Avis clients sur Blackboard Collaborate

En savoir plus sur Blackboard Collaborate

Cette solution de téléconférence web spécialement conçue pour l'apprentissage et entièrement repensée permet aux employés de suivre des formations n'importe où et à tout moment.

En savoir plus sur Blackboard Collaborate

I enjoyed using Blackboard as a student of a local community college.

Blackboard Collaborate - Notes

Blackboard Collaborate a reçu une note globale de 4,2 étoiles sur 5 d'après 429 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Blackboard Collaborate ?

Gabriela
Gabriela
Employee (É.-U.)
Production alimentaire, 10 000+ employés

Blackboard Collaborate Review

Commentaires : My overall experience with Blackboard Collaborate is always amazing. My grades have improved so much with this and I have been so much more organized because it comes with a calendar and reminder of when assignments are due and I never miss an assignment.

A feature that I absolutely love about this software is the breakout rooms for group projects. I love that professors can break us into groups and it is not difficult to see in Blackboard. I love how easy it is to use this software. I also love that I get to see my professors feedback on any assignments that have been graded. I love seeing the exact percentage as well instead of it saying "B+". I absolutely love Blackboard!

One feature that I hope that this software improves is sharing the computer audio. It would be really helpful to get audio instead of text because I feel like it is easier to communicate faster and a lot more easier than text. Either way I highly recommend this software because It has helped me be more organized. There are no features that are difficult.

Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 501–1 000 employés

Blackboard Collaborate Review

5,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Blackboard collaborate is a straightforward tool that is very effective for educational purposes.

As a university student in the COVID-19 pandemic, blackboard collaborate was a complete necessity. I used this app everyday for at least 2 years while navigating through classes, webinars and even exams. It is a great app that is geared toward hosting larger groups. This software is easy to use and the interface is very interactive. It allows for screen sharing and even fantastic features that allow the host to give attendees impromptu multiple choice quizzes. The break out room feature is also beneficial in managing larger groups. One of my favorite features is the promotion of asynchronous learning by providing recordings of meetings and classes. The icons are also very easy to use, even for first time users.

Blackboard collaborate needs an extremely strong internet connection to run smoothly. Other than that, the app is quite reliable.

Asaf
Senior Software Engineer (Azerbaïdjan)
Logiciels, 51–200 employés

Great software for Higher Education

5,0 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : All in all, Blackboard Collaborate is a great software for managing education materials.

I can easily log into my account and see all courses that I got. Also, nice interface make this software special because I use it daily. I can download or upload materials without any problems.

I am actually using it in education purpose only and I have not faced with any problems yet.

Arturo
Arturo
Multi-tasking (Mexique)
Marketing et publicité, 2–10 employés

Your Blacboard virtual classroom integration

3,0 il y a 12 mois

Commentaires : The overall experience of Blackboard Collaborate is compliant and straightforward because as I said it does not have many features or differentiators against its market competition, it is simply the blackboard addon to take online classes or virtual meetings, its stability also characterizes it but from there on out, it is a pretty normal platform, and very easy to use.

What makes collaborate stand out is its stability when it comes to virtual meetings, of course depending on your network is what determines your experience during the meeting of course. Another thing is that in my case, being still a student, the collaborate is already integrated into the class in a section where either the teacher creates the icon on the left bar, or you simply go to the blackboard tools and you can find there the meeting you want to enter the entire course you have. The platform is designed for you to join immediately so if you are in a hurry, the software will take care of that and help you with that.

I didn't see many disadvantages of blackboard collaborate when it comes to taking classes or having meetings with my team when planning projects, since it is a virtual meeting software that complies but is quite simple, which does not have many differentiators out of the market. It is quite reliable, but for some reason, my teachers prefer to take better classes in Microsoft Teams because they feel it has better and more features than blacboard collaborate.

Diana Grace
Faculty (Philippines)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201–500 employés

All in one LMS!

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : Overall, it is a good investment. Money paid by the school is all worth it.

What i like most with blackboard Collaborate is the video conferencing. Aside the the LMS feature, data storage and assessment feature, the video conferencing is already there. Students will be reminded of the schedule of class and when the teacher is already in the virtual classroom. Conferences can lso be recorded ang uploaded in BB.

I dont have anything against this software, i love how it can be easily manage by the teacher as well as the students.

Kelly
Kelly
Owner (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 2–10 employés

Buggy and Difficult for Students to Use

Commentaires : I really wanted to like Blackboard Collaborate, but there are just too many problems and it gets in the way of the actual learning for my students.

The software does a good job with video, audio and screen sharing. I'm able to easily must students and see when someone has a question. I like that when I record a session, it makes the recording automatically available for the students.

I teach at a community college and recently switched to Collaborate for my class. I teach adults who are able to handle most technical issues, but collaborate has been very frustrating to deal with. Several of my students simply quit coming because they kept getting kicked out. I also like to join on both my phone and laptop so I can demonstrate mobile apps, but Collaborate only allows me to log in once. The help section and knowledge base have a lot of content, but I can never find the answers I'm looking for.

Eugenio
Professor (Espagne)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51–200 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Old software for newer times

Commentaires : The support was horrible, most of them are salesman and when they redirect to the specialist at the end is openning a ticket because they do not know neither.

It has the aspect of blackboard ultra, so if you paid blackboard ultra 7000 euros per year, then you can benefit paying 3000 euros more for the collaborate and have it all in one.

There are not good features in it, other newer platforms have more features, configurations, options and the price is a lot less.

Développement et commerce international, Auto-entrepreneur

Alternatives envisagées :

Solid collaboration and communication platform

Commentaires : The general experience is that Blackboard Collaborate is a solid tool for collaboration, team and file management, and communication in video conferences.

Blackboard Collaborate has a broad range of features and comes along with high customizability. The video conferencing is very good, also in comparison with competitors, such as "ZOOM" and "Microsoft Teams".

Ease of use and ease of development is lacking. Moreover, the then even more necessary customer support is not always as available as needed and responses solving an issue can take a while. A clearer and simplified design of the overlays could tremendously benefit these issues.

hendrik
marketing (Indonésie)
Produits alimentaires, 11–50 employés

Collaborate with Blackboard

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

+ Separate areas for group work+ Instruments for polling in meetings and classrooms+ Recording without limit

Playback of audio and video lags a little, especially when using multi-camera view.

Rita
Teacher (É.-U.)
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Great Service

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Overall, good product to utilize in the classroom such as college but I would suggest another platform for professional meetings

One of the things that I like most about Blackboard Collaborate is that it is a great tool for teaching a course online. It has made it easier to teacher an online course compared to other services

One of the things I like the least about Blackboard Collaborate is the video feed. The video feed is unstable along with video audio when screen sharing a video during class

Cheryl
Adjunct Prof of Speech and Theatre (É.-U.)
E-learning, 1 001–5 000 employés

Bb Collaborate Brings Life to Online-Learning Courses

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Overall, I am very happy using Blackboard Collaborate for my online asynchronous (speech communication) courses, as they have made my transfer to online teaching such an easy one! I can't think of a better way to present material for students, and to help individuals during coaching sessions and meetings. So easy to use, presenting in an inviting and simply way (visually) and my students have found it easy to use as well.

The easy to use Bb Collaborate helps keep an online class alive. The recording options allows teachers to teach an online course, have the experience recorded, and then uploaded for later viewing for those students unable to attend live. For asynchronous classes, setting up individual meetings, or sessions for coaching students (especially for speech communication courses) is so helpful, easy to use, and very easy for students to simply click on a link to join the meeting. I feel it is a safer version than zoom, and the file-sharing, and screen-sharing options make it versatile and user-friendly for teaches and students alike. My favorite feature is the scheduling set-up: you can easily invite individuals or an entire class by sending the link to them via an email, and creating a time-frame for entering the meeting. The icons on the meeting page are also easy to navigate for first-time users (most of my students are using this for the first time) .

Some of the "how to" features when searching for help in using the application were not as clearly presented (there's a lot to navigate through on those help pages), but this is the only aspect of this teaching tool that I would re-visit. The rest of the software hasn't show to be difficult to use, in any way.

Professor (É.-U.)

Blackboard Collaborate

Blackboard has been around for a long time and they certainly have a handle on online educational resources. I used Blackbaord as a student and then as an educator. Customization of courses and assignments is clean looking. There are a few different way to organize lessons, modules and the like to fit your teaching and training preferences, or virtual conferences. Assessing assignments and the built-in grading is a really fluid and offers a few different modes for categorizing activities. I usually use weighted system with some extra credit and compared to other platforms I've used like D2L or Canvas, Blackboard is much easier to work with. I Personally prefer Canvas, but Blackboard is really solid. *My institution recently switched from Blackboard to D2L.

Blackboard comes with themes and font styles, but the over all look is kinda of boring, despite the various backgrounds it offers. Blackboard also offers some embedded applications like Wikis, and other educational resources from publishers like Pearson, and while most of them seem to function, I've had many issues with these connected resources being broken. Hyper links seemed to constantly break in my announcements after some time, this could be me or an issue with one of my student's browser though, but I thought I'd put it here for people new to this software.

Santino
Student (Jamaïque)

Online Learning Platform

5,0 l’année dernière

A great software for large class groups with features geared towards teaching and learning. The option to record meetings and save to the cloud makes it a great platform for creating pre-recordings for classes. The breakout room feature makes it easy to manage large groups by separating them and visiting each group individually. The amount of control provided to the host over the features is great for class management.

For sessions to run smoothly the internet connection has to be extremely fast. The bandwidth requirement for use of this software is very high and causes students to disconnect frequently. The platform can glitch at times and may require a restart before normal use can be resumed.

Sashana
Student (Jamaïque)
E-learning, Auto-entrepreneur

Very Interactive and Easy to Use!

Commentaires : Blackboard Collaborate was definitely the right choice. I enjoy using this platform and would definitely recommend it as an ideal platform for e-learning.

Blackboard Collaborate makes e-learning interactive and hassle-free. I am a university student and the administration decided, when the lockdown started in March, to use this platform to facilitate online learning. When I was introduced to the interface in the beginning, I found that it was very easy to navigate. It offers a tour of the interface which proved to be quite helpful. However, Blackboard is so simple and easy to use that you won't have difficulty using it without the tour/tutorial. The labels are accurate, and everything is easy to find and well organized. The e-classroom features include options to use video, audio and the chat, where everyone can type and interact throughout class time with the use of emoticons/emojis. Teachers can share their screens, record sessions, create polls, create break out groups for group work and more. Blackboard Collaborate can be used on tablets, laptops and phones. It is perfect for online learning.

There is really nothing to dislike about Blackboard Collaborate. It ticks all the boxes and really does take much of the dreariness out of the virtual learning platform. Although e-learning is definitely not comparable to face-to-face learning, Blackboard Collaborate makes it much easier to adapt.

Josh
Senior Advisor (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 000+ employés

Blackboard- Buyer Beware

This program is used for all of our training, mentoring, Advisor meetings, and round tables; as such, I appreciate the versatility of the program in my organization. Screensharing is easy to use, as are video and audio chats. Creating a test in Blackboard is a very cool feature I learned about recently and I’ve been trying it out to make tests for my mentors. Moderator tools, such as turning off chat, audio and video help prevent any possibility of cheating amongst Advisors. I really like the whiteboard feature as well, and myself and my mentors and team mates alike enjoy making silly messages or posting clip art from the internet.

Blackboard has crashed on me quite a bit, as it has on many others in my organization. Connections errors happen quite often. Sometimes, the collaborate file we download gets randomly corrupted and we have to figure that out on our own and re-download a fresh copy. There isn’t much troubleshooting on their website for the issues we face, and sometimes IT is as clueless as we are on how to fix it. The interface for Collaborate is severely outdated, and needs a fine tuneup. We were excited to learn of an iPhone application for Blackboard, and then we downloaded it and not only has it not been updated in years, it was extremely dated and lacked basic functionality like screen sharing, video, whiteboard and moderator tools.

Ariella
software Engineer (Irlande)
Logiciels, 1 001–5 000 employés

Blackboard Collaborate for online learning

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Blackboard was my first online learning experience and it was a good one. The course I followed was a twice weekly live event with lectures in a virtual course room, and the rest of the week material was uploaded for us to study in the module section, this could be more lectures via uploaded videos or uploaded reading material.

The way our Blackboard Collaborate was set up meant that the layout was well organised and it was very clear how to navigate all the different menus. It did help that I only had 2 courses per trimester, but still the layout is very good. Module content was easy to find. I liked how you could leave questions in the discussion group and either the lecturer or other students would answer and it felt like you were not completely studying on your own. I think the way the class tests were set up is very good, also the questions are randomly allocated to every student to try and prevent cheating, which I think is a very clever thing to do.

The uploading of documents was not always straightforward and sometimes I wouldn't be sure if the work was submitted. Joining a course room to join a live lecture would not always work. Also I tried joining a course room on my phone a few times, but not very successful, audio would be there, but the visual (slides usually) could not be seen.

Stacey
Teacher (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201–500 employés

Not So Smooth

Commentaires : This program works, but is very choppy. I don't recommend it- there are smoother options.
However, it does get the job done if required to use.
I'd consider looking elsewhere though, if possible!

Blackboard Collaborate has video conference abilities. The program has a 'whiteboard' that can be shared on the screen and interacted with by both administrator and users. (teacher and students) They make it so you can upload PDF into files, and share those with the users on the screen. This feature is nice as you only have to upload it once. They allow share screen with any open tabs as well.

If there are more than 4users on the call, you cannot see more of them. It is impossible to see everyone at once, or to scroll through the other users. There are many connectivity issues with Blackboard Collaborate making it challenging to provide quality interaction with users. It has a lag in timing between what is shown or said and when the other users see it on their screen. The whiteboard feature is nice, but writing on it is challenging as well as when you erase, you have to erase the whole 'whiteboard' rather than controlling what pieces to erase and which to keep.

Christina
Sales Assistant (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 10 000+ employés

Very Useful Technology!

Commentaires : I liked using Blackboard being able to stay on top of all my grades while staying on top of my assignments is a huge help. Thanks to Blackboard it has made me be a better student.

I enjoyed using Blackboard as a student of a local community college. I found that it was really easy to use and one of the best programs I had ever encountered! It was so important to me to be able to learn not only in class, but also at home. Being that I had not been in classes in some time it sometimes took me longer than my classmates to understand, and learn things. I was able to use Blackboard at home and they had many different activities that would help you get extra practice from flashcards, quizzes and labs that you could use to help you better understand the curriculum that was being taught that day!

Sometimes down for scheduled banner maintenance so was not able to access my grades or assignments when I needed to. Thankfully I was always informed of any maintenance beforehand so I was able to see the information needed before it was down! (Not usually very long at all though!)

Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur

It's alright, but could be better

Commentaires : Compared to Google Classroom it has some advantages, but also lacks in many areas. I wish the app was more reliable and didn't fail at loading many assignments. You get used to the interface, but it could be a lot simpler and I wish the designers would look to Google Classroom as a model.

Blackboard has the ability to include many different types of media like powerpoints, spreadsheets, pdfs, and work documents all in one place

The interface is very outdated and could use a redesign. There is a lot of unnecessary links and pages that you need to go through in order to access something as simple as homework. I also wish the login page was easier and actually didn't require me to log in every time.

Michelle
Program Director (É.-U.)

Great Product

Commentaires : It is a great tool that I previously used for snow days to keep learning going in my classroom but now I am using it for all my online classes and it has been a great tool that the students and I use to continue our classes.

It was easy to set up a virtual classroom within my Blackboard classroom. It is easy to upload your power point presentations to present lectures, it has a polling feature where you can ask live questions and get immediate feedback as the students answer the question. It has a whiteboard feature that you can write and draw on for equations or flow charts.

The product works only through google chrome so if a student does not open it in Chrome then they will not be able to get into the virtual classroom.

Kheirallah
student (É.-U.)

Interconnected and Efficient

Commentaires : This educational software has allowed me to easily access all my courses while having all the tools necessary to carry on my education. This software has made the lives of instructors and scholars easier and I recommend more facilities other than colleges and Universities to use it more often.

This learning software has been such a blast to work with throughout being in university. Even before the Pandemic occurred Blackboard Collaborate was a platform where all work can be completed and submitted while having the tools necessary to succeed.

There is a learning curve that all users of this software must overcome to understand how to use this software. For instance, there are specific tabs each instructor or student must be familiar with to navigate to their desired destination. However, there aren't many negatives because it does not take long to understand how to work around the software.

Casscilla
Casscilla
Student (É.-U.)
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur

Strayer Student

Commentaires : I love blackboard this is one of the great software I have ever seen in a college and I am thankful that I will be using it after I am done with each term. It helps me stay on track with my work that is due.

I like that blackboard has every piece of information that I need in regards to my school assignments. Not having to go to the site and login is a plus when it comes to doing my task. I can also and question and get answers right away with this software.

I see that they have take the virtual assistant off of the blackboard. Many of us depended on this to help us when the school wasn't open. I am sure if you put Iven back on that we would use him he was such a help.

Jennifer
Student (É.-U.)
E-learning, 10 000+ employés

Blackboard review

Commentaires : Overall i like using blackboard because it helps me keep all my classes and assignment in one program which is really helpful. And all my grades are shown for each class.

I really liked using blackboard for all of my classes. It was an easy website or app to go to everyday to check my grade and assignments that are due. It made it easy for me to contact teachers when needed.

I don’t love the set up of the website when you log in. It takes some getting used to to fully understand it. I also didn’t like how it showed all the classes i took in past semesters first so i had to go to the bottom of the page to find the classes I’m currently enrolled in.

Logiciels, 51–200 employés

Good collaborative tool for long-distance learning

Lots of useful features for professors and students that makes online learning feel more personal. Instant messaging works well and the interactive whiteboard is indispensable. It's a nice touch that it's browser-based, so there's no need for students to download a desktop version as it can be accessed anywhere. Students seems to benefit from the instant interaction with the teacher with the two-way webcam capabilities. Uploading files, slides, and videos is smooth and useful.

All features are hard to realise if you don't have a lot of IT resources or experience. Students should be able to record private sessions/breakout rooms. Sometimes students find that the more people in attendance, the more instance of freezing and errors. Some students have also mentioned issues interacting with the MacBooks. Tablet/mobile capability could also be tweaked as the interactive whiteboard seems to have issues on these platforms.

Chad
Chad
Medical Student (Jamaïque)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 5 001–10 000 employés

Amazing Teaching Platform in University

The interface is very intuitive and allows persons to learn remotely. Also allows for recording and playback of the lessons or conferences which is a major bonus. It also allows persons to write notes on presentations or highlight topics.

May be a bit bandwidth intensive. Does not allow you to download recorded videos.