Avis clients sur Blackboard Learn

En savoir plus sur Blackboard Learn

Grâce à ses technologies et services innovants, Blackboard for Business aide les organisations à transformer l'apprentissage en avantage stratégique.

En savoir plus sur Blackboard Learn

A few dollars more is well worth the money spent.

I don't like how Blackboard constant go through changes and is often down or having technical issues that'll need to be passed onto customer service.

Blackboard Learn - Notes

3,8
3,9
4,0
4,0

Blackboard Learn a reçu une note globale de 4,1 étoiles sur 5 d'après 436 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Blackboard Learn ?

Crystal
Crystal
HR Assistant
Cabinets médicaux, 51-200 employés

Blackboard Review

4,0 il y a 6 mois
Sous-titres en français disponibles pour la vidéo
Kelsi
Kelsi
Accounting Project Manager (É.-U.)
Vétérinaire, 5 001-10 000 employés

Best program for higher education

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Super easy to use and find my courses and what I need to do next. Easy to connect with other students and professors. There are lots of integrations that allow for the program to be accessible and adaptable to all.

I wish there was an easier way to see what is doing next or some sort of task list that I could create on my own.

Jamie
Jamie
Salesforce Developer + Admin (É.-U.)
Logiciels, 11-50 employés

Reliable where it counts

4,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Blackboard is a rather intuitive learning platform, packed with a huge amount of features. If you need it for your school, it can be done. There were also a number of training materials and good customer support. It's reliable, which means students and instructors will know when to expect outages and prepare accordingly.

The UI, until recently, was a bit stale and outdated in appearance. Thankfully this has been updated and seems more modernistic now. It is also a bit more expensive than alternatives.

Gail
University Supervisor (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés

BB Review

3,0 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : I loved it, until advanced tech came along and had trouble with upload of videos

Ease of communication with students and ease learning curve at beginning. of use. Little l

Lack of compatible add-ons that were needed

Eduardo
Eduardo
Student (Mexique)
Énergies renouvelables et environnement, Auto-entrepreneur

Blackboard, learn in a complex fashion

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : If you compare this to operating systems, blackboard provides a more linux/windows experience. The platform is robust and complex with a lot to offer, but this pro at the same time makes it a downside since it is not user friendly compared to other market competitors. As a student who used it for 3+ years. I understand and appreciate what the platform provides but I prefer simplicity over complexity.

The big scale design of the platform is ideal to have all your academic needs in one. Access to a combine calendar allowing for easy visualization of homeworks, projects and tasks. Easy view of currents classes and course materials. With the years of experience this platform is reliable and complete.

Even though the complexity is robust, sometimes it can be overwhelming for students and ease of access across the platform is not the best compared to other market competitors.

Office Administrator (Kenya)
Conseil en gestion, 201-500 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Perfect and always saves time

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

The softwares capacity to synchronize contacts and users information.

Near to perfect but it has little hitch when it comes to support.

Business Developer (Italie)
Banque, 51-200 employés

Effective tool for the education industry

4,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

It has a big amount of features and it's easy to use as a learner at the university. There are also interesting collaborative functions.

I think it might be difficult for young learners, so I don't think is suitable for higher education.

Emma
Emma
graphic designer (É.-U.)
Design graphique, Auto-entrepreneur

Great platform for students!

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

I like that I can see all my classes in one place, as well as access my assignments and grades easily.

Sometimes it would go down for maintenance, but usually those time periods were only a couple of hours to a day at most.

Alice
Alice
Freelance Translator (Italie)
Traduction et localisation, Auto-entrepreneur

Excellent tool for remote learning

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : I like Blackboard Learn very much for the possibility to have a platform to share materials with students and monitor their progress and/or engagement. A good compromise between in person lessons and remote learning.

The software offers you a large number of features to manage remote learning and monitor students' progresses. It both supports the upload of material for asynchronous learning and live lessons with the possibility for participants to intervene in the chat or through the mic.

Some features are quite counter-intuitive to manage and you need proper training to get to know all of them, especially regarding asynchronous videos to post for independent study.

Fiona
Coordinator of Innovation and Pedagogy (Canada)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Nice platform

3,0 il y a 2 mois

Good platform for running an online school

there are other platforms that are less costly. integrations were clunky.

Media Worker (É.-U.)
Production audiovisuelle, 1 001-5 000 employés

Canvas is Better

2,0 il y a 4 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Switch to Canvas

Blackboard covered the basic necessities for online schooling

However, the software is clunky, poorly managed, and very hard to navigate with many bugs

Nhat
Nhat
Instructor (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés

Blackboard Learn Review

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I had great experience with Blackboard Learn and I will continue to use it in the future. I have not found any other education software out there that can do what Blackboard Learn does.

It is easy to use and has all of the feature I need like auto grade, the ability to create quiz and text on the fly and allow the student to get involved in the discussion.

There is nothing I do not like about the software.

Signe
Signe
Owner (É.-U.)
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur

Simplifies Grades, Course Communications, & Materials Distribution

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : There are a lot of learning management systems out there, and I've used several of them. Blackboard is my favorite. It has excellent capabilities, improves organization, and makes it very easy to communicate with students.

Blackboard is a great tool for communicating with students, distributing course materials, and recording student grades. The "one-stop shopping" approach makes it easy for professors to stay organized in each class, and it also makes it easy for students to stay organized. When used well, Blackboard allows you to do everything from communicating with students to uploading assignment sheets to sending class announcements. As a writing professor, I especially appreciate the SafeAssign feature that checks student assignments for plagiarism. Once I started requiring my students to use SafeAssign, I found that plagiarism attempts dropped off significantly. (So did attempts to recycle papers from one course to another.) In addition, SafeAssign saves me a lot of leg work when students DO plagiarize -- it flags the suspect text as well as the source, so I don't have to hunt it down myself.

For me, Blackboard wasn't intuitive to learn. Even after 7 years of using it nearly ever day during the semester, I had some challenges making it do what I wanted it to do. I often spent far more time than I should have trying to customize things for my courses. But, as long as I stuck to the basic features -- which are also the ones I personally found most useful/beneficial -- Blackboard was a great tool for organizing my courses and keeping students on track.

Tanay
Software Developer (Inde)
Électronique grand public, 201-500 employés

Wow..an excellent online Learning platform

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Pandemic-related problems with submitting assignments and accessing information for my online and face-to-face classes. It has become increasingly apparent to me as I progress through graduate school that this site will be useful not only for my coursework, but also for group presentations and collaboration with other students.

My assignments and materials are organized in one place. As of the most recent update, it is now much easier to use than it used to be. Assigning assignments and adding details to classes has never been simpler. Now, it's much easier to use than it was before. The process of giving students feedback and organizing my responses is simple. It's also how I communicate with them. As a result, it's easy to refer back to them and remember what I said. I also like that Blackboard integrates well with other apps. When it comes to presentations, I rely heavily on VoiceThread and Panopto. GoReact and Top Hat are also on my to-do list.

An update to the mobile app is still in order. There is a lot of work to be done on this project. On the web, the user experience was much better.

Professor of Science (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 501-1 000 employés

A decent LMS, but there are better ones out there that have less workability issues

Commentaires : I have used both Blackboard and Moodle in the past, and I found them very similar for what they offered. I would have been fine using Blackboard indefinitely had I not found out about Canvas, which is what we are using now and I am absolutely it's biggest fan!

I used Blackboard for almost 10 years, and it was a decent LMS for my needs. When Blackboard Collaborate came out, it was even better because it added a new layer of possibilities (I could have several webinar/conversations going, merge conversations, and/or present to different groups at one time). However, there were always bugs in the system, even though we updated constantly. The Blackboard app was also very limited.

Too many bugs and freezes; many of my students had issues with accessing links when they used different internet browsers. Good for a small school or business, but not larger ones.

Rafael
Rafael
Undergraduate Finalist Student (Portugal)
Enseignement supérieur, 201-500 employés

One of the best e-learning softwares for (higher) education

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : My overall experience with Blackboard Learn is amazing, since it is a platform that has all the features (and beyond) I need for higher education (as a student).
The communication and course management are just spot on.
I feel this software has a great potential and amazing capabilities and it is definitely my favorite e-learning platform. I could easily recommend it to any higher education student/teacher.

What I like the most about Blackboard Learn is the amazing and complete features it offers to its users. I use this software for higher education (as a student) and it is very complete and reliable. I can track all my courses, appointments, works, grades, files and many more in the same place, which is perfect for me. I also like the fact I can communicate with my teachers within this platform and the possibility to activate the email notifications for every course is a great add-up for this software.

What I like the least about this software is the User Interface (UI), as I consider the navigability could be better and the features could yet be more accessible and easier to use. Other than that, I don't have any other "complaints" about Blackboard Learn. I may mention that in the beginning of the pandemic, with the introduction of online classes, this software was a life-saver and my institution needed to contact the support team, who was very responsive and agile to solve all the issues at that time.

Arturo
Arturo
Multi-tasking (Mexique)
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés

Your new classroom (digital)

4,0 il y a 6 mois

Commentaires : The experience that Blackboard gives you is satisfactory since several other platforms, its management system between courses, and the power to upload files or open documents that teachers upload to their respective courses, are not as easy to do as in blackboard, since the software is very friendly for students like us and makes it not cost us work in performing all its functions that it gives us.

Being still a student, I love the ease with which I can move within the interface and change courses because if you have several subjects, you can easily locate them and see the content very easily. Inside the software, you can see practically everything as if it were a classroom since you can hold virtual meetings, see your content/tasks to do, see your final grades, take your final exams, etc. It is a platform that stands out for its excellence in education since the page rarely crashes or presents some difficulties.

It may be difficult at first to navigate through the different menus/pages/courses because the platform does not give us that simply look the first time we see it, as unlike its competitors in the market, this one has a slightly less friendly view. But it is rescued if for example our school/university gives us within Blackboard a small tutorial on the essentials you should know about this software. But honestly, I do not see many cons to Blackboard because it is a platform that gives us what we are looking for and that is why it is one of the top e-learning software.

Luis Carlos
Luis Carlos
Professor (Guatemala)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201-500 employés

Does the job and has everything you need

4,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : I like that it does a little bit of everything. Some other professors at my university liked to rely on BB Learn for everything, including video-conference and online exams. Being as feature rich as it is, BB Learn has the problem that the user interface might be very challenging for some people. I guess you either really like it or really don't, so when it doesn't click you can get frustrated by a lot of things. Still, for the people loving it, they will make the most out of it. One of the best tools out there. Easy to recommend for general purposes.

I like that if you're a power user and your students get into it, this is probably the only eLearning tool you will ever need. It has everything from homework assignments to actual video-conference; besides of the usual tools like forums and work groups. The online exams are very useful, specially if you don't want to manually grade tons and tons of tests.

I don't like the user interface. Most of the tools are one more click away than I think they should. Very useful things like the exams are really powerful, but creating them is so awkward that sometimes you prefer to just handle a document.

Lee
Program Coordinator (É.-U.)
E-learning, 501-1 000 employés

BLACKBOARD LEARN – you don’t know how good something is until it’s gone!

5,0 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Blackboard Learn (BBL) was much better than we knew! You don’t always have control over what tools or LMS you have to use, but if you (or someone else) think that you’d prefer a different LMS - BE CAREFUL what you wish for! I loved the Grade Book’s versatility and ability to easily download it for offline management when needed. Also, when we still had BBL (yes, ‘they’ have switched us to a different LMS) I used it for online classes and as an e-Companion to onsite classes. Loading and transferring content and tests was pretty easy. I MISS BBL!

I found that Blackboard Learn is much easier to use than other online platforms used in higher education. Being able to easily add materials and instructional documents to an online course is critical especially when a department adopts a new edition of a textbook. The quiz/test builder within Blackboard Learn is also quite user friendly and being able to export exams from a previous course and import to a future course is a real time saver!

The discussion board when entering grades can sometimes be a little confusing, trying to determine if the student is replying to a classmate’s post – especially if the student has not included the classmate’s name in their reply, but that’s really more due to a student not following instructions and not the program.

Cary
Assistant Professor - History (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 5 001-10 000 employés

True and Tried (but also Tired)

4,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : Please see above :). I've used BB since I was in college (back in the aughts) and regret that my future students at CSUSB will not have access to it moving forward. Even still, I likely won't miss the gradebook, though Canvas' leaves much to desire as well...

I know it extremely well, find it to be easy to operate, think its features are strong and easily accessible, and have had very few incidents with students being totally baffled by it. We switched to Canvas this year, and I rue the day the decision was made.

The GUI for our version of Blackboard was extremely dated (we did not use Ultra, which frankly seems like a Canvas clone). I would offer the following analogy... Blackboard : Canvas :: PowerPoint : Keynote (... and I'm a PC user). It's boxy, somewhat drab, and looks a bit 'late Geocities // Fark.com'-era. EVEN STILL: I don't mind it - I'd rather have functionality than aesthetics, which is the tradeoff made with Canvas. DEADLY SERIOUS NOTE HERE: The BB Gradebook has always been, continues to be, and seemingly will forever remain an enormous hassle. It is slow, tedious to adjust, difficult to manage, and user unfriendly.

Eugenio
Professor (Espagne)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

How a big platform loose the ranking

Commentaires : The mobolebapp is not functional, there is no gamification nor maestries.

I like the advertisements they did in the past, everyone knew how expensive and famous it was.

They did not innovate, they both a lot of little competitors and lately they are selling them because that strategy has lost again more innovative platforms and cheaper.

Gerald
Student (É.-U.)
Design, 501-1 000 employés

Blackboard as a home base for college students

4,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : I had a fairly pleasant experience with blackboard, i was able to do much of the tasks I expect to be able to do on an LMS. I just wish that the design interface would be more simple and modern. Also more functionalities and integrations would be nice. Eg: opening a pdf file on blackboard directly instead of a redirection to a page or a pop up

I like that it is fairly easy to use. Users don’t require extensive training to be able to use the product, and I like that as a student I can upload assignments and get learning modules from the same place, so it is convenient.

I think the user interface design is a bit outdated. It is less appealing than other LMS such as canvas learn. I also hear a lot of my professors complain about how complicated it is on their side to navigate blackboard due to the repetitiveness and redundancy of blackboard.

Brian
Sr. Health data analyst ()
Cabinets médicaux, 10 000+ employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Great way to manage several classes with great flexibility to match personal style

Commentaires : Overall it’s an improvement over just 20 years ago when a syllabus and careful listening were the only way to connect with students. Also, I’ve had great success sharing ideas with colleagues. Of course, faculty can be just irritating as the abovementioned students. I’d say an “ignore” buttons would make this score go from a 7 to a 9.

I love the ability to reach all of my students or any subgroup in multiple ways. For example, personalized announcement, group emails, meeting and grading in realtime, scheduling office hours, and getting notifications are just a few of the native services, and each can be customized l.

The law of unintended consequences applies directly to blackboard. The same convenient and varied options that make the product great also give students more access (and wildly unrealistic expectations) to their professors. This is great for the 5% of students who have helpful and legitimate questions, but obnoxious for those who expect instant responses, midnight submissions, and A grades for D papers because “they clearly are trying. Just look at their blackboard logs and see!”

Cody
Director of Online Learning and Instructional Technology (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001-5 000 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Blackboard works well enough, still trying to catch up.

4,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Blackboard works well enough for what we need to use it for. There are other LMS that work equally as well, if not better, so there is healthy competition to push Blackboard to improve.

Blackboard is a relatively stable platform with few major bugs that restrict users from completing tasks. It has a long history and many users are familiar with the LMS.

Some of the tools don't always work as smoothly as you'd like. They are making major improvements but there are still issues that come up to make it a cohesive experience and tools not feel as disjointed.

Bret
Associate Professor of Spanish (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001-5 000 employés

After over 6 years with BlackBoard, you get used to it

4,0 il y a 6 mois

Commentaires : Overall, it gets the job done. Although I have heard that most people like Canvas better.

I like that I can create quizzes, embed media, create a gradebook, select the language, etc.

BlackBoard learn can be limited in many ways. For example, you are very limited with modifying the look of the course sites. Also, with assessments, you can give partial credit is a students gets the answer partially correct on a fill-in-the-blank assessment. I also don't like how it organizes the grades the students can see.

Kayla
Student (É.-U.)
Biotechnologie, Auto-entrepreneur

BlackBoard as a student

Commentaires : It's super easy to navigate and find all your resources on. It's well organized and I love it.

I really like using blackboard. It is a lot better than other programs I've had to learn for school. It is super easy to navigate. You can find all your assignments there. There's a calendar to make when assignments are due. My favorite part I think, is the fact that you can email another student through blackboard. So if you are doing a project and you've never met your partner, or don't have their information, you can email them through blackboard.

There really isn't anything that I don't like about it.