• Note globale

Note du produit

Note du produit

Utilisation

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé PingPlotter ?

Kevin L.
Kevin L.
Principal (É.-U.)
Assurance, 2-10 employés

Carrier issues validated

5 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : We’ve been having service outages with our Commercial- Time Warner/ Spectrum Cable internet service for a few months. We’ve had five different technician visits over this time trying to resolve the same issue. With all of the visits we have replaced every piece of internal house cabling and external drop to the pole tap, and all the modem/ router/ switches. And at a serious cost! The last two visits were by senior technicians and they came with laptops to show us the health history of our account. We had be writing down the times and dates of the outages to help them pinpoint the problem. What we found is their sampling rate time frame is way broader than they were telling us. Meaning we could tell them the service was out for say an hour on this day/time, but they couldn’t see it on their tools dashboard. Looking forward to clearing up the intermittent outages problem. Many thanks!

Easy of install and use. It wasn’t until we installed Ping Plotter and took screen shots of those subsequent days for QOS proof did they start to get somewhat serious about the problem! Up till then it was a patch it and move on. patch it and move on mentality. Now that we have our own tool, we gain better QOS data.

Glad to report we did not find any issues with the software.

Robert W.
Robert W.
Senior Product Development Scientist & QC Manager (É.-U.)
Produits chimiques, 11-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

A simple to use tool that tells you the state of your Internet connections

4 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : I got PingPlotter because I was having flaky Internet connections, and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I could use Email and simple web surfing, but anything more than that was difficult at best and impossible at worst. Windows 10 Ping program wasn't very helpful. I went online looking for a better, free solution, and I saw many recommendations for PingPlotter. PingPlotter comes with a 15 day free trial of the Pro Version, and that turned out to be very helpful. By monitoring multiple targets continuously over several days, I found patterns in my Internet connection that helped me figure out, in consultation with my ISP where the problems were. I am now working towards a resolution of those problems. I highly recommend PingPlotter as a simple-to-use, helpful tool for diagnosing Internet connection problems.

Easy to download and install. 15 day free trial Easy to use. It's almost intuitive, but where it isn't intuitive, the help files are actually helpful. Provides helpful graphics that show the path my data is taking, how much packet loss is occurring, and where it is occurring. In the Pro version, you can continuously ping and monitor multiple targets for hours.

The free trial comes to an end. :-( The graphics would sometimes hang up when I was running continuous monitoring for hours, forcing me to reset and restart.

Diego M.
Diego M.
System Administrator (Italie)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 201-500 employés
Source : GetApp

PingPlotter

5 il y a 4 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : It helped our organization in finding the cause of a problem of slow response when connecting to one of our server. We show to the supplier of the internet connections the big latencies we had and got the problem solved.

PingPlotter is a powerful tools to check networks, bandwidth, latency and other stuff. It's the best choice on the market considering its features and its price. Should be a tool for every sys admin.

There's no real cons. The software is already good on every aspect. Even the free trial can help a lot.

Rachel R.
Director (R.-U.)
Réseaux informatiques, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

Looking at the Pro version. The tool works very well, but limited in ability for its price.

3 il y a 4 ans

Commentaires : Visibility of some network issues. I would purchase some licenses immediately if they were 1/5 of the price (which is where I would put a price on this software) however since the seat license is so high, I will look for other solutions.

Graphical representation of IP traceroutes and ping stats done at the same time. The graphical information is clear and concise, with the ability to scroll through a timeline to some extent. The software cleanly loads in Win10 without crashing.

Timeline information needs work as it's not intuitive to scroll through specific times/dates. There is no obvious way to look at a time period over 7 days and examine a 3 minute interval in detail for example. Pricewise; I purchased a Fingbox which is a physical device which has a lot more ability than this software although the uses are different I feel the value for money for this software is not good! The price of this software is way over priced for the pro version. There are no bulk purchase discounts at all so no incentive to purchase more than once license at a time. The features the software offers is very small for what you would expect at the price. There are many free tools out there which seem to do the same thing. Ultimately it won't take long for someone to write an equivalent at a sensible price. The trial period for the pro version should be longer. I didn't really get much time to spend on customisation. Take out the weekends and normal busy daily activities and there isn't really much time to spend on the testing it in 14 days.

David B.
Project Manager (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, Auto-entrepreneur

Very Happy with Ping Plotter

5 il y a 2 mois

Ping Plotter is extremely easy to use and understand. I am a novice with network issues and in the past have always relied on my internet provider to diagnose any issues with my network. With Ping Plotter i was able to provide my network provider the information that shown where the issue was and allow them to fix the issues at the source.

I was looking for something that was powerful and free, but found that Ping Plotter was the best, but is not free.

Krzysztof B.
Krzysztof B.
Retired (Australie)
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur

Using PingPlotter since freeware - 1998

5 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : I started to use it working for mainframe manufacturer when maintaining global intranet, started to use ping plotter to monitor the accessibility of the intranet nodes and their response time.
Now, I use it to monitor my ISP performance.

Ease of use, path changes detection, just what you want to check on your ISP. One of the easiest programs to use for this purpose. Results saving/exporting is a big plus.

I would jump on the Android version, if available.

Arun P.
Chief Technical Officer (Nigeria)
Internet, 501-1 000 employés

Essential Tool for an ISP

5 il y a 10 mois

Trace graph and timeline graph are the fascinating aspects of the tool. The Tool provides ample information to isolate faults in a complex network. Its interface not only allows modification of different parameters but also provides vital real-time information on packet loss, latency and jitter at each node; thereby, it assists the network engineer to pinpoint issues.

Very difficult for me to comment here. All the features that I use were very useful.

David M.
Systems Architect (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 1 001-5 000 employés

PingPlotter for Network Troubleshooting

5 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : PingPoltter helped to identify and locate the specific hops that were causing intermittent service interruptions and highy latency issues.

The product is easy to install and use. It is great for capturing traffic over long periods of time. It comes with a friendly graphical interface which makes it easy to find packet drops and connection failures. This made it easy to identify issues and submit the results to our internet provider for quick resolution.

I couldn't find any feature that was missing nor could I find anything that wasn't included in the product.

Anton T.
Engineer (Pays-Bas)
Services financiers, Auto-entrepreneur

Cool Insight

5 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Giving a cool insight in what is happening in your internetaccess. And that the comment you get from your provider can be discussed based on data and not on a feeling. I have the feeling that the line is unstable, and they say they will monitor but there comes no result. And the instability is not frequent over the week, so they can have a lucky shot, and the problems are on some other days.

Seeing that the line is not what it should deliver

A automatic, without setup aknowlegdement about issues

Joty J.
Administration Manager (Malaisie)
Machines, 51-200 employés

Solve RDS connection

5 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : Very great experience to solve the issue in RDS between Denmark and Malaysia.

Live result for the connection and easy to access.

As a user really get good experience to solve the connection issue.

Homer C.
Retired (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur

Identification of Internet Problems

5 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : I was having an issue with the loss of the internet 6-10 times a day. Each time it was for almost exactly 5 minutes. Frontier Communications sent out techs, they checked the lines - all good. One tech stated in the report that the problem was with my equipment and charged me $300 for his 2 hrs of research (he never even came into my house). After playing around I realized that my modem/router gateway indicated .3 ms even when the internet was down. However, each time the internet went down (not a disconnect) total packet loss occurred at the second hop (Frontier Office 40 miles away - regularly 19.6 ms) and was cascaded down all hops to .8.8.8.8. So I knew that the second hop was the problem but Frontier techs will not accept my diagnosis. I asked them to test their router/port, but they said they couldn't because the office was 40 miles away. So I am pretty sure I know what the problem is now, but I can't figure how to get the information to this office. Times down today 2/7/2019 7:30 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 3:15 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM, Midnight. Now that doesn't look a wiring issue to me! But at lease I now where the problem lies. Couldn't have solved this problem without PingPlotter

The manner in which the software charted and stored my data for future reference.

The tutorials were good, but for someone who knows little about the internet and networking would find it very difficult to understand what the software is telling you. I would recommend a more detailed component of the tutorial about different events and describe what they are seeing and what that is telling you. I would also recommend that it be written someone that was not associated with the development of the software, but by someone that is selected to learn PingPlotter and write it from a beginner's perspective. A person who is too close to the software will leave out things because they don't realize that beginners don't know and understand what the Pro takes for granted.

Theatre Arts & Video Gaming Scholar (É.-U.)
Réseaux informatiques, 11-50 employés

PingPlotter is a great replacement for the tiresome ping command

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : We use ping plotter when troubleshooting client networks. We use it quite a bit for basic ping and traceroute, but also for other issues - such as quality of service. By using PingPlotter, we are able to tweak hardware firewall rules to adjust throughput on network segments. We do this by adjusting rules while keeping notice of the latency visualization. For example, we have used PingPlotter to improve VOIP traffic by discovering unnecessary packet filtering.

The multi-connection capability of PingPlotter is definitely a strength. Combining ping with route information is also a key feature. Lastly, the visualization of data is much friendlier than just reading numbers. The strength of theses three together avoids the need for multiple command prompt windows to be open and also removes the guesswork out of keeping track of each.

The cost. It works very well, however, the cost (Professional Edition) is quite high.

Shariff T.
IT Technician (Philippines)

Great tool for troubleshooting connectivity

4 il y a 4 ans

Ping Plotter allows me to very simply verify connectivity. or i can watch my equipment be unreachable. A lot of the time i can watch a device go up and down over 24 hours (it can do more, but thats generally all i get to, and My company(ISP) has equipment outside of our network. when they are having issues ping plotter is my first go to program. I can tell if another ISP or passthrough is having issues. This at times prompts me to make a route change, while other times its a call to that ISP to start a ticket. Ping Plotter has saved us many hours of troubleshooting and also allows us to show another ISP that the issues is theirs.

No budget as of yet to buy a newer version, company is still evaluating if their is a need to update to a newer version

Rick M.
automotive (É.-U.)
Automobile, Auto-entrepreneur

Ping plotting

5 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : My internet connection is a different style of connection; point to point. I live in the country and am limited in the ISP that are available. And I try to online game, which is and can be quite the pain with connection issues. I have been having a lot of packet loss issues and was dropping out of my games at times. With ping plotter I was able to convince them that there is a problem, and it's on their side. They have corrected a few things, with more haggling with them in the future. I intend on subscribing so I can continue monitoring any issues that may arise. Thanks ping plotter.

This app has drastically helped me find where my packet loss was coming from. And with the ability to prove to my ISP, to where the problem is or was. As with most ISPS's, it take almost a act of god to prove its on their end of the internet. They have performed repairs up the line, which has improved but its not perfect, and I am still having issues, and with ping plotter I can see where its coming from. So, as far as a aid in being a helpful tool or app, I'd say its been great! Considering to get the pro edition for personal use.

Like anything, takes a bit to utilize all the add on's for a complete use of the app, but that's pretty normal.

Lucas S.
System Analyst (É.-U.)

Ping plotter is easily one of the the most useful and polished tools I have ever used.

5 il y a 4 ans

The network discovery tool is easily worth the price of entry and I have used this utility almost every day since I purchased it. No more guessing where that IP is being assigned or where that rouge DHCP address is coming from. Brilliant, well packaged, easy to use, I recommend to anyone that has ever had to TRACERT anything.

None that I can see, maybe the setup of some of the advanced features is a little convoluted. Great app.

Juan M.
TECNICO DE TELECOMUNICACIONES (Espagne)
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés

HERRAMIENTA EFICAZ EN VISUALIZACION DE FALLOS

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : GRACIAS A ESTA HERRAMIENTA PODEMOS VER LOS FALLOS QUE TIENEN NUESTROS PROVEEDORES DE FIBRA OSCURA. Y TAMBIEN PODEMOS VER EL TRAFICO QUE PRIORIZAMOS POR VARIOS CIRCUITOS DE BGP.
EXCELENTE HERRAMIENTA QUE EN ENERO-2021 VAMOS A IMPLEMENTAR COMPRANDO SU LICENCIA PRO.

GRAFICAS Y VISUALIZACION DEL TRACE ROUTER Y PING POSIBILIDAD DE CREAR AGENTES PARA DISTINTOS EMPLAZAMIENTOS. CREAR UN SERVIDOR WEB PARA VISUALIZACION DESDE UN SERVIDOR EN EXCLUSIVA.

NO ENCONTRAMOS NINGUNA DIFICULTAD EN EL USO, NI EN LA IMPLEMENTACION DEL MISMO. HABIAMOS PROBADO VERSIONES ANTERIORES Y HEMOS ENCONTRADO EN LA NUEVA VERSION TODOS LOS REQUISITOS.

Héctor A.
Héctor A.
CEO / Lead Architect (Honduras)
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés

Awesome option to see the status of the network

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : UI needs a refresh, But is a powerful tool to see your network status and if you're losing packaged you can start working on a fix before the network or services fall.

With PingPlotter we were able to monitor our networks connections status, both intranet and to the internet without issue, very useful to see when something fails and we have to fix it.

Kinda Pricy, UI can be improved it's kinda old compared to other solutions and sometimes hard to use, there are open source alternatives to do this work as well.

Aaron D.
Network Administrator (É.-U.)
Pétrole et énergies, 501-1 000 employés

PingPlotter

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : Great software. Keeps a live ping going while working on troubleshooting.

Easy to use and manipulate. Provides quick look into network tracking. Comes in handy to see where you are dropping connection.

There is not much on the Cons section of this software. We have used it for years and are very satisfied.

Martin G.
Pastor (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 51-200 employés

Resolved my issue

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : My internet was going unstable every 10-20 minutes. My ZOOM calls would suddenly freeze up. My ISP provider went through the normal troubleshooting (reset the modem and router, connect directly to modem, etc.). They even got me to upgrade, which didn't help. When I downloaded pingplotter I was able to see in real-time what was happening. After emailing back and forth with my ISP provider, they finally asked me to hard reset my modem. That didn't 100% resolve the packet loss, but probably provided an improvement of about 90%. I'm satisfied.

It was very simple to use and helped me to track down the problem to my modem needing a hard reset.

Not being an expert, it would be difficult for me to criticize the program. It did what it needed to do; resolve my problem.

Thatayaone M.
Director, Consulting Engineer (Botswana)
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés

PingPlotter Review

4 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I use this software when I do troubleshooting or network audit, and I pair it with Netformx DesignXpert when I do network audits for most of my clients. The graphs showing packets losses make it easier to explain to the management and easier for non-technical people to understand.

It is easy to install and setup It doesn't take long to get it up and running Latency monitoring which is very helpful to find out latency issues on the network It performs traceroute It is lightweight and it even runs perfectly on the laptop or pc

improvements can be done on the GUI for the software to look more professional 14 days trial which is a short period

Jonathan R.
Principal Consultant (É.-U.)
Réseaux informatiques, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

See your network response times in real time and over time

Commentaires : Network Latency, Loss, and Jitter

The ability to see what is happening in real time, in graphical form, is excellent, however even better, is being able to scroll back through history and see an hour, a day, or even a week at a time is phenomenal. being able to show definitive changes in performance after making a change to the network provides management the detail they need to know that they've made a good investment in the changes that have been implemented, as opposed to just saying, "it seems faster/better".

I'd like some more granularity between 1 hour and 12 hours (2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours), but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Chau C.
Chau C.
CIO (É.-U.)
Produits alimentaires, 2-10 employés

Amazing Product! Everything I needed

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Overall, I enjoyed my experience and I know you will to. I only needed it for personal reasons in tracking packet loss and if you need something like this it's worth trying the 2 week free trial. Everything is very straight forward and someone whose a bit computer illiterate like me can still use the software well.

Able to track multiple addresses across different timelines Easy to read and easy to navigate I did not understand anything about tracking packet loss and the program itself along with PingPlotters guides on their website helped me succeed in escalating packet loss issues to my internet service provider.

There's nothing that I didn't like about the software. Definitely recommend it on all accords.

Zandre K.
Tier 2 Network Support Engineer (Afrique du Sud)
Télécommunications, 51-200 employés

Ping & Plot Investigations

4 il y a 12 mois

Commentaires : When the root cause of packet loss on the network cannot be located via manual investigation, Ping Plotter can determine this via longer term monitoring.

It is sometimes difficult to determine the root cause of degradation within an ISP. With Ping Plotter you can accurately determine where it originates by locating the affected nodes between the network devices.

Not the most user friendly interface but understandable considering what we are using it for. Graph designs are a bit ugly to look at and sometimes agents do not want to share this with customers.

Roberth C.
Roberth C.
Senior Engineer Network and System (Colombie)
51-200 employés

Amazing tool to discover your network and detect issues

5 il y a 4 ans

Easy to use, Interface is clean and you can see information clearly Historical data is a treasure and you can use it to analyze with a lot of details

Honestly I don't find any problem with PingPlotter, just I can do a suggestion and it is include a option to send reports by mail with some frequency about specific target monitored.

Joshua J.
Director of Engineering (Israël)
Appareils médicaux, 11-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

PingPlotter does exactly what it's supposed to do

4 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : We installed PingPlotter to help diagnose intermittent connectivity problems from geographically distributed lab sites to our AWS-hosted website. PingPlotter helped us demonstrate clearly and visually when there were problems. We chose it specifically for a capability not found in many similar lightweight tools in that it allows measuring connectivity to a specific TCP port whereas many programs only allows to measure regular ping, i.e. ICMP packets.

I liked that it has a service mode that can record data even when the GUI isn't running.

I wish the TCP configuration was automatic but it was quite simple once I read the directions. I also wish it had a capability to visually display the traceroute on top of a world map.