15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur StoriesOnBoard

En savoir plus sur StoriesOnBoard

StoriesOnBoard est un outil de gestion de stratégie produit complet, nourri par les commentaires des clients, qui permet de recueillir des opinions, d'élaborer des plans et de créer des scénarios.

En savoir plus sur StoriesOnBoard

I like the keyboard shortcuts the most in StoriesOnBoard. It allows for easy navigation and modification of the cards in an efficient way when compared to other story mapping tools out in the market.

User management is a bit tough. Even as an admin, adding yourself to an existing board makes it necessary to go find a different user management area, which is always strange.

StoriesOnBoard - Notes

StoriesOnBoard a reçu une note globale de 4,5 étoiles sur 5 d'après 85 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé StoriesOnBoard ?

Matt
Matt
Project Management Team Manager (É.-U.)
Logiciels, 51–200 employés

Really great tool with continual improvement

Commentaires : I really like the way it allows us to collaborate on stories, releases, and epics. Integrating with Jira is a very nice feature that is better and better with new releases. Also, adding an "undo" feature has been 100% excellent.

I like the collaboration between team members as well as between teams and clients. It solves the problem of telling the release/estimate story in a way that the client can have some influence!

Steve
Technical Lead (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 51–200 employés

Stories on Board is an integral part of our Agile Cycle

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : When writing enterprise software, there are a lot of moving parts that need to be tracked. Tracking them can get complicated and there are tools that can help that. There are a couple of tools I would never want to build software without and Stories on Board tops the list.We spent some time during our agile transformation not using story mapping, then did it manually. After some time we decided to evaluate different story mapping vendors and decided on one that worked the best for everything we needed (which was Stories on Board). All things considered the time and money we saved being able to actively collaborate using these tools and directly push the results into jira far outweighed what we were doing with our manual approach, and prevented errors as well.

I think anybody familiar with and who has effectively utilized story mapping in their development process may find this question rhetorical. Just in case though, my top two would be the collaborative story mapping functionality and second the road mapping and project reporting functionality that it also contains.

There's not much that I don't like about the software actually. Anything I've found that didn't feel right on the application I've sent directly to their support and they've addressed it right away, so its hard to find anything to write up here as a con.

Rohit
PM (É.-U.)
Logiciels, 501–1 000 employés

Feature mapping in virtual world

Ease of creating releases Business flow maps

No good editor No good linking of releases

il y a 3 ans

Hi Rohit, Thank you for your feedback on StoriesOnBoard. We're sorry to hear you're not getting what you want out of our tool. Would you mind giving us more detailed feedback on what you're having difficulties with? Thank you & regards, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Comptabilité, 1 001–5 000 employés

Versatile Dedicated Tool for Product Management

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I started using StoriesOnBoard in an early stage of its life cycle, when it was a mediocre to good solution for user story mapping, but the only dedicated solution for this method. I am impressed by the development the software has taken since then, becoming a comprehensive product management platform and also being flexible enough for other use cases - e.g. I once conceived the structure for a non-fiction book with it and managed the writing process with it.

Easy to learn and use, comprehensive and dedicated to product management.

No whiteboard feature, which would be helpful in some stages - for this, a Miro integration would be great.

Chief Product Officer (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 51–200 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Still the best story mapping tool in the market

I would have normally said the visual design aesthetics could have been improved but the latest set of updates have made a drastic difference. I wish the integration between JIRA & StoriesOnBoard would be more robust for Nextgen projects.

il y a 3 ans

Hi David, thank you very much for your feedback on our tool. Actually, we have just made story map creation a lot easier from JIRA projects, but unfortunately Nextgen projects are not supported by this feature. We're sorry that we can offer you a better solution for that, yet, but we'll definitely consider possible solutions. We hope you still find value in using the tool. Regards, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Piotr
Product Manager (Pologne)
Logiciels, 51–200 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

StoriesOnBoard - a tool for nailing down product ideas

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : We as a team were using this tool to nail down the idea of the apps. It is the most intuitive tool on the market I know and it's very useful when you have to define the scope of the feature or the app in a quick and transparent for non-technical guys way.

Keyboard steering, support, redesign to modern look, filtering, adding colour

Selecting more than one card, new way of adding colour to the redesigned maps - it's not as quick as earlier was

Bram
Bram
Agile Coach (Belgique)
Conseil en gestion, 51–200 employés

I only have 2 tools I consider essential for my job, and storiesonboard is one of them!

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Story mapping is the most massively useful technique I know for visualising any sort of project or process. I’ve been using StoriesOnBoard for over 6 years now, and I couldn’t imagine a better, more user-friendly tool (and it kept improving all the time!)But not only is their product great, their customer service is truly top-notch! When I switched companies, I asked them if they could maybe extend my free license while I try to convince my new mgmt. to start using StoriesOnBoard.Immediate personal response, useful demo’s, actual hands on help in setting up new features, extending my personal license for free while I’m convincing mgmt. at my new job to pay for it 😊 chef’s kiss!

Story mapping as a technique is meant to create shared understanding through externalized thinking. The way that storiesonboard supports this so fluently is what I like most about it. When I ask someone to explain their project, I can visualize what they're saying at the speed that they are explaining it. It's that easy to use.I use it to visually map any kind of project I'm involved in. From large scale software projects to planning my own home rennovations.When working with clients, it was the starting point to visualise the scope, the board to give context for estimations, the basis for a client offer and the overview to track progress once we started.

Only a minor remark, but the export to excel - while perfectly servicable - could be improved. In particular, the fact that it exports some content to comments instead of new columns.One integration I'm hoping for is the ability to embed a story map in a whiteboarding tool - such as Miro - to visually group even more relevant information around the map itself.

JT
JT
Sr Solution Architect (É.-U.)

Takes the pain out of sprint 0 and keeping your high-level vision in focus

Commentaires : I love this product! As a consultant product owner it brings sanity to an often crazy process of prioritizing an upcoming build phase. I have also had multiple good interactions with the support team when something isn't working right, as well as direct access with the engineering team to request new features.

Stories on board doesn't do everything, and that's why I love it. What it does it does very well and that is giving you a high-level view of your features and epics and a place to work on planning and grooming stories before they go into a build. I use it extensively to drop in features, stories, and tasks that are needed for a product build, often times before the structure of the build is fully realized. Once in the tool you can move stories around easily, split them if they're too big, combine similar stories together, and then push stories to Jira for managing sprints, and pulling the backlog from Jira to organize into upcoming sprints and releases.

As of this writing, there are two features that I need to make my life easier. 1. Stories on Board only connects to one instance of Jira, which is fine for product companies, but is insufficient for consulting shops that may use their own Jira as well as client Jira instances. Support for multiple Jira instances is on the roadmap, and I can't wait until it's there. 2. Swimlanes in Stories on Board represent releases in Jira, and I want to also have sprint-level swimlanes. There's an easy workaround to just use releases called Sprint 1, Sprint 2, etc, and that works, but is a bit more work than if it were a natively supported feature.

il y a 3 ans

Hi JT, Thank you so much for your review on StoriesOnBoard. We know the JIRA integration is a big one and we're trying to improve it regularly. We really appreciate your input regarding swimlanes. Cheers, The Storiesonboard Team

Daniel
Product Design Lead (Canada)
Internet, 11–50 employés

Storiesonboard allows our team to plan and create releases for upcoming features

Commentaires : This software has transformed my workflow from helping me translate a massive story map during project discovery to helping me continue creating stories and building releases for features that we continue to deliver. I can't imagine my workflow without it.

- You can easily create releases - Creating stories and adding pictures is great - Github integration really helps us push and track our stories and how we deliver on them - It is extremely easy to copy your story map into storiesonboard and continue to maintain it from there

- The only only at the moment is that managing releases is not the best. You need to go into a separate menu just to move releases around. When working with micro releases this is a hassle.

Lullaby (É.-U.)
Design

Hands down the most comprehensive story mapping tool available today.

Commentaires : Team alignment, quality delivery, easy to see the forest for the trees and keep tabs on project status, and to zero in on the problems and bottlenecks.

Two way sync with Trello, Jira, Github, and Tracker integration makes it an easy choice no matter what engineering or development team prefers. Awesome for bridging and focusing upon product management and strategy prior to committing to development.

The only thing missing for me, last time I checked, was attachment sync and maybe showing card covers.

Christopher
COO (Belgique)
Services et technologies de l'information, 11–50 employés

Excellent tool to collaborate with a customer without pulling him into the complexity of eg. JIRA

Commentaires : I introduced the tool more than 6 years ago in the company I worked for at that time and reintroduced it in the company I'm currently working for. Currently it is completely embedded in our process from sales until delivery of software development projects and the ease of use and the steady addition of new features make that I don't see it being replaced soon. So for me as user and admin the experience is excellent.

The 3 elements that I like most is: - the easy of use during customer collaboration during definition and refinement of scope and planning, and - the easy integration with JIRA and Slack - the steady flow of new features and possibilities

It is improving but the administration and management within the tool is a little bit less straightforward

il y a 3 ans

Hi Christopher, Thank you for your detailed review on our tool. As an experienced story mapper, we would love to hear about your take on internal management and administration, if you're open to an interview. Regards, StoriesOnBoard Team

Leo
Project Manager (É.-U.)

Very helpful for story mapping.

Easy and intuitive user interface Ability to group cards into releases Seamless integration with Jira

Drag and drop feature doesn't work very when there is a lot of cards and you need to scroll something down outside the current view. Integration only works with 1 Jira instance, would nice to be able to connect to multiple.

Raza
Architect (É.-U.)
Conseil en gestion, 1 001–5 000 employés

Great Product Could Be Even Better

Very intuitive, easy to collaborate with others in it, love the integration with JIRA.

Moving cards in bulk would vastly improve the user experience. When we're trying to leverage the release feature, it's time consuming to move cards one by one.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Raza, Thank you for your review. To be honest, moving cards in bulk has been on our radar for a while now. We hear you! It's still under the consideration phase as it would make the movement of epic level cards complicated. We're, however, making small improvements continuously, we hope you'll find useful. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Marco
Scrum Master (Allemagne)

Easy way to manage your User Stories

Commentaires : We could build a quick overview over all our User Stories and so we had always the progress in view. Our next projects will also be implemented with the help of storiesonboard.

Easy editing, fast overview over all stories Just the right amount of features - has what you need, isn't complicated. Also with the small license with only one admin you can use many "read accounts"

unfortunately there is no offline functionality, It would be great if you could host the whole thing locally

Carlos
UX Professional (É.-U.)
Logistique et chaîne d'approvisionnement, 11–50 employés

Great tool to visualize Azure DevOps

Commentaires : Great platform to collaborate with others in virtual meetings. I like being able to add new stories or work items and being able to sync them with ADO

It integrates with ADO easily. I can visualize the development of a project easily.

It needs more integration with Microsoft products. I wish the same level of integration was placed as it is in Jira.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Carlos, it's so refreshing to read a UX pro's feedback. Thank your for your valuable insight. Stay tuned for more Microsoft integrations, one might even be on the way! Regards, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001–5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Great Tool for easy storyboarding

Commentaires : We are trying to identify gaps in functionality with our product and StoriesOnBoard helps us clearly find and fill those gaps by allowing us to see what functionality we have and haven't thought of yet.

The ease of use when coming up with epics, features and user stories.

I would like if there was a way to enlarge the cards, so those with larger titles aren't cut off and need to be clicked to view the name in entirety. Also, I would like if there was a way to add notes/comments to the board at-large, not just to individual cards.

Sarah
Agile Business Analyst (Nouvelle-Zélande)

Perfect for sharing our physical map with team members in other offices

It works in the same way I'd story map with physical post-its/cards so it fits perfectly into our process. It does what it does well, is simple and easy to use. I really like the fact that I can give my entire team view only access without having to pay for additional licenses.

Tim
Experience Design Lead (R.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 51–200 employés

Easy to use and great tool for collaborating across different teams

Commentaires : Great experience so far, super easy to get started, use and to collaborate on the fly with colleagues and clients!

Ease of use, particularly important when facilitating live client workshops. Visibility of journeys in real time and ability to iterate on the fly and re-prioritise as new insights/re-evaluations of backlogs occur.

None I can think of, allbeit I'd describe myself as a relatively basic functionality users.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Tim, Thank you for your review on our tool. Since you use it with customers, we would love to heard about your experience and workflows, if you'd be open for an interview. Cheers, StoriesOnBoard Team

Johnny
CTO/PO (France)

Good job!

Commentaires : Change my company! My team is more aware about the things to be done

Story management correctly done The support

No api but I have the chance to have the get opération it’s a good start!

il y a 3 ans

Hi Johhny, Thank you for your review on our tool. Feel free to message our support team if you need any help with integrations. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Lachlan
Senior Software Development Manager (Canada)
Services et technologies de l'information, 201–500 employés

Quick and targeted

Commentaires : Fills a need.

Virtual post-it notes, create epics and stories, and export to Jira. Done!

People spend a couple of minutes futzing about at most meetings, before we get on a roll.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Lachlan, Thank you for your feedback on our tool. We hope you find our new features useful, as well. Cheers, StoriesOnBoard Team

Nicolas
Nicolas
Senior Consultant Retail Banking (France)
Banque, 10 000+ employés

An excellent tool to build your story mapping

Features I liked : - Shareable - Easy to use - Export file formats (Backlog or story map format) Besides I really enjoyed the online Customer service.

Sometimes it's like the product is not finished. The colours disappear when exporting backlog/story map.

Pranshu
Module lead (Inde)
Services et technologies de l'information, 1 001–5 000 employés

A good story mapping product with tons of features.

Commentaires : Perfect tool for story mapping and idea grooming.

There are n number of features available in the product. You can just think about the requirement and you will surprisingly find it already implemented.

To be very honest i did not find any such con yet. As i have recently started using it.. I would take sometime to discover a few or any.

il y a 3 ans

Dear Pranshu, Thank you for your review on StoriesOnBoard. We would really appreciate if you gave us more information on why you gave only 3 starts to our support team and 4 starts to ease of use and value for money if you haven't found any cons regarding the tool yet. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Divertissement, 11–50 employés

Cool

Commentaires : StoriesOnBoard is best app for storymapping. I've searched alternative apps. I didn't find better app for storymap.

Easy to use. Very straightforward well designed app.

Pricing is expensive for me. No mobile apps.

Alyson
Prj Manager (É.-U.)
Logiciels, 201–500 employés

Great Collaboration Tool to Capture User Requirements

The ability to collaborate and view stories in a friendly UX. Easy to use as part of planning and requirements gathering.

Reports for a holistic picture of all stories.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Alyson, Thank you for your review on our tool. We would love to hear what you mean by reports for a holistic picture of user stories. Cheers, The storiesOnBoard Team

Charmane
Sr. Systems Integrator (É.-U.)
Services financiers, 1 001–5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

New User Experience

Commentaires : I like how easy it is to get help on questions I had. I am still exploring the product to see if this can be used by our company.

It helps me organize the stories and give me the big picture of creating and releasing a new product.

Not too flexible on the structure but I have not explored all its functionalities. It took awhile for me to learn how to use it, but after I created a couple of stories, I got the hang of it and its easy to reach out to customer service to help.