Tradegecko is great software and always getting better

Publié le 18/08/2019
Principal
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall it solves most of the business issues and overall we're happy with the product and with Tradegecko

Avantages: Ease of use, integrations, API, user interface, company responsiveness to build features if I made a solid case for lacking functionality, customization of documents, Tradegecko connect workflow builder, aesthetic, simplicity, etc.

Inconvénients: Some of the (new) reporting functions, lack of features like credit limits, no dropdowns in custom fields, Tradegecko connect is stagnant and no new workflow options being added we need more triggers and flow options) , inability to add custom attributes by category, lack of flexibility in creating packsizes (it's only possible to enter a single unit and create a packsize my multiplying it but it's impossible to add a case and break it up to units (wholesalers typically buy and sell by the case and occasionally break up cases), the way packsizes appear in reports ('case' vs the SKU #), the lack of synchronization between POs and items (it requires a item to be MANUALLY linked linked to a PO) and if PO is not linked to a backordered item, any backordered sales order will not be AUTOMATICALLY linked to a PO (a list of possible POs appear even for FULLFILLED items!), limited filtering on options in the inventory area it would be nice to have options like 'does not have this tag' etc), see history for product bundles (formerly composite variants) and not only the history for the actual bundled variant SKU, one has to click on fulfill orders to see still unfulfilled items on a sales order and can't see it on the sales order, it's impossible to see the associated orders that are committed, ordered but not fulfilled and shipped on a variant or product page (it doesn't show up on the history tab and it's not linkable from the committed information in the stock info area)

Love it

Publié le 19/07/2015
Phill D.
Production alimentaire
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Version d’essai gratuite
Support client

Commentaires: I have had a few bumps along the way with Tradegecko, but overall I love it. I was with Unleashed for 2 years when I heard about the Tradegecko integration with WooCommerce, which was exactly what I needed. I decided to do a quick trial in January to scope out the system for a potential end of financial year change over at the end of March. Within 2 hours I had decided to fully implement the system immediately. Mine is a particularly complex installation as I have a large number of WooCommerce extensions. Tradegecko has been relatively stable, but there have been a few learning experiences.

Avantages: I was recently asked what I thought were the benefits of Unleashed over Tradegecko and my reply was that there, are none. The WooCommerce integration is a huge benefit for me, but even if that was taken away, I feel that Tradegecko has the edge. Unleashed does not do tax inclusive pricing well. If you are a wholesaler then this might not be much of a problem, however, if you are retailing too it does become an issue. Tradegecko seems to have solved these technical difficulties and it makes the system much easier to use.

Inconvénients: If you have an integration with WooCommerce then I strongly recommend you have a thorough backup system on your website before you install then do any updates of the Tradegecko app or WooCommerce app. I have had a couple of issues with updates and have now learnt to wait a couple of days before updating - for one issue I think I was the first person to update and experience the particular issue and therefore the technical team hadn't had a chance to fully investigate the bug. I have had a couple of issues with the helpdesk, but it was just one of their agents, and with any growing business there will be some technical staff who are more and less experienced than others. Also, their engineers don't work the weekends and I think this is something that could be improved, for a worldwide system and online so needs someone on hand 24/7. On the positive side of this however, they have been very responsive to some of my constructive criticisms and seem genuinely interested in improving their systems.

envoyé par TradeGecko le 20/07/2015

Hi Phill,

Thanks for the honest feedback, and we are glad that TradeGecko has been able to help you meet your needs. We are always looking to improve our system and service, so we will be sure to pass your feedback on. Have a great day!

TradeGecko

Like a custom made order entry and inventory management system, without hassle and expense

Publié le 29/01/2017
Charlie B.
VP
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The overall TradeGecko system is highly integrated, well designed, and operates without glitches. I never cease to be impressed how the TG team has anticipated every capability businesses such as ours need. Customer support is the best I have experienced in years. Rather than locking you into its own system, TG is an open system that facilitates working with other software and programs. Two TradeGecko (TG) features are essential for us. For customer order entry, TG allows us to automatically import orders from our website, Excel files, and its B2B. Manual entry possible. TG generates attractive invoices, packing lists and enables easy e-mail communication. Our supply chain is 5-6 months so inventory management is an essential 2nd feature. TG provides great functionality and is very easy to update. We always know exactly where we stand with inventory issues. Reporting is a 3rd valuable feature. TG provides invaluable data on individual customer and products. We don't yet integrate TG with our accounting and many of its partners but we plan to begin doing so in 2017.

Avantages: Does what it is supposed to - at a high level. The order entry component is smooth, integrates with the real world and requires minimal training. The inventory management component simplifies inventory management and provides us with all the information we need to manage inventory (no small task).

Inconvénients: There is nothing I do not like about the TradeGecko platform or its team. It is a well-managed business is my fear it will be gobbled up by a leading accounting software company

Outstanding Customer Service and the Most Versatile Supply Chain Management Solution I've Found

Publié le 05/08/2015
Sterling B.
Head of Product Development/ Marketing/ Sales
Support client

Commentaires: Trade Gecko has been a dream for my small business, and starting early has allowed us to track growth as we venture into national sales. I can't wait to look back over our records and watch how much we've grown in a few years. TG has offered us above-standard integration of inventory management as well as our costs of purchase orders, which factor into profit reports per item over time as a "Moving Average Cost" (MAC). As a manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer, we have been able to use this and the "Buy Price" per Purchase Order to track our cost of goods (basically, we calculate that externally and mark it in the Buy Price of an item in a fresh Purchase Order - the MAC is adjusted over time to reflect profit margins as cost of goods varies by batch). One of the most exciting things about TG is their dedication to growth, which is based almost entirely off of customer feedback. We're very excited to watch the development of TG's manufacturer tracking services, which hopefully soon will allow us to calculate and track cost of goods by individual ingredient. As enthused community participants, TG has also given us beta access to cutting edge services that have already cut out our need for other 4th/5th party subscriptions. I feel like eventually TG will be our all around blanket production & sales management interface, and I look forward to that. For now, it's still more versatile than any other SCM solution I've tested, at least without paying $2,000+/mo, and as far as I can tell TG will remain useful as we grow through our business plan and even incorporate. TG has also allowed us to seamlessly integrate with our complex Woo Commerce shopping cart, which we use across multiple sales channels within a Word Press server. TG can track sales back to the individual channel and automate reports to our customers that reflect the proper brands and stores. This has been invaluable to our growth and expansion, and will continue to be for years to come. If you're frustrated and can't figure out which SCM or inventory management solution to choose in the vast sea of services, if nothing else try TG for their outstanding customer support. My favorite part about TG is that no matter what I need to know, figure out, or sometimes even invent, the staff is extremely patient and they know the interface in and out ' I've yet to try to do something within reason that couldn't be done, and it's never taken a CSR more than 2 days to thoroughly teach me how to do it.

envoyé par TradeGecko le 11/08/2015

Dear Sterling,

Thank you for the awesome review! We are glad that TradeGecko has helped your business to grow, and we are happy to hear that the features have helped you to save valuable time in your business. We truly appreciate your support, and will be sure to continue to improve our product to serve your needs!

Very useful with limitations

Publié le 01/11/2016
Jay C.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Tradegecko is a highly useful inventory software with some caveats. Since it is a browser based software, my company's employees can access the software and it's features from any computer or mobile phone (if they downloaded the smartphone app). But the browser based system is also somewhat slow and cumbersome. Browser refreshes are needed quite frequently to make sure that inventory stock are completely up to date but the refreshes take time to load and when you're in the middle of an order, it could be a frustrating to keep clients waiting. On the other hand, the smartphone app is still limited in it's functionalities (for example I would love to access stock control on my smartphone so I can "receive" items in the warehouse with just my cellphone rather than running to my computer). The same goes for TG's main browser based software interface. But having used the service for almost a year, I do notice constant improvements (some significant, some incremental) to the service whether it's a new feature or a annoying interface that's been squashed. Customer service is responsive to queries but I do wish they could implement user-requested features quicker. Another area of improvement is the POS interface. Currently, making a sales order is not very easy. I understand that this system is more suited for wholesalers but I wished it was designed with a retailer in mind. The ease of use is somewhat slow and clunky. Changing or return an order requires a whole series of hoop-jumping. It takes time to teach employees all the steps required for a sales order whereas other POS software are much easier and much more intuitive. I would like to point out that the intelligence reports are particularly useful, saving a significant amount of time (and money) over traditional spreadsheets or the pencil and ledger method. It is highly customizable and easily sorted to display the information you're looking. I've never any problem finding the information I wanted in the intelligence report. I was always able to sort and customize the reports based on exactly what information I was looking for. Overall my experience using TG is unequivocally positive despite the various caveats. I believe as long as the TG team stays responsive and alert to their user's needs and continues to improve upon suggestions, then I believe this software is highly useful for any business with inventory management needs.

Avantages: Intelligence report is extremely useful! Being able to access TG on any computer is a huge advantage.

Inconvénients: Smartphone app is limited. Browser-based software is somewhat slow requiring refreshes for up-to-date stock as well as pretty long loading times during navigation.

Trade Gecko works well and is getting better everyday

Publié le 22/07/2015
Andrew H.
Articles de sport
Support client

Commentaires: From the time I started working with Trade Gecko, they have made a lot of efforts to improve their system. My business is 65 years old, at first I got the feeling that the developers knew nothing about proper business practices. Although it took some time, their customer service reps have finally figured out that I know what I'm talking about. I tested many different inventory companies before settling with Trade Gecko. TradeGecko was the best option.

Avantages: Mostly anything can be done through csv.
Supports multiple price lists (selling and cost)
Supports multiple currencies
Able to sync with multiple sales channels
Able to sync different price lists to different sales channels (initial setup has to be done by TG to get this to work)
ie you can have Wholesale and retail websites with different prices and manage it from TG
Syncs sales and PO's with QBO Canada

Inconvénients: For $200 per month, I would like to have phone support, not just email support.
If I want to make changes in bulk, I have to download the entire database, make changes to the bulk SKU's and then re-upload it. Working with the entire database in csv is very dangerous and has caused problems for me. I would like to see them improve this feature.
Only allows one supplier per item.
Most tasks are easy to do and learn. For advanced users, there are several little hidden features / obstacles that were difficult to figure-out, and left me wondering why didn't they tell me.
There are a few limitations that I have to work around and live with, but I believe with time TG will fix them. For example, you cannot input your own landed cost. You have to use their built in system that calculates landed cost from the PO. This is a huge headache; not all costs associated with a PO are payable to the supplier ie Transport, Duty, Broker Fees, Graphic Artist, etc.

envoyé par TradeGecko le 24/07/2015

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for the great review! We are glad that you chose TradeGecko out of the many options available. We are always looking to improve the system, and will definitely be sure to pass the feedback on. Have a great day!

Great ordering software

Publié le 21/09/2016
Laura L.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Im a consultant for a small but quickly growing company that creates goods and wholesales them. The company needed ordering software to track sales order drafts, orders, and invoices, as well as partial payments and partial shipments. The inventory has LOTS of variables. We needed a solution that could interact with online, but could also be done by hand since so much of the business is done face to face. We needed something easy to use and attractive to look at that had good reporting and also graphs. It was hard to find software that wasn't solely linked to an online store. We're gradually adding a scanning barcode system for inventory, too, and are glad that will interact with trade gecko seamlessly.

Avantages: It really hits ALL the main points of what we need, especially the partial shipments and payments as well as item variables. It integrates with several other types of software. It's helped the business tremendously, and the data on sales is fantastic in streamlining where to put our efforts, what to stock, etc.

Inconvénients: Some functionality isn't there....small things you notice when you use this everyday like we do. i.e. Reports print on multiple pages, for example, but don't have the dates and title of report on each page, or even at the top of the report. You need to screen shot graphs in order to print them. And needing to duplicate orders in order to edit them after finalization. Set up is overall fairly straightforward, but some aspects, if you make a mistake you have to start all over again. Since we had no idea of our costing when we got this software going, we didn't set it up correctly.

Frequent Updates and Extremely User Friendly!

Publié le 13/09/2018
CEO, CFO
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: TradeGecko has really helped us crack down on lost inventory, keeping special pricing accurate, and making sure that we're getting paid for the inventory being shipped out. This is exactly what we needed and we're very happy with the product and service!

Avantages: The clean look of this program isn't just for looks, it's incredibly user friendly and intuitive. One of the biggest pros though is that they are continually updating the program and improving the use and functionality of the software. They're also very easy to communicate with and give feedback to if you can possibly think of an additional feature. We use this program in a slightly less traditional way and their team has been great about making sure it fits our needs in the way we use it.

Inconvénients: We've used this software since "the beginning" unfortunately that meant that when they got a little bigger, we did see a significant price increase. That being said, though the pricing is a little high, it is still worth it for our use. Occasionally there are some small bugs but they usually get squashed quickly since they update so frequently.

Transformed Our Business.

Publié le 28/09/2016
James O.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Trade Gecko has transformed our business,before we where overwhelmed with emails texts and phone calls,by my customers. But now everything is so organised.
We tried so many other B2B apps, before Trade Gecko,with no success. And to top it all off,we get as part of the package,an awesome app,which we have on our iPads. We now don't need to take along any invoice books,or samples, when attending trade fairs,or when calling on our customers.
And one of the many great things about using the B2B app is that, we are able to personalise it
With our company logo's etc,so to all intensive purposes,it feels and works like we had it made Bespoke for ourselves.
There are so many other aspects to the software,such as stock control,weekly performances sent directly to my iphone,I just don't know how we done business prior to using this App.
And our customers can now order,at a time and place that suits them.
Lastly and of great importance to small business,the price,I challance anyone to show me an app,anywhere in the marketplace,that packs so many great tools,in to a software package,at such a great price. Thank you thank you thank you. James O Kane
American Candle & Gift Company

Avantages: everything

Inconvénients: No Payment Module

Our Inventory Headaches are Gone

Publié le 29/10/2014
Debbie M.
Support client

Commentaires: I run an eCommerce business in South Africa called Sensational Kids - www.sensationalkids.co.za. We curate and sell educational kids toys to people and schools across SA. When we embarked on this journey, I was somewhat naive as to the complexities involved with managing a large inventory of products. We started doing everything with a spreadsheet and our site back end system, but things quickly got out of hand. Our eCommerce dev company recommended that we consider integrating the site with a dedicated inventory management system that also spoke to Xero accounting. The team at The Hatchery spent 3 months evaluating all the inventory systems that had interfaces to Xero (incl. OrderHarmony, Unleashed etc), and after throwing TradeGecko (TG) into the decision making mix, we realised it was the system of choice for our requirements. PROS
1. Many inventory systems are weighed down by complexity and archaic interface designs. TG provides current design and interface cues that easily displace the competition when it comes to usability. I consider myself computer literate but by no means an expert, and I find TG to be so easy to work with.
2. Their API allowed our devs to build a seamless integration to TG. Now our inventory and site are kept in sync in real time.
3. Their interface to Xero has saved us a lot of time. A sale on our site goes into TG and then into Xero. Once approved, Xero reconciles the transaction against our bank statement, and whalla, I need do no more to ensure my accountant is happy :)
4. They have some great reports which give me a useful perspective on my inventory. Making good business decisions is so much easier. I am not yet an inventory guru, but thanks to TG I feel I am doing a pretty good job ;)
CONS
1. At times, our devs found turnaround of integration issues a little slow. All contact I have had with TG from a user support perspective has been very efficient, but if you are considering a complex integration then ensure your devs talk to the TG devs in advance.
2. There is no bulk image management process that works well for eCommerce clients like myself. We manage images using our site's back office system, and this works well except for those times when we want to use the TG mobile sales app and then need to manually sync all images to TG.
SUMMARY
Simply put, my business wouldn't be where it is today if it wasn't for this easy-to-use and comprehensive inventory management system. I highly recommend this system!

Great system for our expanding business.

Publié le 18/05/2019
Samer A.
president
Tabac, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The top benefit is that we have all the information we need for every customer of ours right in one place. As well as how easy it is to add new items to our inventory and keep track of them as they come and go.

Avantages: I like the user friendly design, you just follow the steps such as create a customer, create a sales order, create a purchase order for any items that you are out of stock in, receive your purchase order items so it updates your inventory, adjust all items in customer sales order accordingly, once these have been done you finalize the order and email the invoice to your customer. Once all these steps have been completed and you received payment from the customer you mark the order as paid, and that is it you are now finished.

Inconvénients: I was kind of just thrown into using this software not knowing anything about it, so it was a little difficult to understand how it is meant to be used. I did not have a lot of spare time to play around with it at first, but once we did mess with it we found that it does actually do almost everything for you.

Tradegecko is the backbone of our back office.

Publié le 09/06/2015
Leon D.
Refined goods for the home and desk.
Biens de consommation, 2-10 employés
Support client

Commentaires: We're a distributor that supplies to multiple stores in the Benelux, Germany and Scandinavia a.o., additionally we have our own offline and online store based in Amsterdam. B2B
Besides the obvious inventory management, we use Tradegecko for invoicing etc. as well for our B2B activities. We're currently setting it up to work with Xero, which should turn out to be the total set up we need. The Online Ordering Platform is a big plus as well for us as B2B distributors and we seen conversion per customer rise since implementing it.
B2C
We're in the middle of switching to Woocommerce for our new online store as well as setting up a second online store also running on Woocommerce. Having our B2C inventory streamlined in Tradegecko and in sync with our offline store (POS = VendHQ) once that plugin is finished, should make life a lot easier for us.

Avantages: - Online Ordering Platform
- B2B Sales App (Useful for trade shows, although far from perfect)
- Capable & friendly customer service
- Constant development and addition of new features.
- Multiple Warehouses
- Multiple Currencies (We buy our goods in Japanese Yen)

Inconvénients: - Stats are limited, for instance I would like to filter results based on country which isn't possible.
- In the Online Ordering Platform I can't manipulate the order of shown items, which can be very confusing for the end user.
- Occasional bugs (which are usually fixed fast, once they're up to speed) examples:
-- orders that are long fullfilled, keep popping up in the active overview
-- Multiple orders claim to have an unpaid balance of 0,01 or 0,02 cent, while the processed payment equals the invoice amount, resulting in a bloated unpaid invoices overview page.
If these are smoothed out, it's 5 star rating from me!

envoyé par TradeGecko le 09/07/2015

Hi there,

Thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear that TradeGecko is making your life a lot easier. We appreciate your feedback, and are continuously working on improving the software, so we will be sure to pass on your feedback to our product team!

Excellent inventory management software

Publié le 26/10/2018
Nicolas B.
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I started using trade gecko since they started. I can say that they added TONS of new features which make it the most powerful inventory management software of its kind. We use it daily for all tasks and it is really a time saver. Would definitely recommend even thought they don't support our language (Spanish) it is still easy to use and really convenient.

Avantages: It's really easy to use. Simple but really complete software. UI excellent. top notch customer service, usually get response to problems in less than 5 minutes.

Inconvénients: Does not support Spanish language. I think they should add Spanish and many other languages since it is not difficult to port and they would target a lot more customers. I've been using trade gecko since it launched so I'm on a legacy plan. The pricing at the moment is a lot higher that what I payed when I started which is kind of a let down. They should keep old users with old pricing without removing them features, just don't add any new one too.

Cost Effective System For I'ts Features

Publié le 08/08/2016
Christian C.
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have sourced about 3 months for a system that meets my business needs. My Business is mainly operated under consignment. The operations needed to be as time effective as posible to maintain a considerable margin. Other programs or systems had their features that could work with my business but NOT as effective like TradeGecko's system does.

Avantages: The program is very easy to use. Customer service responds fast and effective in comparison to other systems I have had experience with. The cost for the features it includes is acceptable. It allows you to have add ons (sync orders and shipment information for online stores like AMAZON, EBAY and other shipment programs like Shipstation). Also allows me to create orders using my iPad and iPhone while on the go (The orders automatically sync with the sYstem).

Inconvénients: The program is web based. If you have no intenet It does not work. Remember most of the existing systems in the market REQUIRE web connection so I think it's not a big deal. The mobile app only works on Apple devices.

Wholesale Inventory System - Exactly what we needed.

Publié le 22/08/2016
Deb W.
Operational Director
Mode et vêtements, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The team at TG have helped me customise our rather complex needs for our import wholesale business. They are continually working towards more options to make my business transactions more fluid, efficient and relative to our needs.

Avantages: User friendly, able to have multiple locations, perfect for a clothing business with multiple variants of one style, no problems with the scale of our inventory with over 2000 items, integration with Xero, B2B platform (which I am still working on), cloud based - I can access from anywhere in the world, able to upload my inventory myself - this was a considerable cost saving.

Inconvénients: Customisation of reports - they are continually improving this and are working on a couple of my suggestions - so this is a work in progress. Also, I would like to have more users for our plan perhaps a small fee for each extra user, rather then having to jump up to the next plan.

Like and dislike.

Publié le 26/10/2018
Christopher N.
Senior Manager
Meubles, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We would like more customization and integration with our selling platforms such as Qoo10, Lazada and Shopee.

Avantages: Trade gecko has help our company minimise workflow. We mainly use it to create sales order and provides quotations for projects. After creating sales order, the inventory will automatic be locked and subsequently be deducted after shipment. It all works seamlessly. We love it.

Inconvénients: Probably the pricing. As business are currently transiting into ecommerce, having multiple sales channel are pretty common. Like our company, we have 8 websites on shopify, all selling different groups of products. We also have another 3 platforms such at Lazada, Shopee and Qoo10. However, even with the most expensive $499 plan, it only goes up to 5 sales channel. This is completely irrelevant. I think tradegecko should not limit the number of sales channel. Something to think about.

TradeGecko - pros & cons

Publié le 25/11/2018
Stuart N.
Tech
Mode et vêtements, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: A very good inventory system that I would recommend to other companies that want a clear and easy to understand solution that can be up and running quickly. New integrations are being added quickly, and this make for a strong package.

Avantages: Very easy to use, quick to understand, and straightforward. Very quick to implement and intuitive. Customer service has always been open to new ideas, and seeing these ideas taken up and used is great.

Inconvénients: TG needs an ordering and invoicing framework that works for fashion items. A single line for the product and colour option then vertical columns to fill out the sizes. That is the way orders and invoicing has been done in fashion since the beginning of time, and without this TG is hard for fashion businesses. To have a purchase order or invoice that has each style/colour/size variant on a separate line is massively tome consuming and needs to be fixed immediately.

Business Impovement

Publié le 20/09/2016
Jacob V.
Service Manager
51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Ive been using the system now for several years. I do things a little differently with the software and truly it makes it easy for me and my needs. I mainly use it as an internal tracking system for product inventory and service supplies given out to my technicians. It allows them to order as buyers through the B2B portal from our online e-supply inventory and receive their daily products needed to complete their tasks. I love how simple it make it for me in getting them ready for the day and also at the same time allowing me to track their usage on an individual basis.

Avantages: Simple tutorials and very user friendly. Easy to add images, create contacts and manage inventory levels with multiple ways of doing so. Our inventory items don't change often but the amount we use of them is very revolving on a daily basis. Following along with my purchase orders and shipments allows me to know how we are doing and were our money is best being used.

Efficient and easy inventory tool

Publié le 06/09/2016
Torgeir toft E.
Portfolio manager, craft beer and logistics
Import/Export, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My experience with using this has been very good. I mostly use the inventory functions to control stock and sales from local ware house and stock transfers. Haven't been fully able to utilize the B2B websales platform because it's difficult to get our customers over to use this solution as we're just one of many of their suppliers. Regardless of that, I use the B2B-platform from several other of our suppliers, and I love how I am able to see live stock, reserve and buy directly.

Avantages: Very well intergrated between the inventory solution and B2B. Very easy to use and register new products. Always adding features and adapting to their customers needs (f.ex. alcohol levels, sizes, and lot packaging). Quick customer service that takes your suggestions and problems seriously.

Inconvénients: In my field of business it lacks a couple of functions such as setting dates of expiration so you can see how many days there's left. This would be a very valuable tool in terms of keeping track of a large inventory with almost all different expiration dates. This could help me run campaigns on stuff I need to get out of inventory if I could put this in and get a live report of "xx days left on exp. date". Also integration towards more invoicing tools would be welcome.

My trade Gecko

Publié le 30/04/2019
Ann-maree W.
General Manager
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As far as inventory management goes, Trade Gecko is excellent. we sell product from several websites including wholesale and Trade Gecko acts as our warehouse where all stock sits. Love itt for making this straight forward.

Avantages: At first I was hesitant, do we really need this extra site? we also operate Xero and shopify. I almost said no.
Thank goodness I didnt because Trade Gecko has streamlined our retail sites and our wholesale sales. I cant imagine how e would work without it.

Inconvénients: I do find the Invoice layout good but I cant change the margins and end up wasting a lot of paper because the invoice print to two pages when really it could be one page. Very frustrating. Also would love report that quickly shows how we are tracking versus the same period last year.

Tradegecko

Publié le 23/07/2015
Kiri S.
Design
Support client

Commentaires: 90% of my sales are through consignment. In searching for consignment software, Tradegecko came out on top. Not because they specialise in this area, but because there seemed to be a distinct lack of consignment software out there that suited my needs (fashion industry). We worked for over 9 months to get a consignment work-around up and running, and overall I'm happy with the results.

Avantages: The team was great to work with while establishing the consignment work-around and I appreciated that they worked with us so directly in order to establish the needs of consignment clients.
One thing I really like about this software is that it looks good, and is easy to navigate.

Inconvénients: It's expensive; about NZD $130p/month. That's a lot more than other software, for example my accounting software Xero is NZD $60p/month.
I would have appreciated reimbursement for the 7 months set-up time; during this time I was not able to use the software for my consignment needs. A client of mine in NZ took 7 months to get fully set up and running with Vend software for her retail store, and Vend fully refunded her for the 9 months. I would also appreciate such an acknowledgement of the set-up period required with Tradegecko.

envoyé par TradeGecko le 24/07/2015

Hi Kiri,

Thank you for the honest review and we are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the software. We'll be sure to pass your feedback regarding set-up period on. Thanks once again for your support!

5 STAR

Publié le 11/11/2019
Katie H.
GENERALIST
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've enjoyed using TG for several years now.

Avantages: Ease of use. I also appreciate the quick customer service correspondence.

Inconvénients: I have no complaints. I find this program very easy to use and it is intuitive.

80 out of 100

Publié le 01/08/2019
Jerry L.
Procurement Manager
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I can monitor the sales over time and able to make right decisions for procurement

Avantages: Easy to use, not complicated.
Update and solve problems very fast.

Inconvénients: No returns function for buying things from supplier.
Can't send credit note directly from software, can't show the amount should paid after deduct credit note
Forecast demand function does not open for small business user which is not very convenient.

Basic plan

Publié le 06/06/2017
Kristof V.
co worker
Automobile, 2-10 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Commentaires: - Add additional languages: dutch / french / german
- Make own translations / rename possible (example: products and variants being able to change/rename or translate to own choice)
- Tradegecko support: receive an email confirmation when opening a new ticket or replying in a ticket. Only replies by tradegecko are email notified. I, for example, open the same ticket 3 times in a row as it disappeared after a couple of minutes with any feedback = it appears that the support team moved the ticket for further investigation and there for it was disappearing in my account (MY ACTIVITIES)

Avantages: Fast and reliable website / webportal = cloud based
Ipad app
Intelligence functions
Magento connection
Had a problem with the Magento stock status, took a while to explain, understand and proceed but an adjustment by the tech team saved us = so big ups for standing open for malfunctions/adjustments!

Inconvénients: - Limited magento connection: not fully supported (tax class / discounts / excl tax price / visibility setting / categories)
- 3PL Exporter: sales invoices = 5 templates available but not 1 of them contains all data. For European law we need to extract a monthly overview of all the invoices included company name/company number / total price/tax price / tax class. In order te get this data I need to export basic and quickbooks template and then mix 2 complex CSV files... Would be an improvement to provide an template that contains all data of provide custom template on request.
- branding & identity: limited invoice text = Terms and Conditions?
- branding & identity: there is no preview function to see the different Document Specific Settings when making an adjustment
- inventory products: import new products = not able to include the re-order points (CSV) = manually editing afterwards
- inventory products: update existing products = not able to change the re-order points in bulk (CSV)
- inventory products: bulk actions = there is no publish to magento feature (publish to underlaying variants)
- inventory variants: there are no selection boxes at the left (like with the products) = not possible to bulk edit variants / publish to magento / publish to B2B
- B2B eCommerce Platform not available for the basic plan, why does it show up in the menu left and in the product edit/bulk edit screens?

A bad software package

Publié le 05/07/2016
Rafael C.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I appreciate TradeGecko’s effort to have a competitive software package, but their offering is still far away from that. Their programming skills seem questionable since the company I work for had to hire and pay for our own programmer that would fix their problems… So we can have a reliable service Seems that their marketing strategy is to make it very compatible (see the list of add-ons above); hence, marketableas “compatible”. I appreciate that too; however, Tradegecko seems to be implementing what they know… I question what that is, including but not limited to accounting procedures, programming, warehouse operations or work experience. These are some of the problems I have had so far because I have to use this software: Returns can only be attached to an invoice, so if the customer does not provide the original invoice number, we can’t do anything in TradeGecko – adjust in QB and then we have to adjust the quantities in TradeGecko. NOTE that our customers are retailers so if their clients return an item they are also clueless. Still ongoing problem. We run a sales history report to show invoices paid within a time period, the report returns invoices created on said time period that are paid. New problem, but the report used to work. We want a sales report showing all sales reps in one report, we can only run reports showing one sales rep at a time or all sales without sales rep information. Ongoing problem. Connectivity is very slow, we are in the U.S. running Windows 10 desktops and don’t know where their servers are. Still ongoing problem We have to refresh the screen every time we enter information, otherwise the new data may not update on it’s own. It can take anywhere from 10-30 seconds before I stop seeing the “logging into your account hello[user]”. Still ongoing problem Inventory turnover is very important, but they don’t offer a default report showing stock valuation per date. It’s either today’s information or we have to add a code string at the end of another report to see the value at a specific date. Ongoing problem I'm not disputing the positive reviews, just would like to know if any of the readers have the same problems I have AND how you solved them, if ever.

Avantages: Keeps track of complex items and variants
Integrates with QB
Manages a lot of useful information

Inconvénients: Constructively, spend more time making of it a decent product, then spend the time making it more compatible Slow system response
Lack important reports
Requires that the client hires and pays on their own pocket a programmer to solve some problems
Little consideration to real work scenarios (like merchandise returns)
Very INFLEXIBLE
They have good data, but don't know how to manage data

envoyé par TradeGecko le 11/07/2016

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for the feedback and I know some of the team are working on this with you but let me just give some more detail here,

1. Returns - we do currently only support returns against an invoice as we want to make sure we associate any movement of goods against a sales order, we're evaluating if there's another method we should support with this.

2. Sales history report - we've made some big changes and improvements to the intelligence section of TradeGecko and we're making some more improvements to give more flexibility around invoice dates / payment due dates etc.,

3. Sales rep report - yep, we don't offer a great solution for this right now, it's on the todo list.

4. Connectivity - our servers are based in the USA (hosted on AWS), so not sure about any latency or speed issues, would love to dive more into this.

5. We're currently working on inventory turnover and more general supply chain metrics and will make sure to update you asap

Thanks again and my apologies that I can't solve all of your issues, but happy to give complete transparency on progress to delivering more of the functions that you're looking to run your growing business. I know Priscilla has been in touch and do get back to her or me if there's anything I can do to help,

Best,