15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur Blackboard Collaborate

En savoir plus sur Blackboard Collaborate

Cette solution de téléconférence web spécialement conçue pour l'apprentissage et entièrement repensée permet aux employés de suivre des formations n'importe où et à tout moment.

En savoir plus sur Blackboard Collaborate

I enjoyed using Blackboard as a student of a local community college.

I teach at a community college and recently switched to Collaborate for my class. I teach adults who are able to handle most technical issues, but collaborate has been very frustrating to deal with.

Blackboard Collaborate - Notes

Blackboard Collaborate a reçu une note globale de 4,2 étoiles sur 5 d'après 440 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Blackboard Collaborate ?

Gabriela
Gabriela
Employee (É.-U.)
Production alimentaire, 10 000+ employés

Blackboard Collaborate Review

Commentaires : My overall experience with Blackboard Collaborate is always amazing. My grades have improved so much with this and I have been so much more organized because it comes with a calendar and reminder of when assignments are due and I never miss an assignment.

A feature that I absolutely love about this software is the breakout rooms for group projects. I love that professors can break us into groups and it is not difficult to see in Blackboard. I love how easy it is to use this software. I also love that I get to see my professors feedback on any assignments that have been graded. I love seeing the exact percentage as well instead of it saying "B+". I absolutely love Blackboard!

One feature that I hope that this software improves is sharing the computer audio. It would be really helpful to get audio instead of text because I feel like it is easier to communicate faster and a lot more easier than text. Either way I highly recommend this software because It has helped me be more organized. There are no features that are difficult.

Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 501–1 000 employés

Blackboard Collaborate Review

Commentaires : Blackboard collaborate is a straightforward tool that is very effective for educational purposes.

As a university student in the COVID-19 pandemic, blackboard collaborate was a complete necessity. I used this app everyday for at least 2 years while navigating through classes, webinars and even exams. It is a great app that is geared toward hosting larger groups. This software is easy to use and the interface is very interactive. It allows for screen sharing and even fantastic features that allow the host to give attendees impromptu multiple choice quizzes. The break out room feature is also beneficial in managing larger groups. One of my favorite features is the promotion of asynchronous learning by providing recordings of meetings and classes. The icons are also very easy to use, even for first time users.

Blackboard collaborate needs an extremely strong internet connection to run smoothly. Other than that, the app is quite reliable.

Mahlaga
Librarian (Afrique du Sud)
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001–5 000 employés

Blackboard Collaborate in Higher Education

3,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Blackboard Collaborate is a great product. Minor additions are required to make learning management easier.

It allows for a variety of events such as meetings, virtual classrooms and conferences with larger audiences.

The table of contents in the module object does not have active links that allow students to seamlessly jump from one item to another. Students are required to use the forward and backward arrows to get to a section in the module. This situation wastes time and can be frustrating on a slow internet connection.

Noxolo
Noxolo
Tutor and Student (Afrique du Sud)
Comptabilité, 501–1 000 employés

Collaborate Personal Experience

5,0 il y a 3 mois

I love that one can teach, create and manage sessions, get grades and have online training and seminars.

I don't like that sometimes the number of people who can attend an online session is limited (it was 250 personnel) and that it crashes.

Wassim
Associate Professor (É.-U.)
Réseaux informatiques, 501–1 000 employés

Blackboard Collaborate: Video Conferencing Embedded into the Blackboard LMS Platform

4,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : Very great experience. Has been using it with Blackboard for conducting video lectures and office hours in my online and face-to-face university courses.

The integration of Blackboard Collaborate with the Blackboard LMS makes it very easy to conduct video chat sessions with course participants for the sake of online lecturing, tutorial sessions, or office hours. Collaborate has more or less all the features available in dedicated video conferencing tools such as Zoom or MS Teams with the ease and flexibility of using it from within the Blackboard LMS.

Some performance lagging in voice has been experienced on slow network connections. The number of participants is not the cause of this but probably the media tuning algorithms to smooth the lags cause by intermittent Internet connections.

TeHilla
Student (Jamaïque)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 501–1 000 employés

A Necessary Platform in the Face of the Decline of Face to Face Classes

Commentaires : I love blackboard collaborate. It saved my education during the pandemic. The most useful feature for me is the ease of access to recordings. Unlike other platforms, the recordings are stored directly on the platform and do not require the host or lecturer to directly send the recording to participants. The platform is so easy to use and mimics the structure of a real classroom.

Ease of Navigation User friendly Multiple avenues of communication (video, audio and live chat) Break out rooms options for group collaboration during classes Ability to schedule and create multiple classes that can be conducted simultaneously without disrupting each other Hands up feature Polls Recordings available

Initial learning curve as the platform is not similar to others that’s i’ve used before.

Arturo
Arturo
Multi-tasking (Mexique)
Marketing et publicité, 2–10 employés

Your Blacboard virtual classroom integration

Commentaires : The overall experience of Blackboard Collaborate is compliant and straightforward because as I said it does not have many features or differentiators against its market competition, it is simply the blackboard addon to take online classes or virtual meetings, its stability also characterizes it but from there on out, it is a pretty normal platform, and very easy to use.

What makes collaborate stand out is its stability when it comes to virtual meetings, of course depending on your network is what determines your experience during the meeting of course. Another thing is that in my case, being still a student, the collaborate is already integrated into the class in a section where either the teacher creates the icon on the left bar, or you simply go to the blackboard tools and you can find there the meeting you want to enter the entire course you have. The platform is designed for you to join immediately so if you are in a hurry, the software will take care of that and help you with that.

I didn't see many disadvantages of blackboard collaborate when it comes to taking classes or having meetings with my team when planning projects, since it is a virtual meeting software that complies but is quite simple, which does not have many differentiators out of the market. It is quite reliable, but for some reason, my teachers prefer to take better classes in Microsoft Teams because they feel it has better and more features than blacboard collaborate.

Diego
Staff Writer (É.-U.)
Production audiovisuelle, 11–50 employés

Workable, but lacking in reliability

Great for large groups, has enough features to keep up with the competition including: breakout rooms which work great, screen sharing, whiteboard for demonstrations, moderating for a smooth meeting flow. It's somewhat easy to use, so that's always a plus.

My biggest problem is reliability and stability. The software has crashed on me quite often, even with a robust and very capable laptop. For a software that's supposed to make collaboration easy, these issues are big drawbacks for me, and it's why we switched back to our original software.

Services et technologies de l'information, 11–50 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Classroom Video conferring

Commentaires : my overall experience of Blackboard Collaborate is good

As opposed to web casting and video conferencing software, Blackboard Collaborate has interrogations and features that are specifically designed for engagement with the learners/audience

I am a new user of the Blackboard Collaborate's license so far nothing to complain about. Although the budget for this product is more expensive than our previous option

Mark
Mark
Adjunct Instructor (É.-U.)
E-learning, 51–200 employés

Good Alternative to Zoom

4,0 il y a 4 semaines Nouveau

The software is a more complete and efficient way to connect with students than Zoom.

Like much of Blackboard, it can be cumbersome. Once that is figured out it is an effective tool.

Anvita
Anvita
Tutor (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur

Blackboard Collaborate is Good for Online Classes and Assignments

Commentaires : Overall I enjoyed my experience with Blackboard. I liked the simplicity of responding to scenarios my professors posted and the option to reply to threads and individual posts from my peers with whom I had to interact with. I think Blackboard is very convenient for professors and for students alike, but that it can improve on some of its user friendliness and provide a neater and more efficient messaging platform and visual layout especially because not all students or instructors are necessarily computer savvy.

I used Blackboard Collaborate for several years in graduate school. What I liked most about this software was the simplicity of utilizing the conversation threads. There was nothing too "fancy" and the layout provided simple 'reply' and 'reply all' buttons. Each week we were required to answer questions about a scenario, and reply to other students' remarks as well. It was easy to see which posts did not have replies yet so that we each student got a change to have a reply. I think if this information wasn't provided on the main screen many posts would be overlooked, and I liked that the layout was clear on who posted and who replied, especially when professors emphasized replying to posts that had fewer or no replies already. I also liked that there was a messaging system built in, so we could communicate with our fellow students and professor within the website while working on assignments.

What I liked least about Blackboard Collaborate was that if I wanted to message my entire class, I would have to individually click every student's name, and then click the "To" button in order to add them as recipients. It was honestly time consuming and extremely frustrating as a graduate student because it wasted so many minutes every time, especially because I would often forget to actually click "To" after I manually clicked a student's name, so I wouldn't realize they weren't added into the message and would have to start over. This was unfriendly for users, especially for graduate students who need to focus on their assignments and communicating to their peers rather than trying to remember if they did the two-step clicking process for every single student rather than having a simple "select all" option! I don't know why there was no select all option to add the entire class when this is a platform universities often use for online classes and assignments. One more thing I did not like about Blackboard was that the layout was a bit confusing and not user friendly. It took me a while to get used to the flow of the website which felt unorganized and a bit scattered. I could see this being more of a problem for older graduate students who aren't used to adapting to various website layouts with many links to each class and each assignment stacked upon each other in an overwhelming way.

RussAhna
Student (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 501–1 000 employés

Blackboard College Student Perspective

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I was neither buyer nor administrator so I can't speak to that end of it or its cost value. However, I can say, if you're looking for a software that allows students to learn and collaborate with an interactive platforms built for learning and collaborating, this is one of the best options out there. I say this as someone who has used Canvas, Teams, and interactive text software built for collaboration. I've never used Google Classroom but I have used Jamboards and similar collaborative "white board" and commenting software. This is the best product I've used next to Canvas in the higher education setting among other students/peers long-term. Teams really does work best for "small professional teams" in my opinion, and the classroom is not a small professional team. Jamboard, Padlet and collaborative whiteboard software just always felt underdeveloped, messy, crowded and too lacking in structure. They're really glorified shared sticky notes, which only work in very small doses. I don't have much to say in comparing Canvas and Blackboard. They're similar on the student user end with subtle stylistic differences. However, at this time, if the choice is between the two, I can't think of anything specific that would tip me one way or the other.

I loved its collaboration tools. We also used it in combination with Zoom during the pandemic, which was cool as a concept. In practice, it was overwhelming because of hybrid classes and older professors who struggle with technology. At times, it could be frustrating to work with so much depending on online material but there was a security in Blackboard, that when we figured it out, solved small technical issues, the end result was reliable and optimized in some way or another for any kind of educational activity. Zoom is arguably faster paced, more live, but working with the two together, offered really unique and creative new collaborative experiences. I appreciated the versatility and accessibility of Blackboard greatly.

I disliked the inconsistent technical demands and the lack of transparency about the differences between what professors view and what students view. Some of this could be fixed with our own research but some of this could have been helped with a little more technical support on the user side. I also found the inconsistent email notifications annoying. It might seem redundant to other users but for all email notifications and correspondence, I would have preferred matching formatting and styles of notification. It would have helped me find things more quickly and it would have made skimming fifty or so emails every morning for important communications more fruitful.

Professor (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001–5 000 employés

Blackboard Collaborate

Blackboard has been around for a long time and they certainly have a handle on online educational resources. I used Blackbaord as a student and then as an educator. Customization of courses and assignments is clean looking. There are a few different way to organize lessons, modules and the like to fit your teaching and training preferences, or virtual conferences. Assessing assignments and the built-in grading is a really fluid and offers a few different modes for categorizing activities. I usually use weighted system with some extra credit and compared to other platforms I've used like D2L or Canvas, Blackboard is much easier to work with. I Personally prefer Canvas, but Blackboard is really solid. *My institution recently switched from Blackboard to D2L.

Blackboard comes with themes and font styles, but the over all look is kinda of boring, despite the various backgrounds it offers. Blackboard also offers some embedded applications like Wikis, and other educational resources from publishers like Pearson, and while most of them seem to function, I've had many issues with these connected resources being broken. Hyper links seemed to constantly break in my announcements after some time, this could be me or an issue with one of my student's browser though, but I thought I'd put it here for people new to this software.

Axel
Axel
Engineer (Mexique)
Automobile, 2–10 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Awesome page for study

Commentaires : In was using this app since I was in high school and I really use it for study and sent my homeworks and works, it was so easy to use, and now with my industry I been thinking in use this app, and my workers love it, beacuse is like a stay in the school, and you can sent all the works or anything that they need to show me.

This app is for all the people who are studing or working in houses, is so easy to use and they have a lot of settings to had more control. You can upload any document for all your workers or for your students.

Honestly this app is a little outdated but it's a good app. I mean nowadays there are a lot of this type of page for students and for some industry, and this app has not more diference than the others.

Yina
Yina
Student / Pharmaceutical Scientist (É.-U.)
Produits pharmaceutiques, 501–1 000 employés

Blackboard Collaborate— not the best, but better than most

Commentaires : Blackboard Collaborate is a single tick virtual study hall and online cooperation apparatus manufactured explicitly for establishments who need to convey additionally captivating, customized, and adaptable learning alternatives for understudies. Although it isn't perfect, It works out positively past customary web conferencing to meet the broad and fluctuated cooperation needs of the present instructors and students.

Board Collaborate is a direct and consistent online collective learning stage. It is a totally overhauled administration that gives a degree of commitment in which students and instructors become one. The capacity to welcome outside visitors (like guests) makes this device a significant asset in furnishing understudies with introduction to an assortment of speakers and points. Generally, it is anything but difficult to set-up meetings, start and end them, and to make accounts of the gatherings and occasions for documented use. A particular favorite feature of mine is the screen sharing feature; it permits presenters' demonstrations to be displayed for students to follow along.

The audio-video synchronization is rather inconsistent; often times, the video and audio aren't in sync. Additionally, revisiting to meetings after they've been recorded is somewhat of a pain. It is particularly hard for teachers and students who are not as tech-savvy. Another con is that teachers and students regularly lose connectivity, regardless of how strong their internet connection is. Lastly, the quantity or participants in a single session makes it nearly impossible for synchronized verbal communication compared to many other software on the market.

Enseignement supérieur, 501–1 000 employés

A great starter program but with a lot of issues for long term users

Commentaires : Since spending 5+ years with Blackboard and Collaborate, we have since switched to Canvas. I am not seeing any issues here, albeit it has only been a year and counting since the switch. I have not had any error messages, and I've conducted live chats and webinars with students without issues. Crossing my fingers that it is the program we've been waiting for and it will keep performing for many years!

Collaborate is easy to set up initially, and it allows online collaboration - hence the title - between students and both their peers in the virtual classroom and their professor.

For short-term use, the program excels. For long-term users, there are too many bugs in the program for it to be viable for higher education use. We expect our students to be tech savvy, and it is embarrassing when our software does not hold up to this same standard. I frequently got "unavailable" or "error: contact your program administrator" messages, costing me valuable time with my students. There were also times when the whiteboard would freeze, and I'd have to reboot my entire computer while my students waited.

Ariella
software Engineer (Irlande)
Logiciels, 1 001–5 000 employés

Blackboard Collaborate for online learning

Commentaires : Blackboard was my first online learning experience and it was a good one. The course I followed was a twice weekly live event with lectures in a virtual course room, and the rest of the week material was uploaded for us to study in the module section, this could be more lectures via uploaded videos or uploaded reading material.

The way our Blackboard Collaborate was set up meant that the layout was well organised and it was very clear how to navigate all the different menus. It did help that I only had 2 courses per trimester, but still the layout is very good. Module content was easy to find. I liked how you could leave questions in the discussion group and either the lecturer or other students would answer and it felt like you were not completely studying on your own. I think the way the class tests were set up is very good, also the questions are randomly allocated to every student to try and prevent cheating, which I think is a very clever thing to do.

The uploading of documents was not always straightforward and sometimes I wouldn't be sure if the work was submitted. Joining a course room to join a live lecture would not always work. Also I tried joining a course room on my phone a few times, but not very successful, audio would be there, but the visual (slides usually) could not be seen.

Logiciels, 10 000+ employés

Blackboard Collaborate Review

Commentaires : Overall, I think Blackboard Collaborate is a very easy program to learn and use. It has it's kinks but it gets the job done at the end of the day and has so many features available with it.

Blackboard is so easy to use in comparison to other whiteboard applications I have used throughout my work career. It has a slew of features to it including video and voice chats, typing chats, whiteboards with multiple different tools available to use with it, file sharing, and weblink sharing among many other features.

The biggest and most frequent issue I have run into with the Blackboard program would be the freezing. At least two or three time's a day the program would freeze and you'd have to exit and reload the Blackboard room in order to continue using the program. Sometimes the sound would cut out or the video would be grainy and sometimes attachments and files would not send through on the first go around and you'd have to resend them.

tiffani
tiffani
Tutor/Adjunct Faculty (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201–500 employés

Student review of Blackboard

I used this platform while in college. All of our classes were accessible in one place and we had access to teachers/classmates at all times. Could ask questions and get immediate responses. Could submit papers/assignments so you never had to worry about your dog eating it (😁). Calendar kept you organized on due dates and class material. Grades on classwork/tests were easily accessible at all times.

From a student perspective it was a great program. There were only a couple of things that I found difficult but I think it had more to do with the teacher who set up the class on Blackboard. Some material was hard to find. Too many options to put assignments. They should all go in one place. Didn't like the fact that I had to open up 5 folders to find reading assignment or questions to be answered. Discussion board could get overwhelming and looked very disorganized

Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur

It's alright, but could be better

Commentaires : Compared to Google Classroom it has some advantages, but also lacks in many areas. I wish the app was more reliable and didn't fail at loading many assignments. You get used to the interface, but it could be a lot simpler and I wish the designers would look to Google Classroom as a model.

Blackboard has the ability to include many different types of media like powerpoints, spreadsheets, pdfs, and work documents all in one place

The interface is very outdated and could use a redesign. There is a lot of unnecessary links and pages that you need to go through in order to access something as simple as homework. I also wish the login page was easier and actually didn't require me to log in every time.

Kheirallah
student (É.-U.)
E-learning, Auto-entrepreneur

Interconnected and Efficient

Commentaires : This educational software has allowed me to easily access all my courses while having all the tools necessary to carry on my education. This software has made the lives of instructors and scholars easier and I recommend more facilities other than colleges and Universities to use it more often.

This learning software has been such a blast to work with throughout being in university. Even before the Pandemic occurred Blackboard Collaborate was a platform where all work can be completed and submitted while having the tools necessary to succeed.

There is a learning curve that all users of this software must overcome to understand how to use this software. For instance, there are specific tabs each instructor or student must be familiar with to navigate to their desired destination. However, there aren't many negatives because it does not take long to understand how to work around the software.

Sal
Academic Advisor (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 10 000+ employés

A Full-Featured Digital Classroom Software

Commentaires : I have found Blackboard Collaborate to be a full-featured program that covers the majority of my needs for the online classroom environment. From monitoring the room, to screen-sharing, to voice chat and video, to uploading recordings, Collaborate shines.

I have found Collaborate to be very intuitive to use, all the more important in a fast-paced, online classroom setting. It is easy to modify student permissions and roles in the event things get of-track, and it is easy to review chat messages as well as ensure recordings saved, uploaded, and distributed. It is also easy for me to monitor classroom attendance at a glance and separate students into smaller breakout sessions.

I would like some sort of centralized view of the breakout sessions. As one classroom leader, it is difficult to monitor all chats at once, as I found some students would get off-track and it took me a few moments to visit each separate room. It is possible I missed some sort of easy-switch feature that would allow me to do this. Overall, my experience has been very good.

E-learning, 1 001–5 000 employés

Great teaching/training tool, but lacking on data and accessibility

Commentaires : BBC has some nice tools and features, but in order for this to have real value additional features and improvements are needed.

I like the BBC teaching tools and features (drawing tools, image captures, breakout rooms, etc.). This is a great tool for the classroom setting and virtual training events. I also like the teleconference bridge feature.

There are many frequent technical issues, often making it impossible to access. Audio can be tricky at times as well. It's not great for use as a marketing tool, especially due to the fact that it requires downloads to access. The other major issue is the lack of attendee data or ability to easily capture or store participant engagement data.

Asaf
Senior Software Engineer (Azerbaïdjan)
Logiciels, 51–200 employés

Great software for Higher Education

5,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : All in all, Blackboard Collaborate is a great software for managing education materials.

I can easily log into my account and see all courses that I got. Also, nice interface make this software special because I use it daily. I can download or upload materials without any problems.

I am actually using it in education purpose only and I have not faced with any problems yet.

Marie
Marie
Entrepreneur (Jamaïque)
Cosmétiques, Auto-entrepreneur

Powerful tool for online meetings!

Blackboard Collaborate is a powerful tool for video and teleconferencing and information sharing. I like the ease with which information can be shared. The platform have a host of interactive features such as real time polls, group and private chats and break out groups. Participants can also be elevated to presenters at any time with a click of a button where they can share screen and other applications. The platform is also available as a mobile application for on the go access.

Mobile application have limited capability.