Avis clients sur Deltek Vision

En savoir plus sur Deltek Vision

Solution basée sur des projets pour les entreprises de services professionnels, qui combine la comptabilité projet, la gestion des ressources, la gestion de projet, la gestion du temps et des notes de frais et la gestion des clients.

En savoir plus sur Deltek Vision

Tons of features, very robust system. Lots of customization possible.

I frequent users find it complex and difficult to use.

Deltek Vision - Notes

3,6
4,0
4,0
3,7

Deltek Vision a reçu une note globale de 4,1 étoiles sur 5 d'après 468 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Deltek Vision ?

Nereida
Nereida
ANALISTA CONTABLE (Venezuela)

Important business data in real time.

Commentaires : I am using Deltek Vision to identify problems affecting the performance of our company and hinder the successful implementation of some projects. I am also taking advantage of useful features to improve performance and complete projects successfully.

What I like about Deltek Vision modules are purchasing and asset management because they allow me to track purchase orders and fixed assets; It helps me to get new business, improve performance and optimize the operations of our company.

For some people within the company's user interface it is not always so friendly and does not have much ability to change the screen size. In addition, it may not be ideal for companies that only require specific modules, since all the modules are included in the software.

Elizabeth
architect (É.-U.)
Urbanisme et architecture, 2-10 employés

Adequate, reliable. Not as user friendly as others

Commentaires : When using Vision, it was very adequate. However, now that I use Monograph, I see how much more capability Monograph has and how user friendly it is.

It does its job. It's reliable. It has functionality especially for management and accounting departments. Overall, it's a solid program with proven results and a user base that reinforces trust.

It's a bulky program compared to the web based program I use now. It wasn't compatible with some browsers so I had IE just for timesheets. User interface wasn't the most intuitive and customer service wasn't built in. Therefore I had to ask my accounting manager for her to contact customer service with questions.

Kevin
Finance Director (É.-U.)
Génie civil, 51-200 employés

Comprehensive software solution, but plan on building your processes around it

Commentaires : I've been the Vision champion in our organization since 2008 when we began to use it. Vision has been steadily improving over the past 10 years and also been getting left behind in innovation. Over our time with Vision we've evaluated other software at a few points and have not found a single solution that can provide a similar integrated experienced. The power of Vision and the reporting is built on Microsoft's SQL engine, but it does require users to be invested in learning it's use to get the most out of it. Without proper time devotion, training, and some trial and error it does leave users frustrated. Along with the power of the product comes a lot of over-complication and reported amounts that often aren't as expected or isn't fully explained or clear on where the data is coming from and what it means. This is probably the primary problem with Vision in my eyes - data labeled in one area of the program isn't the same as data reported under the same or very similar label in another part of the program. The end user experiences and ease of use is greatly lacking, but should be vastly improved as Vision is (finally) becoming modern and migrating from a .NET platform to a HTML/web-based platform. This upgrade shows promise of having better end user use and intuitiveness. We are hopeful that Vision will continue to be a tool for our company for many more years.

Powerful reporting and a mostly, all-in-one solution for managing our firm and projects

Usability. The lack of a user to be able to sit down with the product and pull the data they want without significant training. Data reported is calculated differently in part of the software - revenue in one area is actual billed amount while revenue in another is hours worked times billing rates.

Tiyana
Vice President - HR (É.-U.)
Services environnementaux, 11-50 employés

Vision to Vantagepoint

Commentaires : We were using Excel for timesheets so having time and expense in one place and tying into our business process is wonderful. We also have the ability to get nice reports.

The software helps streamline some of our processes.

Not easy to navigate through CRM but here to learn.

Jun
Accounting Manager (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Effective but not efficient

It's a good tool to keep track of work-in-progress and everyday accounting transactions.

It's not so user friendly and not so efficient and expensive tool for the same things that can be done with Sage software.

Ifeoma
Ifeoma
Developer (Nigeria)
, 1 001-5 000 employés

Deltek makes us better manage project budget.

Deltek is easy to use ,thanks to the intuitiveness of its user interface. In time past we overly expended on projects to the extent that we crossed project budgets ,and thereby missed key project milestones. Since switching to Deltek over a year ago ,we have been able to better follow through with project budgets without overspending. Obviously having project planning, business development and Accounting together into one platform was very much helpful. We have been able to customize the Deltek Workflow to fit into the personal needs of my team ,thereby making much more effective.

From experience so far , Delteck Vision expense reporting is flawed in the area of mobility , receipt uploads ,and ease of customization.

Jagruti
manager (Canada)
Construction, 11-50 employés

Deltek Vision REview

4,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : i like working with Vision, once you get use to it it is very user freindly

i found it easy to use. even though this software was way too complex for our company . i found if you use it to the max ,its a great product

help desk is quite complex. and having a third party for training became quite costly

Adam
President (É.-U.)

Deltek - Vision

4,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : The biggest impact we have seen is the compressed time is takes to get invoicing out. With the time entry happening on a daily basis into Vision, we can generate invoicing in half the time.

What we have found most useful in Vision is Time Entry to specific projects and the resulting monthend billing. It is a seamless process.

The project Management module is geared towards bigger projects than we work on. Would be nice to see a scaled back version for a firm of our size.

Daisy
Daisy
Research & Sales Manager (Venezuela)
, 11-50 employés

I manage projects very easy

Commentaires : Great!

It is a very good platform that allows us to keep up with our projects without any problem. I think the reports that this facilitates are very efficient and quite useful

between projects it is sometimes very difficult to differentiate between projects, that is, to separate work and make it look different from another project. But in general lines I have not had any problem

Jack
Jack
Associate (É.-U.)

Deltek Review

The interface is very user friendly and allows everyone the ability to use it.

It is basic in nature so there is not much diversity allowed in the product.

Rhonda
Manager, CRM Systems (É.-U.)
Génie civil, 1 001-5 000 employés

I'm a believer in Deltek Vision

We use Vision for CRM and Proposals-Custom Proposals and Government forms. I love the connectivity between your firms, contacts with your opportunities and jobs. Using Vision enables us to store and retrieve our corporate history and the story of us...our projects, our people and our client relationships. I confess I am a power-user and have done most of the configuration to the system, so therefore understand it more than most others, but I can provide data of any kind from our system. We are integrated with a different accounting platform, so I can also provide up-to-date project reporting. We also use an intranet connector that makes our information easily obtainable/viewable through PC and mobile app (not the Deltek mobile app). I have used the Deltek Vision product since 2005 and had prior Deltek products since the late 1990's. Dewberry is a 2,000 person firm with 50 office locations in 18 states.

Although I live and breathe Deltek Vision, numerous people at our firm just can't grasp the details and complain that it is not user friendly. The learning curve seems slow for some people to overcome, actually many people, but once it's figured out, there seems to be high value in their usage. I like the custom reporting tool but my users find it so difficult that most refuse to use it. I think the most successful firms will have a Vision expert and a strong IT (SQL, reports) and application team on staff. If not, you probably would need a consultant. My team has been able to keep everything in house to date.

Susan
Self Employed (É.-U.)

Used Vision's General Ledger primarily in my role to produce month end and year end financial stmts.

The general ledger was easy and logical for an accountant. The work breakdown structure allowed for reporting consolidated reports as well as subsidiary level, office level, and departmental reports. Vision handled large amounts of transactions and data efficiently. Vision offers functionality to do time sheets and expense reports remotely. Vision has great security features that can remove access to certain areas or information based on an employees role in the Company. It is easy to remove rights immediately when employees leave the Company. In addition, roles can control who can make changes or post transactions. Vision allows for automated reporting. For example, an Accounts Receivable report can be automatically sent to an employee's email on a scheduled basis.

The software is not logical for non-accountants. The software is primarily for A'E firms but very difficult for those users. Most of the engineers are unable to write and run project reports. When they do get a report, the report isn't easily understood. The software is difficult to support internally and requires a database specialist to get maximum value. Vision contains a massive amount of data but the canned reports do not always offer the different types of data in same report. Unless you can write custom reports, you will have to pay expensive consulting fees.

Jun
Accounting Manager ()
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Powerful yet not so user friendly.

Commentaires : Not so user friendly, too much steps to get one voucher in. Entering description is not so easy and flexible, keep getting too much error message.

Biggest help is that It has WIP feature where we can keep track or our work in progress without outsourcing to vendors. It offers full accounting functions.

In the reports, info are not easily accessible with clicking the items you want to see. VIsual weakness where it does not disclose all info in the window and cannot adjust borders left or right to fully expose all info...always need to use left and right scroll to enter or see the whole line.. voucher and invoice number too short, can't fit long numbers, All the modules are not available...can't tell if other modules that we don't have licenses are useful to us or we need it if we don't know how it works or what it can do,,,,it doesn't give trial period like quickbooks or peachtree where we can test it for short period. Reports are too much options but doesn't have options that allows us to see more clearly. Visual really too messy...would like to see simpler and clear reports.

Katherine
Project Leader (É.-U.)
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés

Deltek Vision ERP Implementation needs an onsite professional

Commentaires : The controller left December 31st. The company went live February 1st. I began February 6th and I had never seen Deltek Vision before that day. Deltek Vision is a powerful, project management software which can help you have almost real-time visibility into all aspects of your business. Hi, my name is Kathy Nixon and I am a CPA, a PMP, and a professional coach. Post-acquisition mergers of systems, processes, and teams is my niche.
This assignment had me serving as interim corporate controller of a $130M+ Revenue company who was merging its three companies currently on Quickbooks all into one system, Deltek Vision.
Greatest take-aways:
1. Designate a Subject Matter Expert. It can be a Deltek Vision consultant or a third-party consultant with heavy Deltek Vision experience.
2. Develop a Steering Committee across all company disciplines and meet weekly. Decision making and joint buy-in is important.
3. Communicate, Communicate, Communicate. Communication to all areas of your organization is imperative to the success of the implementation.
4. Train, review, test, train some more. It takes a village to raise this child.
5. Designate or hire a project manager. For success, you need someone focused on all areas of this software's implementation. Setup, testing of setup, training, input, verify input accuracy, invoicing, collections, accounting and financial reporting.
6. Expect 6 months (to a year) before everyone is onboard.
7. Develop a budget which includes 5 times the software's cost. Yes, five times. It is a pay me now or pay to correct it later proposition.
Good luck! Wishing you success. Let me know how I can help.

Jeanice
Vice President (É.-U.)

My Experience

Commentaires : Overall, Vision is good. One feature I do not care for is the reporting and the fields are not in alphabetical order. I love the advanced search feature in reporting. I love the A/R transaction input experience where you just pull the invoice and it puts everything in. That is outstanding. Timesheets is another great feature of Deltek. One thing I feel needs to improve is the A/R search under the Accounting Tab/Accounts Receivable/Invoice Review, if you don't know the invoice number and search by client, it pulls all projects for that client. It should only pull those projects with outstanding A/R. I don't care for the customer service thru the help. Calling was much better.

The A/R transaction entry, the advanced search in reporting, timesheet processes.

The project reporting list of fields not in alphabetical order when you are trying to create a report. I know you can sort but it would take that step away if it was automatic. The search for an invoice number under Accounting/Accounts Receivable/Invoice Review.

Shawna
Product Owner (É.-U.)
Urbanisme et architecture, 1 001-5 000 employés

Performance

Commentaires : Unfortunately, our reporting issues over shadow everything else.

In general, it meets our needs but it does seem that we are always being asked for customizations by our users that is not presently available.

Reporting performance is awful! We have had a consultant come out at least twice for an overall health check and recommendations and in my opinion we did not get a lot of value from this. It takes a ridiculously long time to run many of our reports and it's a constant source of pain for both the users and those of use who support the product. We have worked through all the troubleshooting steps that have been recommended and it's still an issue. It seems that anyone I talk to from larger firms all have the same issue. It feels as though Deltek works well for small-medium size firms but not larger global ones.

Chelsee
Billing specialist (É.-U.)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 11-50 employés

Deltek Vision

Commentaires : We use vision for billing, invoicing is made simpler and PMs have an easier time managing their projects. iAccess greatly helps PM's get a quick snapshot of their projects on a daily basis - which means more efficiency.

Time and expense management as well as reporting and being able to drill down for PMs on certain aspects of their projects. The reporting functions well, and the batch billing is excellent for running large amounts of invoices at one time.

I don't like that it only runs on internet explorer - it's a bit outdated. I also wish that it was more HR inclusive. It would be great if you could run unposted labor reports that included the billing rates which is a minor inconvenience. Also if you could run an unposted unit report as well that would greatly benefit the PMs.

Ginger
Administrator (É.-U.)
Génie civil, 2-10 employés

Monopoly

Commentaires : We've been doing business with Deltek now for around 20 years. If another software company develops a competitive product with full project basis accounting at a reasonable price, we'd probably switch, if they have a good customer service team. Nothing beats the ability to just pick up the phone and call.

deltek allows us to track our time and expenses on a project basis. We can achieve time tracking, billing, and General Ledger activities within one software.

Deltek Vision is built for large organizations. It is cumbersome in a small office setting to maintain all of the text libraries. The customer service requires that you submit a case online if you need assistance, and then wait for a response, which oftentimes is not timely.

Eric
Office Manager (É.-U.)

EMajor Civil Engineer Review of Deltek Vision

Commentaires : I have used many of the tools in Vision, including the new iAccess and am excited to see what continues to improve. I do have one wish that i hope could be granted and that is to have iAccess show the project task and phase (not just the number) when your cursor is in a cell to enter time, like it shows in Vision. That way it will allow a double check as a user enters their time, I have found more errors when team members are using iAccess because they may not realize they are entering a code for ROW in Phase 53 and it should have been Utilities in Phase 52. And the line chart showing actual and planned progress will become a great asset. Thanks

Ease of tracking time and ability to break down complex projects and filter billings.

iAccess doesn't show a project description when entering cells, see comment in review

Diane
Director of HR (É.-U.)
Urbanisme et architecture, 51-200 employés

Deltek 2020

Commentaires : I have been a Deltek user for 25 years and have gone through many software changes from CFMS to Advantage to Deltek. Your team is very good with upgrades and now that we are in the Cloud, even better. We utilize your Knowledge base before we place a call for Chat. Your team members are very good at following up to make sure our question / concern was addressed. If I could add one thing to my wish list it would be a fully integrated HRMS module. Deltek's flexibility has enabled me to create my own, but a fully functioning module would be tremendous benefit for me.

The integration of data between departments. I also like the capabilities for user designed fields.

Some integration has not been successful. Would like to carve out some time to address again.

Diana
ERP Systems Analyst (É.-U.)
, 1 001-5 000 employés

Project Based ERP

I love that this is a project based solution as well as the ability to customize the product. PM and accountants are able to clearly see every project and allows for easy out of the box project reporting. Customer service is also amazing.

Our set up is a bit different, we have a lot of customization which sometimes affects the software's performance, but this is our own doing so we can't hold it against the product. The fact that it can be customized is a plus, the downside is you have to upgrade the custom(s) every time you want to upgrade or even apply the a CU.

Eric
Associate Director, Business Systems Support ()
Conseil en gestion, 201-500 employés

The "Do It All" Project-Based ERP

Commentaires : Deltek Vision has quite the array of built-in configuration settings to allow any project-based consulting firm to tailor the software to their needs. One of my favorite things about Deltek Vision is that it gives me the ability to track and integrate critical business information through the use of the software's built-in custom information centers.

Customer Support, Extensibility, Built in Configuration Options, Vast Reporting Capabilities, Detailed Documentation, Full Project Life-Cycle Integration

To keep consulting costs to a minimum, it would be best to have an internal SME to get the most out of the product.

Jennifer
ERP Manager (É.-U.)
Études de marché, 201-500 employés

Great Customizable Solution for Project Based Firms over 100 and growing

Commentaires : Vision is an amazing tool that allows end users the ability to configure and customize the program to their needs. There are some limitations with what the SAAS / Cloud Option can do and definite delays with needing things done with when working with the Cloud Ops Team, however normal Customer Support is amazing. Definitely spend the money in consulting and developing the program prior to deployment, will save the organization money in the long run and make end users happy.

Configurable, fully integrated ERP, project based,

Being a cloud based customer, the delay in which the Cloud Operations team responds to issues and how they communicate.

LYNNE
Vice President Finance & Business Development (Canada)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 11-50 employés

DELTEK VISION

Commentaires : We have found Deltek to be a great software program in many respects for our engineering company. Although there is a huge learning curve to get started it is well worth taking the time to learn the many facets available in making your everyday functioning in the office run smoothly.

The HELP is very difficult to understand at times ... someone should spend the time to make it 'helpful' and 'understandable'. It is very cumbersome and if you don't have other firms using the software, many times you are stuck for answers. We also think it is VERY costly!!!

Laura
Engineer (É.-U.)
Génie civil, Auto-entrepreneur

Easy to Use

Commentaires : Great, simple system for time management and recording. Easy to learn in your first week of employment. Also, I benefited from the ability to log in my time from my phone when I forgot to do it from the office.

I used this application in two of the companies where I worked. It was simple and direct to use, as well as to initially learn.

Once in a while there would be some problems but accounting handled them in a timely manner. Therefore, I never really experienced any significant negatives.