Avis clients sur Bench

En savoir plus sur Bench

Bench tient la comptabilité de votre petite entreprise pour vous. L'application se synchronise directement avec vos comptes pour fournir des livres bien tenus et exacts, prêts pour la déclaration fiscale.

En savoir plus sur Bench

I appreciate the quick access to messaging back and forth with my bookkeeper, making notes about transactions, and they referred me to Gusto for an integrated payroll service.

My issues have been with smaller banks making it difficult to link accounts to Bench, but this is less about Bench, and more about the banks’ software.

Bench - Notes

Bench a reçu une note globale de 4,7 étoiles sur 5 d'après 282 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Bench ?

Co-Founder (É.-U.)
Télécommunications, 11-50 employés

Love Bench!

Commentaires : Bench is the easiest way to manage our books online. It's been a huge time and money saver over the last few years.

I've been using Bench for years now and it's so simple to see and manage my books. When something isn't categorized correctly, I add a comment and it's moved over to the right one. It's been great and easy to use.

The monthly income statements are behind often. I have to ask to get them on time. I wish it integrated with Quickbooks as my CPA can easily manipulate the data for reports.

il y a 2 ans

Thanks, Chris! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We've passed your comments to your team as well! Wishing you all the best.

Steve
Conseil en gestion, Auto-entrepreneur

Alternatives envisagées :

Friendly, helpful staff. Software is nicely designed and easy to use. It's too expensive.

4,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : Overall, I've been very impressed with Bench. The people, organization, resources, and software are top-notch. The price, however, is too much for someone who is self-employed or a small business owner with limited transactions. I understand that you generally get what you pay for, but I don't feel that you get 10x the value over self-managed bookkeeping using Quickbooks, Freshbooks, or Wave bookkeeping software. Excellent product -- it's just not for everyone.

Everyone I worked with to understand and use the bookkeeping software was friendly, professional, and helpful. The dashboard analytics was very easy to understand and is very appealing. I also like that I can export all data into a single workbook (summaries and itemized transactions).

I don't like that the product is so expensive. Depending on how large your business is and how many transactions you're managing, this product may be too expensive. For example, I've used Quickbooks Self-Employed for years and it's under $20/mo. In comparison, Bench (without any promotions) is hundreds of dollars per month. Granted, they are provided professional bookkeeping services as well as the software, but for a business with 50 transactions per month, it is a little overkill. It's really the only thing I don't love about Bench.

il y a 9 mois

Hi Steve, thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that your team has been friendly, professional, and helpful. And that you are finding our User Interface to be appealing and easy to use. We're concerned to hear that you feel as though you are not experiencing the price to the relative value of our product. A member of our Client Success Team will be reaching out to you shortly.

Matt
Services aux consommateurs, 2-10 employés

My first bookkeeper

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : So far it’s been great. Good communication from my team, easy to use software.

I like the user experience, easy to navigate website.

My bank didn’t integrate, not entirely sure that’s Bench’s fault so I don’t want to leave bad marks just for that.

Marie
Founder (É.-U.)
Photographie, Auto-entrepreneur

Alternatives envisagées :

Bench dropped the ball & gave me a partial refund.

Commentaires : I tested Bench out at the end of 2019 and then hired them for my entire 2020 books. In the beginning, they were on top of things. Then, mid-summer they dropped the ball. My account got passed to another team, and they didn't even touch my books for months. It was a mess. I reached out to customer service and they did give me 2 months of a refund, because the customer service rep (who was very kind & courteous) saw what I saw. In December, I requested for my bookkeeper to fix some miscategorized transactions and later asked, "Hey were those fixed?" She said she fixed them, which was a blatant lie! On top of all of that, it took them about TWO MONTHS to do my final end of year books that I could pass onto my CPA. I was told they were uploaded, but then they weren't there when I looked for them. I had to request, "Please upload them again." They apologized and did so right away, but by the time I saw them, thank goodness for the COVID extension, because I literally didn't have my deliverables from Bench until April 2020. My filings would have been late.

Bench is easy to use and navigate. In the beginning, they were fantastic at answering questions I had to help understand how my bookkeeping was being handled. That's about the only good thing I have to say.

I spent more time dealing with Bench all year long than when I was doing my own bookkeeping on a simple spreadsheet. I expected a learning curve in the beginning. They promised it would get easier "as we learn about your business and transactions," but I found month after month that the same transactions got flagged needing my input. Then, when I did thorough checks on my books, I found several transactions not in the right category. The other thing I didn't like was that my bank constantly needed to be reconnected. I truly felt like I spent more time handling Bench than I would've spend just doing my own bookkeeping.

Jacob
Logiciels, 2-10 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

SaaS, but with people you get to know

4,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Bit of a bumpy onboarding with aggressive trials clearly operated by a different team, but so much smoother once you start a subscription and are assigned your bookkeeper.

A pleasant mix of self-service software, with a reliably consistent team who does genuinely get to know my business.

It is a walled garden, so no integrations with any existing software. Leads to a lot of duplicate or redundant content in Xero, Expensify, and other tools I use.

il y a 3 mois

Hi Jacob, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and providing feedback. We're thrilled to hear that your team has been consistent and knows your business. We have also taken your feedback back to our teams internally to see if there are any improvements we can make

Guy
Guy

Life and Business Changing

Commentaires : In the wake of COVID I left the agency I was at to do my own agency. While I had my business as a side-agency for a number of years and applications like Freshbooks and then Quickbooks Self-Employed helped me manage things I dreaded tax season and all the work I needed to do every year. During COVID I had to get my business up and going, get clients, execute projects, and get things done. I had zero time for managing my books. When the end of the year came up I dreaded the work that was ahead of me with several big projects in progress. Then, through the service I use to pay my contractors, I found out about Bench and it has changed my business AND my life. Bench took 15 months' worth of books that needed to be done and assigned them to a "catch-up" accountant. He went through everything, classified all my expenses, and had a simple way to ask me to review anything they need clarification on. They pulled difficult things to deal with like my processing fees from Stripe and instantly accounted for them. On top of that, having an honest to goodness accountant and accounting team to know how to PROPERLY set up a Chart of Accounts and classify expenses was game-changing. This service easily pays for itself in the time it saves me and the peace of mind it gives me.

- An accounting team to get me on track. - Tax resources with their Bench Tax service. - A beautiful interface that is easy to understand and use. - Superb customer service with timely replies to any questions you have. - An easy way to review anything your team needs clarification on, I rarely spend more than 5 minutes a month classifying expenses for them. - EXPERTISE, Bench isn't just software to do your books, THEY are doing your books, understand small businesses and bring accounting expertise at a very affordable price. - Completed my taxes easily and reduced my tax burden, it was the most painless tax process I've had in years.

- Communication early in Bench Tax could be improved but I mostly put this on me for being behind. - Having a separate signon for Bench Tax is a bit of a pain but not a big deal.

il y a 2 ans

We appreciate you taking the time to share this positive experience with us, Guy! We're so happy to hear that the Bench platform, the expertise of your bookkeeping team, and timely client support have taken the burden of bookkeeping and tax filing off of your plate. Thank you for being with Bench, Guy!

Samantha
Samantha
Owner (É.-U.)
Services à la personne et aux familles, Auto-entrepreneur

Alternatives envisagées :

Huge help for an entrepreneur

Bench was critical in helping me with catch up books for tax time. Being able to upload reports easily from my bank and various credit card processors made things so much easier, and the bookkeepers learned quickly how to categorize the transactions. I'm not sure when I would have caught up on my historical books without Bench. Going forward from there has been very easy as well. I've been able to link the reports to my card processing software and bank, and get updates as they have questions. So simple! I find the monthly reports easy to understand and its given me a much clearer picture of my numbers.

The only challenging initial integration was with Paypal- myself and the Bench team member had a hard time linking everything. We resolved it and I didn't have that issue with other accounts. I do wish that this software integrated with my invoicing system, so I could easily see where the profits were coming from. However, I use that system's reports to get a good idea of what's bringing in income.

il y a 2 ans

Hi Samantha, Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review! We're happy to hear that we were able to help get your bookkeeping up to date. We're excited to keep providing a simple and easy bookkeeping experience moving forwards!

Managing Partner (É.-U.)
Formation professionnelle et coaching, 2-10 employés

Its easy and worth it.

5,0 il y a 6 mois

Commentaires : The sales and onboarding team was amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is a champion.

Reconciliation and ongoing communication through the chat is priceless. The teams are fast and handling things in real time is valuable to the process.

I'd hoped my monthly statements would be pulled automatically once I linked my accounts.

il y a 6 mois

Hi Michael, we're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with our sales and onboarding team! I'll be sure to pass it along to the team, I know they will be thrilled! We're excited to keep providing the support you need so you can continue to grow your businesses.

Paul
Paul
PMHNP (É.-U.)
Psychologie, Auto-entrepreneur

Affordable yet Robust Bookkeeping

Commentaires : I have been satisfied with Bench, and it takes a lot off my mind.

The staff at Bench are responsive and helpful. The software is user-friendly. The price is less than most of its competitors.

The bank integration does not always function right with the credit union I use.

il y a 2 ans

So glad to hear we've been able to take some stress off your plate, Paul! Thank you for being with us!

Veronica
CFO (É.-U.)
Construction, 11-50 employés

Satisfied Customer

5,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : I love it. Bench tracks all expenses and the team communicates regarding expenses in question and suggest "expense categories."

I love how user friendly the software is. Everything is easy to upload and the team is able to communicate with you and ask for documents or ask questions.

I have no complaints about any aspect of the software. Very satisfied overall.

il y a 8 mois

Hi Veronica, we're so happy to hear you're loving how user-friendly our software is, and how communicative your team has been! We're excited to keep providing the support you need so you can continue to grow your business!

Founder & Creative Director (É.-U.)
Design, 2-10 employés

Makes My Life as a Small Business Owner So Much Easier

Commentaires : I started my graphic design studio in 2005 managing our books through a part-time bookkeeper who'd come in 1-2x a month and we'd then communicate a few times every week.. This system got us through the first 8 years of our business. Though functional, it was a time-consuming process. We used Quickbooks at the time, and I could never get comfortable using it to manage or understand our business's numbers even though our bookkeeper was serving it on a silver platter essentially. I've always felt Quickbooks was made for accountants, not business owners or individuals. Once can argue, it's supposed to be "accounting made easy", but it's really designed with accounting in mind — not business owners. As a business owner I wanted to quickly understand cashflow and profitability. Whereas Quickbooks seemed to that and much more, it seemed like I was doing my taxes every time I went in there. So I started looking for options and that's when I found Bench. And Bench, even back then, had already provided a service ideal for a small business owner like me. I've been using Bench since 2013 now, and I can't imagine running my business without them. It's allowed me to focus on my clients and design work which are revenue generating tasks, instead of accounting which was an anxiety-generating task.

1) Uncomplicated Interface — For a non-numbers/non-accounting comfortable individual it's great. It provides me access and understanding to our accounting in a very digestible yet informative manner. 2) Accessible Customer Service/Communications — All the interactions I've had have been professional, courteous, and problem solving driven. It's never "No". Instead if a challenge arises, they've always been proactive in finding a way to address the challenge or question providing options. It's also especially great that you can speak with them or chat with them with no barriers. At first I was very concerned about this since our books are the heartbeat of our financials, and i was quickly at ease after the first few calls and chats. 3) Easy — Once our accounts were synced and Bench had a clear picture of how our business worked, it's set-it-and-forget-it. What used to required a few hours every week for me now has become an hour or two a month. 4) Transaction Verification Made Easy — I especially love how they've simplified this process to almost a game.

1) Cash based bookkeeping. This was a struggle in the beginning since we were accrual based initially. However upon working with them and our CPA, we've managed to stay accrual based and set up a system where we do adjusted entries after filing taxes. 2) Not Quickbooks. This is not really a con, but should make it clear that if you prefer to stay on Quickbooks, this is not the service for you. They will provide your books as spreadsheets for your CPA to work with. At first I was nervous about this, but it hasn't been an issue. 3) Turnover with bookkeepers — Over the years, we've had I believe 5 different bookkeepers over the course of 6 years due to turnover or what seems to be internal promotions. It has not negatively impacted our service, but I do wish it was less frequent since at times I'd have to remind the new person some of the subtleties of our account.

Photographie, 2-10 employés

Outsourcing to Bench was a Gamechanger

Commentaires : As a small business we're constantly prioritizing big time spends and deciding what's worth us outsourcing and spending money on rather than time. Bench was one that, as soon as we were set up and going with them, we've never looked back. It is not cheap. But it's worth it for us, no question about it!

We've been using Bench for a few years now and absolutely love it. It can be basically as hand's off as you want. We get an email once a month when they're working on our books, sometimes an extra contact here and there if they provide other documentation throughout the year. And we have our CPA and Bench people in touch with each other which is even more off our plate. As small business owners, bookkeeping used to take a ton of our time, and now it's a breeze. And logging into our account we can look around at where our money is going with a quick glance

I admit we haven't done a ton of digging around in the actual software - our typical use is them contacting us with any categorization questions once a month (and after a couple years there are hardly ever any). I do wish (or can not find how) we could see how much money we're paying/spending on a particular item. So, say, I want to see how much we're spending on just Facebook ads. What I can do is search for "facebook" (and I can specifically search within whatever time period I want, like Q4 2018 or January 2017), but it won't automatically give me a sum of all of those expenses. I CAN see a summary of expenses by category, but by "line item" (like "Facebook" or "AWS") would be even more helpful.

Destiny
Vente en gros, 2-10 employés

Ease of Use and Best Investment Ever

Commentaires : My overall experience is great. this is my second time using them. I had to leave the first time while switching my business format but it’s worth the investment knowing that my books are in order in I can easily track my growth and readjust expenses.

The best thing about the software is hands off. In comparison to other software you have to not only implement the software you have to hire someone to upkeep it/reconcile it every month, whereas this is all in one pricing.

The software may be a little confusing at first but with the customer service they help you navigate how to use the key features. I do wish there was a easier way to download a simple profit and loss and there are some other things that they may not be able to do that you need a CPA for but you at least have all your information in order for the CPA.

il y a 2 ans

So glad we are able to work with you again, Destiny. Thank you for sharing your experience! All the best.

Jon
Restaurants, 2-10 employés

Bench Works!

Commentaires : Overall, I recommend bench to everyone. They do have their shortcomings, but in my experience it can be fixed by not giving so many clients to one person. My current bookkeeper is great and very prompt on delivering my books each month. I hope she sticks around. YMMV, but keep with it, bench is the best out there.

My QuickBooks was a mess. I had brought in duplicate transactions from syncing with square and I was going to need to manually adjust thousands of items. Then I found bench! The bookkeepers are relatively easy to get in touch with when you have an issue; you can book a call, chat, etc. Come tax time the year end summary they put together was amazing. It made filing taxes very easy.

The bookkeepers are spread very thin, and turnover is high. I've been with them a little over a year and I've had 3 different bookkeepers. I had to complain about one of them because he wasn't giving me a complete set of books each month. (They ended up giving a month free while they caught up my books.) It costs much much more than QuickBooks and doing it yourself, and you do have someone knowledgeable doing the work, but all than means nothing if your books are fragmented.

Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

Good start, low customization

Commentaires : Overall, I still recommend Bench if you are starting out and a small business under $1 Million in sales. However, as you grow, I would recommend switching to Quickbooks.

Prior to Bench, we used Quickbooks, and it was lifesaver! We had no idea how to use Quickbooks for bookkeeping and Bench made it easy for us. There was low setup involved and their dashboard was amazing.

As our company grew, we needed more information in our financial statements. At the time, there was low customization with Bench, and we couldn't add or change things in regards to our Profit and Loss statement. Also, at the time, they only did cash based accounting.

il y a 2 ans

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We are constantly looking to improve our service, and listening to your feedback is hugely important to us!

Susan
Services aux consommateurs, 2-10 employés

Great bookkeeping company

Commentaires : Overall Bench has saved me time with preparing all bank reconciliations and year end tax preparation. It's also a stress relief that it's done thoroughly and properly. It's not just one person being accountable for my bookkeeping needs but the company stands behind it.

I like the ease of having my bookkeeping done on a timely basis and not having to think about it until I get a message to review the month. I can then easily go in and make notes of any changes to be made or answer their questions to me. The customer service is excellent as well. They integrate with my payroll company too which saves time.

They don't integrate with my Customer Management System and they don't use QuickBooks which I also use. I process invoices through my CMS which also provides my scheduling, customer profiles, employee payroll reports, etc. I would love it if Bench would integrate their system to it so I can better track invoices. Instead I have to do that through QuickBooks but am only using a small portion of what QB offers since Bench does my bank reconciliation and they don't use QB. So I'm still paying for QB for this part of what I need. I have a daily service company and I process client credit cards daily in addition to tracking some clients that still write checks and a few who pay via ACH. I do that within QB. At this point I'm not aware of a better way if I want to continue using Bench for bookkeeping.

Missy
Founder & CEO (É.-U.)
Médecine douce, Auto-entrepreneur

Takes the hassle work out of financial reporting

Commentaires : Overall Bench has helped me to track and monitor my business financials. Tax seasons has been a breeze the last two years with Bench - something a lot of freelancers struggle with.

- no need to use quickbooks - friendly and responsive staff when issues arise - individual bookkeeper assigned to your account - user interface is friendly and accessible - reporting features are solid - costs less than hiring your own bookkeeper - affordable rates which are advantageous for small businesses

- auto syncing does not connect w Capital One bak accounts which results oftentimes a 2-3 week lag in getting monthly reports back - only retrospective reporting; no prospective budgeting features (need to use separate software) - does not provide tax accounting services; only bookkeeping - cannot easily customize revenue subledgers without discussing w accountant - no categories of fixed/variable expenses - cannot upload documents via mobile devices

Daniel
Biens de consommation, 2-10 employés

AMT Bench Review

Commentaires : Bench allows us to accurately forecast our cashflow with ease.

Right from the beginning Bench made everything extremely easy. My bookeeping is now completely hands-off. Our bookkeeper is always very easy to reach if we have questions and learned our business practices extremely fast.

I wish I could combined the income statement and other reports to stretch over different years. For instance, if we could view December 2020 and January 2021 in one report instead of having to do the math that would be fantastic.

Lizardo
Owner & CEO (É.-U.)

AMAZING SOFTWARE & CUSTOMER SERVICE

Commentaires : I'd definitely recommend this software to all my friends. Easy to use and great customer service. They get the job done. Great investment.

How easy it is to use the software. It shows you all the financial details of your business.

I'm really happy with everything they've done so far.

il y a 2 ans

Thank you so much Lizardo! Our engineering team will be so happy to hear you're loving the software and we're glad we can provide you quick access to important information you need. We love working with you and your business, and look forward to what the future has in store.

Jocelyn
Design, 2-10 employés

Bench Makes Running a Small Company a Breeze!

Commentaires : Bench has made accounting for our small business so simple.
I struggled with other software that had clunky user interfaces (Quickbooks) and a steep learning curve, I needed something that could ensure that my business accounting would be accurate and up to date without it eating all of my time.
Our Bench bookkeepers have all been wonderful - they're fast to respond, give good information and work really well with our accountant. Taxes were a breeze this year after a full year with Bench! I have recommend them to other small business owners and urge you to try them out. You'll wonder what you ever did without them.

Bench makes work simple. The interface is very user friendly and instinctive, reports are clear and accurate. Our accountant can log in easily and the customer service is stellar.

There is literally nothing I don't like about Bench.

Anthony
Machines, Auto-entrepreneur

Satisfaction Guaranteed!!!

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : So far it's been very good. I'm glad that I gave Bench a shot.

The software is very user-friendly. I like how you can isolate your search to specific months or quarters or the whole year. Uploading documents is very simple. Overall using this software is a pleasant experience.

Sometimes it will not pull my bank statements and I have to submit them manually.

l’année dernière

Hi Anthony, we're so happy to hear you're loving the smooth integration and finding the software pleasant overall. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

victoria
VP/Creative director (É.-U.)

Must have for sanity

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : The customer service is helpful with any questions we may have

It's easy to use and understand. Makes our business run smoothly.

Having an accountant that will answer any question you may have with a real explanation is really a dream come true. For anyone who doesn't have accounting background this really is a must have.

il y a 9 mois

Hi Victoria, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We are thrilled that we have been able to give you your time back so you can focus on growing your business!

Danny
Business Owner (É.-U.)
Services financiers, Auto-entrepreneur

Game Changer!

I love that I don't ever have to worry about saving receipts & it has taught me to even be more organized!

Honestly I don't have any negatives on this.

Toni
Produits alimentaires, 2-10 employés

Thanks Bench!

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : Bench has been a life saver running a business is hard and you have to wear a lot of hats and get very little sleep. But, Bench makes the accounting side so much easier.

It is easy to use. It is smart and captures transactions in categories once I have categorized them once which saves me a TON of time.

So, far I haven't found anything I don't like.

il y a 9 mois

Wow! Thank you so much for the glowing review, Toni! It's great to hear that we've been able to give you valuable time back, so you can focus on growing your business!

Internet, 2-10 employés

Quick to get started!

Commentaires : I'm happy to use them overall. I wanted to take this off my place and have someone else manage and they are certainly doing that. They are just a bit slower than I would like.

I really like the balance sheet and income statements.

The support is a bit difficult to deal with. There's 4-5 unnecessary calls for setting up the account and seems to be as disconnect among staff there. I was also cancelled on last minute and had a no show.

il y a 4 ans

Thanks for your feedback. We apologize for the last minute cancellation of your appointment. We know how precious business owners' time is, and we have shared your feedback with the team to ensure that it does not happen again. Thank you as well for referencing the number of calls you had to set up your Bench account. We strive to schedule the minimum number of calls required to get to know your business inside and out, and gather all the information and documents/reports your bookkeeping team needs. We appreciate that the amount of information required to complete bookkeeping can be a bit overwhelming! We're always looking for ways to improve our systems so we really appreciate your feedback. If there's anything else we can assist you with please let us know and we'd be happy to connect you with one of our Client Success reps.