Not just for Retail Computer Shops

Publié le 02/03/2019
Charissa P.
Operations Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: If you track inventory, deal with repair tickets, and need to keep up with marketing to your client base, then this is unbeatable. When I was operations manager for a Retail and B2B MSP we switched our retail side from Connectwise to Repairshopr and it was like night and day. It connected quicker, gave us access to our inventory, integrated with Quickbooks online, and gave us custom-ability to really make it fit our business model. As operations manager I was able to build this around our existing processes and make it flow seamlessly.
I now have moved to a telecom that could benefit from this, and the only reason I haven't switched are the two cons I listed. Both of them are offered by Quickbooks own ticketing system.
Don't let their niche market of Retail ISP shops fool you. I've heard of this being integrated into auto shops and other mechanical fields. If you are in a business that dispatches any sort of technician, then this is the product you need.

Avantages: The integration with other programs makes this unstoppable!
This ties a CRM to your POS to your ticketing system. Being able to integrate all of these makes this system one of the most powerful I've worked with. It doesn't feel overbearing either. I worked with Kaseya BMS and Connectwise and both of those felt like beasts. This took a lot of key elements that those two systems have and brought them down to a retail level at a price that all companies should be able to afford.
One of the best parts is that they are always integrating new features and squashing bugs. I was always amazed at how often new useful tools were being added. I'm pretty sure they don't have a huge team, but it felt like there must be hundreds of them with what was being accomplished.

Inconvénients: Integration with Quickbooks Desktop is limited, but Quickbooks online is excellent. I wish it had the ability to map out locations to dispatch technicians too. It will track where your clients are at, but if you are trying to schedule multiple field techs, it would be ideal if you could see specific open tickets on a map (Maybe ones labeled "Onsite") and then be able to assign them to technicians based on location.

A great inventory management tool that's easy to use for all employees!

Publié le 04/03/2019
Tanmay M.
Audio Engineer
Production audiovisuelle, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: What I like most about RepairShopr is the flexibility it allows its users in creating and maintaining varying degrees of inventory items. What if you had 2 products that were "technically" the same but varied in price, varied in build quality, etc. RepairShopr allows you to create those categories from the bottom up so you can create as much nuance as needed between various inventory items while abstracting away the "back end" of these complex rules to other users. This is great because you can have rather complex "if then else" scenarios in play for how certain items are to be used and the program is able to create conditionals that only "pop up" certain items which match the complex rules that the administrator can create. This ensures that employees don't need to be told to remember these rules: As long as they work within the system, they will never make a mistake (unless it's human error, of course).

Inconvénients: What I liked least about RepairShopr is the interface to switch between users. It's very easy, while in a rush, to overlook that another user was signed in previously. While a huge portion of that is human error and employees not paying attention, perhaps a little more thought into the user interface would prevent this human error from occurring. Perhaps, adding a picture of the employee's face or some sort of visual avatar would be great so an employee knows that another employee is signed in. I think this, overall, ties into the user interface for RepairShopr which can be somewhat technical and very utilitarian. This isn't a bad thing but a more well thought out user interface that is far more human friendly could be extremely beneficial for users overall.

Repair Shop? Computer, Smartphone, Customer Management and Follow up so worth it!

Publié le 11/09/2018
Christian B.
Owner / Operator
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have jumped from many different customer management systems, each one does it own unique thing. Repairshopr though has set the bar in my opinion. Repairshopr has really carved out a niche in the repair community. One of the most basic and simplistic things that sold me was the feature that lets you send out a automated email that is customized to say the customers name so it makes it look like you took the time to sit down and write this email. They call this their "Marketr" feature. You can actually set it to do any kind of email but where this sold me on Repairshopr was how you can have it follow up with the customer to make sure their repair is doing well and you can set this at different intervals. I have not changed it but by defaults it sends 2 emails asking how things are going the first 2 weeks and then another follow up in 90 days. I am big in to customer service and when I saw this feature, I knew I had to have Repairshopr. The time this saves is indispensable. I have really had a good experience with Repairshopr overall. Down time is almost non-existent. Any issues I have had where I have had to contact support has been really positive. I also like to see that my money is going to a constntly improving product. Everyone I have interacted with at Repairshopr has been wonderful.

Avantages: -Automated personalization customer follow-up saves a bunch of time
-Asset Tracking
-Tickets that are trackable for each customer profile
-Continued updates to enhance the entire product
-Inventory Tracking
-Estimates
-Multiple Integrations with your website for
-Parts Tracking
-Leads and turning those leads in to sales
There are so many features that I want to use but because I stay so busy, I cannot use them all. If this bothers you, you have a plethora of options that you can turn on, or turn off. You can also set each user profile to a specific group, like Tech level 1, Tech level 2, Tech level 3, and assign them each with different access to different things.

Inconvénients: -Lack of scheduling an employee(s) although there is a clock in/clock out feature
-Lack of payroll integration, I have to use a separate program for payroll alone
-Lack of being able to hide certain notes or a specific ticket or customer profile that may be an escalated issue, where you do not want your employees seeing.
-Lack of backup options built in to the plan at no cost, Repairshopr has been very reliable since I have been using it, I am not really concerned about not having this backed up.
I cannot really come up with many cons, this product is great, if you are in the repair business just suck it up and set aside the monthly spend, it pays for itself.

Repairshopr Review

Publié le 12/06/2019
Christopher W.
IT Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great! Excellent customer service and great product that they add new features to weekly

Avantages: Ease of use. Ability to text customers. Price and customer support

Inconvénients: Lack of built in rmm. Need additional addins to perform automated tasks. Sync to quickbooks works sometimes.

90% coded, but A+ For Effort!

Publié le 25/07/2019
Gary G.
Bench Technician
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I switched over to this from another product that was outdated and unliked; RepairShopr has done great work on their product so far, but I'm hoping a finished product comes out sooner rather than later!

Avantages: Once you learn how to use the software correctly, checking customers in and out is a breeze! It's very fluid, with adding customer data, device information, and payment being integrated all into the few screens. There are a lot of places to leave notes, receive notifications, and even interact with customers via email and text messages. Super useful!

Inconvénients: It feels like the software is ALMOST complete, but not quite. I frequently encounter bugs in a few trouble areas at least once a week (thankfully it never happens in important transaction areas) but it's a little frustrating to not be able to load certain pages or write information without refreshing the application a few times.

Made my business much more organized!

Publié le 02/12/2017
Matt P.
Matériel informatique, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Made my life easier!

Avantages: Previous to RepairShopr I was duplicating a google doc spreadsheet for invoices. I did a lot of on-site work, so I needed something that was "cloud" based so I could log in and make an invoice on the spot. There was no real organization or structure to my invoice system, other than a folder where I would drop paid stuff vs unpaid. RepairShopr changed the way I do business, my ability to track and maintain tickets (which I previously did by hand on paper), and gave me a module to track and follow up with my customers, which I had not been doing previously. What I was doing before worked for me at the time, but once I got RepairShopr I realized how much time I was waisting, and how "broken" my system of doing things really was.

Inconvénients: The initial setup was tough; everything has a learning curve, and I'm pretty good at figuring stuff out. Modification of each module and the fields inside the modules took a lot of time to customize to fit my business needs. There are still parts of the software that I am not utilizing to their full capacity, partially because I've never needed to, and partially because I am not sure I want to spend the time to set them up.
That being said, the fact that you can modify each module and field makes the application of this software available to many different markets, not just computer/electronics repair

Best Repair Ticketing System

Publié le 13/05/2019
Mark M.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: RepairShopr staff is great to work with. Whenever contacted, they point us in the right direction to find the information we are looking for.

Avantages: Our company has used Repairshopr ticketing system for 3 years. We've used other order management systems and this is one of the best systems for what it does. The management software has everything we need to streamline our store from purchase orders, inventory management, check-in/check-out, managing employees, and everything in between. Features are robust and branding can be customized to give customers a great experience while in your store. Post repair, we use the Marketr features and reporting to measure customer satisfaction. Integrates w/ Quickbooks and several apps. Constantly updated with new features and development. Couldn't run our shop without it.

Inconvénients: Most everything I have had issues with over passed on to the development team. I would say time it takes to develop firm specific features, so expanding their API capabilities so outside developers can implement more features.

Excellent all inclusive program backed by perfect support

Publié le 08/06/2019
Chad W.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Outstanding. Support team rocks, software is solid and reliable. Constantly improving which i really like.

Avantages: The software fulfils every need we have, invoicing, ticketing, parts management, interfacing with the customer in an organized fashion, reporting, the list goes on forever (im only scratching the surface). In the rare case we need further explanation of a feature or we require support the support team is second to none. Price is very fair for everything it does. Our company completely relies on this product.

Inconvénients: We would like to see the open invoice reminder section be developed. When relying on it for invoicing so heavily, its key to ensure constant communication is occurring between customers with outstanding balance and company. Since it syncs perfectly with quickbooks we have used external programs to handle AR, but it creates a mess of things syncing in terms of data authority.

Highly recommended, easy to use and critical to any MSP

Publié le 18/05/2018
Joshua C.
COO
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I was able to improve my business planning and scale up faster than I ever thought. This software made running my business so much easier and empowered me to take leaps. I simply could not have done it without RS.

Avantages: Several years ago I was transitioning my business from daily PC repair to full MSP. I knew I needed a better workflow system and I needed it to be easy enough for my sub contractors as well. I tried several solutions that didn't workout before I was lucky enough to find Repairshopr. I now rely on RS as the foundation of my business. Every estimate, invoice, contract starts with RS. My team works from all over the country now providing cloud services and we use RS to keep us working together, communicating with clients, invoicing and managing recurring payments with RS third party integrations. I'm happy with my choice everyday and twice on "Feature Friday"!

Inconvénients: Honestly, every issue I've ever had has been fixed and even the features I requested in the past have been added...

Decent software to allow tracking of goods/services with a pretty steep learning curve and certain quirks

Publié le 18/01/2018
Garrett W.
Consultant
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: If you're looking for something with basic inventory tracking, purchasing, and invoicing, RepairShopr is a great place to start. While there is a steep learning curve and the software has it's own quirks and specific ways of doing things (or not doing things), it's very inexpensive in comparison and is very robust. The free version is completely free with no strings attached!

Avantages: The free version is pretty much fully functional for our needs. The automated invoices are very professional looking and automate emails when an order is completed (once clicking the proper button on the site). You can keep up with the quantity of goods and keep track with how many are bought and sold over various time periods. The ticketing system works great and it's easy to tell if customers are past due with payments as well. Repeat invoices from month-to-month can be automated which is a HUGE plus and seems to always work! Designed for the IT business, but can be used for anything!

Inconvénients: I rated low in certain aspects because the system is very convoluted compared to other softwares in this space. It seems like it takes extra steps and multiple pages to get to "checkout." I have to keep a cheat sheet handy because there isn't a simple way to invoice a customer. It would be nice if all this can be done from one screen, but the user must go to a different webpage for each step. Something else that is aggravating is the way the invoice numbering works. It's automatic and I have yet to find a way to change it. Each invoice can be changed manually, but that takes extra steps as well. None of this may matter to you, and with my subscription being free, I can't complain much. However, if I were paying, this would be something causing me to look elsewhere.

***The best product on the market, backed by the most aggressive and prompt support team***

Publié le 26/09/2016
Lee J.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are very pleased with your product as it has a lot of potential and many features that we feel will make our customers experience better. More importantly, we looked for a company who will be as aggressive with their software and adding features as we are with improving our process so we love the Friday updates that tell about the new features/functions of the software. Another thing we take into consideration is the promptness on the support department to handle issues or provide assistance on questions/concerns we have and your team has been excellent! We look forward to a long relationship with your organization and are we are currently in the process of migrating the rest of our databases over to your system as we are extremely pleased with the ticketing system which is the backbone of our process. We will be adding your preferred credit card merchant service provider as we want to have a unified system for all needs and they appear to have very competitive rates. Keep up the great work and you we are a client for life, looking forward to adding this software to our other location(s).

Avantages: Everything. It is easy to use and works proficiently.

Inconvénients: The printing features could be a tiny bit faster but the support team has sent notices that they are working on this so I am confident this will not be an issue for long.

Great Product... "Fits the bill"

Publié le 22/06/2016
Charles T.
Service Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been mostly doing break-fix & service for about 20 years And I been searching for similar system for a long time for documenting my work. We had been previously been doing our documentation on a spreadsheet, which was not very efficient. Repairshopr fits the bill totally, for tracking, estimates and complete control. With Repairshopr, it has really been able to automate this process of our business and produce professional results.

Avantages: You can search on most any aspect of information regarding any previous work.
The forms are very customizable.
The import and export features of customer information.
Customers can track their work orders and progress of repairs online.
Love the SMS text and email features.
Love the On-site appointment calendar.
Repairshopr is constantly working on new features and improvements.

Inconvénients: It's not free.... LOL

I would easily pay twice as much for RepairShopr.

Publié le 24/08/2016
David C.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We needed a better invoicing system to control all aspects or our business (shop repair, on-site repair, contracts and web development). We were using Zoho, but needed better features and tracking. Tried RepairShopr and it totally changed our business. So much more than just invoicing. It's really a full blown business management system and the reporting is excellent.

Avantages: - Ticket Management
- Inventory / Parts Management
- Software Serials Management
- Communication through the ticket
- Automatic Followup Emails
- Reporting on any metric
- Many, Many More! - check the website

Inconvénients: One of the only cons is there are so many features it's sometimes difficult to look at exactly what is important to your specific business. However, RepairShopr has recently made several improvements to streamline the layout.

New Business Perfection

Publié le 08/11/2016
Greg W.
Owner/Master Technician
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Starting a repair business is not easy but using this software as the Management system for the business will make your lives easier. Inventory comes in and you enter it give it a bar code print label and put it on the shelve. Parts come in you keep count on quantity and know when your running low. The software has an end of day and many other reports like whats selling the best in your store. I used other software before this software and hands down this is the best bang for the buck.

Avantages: The ease of use and the plethora of reports available that show details many other software does not.

Inconvénients: I would love to be able to search customers more easily by phone number. We get calls and dont know who was calling before we call them back. It would be nice to be able to look the number up associate it with a current or previous transaction for a better idea of whats going on before we call them back.

Simple, Effective, Affordable, & Most of all, It just works....

Publié le 10/01/2018
Grant W.
Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's like having another person on staff. Additionally, in our industry, we need to be able to show traceability throughout the inventory item life cycle in our system. This allows us to do this by giving each stock item a unique ID.

Avantages: There really is too much to list. The software is perfect for a small organization but can be scaled to multiple locations.
-Easy to implement
-Easy to make adjustments to Invoices
-Easy to manage customers
-Custom Fields
-Custom Alerts
-Custom Emails

Inconvénients: Our biggest issue is printing options and customization of inventory labels. The print options are all there but we use a mix of PC and Mac with several different printers in different physical locations throughout the building. We probably have it configured incorrectly but it still works for us. A bit clunky but still better than the alternatives.

Do yourself a favor and get it.

Publié le 02/08/2018
Computer Technician
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We've been with them since beta and they've done nothing but add value to the product.
Things that used to to take many convoluted steps in my old Ticketing/PSA system are now a snap. No more keeping crazy user documents for new people to memorize before they can open the software. It's so intuitive that I just give new employees the link and their username.
It integrates with most of our tools and they are always adding new integrations.

Inconvénients: Cloud based can cause some issues that having a on-site server rectify but as it stands we've had 99% + uptime so it's less of a con and more of an observation.

A "Diamond in the Rough" in the IT MSP automation market.

Publié le 05/04/2018
Steve P.
Senior Cloud Solutions Specialist
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Went from using Outlook calendar, tasks, and spreadsheets to fully automating our entire IT MSP operation

Avantages: Tremendous Customer Database, Ticketing and invoicing system, that integrates with Quickbooks and RMM tools. We looked at Connectwise & Autotask (too complex), Service Fusion (slow/poor integration), Pulseway, Solarwinds MSP, and many others but none have the flexibility, speed, and feature set that Repairshopr has.
If you are a small MSP that handles both business and residential customers and want to fully automate your workflow this is THE product for the job.
The price is better than almost all of the rest, and it has integrations with RMM tools, accounting software, PBX, and a dozen or so more products.
We were able to setup all of our recurring invoices for Antivirus, Backup, Sysem monitoring, email, etc and have the system automatically drop an invoice a the appropriate renewal date - we verify the quantity then send it to Quickbooks and off it goes. Saves us tons of time.
And it is FAST!
Customer support is excellent as well. So glad I found this product!

Inconvénients: The mobile app could use some updating to include more of the features found in the full product, but the mobile site is perfectly usable.

brilliant software

Publié le 09/05/2018
Gary L.
Matériel informatique, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: makes running my business so simple - thank you

Avantages: the whole system is so easily customised and my whole website is now built around the contact forms that create an instant ticket even when a customer simply asks for a price for a repair I can now send an immediate estimate without ever having to fill out any forms myself - this software saves me a massive amount of time and wouldn't be without it - the support get back to you same day with an answer and are really helpful - I wish everything worked like this - makes my life so much easier thank you Repairshopr I cannot praise you enough

Inconvénients: There are absolutely no cons to this software and I would urge anyone thinking of using it to give it a good try as its so good

It's the solution we couldn't find after 8 years of searching.

Publié le 28/04/2018
Brett W.
Owner/member
Services aux consommateurs, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Productivity, Organization, Customer Service, Keeping the overhead costs low and staying on top of the workflow.

Avantages: It's the answer to small-businesses who are ignored by enterprise-level developers, but this product off the bat had MORE FEATURES and MORE CUSTOMIZATION for our repair shop at a value point we couldn't avoid. No other product has such a package that is also reasonable to use and has basic CRM functions.

Inconvénients: The only downside I see (and they are working on it) is that sometimes it might be nice to have a service to use their in-house expertise to customize problem solving like some other companies have done with extremely specialized features to optimize for our particular business. But, the company is adding updates and refinements nearly weekly, and some of those specialty features have already come onto the standard platform on their own, so I know they are always working to make it better.

RepairShopr is a good piece of software for those starting out in computer and device repair.

Publié le 27/02/2018
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It was the foundation I needed to get my computer repair business started. Without it, I would still be floundering with process and documentation 2 years after launch.

Avantages: What I like most is the great level of documentation and the starting walk-throughs they give you to get you up and running. Any question you have can be answered either through searching the help files or by submitting a ticket.

Inconvénients: Frankly, RepairShopr does so much that it is hard to wrap my head around the enormity of the scope of features. A little guidance around some of the over-arching things I needed when I first started in this business would have been helpful. Then again, the help documentation and community is great. So, if you have the time, the documentation will be a big help.

Useful help-desk software

Publié le 19/12/2018
IT Technician
Enseignement supérieur, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The software is easy to use and navigate. The ticketing system is very customizable with the different types of fields that you can have on the intake forms. The inventory system is very helpful for keeping track of stock. The estimates system is very useful for giving customers quotes for hardware or software.

Inconvénients: The new User Interface is a little hard to get used to after using the old interface for so long. Also if you accidentally click the serialized check box on an inventory item and update it, there is not an easy way of undoing this.

As simple as it claims to be! Syncs numbers into QBO, tracking, customer communication perfect!

Publié le 22/05/2018
Gail C.
VP
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Ease of tracking work orders, Syncing the "Correct Numbers" into QBO. Frees up my time beyond my wildest dreams!

Avantages: The ease in doing business. Automatic updates , perfect communication. No one left out of the loop- "Technician to Administration to End User". The ability to enable and disable functions if need be.
Came from Legacy Sage MAS 200 integrated Software, very complicated and time consuming.
RepairShopr frees up our time to be able to focus on our Core Business.The support is outstanding, they've help every inch of the way and they do it Happily. I had a support technician tell me "She loves her Job" WOW. This is the leading edge place to be!!!! Thank you.

Inconvénients: It leaves out a few of details when syncing into QBO, it would be nice to have it all Sync, the important part dose come over correctly, makes the crunching numbers easy! oops a Pro again!

For a company that uses a ticket system, has the best functionality for the price

Publié le 30/04/2016
Amy M.
Support client

Commentaires: This is the best one-stop solution for us, as it includes a very comprehensive setup for customer data, ticketing, invoicing, inventory management, scheduled emails, and customer portal. We are able to easily generate tickets or have customers generate their own, have multiple user logins, to delegate tickets to different people, and be able to sync to Google calendars for scheduling clients. I applaud the developers for creating this amazing tool that is accessible and affordable for small businesses in the retail/repair/consulting fields! Pros:
- extremely convenient for storing customer history and linking their assets and notes
- developers are very responsive to feedback and constantly adding improvements and new integrations
- streamlined ticket system with built-in notification settings
- integrated calendar settings for creating appointments
- good reporting tools for sales, commissions, customers, among many others
- very full featured and flexible to use in various ways suited to your business needs
Cons:
- not effective as an email marketing tool; Mailchimp integration is not fully functional, but I believe it is possible in the future to improve. Not the number one priority for this system, but it would be nice!
- claims to be a CRM, but this feature could be improved, i.e. have a way to manage lists or groups of customers for this specific purpose
- "card present" payment solutions are not great, although paypal and stripe work well for online and recurring payments. We are now using Mercury/Vantiv because it offers the most functionality and integration for a low percentage, but we do not have a chip reader, and the mobile swipe card reader (which is expensive) does not work with all cards, making POS clunky at times. A smooth payment system that isn't ugly or costly would be nice

Repair Shopr is great for Computer Repair & MSP's

Publié le 24/10/2016
Mike V.
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've really enjoyed switching to Repair Shopr. It was very easy to setup and migrate my Quickbooks customers to Repair Shopr. Invoicing my customers is very easy with their e-mail integration. As a Managed Service Provider, recurring invoices run on schedule every month making it easy and fast to receive payment. It you are interested in getting a lot of reporting info, you can do that really quick. Many different reports to choose from. One of my favorite feature is auto receipt printing when an invoice is paid. It's has a Point of Sale interface as well. I do not use that because I'm not really a store, but it looks very robust. The best thing is that is is very affordable and you get a lot of bang for the buck. If you are in the computer service business, this is a must have.

Avantages: All the available feature such as Invoicing, Customer Asset Tracking, Service Ticketing System, Auto Receipt Printing, Reports, Estimate System, Sales Leads & Customer Follow-up Email System.

Inconvénients: It's not free, seriously. I love it.

Fantastic Software - I wouldn't use anything else

Publié le 05/07/2016
Brad E.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We've been using RepairShopr to run out business (www.PlatinumRepairs.co.za) for around 2.5 years now. Before that, we used spreadsheets, which worked well until the business grew - then we needed a proper system. The software runs very smoothly, and where we have come across issues, the support has been excellent. Syncs with Quickbooks and constantly gets improved.

Avantages: Constant improvement. Good support. Supports multiple warehouses and locations well.

Inconvénients: We've battled a little to use it seamlessly on mobile devices.