15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur MediaShout

En savoir plus sur MediaShout

Logiciel de présentation pour paroisses permettant de montrer des paroles, Bibles, annonces et pratiquement tous les fichiers multimédias. De plus, des options d'assistance exceptionnelles sont disponibles.

En savoir plus sur MediaShout

I miss the "BOB" option that the Media Shout programs had previously.

MediaShout - Notes

4,0

MediaShout a reçu une note globale de 4,3 étoiles sur 5 d'après 315 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé MediaShout ?

Jason
Jason
Media Coordinator (É.-U.)

Let me shout about Mediashout

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I am very pleased with the software and think that anyone who needs a quality presenter software should definitely put this on the top of your try list.

The product is remarkably simple to teach others how to use. The software is very adaptable for systems. I like the fact that it can handle multiple displays so easily.

Updates can cause the software to delay when loading, which is only a concern when running the software.

Justin
Communications Director (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 2–10 employés

Pretty good church presentation software

Commentaires : Mediashout let us create a more engaging service for our guests and congregation. We were able to not only have lyrics on the screen, but give them a wide variety of backgrounds and animations. Additionally we could automate some slides like our announcements to run on a timer until we were ready to proceed. And the ease of adding multiple media sources like audio and video gave us new avenues to share more content with our live audience.

Mediashout provided us with advanced presentation options for our church, giving us lyrics, slides, transitions, media playing capability, and verse sharing on the screens throughout our sanctuary. Our staff and volunteers were able to setup Sunday morning services and everything that needed to be on the screens. We did this in advance, saved the files, and went live on Sundays. Mediashout let us expand our capabilities outside of Powerpoint and incorporate more media into our services, which helped us keep our congregation engaged.

Media shout did a lot of advanced features compared to powerpoint but wasn't as advanced as pro presenter. We had issues editing slides on the fly and when things went sideways in the service, it was difficult to see all the slides at a glance to jump ahead or behind within the same window like Propresenter. And the software used a lot of system resources, so we had to make extra sure nothing was running in the background.

il y a 4 ans

Thanks for taking the time to review! We're so glad to have been able to serve your church. From the content of the review, it looks like you may have been using a slightly out of date version. We'd love to invite you to check out features like Presenter View in MediaShout 7 to have a better experience seeing slides at a glance or jumping around as needed. The editing process has also been streamlined so it's a bit quicker to put things together even on the fly- AND there's about to be a new update to MediaShout 7 with even more focus on on-the-fly firing. Stay posted, and please let our support team know if we can help in any way on mediashout.com/support.

Robert
Worship Pastor (É.-U.)

MS7 needs lots of work!

Commentaires : I have been a loyal MediaShout user since they began. However, Versions 5, 6, and now 7 are so riddled with problems that I have decided I will not invest any more money in this software. Tired of them repackaging the same program with the same problems.

So far, I can't really say that there are a lot of pros to this release.

MediaShout has always had lots of potential, but issues are many. MS7 was rebuilt from the ground up and is marketed as being more stable than other versions. This is simply not true. I upgraded over a month ago and it crashes or locks up weekly. It is also marketed as "powerful presentations made easy." There is nothing easy about this program. It is powerful, if you are willing to go through multiple steps to get your presentations the way you want them. MS7 is missing many of the features that were found in previous releases. In reworking the software, they have made many changes that practical usage very difficult and time consuming.

il y a 5 ans

We're so sorry for your trouble. I understand where you're coming from. In streamlining & rebuilding MediaShout in Version 7, a lot was simplified, and we're still releasing some of the more advanced features over the next several months. But the basics are where the majority of users do think things are easier and quicker. We broke out of the box of limitations on a lot of things. Tech support has had less "how do I" questions than ever because things seem to make more sense. With that said, there are things about the heart of MediaShout that we want to stay in the workflow..we're always open to feedback on those. As for stability, we've had a few hurdles, but it's been an impressively smooth new release--much more stable than previous versions right off the bat, and issues we've had have been with very small groups and specific systems. V7 has nothing in it that was repackaged from the past. Tech support is available and developers will work ASAP on any reported issue.

Ken
AVL Team Leader (Nouvelle-Zélande)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

MediaShout software is perfect for our church

Commentaires : MediaShout feels like a really close knit community, where users support each other well, but also MediaShout 'the company', support their users well.
I love the software, and what we can achieve with it, in serving our church locally.

MediaShout is fully featured yet easy to use. It's easy to train on. Their support is second to none, and they really care about how the software works for you in your situation. They are passionate about making their software easy for us as users, to seamlessly support the process of worship and sharing the gospel.

I have no negatives about using and owning MediaShout.

Keith
Student life pastor (É.-U.)

Great presentation formate

Commentaires : Are use it in two separate ministries elementary and junior high and off-campus events like camps and retreats

It is very easy to use I do elementary kids ministry and my kids are able to maneuver around mediashout and use it during our celebration services

There are several updates a year called builds That must be manually updated. I did have a glitch in my program that stumped the media shout team and was in unable to be fixed at this time

il y a 5 ans

Hey Keith! Thanks for the positive review and insight! You're right those builds are updates for the program where we release improvements, new features, etc. Users can run on the one they have if they want but we do always encourage you to move up to the newer builds when it's convenient, to take advantage of all the improvements. Now that MediaShout 7 is out, the updates will be few for MediaShout 6- only on an as needed basis. But we will continue rolling out new features for Version 7. One cool difference though is with the new MediaShout 7, we are going to be able to simply release new PLUGINS instead of updates to the entire program, once the framework is satisfactory. That way users won't have to update the whole thing, but just install new plugins that are of interest to them! Regarding the glitch or issue- I'm looking all over but can't find any details. If you have the time, feel free to check in with our team to see if maybe we have an answer for you at this point. Thanks!

Why Shout for MediaShout

5,0 il y a 6 mois

Commentaires : We have used MediaShout for over a decade.

1. Price - there is a onetime price vs a monthly/yearly subscription. 2. Features - The version you purchase is yours. While there are free versions of presentation software that are good for a small startup congregation, Media Shout will grow with you and your needs 3. Ease of use - we have successfully trained people from 17 to 65 to use the software comfortably 4. Training - there are a number of simple and quick training videos on YouTube

Usable copy purchases are somewhat limiting or intimidating. You receive a limited number of activations at time of purchase. The full version trial program helps to ensure that the PC you are putting it on is really ready. I always recommend using an up-to-date PC with higher specs than required.

Jon
Lead Pastor (R.-U.)

Good but some issues

Commentaires : We have been long-standing MediaShout users, right back from version 3. We have loved it for its flexibility and for how easy it was to use. It was quick and simple to train people up on it. That was until we moved to version 6 when the programme became overly complex. Key features became hard to find and unnecessarily difficult to do. Version 7 is exactly the same. As a consequence we went back to version 5 until the old laptop packed up and we could no longer use our licence keys for it. We are very close to giving up on Mediashout and moving to an alternative because you've made it so hard to work. We would really appreciate some basic functionality to be restored to make the whole experience simpler and therefore more enjoyable, instead of tearing out our hair every time we use it.

Huge range of features making it very flexible for every context

Some key features were far easier to use on previous versions Some tabs are not well laid out and key functions are sometimes hard to find Some changes from previous versions are illogical and make the whole experience somewhat frustrating

Travis
Director of Worship (É.-U.)
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

A Great Value and Excellent Features

Commentaires : MediaShout has allowed our house of worship to increase our production value and provide a more immersive, intentional, and effective ministry to those who attend our services.

My favorite features of MediaShout was the amount of customization options the software allows for. I stopped needing to do so much editing work on graphics before importing them, and simply create the exact look I need for a service right within the application.

The only drawback I've had is the learning curve that comes with all of the customization features. For someone who works in graphic design, the workflow is pretty standard; however, it would be helpful to have access to additional training resources that can assist volunteers who use MediaShout on a weekly basis for smaller congregations.

il y a 3 ans

Thanks so much for taking the time to review! If you haven't already looked into it, be sure to check out our Starter Pack which comes with a physical drive loaded with training videos as well as background resources. If you're on an older version, you can get this with the new MediaShout 7 (which happens to be easier to learn than any of our older ones). You can also do a lower cost option of a downloadable training video that basically walks a user through how to build an entire service, from the basic through the advanced! It can take a weight off of team leaders and assist with training new volunteers, etc. If you do need to look into an upgrade to MediaShout 7, give our team a call. Or even if you already have it and need to purchase the training videos, mention your capterra review and we'll get you a discount on them! Thanks again for being part of the MediaShout family!

Paul
Paul
Executive Director (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2–10 employés

No longer using

Commentaires : This was the cutting edge presentation software for churches when it first was released. Then ProPresenter came along and made everything easier.

The bible scripture feature was so easy to display verses from different bible translations.

It was not user friendly, especially for volunteers who weren't using the software enough to stay familiar with the layout.

il y a 5 ans

Hey Richard! Thanks for your review. You're right, MediaShout was the "pioneer" of church presentation software with the first ever concept of being able to navigate slides in random order or use motion backgrounds even. I wonder if you've seen our newer versions that came out around when ProPresenter was launched, and after? People say that our recent version 6, and especially our brand new version 7 are much easier than ProPresenter. We have folks switching all the time because MediaShout still allows advanced features, but doesn't take an advanced user skillset to be able to design and run. I'd recommend checking out this link to see a video of how you can setup an average church service in literally 7 minutes total, in fact: https://youtu.be/hBiXSn4cDGI And running it-- so easy that anyone could do it without ANY training (As a worship leader, I've personally had someone jump on 5 minutes before the service, who had never SEEN Version 7 before, and ran it with no trouble!)

Scott
Scott
Project Manager (É.-U.)
Production audiovisuelle, 2–10 employés

A Great Presentation App That Is Friendly to the Volunteer and Tech Alike

Commentaires : We deploy media shout to many of our clients who prefer a user friendly app that doesnt bog down your computer but still offers a clean, punchy presentation

Media Shout has a great layout and platform that lends itself to a quick learning curve.

I would love to see a better IOS interface and possible airplay or NDI functionality.

Greg
Pastor (É.-U.)

Amazing but buggy

Commentaires : I love​ the flexibility and creativity it offers.

I love being able to put video backgrounds behind lyrics on slides. It's a such cool effect. MediaShout is an amazing tool for presentations. I especially appreciate the song & scripture libraries that are independent of any backgrounds.

I find that MediaShout crashes often. It's more reliable during presentations, but when I'm adjusting the slide order or making other changes, especially with video, it's still buggy.

il y a 5 ans

Thanks for the encouraging review and using MediaShout! We're sorry for any trouble you're having with crashing. With our version 6, it is a pretty solid program and we don't see that often except for cases where the PC isn't quite up to spec, or maybe there's some system issues that need to be addressed. Our great support team is here for you if you connect with them on mediashout.com/support. I would bet we could resolve just about any crashing issue if your computer meets requirements. On another note, our NEWEST version, Version 7 blows just about every software out of the water in terms of stability, and I'd encourage you to check it out. There's less to worry about when it comes to Windows updates, display settings, external video codes-- we've simplified it and put it all in the box so MediaShout can be self sufficient and less susceptible to external system issues. Give it a try on www.mediashout.com/trial to see what it's all about!

bradley
Worship Production Specialist (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11–50 employés

Mediashout v5/v6

I loved how fast I could set up a service, we used this 6 days a week and it went from taking me 2 hours a day to 15 minutes! The thing that has kept me is the customer service the staff are always friendly and helpful and if they can't figure out my problem they won't stop until it's done.

some times things don't work the way they should or little bugs here and there specifically with aligning text. but usually, a quick reboot and it's fixed.

Troy
Lead Pastor (É.-U.)

Hopeful

Commentaires : It's getting better as we learn workarounds to issues that we experience.

It doesn't operate on a per month fee. Being able to own it is refreshing. It's fairly simple to use and learn as we have to teach many people to use it. Their customer service is fairly responsive (although the fact of the time difference between us and the eastern time zone limits it's availability substantially).

The newest version is more of a beta in process. Although they have offered an update that has stabilized some issues there are many that continue to degrade use and stability.

il y a 4 ans

Hey Troy. Thanks for taking the time to review. We're sorry about any issues with the newest version you may have. The updates we've been able to do now that the new version is over around 8 months old have made it pretty "mature" in a sense we've eliminated 90% of any kind of issues, but there may be some more rare and random lingering ones. Our next update hopefully within a few weeks (this is written as of 2/10/20) will resolve some of those last remaining ones so overall it should be a very reliable and straight forward product for anyone wanting to jump on! As always, let our support know at support@mediashout.com or our other avenues, if you need anything!

Francesca
Media Coordinator (É.-U.)

We were a MediaShout customer for many years but had too many problems with the program.

Commentaires : None.

Not much. It was affordable? We had to switch to another program because MediaShout was so unusable.

MediaShout stops working and crashes multiple times during editing of the slides. Customer service was not good, never answered the phone even during the customer service hours and took a long time to call back. The tutorial videos were not helpful at all. The software does not have a user-friendly interface in general but is especially unusable to people who have no experience with the program. Steep learning curve transitioning from MediaShout 5 to MediaShout 6. No matter how many times we talked to customer service, crashing problems were never resolved. Program was extremely slow. Many other problems but cannot list them all because of Capterra word limit.

il y a 6 ans

We've had a few conversations with this customer and provided answers and support to them multiple times even when our offices were closed (Sundays). Many of the issues appear to be related to computer hardware, but unfortunately our senior tech hasn't had an opportunity to look at it with them. Instead, it seems as if the finger is pointed at our software and our team when the customer may not have a full understanding of how software and hardware impact each other. In addition, they have posted negatively on numerous sites because we won't provide a refund (which is clearly stated in our policies) instead of allowing our team to support them like we do for our many other customers. We are in this position to serve the church because we love doing that. But we will not allow people to falsely accuse us of things we have not done. We have reached out to this user multiple times since this post and will continue to because that is our heart and commitment to the church.

Erik
Director of Technology (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 11–50 employés

Made my first custom count-down timer

I'm not usually the on-site tech guy for special events, but it happened to be me the other day. Among the inevitable last-minute requests was a count down timer to display on the main screens during intermission so everyone would know when it was time to continue the concert. But, they didn't want a generic video off youtube, they wanted something themed to match the event so it looked intentional. Now, I am not the regular Media Shout guy, in fact I don't think I had ever actually used it for a live event before. This responsibility falls on me so rarely that I usually just go with PowerPoint. I knew MediaShout had better tools for us, but never bothered to learn them, and I was more familiar with PowerPoint. But, a count down timer? I did a quick search on how to create a count down timer in our version of PowerPoint. After skimming a few steps in, I realized this was not the way to go. So, I opened up MediaShout to see what I could figure out. Oh, my, that was too easy. I dropped in a background to match the concert theme and added a count down timer, gave it a nice font and matching color. Ta-da. The event organizers were happy and it worked flawlessly.

Seems like this thing loads pretty slow. It's running on a good computer, but still seems like it takes forever to open and load up the file.

Karen
Administrative Assistant (É.-U.)

An Easy to Use GREAT Solution for Flawless Worship Experiences

Commentaires : We have had some issues getting it to run on our monitors in our church. We are working out the "bugs," and this may be our issue, not the MediaShout program. I would like to be able to drag videos, etc. off my desktop right into the library. I have to keep going in and changing settings if a video or music is in different folders on my desktop.

MediaShout transformed our worship service from fragmented and "unprofessional" (I hate that word, but truly it was rough) into something that has flow, form and makes worship run smoothly. Our congregation is older, and we have a gentlemen in his 80s using the program on Sunday morning. That is how easy it is to use! I create the presentations in about an hour, using saved cues, creating new cues and inserting Bible text for each week. It is a great time saver for me, which is very important, since I am one of a two person staff at the church! My experience in creating and presenting with MediaShout has been very good. I do recommend it.

Learning to use it was a little intimidating, and the introduction spoke in MediaShout language, which was difficult and different (for example a cue instead of a slide, or a ribbon instead of a header). Learning the jargon of the program was half the battle of learning to use it. It was like you had to learn a new language before you could get started.

Alwin
Alwin
AV Technician (É.-U.)

Amazing Presentation Software

The program is very easy to use and covers all our needs as a church. Being able to show lyrics and Bible verses and ppts seemlessly makes MS6 worth it. Being able to open multiple presentations is a useful new feature.

We have encountered random crashes and bugs in the program. Even those are rare, it does get annoying if that happens during service. When moving between decks, it feels like MS6 is moved backwards in comparison to MS5 and MS4. Being able to skip slides without having to use the mouse is very useful to our church and using the arrow keys then entering was a valuable feature that was lost. Finally, an update to the Android version of MSRemote to match the iOS would improve our experience.

il y a 6 ans

Hey Alwin, Thank you for the review! I'm sorry you've encountered occasional "buggy" crashing issues. I would mention that crashing, though rare, is often caused due to a Windows Update changing settings in your machine. As a software, MediaShout is supremely stable and will only crash, for instance, if you have outdated video card drivers, PowerPoint implementation, or mis-matched codec settings. When something like that happens, reach out to us -- submit a ticket, get on our chat line, etc. We're here to help! Thanks, and be blessed!

Gary
pastor (É.-U.)

5 was great but 6 stinks

Commentaires : Does what I need it to do in setting up worship media. My experience was great for versions 3-5. They just really screwed up version 6. It does it all, but in the most cumbersome way.

It will do all sorts of things, pretty much anything you want.

I've used Media shout from versions 3 through 6. 5 was great - I loved it. Easy to use. Virtually no learning curve. Very intuitive. Then someone decided to make major changes on version 6. Very cumbersome. Hard to figure out. Not intuitive at all. I actually hate it, but have not choice but to use it. Even after nearly 2 years, I still can't stand version 6. One of the most annoying is that things like column width on the screen, remote on/off, preview screens, compact script - none of those things save with the program. So if you have to do a quick reboot, the program comes up with several things you then have to do in addition in order to be back to where you set it. The lyric setup - entering your own lyrics - is really cumbersome. Seems like the program is friendly to those who use the lyric service, but hard for those who want to do their own lyrics from scratch.

Ruth
Volunteer (É.-U.)
Services d'information, 2–10 employés

Mediashout

I liked how easy it was to use and train volunteers. Also the ability to edit during service was helpful

That you can't rotate pictures and inability to add more than 1 chapter of scripture in a cue

il y a 5 ans

Hey Ruth! Thanks for taking the time to review. Good news for you- MediaShout does allow you to rotate pictures in version 6 and definitely version 7! On V7, if you put your cursor around the corner of it, you'll see a rotate icon come up and you can click and hold and move the mouse to do so. If you mean to rotate through pictures like a loop, you can do that too- now in the Plugins section on the top right. Click the cue you want to loop, click the Scenario plugin and check the box for advancing the cue, and set how many seconds you want. For multiple chapters of scripture- in the past versions of MediaShout you had to do these as separate cues but not in version 7! You should be able to use the text bar at the top of the insert bible window after you've picked your first chapter, to add verses from any other book or chapter along with them. Let our support know if you can't find it!

Heather
Media Tech (É.-U.)

Our church uses this software every week and it's got all the features we need, and then some.

The MediaShout people are super helpful and are constantly working to improve their product. They don't sell you something and then leave you hanging. One time I sent in a question just before the holidays. I got an answer as soon as the office was open after Christmas was over. I followed the instructions step by step and it totally fixed my problem. They are very friendly, knowledgeable, quick to respond, and speak my language. Oh, and they love the Lord Jesus Christ and live to serve him, and in so doing, they help us and they help meet the needs of the churches that buy their product.

Rather a steep learning curve, but that's because there are so many features to learn. So it's sort of a con but not really. If you have the time to learn the software, you will NOT be disappointed! There are glitches with every software program and MediaShout is no exception. However, if you call for help right away they can either help walk you through the fix or give you a workaround.

Arlen
Student Nutrition Services (É.-U.)
Production alimentaire, 51–200 employés

MediaShout

Commentaires : MediaShout is an ok software to use if you are an advanved user. New users to this software can be easily confused and lost becuase the interface is for advanced users.

MediaShout makes presenting videos and presenting images somewhat easy. You can output everything in the exact way that you put them in there.

you cannot group anything together. As well as everything has to be stacked instead of it being in one single space.

il y a 4 ans

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to review. We're so sorry for the difficulty you're finding with learning the interface. We designed it with people in mind who may not have any experience doing presentations, and I would say it's similar but even easier to learn than Powerpoint! If you compare with other presentation software options, I believe you'll find MediaShout 7 to be the most simple, streamlined product available. To get up to speed, I'd recommend looking into our training videos or one of the services we offer for scheduled training calls like our MediaShout Plus Membership. Of course, the program comes with 30 days of free phone support and free chat support ongoing after that. Let us know if you need anything!

Erik
Director of Technology (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 11–50 employés

Full-featured program for your church screens

I confess, I haven't actually been behind the wheel driving it during a service, but I've installed it and tested it and talked with support. It's a great product with a great company behind it and an excellent value. You could just use PowerPoint, but this thing is optimized for showing stuff on a screen during a church service, and seems to have all the bells and whistles you could need. When I've needed support, they've been incredibly, well, supportive. Actually, the last couple times I needed support, I went to their website to look for how to contact them and instead quickly found an article with exactly the information I needed to make sure everything would be solid for Sunday. We use it to power three video outputs - the main screens up front, the control interface in the booth, and a confidence monitor on the back wall so the people on stage can see what's coming up next.

I've had trouble wrapping my brain around all the features and how to setup the presentation, or script, or whatever its called, but the guys that actually use it during the service seem to have picked it up just fine without a problem. Oh, and there's a slight lag on the confidence monitor. Seems like it doesn't change until it's done with the transition on the front screens.

Barb
Owner (É.-U.)

We selected MediaShout to assist our visual needs for our Sermons. It has positively enhanced them.

The support team is extremely supportive and concerned about our needs. They are quick to address a support request and can explain the issue and resolution is terms that are easy to understand. They don't speak at you they speak to you, and that is a huge plus dealing with support issues. The software is flexible, adaptable and easy to train our members on how to use it. Their library of tutorials and FAQ allows you to try and work through at your pace, any issue that may arise or new feature to use. Though we haven't taken advantage of using a tablet at the pulpit, we were excited to know that we could attach one to better help the pastor navigate through his slides.

There have been a couple of times when Windows has updated and it effective the way MediaShout looked on the screen. But MediaShout was quick to acknowledge the issue and walk us through the correction.

Heather
Secretary (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 2–10 employés

Mostly good, some issues with settings being wrong and hard to figure out the solution

Commentaires : Easier to edit/arrange lyrics than the previous software we used.

It's easy for our volunteers to learn the basics. It is capable of displaying all forms of media we use. I like ability to create custom templates for lyrics.

When using the inline editor on lyrics, the cursor jumps up to the top of the page whenever I hit backspace and makes editing more tedious than it needs to be. Crashes often when using large powerpoints. At times settings seem to spontaneously change and I know it's not because someone other than myself was using the program.

Pastor (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 2–10 employés

At first we were excited about the product but now we are very disappointed in the product.

Commentaires : Nothing

There is nothing we like about this product now. We have so many errors with the program shutting down multiple times during the services we have. We have not completed one service without the system crashing. I guess the only thing we like about the program is when it's off.

The system crashes during every service we have multiple times. As a pastor of the church, it is very hard to have a good worship service when you can't use the program to involve everyone. Very disappointed in The product we have purchased. This is not what we expected at all. We are still trying to use it because other programs are just as expensive but very dissatisfied!

il y a 6 ans

Dear David, I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you have had with MediaShout! My main question would be if you had contacted Customer Care with these concerns, and what response you received. We pride ourselves on industry-leading tech support, and all of us want you to be up and fully functional. Our heart is for the Church and our passion is for your ministry. Please contact customer care and give ue the opportunity to resolve these issues. (866) 857-1292.