SurePayroll - accurate, timely, easy to use

Publié le 07/11/2018
Pete P.
Customer Success Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Love that we are able to provide every employee with their own log in access to view history, print copies of checks and W-2's. Frees up a lot of time by allowing them to perform this critical task.

Inconvénients: Nothing negative too report. We have not experienced any problems with accuracy of data, and their security is excellent.

Dependable Payroll Service

Publié le 04/12/2018
Laura H.
Business Administrator
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We have used Sure Payroll for over three years and as a whole we have been very happy with them. For hourly employees and basic salaried employees they are awesome. Unique issues such as clergy is not as smooth.

Avantages: The entry for payroll is easy to use. The default payroll that they have recently instituted makes things extremely easy. Customer service is very efficient and they answer quickly. If they promise to call back about an issue they always follow up and make sure everything is taken care of.

Inconvénients: As a church we have a number of clergy with unique payroll needs and at times it has been difficult to make the needs of the clergy work with the system. I wish the system was a little more flexible. Also, when we first selected this company we selected them because the advertised that they specialize in clergy payroll and I would say I have educated them more than they have helped me.

Could be better...

Publié le 13/01/2017
Carrie B.
Loisirs, voyage et tourisme, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall not a bad value for the money as it's super inexpensive, but the customer support is super lacking. We ended up with a pretty big issue and support was non-responsive. Without their being an issue, the system is easy to use and good views and reporting for both employer and employees.

Avantages: Ease of use, cost, reporting

Inconvénients: Customer support

So happy that I found a better payroll provider than SurePayroll!

Publié le 15/01/2020
Patrick B.
Photographie, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Being a very small client with a very minimal payroll, I found the service to be a little too challenging, inflexible and expensive.

Avantages: At first it seemed like a good decision. Transitioning from do-it-yourself payroll was a must.

Inconvénients: When issues did arise, I would get "passed around" to departments that could not resolve the problem. Personnel vacations and changes seemed very frequent.

SurePayroll

Publié le 15/10/2019
Shannon M.
Owner/Director of Operations
Services à la personne et aux familles, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This was an overall good product for our small payroll needs. Once we grew larger, we required a product that was more robust and went with a different vendor.

Avantages: The layout was pretty intuitive and I found navigation easy. For a small business, this is a very workable and flexible solution for self-management of one's payroll.

Inconvénients: There were a few occasions where reports were not made properly to the tax entities and we received notices from those entities. This necessitated calls and emails to customer service to have it resolved.

Overall does a great job

Publié le 06/02/2018
Sam M.
Controller
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall I really like using the software and support is there when you need them for the most part.

Avantages: It is very easy to set up and work with on a daily basis. They keep track of all the employees and vacation/sick time is easy to work with for each employee. They take care of figuring all the taxes for the employees and send that in to the IRS and State. At the end of the year all you do is print the W2's.

Inconvénients: It is really hard to set up multiple or unique sick amounts and or vacation times. They are also very limiting on how many people can get in and use the site.

Good software once I was able to access it.

Publié le 16/02/2018
Kali C.
Appointment Booking Specialist
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I was able to see my paycheck online and print out the stubs if I needed to.

Avantages: It provided a good breakdown of hours worked/ sick time available/ etc. I liked the interface of the website.

Inconvénients: I did not like that an administrator had to reset my password. I had several password issues (and I use the same password for nearly everything so I know it wasn't a mistake on my end). Every time I had a problem, I'd have to contact my boss to reset it. Inconvenient for him and no one wnats to inconvenience their boss.

Good and Bad

Publié le 26/10/2017
Holly D.
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Lets employees know that they received their monies and they can access their information themselves. Processes the quarterly taxes quickly and so far correctly. Great and competitive pricing.

Inconvénients: Operates on percentages so if a employee works in more than one department, you have to use a percent and the payroll taxes are not the exact amount for the general ledger. Customer service is sometimes slow to respond. Does not respond on new state changes very quick. I had to ask 3 times and I had to get the new information changes for them. I have to enter the department worked in each week. The software does not remember from previous week.

Surepayroll is the best!

Publié le 12/09/2018
Chris W.
Business Owner
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, my experience has been a great one. The process of running a payroll is seamless and easy!

Avantages: Easy to input payroll hours, gratuity and add other Hourly rates for my employees. I like the fact that they deduct Federal and State Taxes, as well as they provide Direct Deposit so I don't have to worry with paper checks being cut and mailed.

Inconvénients: They charge for every employee over 5 that are on the payroll and sometimes that can add up on a monthly basis.

SurePayroll

Publié le 02/08/2019
Mohamed O.
Service Desk
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Is good to view your paystubs and POT hours.

Avantages: You can view you paystub and PTO hours and that all.

Inconvénients: Not a lot of features. Only you can view you paystub , pay rate and PTO hours. Need more features and idea.

Excellent Customer Service

Publié le 21/02/2019
Anna D.
Construction, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, this program provides a great experience and the customer service is top notch. I almost never have to wait on hold to talk to someone. I would highly recommend to other users.

Avantages: I recently needed to update our banking information just before payroll was due. I was unaware that we needed a bank letter, however, once the letter was submitted the new bank information was uploaded and approved within an hour - and we still made the deadline for payroll cutoff. I like the reporting function as well as the categories of active, inactive and terminated employees.

Inconvénients: In the instance of printing multiple weeks paystub for 1 employee, you have to go back to the reports for each week ending, choose the employee, choose the weekending, generate paystub. I would like to see the option to chose multiple weeks for 1 employee and generate all at once.

Best software for payroll!!!

Publié le 21/06/2018
Vanessa L.
HR Coordinator
Conseil en gestion, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: SurePayroll is a powerful, flexible, and so organize to pay your staff, and it offers good support and top-notch reporting. also, it' s interface is dated.

Avantages: Excellent record keeping and pay-processing tools. Supports multiple payroll types. Integrates with multiple accounting sites. Good mobile apps for employer and employees. The support staff are very nice and help so quick if you have any issue.

Inconvénients: I don't have any issues with this software. I have been using it for more than a year and I can't be more grateful. some people think it is a little expensive but for what it is I don't think so.

Very easy to use and takes care of everything

Publié le 03/10/2018
Content Marketing Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've had a great experience with SurePayroll. It is easy to handle paying my employees and making sure taxes are covered too.

Avantages: Setting up SurePayroll was easy (a rep guided me through it) and now it takes care of everything for me. I go and manually input my hourly employees time in every two weeks, but otherwise the entire process is pretty automated.

Inconvénients: No cons - I haven't had any issues with SurePayroll!

Makes payroll simple and easy!

Publié le 12/01/2018
Hannah B.
Support client

Avantages: I love that the taxes are automatically taken out. I can log each employee and their hours to be assured everything will be calculated correctly. They give you many options to set up your account like number of employees and hours for each employee each week. You can also add break times and set funds to pay into insurance or other things.

Inconvénients: Depending on company size the price can get a little high. The company is very flexible to work with. Customer service representivies have been very nice and a pleasure to speak to.

LOVE SUREPAYROLL

Publié le 04/02/2019
Tori G.
finance coordinator
Cabinets médicaux, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I love everything that it offers. I can view old forms and documents and see all my vacation and holidays in one place to keep track!

Inconvénients: I hate that when you log into (a saved device) it still says you have to send a verification code to your phone. I get that it is good for security, but it just takes extra time and steps when I have already saved the device!

Do Not Use Surepayroll

Publié le 15/03/2018
Richard W.
Logistique et chaîne d'approvisionnement, 13-50 employés
Support client

Avantages: Low Cost, and that is it. There is nothing else that you can say that is positive. It went down hill after PayChex bought them

Inconvénients: Extreme Security that they just went to make this system worthless. Does not calculate Garnishments correctly.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Daphne le 21/03/2018

Hi Richard,
While it can be frustrating to have multiple security measures in place to unlock your account, this is something we take very seriously due to the sensitive information our customers are working with. We want all of our customers to feel safe and have these measures in place to ensure an unauthorized user isn't able to login to an account and change important payroll information. Additionally, we have confirmed your garnishments are calculating correctly per agency requirements. Our customer care team has been working with you on this concern and to explain that your garnishments are correct. We appreciate your business and should you have any additional concerns, please reach out to our customer care team at 877.954.7873.

Does my complete payroll in no time at all!

Publié le 05/03/2019
Jean V.
Art/artisanat, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Accruing sick and vacation time for my employees after an easy one-time set-up is my favorite part of this software. I'm a new user, but so far everything is going fine.

Avantages: I can accrue time off by hours worked for each employee. This is very important in Washington state, where employers are required to accrue 1 hour of sick time for every 40 hours worked, regardless of whether they are full or part time.

Inconvénients: I don't have complete flexibility over my pay dates. I would like to be able to print my paychecks for the same day I'm running the payroll. It's set up for direct deposit to be able to deposit the funds in about 2 business days, but I'm writing checks for my employees, and I can't change the date, unless I hand write them. The check printing feature works great on purchased check blanks.

Really great payroll product!

Publié le 27/06/2018
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Customer service is fantastic. Whenever I call, they answer quickly and are super knowledgeable and helpful. The program is very easy to use and saves me soooo much time each payroll period.

Inconvénients: The reporting features aren't amazing. you have to select each pay period and refresh the screen which is a bit annoying...but it's not really such a big deal in the long run.

Customer service is terrible

Publié le 17/01/2020
Will R.
Construction, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Evidently, I encountered my problems during their "busy" season. When I asked when that was, I was told October, November, December, January. I am a small business. Exactly who their platform is targeting. I will admit, I am new at payroll, and I messed up. I own that. My problem is that it is assumed that you know how to set everything up. Going forward, when I set up my payroll service with someone else, I will know what to avoid. When I called to get help, my hold times were terrible. I called multiple times trying to get stuff figured out, and it was the same every time. I literally can't afford to sit on hold for someone to tell me that I am going to have wait for up to 24 hours to be called back to fix my problem. I am an outside contractor. My office is at best my pickup truck. Usually the job stops or extremely slows down when I am not there. I can't do payroll service stuff while I am on a jobsite. So I waited in my home office as long as I could, and then I got my wife to wait for me. They never called me back. I ended up calling back a few days later, and was told that I needed to fill out a different document before we could go forward. No body ever attempted to reach me. I am still waiting to see how much they are going to bill me for the corrections. Judging by what they have told me, their ridiculous fee schedule is about to hit me next. I would have been better off paying another service a little more to be taken better care of.

Avantages: I think once it is setup correctly, it probably functions well. It was really inexpensive for what it does. I have one employee plus me, and it seemed like an affordable option for payroll services.

Inconvénients: Terrible customer service. Really tough to get in touch with customer care. I sat on hold forever every time I called trying to fix my mistake when I first setup my information.

Clunky from a User Expereince

Publié le 04/02/2019
Jessica T.
Salesforce Product Owner
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The site functional, tracks your paycheck, and you do get paid. All the information you need is available on the website.

Inconvénients: The site is rather clunky, as every time you need to login, you HAVE to do the text confirmation check, but if you're on a prepaid plan with your cell phone provider, the texts never send and you are logged out. I had to get HR to redo my internal file with a Google voice number just to be able to get my W-2, as they won't do a call or an email verification. Beyond that, the site is just very basic, no robust features, but the core of the product does work. Finding where documents are is a little non-user friendly, but not the worst I've seen.

IF YOU LOVE HIDDEN FEES

Publié le 21/01/2019
Shakir A.
CEO and Founder
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: they have relatively easy to use UI and nothing else

Inconvénients: After being with the service for 2 years. They incorrectly filed my taxes 3 times in that time period. Which I didn't cause any issue for the service even though it caused 3 months of headache. Then this year I received $545 in fees which consisted of "expedited payroll", "cancel payroll", and "returned direct deposits". I asked for a refund on the only $150 worth of "returned direct deposits" and was told no. So if you love a company who has horrible customer service, messes up your taxes, and then charges you fees....pick this one!!!

SurePayroll experience

Publié le 24/02/2015
Phil G.
Support client

Commentaires: We have been using SurePayroll for my insurance agency for a little over a year now and I must say it fits the bill in every way. The data entry is very simple and takes only a few minutes. I can make changes each pay period to include commission income or hourly adjustments. The only minor issue I have had is waiting for the payroll summary report to update online from the previous pay period. I've found that if I logoff and login again it updates much faster. Beyond that...for a small to medium size business, I think it is a very cost effective and efficient way to process payroll. As a result, I have referred SurePayroll to a number of my small business clients. Tim Shelton, my original SurePayroll representative is very responsive to any questions I may have. Keep up the good work!!

Sure payroll User

Publié le 13/09/2018
Loresha L.
Télécommunications, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This payroll software allows my contractors to easily login using the username and password to obtain their paystubs.

Inconvénients: I really wish it didn’t take two days for payroll to reach my Contractor’s bank after submitting it.

Excellent from an employee's point of view!

Publié le 20/10/2017
Marketing Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I like how I can back and check details anytime I want with the exact breakdown. I have used it for over a year because my employer uses it and it's very convenient.

Avantages: - Easy to use
- Breakdown of amounts
- History of checks clearly displayed
- Easy to calculate and check information for consecutive years

Inconvénients: - As much as I appreciate the security steps, it's a bit annoying to have to add a verification code

Decent Payroll Provider but technology is outdated

Publié le 10/04/2019
David P.
Executive Director
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: You can do better than SurePayroll. While I loved their short processing times for payroll, their outdated and slow backend technology, consistent 2-Factor Authentication not functioning as it should (continued to ask even after trusting device), and a lack of communication when additional fees were applied caused us to move elsewhere. In such a competitive industry, clear and transparent pricing in addition to stellar customer support is non-negotiable. I've been thrilled with both the clear pricing and the customer support we've received from a different provider.

Avantages: Robust Reporting
Short Payroll Processing Times

Inconvénients: Pay Structure isn't as clear as other payroll providers
Lack of clear communication regarding additional fees
Expensive when adding 1099/W2 EOY reports
Inability to onboard new contractors from a web-based invitation link