Glip needs to be on more people's radar... it's fantastic!

Publié le 30/12/2018
Greg A.
Founder & Creative Director
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: After going through an extensive process where our company tested multiple project management platforms (Slack, daPulse, Asana, Wunderlist, and more), Glip came out the clear winner. The ease of use and the way the whole platform is based on conversations were the determining factors. We love the way Glip is really just conversations that you can turn into all sorts of actionable items such as file sharing, task list generation, etc. Easy to use, incredibly feature rich, and improving all the time. Glip needs to be experienced by more people!

Inconvénients: Honestly, the fact that not many people have heard of it compared to some of the competitors that we feel Glip is superior to. Folks we work with wanted to use other platforms and Glip was something they just had not heard of so collaborating was a little challenging at times due to that fact.

A brilliant and powerful team messaging and collaboration solution

Publié le 13/12/2019
Carlo P.
IT Technician
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall I have found it a great piece of software and has allowed us to collaborate much better and much more efficiently as a team - this is the Skype replacement we wish we found sooner!

Avantages: Glip is very easy to use, as well as deploy. It allows many of us off-site technicians to collaborate and communicate, either directly or part of a team. The GIF implementation is also handy!

Inconvénients: As I work on filtered sites (schools) I often have to unblock the URLs that are required for Glip, and some things like the GIFs cannot be unblocked as they dont align with school policies.

The web app is fantastic, the mobile implementations need work

Publié le 15/10/2019
Ricardo O.
Creative Director
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: When using the web app Glip is great. Easy to use, and it offers a robust set of tools for different types of projects. The mobile apps are quite limited and do not live up to what the Glip web app can accomplish.

Avantages: Glip offers an interesting set of tools to manage a team. Simple to use, yet very effective . Integrates effectively with a ton of other apps. To me Gmail integration is a great plus.

Inconvénients: No Kanban view of tasks, sorting of tasks is a bit cumbersome and never extended to Mobile apps, which in my opinion look like an after thought

Low quality Slack clone

Publié le 16/11/2018
Maciej K.
Designer
Design, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Glip has apps for majority of platforms and is cheaper than Slack. It's being actively developed, so missing features are starting to show up.

Inconvénients: Well, it's not that great overall compared to Slack. The major pain point is how it handles notifications (although they are working on it.) Since my company moved to Glip from Slack I started to miss a lot of important conversations since Glip won't notify you when someone uses your name (they have to explicitly mention you.) Until now Glip didn't have a way to notify you when someone direct messages you—again, they would have to mention you. The workaround was to enable notifications for everything, but that's not an option when you're part of a bigger organization. Another issue was (this feature is now in beta) showing how many direct messages or mentions you have in your dock. They would only show all unread messages from all your channels, so that could quickly grow to 1000+. Another thing besides notifications is lack of easy sign-in on mobile. Slack would send you a magic link you tap to sign in. It's especially annoying, since I'm being logged out on my mobile app quite often. Last but not least, design. It's a type-heavy app and typography simply doesn't cut it. Slack's look and feel is way way better. Overall, if you're looking for a Slack alternative, you may consider something else.

Glip Review

Publié le 07/06/2019
Kieran M.
Sales and Operations Manager
Services à la personne et aux familles, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: During business hours, it is great for keeping on top of everything. As a manager, I need to be in the loop of everything that goes on in this building. Glip is a great way to be informed and have constant communication. It documents what has been said and when which is a great reference for any business owner. Let's face it, constant communication is KEY and utilizing Glip offers that.

Avantages: Glip is an interactive digital communication system that allows users to communicate throughout facilities without ever having to leave their seat. I would recommend Glip to any company that has more than 1 department. Glip allows secure and confidential communication to a group of users as well as individual users for discretionary purposes.

Inconvénients: If you sign up for glip on your phone, you can never REALLY turn it off. Messages keep coming thru regardless if you are signed on or not.

Makes Communication Faster and Easier

Publié le 06/12/2019
Adam S.
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Glip is through Ring Central and was a nice 'add-on' that you get with their product. We started using it because it was available and it has been very helpful.

Avantages: It's a great tool that makes communicating in the office faster and easier. You can have different message groups set up so that you're sending the right messages to the right people. Its easy to use and in the years we've been using it we haven't had an issues.

Inconvénients: We don't take advantage of everything it has to offer. We use it for the basic messaging functionality and have not run into any issues with it.

Love this team messaging software

Publié le 14/05/2019
Co-Founder & Director of Client Experience
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This is my go-to messaging software for teams. Not only is there a free version that you can use, it also has a calendar, notes, gifs, video conferencing and task management built right in. A great all-in-one team collaboration tool.

Inconvénients: It can be difficult to navigate and learn at first, but once you have the hang of it is a daily tool to help you manage your day and communicate with your team.

Glip is great for small teams!

Publié le 09/12/2019
Rivka N.
Web Designer/developer
Internet, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Glip is great for teams who have multiple projects they're working on, and need to collaborate remotely. It has really been great in helping us organize an collaborate on our projects.

Avantages: I love that I can create tasks, and chat directly on the task so all questions regarding that task is available at a click. IT has a really quick chat feature, so it's great when working on a project with other mebers of your team remotely.

Inconvénients: There are softwares better for task management - I don't love the interface for setting a project up.

Ring Central Glip Review

Publié le 05/04/2019
Client Success Advisor
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: A great benefit of Glip is the abilty to create tasks for the day, the phone system is amazing, and the chat, too!

Avantages: My co-workers and I LOVE glip. I specifically use Glip everyday for daily tasks and phone calls. I use to use a notebook and would make a list everyday of what needed to be done. Now, I simply create tasks as they day goes on. Glip allows me to color coordinate each task and it crosses it off when I am done without deleting it so I can see what I have accomplished. The phone aspect is very smooth and the audio is great. Very simple and easy to use.

Inconvénients: One downfall about the phone is transferring a call. When you cold transfer, the call on hold is then received by the person it is being transferred to. However, when you warm call and speak to the person you are sending the call to and then transfer, it does not go through. I am not sure if it is something on our end. But it would be nice to be able to speak with the other co-worker first before transferring the call.

Great software

Publié le 13/08/2019
Lauren D.
Account manager
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I use this for learning purposes and it’s very helpful

Inconvénients: There’s nothing that I don’t like about this product

Glip is the most effective productivity tool I've ever used to date (despite its shortcomings).

Publié le 13/09/2017
Timm C.
Director of Media & Communications
Institutions religieuses, 13-50 employés

Commentaires: See review.

Avantages: Glip is an [almost] all-in-one, [almost] unified productivity tool takes a bunch of what I liked about Asana's task-management, and combines it with the instant messaging functionality of Slack. Glip makes team communication, collaboration, and task/project management as simple as instant messaging. Whereas Asana begins and revolves around task-management, Glip begins with conversation, which is a much more organic way to collaborate, I think. Glip excels in its instant messaging, which does more than just the usual chat. In addition to allowing users to easily communicate with their teams and co-workers, Glip's desktop app allows you to create and assign tasks, create and share (and annotate) notes and documents, schedule events, and attach files from your preferred cloud service...all through its instant messenger. Pretty snazzy. The mobile app is a significantly paired-down version of the desktop app, but again, it excels at instant messaging - very response, keeps you connected to your teams...just with less functionality. Overall, I definitely recommend Glip.

Inconvénients: While there are a few things here and there that need to be addressed, it's Glip's calendar that hurts the experience for me. To put it simply - Glip's calendar is inadequate. More specifically, the calendar fails in its ability to effectively schedule recurring tasks and events. While it does allow for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly scheduling, it does not allow for more specific intervals. For example, our organization has an evening staff meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of every month - we can't schedule it Glip. As much as I want to use the Glip calendar personally, it's shortcomings force me to use the ever-faithful Google Calendar...which means, it's not really an all-in-one solution (which is supposed to be Glip's hook!). My suggestion to the Glip team is to look at what Google Calendar does as far as scheduling is concerned and copy it! As far as the mobile experience is concerned, my two biggest gripes are 1) the 7-day calendar (seriously, why?); and 2) the inability to sort/filter tasks. Aside from the above, it's just ok. As mentioned previously, it's definitely not as full-featured as the desktop app...but, since instant messaging is Glip's primary function, it does that trick just fine.

Glip also known as just RingCentral

Publié le 19/12/2018
IT Specialist
Services et technologies de l'information, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use Glip as a communications tool for multiple departments across our business. It has been a great tool for organizing our conversations by group and allowing us to keep a history of our conversations, which our previous chat program had a 10,000 message limit to the history shown.

Avantages: We really enjoy using the built in gif search in Glip. It is a useful chat program that is easy to use. It helps us organize our conversations by group so that if our website developers are having a discussion about something, it does not get interrupted by the data teams conversation on a different topic. It has a phone app so you can stay connected to the chat group even while on the go, which is useful for after hour and weekend conversations.

Inconvénients: One of the things I do not like about Glip is that the Windows notifications are sometimes delayed and do not come up for a minute or more. It is helpful to be able to see the notifications when I get a new message because I do not always have the tab with Glip open in my browser.

Great Project Management Tool

Publié le 12/10/2018
Kristi C.
Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
Divertissement, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Glip has transformed our team communication efforts. I no longer worry if a task is going to be completed on time or forgotten. WIth Glip, we are able to stay organized and communicate more effencently. It has met our needs well.

Avantages: Glip has allowed my marketing team to work and communicate more efficiently. We market 40+ events annually, and Glip has allowed us to organize each event marketing plan, assign team-specific tasks, and upload documents with ease so that everyone on the team is informed. The organization and task management capabiliites of this software has been one of the best communications tools that we have ever used as a department.

Inconvénients: The task assignment feature has been vital to our team, but it does not have the option of changing the task progress. Tasks can only be listed as incomplete or complete. I would love to have the capability, to change a task status to options like: working, pending approval, assistance needed, etc. so that our team can know what tasks others are struggling with or at what stage a task might be in.

Fantastic Organizational and Management Collaboration Tool

Publié le 14/11/2017
Ashlie P.
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall the software has saved us tons in time and money being able to manage the different teams all in one place and easily communicate.

Avantages: Easy to collaborate with a team AND keep all of my organizational and plans up to date, sharing them only with those who need access to collaborate. Very easy to organize as well. And very easy to communicate with other members of the organization.

Inconvénients: I wish the calendar had the ability to have things recure based on the #th day of the month or by the #rd day of the week of the month, having more control over the frequency. I also think they could make it more user friendly in terms of keeping files and such organized

Glip has Revolutionized Our Workflow and Communication

Publié le 17/08/2018
David S.
Design Director, Website Dept.
Impression, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Excellent messaging features, including practical things like tagging people, keyboard shortcuts, and inline attachment previews, as well as fun features like GIF's and Memes. Where Glip really stands out from the competition however is in its productivity features, and how easy it is to manage tasks, teams, notes, and calendar. Very versatile and accessible anywhere, as there are phone, desktop, and web apps all available. Vibrant, responsive community and support.

Inconvénients: Honestly can't think of any drawbacks to the software at this time.

Good follow up software

Publié le 07/06/2018
Rushang D.
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Before using Glip, it was difficult to send messages and communicate across the company. Sure we had email and text messages, but there was no central hub for us as means to communicate. Emails get over flooded with important and unimportant emails, this software has been useful and I would recommend it to small sized businesses.

Avantages: This software is really good to follow up with employees after given a particular task
You can make groups, add attachments and set up a reminder to follow up
Includes collaborative document editing, a team calendar, and PDF markup tools.

Inconvénients: Honestly, I have been using glip on a daily basis since 1 year and have not come across any negatives for this software. They could definitely work on expanding the features

File sharing, video conferencing, task assignment and group messaging; all for free with RingCentral.

Publié le 01/11/2017
Michael M.
Help Desk Manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Everyone in our office uses Glip because it's bundled with RingCentral and that's our unified communications solution. File sharing, starting calls or video meetings, creating and assigning tasks, groups of as many or few team members as you need - I don't know if there's anything groundbreaking here, but it is all included in one app, it IS all essential, and if you're a RingCentral customer it's 100% free.

Inconvénients: My preference would be for synchronization between Glip's calendar and Google's to be a two way street. But although you can upload your Google calendar to Glip, the extra functionality within Glip prohibits updates there from syncing back to Google.

Glip is the best for Organization & Planning!

Publié le 09/06/2017
Jj B.
Health Coach
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Being able to keep track of information in one place. And you can go back to it later.. instead of emailing yourself or texting people.. that stuff gets lost.

Avantages: The 3 'tier' system. You can click on a task and have a conversation only about that task.. it will appear in the 3rd tier... or the 'shelf'. You can copy images very fast and paste them right in a conversation.

Inconvénients: It has a bit of a learning curve. It works best if you design it for YOU. For example.. 'TEAMS'.. Can be anything. At first, you try to make a team of people... but I decided to just make it the main topic or subject. Then, Under that TEAM.. I could make a task, event... etc.

Fun, easy to use, messaging platform

Publié le 11/07/2018
Associate Workforce Systems Analyst
Logiciels, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Glip is very intuitive and easy to use. It allows quick, instant messaging throughout the company. You can create teams or talk 1 on 1. You can also incorporate notes, tasks, events, and files in your conversation, storing them all in a convenient "shelf" making it very easy to find that document you may have shared and lost once upon a time. We also LOVE the gif keyboard, makes company communications way more fun.

Inconvénients: The software tends to crash or glitch every so often. It can be a little slow upon start-up, but that does not happen too frequently. Sometimes the notifications can be inconsistent or continue to pop up even if you have them turned off, but that is not too bothersome.

I love Glip without Glip I wouldn't have a team

Publié le 27/10/2017
Nathy M.
Services financiers, 2-10 employés

Commentaires: Overall great software

Avantages: Glip has allowed me to keep my virtual and in-house team connected at all times. We have the ability to manage different teams, have different conversations about projects and subjects. I love how organized it allows you to be. We have an app so no one ever miss out on any important notes.

Inconvénients: We would like the ability to temporarily block agents to logging into glip without removing them as a user. Also we would like the ability to restrict some employees from downloading the app as sensitive information are shared on Glip.

GLIP Social Workspace

Publié le 18/10/2018
Vice President Of Lending
Services financiers, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Being able to organize your workflow and collaborate with colleagues makes GLIP a phenomenal tool to boost office productivity. The new integration with Ringcentral's phone system makes it a single spot for your communications, helping to alleviate needing multiple tabs running different applications.

Inconvénients: It can be a little difficult to navigate and is not the most intuitive design, but once you learn the layout it becomes second nature. There definitely is a learning curve that some employees may resist.

Glip works to foster collaboration

Publié le 27/08/2018
IT Director
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Its easy to use and the layout are intuitive. This helps users feel comfortable with the interface making it more likely to be used. There is sufficient functionality to make it very useful without being overwhelming.

Inconvénients: I wish it had better administrator controls over groups/teams and a high level view of how content is being created in the organization.

Very useful communication tool

Publié le 20/04/2018
Harue M.
Associate Administrative Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: There are so many communication tools. But this system is built by communication (phone application) company, therefore it is a very comprehensive system.

Avantages: If you have RingCentral, Glip comes with it. It is integrated with phone application. So communication is seamless.

Inconvénients: It doesn't have file storing function (as far as I know). I can attach files but it is not ideal to keep files in Glip.

Good Startup Team Collaboration Tool

Publié le 24/04/2018
Jesus P.
CEO/President
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: If you have a small, startup business, and you need an easy way to communicate with other team members in one place, Glip can help. It's recent integration with RingCentral is helpful as well.

Inconvénients: Tech challenged employees take longer to acclimate to Glip. When you create teams or conversations, you can't easily remove employees from them. Instead, you need to start new groups and hope no one bumps the old conversation. Has Zapier integration, but could use more hooks to allow communication with other Zaps.

Great inter-office and out of office communication tool!

Publié le 08/08/2017
Brad E.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Quick communication as easy as texting or emailing with a multitude of additional features.

Avantages: Allows our team to quickly message each other, share files, and listen to VM our audio. I love that you can receive messages from someone else regardless of whether your are mobile or at a computer.

Inconvénients: Glip sometimes glitches and it takes some time with tech support to resolve the issues. They are responsive but the fix doesn't always come quickly. As an integrated (free) service with Ring Central VOIP service you can't beat the pricing!