Great time keeping app

Katrina L.
Event Specialist
Biens de consommation, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great app, check in and out with accuracy, keep in contact with supervisors and can submit photos for proof of visit if not using GPS.

Avantages: I am an Event Specialist with Deluvia Inc, they upgraded from emailing and faxing my time sheets in to this system. They are out of state so this is a great way for them to keep up with my time while doing "Road Shows". I arrive at my location, open the app and sign in, my employers do require me to attach photos so I snap a photo of the store front before entering. While there, I setup my samples and take a few photos of my presentation to attach when I clock out. I like that I can see my schedule, even though I already know my Road Shows are 11 days back to back for each demo. It takes out 39 minutes for my lunch and keeps up with my total hours so I can accurately calculate my check. They can leave messages after each shift end set of photos. I have seen a few where they wanted to see different angles or my face more throughout my presentations. I've also been told my samples looked yummy, I left messages and asked questions that were answered. This is a good app to have when your employer is out of your area.

Inconvénients: The only thing I found odd was I could log in anytime during my employment, but couldn't do so between Road Shows. I wanted to look at my schedules and could gain access to the app. Other than this hiccup, the app works fine. Deluvia gets my time and there are no shortages on my check.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 24/01/2019

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear that you're using our smartphone app as well as our notes and photos on punches feature. We have a few limiting options for employers and that is why you weren't able to login while outside of the show. Thanks again!

Great Product!

Publié le 09/10/2019
Tara L.
Practice Manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Buddy Punch has been a super efficient business solution for our office. It is very user friendly. The integration with Quickbooks has streamlined our payroll which has been a huge plus. Most importantly to me as the administrator who's been responsible for the complete set up and training of all staff- the Buddy Punch customer service team has been absolutely outstanding!

Avantages: The software is easy to use with only very minor quirks.

Inconvénients: I appreciate the updates to scheduling but even with the new templates, I'm still not able to schedule as efficiently as I would like. I would love to be able to set a master schedule for each user and edit individual days from there as necessary. My team typically works a pretty set schedule so to have a template per person would be ideal. It seems that's not quite the functionality of the new template feature.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 10/10/2019

Thank you Tara for the review. It is great to hear that our QuickBooks integration has been helpful to your business. Thank you for the feedback, recurring items on the schedule is coming up as a new feature as well. Thanks again!

Easy and easily accessible from anywhere!

Publié le 07/08/2017
Xenia H.
Business Administrator
Cabinets médicaux, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Ease of use for employees and administrator alike

Avantages: I love many things about this software!
1) It is self-explanatory. Even the most technically-challenged employee can figure out how to use it, for the most part.
2) Edits are made by the employee, and approved by the administrator where other programs require the administrator to make all the changes. This can be daunting depending on how many edits and how many employees there are that need them in a single pay period. With BuddyPunch, it's super easy to get employees to take responsibility for their own errors and edits.
3) This program is available even when our electricity goes out or our server goes down. And it doesn't take up any space on our server. The other time clock software we used to use was always a challenge for our IT experts to reload when they were doing updates due to the amount of space it took up on our server and because it wasn't updated to current technology standards available today. Employees are even able to clock in when they're outside the office doing work.
4) I like that employee messages and their times show up in the same report.

Inconvénients: The time card reports are what I like least about this software. Each employee's time card report has to be downloaded separately. I would prefer that all employees show up on one report for more convenience. I end up copying and pasting each employee's excel report into one excel spreadsheet each pay period.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 07/08/2017

Thank you for your review Xenia, we appreciate you taking the time! Thank you for pointing out all of the features in your review, including the editing ability for employees and the approval on your end. This can be an overlooked feature that I know helps when managing employees. Also thank you for the feedback on the time cards, we'll look into making that a batch process. Also take a look at the Payroll Export, which is another report that shows time worked for each employee each pay period, it usually provides the data you need. Let us know if you need anything else, and thanks again!

Excellent Customer Service

Publié le 10/06/2019
Susan I.
Produits alimentaires, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Whenever I have a question that I can't find in the FAQ or a billing issue, they are super friendly and quick to respond. I even accidentally got charged for a full year subscription when I wanted to go monthly, and they refunded me immediately after contacting them. CSR is very helpful, and always quick to respond!

Avantages: I like that you can require a photo and location for your employees when clocking in, and can monitor them pretty easily. It is really easy to set up, and you can put extra data in your employee files to have it all in one place. I also like that I can assign managers over certain employees, so they can monitor their own departments and approve accordingly. The facial recognition feature is super helpful when a bunch are clocking in on one device!

Inconvénients: I find the navigation of the site is a little complicated at times. I tend to have to look around for a few minutes or hit the help to find a certain feature that I am looking for. Most of the time they have the feature, I just can't remember where I found it last time. The app isn't super helpful as the administrator. It is much easier to approve time-cards and review employee activity through the website vs the app. (The app is pretty much good for clocking in purposes only.) Wish that your facial recognition picture worked for punching in even if you use the "log in" feature vs the "punch" one. (Currently you have to take two pictures when using the "log in" with facial rec. option for punching in.)

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 11/06/2019

Thank you Susan for the review! It is great to hear that you're finding our customer service excellent and that we've been easy to setup and have all the features you are looking for. Thanks for the suggestion on Facial Recognition - we use the same photo when punching in directly but you are right, if you log in first then you take another picture. Also you can approve time cards on the app, but there's a lot of information to review so I can understand how using the web is a lot easier. Thanks again!

Good Product

Publié le 08/08/2019
Josh W.
Board Operator
Médias de diffusion, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It has a very simple interface, easy to punch in and out as well as check timecards. I think both the desktop version and the smartphone version were well-designed. It doesn't try to do too much and make things complicated, since the main purpose is just to clock in and out, and it efficiently allows the user to do exactly that.

Inconvénients: I don't really have any complaints. Maybe the only thing I don't like is that any time I have to make an adjustment (perhaps I forgot to clock out and it automatically logs me out after 11 hours, or I have to adjust a past day's time) it keeps it at "pending" and requires approval from my supervisor. This makes sense, but I'd make one exception- If I'm adjusting the time stamp to shorten my hours, I think it would make sense to not require supervisor approval. Obviously an employee suddenly changing their clock-in times to appear longer should require a supervisor's approval, but shortening the time seems to me like it shouldn't need approval. Or, allowing the employer to decide the settings to assign which situations do or do not need supervisor approval (or perhaps this is already the case and my employer just set it up this way, I'm not sure).

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 09/08/2019

Thank you for the review Josh, it is great to hear that you're finding both the website and our smartphone apps well designed and easy to use. In regards to permission for changes yes your administrator controls whether or not you need approval. Thanks again!

Absolutely stellar customer support, works exactly as advertised

Publié le 20/11/2017
Kate B.
HR Staff
Support client

Avantages: The Customer Support team is super responsive, thorough, and effective. Their support software allows for much quicker response times than you could get on the phone. Their team is knowledgeable about my organization and the way that we use the platform - I have received many helpful suggestions to how we can best leverage the BuddyPunch platform in our sometimes complicated organizational structure. We have had very few issues, but have always received immediate resolutions when anything has come up. The software is straightforward and well-run, and was easily understood by our team of 55+ non-technical staff of all ages. I appreciate that new releases are well-tested before they are launched and free of bugs - the BuddyPunch team does a great job of maintaining the integrity of the application while continuing to add more value to the software frequently. We have had consistent experiences on the web version as well as iOS and Android apps for the life of our subscription.

Inconvénients: I would like a little more flexibility in reporting outside of the confines of the predefined reports.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 21/11/2017

Thank you so much for the review Kate. I'm glad that we're providing an easy to use solution and that you find our support quick and knowledgeable! I'm glad that you're also taking advantage of our smartphone apps and I appreciate your comments about a bug free experience. We do our best to thoroughly test everything we release. Also thanks for the feedback on our reports, we are looking to add additional reporting options in the future. Also if needed we do have an API that can be used to integrate with. Thanks again!

Works the way it is advertised. Learning curve was minimal.

Publié le 30/10/2017
Stephenie W.
Project Assistant
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This software is a great alternative to paper records, especially for a small company that has hourly employees. I have no idea how easy/hard setting up accounts is, but for me--a regular employee--it works wonderfully. If I knew someone starting their own business, or someone who has their own business, I would recommend this product.

Avantages: When I made user errors (like forgetting to clock out) the software had built in measures to rectify my mistake. I forgot to punch out, and it has a feature to leave notes for your boss. You can also edit a punch after you make a mistake (just needs to be approved by your boss) So if you get excited and start working before you clock in? No problem. Just punch in and edit the time to an earlier time of the day. Then wait for your boss to approve the changes. It says I can review punches from previous weeks, but I haven't had time to explore that feature yet.

Inconvénients: I didn't devote a lot of time to explore the software, so it took a full work week to figure out what it had to offer beyond punching in and out. Software seems great! I've only been using it for two weeks. I don't have complaints about the software. Any issues I faced were from a lack of understanding how it functioned, and I was able to figure it out on my own (for example: I forgot to punch out, and the next morning when I saw the error it showed me punching in and out at what seemed to be random times during the night) Biggest complaint: the company sent me emails asking me to review the product the very first day I used it, and I personally think people need a few days--up to a week--to familiarize themselves with the software (at least enough to write a review)

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 31/10/2017

Thank you Stephanie for the great review, I'm glad your'e finding us easy to use and that you're finding our built in features to be helpful, such as forgetting to clock in or out. Also, sorry for asking for a review so fast! I appreciate your honest feedback. Thanks again for the review and for your recommendation.

How good is buddypunch?

Publié le 10/09/2016
Mike L.
Administrator
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Turns out its preetttyyy gooood. Was looking for an app that helped manage employee punching in/out for small businesses and did a bunch of trials before finding BuddyPunch. The other apps that I found were often not what I was looking for or did not have a focus on employee punch-in/outs. Found buddypunch and it does exactly what I need it to. The UI is very well designed, the administrator makes employee accounts and employees just go to the website, log in, and push the big green button. They then log in again to punch out but the big green button will be a big red button this time.
Very simple, very easy, does employee punch-ins, does it well. Also got an IP-Lock feature so employees can only punch in on-site.
There are some other features like wage calculations based on punch-in time, overtime stuff, and other things that I don't use but they seemed pretty useful if I ever choose to use them.

Avantages: Good design Easy to use Intuitive Focused on employee punching in and out. No gimmicks you have to do, no hoops you have to jump through to get it going.

Inconvénients: People can only be automatically punched out after X hours. Not X and a half or X and a quarter. But you set the X so I got that going for me which is nice.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 12/09/2016

Thank you Lei for the 10/10 review! We really appreciate the thought you put into it and the highlighting of some of our features. I'm glad that the User Interface (UI) is easy to use and understand. When we're designing features we always think of how they're being used and how it affects both the employee and administrator's daily experience. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Buddy Punch instead of an Excel spreadsheet ... TIME SAVER

Publié le 11/03/2019
Telesa K.
Administrative Assistant/HR&Payroll
Institutions religieuses, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It has a great deal of flexibility and gives administrators/managers the ability to see who is here at any given time of the day. Managers also have the ability to approve PTO prior to it being added to the time sheet. This provides accountability for both the employee and manager. They can also schedule shift work if necessary. In running payroll, since employees will punch in, be able to track their time as well as PTO in one place; this saves me time on my end. I simply run a report at pay period end to access a summary for each employee. I still have to enter totals but will not longer have to search spreadsheet each line for notes regarding time off. The reports are very helpful and can be downloaded in multiple formats.

Avantages: The software has all the features that I currently was using in my spreadsheet - but better as it took human error out of the equation! I gained the reports that tallied PTO (vacations, sick time, personal time) which I had to pull manually from a spreadsheet. Employees are able to enter their own PTO requests (again a time saver). The chat staff has been super helpful to me every single time I have messaged them. They assisted me to get the software ready for a trial run which was very helpful! Every chat session was emailed to me for future reference.

Inconvénients: Although they are able to answer every one of my many questions; it would have been helpful to download a readable document for reference.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 14/03/2019

Thank you Telesa for the review. It's great to hear that we're saving you time, and that you're taking advantage of our PTO tracking option. Our reports can be downloaded to CSV, Excel, and PDF so it's good to hear that those are meeting your needs as well. We strive to provide great service so I'm happy to hear that we've been helpful along the way. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Great Product

Publié le 12/11/2019
Tohi A.
Payroll Manager
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Best solution to time tracking for our hourly employees, and it keeps me updated when someone forgets to clock out. Also, it allows my employees to make changes if needed, which I can review and approve.

Avantages: Ease of use, for both employees and managers. The phone app with the clock in/out feature makes this the easiest for our company.

Inconvénients: No cons so far, and I've been using it for almost a year now.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 13/11/2019

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use! It's also good to hear you are making use of our alerts and reminders. We offer a range of reminders that can be sent via push notifications on a phone or email. Thanks again!

Best system for business owners.

Publié le 28/09/2018
Brittany W.
Reception and Administration
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I like the ease of having the app on my phone considering I don't always go directly into the office first before I start working.

Avantages: The thing I like most about the software is the geographical location requirement. Every time you punch in/out it shows your employer your location. Making time clock fraud one less worry as a business owner and the employee more responsible about time maintenance because you cannot get paid if you are not physically at work.

Inconvénients: Because of the added security of the geographical location, I do not like that it prompts me to also take my picture as I clock in/out. I don't feel comfortable with a third party technology company not only knowing my location but also what I look like and am wearing at that moment. For employers, understood, we know each other personally and professionally. But there are hackers in the world so my face and location shouldn't be necessary.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 01/10/2018

Thanks for the review Brittany, it is great to hear you're finding us easy to use. It sounds like you're using our GPS and webcam image options. The webcam image feature is enabled/disabled by the administrator of the account, so it is an optional feature. The administrator can make it required on a per employee basis. Thanks again for the review!

Buddy Punch Review

Publié le 08/10/2019
Domanic G.
Assistant Office Administrator
Cabinet d'avocats, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Buddy Punch has streamlined the clock-in/clock-out system for the firm I work for. Previous employers used different systems for timekeeping and they always seemed to cause more of an issue at the end of the month when billing and payroll would hit.

Avantages: I like that there a very little functions, meaning that the software is simple to navigate and understand. I also prefer being able to see my time cards for my own personal use instead of having to ask the administrator for the information that I am looking for.

Inconvénients: Instead of having to 'punch out' and then back into another category (i.e. from Regular Time to Lunch and/or Paid Break) the user should be able to simply select the area they wish to punch into and then a pop-up menu provides two options 1. Punch In? 2. Punch Out? and that would simplify the use of time cards. Additionally, having email reminders for regular lunch and break times could be a beneficial feature for some users.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 10/10/2019

Thank you Domanic for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us simple to navigate and understand. Also thank you for the feedback, and we actually do have reminders for lunches, punching back in, etc too! They can be sent via push message to a mobile device or via email. Thanks again.

Payroll Time Savior

Publié le 04/08/2016
Rafael E.
Accountant
Hôtellerie, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: After using paper time cards for over a year, spending many frustrating hours a week reviewing, verifying, inputting and analyzing employee punches and then finding a place to keep the paper cards for our records, we were fed up. We looked for an affordable and easy to implement solution. We used the Buddy Punch trial and within a week, we knew this was the solution we were looking for. Setting up locations, employees and punch restrictions was extremely easy. The timecard punches can easily be updated by managers from any location. The email notifications keep managers on top of missed punches, and with the variety of exportable reports we have been able to complete labor analysis quickly and accurately. Before we began Buddy Punch, completing a weekly labor analysis would take over an hour and a half. Between contacting the locations to send the timecards, manually entering daily hours, deciphering notes scribbled on the cards and updating labor information for new employees we had enough! Now the process is as simple as logging on, setting the date range, exporting a CSV and migrating the data into an analysis template. What used to take over an hour, takes roughly 20 minutes. Another major perk for our catering department is having the ability to require GPS location for login when employees begin and end off-site. This feature has made labor tracking more accurate and dependable, as we no longer have to rely on the site manager to send email updates about employee punches. The customer support at Buddy Punch is also quick to respond and very informative. I would highly recommend Buddy Punch to businesses looking for an affordable and effective timekeeping solution.

Avantages: Update timecards anywhere, easy to add, remove, update employees, several reports that export easily.

Inconvénients: None

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 09/08/2016

Thank you very much Rafael for the review, we could not have said it better! My favorite quote from your review was that Buddy Punch was "extremely easy," we really do strive for that every day. Thanks again, we really appreciate your business!

Great time collection option

Publié le 08/10/2018
Human Resources
Biens de consommation, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I was looking for a time collection option for our temporary employee staff. We have anywhere from 15 to 30 temporary employees on staff from different agencies on a weekly basis. It was a chore to have paper time tickets from multiple agencies and making sure the hours were approved by the supervisor was difficult as well. Buddy punch allows all Temp employees to punch in on one clock and it takes their picture so I can verify it was them. We have an IPad set up for this purpose only. At the end of the week I can easily run a report by staffing agency and send the reports to them so the temporary employee can be paid.

Inconvénients: In the beginning we had issues with the IPad not not running the app correctly. I am not sure if the issues were on our end or if they were with Buddy Punch but we had to reload the program once a week it seems for the first couple of months. I am happy to say things are working much smoother now and I rarely need to reboot the IPad.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 10/10/2018

Thank you for the review, it's great to hear that you're finding our reporting options easy to use and that you're taking advantage of our webcam feature, which you can setup to require a photo of an employee on punches. Also good to hear that any issues with your iPad have been resolved. Thanks again!

Happy customer

Publié le 02/03/2019
James C.
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Many of our employees work on the road going to many customers in a day, some of this involves hours of driving, this software allows ease of tracking travel time vs time with and at the customer to do our testing. Whenever we have had ideas for improvements or changes in the software the folks here at Buddy Punch listen and address, we've even had suggest that seemed like maybe that palm to the forehead moment for them and within 24 hours the wish we had is a reality! That is a software writer that listens and responds very refreshing!

Avantages: Our employees have little trouble using this method for time tracking and have given us limited to no complaints.

Inconvénients: I can't really say there is a "least" like about this software, which I guess is the best you can hope for as a software.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 08/03/2019

Thank you James for the review and your continued business. We take feedback seriously with our customers with our goal to make Buddy Punch valuable to your business while easy to use. I'm glad we were able to turn your feedback into a feature! Thanks again.

Easy Enough

Publié le 05/10/2018
Ashley G.
Corporate Accountant
Immobilier, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I like the location aspect, reporting could be improved, but overall, it functions and I like being able to see where employees are when they punch in/out.

Avantages: What I like the most about the software is that it allows my employees to allocate their time to different locations which improves Job Costing Accuracy. I would like it if it were easier to log more than one location for the day without having to actually clock out.

Inconvénients: I dislike that we continually have issues with people not being able to clock out. They try, but it doesn't work. I've looked over the settings and everything. Also, it would be great if I could print all of the individuals reports without going in and selecting, then deselecting, and selecting a new employee. Basically, I would like to print each employees time card on it's own page at the click of a button.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 09/10/2018

Thanks for the review Ashley, it is great to hear that we're easy to use. Also thanks for the feedback, we do have a report that should meet your needs, it is called our Employee Detail Report, and it lists each employee on a new page. Also we're happy to help troubleshoot any issues your employees are having with punching out. I am going to reach out to you in a separate email and in app message, we'll get to the bottom of it. Thank you again.

I use Buddy Punch for my small office with 5-10 employees. The value and functionality are great!

Publié le 10/10/2017
Solomon C.
Optometrist
Support client

Avantages: I can customize its features in a way that work for my situation! My employees can clock in and out from the free app on their phones, and I can limit that ability by ip address and location of timecard punch. I also like that it is so easy to review original punched, and to accept or decline requested modifications if employees have erred or forgotten to clock in or out.

Inconvénients: I wish I had and used cameras for Punch in and Punch out. I don't know how possible this is, or if it's a feature already available, but I wish it would send a notification alert to my employees every time it connects to or loses my workplace wifi.... Or better yet, if it could report the wifi /IP address find and loss times, directly to me -the employer - this way I could approximate, objectively, how accurate my employees are at clock in and clock out.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 11/10/2017

Thank you Solomon for the review! I'm glad that you and your employees are using our mobile apps and our IP Lock feature. We offer the full punch history if any changes are requested, as you pointed out. Also thank you for the feature suggestion, we do not have a way to notify users when they lose wifi but I will add this to our request list. Thanks again, we appreciate your business!

They thought of everything!

Publié le 26/06/2019
Jeana W.
Admin
Construction, 13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Employee location at time of shift start.

Avantages: Very inclusive of everything admin needs to address different scenarios "in the field". Mutiple customer reps were available via "Chat" to help with set up and answer questions. Rep was very knowledgeable and helped me with every single question and scenario I had trouble with. Now I am familiar with the site and can easily use all its functions. Using Buddy Punch has been fabulous thus far.

Inconvénients: At first, I didnt like that there was not any phone support for customer service. But as it turns out, the questions were answered fine "in the chat". It just took a little longer than it would have on the phone.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 01/07/2019

Thank you for the review Jeana, it is great to hear that we've been fabulous so far! We appreciate your business.

AMAZING ALL AROUND PRODUCT AND SERVICE!!!!!!

Publié le 27/04/2016
Jessica K.
Human Resources Officer
Support client

Commentaires: Buddypunch gives us a lot of abilities to manage our employee that we didn't have before. We literally made the leap from paper timesheets to a system that every employee has to utilize.
As you can imagine, there were some lagging employees that did not embrace the idea of change. Once employees gained experience with the service, it has become a monumental change for our agency.
A typical timeclock system would not work for our company. We have several different types of employees and own about 100 units that for certain staff, their work needs to be costed to certain locations. We have employees that are only administrative that can clock in at their desk, but we also have traveling employees who need the freedom of punching in on their phones. We needed a time keeping system that traveling employees could use, but also management could track their locations. Buddypunch has given us the ability to add all of our locations and all of our different types of work that can be performed (admin, accounting, HR, meeting etc.). As time has gone on, and employees are fully on the BP system, management is now able to ask questions like, "Why are the employees at the Fort Myers office working 25% administrative time than our other locations?" The BEST part, in my opinion, is the customer service I have received. It is as easy as pressing a button to put in a request. Believe me, I have made several requests (more than I care to tell) on things I would like to see in the future or suggestions that would make Buddypunch better reporting wise and for my company. I am always addressed within a few hours, and I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN SOME OF THE CHANGES I'VE REQUESTED.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 29/04/2016

Thank you Jessica for the glowing and thorough review! It really gives insight into your daily use of Buddy Punch and how it has uniquely helped your business from not only a time keeping perspective but from reporting perspective as well. We appreciate the kind words and are happy that not only has the system been perfect for your business but that the customer service you have received has met and exceeded your needs. Thank you for being a Buddy Punch customer, we appreciate it!

Super Convenient

Publié le 24/09/2018
Kenia G.
Paralegal
Services juridiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall buddy punch is the best time clock system we have had. Very easy to use and has everything you need.

Avantages: I love that when you sign in from the computer you see your time on the right and the option to clock in/ out on the left. Basically everything you need right away. I don't have admin access but I know they are able to easily fix your time if you miss a punch along with other features to keep it simple.

Inconvénients: I don't like that everything is clock in/out. In the past we have had it where it summarizes the day and you can tell how many total hours for that day. and at any time that you log in you can see what the total time is for when you last clocked in/out. i.e when we clock out for lunch we like to check and see how much time we have until getting back to work. or when we arrive late I like to know how much more time I need to make the 8 hours for the day.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 25/09/2018

Thanks Kenia for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us convenient, easy to use, and everything is right where you need it. Thanks for the feedback as well, you can currently see shift and daily totals right from the Time Card, but we'll look to add in current shift totals as well. Thanks again.

L. Bruce

Publié le 25/03/2019
Lindsey B.
Executive Assistant
Sécurité publique, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My employees love this system since they do not have to come to the building to login. We are a Police Department and sometimes they need to respond to a call and cannot come in to clock in until later. On the previous system we used the Officer would have to fill out paperwork explaining why they did not clock in. Now they can clock in when they get to the call location or if they forget they can punch in later and adjust the time and write a short reason why they had to adjust the time. This helps decrease paperwork and helps the employee.

Avantages: I like Buddy Punch because it is web based and the app is also a plus. Easy to access and a great way to keep up with time and PTO.

Inconvénients: My least favorite part is that it is sometimes hard to navigate if you are in a hurry. You have to go back to screens once you enter information. If you have to enter information on an employee several times you have to either hit the back arrow or search for their information again to proceed with the entry.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 26/03/2019

Thank you Lindsey for the review, it's great to hear that your employees are loving Buddy Punch! Also thanks for the feedback, I'll message you to see what area you are referring to as you shouldn't have to hit back or search for an employee again after entering information. Thanks again!

Buddy -punch gives us the value we seek.

Publié le 09/07/2018
Ifeoma O.
Developer
1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Intuitive ,and a much cheaper option than Toggle which we have tried in the past ,and they completely avoided the per user billing system,which I find very ridiculous.
Buddy-punch provides my team with an easy to use clock based punch in/punch out time management application, which didn't require a fingerprint scanner and still works. Buddy-punch has generally given us value for our money.

Inconvénients: Anytime our employees have failed to sign in , they get multiple email notifications which some have found to be very pestering.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 10/07/2018

Thank you Ifeoma for the review! I appreciate the 10/10 rating and it's great to hear that we're giving you great value! You are correct, we do not have per user pricing, so you do not have to be concerned with thinking about increased costs when you add a new user. We appreciate your business!

Buddy Punch is a great replacement for our old system!

Publié le 09/11/2018
Sarah S.
Head Bookkeeper/ Accounting
Cabinets médicaux, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Right off the bat I was impressed that Buddy Punch offered a 30 day trial, whereas most other systems offered only one or two week trials. Before our 30 days was even up we knew this is the program we were going to use. Buddy Punch was easy to use for all of our employees and I am able to access it from my home rather than having to remember when I went into the office to make adjustments to time cards, approve PTO, or print reports. Also, even though I set specific pay periods, I am able to print reports with whatever date ranges I indicate. I find that very useful. The last feature that we have been impressed with was the ability to select different locations that employees can punch in/ out of. We have multiple locations and it is helpful know where people are physically. Great program!

Inconvénients: I have the mobile app downloaded onto my phone but it is extremely limited. In hindsight, I wish I wouldn't have talked that up so much to my management team, because it turned out to not offer many options or capability.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 21/11/2018

Thank you for the review Sarah! It's great to hear that you're taking advantage of our PTO approval feature, reporting, and geo-fencing features. With the smartphone app you're able to approve PTO, view and edit time cards, and view who's currently punched in. We don't have a reports option on the smartphone apps today, but I'll reach out to you to see what features you might be interested in so we can add them to the list for future development. Thanks again.

Great Time Clock System

Publié le 09/10/2018
Jake C.
Communications Director
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Buddy Punch is a great product that has allowed us to better track our technicians hours. They are on the road 3-4 days a week and Buddy Punch helps us know where they are when they punch in/out and whether they are staying on schedule. It's a great product at a great value!

Avantages: The software is a good value, easy to use, and the support team is very receptive to suggested changes or add-ons. We've seen several suggestions become a reality which is uncommon when dealing with other software companies.

Inconvénients: The app isn't the best, but we do ask for it to do a lot. From GPS tracking to facial recognition; there are good features, but with phone updates, the app has a tendency to lock up.

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 10/10/2018

Thanks Jake fore the review, I'm happy to hear that you're finding us easy to use as well as a good value. We build features based on feedback from our users, it is great to hear that you're enjoying some of our recent updates! Also thanks for the feedback on the mobile app, it supports geofences, gps coordinates, facial recognition and QR codes. Thanks again.

Simple and Easy to Use Time Tracking Product!

Publié le 09/08/2016
Cindy R.
HR Director
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I handle HR for a small start-up tech company, and we were looking for a simple, easy-to-use time tracking software solution that was also cost-effective for our size. We found Buddy Punch, and it seemed to offer everything we needed, and it was reasonably priced. We signed up for the trial period, and our employees were impressed immediately. They were able to start recording their time immediately with zero training or assistance, which was a priority for us.
The system is also very easy to use from an administrator end (editing punches, viewing timecards, etc.) Buddy Punch produces concise reports which can assist with transferring employee hours to any payroll system that you may be using. If you do experience any issues or have questions, it's very easy to place a support ticket and a response is usually given within 1-2 hours at the most. Customer Service definitely seems to be a priority which we appreciate.
Once our trial period had concluded, it was a no-brainer to continue with this easy, intuitive solution.

Avantages: Easy to use for admins and employees
Concise reports
Archiving of data is permanent while a paying customer (never lose past timecards)
Reasonably priced

Inconvénients: Wish there were better customization options for hour categories (i.e. floating holidays, Jury Duty, etc.)
App for I phone needs improvement (can only view who is punched in currently)

envoyé par Buddy Punch le 12/08/2016

Thank you for the review Cindy, we appreciate it! You are correct, we place ease of use and customer support at the top of our priority list. We are always looking to improve so thank you for the suggestions, we are working on updating our smartphone apps and will have the updates ready soon. Thanks again for your business!