15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur Logos Bible Software

En savoir plus sur Logos Bible Software

Ajustez les paroles, les contours et les images avec cette solution web qui enregistrera vos présentations pour une utilisation future.

En savoir plus sur Logos Bible Software

Looks excellent to produce sermons or Bible studies but for full functionality have to jump to bronze say from starter big uplift in price.

The various levels of pricing is confusing. Was able to get in the "ground level" but found it to be missing what I really needed.

Logos Bible Software - Notes

Logos Bible Software a reçu une note globale de 4,8 étoiles sur 5 d'après 237 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Logos Bible Software ?

Petter
Petter
Licensed Lay Minister (R.-U.)
Organisme social ou civique, 2–10 employés

An indispensable help to all preachers!

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Writing now not in my employed role, but as a Licensed Lay Minister in the church of St Thomas Kensal Town, I couldn't minister without Logos! I use it for all my sermon writing, and am making extensive use of all the various resources there are - I believe my current library has about 807 books. The search function, that searches for Scripture verses across all those 807 books is one of my absolute favourite features, making it easy to find references to help you with your sermon writing.

I am not sure it is a negative, but there are so many resources/books to buy, that it is sometimes hard to choose what to focus your spending on!

Jeremy
Jeremy
Writer (É.-U.)
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur

Like a Print Bible, but Enhanced and Easy to Search

Commentaires : The Bible is a sacred text, and any reader who’s serious about understanding it will want to understand it as the writers intended. However, because translations require scrutiny among language experts, keeping an accurate representation of the original language is important. That said, some translations are better than others. But even when the translation is accurate, the context may be lost because people who live in a 21st century technical environment may exhibit a cultural misunderstanding of the old world. The Logos Bible helps to bridge the gap between history and context by considering the original language and what words mean, as well as how historical records match the moments written about in the Bible. For anyone who wants to truly understand the Bible according to its original language, then the Logos Bible is a great place to start.

(Referring to the Logos Bible app only--I'm not a pastor or teacher, so I don't use the full suite of products.) For starters, Logos Bible Software puts the Bible in electronic format and allows the user to access it from his or her phone, tablet, or computer. This is handy for anyone who wants to read when they’re away from home. Pretty obvious. However, what makes Logos a great tool, not just a great digitization of a sacred text, is that it comes with searchable glossaries, historical accounts, contextual stories or events, connections to other instances in the Bible where that information cross-references, tables, language glossaries (from the original language), and more. If there was ever a version of the Bible that logical-minded readers could get into, it’s this one. Oh, and it has access to multiple translations, including the New American Standard, which is regarded as among the most accurate. Note: This software has components that pastors and teachers may benefit from, but any layman like me who wants to understand the Bible will get plenty out of its features, too.

Honestly, there aren’t many cons here. The bible mobile app is free to download, so if you want to read the Bible, you can, for free, anytime, anywhere. However, there is a paid subscription version for advanced features, so not everything is free, but I think this is reasonable because someone needs to get paid to build and maintain these features. Plus, Logos Bible Software is geared toward pastors, teachers, and other professionals, and professional apps tend to cost something. But I’m nit-picking here. There isn’t much to complain about.

Jeff
pastor (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11–50 employés

Keep your Books and Build Your Physically Library

Commentaires : Horrible. The techs are condescending and rude when you ask for help. The software is just beyond frustrating. Why would you take a platform like WordSearch away from pastors that are already struggling to find time and energy to prepare with all the added issues of Covid and the chaos in our culture?

Nothing. It is expensive, over complicated and not practical for a pastor that has multiple demands on his time and attention.

Everything. I resent the fact that I was forced by LifeWay to leave WordSearch that I have invested thousands of dollars in to build a wonderful library. Logos cannot compete with WordSearch so they bought and shut it down. This is one the most unethical things I have witnessed and it is no difference than someone walking in my house and stealing over 2,000 volumes from my library.

Peter
Peter
President (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 51–200 employés

Can't Live Without It

Commentaires : I am thoroughly impressed by Faithlife (the corporation behind the production of Logos). I use Logos every day, and can't imagine a day without it.

I use Logos every single day, and I have no regrets. I have almost completely migrated my theological library from physical books to Logos. It is unbelievable how useful it is to be able to search through my library when studying a passage of Scripture, as everything is cross-linked. What used to take hours in study or research, I can now do with Logos in minutes or even seconds. This gets me farther than before, faster and more effectively than ever.

Logos has a drastic learning curve. The software is not very intuitive but requires lots of patience and instruction. I have found that curve worth plodding, however. The customer service is fabulous in helping people get up to speed with the system.

Student Life Pastor > Church Ministries Pastor (Canada)

Love the amazing array of features and the consolidation of my library into one place.

Commentaires : Financially, buying logos was challenging, but the reward was a great variety of tools. Don't buy beyond what you will use, however. Lot's of things look great, but you'll only ever use a fraction of it.

Love the fact that you can search across all resources and instantly pull those resources up in the links - basically like wikipedia. Saves so much time in searching out important resources. The portability of a library is also great. Being able to pick up where you left off on one device is also super useful. The extensive tools for studying the original languages are also incredibly useful - even if it takes a few hours to learn them all.

Slows down your computer a lot if it isn't powerful enough. Some things are not as intuitive as could be hoped, but fortunately there are really good Youtube channels to explain how to use it. The mobile app doesn't have/allow for the reading out loud option.

Derek
Derek
vCIO & Founder (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur

I have been a Logos user since 2005 and purchased while in seminary

Commentaires : It is one of my favorite bible tools for discipleship evangelism and with the latest editions of Jeff Vanderstelt materials, it went over the top!!! Highly recommend.

I read a book by Randy Alcorn called Money, Eternity, and Possessions about how Christians hoard books and do not get them back into circulation, and I made a decision to build an electronic library instead of the libraries I grew up with as a kid. As a biblical counselor and a passion for discipleship evangelism, this allows me to have reproducible tools at my finger tips and the ability to create quality lessons and materials with hours of work and paying retail.

Sometimes the pre-pubs can hit without notice otherwise great product.

Réponse de l'équipe de Faithlife

il y a 6 ans

Derek, thank you for the review! We'll pass your note about the pre-pubs on to the team.

Design Director, Website Dept. (É.-U.)
Impression, 11–50 employés

Immensely Powerful Study Tools And More

Logos opens up a huge world of exploration when it comes to studying scripture, and goes even further with complex highlighting and notation features, sermon editor and prep guides, and more. There is really nothing else like it, and I feel lucky to live in an era where this depth of study is possible at the tips of my fingers. People even just a few short decades ago could only dream of being able to access so much information in such dynamic and "smart" ways made possible by modern technology.

The biggest drawback is price. It is extremely expensive when you start looking at larger resource packages, and just to unlock all the features of the software. To make matters worse, the amount of different pricing tires and resource packages is dizzying. I understand they want to be flexible for different denominations and offer multiple price points of entry for different budgets, but deciding on a package is quite an undertaking that can take hours to sort out if you are at all worried about spending less than $10,000.

Oladayo
Oladayo
Chaplain (Nigeria)

It is a simple and complete mobile library.

Commentaires : This product has made me to be more observant of things the more. Especially, all the daily applications that are essential for self development and office organization.

The way the software developer packaged so many features together on a platform is amazing. In same manner, the quick search mode is linguistically loaded for beginners and advanced users. Coupled with suggestions for quick word references is another icing on the cake. The tracking percentages of respective books is also a side attraction.

Anyway, there are some features that are needed to be worked upon. 1. If the interactive surface is simplified the more. 2. A program that will be relaunched on the same platform whereby you have logged off is better for continuity in study.

Senior Minister (É.-U.)

Incredible Bible Software

Commentaires : I really like Logos Bible Software. I love being able to access so many commentaries in one place. I just wish I knew how to do more with it, because I know it has so much more to offer.

TONS of resources. It's got commentaries, dictionaries, lexicons, ebooks, and on and on. I mostly use it for the commentaries. You can search passages, and get all kinds of resources that pop up. You can also search topics, and get incredible info there, too. They also have a store where you can buy more resources, and they give away free books every month.

There is so much that Logos does, that what I use it for only scratches the surface of all it's capabilities. There are training videos that you can pay for to learn how to do more, but it would be nice to find some free resources to train me on how to do more. If there are free trainings, I don't know about them. Also, it is very expensive. I was able to get an incredible discount on mine almost 10 years ago, but to buy it outright is far more than I'd be willing to spend.

Rob
Technical Director (É.-U.)
Assurance, 11–50 employés

Amazing Product

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : I preach at my home church and other churches in my area, probably 15-20 times per year. I use Logos for sermon study and preparation.

All of my resources are at my fingertips. The search and organizational features of the software are astounding.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but Logos is so capable and powerful that I feel like I could never really fully utilize it to its full potential

RODERICK
Executive Director (É.-U.)

A Researcher's Dream

Commentaires : Logos Bible Software is a biblical researcher's dream come true. As in other spheres of technological advancement, Logos is allowing us to do things in biblical studies that 20 years ago we would have thought was science fiction. Aside from the software itself, the support has been superb. I'm grateful for Logos/FaithLife every day.

Every individual has a personal style for studying, doing research, and preparing sermons or class sessions. We can celebrate the fact, therefore, that Logos Bible Software has such a vast array of interconnected tools and resources that anyone using Logos can do their Bible-related prep work in the manner that suits their study-research personality. Over the years of using Logos, making extensive use of the notes and visual filters features, I have been able to dive deeper into the biblical text, its cultural background, and its underlying structures than I ever thought possible. Because of the vast library of books, journals and other resources available in the Logos format, I have often thought of the learning opportunities that Logos Bible Software has given me as nearly equal to the Oxford education I was never in a position to pursue.

What's not to like? Except that Logos Bible Software has more power and features than you'll ever get around to using! I do wish that some of the more advanced grammatical tools were easier and more intuitive to use (I've never been able to assemble a working Syntax Search of my own). However, a higher learning curve for more advanced tools is to be expected.

Buck
Pastor of Outreach and Discipleship (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 51–200 employés

The Swiss Army Knife of Bible Study

Commentaires : I've used a lot of Bible software over the years. Many of them have been very well done. But Logos is more powerful and feature rich than others. It seems very mature and polished having a professional feel to it. For me it takes my Bible study to the next level. It provides quick cross references, images, Greek and Hebrew resources including audible pronunciations, maps, and much more.

Logos Bible Software is simple enough to be used by anyone yet has enough power for the scholar or theologian. There are quite a few different packages which can help get you started for less money and still have some solid features. However, if you can afford it a more expensive package comes with an amazing amount of resources. One of my favorite features is how you can hover over words and instantly get all kinds of information in an instant. Also, the Reading Plans can really help keep you on track and there are many to chose from. You can have multiple panels open and then link them together so that as you scroll through the Bible and other resources they all stay synchronized. Hover over any Bible reference and it displays a preview. Click on it and it takes you to that passage in your preferred Bible. Another great feature is that all your data, notes, highlights and documents are kept in sync and available if you go to another computer or Logos on a mobile device.

Honestly, the downside would be the price. I understand why it can be expensive with all the resources and features you get but it makes it hard for the average person to purchase. Lately they have provided some good options though, whether it's Faithlife Connect or through your church using Faithlife Equip.

Jon
Researcher and Writer (É.-U.)
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur

My Tech Support Experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Resource availability. I bought the TDOT TDNT Bundle 2 days ago, the complete installation of Logos Bible Software was run overnight. All I can say, due to my lack of experience with it is "I am excited about its potential for my Biblical research."

Such a HUGE program it is expected to have some early challenges. Mine was that I could not find the large set I had bought and couldn't even find the Library which would be my main work area. In my desire to at least find that before you closed on [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] I called for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. It was so wonderful that the day I bought the TDOT TDNT Bundle he kindly sent an email relative about your support department. He included a number of links that have been most helpful. At that time was impressed with his patience as I talked with him and ask a few questions. He seemed to be very well versed by the way he responded to my questions. Then, when I got the helpful links I thought he had graciously taken additional time to send me that information. He graciously included his contact information. I was so pleased to have that reference on his email so I could go directly to him today when I could not locate the library so I could start using it tomorrow. Again, he went the 2nd mile to get me up and going. You have an excellent employee with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He presents a good face and helpful attitude! Your Pleased Customer, Jon Green.

Associate Pastor of Youth & Music Ministries (É.-U.)

Favorite Bible Software on the Market

5,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : I've used Logos for about 11 years, and it has been one of the most helpful resources to me as a pastor and student of the Bible. I couldn't imagine not having it as a resource at this point.

It is what I use every day to study the Bible. The language tools for Greek and Hebrew are incredibly helpful. Plus, I love the template options for viewing different resources at once.

There is a significant learning curve. This also means there's a busload of features that can be used. But it can be intimidating at first. But the process is worth it.

Joe
Senior Pastor (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, Auto-entrepreneur

Can't Go Wrong with Logos!

Commentaires : My overall experience with Logos has been tremendous. The support I've gotten through technical support to the sales representatives has been great. I am able to have Logos up on another Screen so that I can flow seamlessly from Logos to my Sermon for the week. It's awesome!

There are so many different things that I love about Logos. It's easy to use. You can have multiple commentaries or translations of the Bible up at one time. It makes it easy then to look at a particular passage and study them in a variety of different ways. The library depending on the package you choose is fantastic! And they often offer some good discounts to jump up a level. It is fantastic! I love that when my laptop was running out of space, I could then use the web app version of Logos and access my library that way. So huge!

I have rarely had an issue if ever with Logos. I think it is set-up and run well. I really love it!

Ken
Institutions religieuses, Auto-entrepreneur

Best Product for Bible Study

Commentaires : Fantastic!

I love the great variety of digital resources that are available in the software and for purchase. I love the way the works are all tagged and can be searched. The integration features are fantastic. This software beats the old days when I would have multiple commentaries & resources open and spread out all over my desk while studying for sermons, listens, et.

It has so many options that it takes a lot of time investment to learn how to utilize them all. Of course, you don't have to use all the options, but you feel like you're paying for stuff that could be helpful and and you hate to pay for it and then not use it.

Teacher (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 501–1 000 employés

Logos--expensive, complex, but totally worth it

Commentaires : I first started using this as a bible translator and was provided it by my organization. Unfortunately, my old computer was very slow and logos caused the computer to run so slow I was unable to use it. However, with my new computer it works great! I use it regularly in my own Bible study and in my work.

I keep finding more and more things on there I didn't know where there! I found an entire course (with the workbook, grammar, vocabulary, and video lectures) by Mounce on Greek that i was planning to spend $150 for! I love the resources for bible translators.

It is kind of hard to figure out. The tutorials are good, but also very long, many, and annoyingly slow. Also, it is very good technology so it runs super slow on old computers. I feel like since it's mainly text-based things, it should find a way to have less things running at once. Also, for many Bible Translators who work in areas with bad internet, the fact that it constantly updates itself is annoying and expensive.

James

Ministry Life-Saver

Commentaires : I originally switched to Logos from the Macintosh version of Accordance just out of seminary. I was hesitant at first, but I have been happy I made the switch. I have been using Logos everyday in my preparation time for almost 20 years. I would not use any other software.

Logos Bible software has enabled me to study the bible more effectively and efficiently. I love that my library is basically at my fingertips and can go with me no matter where I am preparing my sermons.

The cost to upgrade can be expensive for ministers who are on a tight budget.

Institutions religieuses, 11–50 employés

Incredibly powerful Bible study tools!

Commentaires : Really fantastic. I wish that they would make software like this more available to more people by making it less expensive. In my opinion it's not right to profit to this extent when providing people the tools they need to study the Bible, but I understand they also have to cover their R&D costs.

It is PACKED with features. So many that you probably won't use 1/2 of them, but that's not a bad thing. It can hardly be overstated how many great features this software has to assist in big ways with Bible study.

The plethora of features are a bit daunting to be honest. There are features I haven't even uncovered yet, because there's so much this software can do and it's not always super easy to figure out how to use the features. But to be fair, that's on me to learn. Most of the features I've used so far really are very useful. The software does need a pretty new/fast computer to make it easily useable, otherwise it seems to run pretty slow. Oh yah, and it's crazy expensive!

Brett
Associate Pastor (É.-U.)

So much material!

Commentaires : Overall, I do love Logos. I don't use it as regularly as I should, nor do I use it to it's full potential. Even with that, it is a great product that gives me the information I need to teach and preach. Kudos, Logos!

The best thing about Logos is the amount of biblical material. Regardless of what platform you purchase, there is an ample amount of resources. Many are scholarly material...many I wouldn't touch, but the higher level you purchase the greater amount of the scholarly materials you get. Helps with writing papers and preaching sermons!

Number one con is definitely the price. I understand the amount of resources compared to the price isn't even comparable; however, it is incredible too expensive for students and especially for ministry leaders. I own it, but I can't afford it. Originally got it working at a Christian book store and received a huge discount since we were selling the products. Second con is the amount of materials that no one should use in a sermon or paper.

Dave

Quality Bible Study Software

Commentaires : It allows Bible study from anywhere without needing access to a seminary library or having multiple bookshelves in my home for my commentaries.

I purchased a package over 8 years ago and I love that I still have access to the resources I purchased along with a few more I have bought along the way as Logos has provided free engine upgrades.

The software could be very expensive if you were to upgrade every time a new version was introduced. They certainly add more resources, but very few that I would regularly use.

Daniel
Assistant Pastor (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 2–10 employés

Logos is the strong word in Bible software!

Commentaires : I have really enjoyed using Logos Bible Software. I have so many notes from classes and studies I've done over the years, and I will continue to use it for years to come!

Logos has so many features that allow me to take notes, mark resources, curate an online library, and accomplish all of my studying. Its interface is easy to navigate. I also appreciate that Logos saves my recent formats.

The one negative aspect of this software is that it runs so slowly upon start-up. It is a robust program, but it requires a lot of RAM to get going.

Ken
Partner Emeritus (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 201–500 employés

Very Good Study Tool

Commentaires : Logos and their staff have been very helpful. I have used the software for many years and am glad to recommend it to anyone that is serious about Bible study.

The resources are good quality and if I want more they are available. It is easy to use for what I need.

I have asked for a "back" button when in the Bible passage search tool. The operation now, once you have the list of resources selected and have used one item to move to the next resource the program makes you start over. This seems to be overly cumbersome.

Marek
Product Manager (Tchéquie)
Services et technologies de l'information, 201–500 employés

If you want to study Bible seriously!

Commentaires : I use it for my personal study and preparation for church meetings.

The great thing is that almost anything is easily accessible as a link. Just have the resource in the Logos library and the user can easily jump between Bible tools.

The price is quite high compared to other tools, however, the processing of the software is great. I don't like the fact that some resources exist for free in the online world, but in this tool, I have to pay for them.

Frank
Actuary (É.-U.)
Services financiers, 10 000+ employés

The Best Bible App Around, Either Free or Paid

The Logos App is easily the best Bible app I've ever used. From the early days, with its stiff interface and difficult switching between documents, to now a seamless transition between multiple windows of varying documents. In addition to these latest upgrades that make its UI much more intuitive and like a web-browser, the added functionality of being able to lookup a word in its original Greek or Hebrew language by merely highlighting the word or phrase is outstanding and not found in its competitors.

Two gripes - (1) No access to the NIV. Understandably a money issue with Zondervan, but still it would be nice to have in its collection of translations. (2) I wish more translations or documents were available offline. When I'm in a plane or somewhere without data, I am stuck with two or three very dated translations.