Robust starter system

Publié le 03/08/2014
Mike C.
Support client

Commentaires: We use Aireus in an independent, high volume (5,000 to 8,000 orders per month). fast-casual restaurant with delivery. Aireus is a facile, fairly robust and intuitive iPad-based POS. As an owner, I loved its lower initial costs and understood we would need to be prepared to take on many technical backend issues. Thankfully, our head chef also doubles as our IT guy. He routinely handles everything from router troubleshooting to button programming to modifier pathway creation. Aireus is more robust and customizable than other iPad POS solutions. For example, we set-up Aireus' modifiers to reflect the way our customers top our pizzas and prefer the efficiency of our modifier paths to those available in Aireus' recently released pizza delivery module. However, smaller independents might not have the technical bandwidth to utilize the service as fully as we have. However, as we grow, we find we are missing core features of traditional POS systems like recall of last or frequently ordered items with stores delivery info. Cash controls are weak. There is no inventory module. We are also interested in well-integrated online ordering, social media and API integration with other Web-based backoffice systems. As far as we know, Aireus has future plans for mobility options, but their customer outreach is very weak and communication of new or upcoming features is limited. Bottom line- choose Aireus for its cloud-based tool set at pricing structure, but be ready to handle customization and IT issues in-house. Also, be prepared to sacrifice features on more expensive traditional POS systems.

Don’t cut corners and settle for Aerius

Publié le 01/01/2019
Bartender
Hôtellerie, 501-1 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Probabilité de recommander le produit :
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I could go on and on but I don’t want to waste my time on this. I think you get the point. I am posting this anonymously as I work at a 5 star Hotel that belongs to Leading Hotels of the World and I care about their image. It has caused nothing but headaches, lost revenue and lost wages (tips) for the FOH staff. If you are a restaurant/hotel owner please don’t put your integrity, business and your staff’s sanity into the hands of these CLOWNS, to save a few bucks. You will surely regret it. Stick with Focus or Micros, it’s worth the extra money.

Avantages: No bulky computer. Opening screen and Icons look cool but that’s about it.

Inconvénients: -Constantly crashes or freezes causing a restart
-Credit card transactions randomly disappear and authorization codes vanish into thin air creating inexcusable comp checks and the servers lose the tip.
-After a recent software update, the search function is inoperable.
-Runs off Wi-Fi instead of Cat 5 LAN cable further diminishing operations and functionality. If the WiFi goes down your entire operation comes to a screeching halt.
-Today it scrambled the numbers for the total price on a customers check. The check’s correct total was $15.26 on the receipt but on the open check screen it showed a total of $16.25 (and yes the check #’s matched, in 7 years I have never experienced anything like it....)

Quite simple the best looking with lots of great iPad EPOS Till functionality

Publié le 17/10/2016
Alan J.
Managing Director
Hôtellerie, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Probabilité de recommander le produit :
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Recently purchase the software for our UK restaurant and are very happy with the service and support and epos till software from UK distributor South West Systems.

Avantages: Excellent layout, look and feel.
Lots of desired bar / restaurant functionality and very intuitive

Inconvénients: I cannot think of 1 off the top my head as it does everything and more that we require

I wish I had more hands so I could give it 4 thumbs down

Publié le 09/06/2016
J H.
Server/Bartender
Support client

Commentaires: So a product demonstration for this POS would undoubtedly be impressive. It works great in theory. And seems very customizable. But in practice it is such a catastrophic failure it will hurt you business. Constant crashes. Tickets will suddenly stop going to the kitchen/bar/pantry causing horrific problems in any restaurant. Often it just slows down. So you can expect to spend an extra 30 seconds waiting to log in to put in orders/cash out tables/print checks. Add that up over the course of a night and you're talking about spending an extra 20 minutes in front of the computer rather than doing things to keep your restaurant running smoothly. Every software update is a nightmare. It resets everything the managers have programmed. It often just screws up the whole system because I'm pretty sure they are not experienced programming POS software. Atrocious customer support. I thankfully don't have to call them. But I've seen managers spend entire nights on the phone trying to get things running correctly. Do yourself a favor. Don't be fooled by this scam of a POS. It will hurt your business.

Great software

Publié le 18/04/2016
Tim G.
Support client

Commentaires: Great software. The front end and back office software is spot on. Will be using South West Systems and Aireus software again for my other uk sites