Avis clients sur CrashPlan

4,5 /5
  • Service client
    4,5 /5

En savoir plus sur CrashPlan

Une plateforme de sécurité et de protection contre les pertes de données aux points de terminaison qui permet aux petites entreprises de gérer la récupération de fichiers supprimés, etc.

En savoir plus sur CrashPlan

228 avis affichés

Ray A.
Research and Cultural Consultant, Editor/writer, interpreter.
  • Publié le 15/12/2017

"I relied on Crashplan for document backup while completing my PhD abroad."

Commentaires: Outstanding performance over the 3 year period that I used it. Once my data was uploaded (it took nearly a year), I was assured that my PhD research was safe. I stopped using it because the internet in China was simply too restricted and curtailed to make it useful.

Avantages: It runs continuously in the background to ensure that the files selected are backed up.
The Crashplan client automatically backs up to ensure that customers are using the very latest client and are not in danger of security leaks.
The Crashplan client is cross-platform and will run on Linux and Mac

Inconvénients: Code42 appears to have removed their plan for standard household users and now only has plans for small and large businesses. Unfortunate for the average household computer user. When I used Crashplan for backup in Beijing, China, the upload speeds were horrendously slow. I assume this was not the fault of Crashplan, but the result of serious Internet throttling by the internet provider or by state security apparatus in China where all connections to the outside world are severely curtailed. Backing up 200gb of data took nearly half a year. But my experience was likely unusual. Based on other user reports of Crashplan, the upload and download speeds are quite good.

• Publié le 15/12/2017
Paul B.
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 28/10/2020

"Capable flexible backup solution"

Commentaires: I used Crashplan for several years and found it to be an excellent reliable product. I no longer used it because the home user option was withdrawn and the small business pricing was prohibitive for a home user. If the option is ever reinstated I would not hesitate in returning to use the product.

Avantages: Flexibility, reliability, ease of use, configuration options. Unlimited storage, file modification history. Local backup and peer to peer options.

Inconvénients: Withdrawal of home user option, which I understand given the economics of providing unlimited storage.

• Publié le 28/10/2020
Services financiers, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 01/05/2021

"Crashplan individual and family plan is. great"

Avantages: Software had an amazing design. You could use an an existing old computer as a backup drive for your other computers on the network and share it with additional family members. this was new and different from competitors Also - the software subscription fees is quite affordable

Inconvénients: With cloud services coming on and advent of networked machines, expecting that Crashplan would continue to offer more differentiating features

• Publié le 01/05/2021
Benjamin J.
Director of Information Technology
  • Publié le 12/07/2018

"Has so much potential but is being held back"

Commentaires: Unlimited backup storage of my computer system with revision history

Avantages: The fact that the cost vs amount of storage you receive is incredible with Crash Plan. I have looked through so many providers for online backups and I don't believe anyone comes close to what is offered by this software. The fact that once you you install the program and sign in, the interface is very straight forward allowing you to select what on your computer you want to back up, all the way down to the entire contents of your C: drive is great and makes the product easy to use. Notifications are also a great feature to notify you if there was a problem during a backup.

Inconvénients: My major issues come down to resource usage and customer support. This software, even though it does fantastic things, is an absolute resource hog. In the past I have been able to run constant backups incrementally at 15 minute intervals without much slow down of my systems. Within the past year however, on a 16GB memory system, as soon as crash plan begins to backup my memory usage jumps from about 15% to over 50% until I stop the program completely. On windows server 2012, the same issue happens, whether Crash Plan is installed for every user, or just my admin account, the instantaneous system slow down is there to where everyone on the system is effected. My two attempts at contacting support about the issue resulted in almost a 1 week wait time between calls/emails and the answer I ended up receiving was that they would no longer be supporting servers with the Crash Plan application. However present day their website still says it supports windows servers. The idea behind the program is amazing, I just wish the execution and support was more clear and helpful.

• Publié le 12/07/2018
Lisa W.
Vice President of Technology
Banque, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 18/02/2021

"Reliable backup software that is easy to set up and use"

Commentaires: CrashPlan was a very affordable online backup solution for our small business. We only have one server, and even though you can set up multiple servers and computers to use CrashPlan, we only needed one. We also set up continuous backup, but set the hours for the evening so it would not interfere with our daily work (such as Quickbooks). Our SQL data is also backed up.

Avantages: We needed to find a replacement for an online backup software package that was no longer working reliably for our company. CrashPlan was easy to install and was up and running within an hour. The initial load of our data took many hours, but that is to be expected.

Inconvénients: The reporting options are actually a bit more complex than what I need. Reports can be set up for several users, but we only have one user.

• Publié le 18/02/2021
Brahm D.
Lawyer
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 22/04/2021

"Used to be better"

Commentaires: Crashplan used to be a better service before Code42 bought it and made changes. It used to just work in the back-ground more or less hassle free. Now it is another tech service that you need to manage. I would no longer recommend Crashplan and am moving to another service.

Avantages: The interface is clean and intuitive. Data de-duplication seems to backup lots of files efficiently even if you re-organize your folder structures. Upload and download speeds are generally good.

Inconvénients: Back-up used to run automatically, but changes to the app in 2020 made it so that the app constantly logs outs so that you have to enter your password and run a back-up manually or nothing is backed up. If you do run a back-up manually, sometimes the app will now log you out before your back-up has finished. Worse still, if you move or delete a large number of files in a short time the app treats your computer as a new device and starts charging you for two devices resulting in being charged double. This is hard to fix because customer support isn't very good.

• Publié le 22/04/2021
Shaun P.
Product Engineer
Biens de consommation, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 29/09/2020

"CrashPlan Review"

Commentaires: This software offers a simple and effective data backup solution.

Avantages: This is an overall great data backup solution. I have used this for many many years for backing up my parents personal and small business computers. Great tool.

Inconvénients: I cannot think of any real cons for this software. There are some cheaper options nowadays for data backup. However, this is still a great tool.

• Publié le 29/09/2020
Liz W.
Photographer
  • Publié le 06/02/2019

"Crashplan, The Most Affordable Backup Solution"

Commentaires: Overall, Crashplan has been a wonderful solution to my need for affordable cloud backups. My photography business would not continue to operate if I couldn't safely save all my work. I've had past wedding clients return five years later asking for a copy of their lost wedding photos; Crashplan will continue to enable me to ensure that I will always have an off-site copy of my work at a really affordable price.

Avantages: As a professional freelance photographer, I have to backup huge amounts of data to keep my business safe. After much research, and one bad experience with a different cloud solution company, I found Crashplan (Code42) to be the most affordable system that still allows unlimited backups. They are priced extremely competitively without compromising quality.

Inconvénients: Crashplan used to have a mobile app that allowed users to access all their backed-up files from their phones. They recently discontinued this app. I can hardly believe the company would take such a step backwards. I used the app on a regular basis to refer to documents or images that I needed to access while I was away from my computer. This convenience was one of my biggest draws to Crashplan initially; I wish they would bring back the app.

• Publié le 06/02/2019
Bob J.
IT Director
Marketing et publicité, 51-200 employés

"CrashPlan Pro (Code42)"

Commentaires: I've been using CrashPlan Pro, and now called Code42 for over 10 years and overall I really like how it works. I started with the On-Prem solution, and moved to the Code42 Cloud a few years ago. The Cloud product allowed me to do away with our in-house CrashPlan Pro servers and huge storage arrays.

Avantages: Over 10 years ago, CrashPlan Pro came recommended by an IT friend. I've been using since then.

Inconvénients: Overall, the ease of use for the end user is nice. However, the admin portal and all the intricate settings takes some time to get used to as well as tweaking of the settings.

Nicolas B.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois

"Do the job, silently"

Commentaires: We were looking for a solution for real-time backup of data from our various computers without recurring manual operation.

Avantages: More than easy to install, setup and monitor. Then the application is doing the job and backups data in real time.

Inconvénients: The administration console is a bit austere. But ultimately, this is not what we ask of this kind of application.

Kathy S.
Webmaster
Vente au détail, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 22/10/2019

"CrashPlan Gives Me Peace Of Mind"

Commentaires: I really like CrashPlan. Most of the time, you wouldn't even know it was running ... it just does its thing! I think I have been using it for 10 or 12 years, and I have never felt the need to look for another application. I am disappointed that they no longer offer an option for personal use. I know that it says you can go with the business use option, even if you just do some freelance work with the computer you back up, but it is a little expensive for just a personal backup if the backup isn't that big. Overall though, I love CrashPlan, and recommend it to many people.

Avantages: I have been using CrashPlan for many years. I used to use it for personal use, but now I use it for business use. Because I work remotely, I keep a large collection of our graphics/code files on my computer. I don't have access to a work server to keep them on, and I was always concerned about what would happen if I were robbed, or some sort of disaster happened to my home, that wiped out my computer and my local backups. CrashPlan gives me peace of mind, that my files are backed up somewhere safe. I evaluated other products, before choosing CrashPlan, and for me, CrashPlan was the winner for a couple of reasons. The biggest reason, was that if I had a computer with a smaller hard drive, and had to work off of an external hard drive for some things, CrashPlan also backed up that external hard drive to their system, as long as it was plugged into my computer. Not all backup software will do this. I also love it, because it works well on my Mac, and isn't just targeted at PC users.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the messages that you get about backups can be misleading. It will say that you have a certain amount set for backup, and sometimes it will be a number that seems really low. Every time I have looked into this with support, it has turned out that the correct amount WAS set for backup, but I believe the email went out mid backup, and therefore gave a misleading message. Sometimes that can be a little alarming, even though there was never a true issue. The initial backup can be very slow ... like months, in my case! If I ever had to restore everything, I am sure it would take a crazy amount of time, so I would have to opt for the option where you pay to have a full hard drive mailed to you, which isn't cheap. Better than losing all your files though! That is why I also keep a local backup.

• Publié le 22/10/2019
Kyle M.
IT Architect
Eau/gaz/électricité, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 09/06/2017

"CrashPlan does exactly what it needs to do"

Commentaires: We no longer need to manage our backup infrastructure. CrashPlan takes care of this. Previously, with Windows Backup, we needed to periodically purge our backups because when using a network location, Windows Backup can't do versioning. So we'd end up filling terabytes of storage of the same files over and over again. CrashPlan fixes this problem for us!

Avantages: CrashPlan is really easy to use. I love using it because I can backup to another computer for FREE! The only part of the app that is pay is if you want to backup the the Code42 cloud. If you don't use the cloud, you get easy & free backups! The versioning is also really nice. We can restore a file from any point along it's life. CrashPlan is used to backup our general file server, our email server, and our SQL database dumps. I can centrally restore any file from any server from my location. We migrated to CrashPlan from Windows Backup. It took a lot of overhead out of our backup procedure. CrashPlan has also saved our files from Virus' on a few occasions. With the outbreak of Ransomware, CrashPlan really helps save our files from being encrypted.

Inconvénients: CrashPlan is written in Java, which means, it's pretty much the only reason I have Java installed. Supposedly, a non-Java client is coming, but who knows when or if that will happen. It is also _really_ difficult to manage on a headless server. You basically have to create a SSH tunnel, then from a separate computer 'fake' out that installation of CrashPlan into thinking it needs to connect through the SSH tunnel. Done properly, your desktop CrashPlan will connect to the CrashPlan backend on the headless server. It would be really nice to be able to manage a headless server without any SSH tunneling, or port forwarding, or any of that.

• Publié le 09/06/2017
  • Publié le 11/07/2016

"Continuous peace of mind and protection"

Commentaires: It just runs... You go to lunch, you go into a meeting. Its running. You go on holiday its running. Code 42 platform can be used to backup end point devices throughout the world to your own private server. Code 42's cloud servers or a combination of both. You can specify global settings or individual ones. Customising to the exact level required for you or your business. It can be deployed for a few dozen machines or thousands. It gives us viability on our servers data and endpoint client activities providing more insight than just a regular backup client.

Avantages: The client is customisable. It can be deployed silently and is configurable from the machine or can be locked and the configuration done via the server. New abilities allow the user to restore data form their backups if starting again on a new machine. This can aid migrations and ease pressure on facilities. Strong encryption, compression and an easy to use interface make using the client a pleasure. Documentation is very detailed and easy to read and follow along. Code42's support are extremely helpful and pleasant!

Inconvénients: Recent redesigns of the client and server interface have left things confusing. The attempts to make the whole system minimal results in it being more difficult and annoying to use. Some features are difficult to find or too many layers deep now. The interface is also less responsive than the previous versions and often doesn't update for a long period of time. The web interface for the main server does not work properly in Safari which is a big annoyance for us and our users. Code42 seem to be continually changing the name of the product. Crashplan Pro. Crashplan ProE, now Code42 platform. It can be confusing and again frustrating. Code 42's support team are excellent! I cannot praise them enough. However I do not have the same experience with the Sales team, Code42 are after certain customers and in that refuse and do not want to help other customers which has propogated bad will throughout the community that has supported them from a startup.

• Publié le 11/07/2016
Nathan M.
Automobile, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 23/03/2016

"Excellent backup engine for any platform."

Commentaires: The CrashPlan architecture allows versioning, continuous backup on OS X, Windows, and Linux desktop clients, and Code42 offers PROe private cloud servers for each of these platforms as well. I've used CrashPlan PROe (private cloud server with standard CrashPlan client) for three years, in multiple small business settings. It's a five star product, with five star support, but a few small but persistent browser compatibility issues, and one major licensing problem, keep it from earning all five stars from me.

Avantages: Installing, maintaining, and updating the PROe server is trivial on both Debian Linux and OS X. (One-click updates directly from the administrative console would be a nice addition, since locating update files on the Code42 site is not as quick as it perhaps should be, but that's a minor nuisance). Likewise, installing and configuring clients is fast and easy, and once the client software is installed on a workstation, the administrative console allows control of all client settings, saving legwork. Client access can be restricted to ensure that backups are not interrupted, and CrashPlan PROe has a complete set of legal hold tools available in a separate administrative interface should your organization require them. The client is lightweight and offers good granular control over bandwidth use. The server is extremely flexible, allowing any number of storage points on any number of running servers, even across server platforms, and the CrashPlan architecture further allows any client to be delegated as a storage point for other clients, in the case of, for instance, a satellite office scenario, disaster recovery, or server maintenance.

Inconvénients: The only real operating nuisance I've encountered is browser incompatibility with the otherwise lovely administrative console, which does not scale properly for Mobile Safari, and which presents a baffling "server disconnect" message on Safari for OS X. On the desktop, one can simply use Firefox or Chrome, but a proper mobile Safari theme--or even the ability to permanently eliminate the client download prompt when accessing the console from a mobile browser--would be a huge improvement for those of us who do an increasing amount of our admin tasks from our mobile devices. The ugly is that this wonderfully designed, private cloud backup system, which was once my first choice for small business clients, is now available only in packages of 25 licenses and up. Not only does this make no sense from a supply side—Code42 incurs no storage or infrastructure overhead from private cloud backup, so one would think they would prefer to sell these licenses—but it arbitrarily shuts out small businesses from a product which is otherwise perfect for the small business use case, forcing these businesses, often creative firms which generate multiple gigabytes of new data each hour, to rely on Code42's public cloud product (try uploading 2 terabytes on virtually any broadband connection in the US) or, more realistically, to look elsewhere for onsite backup solutions. I used to recommend CrashPlan PROe to all my small business clients. I can no longer do so, not because the product is not excellent—it is—but because Code42 literally will not sell it to them if they can't buy 25 or more licenses. The mind boggles at whatever bean-counterish logic led to this decision, which both locks small businesses out of an otherwise ideal product for their needs, and amounts to Code42 throwing away all potential revenue from those in the small business sector who cannot rely on public cloud backup alone. I'd encourage small businesses and consultants working with small business to contact Code42 anyway, and put some pressure on them to revise this policy. CrashPlan PROe is otherwise as close to a perfect product as I have seen in the last ten years of IT, and it is simply foolish to refuse to sell it because a client has a smaller budget or smaller needs.

• Publié le 23/03/2016
Andrzej M.
Photographer
  • Publié le 22/07/2019

"Easy to use back-up plan, but upload speeds could be better."

Commentaires: I can easily backup all my photographs and Photoshop files on my external drive and have them always backed up in the cloud without much thought.

Avantages: It's easy to setup and once you do you can forget it. Also, support team is very responsive nad helpful (had few minor problems along the way and they were quickly resolved).

Inconvénients: Compared to some other softwares the upload speeds could be better (I tested same files with the same network and Crashplan was the slowest).

• Publié le 22/07/2019
Philip C.
Content Creator
Musique, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 29/03/2020

"Our lives are digital; Crashplan is your health insurance!"

Commentaires: On the whole, if you don't have a ton of data then there are lots of free backup options that might meet your needs. On the other hand, if you have many terabytes that need protecting then I thin CrashPlan is the best choice on the market.

Avantages: I use CrashPlan for Small Business. The greatest thing about CrashPlan is that it offers unlimited backup and this is not a gimmick. When they say unlimited, we're talking all of your precious terabytes. The 2nd greatest thing about CrashPlan is they have amazing customer service. I hardly ever find myself waiting and their help is always fast, precise and effective. If you are someone who has a lot of data then $10 per month is going to seem like a small price to pay to know that data is always safe.

Inconvénients: If you don't have a super fast connection then backing a terabytes is going to take some time but their support forum has a comprehensive guide to increasing speed and decreasing backup time. It's an additional $10 per computer so some people may take issue with this but again for unlimited back up it's still very reasonable in my opinion.

• Publié le 29/03/2020
Joel B.
Technology Consultant
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 08/05/2018

"Excellent backup tool, but dropping Home product will lose customers"

Avantages: This was the best and lowest cost backup tool on the market...when the Home product was available. In August of 2017 Code42 shifted away from Home and is focusing on enterprise and small business. The Home product was AMAZING. It backed up quickly, offered unlimited storage, and allowed you to backup multiple computers at the same time. Plus you could back up to other friend/family's computers to avoid having to pay for the service at all. This had everything a home user could want and at an amazing price. NOTHING came close. And I mean NOTHING!

Inconvénients: Unfortunately, Code42 has left the Home market and is focusing on enterprise and small business. For those two segments, this is a great product, but I feel like dropping the Home market is a disservice to their existing Home user base. They should have allowed existing customers to continue forward with their Home product and Home product pricing. I get that they want to change their focus, but moving away will really hurt. That's a bad thing, but it speaks to the excellence of their Home product.

• Publié le 08/05/2018
Robert B.
Partner
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 19/10/2018

"The cheapest backup solution, but be patient to backup or restore"

Commentaires: Overall, Crashplan is a wonderful software for individuals getting into Cloud storage or looking for an alternative to offsite backup. It provides a fundamental experience with setup for beginners, but lacks the higher end competitors. Additionally, in an emergency event, I would not expect CrashPlan to be first priority for a restore. I would use CrashPlan as a last means of backup/ restore.

Avantages: The cost for this backup is what most people value. The option to encrypt your backup prior to sending it to Crashplan's server is comparable with other high end backups. The option to backup to multiple other devices also makes CrashPlan one of the very few backups that allow you to multi-backup to different sites, machines, or other users using CrashPlan.

Inconvénients: The time to backup a 1TB drive could take well over a month (My experience). It never tells you when all files are completely backed up, but continuously keeps backing up. The software does not tell you if a backup has failed or cannot pend. Overall, great value for a small business with 5 or less employees, however, if your a larger company, I would look else ware.

• Publié le 19/10/2018
Denham M.
IT Manager
Biotechnologie, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 03/10/2019

"Good backups, especially as a secondary cloud save."

Commentaires: It's a great offsite backup option, probably wouldn't make it my only backup but it is peace of mind for disaster recovery.

Avantages: Decent cross platform support, not limited on backup size. It has a number of options to backup your data.
Can't beat the price for the storage. Keeps deleted files indefinitly.

Inconvénients: Runs on java, easier network and removable storage backups. More control on the backups with deletions, selections and exceptions. Verification on file backup could be better. Needs block level deduplication.

• Publié le 03/10/2019
Owner/Photographer
  • Publié le 12/06/2019

"Used to be better"

Avantages: It's a "set it and forget it" program which is great for backup and archiving. I loved the feature that allowed you to keep previous versions indefinitely.

Inconvénients: They've recently changed their terms and exclude certain file types for backing up. They eliminated their lowest priced plan and only offer their more expensive plans. Since their organizational changes, I've had lots of connection errors and interruptions. Backups need to be one thing - RELIABLE

• Publié le 12/06/2019
Technical Support Specialist
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 29/10/2018

"Full-Featured Backup Solution With Good AD Integration"

Commentaires: We have been very satisfied with the backup capabilities of our CrashPlan implementation. We use CrashPlan for backing up the critical files of our employees. The CrashPlan administrative portal is fairly easy to use, and it has many great features. The biggest issue I've had in using their software is getting users to automatically disable when their account has been disabled in Active Directory; I've had the script working in the past, but every time we update, it seems to break the script and takes quite a bit of time to get it running again.

Avantages: I like that you can get very granular about what you want to back up. You can select entire folders to backup, but you can also specify that certain file types should be ignored. You can even specify that certain files be ignored or included.

Inconvénients: Using their built-in scripting for auto-disabling accounts when the related account is disabled in Active Directory has proven to be a pain. I've had it working before, but every time I upgrade the software, it seems to break that capability without actually changing the script.

• Publié le 29/10/2018
Peter W.
Web Developer
Enseignement supérieur, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 29/11/2018

"Backups made easy"

Avantages: The free plan offers really great features, being able to backup to a separate computer has been in-valuable. With the paid-for option offering an even better service, letting you backup directly to CrashPlans cloud servers.
Restoring to previous versions is also super simple, with a simple-to-use user interface it really isn't hard to figure out. Also, restoring is a very quick process, much faster than other backup programs I've used in the past.
The initial installation and continued maintenance of CrashPlan is also very straight-forward, taking virtually no time at all to do either.

Inconvénients: The biggest negative of CrashPlan is the sheer amount of resources it takes up on your PC / MAC to get these back ups done. On a pretty powerful machine you can sometimes notice a very slight lag.
Integration with other firewalls can be a pain, especially if using a more obscure and not-well-known brand. Also, the web interface doesn't work on some web browsers, which isn't a big problem for me, as I solely use Google Chrome. But it may be a sticking point for other users.

• Publié le 29/11/2018
Johan D.
Head of IT
Services aux consommateurs, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 26/12/2015

"CrashPlan for the Enterprise"

Commentaires: Code42 has done a fantastic job creating a solid enterprise product that is easy to use, transparent to the end-users, and backed by a company that takes an active interest in the input of their customers. Even with the trend of moving data to the cloud, end-point backup remains a critical necessity in the modern end-user computing environment. Systems fail, users delete data, users switch computers and things still go wrong and make backups a necessity. CrashPlan is equally useful for file recovery or simply moving a user to a new computer. Client backup products are not always without impact to end-point performance. CrashPlan's interface is simple and easy to use. Virtually no training is required for both end-users and administrators. Granted that backup is not an overly complicated process, but CrashPlan has refined the process better than the competition. Whether using the on-prem or off-prem option, CrashPlan provides security and stability for your company's critical data. My only real criticism with Code42, is that in the last year they have not focused sufficiently on the development of CrashPlan. I feel like they made a poor choice to focus too much on SharePlan, which was not something that was critical to their core business. CrashPlan is also a bit behind the curve on features related to legal hold and e-discovery, but they are trending in the right direction. The best part of CrashPlan is that is just works. Its a solid, well-written product with great support that give users a sense of security about the data that keeps the business working.

Avantages: Easy to use
Easy to administer
Minimal impact to end-user performance

Inconvénients: Code42 should focus more on the core business and less on additional offerings
Legal-hold e-discovery capabilities are still immature, need more focused development

• Publié le 26/12/2015
Photographie, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 25/02/2020

"Love this App"

Commentaires: I have used for over 5 years without any issues. It updates as needed and provides backup for all my work.
A MUST HAVE feature they offer that few others have is their default option to keep 100% of your data even after you delete it off your hard drive. Most remove deleted files after only 30 days. That means if you make a mistake and remove a needed file you are out of luck. If you change out HDD due to space then all gets removed. No a good solution for total backup. This is why I have stayed with Crashplan.

Avantages: this app does what is meant to do. Assuming you have a decent upload speed it can handle several GB of files and backup within a few hours. For those with normal documents the backup would be instant no matter your providers upload speed.

Inconvénients: The cons are not against Crashplan but the needed upload speed which many providers limit. It works fine for smaller files but if sending hundreds of large image files a higher speed connection is needed to keep up.

• Publié le 25/02/2020
Graham P.
IT Manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 03/10/2016

"A simple endpoint backup solution"

Commentaires: I have been using CrashPlan for over two years for about 30 of my customers. Aside from a few issues with memory usage for larger backup sets (issues that were quickly resolved with by a chat with support), I have had almost no problems. Backups run, complete, and restores always work. The software's focus is on backing up endpoints, not servers. But it works fine with simple file servers and is a very inexpensive way to protect data. It's really a last resort backup for most of my clients - not something they depend on from day to day, but it's a great solution in case they end up with a hole in the ground for an office. The setup process only takes a few minutes. Restores are relatively intuitive - just pick a date and then pick a file. Small restores can be done through a web interface. I have never had to do any large scale restores, but I can imagine that they would be difficult since there is no way to have a hard drive shipped to you - the restores have to be done over the internet through their software.

Avantages: Inexpensive, remarkably reliable.

Inconvénients: Tends to be a bit of a memory hog.

• Publié le 03/10/2016