Must Use Payroll Software

Publié le 26/07/2019
Kaitlen C.
Bookkeeper/Payroll Associate
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Wagepoint is our go-to payroll processor. It is super user-friendly, for both myself as the administrator and for our client's employees. We have 16 of our clients on Wagepoint, and that number is continuously growing as it's the processor that we recommend if our current/new clients are looking for a change, or haven't even started on payroll yet.

Avantages: Wagepoint is extremely user friendly. They make all the functions super easy to find and navigate around the pages. Their customer support is extremely professional, and I have only ever had wonderfully helpful people. You are able to integrate to QBO and "push" your payroll journal entries to your payroll clearing account. Super easy to reconcile! Wagepoint submits ROEs, T4s, source deductions, WSIB, and EHT on your behalf. Never have to worry about manual payments!

Inconvénients: Wagepoint is still growing, and it has some functionalities that are still in the works, such as being able to break out CPP and EI in a journal entry for separate departments, or being able to pull in project codes and times from T-Sheets to classify employee's work times automatically instead of manually. All of the basic+ functionalities work wonderfully though. The only viable method of customer support is through email, which can take a while if something is super urgent. Calling in can get you an 'urgent' status, but you still have to wait for someone to contact you back instead of being able to talk to someone on the spot.

Waste of Time and Money

Publié le 20/07/2019
Jason M.
CFO
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés

Commentaires: Run away!

Avantages: It had the appearance of functionality. At first, I thought they understood the withholdings and filings that needed to be made.

Inconvénients: We had issues from the moment we started the setup process (which was not as straightforward as the web site led us to believe ). Many things needed to be clarified and corrected after the setup process and Wagepoint was not available for quick contact most of that time. Customer service is nearly non-existent. But the final reason we left was that their ACH processor, NatPay, suggested our business was related to products we have nothing to do with and WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY DATA placed the burden of proof on us. This happened without warning and Wagepoint simply parroted their inquiry. In fact, the evidence they asked from us was our URL, as if that would have proven anything. I could have given them any URL I wanted. This silly request from an already difficult little Canadian company (Yes, based on Nova Scotia) was not worth my time, trust, or effort and we fired them. Now, we pay them nothing to do what we were already half-doing to begin with to support our completely legal and ethical company that has nothing to do with the shady business they suggested. I would disagree with the user whose review stated you get what you pay for with Wagepoint. I did not pay to be irritated by a service company.

envoyé par Wagepoint le 23/07/2019

Hi Jason,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience while getting set up with Wagepoint.

As a payroll company, we are required to put all prospective customers through rigorous screening before we can do business with them. While we're attempting to better our processes, there are times when legitimate companies get caught in the risk filters. This might be the case with your company. Unfortunately, as a company policy, we cannot override those decisions. I understand your frustration and I'm sorry that we couldn't work with your business.

Sincerely,
Shrad Rao, Wagepoint CEO

Best payroll provider!

Publié le 27/06/2016
Caitlin M.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We switched our payroll from Ceridian to Wagepoint 2 years ago. I dreaded having to login to Ceridian because it was so archaic and not user friendly at all. It was so hard to find information. I could feel myself getting emotionally frustrated. I hated that I was asking my employees to also use such an outdated piece of software that would also cause them frustration and pain. Then I switched to Wagepoint and my biggest regret was that I didn't switch sooner. Wagepoint is sooo easy to use, it's incredibly automated and their team is incredibly helpful. I never have to worry about anything with Wagepoint. I never miss a payment, I never pay late because of a holiday. I love that it modern and easy for my employees to use. Using Wagepoint is the best decision I have ever made when it comes to payroll!

Avantages: Automated. Payroll happens seamlessly every two weeks. Beautiful easy to use interface. Excellent Customer Service. I'm never late with payroll because of a holiday. My employees enjoy using Wagepoint.

Inconvénients: I honestly have never come across a con while using this software. Anytime I've had a question I get immediate support.

This software will make your life so much easier!!!

Celeste P.
HR Manager
Produits alimentaires, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Wagepoint is so easy to use! Friendly staff who will go above and beyond-- couldn't imagine doing payroll without them!

Avantages: -Ease of use-- this software makes complete sense.
-Great staff with a fast response time.
-Love how staff can check their own paystubs and T4s on their own online account-- environmentally friendly and time-saving not having to print them each time!

Hi Celeste,

I'm so happy to hear that you love the app and our service. Amazing customers like you make it easy for us to go above and beyond :)

If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always here for you.

Amazing Payroll Software!

Publié le 03/08/2016
Alison G.
CAO
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Wagepoint has been attentive to our needs and thorough with their service from the beginning when we started working with them in 2010. All the support staff are fantastic to deal with and the software makes the payroll part of my job a whiz.

Avantages: Fast customer support, the ability to process everything myself, the ability to customize payroll needs, the use of automated reporting and automated remittance and the ease of use

Inconvénients: Xero integration does not work in the easiest way for all customers

Hi Alison,
We're just as excited about having you as a long time customer :) Thank you for all the kind words, and we appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback.
I'll be sure to share your comments about the Xero integration with our dev team and and see if we can make it even better.
In the meantime, if you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us via support@wagepoint.com, and we'd be happy to help!
Leena

The best choice for a small - medium business

Publié le 21/03/2017
Krista H.
Director of HR
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We have been with Wagepoint for almost 3 years now. There are a couple of features that I would like to see added, but otherwise the UI and functionality are quite good. The thing that really sets Wagepoint apart is their customer service. I am always impressed by their attentiveness, accessibility and ability to fix all of my problems!

Avantages: The customer service and the intuitive UI. I also really appreciate the reminder emails.

Inconvénients: I would like the software to pro-rate pay if I have a new employee starting mid pay period. I would also appreciate the option to rollback the payroll if I catch an error (however, their CS can do that for you if you ask!).

envoyé par Wagepoint le 28/06/2017

Hi Krista,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We are actually working on a mid-cycle feature that will prorate the pay based off an employee's hire date, even if they start mid pay period. We'll be sending out an email notice when this feature is released along with some other exciting updates :)

It is feedback like yours that helps us improve our product. Thank you for all your support.

Leena

Wagepoint will eliminate your payroll pain

Publié le 23/06/2016
Jennie M.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My practice was eager to streamline its workflows as it related to payroll. We have fully embraced Cloud Technology and with such needed to find an online solution for payroll. Since implementing Wagepoint our firm has saved roughly an incredible amount of time, we now can focus on what our client really want.....Feedback.

Avantages: Not sure if 1500 characters is enough to mention all the Pros. So here they are in short form: Employee Portal for employees to view T4 & Paystubs and change address info. Direct deposit. Auto remittance to CRA for payroll deductions. Auto remittance to WSIB for workers compensation premiums, auto Record of Employment generation (perfect for seasonal clients), EHT remittances, easy reports to export to Quickbooks Online or other cloud accounting solutions. Employees can divide pay into 3 CDN$ bank accounts. Multiple pay groups allowed. Easy to implement. Customer service totally ROCKS!!! Easy request to auto populate deductions....AND HERE IS THE BEST PART.....it automatically calculates Stat Pay!!! Whoot Whoot!

Inconvénients: I would like to see more time keeping applications be able to integrate into this platform.

One of the Best Payroll Softwares

Publié le 01/02/2019
Dana R.
Payroll/ HR Admin
Vente au détail, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Wagepoint is very easy to use and has always provide the most accurate info and reporting. Not only is it an amazing payroll software but their customer support is the best I've ever seen. I never have to worry about running into problems because I know that they will respond quickly and help me resolve and issues I have.

Avantages: This software is extremely user friendly, it provides reminder emails, I am able to customize payroll and the deductions needed, and the customer support is the best I have ever experienced.

Inconvénients: I do not have any complaints with this software. On the rare occasion that i have an issue, their customer support if on top of it. I never have to wait and always receive a quick response.

We love Wagepoint!

Deborah S.
President/CEO
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Wagepoint has provided amazing support and service. Their product is exceptional, and their response to any situation is quick and reliable.

Avantages: Wagepoint is available 24/7, is so simple to use, and is accurate an reliable.

Hi Deborah,

We love you right back :) Thank you for being so awesome and supportive as a customer. We really appreciate it.

If you need anything at all, feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always happy to help.

Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Great payroll software and service, but could use polish

Publié le 25/04/2018
Hans N.
Owner/Manager
Hôtellerie
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Support client

Avantages: Love the series that come with the software. Payroll is fast in most cases. Track app is also really cool, but in obvious beta. Really looking forward to it becoming fuller (would be amazing to see scheduling and timesheet management!). Customer service is e-mail only, but they are super helpful and thorough.

Inconvénients: The whole interface is a bit dated, and for some reason, everything is squished into a small division on a page. Making the window bigger doesn't show extra information. It seems limiting, and the next two issues probably stem from this design choice. Paying vacation is a pain. You have to take the accrued vacation, then divide it by their pay, so you can add it to the pay in HOUR format. Why not just have the information available on the main payroll screen and add it as dollar amounts? Strange manual work for a product that is so automatic otherwise. Adding tips is a strange too. You have to manually choose to add tips every time. Should be configurable to always show tips column, for example. Reports could be more customizable. Like totals for specific time periods. Quebec support could be a bit better.

envoyé par Wagepoint le 27/04/2018

Hi Hans,
We are making some design upgrades to the product (estimated release by the end of Q2 2018) that I think will make the process a lot smoother for you. If you are open to it, I'd love to share the designs with you and get your thoughts.

GREAT and EASY to use

Nicole K.
office manager
Import/Export, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Use wagepoint for my payroll service and love that it is quick and easy to use. Helped us when our accounting program stopped being supported and tax tables were not available.

Avantages: Ease of use and ability to access reports

Inconvénients: That vacation is only accrued by percentage instead of hours as all our employees receive 3 weeks vacation and the accrual in wagepoint does not accurately reflect this. None of my employees are receiving notifications that their pay stubs are available.

Hi Nicole,
Thank you for your kind words, and we also appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.
We took a look at your account set up and noticed that employees had not been invited to set up their Wagepoint self-serve accounts. We have taken care of this on our end, so moving forward, your employees will receive an email notification to let them know their pay stubs are ready for viewing.
As for the vacation accrual, would you be interested in a demo of our paid time off management app, Luna? It's fully integrated with Wagepoint and vacation balances are automatically updated. It might help with the issue you are experiencing.
Either way, I look forward to hearing from you.
Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Wagepoint - great payroll service at a very reasonable price

Publié le 14/09/2016
Bill R.
Administrator
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Have used Wagepoint for about 3 years and have only had 3 or 4 instances when I needed any assistance. Each time they solved my issue in a super prompt and friendly manner. I have had previous experience with a different major payroll service provider and they are not even in the same league as Wagepoint when it comes to Customer Service.

Avantages: Website is very friendly; easy to learn, easy to use and an average payroll requires very little time to complete. We don't even have to distribute paystubs. Wagepoint does that for us by providing each employees with online access to all their personal information.

Inconvénients: Nothing is perfect but I can't think of any suggestions for improvement

Excellent customer service

Publié le 06/12/2018
Joy K.
Disbursement accountant
Vente au détail, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The software helps manage employees on different schedules, contractual and permanent. It makes it easy to pay workers, calculate taxes with ease and directly deposit the salaries to the employees using the software. It is simple to understand and user friendly.

Avantages: I must comment on the customer support team, they are always ready to help and respond to customer queries. Is it very useful in paying contractual staff daily , weekly and montly.

Inconvénients: It is only suitable for small organizations, this limits its use in large multinational companies.

Best Canadian Payroll

Publié le 26/09/2018
Marc eric B.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: LOVE wagepoint, always there to help and give assistance when you need it.
Super easy and clean

Avantages: Ease of use
Clean interface
Excellent service

Inconvénients: Partner program
New client setup and onboarding

Most User Friendly Payroll Company I've Used to date!

Publié le 02/11/2015
Crystal D.
Fabrication électrique/électronique
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The website is very easy to use both as administrator and an employee. I've used other payroll companies (Payworks & Ceridian) both as an administrator and an employee and found this very user friendly compared to other sites. Everything is very straightforward, explanatory and easy to find.

Inconvénients: I have no complaints about Wagepoint to date. Everything on their website is very user friendly and easy to find. I haven't had to use customer service yet for anything however our administrator has and I know he's said they have been incredibly helpful any time he has required any help or had questions.

WagePoint is Awesome

Tina L.
Équipements publics, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It has been easy learning payroll using wagepoint. Customer service is great and very fast at providing help.

Avantages: easy to use, great customer service, fast response

Inconvénients: reports are confusing. Takes a bit of time to break all source deductions of EE and EP down to enter into accounting

Hi Tina,

I'm really glad to see that you are happy with our app and our service.

I'll be sure to share your feedback re: the reports with our dev team and see if we can make the process smoother for you.

In the meantime, if you need anything else, please feel free to reach out to us via support@wagepoint.com at any time, and we'd be happy to help!

Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Wagepoint is easily the best payroll service we've used.

Publié le 23/10/2015
Ross F.
General Manager
Construction
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: They respond to email questions *immediately* - an absolute treat to deal with. I never have to wait long for an answer (like, a couple hours at MOST), and they're more interested in making sure that they've solved your problem and you're satisfied than just "getting rid of you".

Inconvénients: Sometimes if you wait till the last moment to process your payroll their servers are busy, but it doesn't happen often.

Easy paycheck

Publié le 08/01/2019
Dana T.
Foreman
Construction, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It has saved ton of time and money and able to keep track of everything in one spot

Avantages: Keel up with timesheets do payroll all in one saves time and money

Inconvénients: Can't say anything negative at this time

Amazing customer service, easy platform

Publié le 22/06/2016
Marko S.
cofounder/CEO
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We're a small company and used Wagepoint from day one. The team has been fantastic in helping solve issues (like adjusting EI), educating us when we do something for the first time (like letting go of a staff member). The software is easy, but the customer support is truly the best part.

Avantages: Ease of use. At first I was doing manually payrolls each week, but then got set up for automatic payroll and that made everything feel like magic.

Inconvénients: Would like some additional support for when hiring a staff member to pro-rate their first pay automatically, but right now customer support helps with that.

Wagepoint to the rescue....

Publié le 28/06/2016
John S.
Services aux consommateurs, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: "Thank You" for such a great payroll program. I was audited last week by the state tax department of WV and everything was perfect. I was able to go onto the Wagepoint website and pull off all the documents that the auditor had requested. I overpaid $173, but that was paid in by me, (my fault), before I switched to WagePoint. Thought you might like to know that it was a great audit and I was of course a happy camper. Your customer service people are also great to work with and they return phone calls very promptly. Super happy that I switched over to WagePoint, it is saving me hundreds of dollars a year compared to my old payroll system.

Avantages: You can put it on auto pilot and it makes payroll life easier. It only takes me 5 minutes or less to do the payroll.

Inconvénients: nothing I can think of...

Love Wagepoint, makes my life so much easier!

Publié le 26/07/2016
Popy D.
2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I don't often write reviews but this software makes my life so much easier and they have the best customer service ever. We run a software company and they model the type of customer service every company should offer. They respond to our questions right away and go above and beyond. They are also readily accessible via telephone, any time. Even during 'off' hours, we'll get a response.

Hi Popy,

Customers like you make all the difference, and we wouldn't have made it as far as we have without your support.

If you need anything at all, you know where to find me :)

Leena

Amazing Full Features Automatic Payroll!

Publié le 25/09/2018
Christopher f. A.
President & Founder
Jeux vidéos, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's been excellent and I hope to stay with them for years. I'm able to run my business without worrying about the headache of payroll.

Avantages: I decided on this product just for the automatic tax filing of the 1099s/W2s and quarterly reports on my behalf. Anything to help save me time from doing any tax work is fully appreciated. The website actually goes well above and beyond with the free reports you're able to generate for your needs, the flexibility of modifying payments and running one time payments, it's so fully featured I'm amazed at how it's able to stay so cheap and offer so much.

Inconvénients: If I had to name one thing it would be the lack of easy documentation for doing more complex payroll activities, such as garnishing an employee for child support but a simple email to their support email and I got my answer.

A Game Changer

Jeffrey I.
2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We became wagepoint customers when I discovered I have no gift for running payroll and figuring out the various taxes my company is subject to. Wagepoint saved our bacon! Good folks with an incredibly easy product.

Avantages: Super easy to use, superb customer service.

Inconvénients: I've never had a problem since we've switched to Wagepoint.

Hi Jeff,

I know you hear this a lot from our team, but we think you're pretty amazing yourself :)

Thanks for all your support, and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us at anytime.

reliable, trustworthy

Publié le 02/11/2015
Derek F.
Director of Sales
Fabrication électrique/électronique
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It works well and has been proven to be very very very reliable most of the time. I am just trying to reach 50 characters by now, I don't run the system I just receive payment from you

Inconvénients: It has screwed up a couple times on late payments but very infrequent. Seems to work most of the time when it should

Startup using Wagepoint for over 2 years

Publié le 20/07/2016
Cris J.
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We were looking for a platform to automate our payroll processing. Wagepoint proved not only to fulfill our processing requirements, but its quick response on all our questions impressed us.

Avantages: Wagepoint is simple to use, does not require deep knowledge of the payroll calculation.
Great support, all features required for processing our payroll.