Avis clients sur DEAR Systems

4,2 /5
  • Service client
    4,4 /5

En savoir plus sur DEAR Systems

Cette solution convient aux petites et moyennes entreprises des secteurs de la vente au détail, de la vente en gros, de la fabrication et de la production alimentaire qui doivent gérer des niveaux de stock.

En savoir plus sur DEAR Systems

236 avis affichés

Nick C.
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 03/10/2019

"The best cloud-based Inventory Management option for SMEs"

Commentaires: As a consultant implementing DEAR Inventory for a wide range of SMEs, we have solved an innumerable amount of problems along the way. From Batch tracking, to serial number tracking, integrations with online stores, accounting, shipping, reporting and forecasting, etc, it is all there. The team at DEAR are generally very quick to respond and offer assistance, and the users are given the power to request and vote on new features to be implemented. The subscription pricing is also at a point where it represents huge value for money.

Avantages: As a cloud integration consultant working with SMEs in Adelaide and interstate to solve inventory management issues by implementing the right software, DEAR has proven again and again to be the leading choice for these businesses and is now our recommended choice as an implementation specialist. DEAR has the functionality to provide a central solution to any SME looking to sell online or instore across a number of channels, and manage all the inventory in one place.The integration with Xero is top notch and the most robust I've seen of almost any app that connects to Xero. The integrations to eCommerce channels are consistent in their setup and options and allow a great deal of flexibility. Complementing these integrations are shipping service integrations that allow for a full suite of inter-connected apps with DEAR as the hub.

Inconvénients: If I had a gripe, it would be around some minor inconsistencies within the UI across various parts of the software, as well as some minor inconsistencies with various reports that are available.

• Publié le 03/10/2019
Dallas L.
Office manager
Vente en gros, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 22/11/2019

"Dear has significantly helped our company"

Commentaires: Our overall experience is positive. It was a little bit of a learning curve, but now that we have it down, I couldn't imagine going back. It helps us stay organized and helps us become more efficient and detailed with our operations.

Avantages: We transferred from Quickbooks to Dear Systems and it has been a great improvement. Our ability to manage inventory is far greater than before with QB. It's simple/easy to use, but also robust and has some very helpful features. We're in the wholesale industry. On the sales side - we love the pick, pack, and ship functions. This allows us to easily provide another level of detail for our customers that we couldn't before. We can enter what we packed on what pallet and then easily print pallet break downs and detailed packing lists. I also like the way you can mass pick, or mass print sales orders. The advance sale option is nice, so you can track back order shipments right on the same screen as the original order.
On the purchase order side, the advance receiving functions let you receive inventory against one PO more than once which is helpful.
We also just started keeping some inventory in another warehouse, so the ability to keep track of that through dear is nice.
Also the B2B portal has been a nice addition to our company as well.

Inconvénients: I think the reporting tab is pretty clunky, that might be what I like least about Dear. They're on the right track, and some of those reports are very helpful. It's just that I have to export them to excel and modify them quite a bit for them to be what I want them to be.
Also I think the "credit purchase order" and "credit sale note" functions are pretty confusing/complicated.

envoyé par DEAR Systems le 21/04/2020

Hello Dallas,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have done major improvements to the reports section. With the new UI/UX improvement that was rolled out in the beginning of 2020 the usability and functionality of reports has never been easier. We have detailed knowledge base articles for each report and how to use it. You can read more about it by visiting https://support.dearsystems.com/support/solutions/folders/1000217591/. If you have any questions you can contact us at any time on support@dearsystems.com & a Customer Success agent will be ready to do a quick demo to help you.

• Publié le 22/11/2019
Luke G.
IT Manager
Vente en gros, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 28/01/2021

"A shot in the arm every business needs"

Commentaires: A worthwhile and rewarding learning curve.

Avantages: Cloud .... Cloud .... Cloud - This cannot be understated in the world we currently live. The support is amazing - its on what's app for goodness sake, can't get much better than that. The UI is very clean and intuitive. The integrations save loads of time and money. Plus all the bog standard features you expect from an ERP system but will actually use because dear is easy to use - the amount of times I hear ' we can do that in SAP but there were too many technical issues so it was never implemented' you don't get that with Dear and if you need help its there for you.

Inconvénients: It is unable to negotiate a UK-AU free trade deal - Dear please work on that ;) There is not much I can put in this box that dear isn't aware of and attempting to address in earnest. The dear academy will address the difficulty of onboarding new employees that aren't used to ERP systems.

envoyé par DEAR Systems le 09/02/2021

Hello Luke,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We continually thrive to do our very best to serve our customers. If you would like to master DEAR we do have a DEAR Academy (https://academy.dearsystems.com/) which will help you become an Inventory Pro.

Please feel free to contact us via email (support@dearsystems.com) or on WhatsApp (+44-1244-940807) if you have any questions or concerns.

• Publié le 28/01/2021
Cole N.
Production Technician
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 03/03/2020

"Poor Experiences"

Commentaires: I wish I had control over whether we switched to a new inventory management system, but all I can do is voice my displeasure and hope that change comes. As for anyone looking into it, it seems to me that DEAR has gotten mostly positive reviews. In my experience, I've had almost nothing positive to say about it. I sincerely hope that everyone will put in a little extra money for something more reliable and customer oriented so they, or those that they work with, will not have to deal with the frustrations our warehouse has gone through.

Avantages: It seems that DEAR is cheaper than other options, and seems to have a wide variety of functionality -- at the very least, it has all the functionality that our company and our warehouse needs.

Inconvénients: This product in particular has been so poor that I dedicated a lot of time to find places to review it. I started using DEAR 4 years ago when I picked up my job at this company. My company was small then, and DEAR had not been in use for very long when I got there. Speed has always been an issue, but it hasn't become a big issue until recently as we've become more dependent on inventory and getting things done in a timely manner. In addition to being slow, we experience almost daily shutdowns of the site where nothing can be accessed. Usually, these last anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes, but the other day it went down for over 2 hours! This was during our shipping time when we are entirely dependent on the system, although it should be noted that we are dependent on it for the majority of the working day anyways. We ended up staying late to compensate -- and it was a Friday. Support was not any help as they always provide empty reassurance that their 'team is working hard to improve and optimize the servers', and don't provide any kind of real fix. I could accept that if it noticeably improved over the years, but it hasn't. Clearly it's not enough of an issue for them to actually address. Overall, terrible software service and terrible customer service. If they excel at anything, it's making their website look pretty -- although I have my complaints about poor functionality of the website as well. TL;DR -- Would not recommend to my worst enemy

envoyé par DEAR Systems le 15/04/2020

Hello Cole,
Thank you for your feedback. Over the last year, we have done a lot of change to improve the performance. To name a few; individual database for each customer, code restructuring, optimize the query, offloading some processing to different servers for quick execution and we also have a 24/7 team monitoring the system for any performance issues & addressing them before customers get affected.
One of our Customer Success Managers has been trying to contact you. We want to give you personalized attention to help you resolve any difficulty you may be facing.

• Publié le 03/03/2020
Luke M.
Produits alimentaires, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 24/06/2019

"Great Product, Great Price"

Commentaires: DEAR does exactly what it says it does, its a no frills solution for a company with basic inventory needs. We moved to DEAR from MS Dynamics NAV due to the fact that Dynamics options were limitless and for a still small but growing business it was too feature heavy and navigating around to get to the parts we needed was tiresome. What I'd really like to see is a stronger roadmap now from Dear to ramp up their features, particularly reporting isn't great, its quite static and you can't build your own, so a report builder would be ideal or an integration with a BI service so that you can build reports elsewhere. Our particular bugbear is trying to track down stock by batch and location, the information is there but its not in the best format. However for the price you can't complain, dear is an easy to use product that serves a wide variety of needs.

Avantages: Easy to use, value for money, cloud based, integrates with finance package, support is great.

Inconvénients: Reporting functionality needs work, no ios app, light on more advanced features

• Publié le 24/06/2019
Ivan H.
Operations Manager
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 15/08/2019

"Great cloud-based ERP software"

Commentaires: It is my first exposure to cloud-based ERP software, DEAR. I am pretty pleased with its performance. Pretty simply to use and easily to understand each module. The tutorial video presentation is really useful which u can easily accessing it by clicking from the main menu. No hassle to go around to find it.
Overall, my management and myself are pleased to spend almost 6 months to switch over from our existing ERP system

Avantages: User friendly
Good video demonstration on tutorial, easy to understand and follow
excellent aftersales support - swift in response

Inconvénients: No direct module to handle goods replacement and warranty process /RMA portions
Not too user friendly or suitable to be used on project based jobs/ activities

• Publié le 15/08/2019
Owen B.
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 22/08/2019

"Simple but very, very effective Inventory management and general business operations software"

Commentaires: The business administration is now a multiple of it's previous efficiency. We can track sales, purchases and performance far, far more efficiently than before. The proof is in the pudding - walk around our sales office and at least one screen on every desk will have DEAR open.

Avantages: The software is made up of simple to understand modules that have a clear purpose and have extremely good help videos and articles available. There is a "simple" and "advanced" version of most functions which makes carrying out most tasks extremely efficient while still having the power of the full functionality available in the background if needed. Any simple document can be changed to an advanced document with the click of a button.

Inconvénients: The "Jobs" or project module is somewhat more difficult to use than other parts of the suite. Projects are a common part of many businesses and a simpler, more intuitive, module that allowed easy quotes and easy conversion to a Job would be a great enhancement.

• Publié le 22/08/2019
Kelly W.
Company Secretary
Papier et produits forestiers, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 31/07/2019

"DEAR systems"

Commentaires: Stock reports and ease and speed of quoting/invoicing/picking stock to allocate, are priceless for us as a small business, where time is of the essence.

Avantages: Ease of use and functionality.
Customer service has been faultless.

Inconvénients: Delay on implementation of new features.

• Publié le 31/07/2019
Sean T.
Finance Director
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 23/12/2019

"Handsome Healthcare"

Commentaires: Very good.

Avantages: Simple to understand and very good integration with other software. Video tutorials were excellent for someone who understands ERP and wants to implement a solution very quickly.

Inconvénients: I would like the ability to change the screen so it is easier to distinguish between organisational units. We use two installations.

envoyé par DEAR Systems le 21/04/2020

Hello Sean,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are happy to let you know that more integrations are been added on a monthly basis (https://dearsystems.com/integrations/). We recently rolled out a major UI/UX improvement. I believe this new update will help you.

If you have any questions please contact us via support@dearsystems.com

• Publié le 23/12/2019
Nigel B.
  • Publié le 19/11/2017

"all in all very happy"

Avantages: "Moved over from sage around 12 months ago to Xero and added Dear which answered the major issues I was having with Sage in that the inventory element (sure, that's not what is was designed for) was woefully inadequate for our business. I have to report that 12 months in that Dear has met and exceeded expectations and added real value to my inventory management and customer order processing. With the recent addition of the B2B portal, and what my customers will be able to do once is it fully operational will really revolutionalise some of the challenges we faced in, for example, letting customers know what is available from stock etc. Overall, we made the right move and I haven't seen a better combination of integrated applications than Dear and Xero!
Well done and thanks to both!"

Inconvénients: Dear is a brilliant and responsive company, although my only gripe, is that there are few updates or communique's relating to bug fixes or developments of the application. Example is the B2B portal, there are many comments about what features are needed and bug fixes, but as yet no commentary from Dear as to which will or won't be incorporated. Like me, many will become less likely to comment f it is not apparent that they are being acknowledged. Come on Dear, at least add a comment!!

envoyé par DEAR Systems Limited le 21/11/2017

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for this review we are happy to hear everything is going well. We would like to take some time to address some of the cons.

We have new updates/releases of new features pretty much on a weekly basis. The minor changes get notified through in app notifications and major monthly releases get sent out as news letters. This can be found in our release notes sections http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/blog/category/release-notes/

Regarding the forum we get a lot of inquiries to add new features and we usually work on an up-voting system and implement suggestions that are most popular against our users. When our businesses analysts decide on what we should implement a planned status will appear next to the suggestion. When its in progress the status will change to 'In Progress' and once finished the status will change to Implemented.

Please see our development road-map for everything that is coming up in relation to B2B enhancements based on user requests http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/development-roadmap/

Best Regards

• Publié le 19/11/2017
Cameron S.
General Manager
Vente en gros, 11-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
  • Publié le 08/07/2020

"Looking good so far"

Commentaires: While still working inside a trial version, in preparation for cutting over from our current system and going live with Dear, I have been pestering the Support team on a daily basis for a few weeks now as I work through the finer points of the system. The Dear support structure is good - well structured with quick response times to questions, Was particularly pleased that one support person (thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) went the the degree to create and send me a custom video demo of the system aspect I was trying to understand that was hard to explain in text. I also found the published Video Tutorials and support pages helpful.

Avantages: While thinking, as a Distributor, we have 'out-of-the-box' requirements for managing our inventory and processes around it, the exercise of evaluating our idiosyncrasies in order to go shopping for a new IM system has taught me that there's possibly not the absolute perfect system for any business, but the Dear system is beating the rest as it ticks most of the boxes on my wish-list for an inventory management system. For a complex system it's relatively intuitive and seems to be built with real world functionality in mind. In addition to my list of specific features, I was looking for a system that could automate as much of our manual tasks and work flows as possible - reduce the amount of data entry required and minimise opportunities for human error. Compared to other systems reviewed, Dear excels in this area.

Inconvénients: Possible just a COVID thing ...or just a modern day thing, but I remember the days when; if you were looking at making a big commitment to something as important at the system that would manage all your inventory and link to your financials, someone would sit down with you and work through your specifics, helping you evaluate their offering as the right purchase decision for you to make. These days, it's "down load a free version and have a play". I've probably reached the sames decision based on the latter, but it's definitely taken up a lot more of my time to do so. Granted, phone calls and screen sharing sessions are on offer, but I find the time-limited sessions, working with generic databases etc. less beneficially that the old fashioned way. Not a short coming of the Dear System itself and every software company may have the same M.O, but perhaps an opportunity for Dear to differentiate themselves from the masses and win more fans - and quickly?

envoyé par DEAR Systems le 24/07/2020

Hello Cameron,
I am glad that DEAR has met your expectations in terms of being an out of the box solution.
We recognize the important role that DEAR plays in our customers daily business & we do put a lot of thought into to how to make DEAR user friendly and automate most of your business processors.
To help our customer setup DEAR faster, we do offer an onboarding & training (https://dearsystems.com/onboarding-and-training/); where we help all our customers to make the transition smoother. If your interested you can book a call with us and one of your Customer Success agents will get in touch with you - https://calendly.com/dear-systems/20-minute-call

• Publié le 08/07/2020
Paul G.
MD
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 11/06/2020

"Was a great system with lots of pro's but now massively flawed!"

Commentaires: Performance issues are far far too common, and they seem to be unable to support them.

Avantages: Contains the vast majority of required features to operate a successful e-commerce store. Nice layout, not too bulky, and sticks to what its good at. API is well written which allows you to expand usability with third party apps.

Inconvénients: Performance! Over the past 6 months this has gone from bad to worse. The odd hang, became frequent hangs, then time outs on the server. The latest sizeable price increase to allow them to fix this was unwelcome as I already pay for a package that is supposed to perform as promised. This left a little bit of a sour taste. Now though, once again, their system is down, completely!
My team cannot access anything, at all. If a call or email comes through, we cannot see stock, prices, lead times, not even the customer records.
Support say they are working on it, the ETA? Don't know. Great.
I say avoid until they sort out their issues with performance. I will be looking for alternatives as I cannot afford this kind of issue, and paying more for the service they are already supposed to be offering is bad form in my opinion.

envoyé par DEAR Systems le 01/07/2020

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that the new UI/UX that was rolled has met your expecations.
We are constantly scalling DEAR to meet the preformance needs of our customers.
Some of our customers in the Microsoft East US data centre experienced a System Outage. This was caused by unexpected behaviour in the Microsoft Datacenter. You can find out more details about the above incident at https://status.azure.com/en-us/status/history/ June 2020 6/11 Storage - East US - Mitigated (Tracking ID 9VHK-J80). The DEAR monitoring team, which is working 24/7 to have an eye out for any performance issues, immediately spotted this and promptly contacted Microsoft to report, monitor and got the incident resolved. We recognize the important role that DEAR plays in your daily business. Rest assured we have taken the necessary steps, in discussion with Microsoft, to avoid this from occurring again.

• Publié le 11/06/2020
Samuel F.
Technology & Operations Officer
Matières plastiques, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 02/04/2020

"Great manufacturing aid"

Commentaires: Dear lets us manage the extraordinary combination of materials, compounds and product that we manufacture on a daily basis in a straightforward manner. For some of our operations--for example when we create 10-30 batches of a particular material--use of the API is almost mandatory for efficient data entry--but generally the interface does a great job. Our business is on a much stronger financial and engineering footing using DEAR.

Avantages: The sales, production and purchasing modules provide an excellent integrated platform for our manufacturing operations. We stock over 300 chemicals to make hundreds of rubber compounds that we use in production of custom rubber products and Dear keeps the complexity under control. I love the continual upgrades on the cloud and the easy access from anywhere. Finally, the standard interface is good but the API lets us implement solutions to meet specific needs at various points in our production.

Inconvénients: While the technical support is excellent I find I occasionally need to reach out to them because the online documentation is not well organized. The reporting module is adequate but often requires off-line processing to get the results you are looking for. They make that easy with excel exporting but it is impossible to create a report that is self-explanatory. For example, you can build complex filters to get specific results but you can not re-title the generic report with a specific name, or include the filter values to explain your data. I also wish the date fields would accept time information so that we could capture real-time production data in the system--at the moment you can only enter a start and stop date when you create finished goods.

envoyé par DEAR Systems le 15/04/2020

Hello Samuel,
Thank you for your review. We are continually striving to improve the service we provide to our valuable customers. As a part of the improvement, we will be restructuring our knowledge base to reflect the module structure in the inventory application so that it will be easy for our customers to find information quicker. As we release more features we update the current knowledge base on a weekly basis. We have taken your reports suggestion into consideration. Please check our roadmap for updates when it will be released to production.

• Publié le 02/04/2020
Dave S.
Owner/Director
    Sans note
  • Publié le 14/01/2018

"After trialing three chosen cloud-based stock-management solutions for my clients DEAR won my vote."

Avantages: The software can be used "out-of-the-box" after a minimal amount of setup, and can also be used in more complex installations where bespoke software development might be needed. The simplicity of the initial setup, the simplicity of the menu navigation, and the speed with which new users are able to grasp what they need to do to accomplish their tasks caused me to take a closer look at this software and I'm glad I took the time to do so. The multiple warehouse locations field, along with the multiple bin locations field, both available in DEAR but not available in some other offerings, is a basic requirement of a stock management system as far as I am concerned. Whilst the software might appear complex for first-time users, those with experience of stock systems and business processes should find it a breeze to set up and use for the purpose intended, especially if they are familiar with setting up other software. It's an advantage, but not a requirement, if the person(s) setting it up also have an understanding of business accounts and are able to find their way around creating/editing MS Word mail-merge templates. I am impressed that I have been able to use the software to accomplish pretty much every task that my clients' have asked of it so far. The ease of integration with other cloud-based applications puts another tick in the box for me.

Inconvénients: This is a comment and not a complaint; although the reporting functionality in the 'out-of-the-box' version is adequate there is room for improvement. The limitations can be overcome by exporting the files and adapting them as needed. Those with a more specific software development skill- set (or more time to learn) would be able to achieve a great deal more from the software than is possible using the 'out-of-the-box' version.

• Publié le 14/01/2018
  • Publié le 17/11/2017

"DEAR Systems, much more than an inventory plugin!"

Avantages: // DEAR SYSTEMS DOES + Manage inventory with different sales channels
+ Send PO/Invoices/Quote/.../... with customisable template
+ Auto assemblies
+ Bundles
+ Issues to production
+ Sync to accounting software
+ Handles goods in transit, FX gain or Loss etc
+ They are working on a reseller portal
+ They are working on a POS
+ Chat support is knowledgeable and they really try to help you

Inconvénients: They have a forum where users can chat together and upvote functionalities requests. - They are totally absent from that forum, they say they scan it to update their roadmap but they won't engage in the conversation at all. - Functionalities are added too fast without feedback from their users. They really need to work on their communication with their active users.

envoyé par DEAR Systems Limited le 21/11/2017

Dear François,

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that mostly everything is going well with DEAR. Would like to address your concern with forum activity and explain a little further the process.

The user feature requests work on an up-voting system. When our business analysts review suggestions they look at the ones that have been up voted the most by users. We then need to do market research to see potentially how many businesses this feature would be applicable to and if changes are made we need to make sure that existing users do not get affected by these changes.

When a suggestion is accepted the status will change to Planned. Once it is scheduled for development it will appear on our development roadmap with an ETA. When we start implementing it the status will change on the forum to In Progress. Once we finish the status will change to Implemented.

We'd like to develop every feature we are asked for and we do have to prioritise the work we undertake. We will always measure the demand for certain features, both through our forum and other industry sources.

Some links below to pages that will help understand what has been done recently and where we are heading.

Release notes - http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/blog/category/release-notes/

Development Roadmap -