Great project and resource management tool

Publié le 14/11/2019
Grace L.
Designer
Design, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've looked into so many project + resource management tools – from Trello to Airtable to Monday.com – and Avaza is the only one that allows me to create projects, estimate hours, manage capacity, and track time in the same platform, without spending a lot of time configuring it. I was able to set up Avaza using a project spreadsheet I had already created and the whole configuration process was pretty quick.

Avantages: I love that it combines resources management and project management into one tool. Perfect for small design studios and agencies that need to know if their employees have the bandwidth to take on a new project (it also takes into account holiday/vacation time!). I use Avaza to create project estimates for clients, knowing that I can easily import from a spreadsheet and adjust timeline/dependencies once the project is confirmed. All on the free plan, too!

Inconvénients: The UI could be a bit better-designed. There are some things, like the top toolbar design and the navigation menu for projects, that aren't really the best user experience. But then again, I'm a designer. My only complaint is that it's hard to bulk-edit tasks and it's not possible to do so with CSV import; you can't even select multiple tasks to delete, which can be an administrative time suck if you have a lot of tasks to edit/delete from a project.

Delivering Client Projects Is Easy With Avaza

Publié le 24/06/2018
Miguel G.
Design graphique, 2-10 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Avaza is not overly complex, so it cannot accommodate really heavy projects with large teams or complexities. It does, though, provide amazing results for teams with a more direct approach to project delivery. I was able to implement its use in a software development firm that specialized in cloud applications. Specializing in Microsoft's online SharePoint environments, Avaza was the tool of choice to manage projects dealing with migrations and customization of such sites. It did include large projects and small ones, and managed time tracking for billing, as these were on an hourly basis. The features were just right. But because there was no custom coding and developing for which unit testing or QA department involvement, Avaza worked extremely well for them.

Avantages: Avaza has all the core functionality that lets any business successfully manage and deliver client projects. It is not just for development projects. It can be used in a wide array of industries because of this basic general core of features. For starters, Avaza manages contacts and distinguishes them between clients (external contacts) and team members. It uses this to connect projects to its clients and the resources that will be working on these projects. The roles for the contacts are manage in the contacts section as well, allowing the admin to connect just the right resources and the features they need. Adding projects is fairly simple, as well. Create a new project and allocate the client to it. That is it. Then add the necessary tasks for the project, allocating team members from the contact list. You can even group into sections that can represent milestones, features, epics, or any description that fits your project or organizational business needs. Project views can also be customized. You can view projects in a Kanban styled board, as a Gantt chart or even as a list. Team members track time against the tasks until completion and the process is quite simple and straightforward. Avaza also provides team scheduling and provides forecasting capabilities across one or more projects. You can also manage timesheets, expenses and recurring expenses for all the projects in Avaza. Avaza offers the capabilities of providing your clients with quotes or estimates for projects, as well as managing invoicing, recurring invoices, credit notes and payments. And you can track all the work via an extensive library of reports.

Inconvénients: Avaza is not a feature rich product for large enterprises or large projects with large teams, as these must track defects, reworks, testing and a host of other tasks that often have dependencies upon others. This is something Avaza does not manage and trying to track this level of effort is not something that can be done. So, this is definitely for smaller organizations or teams with basic projects.

More than a program, it is an experience for the management of your projects.

Publié le 13/04/2019
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The internal organization is fundamental to be able to fulfill our own goals, and at the same time, with the clients that believe in our commercial offer. Thanks to Avaza we have managed to engage efforts that were not identified to achieve the internal goals, since we implemented it, our level of communication has reached the best levels of communication, which translates into a reduction of time in activities that in the past They took days or even weeks. Since we worked with Avaza there are no missing links of information, we have reached a point that without Avaza it would take years to achieve.

Avantages: One of the things that I liked most, is the interface that they offer to all their users, it is the best for those of us who are more visual when working. Another aspect that many do not know but that I love, is to be able to integrate Avaza with other platforms so that the reach is greater, I have managed to move from one platform to the other without losing time or reducing the value that Avaza gives me. Also, the commercial offer they offer is the most competitive, because you can start your venture without sacrificing all the capital with which you account, and being stable you can know the available improvements so that you achieve new goals within your company. Another functionality that I like, is to be able to have a great integration with email, apart, it allows me to monitor all projects and important events for the company, it is a vital support that greatly improves performance.

Inconvénients: It would be unfair to identify negative aspects, because the capabilities that you offer for your work on anything happens, I have reviewed the platform for a long time and to date, I have not found anything that changes my positive perception about Avaza.

Great Project Management Tool for small teams

Publié le 23/06/2019
Cameron N.
Partner, Marketing Operations
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I found Avaza through G Suite, and I am sooooo glad I did! It is a VERY well full feature application for small teams for the cost. Unfortunately, I no longer have the G Suite account, but I still use Avaza...was NOT about to let it go!
The features are rich, it does a lot, allows for customization and flexibility...and I am sure I still haven't discovered other things it is capable of doing because it was so easy to get in and start keeping track of projects...I honestly haven't had time to go in-depth with other features.
I have a very small company with my partner and it is great. Clients (who do not have PM app experience or technical knowledge) were able to easily get in and understand what they needed to do....it is great!

Avantages: Ease of use, flexibility, features, customization options.

Inconvénients: Add-on costs...I still don't understand how it is that if I add an additional administrator, why they are not part of the Scheduling User as well. If they are an Admin, they should be everything as well. It seems odd.

Streamlining studio processes

Publié le 26/09/2019
Lauren G.
Creative Storyteller
Design, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Before we discovered Avaza, we were seriously looking into designing and developing our own software because we just couldn't find one programme that did everything we needed. It's early days, but I'm very optimistic that Avaza is going to save us from having to take on that huge project!

Avantages: As a young company, we are learning every day. We want the software we use to have a wealth of features, so that our team members only need to have one window open. Previously, we were having to use slack for one thing, 10,000ft for another, and excel to track timesheets. It just wasn't streamlined. We're only very new to Avaza, but so far it looks as though it might be the answer to all our previous issues.

Inconvénients: This isn't a con of the software, as such, but we're used to how we used to do things and now we're having to learn something new, around our actual jobs! So, the change is currently causing extra work, but that will settle down.
As a design studio, we are mostly visual people, so I do find the schedule views quite hard to follow. The team view is actually easier for me, but as a user I don't have access to that. Also, we collaborate daily, so being able to see what everyone is working on would just be an added benefit.

We as a startup company were looking for 360 degree solution.

Publié le 12/04/2018
Jitendra S.
Design, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our startup company PowerPoint Geek. We started using this software from day 1. In between we tried another software and our customers were not happy. The reason was they were not able to pay from other software. Our customer asked to send invoice from Avaza only. As they find it very easy to make payment online from the direct invoice web version link.

Avantages: We found Avaza from google. First we tried a free trial and after that we subscribe for premium. We send customer estimates and invoices from Avaza. Also, whenever someone approves or disapprove estimates is done directly from the online web version of estimates. When we send customer a invoice, he can directly make paypal payment from the web version and it get updated directly to our dashboard. Now we have started using projects to assign task to our designer and that also work great. Live support are quick to reply. PowerPoint Geek are permanent member of this software and we are quite comfortable in using this software.

Inconvénients: No Cons. Really good online software. We have tried many other and found this to be the best. So no cons at all.

Avaza has changed my business and alongside that... life!

Publié le 09/03/2019
Gemma T.
Gemma Thirsk
Design, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The best thing about Avaza is it solves so many problems in one easy to use program that can be accessed from anywhere. Couple this with a Dropbox account and you can access everything you could possibly need from anywhere with an internet connection. They even have a handy app version for your phone and iPad. Currently my whole sales and design process from start to finish runs from Avaza - estimate, management, invoice, payment and follow ups. My life is easier and I am more productive.

Avantages: Project management has become a dream. It is so simple and easy to create and schedule tasks. I can work at a fixed rate or with timesheets easily. Clients can view beautiful estimates and invoices in PDF format or online. The 'pay online' feature is great as it makes it so much easier to get paid - which means less time chasing up invoices!

Inconvénients: I wish Avaza was easier to use in the first instance. After spending some time getting my head round it I have realised it is perfect for what I need but in the beginning I was missing out on some really useful tools as I didn't know about them or didn't know how to use them. Although it is worth mentioning that Avaza's support team are extremely friendly and helpful whenever you have a question. Stick with it, ask the questions and you won't look back.

Great Billing System for Professional Services

Publié le 29/10/2018
Managing Director
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus de deux ans
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great product at a reasonable price. Can help a small company be professional and appear big.

Avantages: 1) Professional Invoicing- electronic or paper options and highly customizable.
2) Time Sheets - These are easy and flexible. Love the copy from prior week feature. Time sheet entry is based on projects I've set up with my clients. Tracks against my budget.
3) Reports - these are helpful to run several times a month to see how I'm performing to budget. I can save my favorites.
4) Customer Service - Staff is always available quickly when I need help.
5) Integrations - Integrates easily with email and PayPal.

Inconvénients: I wish they had a simple workflow or training feature that explained how to initially setup: Inventory Items, Projects, Sections, Tasks and Categories and then explained how they related to invoices and time sheets. I figured it out, but it wasn't intuitive when I started.

Feature rich project management and client billing solution

Publié le 26/08/2019
Andrew S.
Sr. Manager, Engineering
Biotechnologie, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Many features for project management including custom tasks and timesheet categories to standardize information across users. The ability to section off portions of projects and bill for those sections specifically. Easy to use gantt charting. In application communication tools. In-depth custom reporting.

Inconvénients: At first the organization of information is a little confusing and people see it as cumbersome, but after some time its pretty easy. The reports are nice but they have so many options it takes some time to figure out what options will give you what you need. Single project quick view dashboard (time or $$ left in budget, items past due summary) not available, but can get there with custom reports once you figure out how to do it.

Great platform - I saved a lot of time with it

Publié le 04/11/2019
Jonathan B.
Freelancer
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Project management and client management

Avantages: I really like the fact that you can find everything you need in one place. It's help me a lot to organize my time and save time as well. I would definitely recommend Avaza. I tried 5 different platforms in the past few weeks and thats the one that fulfill my needs.

Inconvénients: The only thing that I would like to have an upgrade on is the task management. It would be nice if you can save your time on a task and the task would become "complete" by itself. Sometimes, I look at all my tasks and I'm not always sure if it's done or not. I'm sure Avaza will do something for that.

Awesome Gem!

Publié le 01/10/2019
Jasmine J.
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Services aux consommateurs, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, I really love this platform and would definitely suggest to others for their business needs.

Avantages: I love that this system provided both time tracking and invoicing elements. This definitely helps with quickly providing clients with project and payment information. I also loooove that when calculating the QYT ( in my case I use it as hours), I'm able to include the exact number of hours instead of just whole numbers ( for example: 3:37 vs. 4 and this software calculates my clients cost per my unit price.

Inconvénients: I really wish there were more payment providers for clients to choose from. It would also be awesome if there was an option for creating client contracts, this would be a great template addition.

The most comprehensive free Project Management Tool I know

Publié le 25/08/2019
Hanno S.
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I wanted to plan the founding process of my new agency and AVAZA helped me a lot with it.

Avantages: It's richness on features. Gantt-Charts, easy import and export of data, integrated time tracking.

Inconvénients: It's not as fast and beautiful as other tools.

I enjoy using this app for my team projects. It's one of those apps that makes you so productive!

Publié le 20/12/2017
Owner and CEO
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I realy enjoy this app and the support is great. I guess I would just say that it's to bad it took me 6 hours to find it because if I would of found it first I would of saved 6 hours.

Avantages: I wanted to share my positive experience getting started with Avaza.
I spent about 4-6 hours searching for a system that would enable my team to manage our internal and external projects of ppc ads and email marketing campaign projects. I played with many apps that were missing some of the features I was looking for. I finally came across Avaza and was so happy since it had exactly what I was looking for!
After getting excited about all the valuable features I was amazed to see that support was a top notch 5 star integral part of the service that is on-board 24/7. I was welcomed the minute I logged in followed by another rep. that answered kindly and professionally all my initial questions. I was so happy with the customer service and the wonderful product that I signed up immediately for the webinar that took place the following day. The webinar support agent was very kind and professional and gave me a one hour, one on one webinar answering all my questions and giving me great tips to get started. I see myself using Avaza for many years to come as well as recommending it to all my friends and associates. Wishing all lots of productive and happy moments

Excellent, full of features and inexpensive.

Publié le 29/08/2016
Brendon B.
Mode et vêtements, 51-200 employés
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've been a web development contractor for 5 years. Software for project-planning, time-tracking, invoicing... believe me I've tried them all. Avaza has all of the above rolled into one software. The monthly subscription is pennies compared to what I was spending on multiple other softwares and the time it took to move information around.

Avantages: Avaza is simple, clean, and intuitive. Time tracking is stolen straight from Harvest, time items are straight from project management tasks, and invoices are inherently customizable by populating from tracked time or manually entering expenses. There is also recurring invoicing and online payment links. The Avaza team is always rolling out some new features and honing the UI, plus email or ticket support has been at most an hour delay.

Inconvénients: I used to have a small list of cons, but I sent them as ideas to the Avaza team and they actually built what I needed. Awesome.

Very well featured, value for money project manager.

Publié le 20/07/2019
David G.
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: First class in every way.

Avantages: I liked its overall feature set, it is value pricing and the fact that I can bring clients in on a project with no extra cost. I can drop a screenshot straight into the task fields which is a huge money and time saver for me an us. One other thing to know is that they have support chat in admin and often you get an instant response which is amazing customer service. I am so pleased I made the decision to work with Avaza.

Inconvénients: Really not much that I don't like. I wish I could set automatic reminders for overdue tasks but at least I can go in and run reports.

Avaza user

Publié le 23/10/2019
Angel H.
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great experience all in one capabilities

Avantages: It does exactly what I need it to do when collaborating with customers

Inconvénients: Everything is great nothing to dislike. It offers all I need!

Great for my needs

Publié le 05/09/2019
Karla S.
Art/artisanat, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Im loving it, its helping me saving hours of work.

Avantages: The software is easy to use and makes my life easier. I can have everything I want in just one place.

Inconvénients: Not to many custom options for products and does not set the product number in sequence

Very User Friendly!

Publié le 06/09/2016
Leonda A.
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I was searching for a project management software and combed through several of them to see which one best fit my needs and landed on Avaza. It had everything I needed. The ability to create projects for my clients, send them invoices, upload documents, communicate with my clients on specific tasks and much more.

Avantages: The best feature is that it is very user friendly, great user interface. I needed something that would be easy for my clients to use more than anything and it gave me that.

Inconvénients: There are no any cons that I can think of at this time. The only thing missing is the ability to actually create a proposal document that my clients could review, sign electronically and pay. Avaza has a quote or estimate feature which is really awesome but if I could also get those features I wouldn't have to use any other products such as Adobe Sign. Overall, the best online project management tool out there - hands down!!

Great features and pricing for small startups

Publié le 22/05/2019
Amy P.
Consultant
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are a small, new company with a lot of work to coordinate. We are constantly providing clients with updates on projects and reviewing timelines for deliverables in order to keep ourselves on track. This software allows us to be efficient with our time by seeing where projects are with one quick glance. This also allows either of us to determine if/when we can take on additional work. It has been remarkably helpful to us in a short amount of time.

Avantages: This program has all the functions a small business or non-profit needs to get started with managing a variety of projects and tasks. As consultants, we need the ease of invoicing, tracking hours, and uploading contracts for our clients coupled with a single place to manage the tasks of complex project management. It was very user friendly and easy to get started. I especially liked the variety of visual formats, as I like lists and my partner likes Gantt charts. You rarely get all these features in a free version of this kind of software, but even the paid versions are not very expensive.

Inconvénients: I had a little trouble changing the administrator from one user to another. Also, the storage space is not that much, but you can always link to an outside cloud file using the notes section.

Saves us so much time

Publié le 16/11/2016
Jean-sébastien V.
Co-fondateur
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It does it all. We can punch our work time, skip from task to task and projects to projects and keep track of everything. The billing then grabs everything automatically so we don't forget to bill anything. We used to have a billing system indepedent of our task system. Bringing these together saves so much time. And we're just 2... We do web marketing and web development for small businesses wich means lots of small clients. Cutting down billing time was a must for our growth.

Avantages: Fast and convenient billing
Clear and usefull reports on just about evrything
Convenient time entry
Works well on mobile to enter tasks right after client meetings
Does automatic billing
Can create tasks by forwarding an email to avaza's project email

Inconvénients: Could improve a little bit the customer data so we could also use it has a basic CMS.
Could automate the report sending for weekly KPIs and check-ups.

Project and Client Management with Invoicing All in One Place!

Publié le 25/01/2019
Katie C.
Photographer
Photographie, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Avaza allows me to keep all my clients and their individual projects in one place without sorting through a maze of emails (or worse - missing an email). Since I'm already tracking projects here it makes since to also include my invoicing in the same place. My clients are informed every step of the way and can view and pay invoices from the same place. I believe it is helping me create a better client experience and their customer service has been fantastic!

Avantages: I love being able to manage and collaborate with my clients in one place. It's easy to track my time and expenses and then add them to their invoice. They can view project progress, leave comments, and view and pay invoices. On my end I can easily see tasks in the order they should be done according to their due dates. It's ideal for my job as a private photo editor.

Inconvénients: Avaza has the tools I need but I do have a wishlist of things I'd like to see in the future. For one, the dashboard isn't interactive, so you can't actually click on anything and go to that task - it's just a snapshot. I also wish that there would be more options for notifying clients when project status changes to started and complete. Currently I leave a comment to notify them when things are done.

Fantastic product, even better support

Publié le 07/02/2018
Kevin K.
President / Chief Technologist
Support client

Avantages: The support is just plain awesome. There is someone there to respond to support requests almost all the time even though they are in a timezone that is over a day away. The time tracking portion of the software just works fantastically, the billing is excellent, and it's just very impressive how much this product can do.

Inconvénients: Time is calculated out to 4 decimal places but they don't always show all of the decimals, which can create some goofy reports. There is an option to round the time for billing and reporting but often times we would prefer to adjust the time up or down rather than simply round.

A simple and powerful client and project manager.

Publié le 27/11/2018
Debjit B.
Freelancer
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I just love the simple easy to setup approach. I can set up and start using the software within days, and there are no learning curves. I just used their project management and time tracking which is great. I can recommend my customer/user to use this service so they can simplify their task. I am still trying this and getting some awesome result.

Avantages: Simple and clean setup is what I can set up easily. I like the simple wizard just in front of me and all the process updates are in front of me. The UI is clear simple and just workes as they should be. I love the minimalistic and to the point menu of it. Menu structure is also just in front of me, no more finding or take a note for just a menu. And yes it really does what it tells even in the free plan it is so much initiative then others I have tried. Project management and Time tracking are what I use most of the time and just workes. I am happy that I gave this a try.

Inconvénients: Reports can be improved. I am not very comfortable with the report features. I just get confused and get lost with so much reporting options. Also, I think the report should be under every particular subject.

Great looking app, simple and intuitive

Publié le 23/02/2017
Takashi N.
Market Research Director
Études de marché, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: After looking at several apps, Avaza had an integrated solution that was simple and intuitive, and it's actually affordable. No complicated function add-ons, no over the top services. Definitely the top pick for start-ups like us and still has the functionality you need to run things on a bigger scale!

Avantages: Look. Feel. So easy to use. We love how creating projects and organizing is simple and intuitive, yet leaves room for customization. The timesheet is easy to use since we don't have to tie in every single entry to a task prior to starting. The report options offered as default were helpful too! We have powerful visualizations without having to pay additional for the same thing. Other apps offer similar or even better reports, but with a hefty price tag.

Inconvénients: - Would have liked to assign multiple people to one task.
- The task status only offers "not started", "in Progress", "completed", but would love to have a completion bar (i.e. 60% status completion)
- Customizable reports? Would be nice.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Avaza Software le 06/10/2017

Hi Takashi,
Happy to inform you that you can now enter a percentage complete on tasks, and it is visible in all Task views. :)

Avaza is absolutely amazing

Publié le 14/12/2018
Quintus D.
Founder & Managing Director
Conseil en gestion, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The software is really amazing in that I have used it for so much more than what I initially anticipated. I now use it for recurring invoices too and managing support contracts. It is so easy to use overall

Avantages: The huge list of functionality and ease of use. Great set of standard reports. The software replaces a few other tools - project management, financial, timesheets, tracking expenses, reporting

Inconvénients: I feel the project scheduling part of the software can be enhanced and the Gantt Chart view. That does not mean that it is not useful - it just does not work easily when the plan changes or for advanced scheduling