Not Much Competition

Publié le 01/08/2019
Liam M.
People Operations Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Everything has been fantastic from the Customer Success-led implementation process to it being deployed to our users. Multiple compliments on the feasibility of use since purchasing.

Avantages: From both the administrative and user perspective, the ease of use and just overall depth of what you can create with the product is very impressive. It allows a great amount of customer support to be automated and simplify it's delivery via articles and a knowledge base that'll continually grow. Although it's not the biggest feature, as a user, I love that it's focused on getting you an answer/resolution the quickest way possible given the same entry method. Type "adding users" in an application with Intercom support will quickly both deliver you articles that can potentially solve your problem or will also quickly deploy a CSM to you to answer it directly in case it was a bit more complex. Best part though is the feedback cycle, you're typing exactly what you want to know into the application and if no articles return: New Content Topic.

Inconvénients: Theres really not much. I've run into situations where it was wrongly applied within other organizations and not properly resourced, giving a less than average experience. But that's not as much specific to Intercom themselves. Given they are the industry leader, it can come at a premium for a larger organizations.

Complete Package

Publié le 13/12/2019
Peter C.
Dir. User Experience
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We had the opportunity to start fresh with a new ticket system/knowledge base so were shopping around. We came across Intercom and never looked back. While it has those things it is so much more being a central place to manage all our client related communications. It is by far the application I use most day-to-day.

Avantages: Using Intercom has been an amazing experience. It is well thought out, full featured and continues to improve all the time. It has become an essential tool to communicate with our leads/clients. What is great is we can reach them (and they reach us) wherever they are: our website, in our web app, our mobile apps, email, etc.

Inconvénients: While it starts off cheap depending on the features you choose to use and your volume it can start to get expensive quick. I'm not saying the product still doesn't provide value (it absolutely does) just if I had to pick what I liked least I would say cost.

envoyé par Intercom le 18/12/2019

Hi Peter,

We really appreciate you leaving us a review and are so happy to hear Intercom is an essential part of your customer communication.

Thanks also for your feedback on pricing. We work really hard to align our pricing to the value you are seeing. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss your subscription options with us.

A Great Lead Capture

Publié le 15/10/2019
Jennie Z.
Marketing Manager
Internet, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Makes customer communication and customer acquisition easier. I wish the chat flows were more advanced and customizable. There was definitely a learning curve with the chat flows. Also, I don't believe I can export contact information with my leads.

Avantages: -Capturing emails and names
-Integrating to Hubspot and other software for easy lead closure
-Creating chat flows allows us to communicate to customers faster and saves us time

Inconvénients: -Would like to combine actions on Intercom
-Hubspot Integration is not perfect; would like to have specific field matching
-Chat flow capabilities are limited

Awful product with terrible support

Publié le 25/10/2019
Tasha D.
Director of Customer Success
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Support was terrible. They often provided 'create something custom through our API' as the solution to most of the inadequacies of the product. They also rarely listen or read the problem correctly and I would spend a bunch of time trying to implement the solution they provided only to find out it didn't meet any of the criteria I provided. You know its bad when a support tool lacks good support!

Avantages: Admin interface is visually appealing. Widget is not.

Inconvénients: Lacks basic/rudimentary functionality. Simple things like auto triggering a message at the company level when specific criteria is met is not possible. Tagging system is not easy to use and lacks basic features. Can't customize inboxes as needed. I felt like you product blog was so delightful that your product would be the same but it felt like you weren't living your word. Nothing was easy on this product.

Integral to our support team

Publié le 04/12/2019
Hannah S.
Customer Success Associate
Gestion de l'enseignement, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall it's been great! I came into my office shortly after we switched from our previous platform and it's apparently been quite the upgrade.

Avantages: -Provide great support (would be super ironic if they didn't)
-Make it really easy to train other people on the platform
-Reporting options since we moved to Inbox Pro have really improved
-Now that we've figured out the tags, we're getting super great data.

Inconvénients: -The way they set up how you pick your hours of availability really annoys me
-While not common, we have experienced issues that we're pretty sure aren't user error (ie. need to refresh your page after turning on your beeping sound)
-A lot of the integrations require you to share out the emails of all of your clients which is annoying

envoyé par Intercom le 05/12/2019

Hi Hannah, thanks so much for this review. I'm so happy to hear you're getting great use out of our tags - they're a game changer!

I've passed your feedback on availability settings and integrations to our product teams. Comments like these really help us continually improve our product. The issue you've seen with your audio notifications sounds odd to me so please do get in touch via the messenger if it happens again.

Kate - (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Can't live without!

Publié le 27/10/2019
Kamel N.
Product Lead
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: If your business can afford this, definitely go with it!

Avantages: There is a bunch of reasons why I love this product:
- User Experience is so well crafted
- Relating the user data in the conversation makes things connected
- The mobile app helps replying quickly to users
- The different use cases they solve (ending with the latest one: Product Tours)
- Their E-books are so insightful

Inconvénients: The worst thing about Intercom is the pricing plan!
Honestly, they are becoming so so expensive. If I want my business to rely on it, I will pay a lot of money!
Even if I'm in a small business, I must pay.

Best live chat solution on the market

Publié le 21/11/2019
Christopher C.
Marketing
Photographie, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Intercom provides an unmatched quality of UX, front-end UX, pop-up, user tracking, and CRM integration and control. Many other solutions try to provide an in-app CRM, however, Intercom has truly perfected it.

Inconvénients: We have loved most parts, coming from a different product we would like to be able to customize the widget itself. Additionally, the ability to customize your mail-from domain rather than their user-generated domain which doesn't look pretty.

envoyé par Intercom le 27/11/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Intercom Christopher! It's so great to hear you're finding success with our solutions.

I also have some good news for you. You do have the option to customize your messenger, and you can also change your outbound email address to your own custom domain. I'll contact you directly with the details.

Kate - Customer Engagement

A must have for growing products

Publié le 03/12/2019
Brendan O.
Sales and Partner Enablement Lead
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Wonderful experience, I really enjoy using the product (even on other companies websites/products!) and would highly recommend.

Avantages: Intercom is reliable, fast and feature-rich. We implemented very early in our product and it allowed the Customer Success, Sales, Marketing and Product teams to understand product usage and communicate with customers easily.

Inconvénients: Some of the filtering can be cumbersome but that is mostly based on learning curves. Once in place, they are simple to reference and manage.

envoyé par Intercom le 09/12/2019

Brendan thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm so happy to hear that your teams are finding success with our solutions. I'll make sure to share this with everyone here, it will put smiles on a lot of faces!

Software you need to keep connected customers with your service

Publié le 03/12/2019
Jovan M.
Head Of Marketing
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great customer support team in Intercom which is obvious because those people developed one of the greatest customer support tools ever.

Avantages: The perfect tool for customer support, communication, and overall customer management. Collaboration between team members withing the Intercom going smooth and with almost no struggle. We always know who works on what, when something is finished and what waits to be finished.

Inconvénients: Bugs sometimes occur on the Android app and the app suddenly stops working. Which can make confusion when I need to finish something immediately.

envoyé par Intercom le 05/12/2019

Thank you so much for your review Jovan, and I'm delighted to hear that your team are enjoying our collaboration features!

I've sent your feedback on the Android App to the mobile team in here so they can look into it.

Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Perfect way for visitors on your site to speak with you quickly and easily

Publié le 23/10/2019
Brett M.
Business Development Representative
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have had a great experience and I really hope they keep implementing this fantastic solution.

Avantages: My favorite solution that intercom provides is if someone ends up leaving your site, you can still send a message through intercom and it will be delivered to the visitor through email! Also, it gives you the ability to use gif's if that is your style

Inconvénients: I love this product 100% and highly recommend it, but if I have to come up with something I like least it would be that roughly once a week, it will take like 30-45 seconds to load the system (which isn't a big deal) and it is very random when it does it

The really bridge the gap between customers and our service

Publié le 06/08/2019
Nathaniel P.
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Their customer success team is great, even on the days when I'm not the most gracious customer. I even try to emulate some of their practices because I feel heard as a customer when I suggest features or report what I think could be bugs in the system.

Avantages: The ability to converse with our customers quickly and seamlessly between email and the messenger app is great. They've thought through this feature set very well and it brings us very close to our customers and we are able to convert leads very well through this service too. Other similar apps function the same, but their UI/UX is lacking compared to Intercom. The actual feel of the app is clean and friendly and dare I say...even fun to use. Customer success at Intercom is also excellent, they've got our backs and I appreciate it (although getting paired with someone in a vastly different time zone can hold up ticket times on our end).

Inconvénients: There are some gaps in the help center and email features. It would be ideal to create/edit documents in a manner closer to Microsoft Word or Google doc, as those are the standard for editing documents these days. Little things like not being able to create a list inside of a document the way I would in other apps can be frustrating, but there is usually a workaround of some sort that will suffice (I'm just picky). It would also be nice to only be paired with their team members in our time zone. Working in the US and then being helped by a team member from Australia means our ticket times take much longer and conversation is hard to do in real time.

Lots of Features but Frustrating When Messages Get Lost

Publié le 26/01/2019
Operations Specialist
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our team used intercom to support a large team of contractors that would frequently visit our website and work with us on a regular basis. We frequently use the "segment" feature to learn more about our population and to send out messages to certain segments. We also used a variety of integrations. For example, we used upscope.io so that we could immediately screenshare with any user who was on our website if they sent us a message on intercom that they needed help. The user would get a popup asing if they want to let the administrator view their screen and they just need to click "ok." That's it. It's that easy. Upscope.io integrates directly with intercom. You can also add Google Calendar to intercom so that intercom users can schedule a call with a teammate directly.

Avantages: Intercom allows for various quasi-queries, integrations, and outound messasges to your users. This is very helpful and is not available in all of the other customer support platforms that I have used. You can find out information about your customer population. You can send messages to only CERTAIN "segments" of your customer population. You can also integrate with a WIDE variety of other softwares to really up your customer support game.

Inconvénients: Intercom does not show all of the user messages together unless you open their profile OR they send their message as a response. So, for example, if a customer sends you a message, then 10 minutes later they create a new chat and send a new message, those messages are not linked togather unless you open their profile. I have had the experience of different agents answering the two messages or of answering one message only to see that the same user had sent a correction to their message. This is very frustrating. It can also be difficult for users to locate the knowledge base which leads to more inbound messages. Intercom is trying to solve this by bot responses, but this is something you may have to pay for.

Intercom is The Best chat/support tool available

Publié le 22/11/2019
David P.
Expert Community Lead
Logiciels, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The business problems we are solving using Intercom are managing incoming requests and sending in-app messages and emails. And Intercom does this with flying colors. Regardless if a user messages us live on our site, via email, or even Facebook, our support team is easily able to reply and help. It also integrates perfectly with our app to provide full visibility of a user easily accessing their profile to gain deeper insights to assist the user even more effectively. There's a reason Intercom is growing so quickly; because it's a great product and is built with quality.

Avantages: What I like most about Intercom is how easy it is to jump in and begin assisting users with their questions and requests. It's been an invaluable tool for communicating with our users (both clients and developers) on Codeable and we've been relying on it 365 days a year for 5+ years straight. There are so many new features they keep releasing which are often things we didn't realize we need until we tried them and discovered we can't live with them.

Inconvénients: For the size of our support team and number of messages we send, Intercom is one of the more expensive SaaS products we use. There are other services that may manage a support center better, but those don't provide the same quality of live chat, self-serving help center, or messenger bots that Intercom provides. While cost is a consideration for all companies, we feel Intercom is still the best value for the money and are happy paying the price for all the value it brings us.

envoyé par Intercom le 28/11/2019

A big thank you from the team here at Intercom for your kind words David!

Adds Much More Value Than You Realise

Publié le 29/08/2019
Kyle T.
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: While the price tag for Intercom is not small, especially for startups launching their first mobile app versions, it has consistently proven to be one of the most valuable assets for teams in terms of user support, communication & out-of-the-box development readiness.

Avantages: The in-app chat feature (with its cross-platform support for React Native and Ionic) is absolutely the biggest differentiator for Intercom. It is a critical part of our day-to-day operations & every client that has gone the route of implementing it with us has been hugely surprised by the large amount of value it adds to end users.

Inconvénients: We are facing ongoing complications differentiating identified and unidentified users. The experimental API available for Android seemed to be heading in the right direction to solve this, but we haven't seen updates on the stub implementation for iOS in over a year (https://github.com/intercom/intercom-ios/blob/master/Intercom.framework/Headers/Intercom%2BExperimental.h).

Small SAS Use

Publié le 26/11/2018
Community Manager
Immobilier, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our main use for intercom is tier 1 chat support. Our users know that this is the fastest way to get ahold of us. In lieu of using a chatbot we've gone in and created a bunch of quick responses that we can go in and edit. This has cut down on the amount of time we spend chatting with a customer and it allows us to control the message that we are sending out across the board. We've also used campaigns to let our users know of new product releases and have sent out Net Promoter Score Survey's out in a campaign. I'd like to note that we do not use Intercom as a CRM for leads on enterprise accounts.

Avantages: Intercom is really easy to set up and importing users into the software is really simple. It's nice to be able to create an online library of help articles and have it available for our users to find. The chat feature is what we use most and our users definitely enjoy how easy it is to reach out to us.

Inconvénients: Our customers have a difficult time closing out of conversations or seeing actions on our screen that need to be taken on the right hand of the screen. The chat box will often times cause them to become more frustrated as they need to open and close the chat as we give instructions. The close button is in a circle under the chat, which is a spot that most people don't usually look for. There are a few customizable things that we'd like to see. Like the ability to create custom out of office messages or include holiday messages to let our users know we're either out of office or responding slowly.

The best option for LIVE CHAT and Support

Publié le 06/01/2020
Tito C.
Freelancer
Art/artisanat, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Intercom is the lease in the industry and that’s because is the best in Livechat and support software. I’ve tried a lot of services before, cheap and expensive and I can say intercom worth every penny and it’s the option that has given to me the best results.

Inconvénients: Nothing found until now. It’s really complete and well done solution.

envoyé par Intercom le 08/01/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review Tito. It's great to hear that Intercom is helping you drive results for your business.

Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

All our support team is using it

Publié le 05/09/2019
Oliver A.
Founder & CEO
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Ease of use is really great. We have hundrets of conversations with our clients every day using this tool.

Inconvénients: Their pricing. Not only is it expensive, they have changed their pricing plan about 4x in 2 years. Furthermore it's very complex to understand.

Fast and easy

Publié le 08/08/2019
Sylvina R.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We used the chat system for our support team and Intercom made is super easy to get going. The chats were like personalized messages and we could set up introductory or absence messages for a duration set up. Automation is great.

Inconvénients: No reporting at all. They have reports within the system which is not editable and if you want to download and run your own reports, it is not possible. Makes it difficult to audit.

Best software for proving support

Publié le 30/12/2019
Fernando P.
Support Manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Coundn't be better. Today I cannot imagine our daily support activies without this software.

Avantages: Its hard to say what I like the most, since are so many great features. Still, I believe the Inbox module is by far the great thing about it, since it allows a direct communication with clients.

Inconvénients: A couple of months ago articles sharing was changed on the inbox feature. Now, when you share an article via conversation the client cannot open it on a separate page. This is terrible for most clients, a source of great complain.

envoyé par Intercom le 08/01/2020

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for leaving us this review. It sounds like you're getting real value from the platform, especially the team inbox! Make sure to keep an eye on our Intercom Academy page as we'll be releasing a new course designed specifically for Support Managers in the coming months which I think you might like.

I'll also make sure to pass your feedback regarding Article sharing to the appropriate product team.

Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Easy-to-use tool with great features to make supporting customers a breeze!

Publié le 12/11/2018
Alexis D.
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We have been able to resolve customer questions in a much quicker time simply because we can access help articles quicker, get other team members in on the conversation more easily, and use integrations like co-browsing and attaching help articles to resolve a problem more quickly. Overall, Intercom has been a great experience compared to our past customer support apps and we are happy to be using this to improve our customer's experience in our app.

Avantages: It is great to have the ability to do so many things within one app: chat with our customers, write help articles, link help articles to our customers, send out messages to groups of people, easily find previous conversations, and create reports to monitor our progress. Intercom has really made our support workflow simple and much less confusing than other software tools we have used. They also integrate with a number of different tools (GitHub, ZenDesk, Upscope co-browsing, etc.) so anything that Intercom can't directly do, we can find a way to do through an integration.

Inconvénients: The Customer Support response times from Intercom are a bit long, but the team is always helpful and resolves any questions we have. I also wish the Articles were a little more built out - they just have some simple feature there, and it would be nice to have a more robust help center with the flexibility to format our articles the way we want and organize the collections differently.

Industry leader in category of customer communication

Publié le 04/12/2019
Peter P.
Product Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Intercom has grown to become an (almost) 1-stop-shop for all things customer communication related. Both sales, customer support, product etc. can benefit from directly using Intercom to communicate with your applications customers.

Avantages: A powerful platform that allows to view your customers session and meta data, instantly send targeted messages and set up email/in-app messaging campaigns, create help desk articles for self-service, automate workflows with bots and rules, onboard your application

Inconvénients: The increase of features and modules have brought the complexity of the software up. It's easy to get up and running (require 1 line of code), but the road to fully adopting the suite of tools is long.

envoyé par Intercom le 09/12/2019

A huge thank you for taking the time to leave this review Peter. I'm extremely happy to hear that you are seeing the benefits of using Intercom for your customer communication.

Thanks also for letting us know about your setup feedback. Even as our solutions evolve and become more powerful we aim to keep setup as straightforward as possible.

Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Intercom Is (mostly) Great!

Publié le 25/04/2019
Scott B.
Customer Service Lead
Mode et vêtements, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use Intercom daily to help diagnose and solve a multitude of customer issues. As an admin, I have the ability to monitor chats, provide internal notes within the chat in real time for trainees, and make sure everyone is offline at the end of the day. There are a few flaws and Intercom WILL send you far too many emails, but overall this is a great chat tool for any customer service business.

Avantages: Using Intercom as our ECOM site's chat service has been very helpful! On the customer service team, we are immediately given the contact information needed to properly help a customer. Using Intercom alongside Zendesk has also been a huge improvement over our old chat/ticketing software as they work very well together. Our team also utilizes custom and team macro responses to give fast, accurate answers and assistance. Also, giphy integration!

Inconvénients: The default setting on Intercom has keyboard shortcuts turned on. It seems like most of them immediately close the chat. This can be easily solved by turning them off, but it is not made obvious on how to do so. Once they're off, it's smooth sailing! We have two customer service teams, and we often have agents going back and forth between the two. We use Intercom for both. The other downside is that it is impossible to be available on one and away/reassign on the other. You can keep it open in two tabs, but that's more of a workaround than a solution.

I'm so glad we switched to Intercom!

Publié le 20/11/2018
Thomas Y.
Lead Technical Support Engineer
Services sans fil, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It is a tool that was built by its users, meaning the people who build it also use it. I can begin to describe how important this is.
They have not limited themselves to what others are doing and have rethought the entire process f customer support to build what everyone wanted. A useful, effective tool which makes customer support fun to do as a job as well as receive. We often get asked by our customers what support tool we use. We love intercom!!

Avantages: It's a tool that gives you what you need and it does it well.
They are ahead of the game in all ways.
It makes customer success seamless and proactive.
It's a multi-tool.
It's changed the way people perceive customer support because it makes it fast, effective and fun.
They write their own books (Awesome!) and they host seminars to help use the tools better.

Inconvénients: They take a while to release new features, this is no surprise as companies will need different things.
It does not have a merging tool to link conversations to the person already in the system. Sometimes you get duplicate leads/users.
They can take a while to respond to support inquiries.
They changed their pricing structure which, when it was priced per lead and not per agent, made intercom stand out

A good, cost effective platform to interact with customers

Publié le 24/07/2019
Digital Marketing Manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use Intercom in conjunction with Crisp Chat, and while Intercom is an 8 out of 10 (vs. Crisp's 5 out of 10 score), there are still some aspects left to be desired. Their knowledge base functionality is great, and the look and feel of it can be customized to best help customers. Chats can be displayed on our website in three main forms, which is helpful to be able to market/inform customers in fun new ways to keep them interested.
It's a good, and useful software, but it's not as robust as Drift. All in all, a good product that we are "happy" with, but not 100% satisfied with since some business functions are impacted by certain limitations.

Avantages: The ability to send email campaigns, set up notification/chat campaigns and live chat with customers.

Inconvénients: The one MAJOR negative aspect to this product is that once someone qualifies for a campaign, even if the campaign is deactivated, the person will continue to get the contents of the campaign until it is finished, or the campaign is deleted. *Note, if the campaign is deleted, all reporting and data tied to it will be deleted as well.

A very simplistic tool to connect with your users.

Publié le 29/08/2018
Carlos L.
Operations Lead
Gestion de l'enseignement, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, my experience with Intercom has been great. It's very easy to set up and get it running on your site and it's very user-friendly from your customers/leads side. There are a lot of improvements that can be made but their support team is very approachable and helpful.

Avantages: - The interface is very straightforward, You get messages from users and you reply.
- It allows you to snooze messages so you can focus on messages that are your priority.
-There are a lot of customizable options so you can make Intercom more like your company and less like Intercom.

Inconvénients: -While metrics are simple and easy to follow, there should be more in-depth information like real response time. They use a "median response time" metric which to be honest is very confusing.
-There should be a limit on how many conversations a user can open. If a user wants, they can open unlimited conversations which can be a pain for your support team.
-There should be an option to delete messages in bulk.

envoyé par Intercom le 31/08/2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Carlos. It's much appreciated. Just wanted to double-check - it's the ability to close conversations in bulk that you would require. Or do you mean delete conversations to they don't show up in your metrics?