Avis clients sur Squarespace

4,4 /5
  • Service client
    4,4 /5

En savoir plus sur Squarespace

Squarespace fournit des outils créatifs qui alimentent l'avenir du web.

En savoir plus sur Squarespace

2 025 avis affichés

Jane R.
Owner and Big Kahuna
Édition, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 13/12/2019

"Great design, great features, great support"

Commentaires: I was first introduced to Squarespace when I hired someone to design the website for my business, and he showed me how to make changes myself. From there I started to play with it and ended up creating simple websites for several clients, many of whom were then able to take over their own upkeep and maintenance. And in the three years I've been working with Squarespace sites, the features and support have only improved. I also love that they're very attuned to what's trending in graphic design, so their templates never look dated.

Avantages: The aesthetic. Squarespace's design templates are fresh, current, and appealing to begin with, which provides a lot of options for customization.

Inconvénients: It's not the most intuitive interface ever, but that said, they provide outstanding how-to articles and videos and infinitely patient customer support, so it's not hard to figure out how to do what you want to do, even if you have no coding experience.

• Publié le 13/12/2019
Meghan H.
Director of Operations
Restaurants, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 30/09/2019

"The Best Website Builder for Simple Sites"

Commentaires: I genuinely love this tool for creating websites. It is easy to use, cost efficient, and turns out a great end product. I have used it to make websites for photographers, restaurants, and sales businesses alike. It is so versatile and every site visitor thinks it's professionally done.

Avantages: This software is easy to use, intuitive, and when you can't figure something out Support is right there for you. They have tons of how to videos and instructions that make everything pretty easy to figure out.

Inconvénients: I dislike the spacer feature - it gets pretty annoying to use those instead of being able to snap an object to a grid and align that way. It works much like Microsoft Word in the sense that if you try to resize or adjust something, sometimes everything on the page moves.

• Publié le 30/09/2019
Anne G.
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 11/02/2021

"Easy and Elegant"

Commentaires: I love SquareSpace. I would really need to be wowed to switch to another company. This has everything I want (not just need) to create a great first impression

Avantages: I love how simple it is to create the aesthetic I want to share with the public. The customer support team was so helpful whenever I met a snag in implementation. That hardly ever happened though, because it is so straightforward to create my own website with gorgeous content thanks to SquareSpace and their templates

Inconvénients: There have been a few times where links have broken on my website and it has been challenging to get them reinstated.

• Publié le 11/02/2021
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 26/07/2020

"Squarespace, perhaps the best first-generation low-code website builder"

Commentaires: Squarespace is our goto for standard business sites including our site; we run heavy ecommece clients on Shopify, and anything more advanced on Duda or WordPress. Squarespace does win the first-gen low-code war -- way ahead of Weebly, Wix, or some of the others. The platform needs to decide which next market to focus on to continue to be relevant as Duda, Versoly, and other 2nd-gen platforms emerge.

Avantages: Squarespace makes it easy to get websites up quickly -- we've built three, and all went from zero to launch within three days. If you just need some standard startup landing pages, Squarespace is for you. Their customer support is great if about the basic blocks.

Inconvénients: Squarespace has some gotchas that make for substantial challenges beyond the first few months of business unless you're willing to either pay for external plugins or write code, and that comes with several major caveats, such as: * weird things such as sliders for images simply don't exist
* custom CSS only applies at the site and not the page level
* spacing is somewhat odd with no fine-grain control
* certain JS plugins simply don't work on the site
* there is NO undo of any unkind except plaintext
* there is NO copy/paste or page templating
Perhaps the biggest issue is that it feels like Squarespace is trying to straddle the fence between being the leading CMS and the leading ecommerce platform and as a result it is neither. Frankly, the basic site experience is such that we'd be very reticent to ever deploy the ecommerce capability for a client, and so we use it for customers with mostly static content who blog a couple of times / week or less. The lack of premium support for code issues further hampers their market share -- adding that as an option might provide more revenue for them and a way forward, as few other platforms do.

• Publié le 26/07/2020
Andrea C.
Copywriter + Designer
Design, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 23/07/2019

"SquareSpace is a let-down. It's hard to use and is missing basic features. The marketing fooled me!"

Commentaires: Overall, I hated using SquareSpace and I was so disappointed because I switched away from WordPress + Divi to give SquareSpace a whirl based on SquareSpace's amazing marketing. What a let down. I will never use SquareSpace again. My client wanted both of his sites designed in SquareSpace because he was also duped by the ads. I made one site and it took forever because I was constantly googling how to do something with code to get the site how we wanted it. If you use SquareSpace be prepared to be frustrated or to hire a developer. Basic functionality is missing and you can't copy anything you've done to use elsewhere. I wanted to duplicate the first site and modify it for the second. You can't do that. I had to make both sites from scratch. Support was absolutely terrible. Zero help compared to the awesome Divi support staff that has made my designing life so great for so many years (I'm not an affiliate, just a fan). Oh! And SquareSpace is expensive! You have to pay for each and every site. With WordPress, you pay for hosting somewhere, like Siteground, and you can add as many sites to that account as you like no charge. Squarespace has pretty templates that you can't modify pretty much at all, and it's expensive with terrible support. Do not choose SquareSpace as your CMS unless you are a developer. Awful.

Avantages: SquareSpace has beautiful templates. They are truly gorgeous. SquareSpace also has an easy-to-use sidebar of options that puts everything that you can do on the left side. The interface is as clean as the templates. Hosting of your site is done through Squarespace. That's it when it comes to pros. There are a ton of Cons to using SquareSpace.

Inconvénients: As a WordPress user (who has also designed with Wix), SquareSpace falls short almost everywhere. You can't import your brand font—essential. You have to use code or a back-door solution with AdobeFonts. If you want 5 items in a row, no can do. You get 4 or 6. You can't drag the amount of padding around items and sections. You must use spacer blocks (time consuming and such a bad way to do things). There's no media storage! If you upload your photo it isn't stored anywhere for easy selection later. You must upload the same image multiple times whenever you need it—frustrating. Changes can't be made on individual copy styles. Squarespace sets up its CMS as a global system so if you want to change the way your font looks in just one place, you need to insert code (markdown block). You should be able to select it and change the size or colour. But no. It's CRAZY! So time-consuming. Missing basic word-processing functionality. Squarespace has no plugin options. You can't duplicate a page of your site and you can't duplicate your site! Everything is done from scratch! In WordPress, you download a .JSON file and upload it somewhere else and you're flying. Not with SquareSpace. You can't make your overlays look different per section. Everything applies globally. You can't add borders to images. The biggest CON? There's no undo! No revision history. If you delete something accidentally, it's gone forever. Support is terrible. Every answer is "you can't do that" or "try to find code.

• Publié le 23/07/2019
Bridget C.
Sales
Construction, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 01/12/2020

"You get what you pay for"

Commentaires: After trying multiple free website building options, I finally relented and tried out the demo version on Squarespace to see what the learning curve would be like, and if it would be worthwhile ot go the paid route for a website. The answer was a resounding yes, and I've subsequently built 3 more sites with them since our first one. I tell every new business owner starting out, check out squarespace, save yourself the headace of the free platforms that limit creativity, and watch your business grow by the day.

Avantages: Ease of use
Easing learning curve
layout options
customizations options
sleek templates
quick onboarding

Inconvénients: Towards the beginning of my experience with Squarespace, I needed some customer sesrvice and the process to find where I could go for help was not easy. This was back in 2017 however, so I'm not sure if that process has improved since then (I'd like to think so!)

• Publié le 01/12/2020
Konisha H.
OWNER
Cosmétiques, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 07/01/2021

"Squarespace Review"

Commentaires: Overall I love Squarespace. My site runs smoothly I have not had any complaints from customers of card sales not going through of the site not working properly. I do use this app on a daily bases updating inventory, changing images and checking analytics for my social post to see the increase of traffic.

Avantages: What I like most about Squarespace software is that it is very user friendly. It has up to date functions and accessibility for you to use other apps in combination with this app. I also like that there is a scheduling feature to take appointments. As a Cosmetologist this was very important to me as a buyer.

Inconvénients: A feature that I like the least would be the shipping page on the features within the website. I feel that it could be more simplified or more automated to link with shipping rates based on the weight and measurements of the product. I figured it out eventually but honestly that part of setting up my site was a headache.

• Publié le 07/01/2021
Kelly L.
Artist
Art/artisanat, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 11/11/2020

"Online Shop and Portfolio"

Commentaires: Very good. I would recommend it to others looking to build a website.

Avantages: I use this as a host for my website and for an online illustration portfolio and shop. It is a little pricey all upfront, but if I break down the business plan per month, its $18 a month, which I make back in my store, so I always break even/make money. I like that there are templates that you dont have to know any coding for and they are pretty intuative. Same with the store. I've used this for atleast 5 years now and don't plan to change.

Inconvénients: I've been waiting for them to take away the need to enter a physical address when people buy a free digital download from my store, and I contacted customer service and they were kinda dumb and didn't really help me with my issue, but that's been the only issue I've had in years.

• Publié le 11/11/2020
Maya jade H.
Manager of Web Strategy & Operations
Politique publique, 201-500 employés
    Sans note
  • Publié le 04/01/2021

"Squarespace is my "personal website" platform of choice"

Avantages: I'm from the old school, where websites were created from scratch using Dreamweaver, and I also built a custom (but poorly designed) site on Angelfire that I still have today.
Once Wordpress came along, things started to move in the direction of putting the control in editors' hands, so that knowledge of CSS and HTML were no longer necessary to get your content out there.
Today, I daresay that Wordpress has too much of a learning curve, and that Squarespace is taking the lead in "ease of use," as well as the most visually appealing back-end experience for the admin/editor. It's also super easy to set up and very affordable.

Inconvénients: I built two completely different websites using Squarespace (one for personal use and one for someone else's business), and I did not encounter any cons.

• Publié le 04/01/2021
Ethan M.
Designer
Design, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 15/12/2020

"Got me started with certain industries but was never a preferred means"

Commentaires: I have used this platform to sell and promote a festival that I assisted in curating. I do branding and artistic direction and squarespace made it quite easy to inject my own images in a manner that made a beautiful website while retaining thousands of dollars worth of sales yearly.

Avantages: Popular platform with ease of use so high it makes it quite simple for people to manage a website in general and has assisted many in the build process of websites that have served me and my colleagues for years at a time. Simplistic building features with a solid framework allows for clean construction and sleek looks in a manner that allows those that do not know extensive amounts of code to design.

Inconvénients: Not as many features or plugin support as Wordpress and is not open source. Templates in some respect are generic and design elements may be bland in some respects if not customized appropriately

• Publié le 15/12/2020
Eli S.
Relations publiques et communications, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 30/01/2021

"Website development made easy"

Commentaires: When needing to get landing pages that look professional up quickly, Squarespace is a great option.

Avantages: Easily and quickly launch customizable website that had all of the capabilities I needed for simple landing page, as well as more sophisticated embedded tools.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the squares can be difficult to move around and can change the entire look and layout of the landing page if accidentally moved in the wrong way.

• Publié le 30/01/2021
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 25/02/2021

"It's... okay"

Commentaires: I like it. It's easy to just setup and go. But there isn't enough customization opportunity without good code knowledge. And while there are great tutorials and videos to guide you along, I am a visual designer so it felt slow and clunky.

Avantages: If you just want to load up and pick a template and replace the words and photos with your own content and be live within an hour or two it's great.

Inconvénients: It's highly customizable, and you can use code to write in your own css to do things that you want. But, if you do not have good code understanding it can be a bit much. And every template is pretty much exactly the same, so your finished product looks fantastic, but it's very dull overall.

• Publié le 25/02/2021
Todd W.
Owner/Operator
Photographie, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 21/01/2021

"For the features I use it's pretty good"

Commentaires: Overall I'm quite happy with what Squarespace has allowed me to do. I know I can grow further with the platform and I really appreciate how easy it is to see the effect of changes on both desktop and hand-held devices.

Avantages: I really enjoyed the step-by-step process to quickly get my website up and running. My new photography business sprouted during a Pandemic lay-off, and so I was doing everything on an extreme budget. Squarespace quickly allowed me to create a professional looking online presence, and then made it easy to update my website as the business developed new offerings.

Inconvénients: The software is powerful enough that in order for me to get to the next level with it, I'll need to understand more, in order to take advantage of embedding, SEO and e-commerce functions.

• Publié le 21/01/2021
IT Specialist
Internet, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 20/02/2021

"When minimalism was a luxury"

Commentaires: I trully believe SS is being hold hostage by its once glorious minimalist phyloshophy and streamlined way of doing things. Their templates all look the same now.

Avantages: Squarespace helped us develop good looking and fuctional website in no time, with outstanding streamlined interface and ease of use with minimalism in mind. + Premium fonts.

Inconvénients: In my personal opinion, I think SS is lost with its minimalist phyloshopy and streamlined way of doing things. It was good a couple of years back when it was the only kid in town but websites have developed so much that the need for robust features and fuctionality is more a necessity than a commodity now. They just released their extension feature but it consist of no more than a few addons.

• Publié le 20/02/2021
April H.
Owner/Artist
Art, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 08/01/2021

"Great for Artist E-Commerce"

Commentaires: Without Squarespace, this pandemic would have had a much bigger impact on my business than it already has had. I am grateful that I have an attractive, easy to use website, especially now when more and more of my customers are buying online instead of in person. Squarespace allowed me to create my own very professional looking web presence without requiring that I have a degree in software engineering or computer programming to do so.

Avantages: I've been using Squarespace for many years now, after trying at least three other website hosting platforms, and Squarespace is by far the best, most versatile, and modern one. It was difficult to find a platform that caters to artists who are also businesspeople...Artist-oriented websites didn't work well for e-commerce, and e-commerce websites didn't work well for art. With multiple pricing options, the platform is perfect for my small, handmade jewelry business. With myriad website "themes" you can customize your website to really tell your story and present unique, one-of-a-kind products. They have an app so that I can easily edit inventory from my phone. Squarespace is easy to use and has all the options that I need for running a business.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the product photos do not show up in the right order, instead of displaying in the order that I arrange, they display in the order in which they were uploaded. Also, I have been using Squarespace for so long that I use an old template, but from what I can tell, I can't transfer my products and images into a new template. I would have to start all over with creating products, pages, and adding photos.

• Publié le 08/01/2021
Whitney D.
Director of Advancement
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 16/12/2020

"Easy to Use, High Quality In-House Website Design"

Commentaires: We researched and previewed a number of website development platforms before selecting Squarespace, and we've been very happy with our choice. It is very user-friendly and easy to learn how to customize and brand our pages. It is a great, cost-effective option that we recommend to other schools looking for a tool to manage their website in-house.

Avantages: Squarespace is a very user-friendly and cost-effective product that allows us to create, maintain and adapt our school website in-house. Clean, professional templates are easily customizable and provide us the functionality we need to maintain an active web presence. The phone app also provides a good amount of flexibility to make quick edits and adjustments to our site on the go. The ability to create forms that can be directly linked into Google Drives has been one notable positive for us. It gives us the option to quickly customize and create forms that can then be shared and track responses for us. The website analytics function is very helpful in providing us with real-time insights and date on web traffic and usage.

Inconvénients: There are some natural limitations to the ability to customize pages that will come with any basic website development platform. For example, in order to upload video, it must already be hosted on another platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).

• Publié le 16/12/2020
Student
Fabrication électrique/électronique, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 30/11/2020

"Extremely easy to use but expensive"

Avantages: 1) We can easily select the fonts and colors of the site from the side menu so that when you select the h1 or h2 it directly applies that heading structure and design. 2) Very clean. By this I meant to say that every option is properly differentiated and well defined. 3) The easy integration of the site with Google Drive creating a google sheet is very much appreciated. 4) The website is by default responsive and that is really helpful when you are just starting out building a website. 5) I have never ran into a problem where I need to get contacted with the customer care as the options on the site are pretty much self explanatory. 6) There are no pop ups or any things that distracts you while creating the website. 7) I have started learning the website building when there was some offer to use the premium feature for 15 days. I thought that after 15 days I will leave the site and will check out another website building services but I stuck to this site after that as the ease of use is too good and the features are easy to understand. 8) There are no hidden charges unless you yourself purchase any add on premium services and everything goes smooth.

Inconvénients: 1) There is not smart alignment feature in this website building engine. 2) The price of the basic website is too much in comparison of the other website building engines. 3) Here one needs to have the structure ready before hand designing the website as it goes step by step as changing the site fonts and color will be challenging if not decided earlier. 4) The premium email with the G-Suite feature is too expensive then other service providers. Also the advanced analytics are not provided in the personal plan.

• Publié le 30/11/2020
Alyssa P.
Founder & Creative Director
Design, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 04/10/2020

"Squarespace is my favorite web design platform as a boutique web designer"

Commentaires: I love Squarespace. I've been using it for over 3 years and have been able to quickly produce several websites with it. I'm a little disappointed by how much Squarespace is limited on design, but the tradeoff is worth it with how easy their platform integrates e-commerce, email marketing, scheduling, and inventory management all-in-one.

Avantages: Squarespace is clean, sophisticated, modern, easy to use, and has built-in features such as domain purchasing, email marketing, scheduling, and e-commerce that make it easy to run a business. With Squarespace, I can trust that my clients will be able to manage their website 100% by themselves once I finish designing it for them. With other platforms (like Wordpress), I cannot guarantee the same. I also like how transparent Squarespace's pricing and plans are. It's so easy to upgrade or downgrade as your needs change. In Squarespace, I can design a high-quality website extremely fast and share the draft with my clients easily.

Inconvénients: Squarespace is the least flexible of all the web design platforms that I work with in terms of design customization. There are a lot of different types of widgets and ways to display content that simply aren't available on Squarespace because the platform limits what you can change in the design (probably to prevent websites from turning out bad). I've also noticed that Squarespace websites typically load slower than some of the websites I've built on other platforms like Webflow and Duda.

• Publié le 04/10/2020