Best Credit Card processing software we have used!

Publié le 23/03/2018
Mandy E.
Support client

Avantages: I like that they have multiple options of how you can process credit cards. They met the needs of both of our businesses. The online portal makes its easy to access my account, run a manual credit card, void, refund or check on my account. I can add my managers to access the account, and only allow them certain access. If they were to leave, it is just a click of a button to remove them. No more worrying about changing logins and passwords! We have had cardconnect for about a year now, and we have been very happy with it.

Inconvénients: We have not had any issues with credit card processing since we have started using it. The only issue I have ever had with the company was when we had a change of business and I needed to transfer the account, I had a little trouble getting in contact with someone to help me have it go quickly because I was in a time crunch. However, when I did get connected to the right person, she was very helpful and even would email me after hours to answer my questions/concerns.

CardConnect Review

Publié le 08/10/2018
Julius N.
Accounting & Business Office Coordinator
Psychologie, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: At the Chicago Psychoanalytic Institute, we've had to implement a new educational management software and as a result, we needed to register for a merchant account that was applicable to the new software. After further review of the potential merchant accounts, CardConnect was a winner. It acted as gateway to Authorize.Net that provided the best CC processing/transaction fees compared to the other merchants and offers a number of services that benefits the Institute. Overall, the best feature about this software is their customer service from all sides. We were given incredible support through the whole process from the application to going live. The response time was amazing and made it their priority to resolve any issues that you may have as soon as possible.

Inconvénients: The only con that I had experienced thus far is that transactions processed online, through our management software, the funding details of the transaction is quite limited when reviewing it on their website; thus, making it quite difficult to record the payment in Quickbooks since the payment needs to be recorded by Customer.

Scammers, beware of deceptive pricing

Publié le 10/08/2019
Farhan Z.
Managing Member
Télécommunications, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: They are scammers. The representative is definitely scam. Avoid the company as a whole. I was looking for merchant services in 11/2018 and signed up with this company. In negotiations I made sure that I will not be charged the Early termination fee and representative agreed to it and confirmed in email. They left the space of ETF in actual contract blank and when I questioned, she stated that she has made it $0 and that is why it doesn't show anything in that space. Fair enough, 7-9 months later, customers don't want to switch payments from PayPal to a different company. So I have no option but to cancel the plan which I emailed her to cancel without ETF as we agreed. She processed the cancellation, next statement I received the charge of $750 Early Cancellation fee. I called CSR out of panic, I didn't realize initially that she was in West Coast, so I called an early hour, as soon as I realized I hung up and called after 9 am PST. I called her twice and left her a voice message to please return the call.

Avantages: Tech support was flexible and they were more than willing to work and resolve the issues.

Inconvénients: We had to ask them for every feature to be activated through and was not user friendly. We couldn't do things ourselves

Helpful Software

Publié le 07/03/2019
Bethany D.
psychotherapist
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I would really have a hard time keeping track of my revenue if it wasn't for CardConnect.

Avantages: I like how easy it is to use CardConnect. I love how it explains my revenue, fees, etc. It really helps me stay organized in my small business.

Inconvénients: I don't love the actual website that I have to go to in order to get my CardConnect information. It is very confusing and not very user-friendly (This might not be a issue on CardConnects end.)

Know Your Limits, and Beware the Holidays

Publié le 05/03/2019
Leslie M.
Innkeeper
Hôtellerie, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We found this giant processor to be unresponsive and poorly staffed for the responsibility that they have to small businesses and consumers. To hold assets, without notice, and not have adequate staffing during one of the busiest weeks of the year is irresponsible and detrimental to small and medium sized businesses. We ended up with our biggest week of the year not reflected in our 2018 income, and had several late charges on our account because CardConnect froze more than $7500 in sales until the first business day of 2019. The fact that the risk agent who flagged our account never notified us, and was then out of the office for a 4 day weekend without handing our case off to another agent, is simply reckless.

Avantages: Was made available as a low cost (2.5%) processor with our online reservation system, and at first seemed well organized. The sales and on boarding team were responsive, got us enrolled in 2 days, and we were pleased with the overall format of the site for viewing transactions.

Inconvénients: Then the trouble started. Our very first transaction exceeded what the on-boarding team set as our high limit (it was a holiday sale, the equivalent of our weekly sales in a high month), and first data froze our account. To be clear, they let us keep processing transactions, and they took the money, but they would not release it to our account. Because this was during the final week of the year, and a holiday week, it took more than 20 phone calls, excessive email documentation (2 years of bank statements?), and a full week for the funds to release.

A solid credit card processor!

Publié le 09/10/2018
Technical Support Specialist
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: There is minimal downtime if any at all, their HPP system is super easy and convenient for customers and subscription billing is a must have for constant month to month revenue.

Avantages: Customer support is always helpful and quick to respond, in regards to the software subscription billing is awesome!

Inconvénients: Sometimes issues can take a bit to work out but that is not too often.

Merchant Services With Great Support

Publié le 14/12/2018
IT Analyst
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Its entirely web based so there is not much to do on our end other than making sure we can use the internet. It's secure and the support is fantastic, they are very helpful and quick to get a solution.

Inconvénients: Occassionally there will be issues where reciepts cannot be printed, and that requires our users to log in again or refresh the page. We still have no real answer as to why, and cardconnect is also not able to answer. it but it does work after the second or third try.

This is the go to company for your credit card processing needs!

Publié le 12/07/2018
Nuha H.
Business Owner
Support client

Avantages: The offers give by Cardconnect are unmatched by all other companies, and actually unheard of! The software and actual equipment is so easy to use, well made, and arrived so quickly just like I needed. Also the customer support from all sides (owner, service rep, tech support, etc) was unbelievable. They're all quite knowledgable and make sure to answer any questions or concerns you may have. I absolutely love the Cardpointe program and the added bonus is the tokenizing of my patients' information for extra security, that's genius!

Inconvénients: I have not had any cons with this company thus far. They've made being a new business owner who has never dealt with credit card processing before, beyond easy and comforting. I strongly recommend this company over all others! Only con is that I wish they were integrated with my documentation software however that's not really their con, it's the other company's.

Recent updated version is way better than it use to be!

Publié le 07/03/2018
Jenny D.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This software is very easy to use for reoccurring payments at our chiropractic practice. It is so user friendly that you can practically teach yourself!

Inconvénients: Customer service hasn't always been the greatest at being able to troubleshoot when I've had issues.

Card connect has been my credit card processing company for two and a half years. Very reputable.

Publié le 14/02/2018
Lynn F.
Support client

Avantages: No annual fees. My former company was awful. So card connect is a huge improvement. Their customer service
Is really great.

Inconvénients: I wish funds would present faster than 2 days. Would be nicer to get payouts sooner, but really can't complain.

Great integration with medical spa software

Publié le 14/01/2019
Spa Manager
Cosmétiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Used card connect on a daily bases for hundereds of card transactions. Integration to our medical spas software made it an etrememly reliable and effective software. Their customer service was also exceptional.

Avantages: Card connect was a very simple and straightforward terminal to use that connected efficiantly with our spas software.

Inconvénients: Several times our server would go down and we would have to enter card manually.

Reliable software

Publié le 31/07/2019
Spa Manager
Cosmétiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I used card connect in my job to set up recurring payment plans as well as process one time payments daily.

Avantages: The features and functionality of this software were very user-friendly. The software had all the main functions that you will need to process recurring payments and one time fees as well.

Inconvénients: A few issues with customer support taking a while to get back to me.

Overall Positive

Publié le 14/05/2019
Kennel Manager
Hôtellerie, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall I think it's a great product. I'd like to see them up their customer service and follow through with their open tickets. CardConnect has helped me with financial reports and running the business.

Avantages: I love the ability to send and check weekly reports and the ease of seeing live up to date accounts. Returns/refunds are a breeze. I use this software in conjunction with GingR and it has been much easier than our previous card company.

Inconvénients: PCI compliance was difficult and the customer service to help me achieve compliance did not come easy. I feel like I was emailing/calling for two weeks straight in order to get my scan done.

Card Connect

Publié le 20/08/2018
Project Management
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I really like that the software is really easy to use and there's no learning curve.

Inconvénients: What I least like about this software are some features that it's lacking in. I hope it allows you to charge a transaction that was declined with a click of a button instead of retyping all the information again. I also wish they allow you to edit a billing plan name.

avoid at all cost

Publié le 11/01/2019
Elizabeth P.
Construction, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: it has been horrible since December 2018 since card connect has taken over with blue pay.

Avantages: the only redeeming quality is that they integrate with service autopilot.

Inconvénients: this has been a nightmare since card connect took over blue pay. whatever is going on at card connect needs to be fixed or they will lose clients.

Hard to Implement with Magento 2

Publié le 05/08/2019
Rachel D.
Produits chimiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We chose this virtual terminal for use on our Magento 2 site and as a virtual terminal for credit card transactions. Overall easy to use once it was installed and up and running.

Inconvénients: While they offered a Magento 2 option, there were many struggles getting it up and running to use on our site.

easy to use, clean site appearance

Publié le 01/03/2018
Kristi G.
CFO
Support client

Avantages: I liked that it showed batch totals for the most recent dates. Reports are helpful and easy to access.

Inconvénients: I had issues with pricing and customer service (which I understand is thru a merchant rep, not directly an issue with the website).

New user

Publié le 27/04/2019
Selena L.
Practitioner
Psychologie, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Easy to setup. No hidden fees. Low cost and no equipment needed. Fast turn around time and reporting. Great customer service.

Inconvénients: No cons. It is exactly as they advertise.

If you are a very small business run as fast as you can

Publié le 13/11/2018
Dina G.
Owner/operator
Santé, bien-être et fitness, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My previous merchant processor was purchased by card connect. After the merger, they started charging me for fees every month and annually that I was never charged before. Fees that weren't part of my original contract. When I asked them how they could charge me for fees I didn't agree to they said that if I didn't want to be charged to cancel my account. Totally crazy and unfair.

Avantages: nothing. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!