Avis clients sur Rain POS

En savoir plus sur Rain POS

Saisissez les informations une seule fois et vos points de vente, sites web et sites mobiles se mettront à jour en temps réel. Dossiers, produits et service client illimités.

En savoir plus sur Rain POS

Lack of integration with shipping companies. Cumbersome uploads to QuickBooks.

Rain POS - Notes

4,0

Rain POS a reçu une note globale de 4,3 étoiles sur 5 d'après 123 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Rain POS ?

Stanley
Stanley
System Administration (Kenya)
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés

Best Cloud Based POS System

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : Items category for rental product is a nice addition for POS that is all inclusive with an intuitive dashboard, mobile app and easy integration.

Easy way to add products to both POS and eCommerce simultaneously is one of the best way to both.

The cost of Rain POS is a bit steep for many local businesses and lack huge community base for support.

Tee
Art/artisanat, 2-10 employés

Great System for Small Business

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : By going to a cloud based system I am able to keep inventory updated when I am at a trade show or selling product online. The integration with Notions Marketing is a time savor. I no longer have to manually add price, description or photos. Everyone comes over when I place my order with Notions. The ability to download data to excel, make changes then upload it back to Rain is simple and makes mass updates seamless.

As a small business it is difficult to manage technology without an IT Department. I wanted to take my business online and struggled to find a solution that was affordable, easy to use and had good customer support. RAIN not only met my goals but exceeded them. Their customer support is what sets them ahead of their competition.

There are a couple of features I wish they would improve on. The most important to me are Customer Rewards. It doesn't allow online orders to use their rewards and the accrued reward is a dollar amount they can spend when I need it to be a % off.

Holly
owner/operator (É.-U.)

Disappointed

Commentaires : It was a rough year and a half trying to operate a business with that many mistakes from their side.

I liked that the website and the inventory were combined. That people could see in real time what we had in stock and purchase online. That was nice and was one of the main features of why we went with Rain originally.

We spent a lot of time and money on Rain POS. It was the first online computer software company we ever used for point of sale. I spent an entire year in 2017 logging our entire inventory, coming up with pricing and pictures and history on every item. We went live in 2018 and by April 2019 we were done with the contract side and we closed out the point of sale side by the end of that year. Their inconsistences within the contract module were too high. And every time we called in to tech support, all they could tell us what that there was a "glitch" in the system and they couldn't fix it within a timely manner. I really felt like I was losing the trust of my customers because of Rain's mistakes.

Réponse de l'équipe de Rain Retail Software

il y a 2 ans

Holly, thank you for taking time to share your experience with our POS software. Here at Rain, our main objective is helping small businesses like yours succeed, so the fact that you found us to be detrimental to your store is disheartening. We've been busy in the 12 months since you cancelled and have greatly improved our rent-to-own module. If you like, please contact us to see those enhancements.

Claudia
Owner (Canada)

Love Rain POS

Commentaires : They have been fantastic. From set up until current use, they have always been available to help, and have great resources built into their software to help out with simpler things.

Rain POS has allowed us to integrate our eCommerce and in store retail in a way that no other company has been able to do. It has been so easy to learn how to use it, and it is very in depth. It is easy for me to change things on the website, and if there is something I can't do, their customer service team is always quick to help.

Some features need to be changed buy the software team, I can't change them myself.

Travis

Alternatives envisagées :

Excellent for Music Stores!

Commentaires : Overall we have been extremely pleased with our choice to switch to Rain in 2018 for our point of sale and website. The product is incredibly user friendly, can be used on any device (not tied to a license on one desktop machine like other systems) and support is great. One area other shops have asked us about is QuickBooks exports. We don't use that much, but other stores seem to be very reliant on those exports, which they say are lacking in Rain. Again, not a direct complaint from me, but one that I hear about on industry forums & from direct messages. We were a somewhat early adapter of Rain in our industry and are relatively connected in our industry & repair organization, so we seem to field a lot of inquiries about the program. We have recommended the product to quite a few other shops and want to make sure that it fits their accounting needs as well.

We've had a great experience thus far using the Rain point of sale program. The initial training was extremely in depth and helped us grasp all of the features before implementation. We love the product integration with Reverb.com and the fact that our inventory remains cohesive across online and in-store platforms. Online & phone support is quick & helpful. Rain has also been very helpful designing and updating our website, which is tied into the point of sale. They are constantly improving, updating and listening to customer suggestions to make their product even better.

One feature that is extremely helpful in our industry (music store) but missing from Rain, is a Maintenance Agreement/Service Contract module. We were disappointed it was not available when we switched to Rain, since we used that feature daily with AIMsi. We have found some halfway workarounds in Rain, but would like a more robust integrated module. Ideal features would be: MA identifier on serialized instruments in Work Orders module, ability to auto-send renewal emails to customers when their annual MA is expiring, MA batch operations for large inventories of instruments (many of the schools we service have 200-400 instruments that we maintain on MA's annually).

Roger
President (É.-U.)

Switched to Rain from Lightspeed

Commentaires : Overall pleased with RAIN and glad we made the switch. A bit more thought into easier workflow within the Register, Special Order and LayAway screens and it will be a force to reckon with. I was hoping for an easier eCom experience, but that is not what I received. Much like other POS Systems that offer an integrated eCom Site...building out the site and making it look the way we want doesn't follow the basic HTML buildout process. As a web developer for over 20 years...I find the eCom platform to be VERY challenging to use and often times VERY discouraging. I can see they worked hard to have the functionality be similar to other CMS Website Platforms (Wix, WordPress, etc), but it's too confusing to navigate effectively taking up valuable time.

Integrated Marketing Automatic "pushing" of items to our Reverb.com Account Lightweight on system resources on our iMac's

Special Order Workflow is clunky and needs to be simplified. We've resorted to using the "Quote" option to better manage Special Orders and ring in total sales under a "Gift Card" first. That way when working with multiple vendors on a special order, we have easier use of customer funds when "finalizing" the deal. Register is Average and would prefer ability to see cost of products on screen. In Register - when scanning duplicate items they get entered as "new" line item versus adding to the SKU already input. Can't us an IR Gun on an iPad when scanning incoming inventory or during inventory counts. Layaway Screen has some great features, but workflow is a bit convoluted. Website build out is horribly confusing and NOTHING follows traditional HTML processes. This was the same problem with Lightspeed's eCom platform - hard to work with and no sense of workflow.

Sam
Tech Manager and Chief Quilter (Canada)
Art/artisanat, 2-10 employés

Like Sew POS Review

Commentaires : Overall we are happy with Rain/Like Sew. It gives us an easy to manage Web front end for our store that behind the scenes in completely integrated with our Brick & Mortar operation. Improvements are still needed in many areas - the system is a work in progress regularly rolling our new and improved functionality.

We bought it for the seamless integration of Web and Brick & Mortar inventory management, sales and ease of use. It works very well for this purpose.

It is ultimately POS and Inventory Management software with little Accounting functionality. Daily exports to QuickBooks or other software are required, with additional entries in the accounting s/w to accommodate accounting best practices, Taxes on Receiving orders, billing and other financial tasks not accommodated in Like Sew. There are still some issues with Sales, Shipping and Taxes in Canada, and there is no ability to set up multiple price levels internally

Molly
Textile, Auto-entrepreneur

Rain/LikeSew vs GoDaddy

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I am glad I took the plunge, put in the work, with the help of friends, and moved the shop over to Rain/LikeSew this past summer. It was worth the hard work and effort. I can now offer my customers specials and appreciation programs, keep up with inventory and manage files more efficiently.

LikeSew is more precise at managing my inventory and handling the day-to-day business of running my fabric store than GoDaddy ever was. I now know exactly how much inventory I have on hand and it's value and what categories it falls into.

There could be some improvements in the email marketing program and the inventory receipt areas.

Bonita

Alternatives envisagées :

Best software for quilting shops.

Commentaires : Positive all the way. Solutions are always there when we come up with something new or unique to sell. It really helps guide the way I do business.

Rain Pos is dependable, well priced with instantaneous software help. The company LISTENS to their clients, I can't emphasize this enough. My POS is with me everywhere, at the doctor, on vacation, in bed at night.

I would like an end of day report on products loaded into the system.

Nick
Automobile, 11-50 employés

Great POS, Horrible customer service support.

4,0 il y a 10 mois

Easy to use and has great functionality. Could have a little bit more functionality than it has to make it great. However they need more people to fix bugs and enact on others suggestions to develop the product further. Customer Support is a joke!

Customer Support is a joke! I contacted support about a glitch. I told them to call me because I broke my wrist and easier to explain than typing it out. They refused to call me as if their time was more valuable in R&D than fixing bugs. I cant type with a broken wrist. All this is one fingered.

Reeze
CEO/Designer (É.-U.)
Art/artisanat, Auto-entrepreneur

Like-Sew websites have helped me build my online presence and streamline my business.

Commentaires : It was easy to use

It is easy to use and update, so I can create and modify my own products, and add products from the integrated industry catalogs. It provides me with useful information about my customers and sales transactions, data which really helps me keep and attract new customers. I especially like the batch product update feature so I can change a group of products at a time without having to individually update each product record. I have had good customer service, especially when there was a problem with the software. I have seen my sales grow and my professional online image enhanced. The cost is reasonable for my business so far. The video training is great and absolutely necessary to understand how to use the software efficiently. I also attended training at Fall Quilt Market which was excellent and highly informative.

I am disappointed that I am unable to integrate my email marketing with the website. In my opinion, The Marketing package is not as useful to online-only stores as it is to POS customers. The newsletter module is clunky and hard to work with. The email feature is useful, but since my email list is on a different service and not integrated, it is not as useful as it could be. It took awhile for my site to get up and running well, and to work out all the bugs. I had to be persistent in following up to get problems fixed and clear in my communication to be sure they understood what I was asking for.

Jeremy
Owner, COO (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

The POS system that I was looking for.

Commentaires : I'm the owner of the NAMM 2015 & 2016 Top 100 Dealer, The Acoustic Shoppe in Springfield, MO. We tried the "big guy" of our industry, and found it to be outdated and not user friendly. After a year of attempting to get it up and running, we started looking for an alternative when we ran across RAIN POS. It feels like navigating a website through your browser so it was easy to learn. Within a little over one month we had our website built, products in our system, and were live with running transactions. I love that everything in in the cloud, so I can run sales in my parking lot, at festivals, trade shows, etc., or just access reports anywhere from my phone. Putting items on our website is just a button clicked, and inventory is shared online and locally so if I sell online, it's taken out of stock in my local system, and vise versa. So far customer support has been great to work with. We have run across a few minor bugs in the day to day use, but they are pretty quick at getting it straightened out. I'm sure it doesn't have all the depth of that other system, but I'm able to use it and they are adding features very quickly. We don't do rentals right now, so I can't say how well that part works. We do a lot of repairs, some sent off site, and the work order module works great for keeping up to date with the repair status. We're waiting on the Lessons module that we here is in the works, and a better way to handle consignments and trades. So far we are very happy with RAIN POS and our interactions with customer support. I highly recommend.

Ease of use, and integration with our e-commerce site.

There are a few features that I'm waiting on that will tailor the system more for the music industry.

Miles
manager (É.-U.)
Source : SoftwareAdvice

The future of how small businesses survive

Commentaires : Using this system allows you to provide a customer experience on par with, or even better than, what is expected from a successful business in the 21st.

Feature laden! and they are still developing more music store specific features! One customer data base, one inventory database. Integrated POS system, integrated Wed Store, integrated repairs system. Then add on: integrated short term rentals, rent to own with auto pay, layaway, email marketing abilities, gift card ability, coupon ability, push products to Reverb ability, create and save quotes under a customer name, track store account balances and apply to transactions, purchasing lists by vendor populated with qty triggered items and with and easy receiving and item costs updating. Outstandingly responsive customer service!

Still waiting on the private lesson feature =( But it is in development and it sounds like it will be finished Spring of 2018. Would be great to see invoicing against a quote so I could do school business with schools requiring a PO number on an invoice for payment.

Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

Does what I need and more.

Commentaires : Our experience has been excellent. We were up and running the day we opened the doors. This is our first and only experience with POS but I cannot imagine needing anything more. The cloud based system lets me access information from anywhere I have WiFi access. No fear of losing our system due to damage or theft of equipment. Overall I find it very affordable and could not imagine being without Rain POS now.

The support we received from the rain team in getting started with a POS system. None of my team had any experience with POS and they made the transition easy. We still don’t use all the features available but are adding them to our system gradually. The customer support system is fantastic. The reports available on the system save hundreds of man hours and help us see how our business is doing. The inventory system is a huge help.

Integration with some Consumer Finance companies would be valuable to retail users. A “Dummy” website that could be used for training new employees would be a big help.

Réponse de l'équipe de Rain Retail Software

il y a 2 ans

Michael, Thank you for your feedback, this is very helpful for us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we can improve so that we can continue to look into additional options.

Valerie

Great Software and Support

5,0 il y a 12 mois

Commentaires : Ecommerce is great! Great Support!

The Software is so easy to use and if you need help the support team is always willing to help.

I would like the software to integrate with Facebook and Instagram.

Pam

Excellent value for Service

Commentaires : Overall, my experience has been quite positive. In fact I have recommended them to other local business owners. The serves has enhanced my business. My clients give rave reviews on my website!

The platform Rain provides is user friendly for a Non-tech person as myself. It was fairly straight forward to populate and personalize my website to fit the needs of my business and clients. Customer service has always been responsive and helpful to resolve any difficulties promptly. The value for the cost is excellent.

Least favorite is the recent difficulties sending a newsletter. My longtime email address was now blocked from sending. I had to purchase a business email and the integration was rather difficult. Without the help of my husband a professional IT person, I could not have completed the changes myself.

Mark

Great user friendly POS

Commentaires : We had a nightmare with our old POS system and had to pretty much start all over with Rain. We are a local business but with tons of inventory. Over 5000 different piece of merchandise. So we were not looking forward to adding all those items again. But Rains interface makes it very easy, anyone can do it. The interface is laid out very simply and everything is right there without having to scroll through pages and pages to find an option you want. Features like repairs and rentals are also a big plus. Really the only negative thing I can say is the since it's cloud based you better have good internet or you will lose your register if you lose internet. But that's not Rains fault. Just make sure you have a reliable internet connection or a backup 4G method since you can run the POS from any phone or tablet. We have had the software for a little less than a year and although we are still adding products from our previous software crash with another company, we are enjoying the new fresh look and feature packed software provided by Rain.

Tons of features and easy to use.

To print a receipt there are too many steps. Wish it was easier or less time consuming.

Karen
Manager (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, Auto-entrepreneur

Top notch POS

Commentaires : Great experience... still fixing a few glitches and learning is on going. We are not big IT people, but the ease of this software and the team behind us works great!

Alot. The automated email blasts, the conference on hand, one on one meeting. I like the ease of running this software and the service and people behind the scenes. I like the look and help we receive on our website. When we have a glitch or problem, customer support is inside our website making the corrections. Great team to work with! Especially, Ty... stays on top of any ossues that come up.

Our training was not easy and our contact person was not really knowledgeable on many facets of the software or how it would work. Big learning curve for us.

Peter

Seamless Migration from Older POS System

We went with RAIN for a number of reasons. Integration with our website, and in turn, Reverb.com was very important to us. We also liked RAIN's ability to migrate from our antiquated POS so that we had a relatively easy transition. Lastly, being a cloud based system allows our entire staff to work on the system from anywhere.

At first (about 12 months ago) RAIN was a bit clunky. Navigating was slow, they didn't allow enough pictures for our website, and the search function was not always effective. Also the Reverb integration had growing pains. The thing about RAIN is that they are constantly improving and correcting issues based on their customer's (ours) feedback. At this point the Reverb integration and search functions work perfectly and they now allow unlimited pics on each listing.

Rosanne
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

We are very pleased with the software and support!

Commentaires : Good!

Easy to learn, install, and use. Reports are easy to understand. Customer support when you call in is EXCELLENT

There are some things inherent in our business that it does not accommodate AND they have not updated. We've asked for some additional options and they've not happened.

Dagmar

Rain POS / Like Sew Website Review

Commentaires : I really benefit from the synced inventory. Overall, my experience with the POS and customer service has been positive.

It manages the inventory in real time between store and online purchases. Now that I have learned how to manage the website, it is easy to frequently change the home page, add new inventory and create promotions. The inventory catalog is a major time saver.

There are some surprising disconnects: although a customer is set up with 10% discount, the discount will only apply automatically when purchasing in the store. Somehow the store customer and the (same) web customer are not connected. Lack of integration with shipping companies. Cumbersome uploads to QuickBooks.

Susanne

Feedback

5,0 il y a 12 mois

I don't have experience with other software so I can't compare and contrast. The product works as intended. What I like most is the customer service.

The Quickbooks integration is a sore spot for me. I know it is not your core product...just a value add but doesn't make sense to offer if it doesn't work. Initially there were just a few kinks. I understood what they were and worked through them. Now, the sales do not integrate and you have been trying to fix it for over a month. I had to pay someone to help me with Quickbooks and it took longer/cost more because of the way RAIN set up the integration.

Sales Manager (É.-U.)

A lifesaver during COVID-19

Commentaires : Relatively easy to implement and the support staff helped with all the snags along the way.

Rain and the integration with Reverb was the number one factor in our ability to stay in business in 2020 and going forward.

Some updates can be slow to roll out and these can be on critical issues.

Jana
shop owner (É.-U.)
Source : SoftwareAdvice

expanding, they listen to ideas and constantly make improvements

its comprehensive. online inventory and instore inventory combined...awesome. very intuitive, very good tutorials and help functions.

none, I like the constant improvements. the only issue is the system randomly converts the default printer between the receipt printer and the label printer.

Paige
Owner (Canada)

Rain POS for Retail Quilt Store

Commentaires : Overall, the experience has been very good. Implementation was easy and the support was excellent.

Most features in this software are easy to use. I liked how easy the system was to set-up.

There do seem to be some 'bugs' with inventory levels as from time to time there are errors.