Avis clients sur Bench

• Service client

En savoir plus sur Bench

Bench tient la comptabilité de votre petite entreprise pour vous. L'application se synchronise directement avec vos comptes pour fournir des livres bien tenus et exacts, prêts pour la déclaration fiscale.

En savoir plus sur Bench

249 avis affichés

Samantha G.
Services à la personne et aux familles, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 15/12/2020

"Huge help for an entrepreneur"

Avantages: Bench was critical in helping me with catch up books for tax time. Being able to upload reports easily from my bank and various credit card processors made things so much easier, and the bookkeepers learned quickly how to categorize the transactions. I'm not sure when I would have caught up on my historical books without Bench. Going forward from there has been very easy as well. I've been able to link the reports to my card processing software and bank, and get updates as they have questions. So simple! I find the monthly reports easy to understand and its given me a much clearer picture of my numbers.

Inconvénients: The only challenging initial integration was with Paypal- myself and the Bench team member had a hard time linking everything. We resolved it and I didn't have that issue with other accounts. I do wish that this software integrated with my invoicing system, so I could easily see where the profits were coming from. However, I use that system's reports to get a good idea of what's bringing in income.

envoyé par Bench Accounting le 24/12/2020

Hi Samantha, Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review! We're happy to hear that we were able to help get your bookkeeping up to date. We're excited to keep providing a simple and easy bookkeeping experience moving forwards!

• Publié le 15/12/2020
Dez E.
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 27/10/2020

"Clean"

Commentaires: Our overall experience has been that Bench is personable, intuitative, and user-friendly.

Avantages: What we like most about Bench is their level of customer service. From setup to now, the team has been here with us and is extremely easy to reach out to. Beyond this, the interface is very clean, quick to load.

Inconvénients: There are some accounts that can't be automated, but we understand this. That aside, we would like to see Bench expand and offer more all-in-one service beyond book-keeping and tax returns or make any partners more accessible (virtual CFO, CPAs would be great).

envoyé par Bench Accounting le 12/11/2020

Hi Dez! Thank you so much for your kind review. We also appreciate the feedback! Wishing you all the best.

• Publié le 27/10/2020
Jonathan B.
Partner
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 25/08/2020

"Excellent Book Keeping Software For Running Your Business"

Commentaires: Understanding the financial health of our business has been critical in making decisions both long and short term. Bench helped free up the minimal time that we as business owners have and spend more of that time focusing on our business, which has been very helpful.

Avantages: It was great to see a breakdown of all three financial statements for our business, both from a macro and micro perspective. Being able to pull up accounts and see specific transactions from desktop and on the go through mobile was indispensable in running a healthy business and planning for the future. The messaging system was prompt and efficient for keeping in touch with our book keepers and account manager with any pressing questions. They were always very professional and did high quality work. Any questions or concerns with categorization and interpreting information were answered well.

Inconvénients: I think it would be helpful to expand the software to allow for the dropping of all receipts into our account in order to have a one stop location for accessing and printing receipts for accounting and tax purposes. We were informed that only high ticket items needed receipts, and so we ended up using other third party software to track mileage and keep track of receipts.

envoyé par Bench Accounting le 23/09/2020

Hi, Jonathan. Thanks so much for sharing your kind review! We also appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We have shared this to the appropriate teams.

• Publié le 25/08/2020
Nick L.
Creative Director
Design, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 06/02/2021

"Only Do What Only You Can Do"

Commentaires: Pleasant interactions with all personnel I’ve spoken with over the phone or via email. Onboarding was easy and comprehensive. The financials dashboard -+ the app is well designed and easy to access.

Avantages: Offloading expense tracking was a massive weight off of my shoulders. I now have more time to lead my small team and know that my accounting is in good hands - if there is ever a question or discrepancy they reach out immediately.

Inconvénients: Honestly the price. I wish it were significantly cheaper. Much of the expense tracking is already done through freshbooks, other financial input apps have APIs for the Bench team to use as well - so I don’t think the limited personal interactions (which is not a detriment-the less I can talk to accountants the better) warrants the steep price tag.

envoyé par Bench Accounting le 18/02/2021

Thank you so much for sharing, Nick! We're thrilled to hear that we have been able to help take a massive weight off of your shoulders!

• Publié le 06/02/2021
Marie M.
Photographie, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 23/07/2020

"Bench dropped the ball & gave me a partial refund."

Commentaires: I tested Bench out at the end of 2019 and then hired them for my entire 2020 books. In the beginning, they were on top of things. Then, mid-summer they dropped the ball. My account got passed to another team, and they didn't even touch my books for months. It was a mess. I reached out to customer service and they did give me 2 months of a refund, because the customer service rep (who was very kind & courteous) saw what I saw. In December, I requested for my bookkeeper to fix some miscategorized transactions and later asked, "Hey were those fixed?" She said she fixed them, which was a blatant lie! On top of all of that, it took them about TWO MONTHS to do my final end of year books that I could pass onto my CPA. I was told they were uploaded, but then they weren't there when I looked for them. I had to request, "Please upload them again." They apologized and did so right away, but by the time I saw them, thank goodness for the COVID extension, because I literally didn't have my deliverables from Bench until April 2020. My filings would have been late.

Avantages: Bench is easy to use and navigate. In the beginning, they were fantastic at answering questions I had to help understand how my bookkeeping was being handled. That's about the only good thing I have to say.

Inconvénients: I spent more time dealing with Bench all year long than when I was doing my own bookkeeping on a simple spreadsheet. I expected a learning curve in the beginning. They promised it would get easier "as we learn about your business and transactions," but I found month after month that the same transactions got flagged needing my input. Then, when I did thorough checks on my books, I found several transactions not in the right category. The other thing I didn't like was that my bank constantly needed to be reconnected. I truly felt like I spent more time handling Bench than I would've spend just doing my own bookkeeping.

• Publié le 23/07/2020
M. brandon L.
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 17/06/2020

"Extremely happy with my choice!"

Commentaires: Overall, really great! They're super helpful. Most of the time they're quick to respond, but at times have needed to have an extra poke to get a response. That is a rarity. Usually, I'll hear back from someone by the next day at the latest.

Avantages: Having all the data to see my business stats has been really helpful. They call it the "Pulse" which shows you the health of your business with a way to visualize how you're doing over time. I like that a lot. Bookkeeping is really easy for me now and I'm thankful I outsourced it. I just connect my accounts and drag and drop invoices and receipts that I scan or receive into the documents section and they take care of things. They also provide a nice, clean, easy to understand summary at the end of each year so my accountant can do my taxes easily. I have no regrets going with Bench. It definitely saves me a lot of time and stress.

Inconvénients: I wish there are some nice comparable summaries like percentage growth or changes month to month, by quarter, and YoY. Prices still feel a little high to me and I wish there was an option for invoicing and receiving payments into my checking accounts.

envoyé par Bench Accounting le 12/08/2020

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's great to hear that we have been able to take away some stress. We've also shared your feedback with the appropriate parties for further consideration!

• Publié le 17/06/2020
Heidi D.
Cabinet d'avocats, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 16/06/2020

"Great product, worth the cost for peace of mind"

Avantages: I like that it's easy to use, comes in a user-friendly format, and simplifies accounting for me. It's dummy-proof! I'm mostly looking forward to an easier tax season with this software.

Inconvénients: It's a little expensive for a one-person office, so I wish there were more tiers in pricing. But I like the product and will continue to use it, and understand that it costs money for a good product.

envoyé par Bench Accounting le 12/08/2020

Hi Heidi! Thanks so much for the kind words. If you ever feel that your average monthly expenses have decreased, we can always conduct a pricing review to see if you fall into another pricing tier. All the best!

• Publié le 16/06/2020
Rahul S.
CoFounder
Biens de consommation, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 21/01/2021

"Easy to use, great customer service"

Avantages: This was super easy to set up and describe exactly what I was using it for. other providers took ages to figure out how to integrate my Amazon sales but Bench just got it!

Inconvénients: The pricing was a bit on the higher side especially the catch up accounting that ended up being a large lumpsum in my case!

envoyé par Bench Accounting le 18/02/2021

Thank you so much for sharing, Rahul!

• Publié le 21/01/2021
Ashley H.
Filmmaker
Photographie, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 23/06/2020

"I wish we would have invested in this sooner!"

Commentaires: I LOVE it so much!! I wish we would have started using this from the start with our business.

Avantages: Bench has changed our business for the better! Having all of our books from month to month in one place is GAME changing! My favorite part is the real time look at the health of our business because our books are now done monthly. I can be confident that we'll never be behind! Which helps us make better business decisions!

Inconvénients: When I was first new to Bench and terms like "balance sheet" and "profit and loss" I wished there was a hover by where you click on them at the top that gave a quick description of what each meant.

envoyé par Bench Accounting le 12/08/2020

We're thrilled to hear this, Ashley! We've passed your glowing words to your bookkeeping team, who will be equally as thrilled.

• Publié le 23/06/2020
Paul F.
PMHNP
Psychologie, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 13/10/2020

"Affordable yet Robust Bookkeeping"

Commentaires: I have been satisfied with Bench, and it takes a lot off my mind.

Avantages: The staff at Bench are responsive and helpful. The software is user-friendly. The price is less than most of its competitors.

Inconvénients: The bank integration does not always function right with the credit union I use.

envoyé par Bench Accounting le 12/11/2020

So glad to hear we've been able to take some stress off your plate, Paul! Thank you for being with us!

• Publié le 13/10/2020
Emily S.
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 09/11/2020

"One less thing off of my plate..."

Commentaires: I am saving myself hours and hours of handling the bookkeeping. I am confident that it is done correctly and I am not missing anything. I like having someone to ask bookkeeping questions to if need be.

Avantages: I was hesitant to start Bench because I thought I could handle the bookkeeping for our business on my own. Managing money has always been a strength for me. However, as my company grows I find that I need to keep delegating and removing things off of my plate. At the same time as a business owner I like to keep as much cash inside the company as possible. I finally gave the free trial a chance and it has been the BIGGEST weight off of me. I know that my bookkeeping is totally taken care of and done professionally. The stress of organizing everything for taxes is lifted off, and I know that I always have someone working on it everyday on my behalf. Anytime I have questions I get an immediate response along with very valuable advice. I am a Bench customer for life!

Inconvénients: I don't like that it keeps disconnecting to my bank account. We've had a few technical issues with that. It can be very time consuming and frustrating especially since I am extremely busy already. I also have to confirm purchases from months prior and that can take a long time! When I confirm those purchases it is usually 30+ transactions and at that point I don't even remember all of them so it takes a while for me to locate receipts. I really dislike that too. I wish it were less expensive for us a small business owner as well.

envoyé par Bench Accounting le 12/11/2020

Hi Emily! We're thrilled to hear that we have been able to take one more thing off your plate. We have also shared your feedback with your team! A member of our Client Success team would also love to connect with you regarding your pain points. We will be reaching out via email shortly!

• Publié le 09/11/2020
Founder & Creative Director
Design, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 29/04/2019

"Makes My Life as a Small Business Owner So Much Easier"

Commentaires: I started my graphic design studio in 2005 managing our books through a part-time bookkeeper who'd come in 1-2x a month and we'd then communicate a few times every week.. This system got us through the first 8 years of our business. Though functional, it was a time-consuming process. We used Quickbooks at the time, and I could never get comfortable using it to manage or understand our business's numbers even though our bookkeeper was serving it on a silver platter essentially. I've always felt Quickbooks was made for accountants, not business owners or individuals. Once can argue, it's supposed to be "accounting made easy", but it's really designed with accounting in mind — not business owners. As a business owner I wanted to quickly understand cashflow and profitability. Whereas Quickbooks seemed to that and much more, it seemed like I was doing my taxes every time I went in there. So I started looking for options and that's when I found Bench. And Bench, even back then, had already provided a service ideal for a small business owner like me. I've been using Bench since 2013 now, and I can't imagine running my business without them. It's allowed me to focus on my clients and design work which are revenue generating tasks, instead of accounting which was an anxiety-generating task.

Avantages: 1) Uncomplicated Interface — For a non-numbers/non-accounting comfortable individual it's great. It provides me access and understanding to our accounting in a very digestible yet informative manner. 2) Accessible Customer Service/Communications — All the interactions I've had have been professional, courteous, and problem solving driven. It's never "No". Instead if a challenge arises, they've always been proactive in finding a way to address the challenge or question providing options. It's also especially great that you can speak with them or chat with them with no barriers. At first I was very concerned about this since our books are the heartbeat of our financials, and i was quickly at ease after the first few calls and chats. 3) Easy — Once our accounts were synced and Bench had a clear picture of how our business worked, it's set-it-and-forget-it. What used to required a few hours every week for me now has become an hour or two a month. 4) Transaction Verification Made Easy — I especially love how they've simplified this process to almost a game.

Inconvénients: 1) Cash based bookkeeping. This was a struggle in the beginning since we were accrual based initially. However upon working with them and our CPA, we've managed to stay accrual based and set up a system where we do adjusted entries after filing taxes. 2) Not Quickbooks. This is not really a con, but should make it clear that if you prefer to stay on Quickbooks, this is not the service for you. They will provide your books as spreadsheets for your CPA to work with. At first I was nervous about this, but it hasn't been an issue. 3) Turnover with bookkeepers — Over the years, we've had I believe 5 different bookkeepers over the course of 6 years due to turnover or what seems to be internal promotions. It has not negatively impacted our service, but I do wish it was less frequent since at times I'd have to remind the new person some of the subtleties of our account.

Albert R.
Services aux consommateurs, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 29/04/2019

"Exceptional Services for Small Businesses"

Commentaires: Bench executives should develop the bookkeeping platform further to include items that allow the end user to have a total experience. I understand that the goal is to lead bookkeeping into full tech. However, I feel that users want some form of one-on-one service where they are able to meet and greet their bookkeeping expert. What I have experienced with Bench thus far are a series of glitches when adding accounts, not being able to delete accounts, and occasionally having to repeat myself when discussing issues with numerous customer support staff members that are not apart of my bookkeeping team. I feel that by establishing a video conferencing feature to the dashboard, it would be a brilliant opportunity for us, end users, to get to know their experts and to limit any inconsistencies while providing a more personal experience.

Avantages: Bench has done a great job of placing most items one would require into a dashboard that makes the bookkeeping experience simple. Customer service at Bench is by far the best in the market! Staff at the company truly believe in the product and provide the end user with an exceptional experience each and every call.

Inconvénients: Platform errors and the lack of additional features.

Chris B.
Co-Founder
Télécommunications, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 19/10/2020

"Love Bench!"

Commentaires: Bench is the easiest way to manage our books online. It's been a huge time and money saver over the last few years.

Avantages: I've been using Bench for years now and it's so simple to see and manage my books. When something isn't categorized correctly, I add a comment and it's moved over to the right one. It's been great and easy to use.

Inconvénients: The monthly income statements are behind often. I have to ask to get them on time. I wish it integrated with Quickbooks as my CPA can easily manipulate the data for reports.

envoyé par Bench Accounting le 12/11/2020

Thanks, Chris! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We've passed your comments to your team as well! Wishing you all the best.

• Publié le 19/10/2020
Chris S.
Photographie, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 20/02/2019

"Outsourcing to Bench was a Gamechanger"

Commentaires: As a small business we're constantly prioritizing big time spends and deciding what's worth us outsourcing and spending money on rather than time. Bench was one that, as soon as we were set up and going with them, we've never looked back. It is not cheap. But it's worth it for us, no question about it!

Avantages: We've been using Bench for a few years now and absolutely love it. It can be basically as hand's off as you want. We get an email once a month when they're working on our books, sometimes an extra contact here and there if they provide other documentation throughout the year. And we have our CPA and Bench people in touch with each other which is even more off our plate. As small business owners, bookkeeping used to take a ton of our time, and now it's a breeze. And logging into our account we can look around at where our money is going with a quick glance

Inconvénients: I admit we haven't done a ton of digging around in the actual software - our typical use is them contacting us with any categorization questions once a month (and after a couple years there are hardly ever any). I do wish (or can not find how) we could see how much money we're paying/spending on a particular item. So, say, I want to see how much we're spending on just Facebook ads. What I can do is search for "facebook" (and I can specifically search within whatever time period I want, like Q4 2018 or January 2017), but it won't automatically give me a sum of all of those expenses. I CAN see a summary of expenses by category, but by "line item" (like "Facebook" or "AWS") would be even more helpful.

• Publié le 20/02/2019