Avis clients sur Blackboard Collaborate

par Blackboard

• Service client

En savoir plus sur Blackboard Collaborate

Cette solution de téléconférence web spécialement conçue pour l'apprentissage et entièrement repensée permet aux employés de suivre des formations n'importe où et à tout moment.

En savoir plus sur Blackboard Collaborate

288 avis affichés

Gabriela R.
Employee
Production alimentaire, 10 001+ employés
  • Publié le 19/05/2020

"Blackboard Collaborate Review "

Commentaires: My overall experience with Blackboard Collaborate is always amazing. My grades have improved so much with this and I have been so much more organized because it comes with a calendar and reminder of when assignments are due and I never miss an assignment.

Avantages: A feature that I absolutely love about this software is the breakout rooms for group projects. I love that professors can break us into groups and it is not difficult to see in Blackboard. I love how easy it is to use this software. I also love that I get to see my professors feedback on any assignments that have been graded. I love seeing the exact percentage as well instead of it saying "B+". I absolutely love Blackboard!

Inconvénients: One feature that I hope that this software improves is sharing the computer audio. It would be really helpful to get audio instead of text because I feel like it is easier to communicate faster and a lot more easier than text. Either way I highly recommend this software because It has helped me be more organized. There are no features that are difficult.

• Publié le 19/05/2020
EIR
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 24/10/2019

"Classroom Video conferring "

Commentaires: my overall experience of Blackboard Collaborate is good

Avantages: As opposed to web casting and video conferencing software, Blackboard Collaborate has interrogations and features that are specifically designed for engagement with the learners/audience

Inconvénients: I am a new user of the Blackboard Collaborate's license so far nothing to complain about. Although the budget for this product is more expensive than our previous option

• Publié le 24/10/2019
Josh B.
Senior Advisor
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 001+ employés
  • Publié le 02/08/2019

"Blackboard- Buyer Beware "

Avantages: This program is used for all of our training, mentoring, Advisor meetings, and round tables; as such, I appreciate the versatility of the program in my organization. Screensharing is easy to use, as are video and audio chats. Creating a test in Blackboard is a very cool feature I learned about recently and I’ve been trying it out to make tests for my mentors. Moderator tools, such as turning off chat, audio and video help prevent any possibility of cheating amongst Advisors. I really like the whiteboard feature as well, and myself and my mentors and team mates alike enjoy making silly messages or posting clip art from the internet.

Inconvénients: Blackboard has crashed on me quite a bit, as it has on many others in my organization. Connections errors happen quite often. Sometimes, the collaborate file we download gets randomly corrupted and we have to figure that out on our own and re-download a fresh copy. There isn’t much troubleshooting on their website for the issues we face, and sometimes IT is as clueless as we are on how to fix it. The interface for Collaborate is severely outdated, and needs a fine tuneup. We were excited to learn of an iPhone application for Blackboard, and then we downloaded it and not only has it not been updated in years, it was extremely dated and lacked basic functionality like screen sharing, video, whiteboard and moderator tools.

• Publié le 02/08/2019
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 27/04/2020

"It's alright, but could be better"

Commentaires: Compared to Google Classroom it has some advantages, but also lacks in many areas. I wish the app was more reliable and didn't fail at loading many assignments. You get used to the interface, but it could be a lot simpler and I wish the designers would look to Google Classroom as a model.

Avantages: Blackboard has the ability to include many different types of media like powerpoints, spreadsheets, pdfs, and work documents all in one place

Inconvénients: The interface is very outdated and could use a redesign. There is a lot of unnecessary links and pages that you need to go through in order to access something as simple as homework. I also wish the login page was easier and actually didn't require me to log in every time.

• Publié le 27/04/2020
Nikolaus W.
Marketing Expert
E-learning, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 03/03/2020

"Good Product, just pricy in comparison to others"

Commentaires: We use blackboard for our e-learning webinars and are satisfied

Avantages: Easy to use, worked everytime we used it

Inconvénients: it cost much more than our other webinar software

• Publié le 03/03/2020
Russell P.
Teacher, Consultant
E-learning, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 04/02/2019

"Mostly reliable platform for online classes"

Commentaires: Pleased with my experiences with Blackboard. It's incredible that you are able to take virtual classes with this platform.

Avantages: As background information, this was used for online classes - so my experiences is limited and based only on that. With that said, though, I was pleased with my interactions with Blackboard Collaborate. Here are the pros:
- It has an Interactive Whiteboard feature that is quite helpful. Teachers can add their slide deck or presentation here. The students can then "interact" with the presentation using some nice features (type words, underline texts, even highlight).
- Similar to other programs, you can share your device's screen with the class or you can allow other students to share their screen if they need to show a presentation or something. This comes in very handy if used well.
- If you've never used Blackboard before, I think it's pretty easy to get the hang of. It's well organized and has a nice user interface.
- Without Blackboard, managing the workflow in an online class would be extremely difficult. However, Blackboard does a phenomenal job of allowing information, assignments, quizzes, etc. to be assigned and returned/collected in an organized fashion.
- If a student is unable to attend a live session, Blackboard includes a record option so they can go back and watch the lesson whenever possible. This can also be used for remediation and review.
- They have some nice little features that often go overlooked, like the quick response or thumbs up/thumbs down features. It's helpful when quickly checking for understanding.
- Breakout/small group feature.

Inconvénients: Here are some concerns:
- While it works well with Chrome, this platform does not seem to work with Safari or Edge. (This could be user error, though.)
- This may be user error, too, but I found the audio to be a little off. It seems like they could do some updates here to help it sound a little more smooth and less choppy. Sometimes you don't always hear everything.
- Even though the record feature is awesome - it can be annoying because the video and the audio are sometimes off.
- I guess this could be based on the WiFi connectivity, but video quality is inconsistent.

Kylee C.
Enseignement supérieur, 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Publié le 28/04/2020

"Helpful with school work"

Commentaires: It took a while to get accustomed to using Blackboard but after a while I could do it in my sleep. It makes accessing my course information simple and fast.

Avantages: It is simple to use. I can easily view my grades and assignments whenever I need to. If I ever need to get in contact with my professors, blackboard makes it convenient and easy to find their information.

Inconvénients: The iOS app often crashes or logs you out automatically very frequently

• Publié le 28/04/2020
Diego T.
DevOps Engineer
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 27/06/2020

"Blackboard is so popular and so complicated"

Commentaires: I can't complain about Blackboard. It has helped me have a constant communication with my students and share content for my courses,

Avantages: Definitely Blackboard has everything a teacher needs, it can help you check plagiarism, need to do a video conference, you don't need to use zoom or any other tool, Blackboard has it. But learn to use it takes some time. I'm a professor at college and using this the first semester was a little complex. "Easy stuffs" take time to learn, but when you're use to it, you really take advantage of it. Specially these days with Covid19 pandemic.

Inconvénients: You need to take some time to become an OK user of Blackboard. It has so many options that cause you to get lost in what you want to learn. So the learning curve is high. But it's worth it.
Something I don't really like is the grading system, I think it has areas of improvements. It's current standard way of showing grades, doesn't works in other places.

• Publié le 27/06/2020
Krista i. C.
Dental Hygienist
Cabinets médicaux, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 02/04/2020

"Used it in undergrad and postgrad "

Commentaires: Good- It helped me get through my courses and stay organized.

Avantages: Blackboard was mandatory to used at Middlesex community and MCPHS in boston. I felt as though it was pretty easy to use and communicate with my peers and professors. My favorite part of BB was discussion boards and collaborating with my courses.

Inconvénients: Sometimes blackboard would have issues but very rare. I feels as though it was a good product and helped me in undergrad and post grad.

• Publié le 02/04/2020
Ansuman S.
PhD student
  • Publié le 30/03/2020

"Good software for teaching large students"

Commentaires: It is useful to manage a class of several students for a course. But, the video tutoring feature is not well designed as skype/zoom.

Avantages: It is a good software to manage the student assignments, participation points, grades and sending email in groups.

Inconvénients: Usually, large institutions and universities can afford it. The video method of learning is not very well supported.

• Publié le 30/03/2020
Anvita S.
Tutor
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 15/09/2019

"Blackboard Collaborate is Good for Online Classes and Assignments"

Commentaires: Overall I enjoyed my experience with Blackboard. I liked the simplicity of responding to scenarios my professors posted and the option to reply to threads and individual posts from my peers with whom I had to interact with. I think Blackboard is very convenient for professors and for students alike, but that it can improve on some of its user friendliness and provide a neater and more efficient messaging platform and visual layout especially because not all students or instructors are necessarily computer savvy.

Avantages: I used Blackboard Collaborate for several years in graduate school. What I liked most about this software was the simplicity of utilizing the conversation threads. There was nothing too "fancy" and the layout provided simple 'reply' and 'reply all' buttons. Each week we were required to answer questions about a scenario, and reply to other students' remarks as well. It was easy to see which posts did not have replies yet so that we each student got a change to have a reply. I think if this information wasn't provided on the main screen many posts would be overlooked, and I liked that the layout was clear on who posted and who replied, especially when professors emphasized replying to posts that had fewer or no replies already. I also liked that there was a messaging system built in, so we could communicate with our fellow students and professor within the website while working on assignments.

Inconvénients: What I liked least about Blackboard Collaborate was that if I wanted to message my entire class, I would have to individually click every student's name, and then click the "To" button in order to add them as recipients. It was honestly time consuming and extremely frustrating as a graduate student because it wasted so many minutes every time, especially because I would often forget to actually click "To" after I manually clicked a student's name, so I wouldn't realize they weren't added into the message and would have to start over. This was unfriendly for users, especially for graduate students who need to focus on their assignments and communicating to their peers rather than trying to remember if they did the two-step clicking process for every single student rather than having a simple "select all" option! I don't know why there was no select all option to add the entire class when this is a platform universities often use for online classes and assignments. One more thing I did not like about Blackboard was that the layout was a bit confusing and not user friendly. It took me a while to get used to the flow of the website which felt unorganized and a bit scattered. I could see this being more of a problem for older graduate students who aren't used to adapting to various website layouts with many links to each class and each assignment stacked upon each other in an overwhelming way.

• Publié le 15/09/2019
Lauren M.
Teacher
Enseignement primaire et secondaire
  • Source : SoftwareAdvice
  • Publié le 27/08/2016

"I've been using this for years, and love it, but it has major issues"

Avantages: Blackboard Collaborate is such a great option for online teachers. We use it to meet with students and present lessons live on the computer. I use it weekly. It is seamlessly integrated with PowerPoint. The features are neat - you have lots of controls as a moderator. You can allow students to speak, use video cameras, type, draw, add pictures to the whiteboard, etc. You can set how many students can be speaking at once. You can mute them by taking away tools. You can create breakout rooms. You can play all sorts of media. You can remove students who are not behaving. You can lock the room or allow attendees in late. I've met with anywhere from 1 to 700 participants. You can make permanent forcing slides and make sure that students can't do anything without a teacher being present, but there are downsides to those functionalities as well. The app is really great. It is limited, and simple, but I've never had a problem with it.

Inconvénients: The major thing I dislike is the "exception error" that I get CONSTANTLY. Basically, BBC can only handle so much data. Because it can't tell which participant needs what, it actually has to save and stream anything within a certain time period and send that out to everyone in the room. So, it really bogs the room down. It is just saving a TON of data at any given time. We've had to create separate rooms for back to back sessions instead of hosting them in the same room for this reason. It'll give an exception error if you try to do too much with too many people in too small a timeframe. Don't try to host a session over a wireless hotspot unless you have unlimited data. One session cost me like 2 gigs of data. Recording can only be done in the main room. If you need to record in a breakout session, you'll have to figure something else out. We use Snagit for breakout room recordings. The administrator panel is very confusing. I'm really tech savvy and I have a hard time navigating. It is definitely not intuitive when it comes to setting up new rooms and adding moderators. The permanent forcing slides are good. No issues there. However, what a pain to set up -- it just makes no sense. I wish it was easier to figure out how to do that.

• Source : SoftwareAdvice
  • Publié le 27/08/2016
Neisha P.
Marketing Administrative Assistant
  • Publié le 22/12/2018

"BB as an Administrator & a Student"

Commentaires: I like Blackboard as a learning platform. I do think, like all software, a few bugs need to be worked out for better administration. Maybe a face-lift would be nice as well.

Avantages: As a student the software is easy to use and has an easy to use dashboard. It is nice to be able to email other students or teachers, especially when you get to the university level. I like how there are different options to view your grades and when you submit your assignments there is a confirmation code that is generated. There is also a variety of tools besides email in which communication can take place, like discussion boards, videos, or links to other websites. I also found it handy to keep track of important announcements from campus organizations and professors. As an Administrator I like how the software can keep me organized and track the progress of the students.

Inconvénients: I did not have many issues as a student, but as an administrator I found a few places with room for improvement. At times it was difficult to upload assignments, I would always get an error message. I know I am completing the correct steps because I have uploaded many assignments. Another issue I had was that this software always seemed to go down at the most in opportune times, like right before finals and then an extension had to be given to the students to be fair. I can't say if it was the fault of the school or the software, all I know is it is frustrating.

• Publié le 22/12/2018
Steve O.
educator
Administration publique, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 18/09/2019

"Excellent online meeting tool"

Commentaires: Blackboard Collaborate is an essential tool for online meetings. Provides more than just voice meetings and allows an interactive experience. This provided an excellent meeting experience for 9-12 high school students in an online environment.

Avantages: Blackboard Collaborate is an efficient tool to use for online meetings. Meeting hosts can load presentations into a whiteboard space and navigate as the meeting progresses. Participants have a variety of tools available to participate in the meeting including a chat box, emoticons, raise hand, step away and other features. Video for both the host and the participants can be enabled. Whiteboard tools can be activated to allow users to write on the whiteboard space using a variety of writing tools. Meetings can be recorded, downloaded, and saved for users to view at other time.

Inconvénients: This software can have a high learning curve. Very intimidating for non-technical users. Proper customer and technical training is highly recommended. Large groups (100 plus) will lag in Blackboard Collaborate.

• Publié le 18/09/2019
Lee M.
program coordinator
E-learning, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 03/12/2019

"Blackboard Collaborate Ultra"

Commentaires: Blackboard Collaborate (Ultra) has improved over the past year or so. Being able to set up all of my chat sessions for the course in advance is most helpful and I do utilize the recording option with every chat so that my students can refer back to the recording for clarification, demonstrations, and/or in case they missed the live session. Being able to successfully share my entire screen is a must and I am so glad that they were able to update that feature. I have used other live (virtual) chat meeting programs, but Blackboard Collaborate also allows the students/attendees to raise their virtual hand when they have a question (not all other programs have that feature), and during an online class chat it is very important for students to be able to get the instructor/presenter's attention without verbally interrupting them.

Avantages: Blackboard Collaborate (Ultra) has improved and now I can share my entire screen with my students without the image erroring out or showing repeated screens that trail off into infinity, which means I no longer have to switch from application to application and can seamlessly share any program or document as soon as it is opened.

Inconvénients: The ability to detach or un-dock the text chat box and move it around to a different location while sharing my screen during a live chat would be most helpful. When you are using two monitors and focusing on one it would be great if the text box could be shown in a more convenient spot so I could see it at the same time.

• Publié le 03/12/2019
Rebecca B.
E-learning, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 20/11/2018

"Equips you to be organized "

Commentaires: I have completed several courses both in class and online through blackboard and have minimal negative comments. I have taken it for math, science, and even art courses and each were fairly easy to navigate. Having electronic copies of important documents, like the syllabus, is invaluable because it is always accessible for your reference. The more you use it, the easier it becomes to navigate.

Avantages: Everything you needed for the course could be found under its heading, so you always had access to your syllabus and course requirements. It allows the unconventional student to be equipped with everything they need to still learn outside of the classroom - at the convenience of their own time.

Inconvénients: Just because all the information is provided does not mean you are automatically organized - toggling between tabs creates the possibility of potentially missing an assignment, as blackboard does not alert you when something is due. therefore, if you happen to skip over a tab in the class you may also be skipping over an assignment.

• Publié le 20/11/2018
Christina B.
Sales Assistant
Gestion de l'enseignement, 10 001+ employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 12/12/2018

"Very Useful Technology! "

Commentaires: I liked using Blackboard being able to stay on top of all my grades while staying on top of my assignments is a huge help. Thanks to Blackboard it has made me be a better student.

Avantages: I enjoyed using Blackboard as a student of a local community college. I found that it was really easy to use and one of the best programs I had ever encountered! It was so important to me to be able to learn not only in class, but also at home. Being that I had not been in classes in some time it sometimes took me longer than my classmates to understand, and learn things. I was able to use Blackboard at home and they had many different activities that would help you get extra practice from flashcards, quizzes and labs that you could use to help you better understand the curriculum that was being taught that day!

Inconvénients: Sometimes down for scheduled banner maintenance so was not able to access my grades or assignments when I needed to. Thankfully I was always informed of any maintenance beforehand so I was able to see the information needed before it was down! (Not usually very long at all though!)

• Publié le 12/12/2018
Tiffani B.
Tutor/Adjunct Faculty
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 28/11/2018

"Student review of Blackboard "

Avantages: I used this platform while in college. All of our classes were accessible in one place and we had access to teachers/classmates at all times. Could ask questions and get immediate responses. Could submit papers/assignments so you never had to worry about your dog eating it (😁). Calendar kept you organized on due dates and class material. Grades on classwork/tests were easily accessible at all times.

Inconvénients: From a student perspective it was a great program. There were only a couple of things that I found difficult but I think it had more to do with the teacher who set up the class on Blackboard. Some material was hard to find. Too many options to put assignments. They should all go in one place. Didn't like the fact that I had to open up 5 folders to find reading assignment or questions to be answered. Discussion board could get overwhelming and looked very disorganized

• Publié le 28/11/2018
Tamika B.
The Gold Standard for Education Efficiency!
  • Publié le 23/08/2019

"An Instructor's Needed Resource!"

Commentaires: I access Blackboard on a daily basis in order to post assignments and grades. I am an adjunct instructor at several institutions of higher learning. I am elated that a lot of institutions use this software for their students as it offers so much versatility. For example, you can use Blackboard to engage in remote learning sessions with students. I use this software to course copy if there aren't any major changes in my courses.

Avantages: I love the overall functionality of this software as you can post grades, assignments, video tutorials, and various educational-based resources. The ease of usage with this software is comfortable as it is easy to comprehend.

Inconvénients: I honestly don't have any cons from usage associated with this product. The overall learning curve and navigation of this product are easy to comprehend.

• Publié le 23/08/2019
Cristy L.
Staff Auditor
Vente au détail, 10 001+ employés

"Blackboard"

Commentaires: Overall I love Blackboard

Avantages: The thing I like about blackboard is the ability to download app onto phone and easily navigate through messages, discussion post, new grades submitted.. the list goes on. Blackboard has taken in the evolving approach in technology implemented into this software. You can modify, add or dismiss what you don't want shown. Blackboard if your platform and can customise it as you wish to fit your need. It is very user friendly.

Inconvénients: I don't think there's anything I dislike about this software. Perhaps the one thing I like least about this software is not being able to view attempted assessments via the phone application. It will direct you to use your desktop browser to view details.

Michelle N.
Program Director
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 07/04/2020

"Great Product"

Commentaires: It is a great tool that I previously used for snow days to keep learning going in my classroom but now I am using it for all my online classes and it has been a great tool that the students and I use to continue our classes.

Avantages: It was easy to set up a virtual classroom within my Blackboard classroom. It is easy to upload your power point presentations to present lectures, it has a polling feature where you can ask live questions and get immediate feedback as the students answer the question. It has a whiteboard feature that you can write and draw on for equations or flow charts.

Inconvénients: The product works only through google chrome so if a student does not open it in Chrome then they will not be able to get into the virtual classroom.

• Publié le 07/04/2020
Senior Payroll Generalist
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 06/08/2018

"Worked with Blackboard for several yrs obtaining two degress as an online student."

Commentaires: I have used Blackboard across the years in different educational facilities as an online student. It has been non-problematic and I've achieved to college degrees and would recommend to anyone looking to set-up a learning environment.

Avantages: I like the ease and setup of the course in blackboard. The layout is super-friendly in terms of finding your course materials, your email, instructor information, or accessing discussion boards. As a student in different schools, I found blackboard worked pretty much the same way, no issues in attending my live class sessions or taking my tests.

Inconvénients: No cons regarding blackboard from a student's stance. It is really laid out where anyone can log in and find their way around after a brief tutorial.

• Publié le 06/08/2018
Casscilla C.
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 12/02/2020

"Strayer Student"

Commentaires: I love blackboard this is one of the great software I have ever seen in a college and I am thankful that I will be using it after I am done with each term. It helps me stay on track with my work that is due.

Avantages: I like that blackboard has every piece of information that I need in regards to my school assignments. Not having to go to the site and login is a plus when it comes to doing my task. I can also and question and get answers right away with this software.

Inconvénients: I see that they have take the virtual assistant off of the blackboard. Many of us depended on this to help us when the school wasn't open. I am sure if you put Iven back on that we would use him he was such a help.

• Publié le 12/02/2020
Jennifer M.
E-learning, 10 001+ employés
  • Publié le 23/01/2019

"Blackboard review "

Commentaires: Overall i like using blackboard because it helps me keep all my classes and assignment in one program which is really helpful. And all my grades are shown for each class.

Avantages: I really liked using blackboard for all of my classes. It was an easy website or app to go to everyday to check my grade and assignments that are due. It made it easy for me to contact teachers when needed.

Inconvénients: I don’t love the set up of the website when you log in. It takes some getting used to to fully understand it. I also didn’t like how it showed all the classes i took in past semesters first so i had to go to the bottom of the page to find the classes I’m currently enrolled in.

• Publié le 23/01/2019
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 27/01/2018

"Good collaborative tool for long-distance learning"

Avantages: Lots of useful features for professors and students that makes online learning feel more personal. Instant messaging works well and the interactive whiteboard is indispensable. It's a nice touch that it's browser-based, so there's no need for students to download a desktop version as it can be accessed anywhere. Students seems to benefit from the instant interaction with the teacher with the two-way webcam capabilities. Uploading files, slides, and videos is smooth and useful.

Inconvénients: All features are hard to realise if you don't have a lot of IT resources or experience. Students should be able to record private sessions/breakout rooms. Sometimes students find that the more people in attendance, the more instance of freezing and errors. Some students have also mentioned issues interacting with the MacBooks. Tablet/mobile capability could also be tweaked as the interactive whiteboard seems to have issues on these platforms.

• Publié le 27/01/2018