Great for working remotely

Publié le 13/12/2017
Travis B.
Director of Business Development
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great for any team that works remotely!

Avantages: We have staff that works remotely, and with Highfive it's like there are in the office. The video quality is fantastic, audio is great. At times it's like the monitor is just a window they sit behind. This makes the remote team truly a part of our staff.

Inconvénients: We've tried to utilize this for remote meetings, and as a 1-time meeting solution it's not the easiest. There are things to download, hoops to jump through, etc. However, as a remote-work situation or when you will be utilizing it regularly it's well worth the investment!

Distance is not a problem for Highfive

Publié le 06/03/2019
Magali S.
Films et cinéma, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Do you have remote offices or employees who work remotely? Are you planning to have a conference with them? Then I recommend you to use the services of Highfive. It is comfortable to use because you connect the camera to a TV the screen of which is large enough to see it.

Avantages: What Highfive differs from other software is that it is supported by a camera and speakers. They are easy to set up and don’t require any professional skills. Usually, they are connected to a TV and produce high-quality picture and sound. You don’t need any app to use Highfive on your computer. The only thing you need is the extension for Chrome. Please note that for using on mobile devices you need to download the application. If you run a company which offices are spread in many cities, countries or even continents and you need to hold a conference with your employees, then Highfive knows how to solve your distance problems. This video conferencing tool will bring all the employees together and save your travelling expenses and time.

Inconvénients: As I have already mentioned, the camera and speakers produce quality picture and sound, so it is logical that you require fast internet. It can be irritating if one of the conference participants has slow internet.
Unfortunately, I think that the monthly price of Highfive is way too high. The quality is good but the product could be cheaper.
Though I mentioned that the equipment is easy to set up, there still can be people who have troubles.

EXPENSIVE but oh so good

Publié le 03/12/2019
Jeffrey D.
Digital Technologist
Design, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Their customer service is exceptional, product warranties are honored well and effective, they've become a common term at our business.

Avantages: The best video conferencing system on the market, flat out. The equipment is gorgeous, easy to use, and super high quality. The UI is delightful and the UX is well thought out.

Inconvénients: Price. Price. Price. So damn expensive its really hard to justify. We need it for our daily global meetings, but for a smaller company its a tough sell.

Overall Great Service

Publié le 31/10/2019
Nic D.
Operations
Articles de sport, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Wonderful. Great product that everyone prefers using in the office. Many of us notice when we're invited to a meeting and it's not HighFive - we're kinda bummed out because many of the other software interfaces are pretty sterile.

Avantages: The aesthetics are great from the interface to the email invites. You know what needs to happen and how to get it done. There's no guess work on how to operate it even when you're running behind and don't have time to try and figure stuff out (yes, from experience!).

Inconvénients: There have been a few times where either video or audio wouldn't work. We would have chalked this up to user error or internet connection but some of these instances happened after it was working just fine and internet speeds where great at all three satellite offices (we checked). We had to end the session, reboot computers, and start again before things were working properly. All that being said that's only happened a handful of times out of the hundred meetings we've been apart of.

Using it for Daily Meetings and Demos

Publié le 18/12/2018
Jon W.
Senior Sales Representative
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: For large group meetings which require screen shares and video conferencing HighFive is a home run. I also love the ability to have my own custom URL making it super easy for anyone to join the meeting. The record meeting functionality is also great for sharing to people that have missed. We also have it set up in conference rooms making it easy to cast directly to TVs.

Inconvénients: No ability to boot people from meetings that are not supposed to be in there. To ability to toggle the other person as unmuted (they must do it) when they are muted. Also, it is rather laborious to join meetings and can get very confusing for someone that is not familiar. Go-To Meeting and Join.Me are much better for that.

Outstanding tool that has diminished the distances

Publié le 26/05/2019
Lawrence C.
Internet, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall I would say Highfive is surely the best choice for setting business meetings.

Avantages: I have been using this tool for many years and I would say Highfive is no doubt the best ever conferencing tool. I like its simplicity and ease of use. Another biggest advantage is that its mobile app also works amazingly. It also let us share screen with others in reliable ways. It can be perfectly used for making video conferencing all around the globe. So that, multiple teams can conveniently communicate with each other. Furthermore I love its amazing ability of recording meetings that can be forwarded to others.

Inconvénients: I never face any issue while using Highfive. I am totally having satisfactory experience with it. It fulfills all my expectations. The only limitation is that internet connection should be strong enough then it will work without any interruption.

Convenient and outstanding tool for conducting meetings and video conferences

Publié le 04/10/2019
Angela B.
Content Developer
Services et technologies de l'information, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: In order to have a best video and audio calling facility this platform has all in it and also provides a great initiative to have free access to certain browsers plug-ins as well. Another feature that is of my concern is its ability to integrate more readily with the other third party applications or software which are enough useful to do my daily task work.

Inconvénients: It is absolutely a complete product with bundle of features and functionalities that is serving me in a magnificent way to make my collaboration with my teammates more enjoyable with each passing day.

People here are very friendly and professional

Publié le 09/11/2019
Tadeo G.
Server
Produits alimentaires, 13-50 employés

Avantages: Easy to find the Food and restaurant I need

Inconvénients: Most of the time I can’t use Chinese to find a restaurant

Splendid product with so many useful features

Publié le 12/12/2019
Nathalia A.
System Specialist
Internet, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: For me this useful software is best for any kind of organization whether they make web conferences on daily basis or on weekly.

Avantages: Handling personal as well as professional communication is now convenient through it. Tracking system of this application is immense useful to track every sort of meeting or even to locate anything in my system. Additionally, this product is so much easy to install without much effort to use it on any sort of device.

Inconvénients: Everything is quite intuitive and unique in it which is making my working life bearable. I am not having anything to complain about it. It is always proved to be helpful and useful to me.

Constant webcam contact wasn't that helpful for us

Publié le 10/04/2019
Traduction et localisation, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The product didn't really contribute much for us, and it was kind of expensive for a product that didn't really pan out.

Avantages: It was a very temporarily cool feature that quickly became stale for us. We were able to view our other office on a screen, which was nice for quick questions.

Inconvénients: It was better in theory than in practice for us to have our other office constantly visible and accessible. We constantly had to mute each other, which defeats the purpose of having the other office connected. We usually ended up muting and then calling each other like we normally would. It was comical to see someone at their desk, call them, see them look at their phone and ID the caller, and then not pick up your call.

FANTASTIC core product, but beware the usability is alpha grade

Publié le 25/07/2016
Dustin S.
CTO
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My company is Skype heavy, including the now-unusable Skype hardware cameras (support for those has been discontinued to the point where they're literally bricks). There are lots of computer-to-computer video solutions so our core need was a solution to do video conferencing between large televisions in remote conference rooms. The need for high quality video and audio that works through a TV, preferably without a host computer, trumps everything else. HighFive does that with style, but note my Pros and Cons as they really matter.

Avantages: 1) Extremely low latency on video and audio. This is absolutely critical for meaningful communication. HF blows Skype out of the water, for example.
2) The Dolby audio device that comes with the Pro package is easily the best audio speaker I've ever used. This is literally the hardware that sealed the deal for us (see Cons, too).
3) Customer support is solid. Nice people, good response times, good answers to my very detailed questions.

Inconvénients: 1) UI is ridiculous and very buggy. This is alpha grade at best and very far from "it just works."
2) No way to start a room-to-room conference without a computer or phone at each end running a native app (no hardware remote/control). In theory there's a web interface coming soon, though.
3) Built-in audio from the HF camera device is awful. I would not buy anything but the Pro system for that reason alone.
4) No way to start a meeting "cold" where people join directly to a TV. One must first have a few awkward seconds of self-facing-camera then choose "move this meeting to my TV+HF camera."
5) We frequently have weird audio feedback issues on some computers. There are plenty of reasons why this might be happening but they *should* all be moot: get a web UI that can start a a meeting directly from the dedicated hardware (#4) and this would likely go away.
6) No conference controls for things like locking meetings (PIN codes), strict host controls (e.g. forcibly mute all other parties), and choice of screen sharing details (e.g. share just 1 window, not your whole screen).

IT CROWD - "High Five"

Publié le 11/06/2018
Dillon G.
Advisor Development Team
Services financiers, 201-500 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Highfivehelps us to connect with a lot of our remote colleagues and provides face to face interaction and screen sharing capability. Our department is split across to offices one on each coast, and it's easy to start feeling disconnected/independent from each other. High five is used to help bridge that gap giving us the ability to easily have a joint team meeting between the two offices in our respective conference rooms. Its use of screen sharing helps us in being able to provide an easy way to quickly walk through powerpoint presentations or even show the team how to accomplish a particular workflow.

Avantages: Highfive is great for connecting with remote colleagues and providing face to face interaction and screen sharing capability. Perfect for companies with multiple offices, or employees out in the field. It's useful even if you don't have remote reps. High Five's screen sharing capabilities provide an easy way to quickly walk through powerpoint presentations or even show the team how to accomplish a particular workflow. Lastly, High five is great for Rick-Rolling your co-workers in other rooms when they least expect it.

Inconvénients: 1. Getting Rick-Rolled by your co-workers...
2. High five can at times lag, or run slowly if you or one of the participants in the meeting has slow internet.

Quality video conferencing made easy.

Publié le 25/07/2016
Kevin L.
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall experience has been great. Calls have had amazing audio quality and good video quality. Meetings are easy to setup and start in a rush. Outlook plugin has been handy to easily add conference information to the meeting request. Some technical issues with the desktop HighFive application have detracted from the overall experience.

Avantages: Great sound quality. Have not experienced anything better for conference calls.
Super easy to start call (used Desktop and Android app) and move to nearby TV / speaker system.

Inconvénients: Issues with "infinite" update loop. On 2 separate occasions, after working fine earlier in the day, the HighFive software could not locate the MSVCP120.dll. As a result, I end up in an infinite update loop. I did not install / update / remove any other software on my machine in between HighFive working and not working. Using the script supplied by HighFive, doing an uninstall / reinstall (plus removing HighFive appdata folder) did not fix the issue. Both times, the app just started working again later in the day. As a result, I am always starting HighFive well in advance of a meeting, as I am never sure if it is going to work.

Big need covered poorly

Publié le 24/12/2018
Narek H.
Business Owner PicsArt Camera
Logiciels, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It feels like I overpay a service that I use as I don't find a more convenient replacement. I think if there was a better competitor on market I would opt out from Highfive

Avantages: Idea of having static fixed camera in meeting rooms that can connect to your laptop and create shared conference experience is great. I love the move meeting to TV feature as you can turn off laptop if needed and meeting will stay on air. Share screen option with share window option is great in terms of privacy. Also integration with Slack makes it easy to invite new people fast

Inconvénients: Cold start takes too long. Is highly dependent on high speed internet and glitches when having slight network issues. Screen sharing mostly is pixelated and low FPS. Meetings get interrupted with no reason.

Well worth the money

Publié le 22/03/2018
Customer Support Team Lead
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Ease of use and the amazing audio and video quality

Avantages: -Video and Audio quality are industry leading
-Easy to set up
-The new recording feature is fanominal. One-button recording with an instant video link emailed.

Inconvénients: -Square orientation for anyone not using the proprietary camera set up is frustrating as we have many on our team who work together and are forced to each have a laptop open instead of using one computer for the small group.
-It's inhibitive to invite have to download an app to allow somebody to join the call. Allowing in-browser viewing would be better.
-Cost. This is an expensive service and the hardware is not cheap either. It's very high quality but will cost an arm and a leg.

Literally the best video conference experience if you are literally made of money

Publié le 24/04/2019
Digital Technologist
Design, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Love it and love working with them. We use it to maintain constant communication connections to our offices around the world.

Avantages: SO EASY. They have refined the UI over years and years of hard work and everything just WORKS. It's such a good experience. And its pretty, and your brand looks good on it. The audio quality is astounding and there is minimal lag even on spotty connections. Plus screen sharing.

Inconvénients: SO EXPENSIVE. Gobs of money. Zoom doesn't do half as good a job, but its almost a 10th the cost.

Nice conferencing tool

Publié le 12/05/2019
Software Developer
Développement de programmes, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We use Highfive for our regular calls with our colleagues in different offices/countries. It's simple and easy to use, and the mobile app also works well. I like that you can schedule a meeting through Highfive and link it to Google calendar so that the meeting link and all the details show on other members' calendars. Built-in chat is useful in cases you can't hear each other and don't have to jump into another app to ping the call participants.

Inconvénients: I have often experienced issues with sound and screen share. Lately, I haven't been able to share my screen no matter what I do, and no matter if I'm on the desktop app or calling from browser. Even after multiple reinstalls this problem persists and has caused some delays in workflow and discussions.

My Highfive experience

Publié le 06/01/2017
Frank G.
Director of Production
Impression, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I was introduced to HighFive during my transition into a new company. I had spent countless hours in previous businesses fussing with dongles, cords in walls and other nonsense to effectively display and conference. Within five minutes of being introduced to HighFive., I was able to operate effectively and was impressed with its functionality. I would certainly bring this piece of technology with me wherever my career takes me next.

Avantages: How quickly it can be installed and in use, and how friendly the interface is to use.

Inconvénients: Right now the only drawback is some glitching with the launch window, and requiring the user to click leave call instead of closing out the window.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Highfive Technologies le 07/01/2017

So happy to hear that you've enjoyed your experience with Highfive! Thank you for your feedback regarding the end of call experience. I'll make sure to share that with our engineering team.

Highfive- Connect Around The World

Publié le 29/04/2019
Agam A.
Software Engineer
Logiciels, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Highfive is a fantastic tool for doing video conferencing all around the world and it is very easy to install and use. The best part is that you can connect it with any device you want to and all the device delivers HD video and very good audio. One can also share the screen of their device with all the people attending the meeting.

Avantages: The best part is that you can connect it with any device you want to and all the device delivers HD video and very good audio. One can also share the screen of their device with all the people attending the meeting.

Inconvénients: I have not found anything bad until now.

Connecting classrooms

Publié le 21/03/2017
Doug C.
WBL / CTE GRANT Coordinator
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The highfive experience for us has been great. We utilize the systems,(we currently now have 3), for expanding our distance learning programs throughout 3 counties. The video is clear with little to no latency and the Dolby audio is a must-have addition!

Avantages: Zero latency, Dolby audio system, cost, equipment size

Inconvénients: We have to repair the Dolby audio unit every time it isdiconnecterfrom power source to reuse it.
Need to have ability to record through unit (highfive) a session . Rather than third party unit.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Highfive Technologies le 21/03/2017

Glad to hear you're having a good experience with Highfive, especially our audio quality thanks to our partnership with Dolby Voice. In terms of recording, I'm happy to say our team is currently working on to extend our feature set to include it.

In the room on the road!

Publié le 27/11/2018
Senior Data Associate
Internet, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Highfive is a video conferencing tool that is stacked with features and does it better than any of the other conferencing tools I've used. High quality audio, easy to use, and many features make it easy to feel like you're in the office when you're home or traveling. The program allows for screen sharing which is crucial given how often we're sharing or presenting information. It also allows for recording and saving conferences allowing for you to review meetings in case you have to miss a session. Strongly recommend!

Avantages: Highfive does seamless high end video conferencing with ease. Screen sharing is simple to use and responsive eliminating most lag that typically presents in a screen sharing environment.

Inconvénients: There isn't anything I can complain about regarding Highfive

Nice software for conferencing

Publié le 13/01/2019
Product Marketing Manager
Logiciels, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I have been using Highfive for half a year for my conference calls, and it's been quite helpful. The interface is minimalistic and simple, which makes the software really easy to use. The quality of sound and video largely depends on the internet connection, but overall it's been quite satisfactory. I use the scheduling feature quite a lot and it's very handy - you can schedule meetings in high-five, sync those in Google Calendar and invite guests. Sharing screen option is also very useful. I also like how it shows the upcoming meetings at the bottom, in case you forget anything.

Inconvénients: I haven't had any serious issues with this software.

A Good Conferencing Solution

Publié le 14/12/2018
Director Of Technical Services
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall it has been a great conferencing tool for working with our remote staff.

Avantages: All hardware is provided as part of the service making setup and configuration easier.

Inconvénients: Licensing fees are changing which may make it more cost prohibitive. It is not as widely recognized as other conferencing products so corporate firewall blocking can be an issue.

Perfect fit for a home office with multiple remote employees

Publié le 07/06/2017
Emilee C.
Client Relationship Manager
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We are using the professional package with Dolby speakers and camera mount for our home office. There are a number of things I love about Highfive, but the top is call quality. The picture and the sound is really impeccable. Being a remote employee, my days used to be filled with muffled conference lines and disconnect with the home office. I also love the integrations offered. I have the Highfive extension on Google Chrome, integration with my Google Calendar, and integration with our Slack. All of which have been extremely easy to use. I also have found the mobile app to have great call clarity and functionality. Support in app was very responsive and helpful. All around great experience.

Inconvénients: There are a few more features I'd like to see added (like seamless transition from a meeting on my laptop to my phone without having to leave and rejoin the meeting). But that is really just nit picking. The tool does everything we need and more.

Web design and speed.

Publié le 23/05/2018
Maria G.
5 001-10 000 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The strength of HighFive, is definitely the design that has the website and the speed of the video conferences, the truth is that it is a speed that seems like you were talking person to person, and something very fluid and is totally changing the way to communicate.

Inconvénients: I think that the free trial access of this platform should be eliminated, since in several plans they specify free trials and users take advantage of this to not pay the memberships.