Great product which keeps getting better & customer service can't be beat

Publié le 12/08/2016
Antonio V.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Zola Suite is an excellent product which delivers in every advertised aspect. You get exactly what they tell you you will get. And if you're unsure, you get a free trial of the product for 1 month to decide for yourself. In the 6+ months I've used Zola Suite I am continuously impressed by the features the product contains (and the list grows on a weekly basis by way of updates that happen in the background). When I began using Zola Suite there were lots of features that weren't necessary for me as a solo-practitioner who just started his own firm. However, now that I have a secretary and two paralegals, I see how helpful & useful all the functions are that several months ago I did not even see a need for. Zola is an excellent company, run by people with a true passion for the work they do and the product they are selling. The couple times I have had issues that necessitated my calling customer support, someone was always on the other end of the line right away, they addressed my concerns & if they couldn't, they assured me whatever issue would be brought up to the developers to come up with a fix ASAP. And in the few occasions I had an issue they couldn't immediately remedy, they lived to their promise that it was fixed within a couple days. The reason I so wholeheartedly endorse this product is because I spent a lot of time researching the best case/firm management software for my firm today as well as my firm as I see it 1, 5, and 10 years down the road. I demo'ed all the other options as I did Zola and in the end even though Zola wasn't the most feature packed, or didn't have the most 3rd party integration as some of the others had at that time, I knew from speaking to them that everything I needed would be coming, and when it came, it would be delivered in a better, easier to use, more seamless package than any of their competitors. And after close to 9 months with Zola, everything I was promised has been delivered and then some. If I could invest my own money into this company I would do so in a heartbeat.

Avantages: Great user interface. Reliable. Excellent customer service. Consistent updates making the product even better & adding new features (without charging you more for them).

Inconvénients: Not every feature you want may be available today.

Great now, but with room to grow even greater.

Publié le 21/11/2017
Michael L.
Staff Attorney
Services juridiques
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The website and app are easy to use, responsive and have a fairly logical layout. It's easy to search and find information, and data input is relatively simple. Our office doesn't use Zola as an all-in-one solution, but for the parts we use daily (which is still most of the features), we're very happy with the state of the software. Customer service has been incredibly responsive, and you really get the feel that they are willing to invest the time in problem solving. I also really feel like my input has been taken into account as product updates roll out. The mobile app has improved by leaps and bounds. It is in an excellent place, and very usable.

Inconvénients: There are still a few bugs and features to fill in gaps as the software matures further, but nothing that prevents functionality. I've been with Zola for about 18 months; what would have been my biggest cons 6 months ago have since been addressed. The email interface requires the most work, but it too is nonetheless in a good state. Tagging emails to cases could be a little easier, and moving emails to different folders could be more responsive and update more quickly. I'd also quibble about needing to use multiple tabs to get full functionality out of the software (at minimum, Dashboard, Email, and Calendar all need to be semi-permanently open because it's not easy to switch between them otherwise); That's not a huge deal, just a minor annoyance. Last thing, and this is very minor: I'd love to see a style update through the whole website. It's not cluttered, which is great, but I don't feel like it has a very modern look.

Finally ... a forward-thinking, cutting edge solution combining full functionality and ease of use.

Publié le 23/08/2017
Joe B.
Founding Attorney
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The email integration is a revelation. Not only does it allow me to organize all email by matter, the automatic timer that creates a time entry for every email pays for the subscription by itself. Document management and automation are both outstanding in Zola. The user interface is outstanding. Every screen is logically laid out, packed with all the information I want to see at a glance, and visually appealing (don't underestimate the value there - if it's irritating to look at, you won't want to use it). The integrated accounting solution is excellent, including the ability to write checks directly from Zola. Everything about Zola suggests that this solution combines the ability to cover all of the usual practice management bases (calendar, tasks, time entry, etc) with the vision to develop and incorporate new, innovative features that will set new industry standards and to rethink how the ordinary can be done more efficiently. The option of creating a custom-branded app for your practice is just one example of what sets Zola apart. Another is the email integration with R-Post, providing the ability to send encrypted, registered email that provides proof of delivery and receipt. Litigators will love that capability. I've tried all the industry leaders, and I have finally found a long-term solution.

Inconvénients: The process of sending an invoice could be streamlined, enabling the entire creation and delivery of the invoice from one screen (it requires a trip to the accounting tab to finish), and a send button would be nice, rather than the small share icon. Still, once you learn it, the process works as is. The client portal is new and fairly basic (with the exception of the optional smart phone app), enabling only limited document sharing, and lacks the private messaging and other functions I have found in other providers. But I think it is only a matter of time before Zola fully develops this secure communication tool. Email integration has been a bit buggy, but so far tech support has resolved any issues that cropped up.

A case management system that truly works for solos.

Publié le 20/06/2016
S H.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Zola Suites is a comprehensive case management program that is constantly improving. Its affordable, easily accessible, loaded with guides and tutorials to help us slow and technologically challenged lawyers, and the customer service is top notch. As a solo practitioner it has been difficult to find a case management software company that truly cares about your practice and that is truly there to help you along the way. Zola does that to ensure you are getting the most out of its software to improve the efficiency and productivity of your practice. Your questions and concerns are immediately responded to and resolved, in a professional, nice and friendly manner. And Zola is constantly improving upon its features to grow with your practice and the legal industry. Though there are tons of legal case management programs on the market, Zola after only a little over a year since its inception, is one of the best.

Avantages: The task template which allows me to create specific templates based upon my practice and how I work versus a generic input system.

Inconvénients: I would like to see the task template updated to automatically populate a time schedule based upon the user's creation, in which of course the user should be able to revise it as needed for each entry. I would also like to see more customized billing. The current invoices are too generic. Lastly, document assembly and a document automation component is something Zola should consider as well.

envoyé par Zola Suite le 20/06/2016

Thanks for the review! Invoices can be customized to add as much (or as little) detail as you would like. Our support team will contact you to help you reconfigure your current template until you are 100% satisfied. Document assembly and automation features are in development and will be rolled out later this summer. Stay tuned, you won¿t be disappointed. We are also working on updating our task templates to add more features and will reach out to you to get your input.

A must have for every modern law office

Publié le 07/03/2019
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: All the features Zola has to offer far exceed my expectations. The fact that you can tie every aspect of your law office in one central location makes everything so much easy in day to day operations. Document storage, data base, billing, expense tracking, template creation and usage, email. Everything you need in one location at the touch of a button

Inconvénients: Emailing has limits in that there is no delivery/read receipt. In this day of electronic filing and communication, these features are very important to a law office. The app has a significant amount of limits that make its use a bit frustrating for our attorneys as they can't utilize all the billing codes properly for our firm.

envoyé par Zola Suite le 12/03/2019

Thank you for your review! We're committed to your firm's success and we're so happy to hear that we've exceeded your expectations.

We do offer advanced proof of (email) delivery via an exclusive integration with RMail. We'd be happy to walk you through the process of sending one of these messages. As with the other features in Zola Suite, it's designed with the user in mind and you can do it all right through your dashboard ¿ no third party logins required!

We'd love to learn a bit more about the issues you've encountered with billing codes. Our main goal is to help you run a more efficient practice, so please contact us at your earliest convenience.

A comprehensive system that meets all of my practice management needs

Publié le 02/12/2017
James M.
Support client

Avantages: The RPost (e-mail encryption and e-signatures) and LawPay integrations, along with all of Zola Suite's inherent features (case management, custom forms, document automation, document management, excellent time tracking, client portal, business and trust accounting, etc.) provide a seamless and paperless process from client intake and e-signature of the engagement letter to getting the work done to billing and receipt of payment. And, I don't have to worry about learning how to use another piece of software to manage my firm's books and trust account. The iOS app is fantastic and allows me to practice from any location where internet or cellular service is available. The system is easy to use and quite intuitive. Zola's knowledge base website and tutorial videos fill in any gaps on learning a few of the features that are less intuitive. Customer service has been very responsive on the two occasions I have contacted them. Overall, the more that I use Zola Suite, the more convinced I become about the wisdom of going with them for my law practice management system.

Inconvénients: At one point, the e-mail integration was a bit buggy, and the merging of data from custom form fields for the document automation feature did not work as advertised on the training video. Fortunately, both of those issues have been resolved and have worked well since then.

Practice management that understands that this is a business I'm running

Publié le 12/01/2018
Andrew P.
Principal
Support client

Avantages: The two big things that Zola gets right are the accounting component and work flow for billing.
Before trying Zola, I tried manual spreadsheets, FreshBooks, Harvest, CaseOne, Clio, Xero, ebility, and probably some others. None of them got out of the way and let me run a business like Zola does. Yes, they assume that I have a dedicated office manager, but even when I do, why would I want to do that to them?
Clio is close, because it understands the way that legal cases files flow, and if Clio were starting now, I think they would handle matters and clients like Zola Suite does. The alternatives I spend the most time with, Clio and Xero, are married to their cloud integration such that it seems that they can't add really obvious features because they would cannibalize (aka "Sherlock") their partners.
Zola is a better platform because other sites that relay on integrations to other apps mean they have one-way sync and one-way is stupid for billing because I need it to be in one place not two.

Inconvénients: There are some user interface things that I think will improve in the coming year. (For example, I don't use Zola for email, the fact that it is front and center doesn't help me, but that is not something I have to work around.) They publish their roadmap so I know that the platform is going to develop.

Overall, very pleased with the software, generally easy to use, really enjoy working with the compan

Publié le 06/02/2018
Ramey K.
Attorney & Member
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Handles most of the tasks of law firm administration and management with ease. Really makes life and running a law office simpler, particularly for a solo or small firm with little to no staff.

Avantages: The responsiveness of tech support and customer service to not only troubleshooting problems, but suggested features and improvements, is absolutely top notch. That alone is enough to really recommend Zola.

Inconvénients: Sometimes, the workflow can be a bit awkward, as some features are less intuitive or require more steps. Links that you would expect to be there are sometimes missing (for example, there is no way to click on the Matter on the Task item to go to the Matter page). For the most part, though, these things are often fixed in updates, and the usability continues to be refined so that clunkier parts of the site get better over time.

I have used almost every legal software available. Zola is by far the most user friendly!

Kelly L.
Legal Assistant
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Time keeping is the biggest!

Avantages: Zola customer service is prompt and very helpful. The software is user friendly and easy to navigate through. Time keeping and invoicing is very simple. We used to miss a lot of billable time not logging all emails, but with Zola once you open your email and select a matter the timer begins and is added to your matter time sheet when you click send! Zola seems to be updating their software often and offers new helpful features.

Inconvénients: Caseway can use some work. Our clients find it difficult to set up their Caseway accounts. But it is constantly being improved with updates. The other, (although a minor issue) it would be nice to open attachments to view before downloading or saving to Zola docs.

ZolaSuite

Publié le 07/05/2019
JD, Pending Admission
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I did a trial run of Clio, PracticePanther and ZolaSuite. In the end, I liked Zola's platform the most. The solo I am joining is also a ZolaCreative client, so we were comfortable with them already. The benefits for me as someone who plans to start out a general or multi-practice lawyer, I have a solution that can accommodate a wide range of practice areas.

Avantages: The customization. I recently passed the bar exam and I am joining a solo practitioner who has been an attorney for 35 years. His law practice management software is only suitable for his litigation practice area. So if I wanted to do a real estate closing or estate planning the software doesn't have the capacity to handle that. So I began the search for my own solution. I am going to start out as a general practitioner. I like the fact that for each area of law I can load in custom screens for the data I need. Document versioning along with zDrive is another great feature.

Inconvénients: I haven't come across any true cons yet. I have had trouble syncing my email on my own (but I think that is because I went through a domain switch after initially syncing my email). But I am going to reach out to support soon, which I am sure will quickly take care of it.

A great change!

Publié le 06/04/2017
Ashley V.
Law Clerk
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We had been using antiquated practice management software that no longer had any support available, so it was time to make a change. We really appreciated ZolaSuite's attentive nature in helping our firm transition over to the new system, and really love how quickly the support staff gets back to us. We have had the pleasure of watching Zola grow and develop over the past year, and we would never go back to the old system. Being able to have access to our case management system from anywhere, without using a VPN, is so helpful and efficient. There are sooo many great features on Zola that we never had before and it has really helped our firm grow as well!

Avantages: All the neat features that really help with my workflow

Inconvénients: Some bugs here and there, but we understand that Zola is constantly being developed. Miss a few features from TimeMatters, like being able to cross-relate files and contacts.

The software is very intuitive making the transition from other software a snap

Publié le 07/02/2018
Eric D.
Criminal Defense Attorney
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This software loads fast and is streamlined and instinctive. I am a former abacus user. It took me less than an hour to learn and master tasks in zolasuite that it took me months to figure out on abacus. In addition, the mobile app is huge if you are on the road. Even something as simple as being able to immediately create a timeslip for a phonecall you may have had with a client while waiting during a court recess is huge. It monetizes something you may as soon forget about when you return to the office. This means zolasuite could very well pay for itself based upon revenue you dont lose.

Inconvénients: The migration from abacus was an issue. It occurred two weeks ago and what notes that are there are scrambled and attached to cases thet don't belong to. It may be worthwhile to handle this yourself.

envoyé par Zola Suite le 12/02/2018

Eric, thank you so much for this very thorough (and flattering) review. Regarding migration of your Notes, I'm very sorry we missed the mark on that; we actually pride ourselves in performing highly accurate and thorough migrations.

I'm reaching out to you personally to make sure we get it right asap.

Fred Cohen, CEO

This is the most comprehensive Legal CMS in it's price range, by far!

Publié le 08/01/2018
Billie M.
Forfeiture Counsel
Support client

Avantages: The interface is intuitive so I can easily teach myself as I go. I like that almost every option is customizable to look and feel the way I want it to - without having jump through a zillion special hoops for the customization process. Just a click or two and I'm done.

Inconvénients: Hmmmm, not much, really. There's a glitch with the google calendar sync where it duplicates entries too many times. But I'd rather it tell me twice than not at all! (I think this glitch is fixed now, anyway).

I am sorry to say that this company cannot deliver the product it promised.

Publié le 12/02/2018
Catherine B.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am afraid that I wasted money on this software. It promised a number of very useful features and was easy to use. However, after 6 months, the ability to manage emails was ruined by a bug that prevented me from deleting emails from my Inbox. This makes the software unusable - I cannot have emails piling up in my Inbox. Since the company is unable to correct the problem, I must move on to the different product.

Avantages: The interface is attractive and intuitive. The features would be excellent if they worked. The invoicing system is easy to use, and the program promises a number of useful attributes.

Inconvénients: Unfortunately, this product does not work and the company cannot fix it. While using the software for 6 months, we encountered several glitches. Until recently, we could live with those glitches. However, the software now refuses to delete emails from my Inbox and the company cannot correct this problem. The problem is severe - I cannot have emails piling up in my Inbox forever - and forces me to get rid of the program even though I prepaid for three annual licenses. In addition, the calendar sync with Outlook does not work at all (even though the company claims it syncs with Outlook) and it does not sync contacts with Outlook. The company has been unable to deliver the upgrades and improvements that it promised.

envoyé par Zola Suite le 13/02/2018

We're very sorry for the frustrations you've encountered. I'm personally going to see to it that we pull out all stops to address the issues you're encountering.

Fred Cohen, CEO

All in one practice management software

Publié le 02/04/2019
Jannine M.
Services juridiques, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus de deux ans
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Very responsive. Love the software.

Avantages: Everything you need to run your practice on 1 platform. Integrated email allow one less software program and saving communications directly to client file.

Inconvénients: Email can have glitches at times but the Zola team is constantly updating, fixing bugs and adding new features.

Law Office of J. Curtis Brown, LLC

Publié le 09/04/2019
John B.
attorney
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I think the overall time that is saved by using Zola Suite is amazing. It streamlines most processes and you are able to capture time and do accounting for the firm all in one software.

Avantages: I like the ability to have both a place to record time and calendar events with the ability to have the accounting piece included.

Inconvénients: The thing i like the least is having to record a time entry and then check that a task has been completed. If it were all in one process it would be less time consuming.

Good Product -- would subscribe agan

Publié le 24/01/2018
-edward R.
Member
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Saves me about 3 hours a month on billing and other administrative tasks.

Avantages: I like the ability that this product gives me to blend different types of billing methods within the same client. I have been searching for a product that would allow both hourly and flat fee billing by matter and not client.

Inconvénients: Still trying to get my hands around the accounting module. Not sure if I am better to wait for full Quick Books integration to start using that functionality. Need to have some method for accounting for expense disbursement which does not require the entry of a check.

It has been an easy, yet not smooth, transition to Zola Suite from Practice Panther.

Publié le 16/02/2018
Camila V.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like how fast the search engine pulls up names of contacts and matters. The functionality of the search engine works really well for our purposes, especially when we need to search a phone number or e-mail address, or any identifying information other than a name. The easy access to time entries is also very useful as a office manager. I also appreciate how readily accessible communications, notes, events, tasks, documents, invoices, and expenses are in the client matter.

Inconvénients: We had hoped to change our template software but this was not possible because the fields merged by Zola aren't of any use to us in our firm. I would also like to be able to click on a matter name anywhere in the program and be sent directly to the matter page. Additionally, I would like to be able to link events, tasks, and e-mails to closed matters without having to re-open and close them every time.

Love this software

Publié le 16/04/2018
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: My favorite thing about this software is being able to access every case and document from anywhere. I also love the way that emails can be attached to cases eliminating the need to search through emails every time I have to go back.

Inconvénients: The only negative thing I have to say about this software is that I wish you could save attachments directly through Outlook. I find navigating outlook easier that the email associated with Zola and it would be nice to be able to save it directly into a file rather than saving it onto my desktop first.

Zola suite for single practitoner

Publié le 04/05/2018
Randall C.
Attorney - owner
Immobilier, 2-10 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Had it for a year. Building a great client contact list. Providing tasks to the office on the go is very functional

Avantages: Calendar / task / mobile app really work well access by principal & staff — exchanging between staff works well

Inconvénients: Financial component is weakest part — ended up getting a simple program for trust accounting. Just didn’t integrate the billing component— felt other programs did it better

User friendly system

Publié le 01/05/2018
Lorienne N.
paralegal
Support client

Avantages: What I like most about Zola is the easy access to email on the front screen. I also like how you can enter events into the calendar from the email.

Inconvénients: What I like least about this software is the difficulty of creating templates. I signed up for training on how to use templates but it wasn't much help.

envoyé par Zola Suite le 07/05/2018

Thank you for your review of Zola Suite. We're glad Zola Suite is helping streamline emails and calendaring. Depending on your requirements there are a number of ways that document templates can be set up. We're going to reach out to you so that we can set up a few together via screen share.

We have been impressed with ZolaSuite after switching from using Amicus Attorney for over 10 years.

Scott B.
Attorney/President
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The document management integration and email integration are extremely useful to allow our team to work remotely whether from home or court. I have also been extremely impressed by Zola's customer support as well as the constant innovations.

Inconvénients: I wish Zola had a separate tab for phone messages and the ability to add multiple team members to events. Zola also limits the number of timers a team member can have up at a time to 5. This creates a problem if a person is working between more than five cases.

Excellent Service

Publié le 22/10/2018
Crystal B.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus de deux ans
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Zola has made my job as a paralegal simple. I can store everything on the website.

Avantages: It’s ease of use. The software is simple and easy to use.

Inconvénients: It signs you out after a certain period of inactivity.

An all inclusive package at a great value

Publié le 18/02/2018
Sonya B.
Attorney-Owner
Support client

Avantages: Choosing ZolaSuite was quite the process for me, but in the end I went with ZolaSuite because of the integrated email and the fact that the accounting software is included. The integration with Outlook (email and calendar) has worked out very well. I also found the software to be fairly intuitive. Customer Service has been very responsive when I've needed to contact them (usually less than 12 hrs definitely within 24). I do a number of pro bono cases and like that I can track the time and create invoices showing the time without a charge by simply checking a box.

Inconvénients: The only thing that has been disappointing to me about the software is that due dates cannot be assigned to subtasks in the task templates, only to the completion of the task as a whole.

Very user friendly

Jeffrey J.
Partner
Support client

Avantages: Ease of use, everything is all in one spot, great features, incorporates with my other software (i.e. - LawPay)

Inconvénients: There are frequent updates to roll out new features. Although this is a good thing, things changing frequently in the software can sometimes slow down processing time.