En savoir plus sur brightwheel

Essayez une démo gratuite pour découvrir à quel point les arrivées/sorties, les fiches de présence numériques et les communications avec les parents peuvent être faciles à gérer !

En savoir plus sur brightwheel

Keeps the students information in hand. Very useful and inexpensive if you use the trial version.

The only thing that was sometimes frustrating was the messaging feature-sometimes we did not get an email notifying us there was a message and it would take a while to see and respond to it.

brightwheel - Notes

brightwheel a reçu une note globale de 4.7 étoiles sur 5 d'après 2 775 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Filtrer les avis (2 775)

Note du produit

Note du produit

Utilisation

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé brightwheel ?

Michael B.
Michael B.
Field Sales Rep (É.-U.)
Marketing et publicité, 1 001-5 000 employés

Every daycare should use this app. Period

5 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : I love this app. From the messages, calendar, and learning icons, everything is so interactive. Deciding to place your little one in the care of strangers can be stressful and overwhelming; but this software made us feel more at ease because we were able to see all of our child's happenings throughout the day! No need to guess what time your child went to potty or if they had a nap. Just long on the app and the care provider takes all of the guesswork away! Love it!

This app is awesome. It keeps parents in touch with how their child's day is progressing. I was able to see what time my baby had her meals (am snack and lunch), as well as what time she fell asleep and woke up. I was also was able to keep track of her potty times, and the daycare also would upload pics of my daughter throughout the day! Kept me engaged and excited to know that my child was being taken care of!

No complaints. I never even heard of this app until I enrolled my daughter at a daycare who uses this app. I am glad they do. You literally get to track all of your little ones happenings throughout the day! So neat!

Sherrie D.
Director/Owner (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 2-10 employés

Easy to set up and easy to use with many features

4 la semaine dernière Nouveau

Commentaires : Our overall experience has been great. The software does most of what we need and we are able to do a work around for items that may one day be implemented through customer feedback. Most importantly we have NEVER had a lock out of software or temporarily unavailable for any reason. We have had access to our software 100% of the time. That was not the case for the software we were using previously.

The onboarding was easy and the specialist was friendly and knowledgeable. Customer service was easy to contact with questions and responses were professional and clear for quick use. Extensive online help is available at your finger tips if needed. Real time attendance and real time communication with parents through the app are exceptional. Pictures are posted with captions along with one touch categories for quick future reference. Timecards are easily generated for payroll purposes while also providing real time ratio numbers with a touch of a button. Private or group messaging is easy and helps with teacher/director/parent logging so everyone involved has access to what is being communicated.

Brightwheel struggles with after care billing/invoicing that our center could benefit from. The attendance base billing for that needs options with one touch toggles to accommodate different scenarios. The Room Device Mode also needs a toggle for children assigned to that classroom as a "homeroom" in their profile, instead of being able to see all children in the center that are assigned to a room as a secondary room. Tracking room transfers are imperative to align with state mandates but having a clean visual of attendance is also important.

Marshall W.
Coordinator (É.-U.)
Produits chimiques, 10 000+ employés

Good app for tracking

3 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : Still a good app.

I can see what goes on with my child. I like this.

Needs more updates. I want to see more that goes on.

Kaley B.

LOVE Brightwheel!

5 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : LOVE this app! Our teachers use this all day and I use it throughout the day as well. Families love being able to talk to the classroom teachers and stay up-to-date with what their child is doing each day.

Being able to message parents, send pictures, send updates and stay in contact with the families is the best part of the app. We love it as a school and the parents love it even more!

There can be some confusion when checking students in and out and using name-to-face but once you know the difference it becomes easy to use.

Lissette L.
Lead Teacher (É.-U.)

Brightwheel Is A Game-changing App for all Daycare Businesses

5 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : My overall experience with brightwheel has been wonderful. Prior to brightwheel, we used physical paper daily records. They were difficult to complete for each child. The app allows for pictures to accompany the activities that we do.

I love that the Brightwheel app allows my business to stay connected to our families in so many amazing ways.

At times the app glitches and updates don’t post, but that happens very rarely.

Leonid L.
Nurse (Canada)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 10 000+ employés

Parents friendly and easy to use

5 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Overall experience is great and had been positive over the whole time of use. Only thing I wish it had is built in ability to share multimedia across other platforms

Excellent way to get photo and video updates as well ad activities such ad food and nap and their toileting routine as well ad to keep in touch and communicate with daycare teacher and management.

Not really anything to contribute here perhaps better photo or video integration and ability to post and share straight out of software.

Nicole H.
business owner (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, Auto-entrepreneur

I love this app!

5 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

I get to use this app to keep check on my daughter throughout the day because her daycare uses it! I love that they update parents during the day and I love getting pictures and videos of my child while I'm at work. It makes me feel like I'm not missing anything.

The cons that I have are that sometimes when you open the app, it's slow to start. Also there isn't a place where I could send a picture to my child's teacher if I need to. There was an incident where my child's hat was lost and I couldn't send a picture through the Brightwheel app, so I had to try to describe the hat to the teacher through the app...

Lee L.
SELPA Coordinator (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés

Love this app

5 il y a 6 jours Nouveau

Commentaires : This is a very user friendly app. Has all that you need without getting too fancy!

This app was super easy to use. My son's childcare used it. They switched to another app for a moment, but it was difficult to navigate, so much so, that the daycare switched back to Brightwheel.

I have no complaints with this app. My wife and I loved how easy it was to use.

Afton W.
Teacher (É.-U.)
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 51-200 employés

Using brightwheel for Daycare needs

5 la semaine dernière Nouveau

This product is really user friendly. I am able to communicate with my child's teachers and get information on a daily basis regarding the school day.

The one feature I do not like about brightwheel is having to pay a convenience fee to pay for tuition. It makes it more difficult to pay electronically.

Manager, Training and Education (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 1 001-5 000 employés

Never knew I needed this until I had it!

5 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

The ability to see pictures of my son doing activities at school is a great refresher. Sometimes not knowing how the day is going or if drop off is a little rough emotionally for him, it's awesome to see that he's having fun with his friends.

I don't have a lot by way of improvement only because I only use a few features and both suit me very well. It would be nice to see the number of kids in his class for a given day, but that is very minor and can normally be gleaned from the pics they send/share.

Mabel B.
Administrative Assistant (É.-U.)

Amazing!

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : The customer service is amazing! We are extremely pleased with how easy they made the switch from our old system. Every time we've had a question we have received a more than helpful response from their support staff. My employees love it and our parents love it.

The Brightwheel app enables our employees to easily communicate with parents anytime of day or night and keeps them from giving out their personal phone numbers. The system is very user friendly and has easy to follow instructions and prompts.

The reporting from a financial side is not very clear if you are coming from another system with a lot of information in reports. Inputting immunizations could be a little quicker like putting a date and selecting the immunizations that were given on the date would be great.

Ted K.

Great for Parents - Financial Info Could Be Improved

4 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : Overall, I am pleased with Brightwheel. I like having an almost all-in-one solution for our software needs as a daycare, and Brightwheel is super easy for our parents and our teachers. I would highly recommend it to other daycares. I am hoping the accounting portion of the software becomes more professional.

Our parents LOVE Brightwheel! It's easy, it's quick, and it connects them in real-time to what's going on with their children. They love getting pictures of their kids during the day. We love that the parents actually use it, are involved in the flow of information, and communicate with us through it.

The financial portion of the software needs a lot of improvement. I can't tie sibling billing statements together - this creates unessessary payments because parents should be able to make one single transaction to pay all of their unpaid invoices at once. Also, I have found it extremely difficult to see all the information clearly that I need to for bookkeeping. I can't see on each invoice what the daycare was charged in the way of a transaction fee. I know the total we are charged, but I need to know on each individual invoice. Plus, Brightwheel wants me to create a report to see information, instead of simply having it all visible in a list when I pull up the account. Side note: it would be great if we could have a tablet attached to a classroom account, rather than every device being attached to an employee account. I don't want my staff on their phones all day, so we use classroom tablets to interact with Brightwheel - all are logged into the director's account, so notes posted have my name on all of them. It's confusing to the parents. Plus, we have staff who are also parents of students; they can't see a parent account for their child - they are locked into the staff account.

Brittany S.
Preschool Teacher (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 11-50 employés

Perspective from a Teacher who is also a Parent using Brightwheel

4 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : Overall, I like the app. It is helpful during the day and once you get the hang of it, really easy to navigate and update, although it can be a bit time consuming. When I have emailed customer service they have emailed me back in a polite and timely manner, which is always a plus. This is my third school year using the app, and have yet to hear a negative comment from any of my student's families. All have had rave reviews, shared it with family members, and are constantly thanking me for sharing things with them throughout the day.

As a teacher, I like the convenience of being able to get in contact with the parents of my students quickly and effectively. I am able to keep track of attendance and absences easily, it also helps with parents who need to monitor their child's eating. As a parent, I like receiving updates about my child, especially pictures. When it is kept up by my child's teacher, it is a great app because I can see what is going on during his day even though I am not with him.

One of my biggest frustrations is that I have to COMPLETELY log out and log back in when switching from my teacher account and my parent account, at the same school. My son goes to the school that I work at but is in a different class. It would be so much easier if there was a way to toggle back and forth between the two. My other major concern is, though we have the app on our school chromebooks and it's great, I cannot upload pictures from the computer to the app to share them with parents. So, instead of keeping the app on my cellphone logged in to my child's account, I have to log out and then in to my teacher account to be able to share pictures of my students with their families. It is really frustrating. The parents of the children in my class are constantly giving me positive feedback about the app and love getting the pictures and videos, but it is difficult for me since I want to share the pictures with them but I can't do it all from the chromebook unless I try using the poor-quality webcam. It would be much more of a positive experience for me if I was able to use a classroom camera, upload the pictures to a computer, then be able to upload the pictures to the app for the families. I am sure that for someone who has a designated work cellphone or maybe even a tablet with a decent camera, this would not even be an issue, but for someone who has to use a personal cellphone to take and upload pictures to the app, is a bit of a downfall.

Allison M.
Owner (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11-50 employés

Make the transition to paperless!

5 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : We do not otherwise incorporate tech into our business, we use Quickbooks and simple excels, Brighthweel has not had a crazy learning curve and its just a great product.

We use Brightwheel chiefly for its billing functionality and to meet State licensing requirements regarding records of attendance, ratios, sign in and out, etc. These are records you have to keep for years and the stacks of Bankers boxes were towering! Now we can upon request create and print any report, for instance our licensor could request sign in and out records from a certain classroom on a certain date--it can be provided way faster than digging through those old paper files. Name to face attendance can be achieved confidently with the picture bubbles for all your students--you can feel confident as an admin that all transitions and ratios are covered For billing it is clean and streamlined--you can create plans, parents can establish autopay, they have constant access to their receipts and invoices, end of the year statements, your EIN, etc. It is a win win for both us as bookkeepers and for our parent clients. The interface is very clean--sign up is a breeze for new children and it would be very challenging to get confused on the parent screen. Brighthwheel saves us time AND paper.

Here is the thing--Brightwheel is constantly developing. So if you were to have a con you can feel assured your feedback will be heard. We have been with them nearing 3 years and have watched so many features get added on and updates made. They take customer feedback seriously and want to understand the industry's needs--we have had conference calls with developers and participated in a lot of dialogue about what we need and what works well.

Andrea M.

Brightwheel is great!

4 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : We use Brightwheel at our center to chart each child's daily activities; we easily attach pictures, meal information, and times of diapering, etc.

I love how easy Brightwheel is to use - the parents also enjoy the format that they receive information

If I had to choose one thing to improve on, it would be to add a "zoom" function when taking a picture from the app

Matthew W.
Technology Instructor and After School Director (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés

The best app for schools, day cares, etc.

5 il y a 4 ans

Commentaires : It makes managing student attendance and communication with parents much easier.

This is one of the best, if not the very best, solutions to make my life easier managing my school. We started using this app just in our after school program and soon adopted the check-in/out system for our entire attendance tracking solution. We are able to run reports to see who, when, and where someone was checked in for any given day in our school year. All of my suggestions have been heard and considered and almost all (if not all) have eventually been added. I love how well they receive feedback and how they want to serve institutions of all sizes. Having been a long time user since their infancy, I have had the opportunity to talk to many people with the company and they are all wonderful. I wish more companies were like them.

I feel like the free version is quite limited. It used to have many more features and I sang its praises to everyone. Now I have to start the conversation by discussing the financial part of the system, which limits some potential users. I wish it integrated with student information systems so that I didn't have to export and prepare csv to upload to create students. It would be much simpler to have an automated sync each night to create or remove students based on our current student system, Renweb. I'm beginning to realize that part of this is due to their growing attempt to take over the educational information realm, but they are not there yet.

Amy T.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11-50 employés

Look forward to updates! Always getting better!

4 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : Replacing Quickbooks, paper daily sheets, paper time sheets, check in/out logs for kids. LOVE the ability for the parents to message the staff instead of having to go through the office phone/email. Although this program has a few things that could be added, I would 100% make this switch!

Super easy for the teachers to use in the classroom. I like the set up on the teacher end. The billing system is pretty easy to use (1,000x easier than Quickbooks) especially because parents can see their account at any time. The parents really love the program and it has added a new level of quality to our program! Each update makes it better! I look forward to the updates!

-Sometimes I will message customer services is not very helpful. (Lots of apologies) For example: My end will not let me delete staff members. They offer to do it for me because it should work but the point is it doesn't but there is nothing they can do. Another example, when the update came for "Room Device Mode" I could not get this to work on our android devices, which i understand IOS update generally come first so I waited. Then I asked and I went through a few day long conversation about my device, systems, etc to only be told that is was not available for android. They all the sudden realized that the update was only for IOS? There are a few quirks that I hope get worked out through updates. I wish I could add notes to parents, calendar, messages, etc through the website. Typing these messages on my phone is a little annoying especailly if they are long. I would LOVE a way to message staff as a group or individuals through BW. We only use it for clocking in/out but I think there is so much more you could do with the staff end. Also if they could see their time cards would be super helpful! Maybe a request for a correct on the time sheets?

Miss L.
Administrator (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés

All Inclusive and FREE!!

5 il y a 6 ans

Commentaires : I have researched what seems to be everywhere software on the market for our center. There were only 3 that covered all of my required expectations. Brightwheel was one of the 3. I hesitated because it was free and a newer company. I felt there HAD to be a catch to it. Especially since the other 2 companies were very expensive, I couldn't understand how all of this could be offered for free. I took the chance in November 2015 and I am could not be more pleased! This product has been absolutely free with no hidden costs. Our center uses the daily activity record, which includes an app for the parents to be able to view from their phones/tablets or they can log in to the website from a computer. The daily record includes photos that can be uploaded directly from your phone, all of the detailed info you would want a parent to know, it even has a "Notes" section. We use the calendar to add events for the parents to see. There is also the daily check in/out and the best thing is the parents can send a note thru the app to say arriving late today, not coming in today, or picking up early, etc. The ability to communicate the simple things thru the app saves time during pick up/drop off because a lot of questions are already answered on Brightwheel. The best thing of all is the billing. FREE for ACH debits and no hassle to you! There is also a credit card capability. All of our parents are required to sign up. You can do one time billing or set up a recurring billing plan and bills/reminders/receipts are sent automatically to the parent. The money is deposited to your business account and that's it! Sooo simple and painless! I understand their is a premium version of Brightwheel being released soon but the standard version is so incredible that I don't know WHAT to expect. :) I truly love this product. Our parents are impressed with it as well. AND it's free!

The price - free, the billing option, the ability to upload pics and name activities the children are engaged in, The calendar keeps everyone on the same page. I love it all!

None

Audra T.
Audra T.
Preschool Director (É.-U.)

Happy Campers, San Carlos

5 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : Overall our experience has been really great. There were some serious issues when we decided to use Brightwheel billing. I'm certain those issues have been documented, but we seem to be good now. I have been a big fan of Brightwheel and sincerely look forward to what's next!

I love how much Brightwheel has improved since we first joined the program. Administration, Parents and Staff love all of the features. I am very happy with the way Brightwheel has fostered "community" between home and school, and even school and extended family. Grandparents love seeing their grandchildren and being in the loop. Community is very important to our program! I appreciate the level of professionalism Brightwheel adds to my program. Touring families always have great comments about Brightwheel.

I wish multiple accounts could be under one umbrella login. I do not like having to log out and log in to my three programs. We have an account with ADP and use just one login for all 3 programs. I simply just have to click which program I need to see. I wish I could access a simple version of a class list with birthdays and just parents names and emails without all of their personal information. Parents request class lists quite often for birthday party invitations. Perhaps even an "opt-in" directory for parents to see would be a great feature. Parents could choose to include email/phone numbers in the "public" directory.

Denise G.
School Administrator (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés

Brightwheel Became Our Bright Spot!

4 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Brightwheel has helped me simplify many aspects of my job. Messages to teachers and staff go in real time. No more running all over the school looking for people. Parents love the app because the get daily communication about their child as the day progresses. During this pandemic, grandparents are being added so they can see daily pictures of their grandchildren. It works well with our school community.

I love the fact that the one program takes care of communications with faculty and parents, billing and payments, and student information. All of it quickly accessible by computer or cell phone. Customer service is attentive and thorough.

There are some areas where improvement is necessary. Sometimes when you export information, you may need to tweaking the organization of the information to look the way you want it. The thing is, they invite you to share what you believe needs to improve. In the short 7 months of using this software, and they have made significant updates many of these aspects.

Hank P.
Owner/Consultant (É.-U.)
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur

Brightwheel - easy and friendly!

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : I use Brightwheel at my children's preschool to check them in & out on a daily basis. It's a great system for that and is very fast. A simple 4 number pin/password gets me to my dashboard where only my kids show up and a click of a toggle button checks them in or out. Then, a quick signature (DHR compliant!) and I'm done. They use it for car pool on an iPad and it keeps the line moving. The school moved from a pen and paper set up which was much slower due to flipping through the clipboard to find your kids and signing for each of them. Plus, if it was raining the papers were a mess. The school has the iPads in a weatherproof cover that still allows for signature with the touch screen.

It's fast, efficient and very easy to use. It has a lot of features that we do not currently use, but used in the past. We only use it for checking kids into the preschool now, but have used the communication features in the past where the teachers could post pictures and send messages to the parents.

I really do not have any cons for Brightwheel. My experience has been very positive and I like the product. Being 100% honest, I have never had to contact customer service so I can not speak to that, but I do know that the implementation of the solution was pretty simple.

Anna V.
Student (É.-U.)
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur

Childcare Savior

5 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Overall, This has made the transition to daycare for myself and my daughter less stress free. It is hard to leave your child everyday to go to work and there is so many horror stories in general. The fact that my daughters daycare uses this app and informs me daily about what is happening gives me peace of mind and all daycare's and schools should use this app. It is a great, quick, and efficient way to communicate between teachers and parents.

This is a lengthy review because there is so much to say. My first experience with Brightwheel is from my daughters first daycare. We were told to download the app and create an account and the teachers gave us information to make sure we were in the right class. Everyday I got numerous updates that included when I checked her in, her meals, play time, circle time, nap time, when they changed her diaper, and pictures of her throughout the day. I was always informed with what was happening. Teachers can send private messages to me if she needed more diapers to be brought in or if she did not eat her lunch. Since this was my first experience with daycare and I was already nervous to leave her this really helped me feel amazing about my decision. This is a wonderful tool to use to keep parents up to date throughout the day.

Honestly, I do not see any cons about this product. Since it is a web app and mobile app there were times when the system crashed and we could not log in to check in or get updates, but that is common with technology and is bound to happen.

Danielle H.
Business Manager (É.-U.)

Mixed Feelings

4 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : We are generally receiving our payments on time more. BrightWheel has caused new frustrations but relieved others. We like the parent communication aspect. The customer service of BrightWheel is getting better; however, I usually only get an answer after asking multiple people the same question and finally I will get a correct answer. They love their standard boilerplate responses which if I needed would have gotten from the library. The overall feeling of “we are only here to make the parent experience better” versus making the centers business operations better is frustrating. In the end, the center will get what we need and with BrightWheel a lot of times it causes inconvenience to the parents. Example, when a new child starts under the parents, they have to re-link to AutoPay. The parents can’t figure it out because of it shows they are linked with one student so we have to add their bill to their older student who doesn’t come anymore in order to get their autopay to work. That is not friendly experience for us or the parent. BrightWheel still needs a lot of work to get it to a product that is time-saving and beneficial for centers to use.

We love the AutoPay feature and the ability for our parents to get their invoices 24/7.

There isn’t a way to record credit, and when a payment fails without attempting to go through it doesn’t send an email to the parents or us. Also, when a payment fails it doesn’t give us an opportunity to recharge. Many parents will ask us to retry and we can’t without creating a new invoice. Also, on the Plan section, it doesn’t allow you to make changes to the days the invoice gets charged, or a new end date, etc. This means we are constantly canceling the plan and creating a new one.

Dawn V.
Owner/Director (É.-U.)

Brightwheel Pros & Cons

4 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : Our staff members are more informed on a daily basis and connected to the parents more. They receive updates on students versus relying on the director to pass on the information from a phone call or email.

1) It has aloud our staff members to connect with families more on a daily/weekly basis. 2) Staff are able to post pictures without using their phone storage. 3) Parents can sign-in & sign-out easier. Easier to add extra pick-up people. 4) Easier to obtain tuition payments from families. 5) Easier to have a visual of the school in one location (I can switch rooms and see who is there and the staff in the room. 6) Bi-monthly payroll is much easier with the time sheets.

1) There is no way to message staff members all at once or for them to receive a message as well. (example, I post the newsletter for parents and the staff would have to open a student file to view it or I mass message the parents but the staff do not receive the mass message as well. 2) I wish you could post pdf files to the parents versus just image files. (My newsletters and forms always have to be converted to pdf and then to image file. 3) Red sign-in kiosk screen is not good for viewing out in the sunlight. (blue & white would be better) 4) I am unable to find the observations easily for review later on for report as a class or objective/goal. 5) iPhone users seem to have trouble with the app more (receiving messages & they are not able to click on links that I may send either through messaging or under the notes).

Emily B.
Emily B.
Business Manager (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11-50 employés

Perfect for communication, logging activities, and billing

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Being able to message parents back and forth is so nice now that our staff doesn't have to use their personal phone to text. With COVID rising and possible winter weather arriving soon, the fact that we can send out an alert if we need to close is crucial! It sends a text message as well as the message in the app. Also, they are constantly adding new features and making updates using feedback from users. They are always friendly and helpful!

I love that it keeps us (mostly) paperless! All activity is logged so we have no need for paper daily sheets. We can easily message our parents individually AND send out messages to the whole school.

The billing feature isn't quite where we need it do be, but they have already fixed it and we are just waiting to be updated to the new platform.