Happy to Recommend Phocas!

Publié le 17/10/2019
Graham L.
Business Intelligence Coordinator
Pétrole et énergies, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We started with Phocas in 2009 with just the standard sales database for one region of our business but have now progressed to multiple sales databases for other business units with fully integrated rebates module as well as finance and procurement style database now, with plans to roll it out further in other parts of the business.

Avantages: The ease of use of Phocas is what puts it at the top of our list for BI software. The set up of the data was quick and easy (with great support from the Phocas guys) and ability to drill down from top line data right into the detail of a transaction is what makes Phocas a great tool for us. Phocas is widely used across our business to track and analyse sales data, finance data and purchasing data with future plans to add more modules. The PUG Forum is also a good feature for me, if there is something that you don't know how to do then you'll find the info there or someone can point you in the right direction. It's also a great place to suggest the feature that you'd like to see and Phocas review and add on to their product road map, so you know they are listening to your ideas.

Inconvénients: I'd say the visualizations and widgets on the dashboards could do with abit of updating. The charts aren't always a flexible as you'd like with axes labels and adjusting the axes to suit the chart, plus you have to be quite specific with the data in the first place to get the chart you want.

Phocas is Amazing!

Nicholas G.
Data Analyst
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The biggest benefit is not having our sales reps rely on our IT department to create a report from an old legacy system. They also don't have to rely on standard out of the box reports that can be limited in scope. Phocas allows them to instantly dive into their sales data and find anything they need--from summary numbers to very specific sales data. In fact, this applies across all departments including management. The ease and flexibility of finding information is incredible.

Avantages: Ease of use. Within seconds I can find the exact data I am looking for. It requires very little technical knowledge, however, I have set up many advanced sales--and even financial--reports using Custom Mode. The software loads quickly, and I have rarely encountered a bug. On the few occasions where I have emailed the support desk they ALWAYS respond quickly and have a solution implemented right away. This is definitely not the case with many other software companies that I deal with. I love Phocas.

Inconvénients: This is very minor, but exporting reports could use some touch ups. Exporting to Excel comes with conditional formatting. Some users may like it, however I almost always remove the conditional formats because it dramatically slows down other functions I may perform with the data in Excel. Again, this is very minor as I understand the usefulness to some users of having the conditional formats already set up. I also occasionally print a report that displays in a weird format with regards to column headings and column widths.

Phocas has helped us keep our salespeople on task

Jim M.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Vente en gros, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Phocas software is great! We are just scratching the surface with what it can do and look forward to using this more.

Avantages: We have used Phocas since 2008 and have always liked how fast we can generate reports. The reports that I have setup to e-mail keep me informed on key indicators in our business. We started using CRM a couple of years ago and like how easy it is for our salespeople to enter calls on their mobile device.

Inconvénients: I would like to see a better way to track and run reports on leads in CRM. Sometimes upgrades and support take a little longer the we would like.

Best BI Tool

Jorge A.
IT
Appareils médicaux, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I love it, since we really started using phocas(last pug conference) I have decreased the amount of crystal reports by at least 75% or more.

Avantages: This software allows me to gather databases from all over the organization and present the, to our users via dashboard/report or let them drive their own reporting.

Inconvénients: It was a bit difficult to understand the Sync/dbdesigner part since documentation on this was a bit vague

Phocas Review

Adam L.
Controller
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use it for daily, weekly and monthly exception reporting for all areas of our business.

Avantages: User-friendliness. It's very intuitive and easy to use. It has a nice clean and modern look and feel.

Inconvénients: It doesn't have all the data in it we would like and sometimes it is difficult to get that data into Phocas. That may be more of an Eclipse limitation though.

Comprehensive Reporting & Business Building Tool

Jason H.
Area Manager
Automobile, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My overall experience with Phocas has been excellent, we use the system to monitor growing and declining sales to protect out business and easily identify buying gaps to help increase sales.

Avantages: Ease of use, speed of reporting and level of detail available that can be accessed. Automated reporting saves a lot of time. Support from the account managers when required is excellent.

Inconvénients: Sometimes some of the functionality could be improved further to allow more flexibility. An example here would be multiple options for subscriptions i.e. a weekly report that you could also set to receive at monthend without the need to create a new favourite. Nest function is a fantastic addition to the functionality but due to the way Phocas works you have to start at the bottom layer of data then build layers above.

BI software that let's me do it the way I want to do it.

Publié le 09/10/2019
Mike J.
IT Manager
Vente en gros, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Being able to run reports in minutes instead of hours has saved me so much time. It helps me work more efficiently.

Avantages: What I most like about Phocas is I can get to the information I need by how I think about it. While someone else in my company can get to the same exact information in a totally different manner. The great thing is we get to the same exact information.

Inconvénients: The thing I like least is the inability to print nice looking dashboards. We have sales meetings and the managers want to print each salesmen's information from a master dashboard. This way it can be handed out to each person so they can see their information as it is talked about generally in the meeting.

I've worked with Phocas for just a year, and absolutely LOVE it.

Stephanie S.
B.I. Software Specialist
Logistique et chaîne d'approvisionnement, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The ease of use is great, and has brought so much benefit to our company. We are able to customize reports and dashboards to our needs as a company, which is a huge deal. Getting reports out to our field is easy and painless. We use subscriptions constantly, and that has made many employee's lives easier.

Inconvénients: I wish, still there was more ability to customize the report layouts. There are a lot of times when I have to create the report in Phocas, export it, and then do additional formatting in Excel. Also, the ability to download an entire dashboard would be amazing! It would make it so much easier than exporting each part individually.

Very User Friendly Software

Bo A.
Business Intelligence Manager
Logistique et chaîne d'approvisionnement, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's a great tool at a great value and it keeps improving. If you don't know what you're doing this team is more than happy to help you get off the ground and train you and set up your initial databases, they'll help you succeed.

Avantages: The support team is great and very helpful. The software is very easy to learn for new users and people that aren't comfortable with an analytics tool. The tool is very intuitive and you can start doing analysis very quickly.

Inconvénients: The Custom function does add depth of functionality, but it's hard to do certain formulas like Maxs, Mins, or Standard Deviations. The amount of graphics and charts is increasing but it would still be nice to have more.

Phocas going forward

Publié le 09/10/2019
James L.
Finance Director
Vente en gros, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It is giving us an insight we have never had before into our performance and the measure ability especially in terms of profit and there link to rebates.

Avantages: I am most excited about the ability to draw in different strands of information from the various software platforms we operate as part of the business. We generate so much data that frankly its too intimidating to consider analysis of it all without the services of Phocas

Inconvénients: I would like to see more integration in the CRM side of the software. For instance our ERP is ultimately our primary CRM system aswell, so we manage the contacts there, but they do not automatically sync through to the contacts tab of the CRM section. Some further automation from existing systems would be nice.

Excellent Business Intelligence

Darren B.
National Sales Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Managing a sales force performance is key and the data provided by Phocas allows quick and easy benchmarking. There is also a superb level of output for the sales force to use to be better account managers and category champions.

Avantages: The ability to dive into category data, and split by customers, customers groups, date ranges, sales rep, is excellent.
Also the ability to present customers purchasing data to them via matrix reports and charts is very impressive.

Inconvénients: Writing custom reports is a great feature but can be tricky if you don’t do it very often.

A Game Changer!

Publié le 13/10/2019
Shirley M.
Financial Controller
Vente au détail, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: the data from using Phocas has driven many key marketing and sales decisions with only positive results. We are now moving forwards in obtaining more data from our stock and purchasing databases to assist our Operations teams.

Avantages: the ease of obtaining information in a usable way, and the speed at which we can get analysis of the data has been a game changer for our business! The dashboards are key for our teams and the alerts take the day to day thinking out of my hands!

Inconvénients: There is nothing negative about this software from my perspective!

Reporting to masses

Martin S.
Matériaux de construction, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Phocas provided an ideal solution for producing the same views of information for Different job roles using the permissions in the background. This reduced our dependance on Excel reporting by around 60%

Inconvénients: Phocas is more a visualisation tool rather than deep dive and planning is necessary to ensure output views meet the expected results, particular around columnar structure. That said it has had nothing but a positive impact on the Business reporting consumption by the masses.

Our experience over 16 years of Phocas usage

Grahame B.
Head of Technical Services
Entreposage, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We have been a user of Phocas since 2003 and it has proved to be the single most useful piece of software we have ever used. We have our staff, customers and suppliers accessing the system, it is that good. Our suppliers prefer to use Phocas to their own in house systems and our customers say they have never seen anything as good. Without Phocas we would seriously struggle to know what is going on in our business.

Inconvénients: There is nothing we don't really like...

Phocas Software review

Mark V.
sales manager
Automobile, 13-50 employés

Commentaires: great staff , great system I have nothing but praise for Phocas

Avantages: The system is great to use and easy , I like the fact I can customize reports and dashboards to suit my business.

Inconvénients: I have no issues with the software, the system works well for us.

My experience

Gene P.
Salesman
Emballage et conteneurs, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Use it everyday, helps service customers quickly.

Avantages: Find out extended history on a customer; get transactional data over any specified time period; review usage by product category, vendor, customer, grade, order type, etc.

Inconvénients: Can view on iPad, but not real clean: limiting fields in some of the functions tend to overlap making it impossible to do. Would like to abbreviate column headings, but can’t.

Phocas Software review

Christopher L.
Vente en gros, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Sales and profit information by customer and product line is instantaneously available. I do not know how we functioned without it. Grat tool to analyze sales and profitability

Avantages: Information Availability and speed of access to queries

Inconvénients: We cannot link our customer price matrix database to our sales information

I'm a daily power user for focus and train our team. Best data analysis software to date!

James L.
Data Manager
Papier et produits forestiers, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The software is not only easy to use, and basically unbreakable, it is accessible almost anywhere. Hours have been saved thanks to the software. This is hands down the best software that i've ever used in my company.

Inconvénients: Minor gripes about the interface and specific features that could be easily fixed. Currently running an older version, so 2016 may fix some of them

Phocas BI

Cyndi S.
Pricing Manager
Matériaux de construction, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are an Electrical Distributor. We use Phocas in every facet of our business to pull data about sales, inventory, products.

Avantages: Easy to use and understand. Logical thought processes to pull your data.

Inconvénients: When using the Nesting feature you have to be right on the "Drag here" in order to have your other dimension stick. Sometimes you must try three or four times before it holds.

Best piece of software ever!

Publié le 29/07/2015
Andrew K.
Marketing et publicité
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Phocas is very easy to use, very intuitive and provides excellent business information. It is relatively inexpensive per user and at times, worth its weight in gold!

Inconvénients: Nothing really. I am not a lover of the weekly/ monthly user subscription model as unless you make a point of regularly reviewing the usage, as your business changes sometimes you end up paying for users that have stopped using it. However that's really our problem rather than theirs.

Love Phocas!

Dianne M.
Information Systems
Matériaux de construction, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I have been a Phocas user for a couple of years. Being a SHIMS user, we are always looking for software to enhance it and make the end users lives easier. Phocas has been a great fit for us.

Inconvénients: We started using the CRM database about 6 months ago. After a somewhat rocky start, the salesforce is finally embracing the technology.

Easy to use and learn. Powerful, but not intimidating.

Jerry H.
Director of Operations
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This software deals with large amounts of data with exceptional speed and simplicity putting relevant data at your finger tips. Easy to convince people to use

Inconvénients: Limited in complex searches. CRM is Limited. Whenever you get a software that offers simplcity, there is some sacrifice on flexibility, but it is worth the sacrifice

Phocas review

David M.
Matériaux de construction, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We have improved margin, customer retention, staff output and much more.

Avantages: Data is very powerful when used properly.
Easy to use once leaned and it's extremely quick to extract important data.

Inconvénients: Some bugs still sit in the software. Not a lot but they are annoying when they do pop up.

The first place I turn to find answers

Publié le 31/03/2015
Brandon G.
Purchasing Manager/Business Analyst
Logistique et chaîne d'approvisionnement
4.5 / 5
3.5 / 5
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Phocas is like Legos. With a little creativity, you can build almost anything you'll ever need to find and solve problems with stats. Simple but consistent and powerful.

Inconvénients: The product always gives quick, accurate results; however, the support team does not. We get very custom with how we use the BI, and it feels like high-end users know more about the product than the advocates. It takes time to get details worked out on new databases, and we have been skipped over for upgrades in the past.

Great product

Joseph C.
Systems Programmer/Analyst
Construction, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Very easy to get to the data that we need. We have used this product for about 5 years now and it works great.

Inconvénients: It takes a little bit of setup but most of that was just trying to decide what data we wanted to get to. Other than that no real problems.