographer
Photographie, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: To manage and monitor inventory reports on a daily and weekly basis!

Avantages: I use this software at the studio to monitor and manage inventory reports, and easily access data and plans for our daily, weekly and monthly schedules, especially delivering photographic equipment, receiving orders and monitoring the overall process.

Inconvénients: The price! It could be a better deal, more cheap. I find it a bit expensive. But apart from this, I am happy with this product!

Features that help us grow our business

Publié le 07/08/2019
Ezekiel O.
Project Development Officer
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The dashboard is simply awesome. It gives a good daily overview of the business activities and the necessary next-steps.
We can easily manage sales order and transfer among the warehouses, and scale easily to more warehouses when needed.
The integration with our website is just fantastic. Items and stock level from the Inventory syncs that on the website. No more repeated work.
AND, the API access is just wonderful. Going forward, applications can be built on the API feature to add more value to our customers and business process.

Inconvénients: The permission levels could be better improved. A user's access to the Customer's Contact module, for example, should be limited to the contact created by that user. Then, the accountant can have access to all contact irrespective of the who created it.
A desktop application would be great. Or, an application to work offline when there's limited internet connection.

Zoho is very easy on eyes

Publié le 07/04/2019
Josef H.
Integrations
Matériel informatique, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We would like to replace our aging, Java-based accounting software with this ERP, and hoping to integrate other products such as Books and Help Desk as well as Single Sign-on and writing our own apps as extensions to the Inventory.

Avantages: It is so good to look at. I reviewed some of the competitors (Unleashed, DEAR and Cin7) and Zoho products provide the best user interface. It's very simple and familiar, menus have just one or two levels, it works very well on a Mac in Safari (which isn't something you could tell about the others). They also have good-looking and working iOS apps with barcode scanning - again, the others are missing out there. As for the integrations, it looks like they have quite extensive API and Single Sign on, but I have to expose that area more.

Inconvénients: As they have their own Books, there's no direct integration with either XERO or Intuit. But we're willing to give Books a go, especially if it really is UK ready.

Time to tall thank you

Publié le 11/03/2019
General Manager
Machines, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: it is more then year i am using Zoho Inventory, Zoho Book, Zoho CRM, Zoho expenses, in our 3 company, it helped me to be on top of my business, it improve performance of my team, it improved our customer care service, it given me chance to control easy our inventory.

Avantages: Very smart, Easy, comfortable. maximum mobile, affordable, reliable,

Inconvénients: seems i done have more chance to extract cost of each item, FOB, Transport, Import duty. other duties.

Use of Zoho Inventory system in Russia

Publié le 06/05/2019
Automatisation industrielle, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: With Zoho Inventory I am running a stock control, as well as creating orders, invoices and packages.

Avantages: Easy to use and much fuctionallity software. I was looking for this kind of software for my small stock management. Highly recommend to use for improving business efficiency, and most importantly to control your business at a fingertip (App is working perfectly). Multiuser system helps to accommodate different activities and job specifications to use employee, thus creating a functional vertical integration value chain. All actions are stored and as an Admin I can observe actions of my empoyees. More control less arguments and distraction for business efficiency.

Inconvénients: Some of my employees are native in Russian language, and unfortunately Zoho Inventory is not running on Russian language, that is the only thing I would like to add. Everything else working perfectly.

Good to use

Publié le 22/03/2019
Managing Director
Vente au détail, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Since using Zoho Inventory, we can manage our stock correctly.

Avantages: Tracking S/O, P/O easily. We can track with Batch number that is very good for distribution business.

Inconvénients: Tracking shipment based on drivers - not work yet

Zoho Inventory

Publié le 20/05/2019
User
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like Zoho inventory because on this platform everything is connected to my orders and I can manage shipments in a practical and fast way

Inconvénients: it's perfect for me and it's all so intuitive!

OK but limitations are a deal breaker

Publié le 31/07/2019
Digital strategist
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Version d’essai gratuite

Commentaires: OK

Avantages: Ease of use
Full feature mobile app
Pricing - not too expensive

Inconvénients: Limitations on custom fields, there can be 2-3 custom fields of the same type
Multi-select custom fields can only have up to 5

An invaluable tool to organize our stock at work.

Publié le 11/07/2018
Jose rafael Z.
Asistente administrativode distribución de GLP
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Before using Zoho Inventory, we had a software compendium that allowed us to do the same work now, but we took a lot of time in the organization of accounting and distribution of liquefied gas. Zoho Inventory agglutinated all these functions simplifying the work of inventorying

Avantages: Another great invention of the Zoho brand, with its inventory version, has created excellent expectations in our company, and there are many reasons. -Organizes in real time the stock of LPG liquefied gas in bulk, allowing us to know exactly how much product we have. -Elaboration of simple route guides for each of the products. -Organize the order, shipping, payments, and information of our customers. - Update the status of the order in real time

Inconvénients: Like other programs of the Zoho chain, it is essential that the internet has an acceptable stability and speed, otherwise the software does not work optimally

Warehouse management

Publié le 05/08/2019
Articles de sport, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Zoho One, including inventory has sorted our business processes and made our work flows easy to follow and almost fool proof

Avantages: Easy to use
Links into many other apps within zoho
Cost effective

Inconvénients: many apps are not necessary
Managing currencies of products from suppliers difficult
adding images is time consuming

Works great! Easy and efficient

Publié le 30/09/2018
Omarie P.
Marketing Specialist
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 13-50 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I’m a big fan of all of the branches to Zoho. Same goes for the inventory application, I can easily add/delete and manage inventory items and merge them into my Zoho CRM. Capatability is amazing.

Inconvénients: It could be a little more customizable with certain items but for the most part this is an overall great inventory management option.

The only inventory tool you will ever need

Publié le 30/03/2018
Tanya C.
Marketing and Sales Exec.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This tool allows me to record my sales, purchases and other expenses. Send quotes and invoices to clients from within the tool, as well as store contact details for my client and suppliers list.

Inconvénients: When doing the composite items, the tax for individual items aren't added to the total cost, so you have to manually adjust the total cost.

Zoho Inventory

Publié le 30/04/2019
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Integrating my composite products including equipments, construction materials and workmanship is a must in my business, and with Zoho apps I can focus on my job, not in the software.

Avantages: I like the integration with all the suite of Zoho products and its esaines to bend all apps to fit my requirements. The support is outstanding, like having an expert sitting right at my side. I am migrating from Quickbooks Contractor and it has been really easy.

Inconvénients: Some tweaking of the reports can sometimes be hard to achieve my needs