Gusto - Payroll Simplified For A Busy Small Business

Publié le 30/08/2019
Alex B.
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, Gusto is a great software. It has added some automation into our payroll and business. It gives me the peace of mind that my employees are being paid on time, and that taxes and insurance are being handled correctly. The added PTO features, and the ability to add retirement, and healthcare in the same platform is amazing as well.

Avantages: We chose to move to Gusto when we looked to simplify and streamline our payroll. As a small business owner juggling payroll and all the other tasks associated with running a business, PTO management, HR management etc., was becoming a big time sink and we did some research and came across Gusto. Moving to Gusto simplified and automated many of those above tasks. It made it easier to track employee time off requests, made it dead simple and automated getting employees to fill out forms, and sign HR documents. And handling payroll, taxes, and such was so much easier after moving to Gusto. Once payroll was set up and configured, it runs on Autopilot. This allows me to know that payroll is being done every 2 weeks and that I have nothing to worry about. We hire a new employee and the employee is automatically added to the system and I know that everything is done correctly, including the workmen's comp insurance, etc. Overall, Gusto allows me to be more efficient with time and ensure everything is being taken care of.

Inconvénients: The hardest part for us and the least liked feature in Gusto is trying to set up net-zero paychecks for me and my partner. There was no easy way to set up a paycheck to go completely to taxes. It required some calculations and messing with withholding amounts. Would be nice if there was an easier way to implement net-zero paychecks.

We've Been With Them Since Their Beginning

Publié le 14/08/2018
Pamela D.
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I would highly recommend them. Their site is so easy to use compared to other payroll companies (especially ADP). The people are nice and the price is great for all the things you get. They're more than just a payroll company.

Avantages: Easy to use. Clear, concise interface. Pricing is reasonable. They make it really easy to open a 401k account for your team even if you're a super small company. Support has usually answered within 24-48 hours. Phone support is available. Integrates relatively easily with accounting software by mapping accounts and exporting as special files.

Inconvénients: Really, only three minor complaints: I miss their old name, ZenPayroll. Gusto just doesn't explain them like ZenPayroll did. Payroll truly is easy with them. Gusto is literally defined as "the enjoyment or vigor in doing something; zest"—the direct opposite of Zen. That's a total reversal that doesn't make sense. Also, deposits into employee accounts show up as Gusto rather than our company. Finally, accounting integration is dependent on downloading files and then importing. I would really like to see direct integration with the major accounting platforms like Quickbooks and Xero. I know, I'm nitpicking in both cases, but I had to think of something...

Great service!

Publié le 15/08/2019
Jack S.
Dentist
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The overall experience with Gusto has been great! We shopped around last December and got it right with Gusto. It would be hard to believe anyone out there could be the value that Gusto has.

Avantages: This was exactly what we needed for our small company that just needed basic payroll. There is more functionality should we ever need it but the basic set up is a great price and covers our payroll needs.

Inconvénients: There really are no downsides. The service is great at reminding to submit payroll and giving exact numbers to expect before submitting.

I LOVE Gusto! Gusto is pleasant to use and takes care of soo many things I don't want to worry about

Publié le 02/07/2018
Brad H.
Co-Founder/Chief Janitor
Restaurants
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: 1- Saves the headache of having no idea where to start with many accounting and HR functions of your business: No business owner actually enjoys worrying about all of those things. Gusto takes many of the functions that are most confusing/frustrating as a business owner and does them for you so you feel confidence that you aren't missing anything and it's done right.
2- Saves time: It automates many of the functions that shouldn't ever be done manually. And because of that I don't have to do as much or I don't have to pay as much for routine services that don't add value to my business.
3- Saves money: As a startup, you feel like you need to figure out a lot of things a normal business would normally just pay for because you can't afford it. Gusto is affordable enough that it's doable for a young company all while doing enough work that it's easy to justify the cost, which many services fail to do.

Avantages: It's SIMPLE!!! One of few products/software I unequivocally love! Most every business owner hates doing tedious accounting, payroll and HR work that takes away valuable time from their being able to work on what's most important, their business. Gusto takes care of Federal tax payments, calculations, payroll setup, and a number of other things that are a black hole to me and makes it all feel manageable. If I want to add a new employee, I just click to set up a new employee and Gusto walks you and the employee step by step through everything that needs to be done. And for far cheaper than paying an accounting firm!
I also love their playfulness and marketing. They make using their service truly a pleasure to use at every touchpoint.

Inconvénients: I can't say this about many software that I use, but I have loved absolutely everything about Gusto. I can't say enough about it. Maybe my only complaint is that they don't take care of legal and other stuff I really dislike doing.

Simply the best

Publié le 10/09/2019
Co-Founder
Production audiovisuelle, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've tried so many other payroll packages. Gusto is the quickest to setup and maintain.

Avantages: Ease of use to run payroll for both Employees and Contractors. They also have an awesome employee feedback service, which allows me to get a pulse on how the company is running directly from the employees themselves.

Inconvénients: It's a bit pricy but totally worth it if you want a simplified easy to use solution.

Want to hug Gusto

Publié le 28/07/2016
Miriam M.
Comptabilité
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I am a bookkeeper, but I hate payroll. Hate it! It's confusing, and there are a lot of regulations, and a lot of paperwork. Gusto's online system makes it more clear than any other system I've seen, and in fact, sometimes I use it to clean up messes that other payroll services have made. I haven't seen any errors yet for my clients, and when I call about something, I've always gotten a good and useful answer. Also handy to include contractor payments for small consulting firms. Employees and contractors like the online access to pay stubs and so on.

Inconvénients: Some things are a little inflexible, due to it being a piece of software rather than a service. So, for example, you can't tell it to add $100 to someone's paycheck once a month for a transportation allowance. Rather, you have to do $50 each paycheck. This works fine if you do payroll monthly or bi-monthly, but if you're on a 2-week system, you end up adding it manually each time. Anyway, just a few issues like that. I think their contractor system is limited and a bit expensive - I would love to add a way to be clearer about invoice numbers and other memo/description issues.

Modern Day Payroll

Publié le 26/08/2019
Wil S.
Marketing Software Admin
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Gusto is just on another level when it comes to payroll and personal information. To be able to access your pay, benefits, time off and view your 401K all from your account would be unheard of a couple of years back. I am able to easily go in and access all my info whenever I want without the hassle of approval or mailing anything which made moving for me stress-free. They're even creative with their fun facts of what you've been paid all year could have gotten you.

Inconvénients: No negatives I can think of with Gusto other than the fact that I wish they existed in my life sooner. Then again I did come from a job where I need my paystubs mailed to me which was caveman technology to me.

Super Payroll Solution for Small Businesses

Publié le 08/09/2018
Karla G.
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This is my go-to solution for any client whose payroll we are involved with. We use it ourselves and highly recommend to small businesses. If you go through your accountant there is a discount on the subscription price. The subscription can be paid by the client or the accountant.

Avantages: This is a cloud based solution with a subscription price that is less than the big payroll companies. I like that you can have employees "onboard" themselves by filling in their personal information and bank information for direct deposit. This increases accuracy and preserves the employee security. I also like that the business HAS to have the payroll tax payments withdrawn with the payroll submission thus enforcing compliance. Gusto does all the Payroll Tax Return fillings, you can log in and get them. There is no need to print or deliver paychecks, which saves money and time - employees can get their stubs and W-2 by download. It integrates with your accounting software for automated recording, another time saver that increases accuracy. Support is excellent, and they deal with any notices resulting from transactions on their watch. If payroll is the same each time you can set to autopay!

Inconvénients: Some of my clients would like Gusto to submit garnishments or retirement payments, but that is not something they do.

Gusto? They didn't need my business any longer.

Publié le 02/07/2019
Sheila J.
Construction, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Had a good experience until we had to suspend payroll due to a lull in business (you keep getting billed whether you run payroll or not). The stipulation is you have to reactivate within the quarter if you want to continue using Gusto. Well, the end of the quarter fell on a Sunday and trying to reactivate first thing Monday morning did not work. You cannot reactivate your account for another year. Makes absolutely no sense that a few hours made that much of a difference. The were willing to lose a customer and let me walk away instead of reactivating the account.

Avantages: Easy to use and navigate. Customer service is friendly and helpful. Reports are clear and concise.

Inconvénients: Wait time for customer service is lengthy and usually requires a call back which they prompt for automatically or disconnect if the wait time is over 10 minutes. Monthly invoices are hard to find if you don't use the link provided in your email notification.

Awesome payroll support for small businesses.

Publié le 19/06/2018
Neha T.
Tax Consultant
Conseil en gestion, 10 001+ employés
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Gusto is a perfect and easy to use payroll portal both for employer & employees. It has a self on boarding system, for employers to send new hires their offer letter and paper work through its portal. Employees can easily update their address, direct deposit info, withholding all in one place. Previous month’s pay stubs can also be accessed easily. Employees can easily load W2 directly into turbo tax through its website. One can also keep track on the taxes paid. Gusto also offers detailed description and helpful tips of required information to be inputted. Its editing process is also very simple & straightforward when any changes need to be made to employee info or business features.

Inconvénients: Gusto seems overwhelmed and unprepared for the renewal period. Also there is no invoice function, so contractors cannot submit an invoice and have their managers approve it. A separate system for contractors for invoicing needs to be maintained. Also Direct Deposit should be little faster. Customer service is also not that good.

Gusto changed my world!!

Publié le 16/04/2018
Professional Cleaner
Services à la personne et aux familles, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Gusto saves me so much time and worry. I know that our benefits are managed correctly and that we are always in compliance. I also know that everything on the payroll side is taken care of and if there is an issue or mistake the super amazing customer support team is ready to help!

Avantages: We love using Gusto for not only our payroll but they also manage all of our benefits. Gusto managing our benefits has been such a life saver! I don't have to think about being in compliance anymore I know that they are keeping everything up to date. I get reminders when it's time to run payroll, when new employees need to sign up for benefits and when we need to renew our benefits.

Inconvénients: Gusto has wonderful customer support the only downside for me is that when you call in you are always talking to a new person, sometimes that can make it a little challenging to efficiently get the answer or help I'm looking for, but they will help until the job is done!

Head of Business Improvmenent and HR

Publié le 30/06/2015
Nicole B.
HR Director
Logiciels
4.5 / 5
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Support. They see every issue through as if you're the most important or the only client. They're thorough and they tolerate you if you're on a learning curve (we're an Australian business setting up our US operations and health etc benefits is a new and unnatural thing for a business to grapple with). The software is flawless and usability is perfect. We run our payroll in a few clicks, and that's because we don't choose autopilot. Used to run benefits thru Zenefits who made a lot of errors, and zenpayroll stepped in without hesitation or complaint and ran every correction. It's complete, not half cooked. It's how software and support should be done.

Inconvénients: We are a global business, and things are done differently in other countries for payroll. For instance, we don't need to go thru the pain and inefficiently of supporting benefits in other countries. Plus there is different legislation and tax setups etc. I wish zenpayroll was configured to support payroll in other countries so companies like ours growing elsewhere could benefit from One-payroll without considering the bigger and clunkier vendors. If you're growing, most likely you're growing globally or planning to. Otherwise it's perfect.

Finally! A quick and easy resource for paychecks.

Publié le 28/12/2018
Liz B.
Creative Department Manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is so hard to find a simple platform with a clean interface when it comes Payroll but Gusto has achieved that. I have used several different programs and Gusto is by far my favorite because of the ease of use. I also love the email they send on payday that says "Hooray! You got paid today." Gusto seems to know what the typical employee wants when they log into their payroll application - as soon as you sign in there is a big blue button that says "See your last paystub", super helpful and saves time! You can also easily access your PTO time, year to date statistics on your wages, taxes, net salary, hours worked, and other helpful statistics. On just a small fun note, their graphics on their website are adorable.

Inconvénients: Honestly I do not have anything that I dislike about this software. It is incredibly simple and reliable.

Love Gusto

Publié le 17/09/2019
Director, International Operations
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It is an engaging payroll software and we really enjoy using it.

Avantages: The best part about Gusto is the simple layout, to the employee. It is fresh, fun and easy to navigate. There are animations and you can really store a ton of useful information on the employee page, including pay history, position information and tax info. Also, the bi-weekly pay email is fun and energizing.

Inconvénients: The only issue I have ever encountered with Gusto is the way the paycheck renders when you click to view it. It often expands past the edge of the screen and makes it hard to view. Luckily, there are a few ways to review this information.

Excellent payroll service for small businesses

Publié le 12/04/2019
Lisa H.
PC/Network technician and business owner
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have used three other payroll services, and Gusto is much better than any of them for my business. I spend a few minutes each pay period and my employees get paid. I spend a little more time to add an employee, change a rate of pay, or remove an employee who quits, but all of those processes take a minimal amount of effort to provide me with a lot of peace of mind.

Avantages: It is so easy to set up and use! On the regulatory and government side, it takes care of all filings and payments for federal and state taxes and unemployment, and it sends email reminders when I need to do something. The user interface, online help, and email help are all friendly, lighthearted, and unintimidating, but accurate and efficient, too. I have used this software for over three years, and I've never had any problem that wasn't solved quickly.

Inconvénients: The reports are a little hard to navigate and they don't offer enough options; however, they can be exported as CSV files, so they can be customized further in a spreadsheet application like Excel. I'm having some difficulty with an employee advance that is still trying to be deducted, even though it was paid back last year, but I'm sure support can help me as soon as I get around to asking. Otherwise, great software.

Gusto makes payroll stupid easy

Publié le 29/11/2018
Daniel shatzkes ceo E.
Founder/CEO
Musique, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Gusto makes payroll incredibly easy, makes integrating with Quickbooks simple, and makes the entire payroll process very transparent. I can add bonuses or commissions to any employee for any payroll period and I get an easy breakdown of where all the money that is drawn out of my business account is going. Any time I've needed help or support Gusto has been fantastic either on the phone, via email or with Live Chat. I don't know how other payroll companies do things but I know that I love Gusto.

Avantages: Taking care of payroll each month takes literally just seconds. My company is small, so maybe a larger company with a lot more employees might take a little longer. But probably no more than a couple of minutes. Plus, I love how Gusto gives an entire breakdown of what is being paid and to who so you can see exactly how much the employee gets and how much does to his/her taxes, and also how much in payroll taxes the company is paying.

Inconvénients: The monthly price is the same regardless of whether or not you use a lot of the extra benefits and offerings. For example, Gusto offers a way to offer employees 401k benefits or health benefits. It would be nice if there were a slightly less expensive option for micro-businesses that don't necessarily make use of all those benefits.

Gusto gets payroll done

Publié le 26/09/2019
Valerie C.
manager
Recrutement, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: So far gusto has been a good experience. The customer service has been really helpful at answering questions I have on the fly.

Avantages: I like that all employees have access to their gusto accounts and can change their personal information and look at paystubs on their time instead of mine.

Inconvénients: I do not like that when pay stubs and check are printed out they are not in any particular order. I would prefer them to be alphabetically. I also do not like that the pay roll menu does not allow to make multiple payrolls at one time. So if I run my direct deposit one day, when I run my checks, it is on a separate payroll as "offcycle"

I think this is one of the best software programs if you have to do payroll and filing

Publié le 19/06/2018
Cary C.
sales
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Awesome software for keeping your payroll on point and it also allows employees, contractors etc etc to look at all their past payroll history any time they want. You can handle all kinds of situations with this software including notifications with money deposits, or if you need to turn in a time off notice you could do it through this software,

Avantages: First of all I believe Gusto is more user friendly than any type of Quickbooks related software program. This program will literally keep your payroll organized and on point It actually gives me the exact amount of payroll that I owe every other week which helps me stay on track and eases up some of my frustrations crunching numbers and physically doing it myself. It literally does everything for you once you have the specific information entered, especially filing and organizing your payroll

Inconvénients: It is priced a little bit more than similar programs but that is ok because I know for a fact with everything you ever buy that you will always get what you pay for. You want to be cheap, you get cheap software that you have to replace or winds up being junk, you want to spend a little extra your not paying out the butt later on new software.

Give it some Gusto

Publié le 11/07/2019
Robert D.
Vice President of MSP relations
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Gusto is a wonderful product. the integrations with services and the ability to customize your W4 digitally when things change is great.
The system is smooth with no hiccups.
The benefits section is great. having the ability to see contributions at a glance helps.
the only lacking feature is Calendar Synchronization to know when people are off and on.

Avantages: Great Time Clock feature. Way better than our old choice.
the system is pretty, fluid, and we dig the fun facts they include in the submenus.
I did not know i could buy that many bananas.(only users will get it.)

Inconvénients: I don't have any dislikes for gusto. It works great. the only issue is it does not give wider access to see multi location sites employee schedules.

Finally a payroll system that anyone can use and understand!

Publié le 21/02/2019
Self-Employed / Stubborn Dog Marketing
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Payroll is no longer such a confusing and tedious process. I feel like I am back in control of my company finances with Gusto.

Avantages: I absolutely love their support team. I have encountered many questions and potential problems on my end over the years, and their support has been super quick to reply to any of my concerns. They will go out of their way to help you navigate your payroll issues. Gusto is very easy to use and it gives me a safe and secure way to promptly fill out required forms and meet tax deadlines. I feel like my payroll process is essentially on auto-pilot now, so I'm saving time and money. The checklist approach to setting up accounts makes things very easy right from the start and the dashboard lets you know what actions are needed.

Inconvénients: I wish I would have discovered Gusto sooner.

Great product!

Publié le 23/09/2019
Christine S.
Construction, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Gusto is great. They are very helpful when you have questions. They have lots of items that you can add on in the system to help build a benefits package and it is painless.

Avantages: Gusto is great. It integrates with our accounting software and time keeping software. Makes running payroll a breeze.

Inconvénients: Nothing, so far it seems to be great and has been growing with our company.

Gusto is the Hero Payroll System We All Need

Publié le 05/06/2019
Operations Manager
Automobile, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Gusto is so easy to use and so user-friendly! We had a previous payroll system before Gusto and every payroll cycle we had to wrestle with the system to make sure pay was out on time. Gusto is so much better! It sends updates and alerts directly to your email - our old system forced you to log in to see an alert so unless you logged in every day, you would never know if something was off!

Inconvénients: The only complaint we have about Gusto is that the price is very competitive until you start adding more features. Even the base package of Gusto has quite a few features which work great for us but I can see how if you want a more complex, intricate system, the price could go up pretty quickly.

Great product for payroll

Publié le 23/12/2018
Raghu Y.
Marketing and developer
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Gusto Zen payroll does everything for my business, this software is face is getting access to high-quality, yet affordable, software, particularly in HR for our business, it as given a huge demand for my business, it can be used in health sector also, thanks for such a wonderful product, gusto gives a lot more packages for your needs, it's an ideal management online payroll gives our business to gain profits...

Avantages: Gusto provides a cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution for businesses ,Gusto helps in handling payments to employees and contractors and saves time, it can manage electronically as of paper work to the client needs, Gusto benefits administration and compliance management platform. Designed to serve mainly small businesses across world , gusto mainly works for payroll system and human resource for your business i strongly recommend this software it's number one product for your businesses

Inconvénients: Gusto lacks one con, everything is good but it doesn't provide mobile app to easily access thorough it for Android or ios, website is good and easliy maintained, try to improve this, over all no issues...

Gusto is a miracle tool for payroll!!!!

Publié le 10/10/2017
Beth M.
Owner/ Founder
Services aux consommateurs, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This software has made payroll and hiring such a breeze! I used to dread new hire processing- but with Gusto the new hire do all of the work! And the interface makes it totally easy for them. =)

Avantages: I am obsessed with this product and the support staff that comes with it! I have tried Intuit and ADP before finding Gusto. Gusto was a total game changer for me. The software is easy to use and really makes payroll a breeze for those of us who have businesses to run! You can upload a CSV file with that week's hours and any other payments and BOOM- payroll is done. I also like that they give me the exact amount I owe each week for that payroll- no monthly or quarterly surprises to budget for. And I have opted to roll in my workers comp payments as well. SO EASY. They also offer AMAZING onboarding options that mean every time I hire, I only enter a new employee's email address and they do the rest. I then verify that things look ok against their ID, e-sign the i9 and it's back to business for me. Everything looks modern, fresh and fun- and that makes my company look polished and put together! I literally do not know how we managed while using the other companies. We love Gusto!!!!

Inconvénients: It might be a tiny bit more expensive than some of the other guys, but those dollars are completely worth the time saving and error avoiding features included in Gusto. And their customer service far exceeds the other companies as well.

Makes payroll easy for a newbie

Publié le 15/11/2018
Amy T.
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: As a small business owner, I just hired my first couple employees last year. I was completely new to the whole thing, and was a bit intimidated by all the requirements of doing payroll. After looking into a few payroll software options, I went with Gusto and am glad I did. It walked me through everything, in a very user-friendly way. It has helpful articles about the various requirements of payroll taxes, steps for hiring employees, forms to fill out, etc. The setup took a bit of time, but was a pretty reasonable process. Now that it's all set up, I don't have to spend hardly any time at all on payroll. I spend maybe 10-15 minutes every two weeks on payroll, and then don't have to think about it. Gusto handles all the payroll taxes (filing, paying, etc), and employee direct deposits. It honestly couldn't be easier.

Inconvénients: I had a little bit of a problem getting my state taxes account set up. For some reason, it was giving me error messages about account numbers and things. Customer service was able to help me through it, and figure out what the issue was on their end. That was the only part of the process that wasn't totally painless. The only thing I wish this software had is a timecard functionality.