Avis clients sur SmartAdvocate

En savoir plus sur SmartAdvocate

Logiciel de gestion des dossiers juridiques conçu pour les avocats et les assistants juridiques.

En savoir plus sur SmartAdvocate

Not many cons - design/features inclined towards Personal Injury practice.

SmartAdvocate - Notes

SmartAdvocate a reçu une note globale de 4,7 étoiles sur 5 d'après 73 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Note du produit

Note du produit

Utilisation

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé SmartAdvocate ?

Susan
Susan
Operations Manager (Canada)

Intuitive & Robust

Commentaires : Much more effective reporting on intake, client contact, and staff management. Very effective case browsing and searching. Implementing SmartAdvocate has allowed us to move much closer to a "less paper" work environment.

I love the templates in SA. They are easy to create and administer as well as user friendly. I also really like the searchability of each window, particularly documents.

I like the UDF Editor, except for the way that items are re-ordered. It would be easier if there was a way to drag and drop to put the items in the order you want.

Joe
Joe
System Administrator (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

One of our tools for success

Commentaires : The problem of inefficiency corrects itself with many of SmartAdvocate's customizations and automation. For example, we are expediting electronic contracts/agreements to clients via text message and email, whereas other firms are still stuck on paper contracts. Never would I have thought clients would embrace technology, like the use of text over email. Yes, snail mail still has a role and a place, but the practicality and adaptiveness text messages give clients is excellent. This program stays relevant at the speed of shifts and trends, as well as changes with technology.

Our personal injury law firm switched from Needles to Smart Advocate about three years ago. The amount of growth we've had plays largely thanks to this case management software, especially after Covid-19 hit. This software made the transition from working in the office to working from home almost effortless. Our staff never missed a beat, and our clients never realize the change happened virtually overnight. While other firms struggled with technological, let alone case management issues, for us, it was business as usual. With Smart Advocate's features, updates, support, and innovation, there is no other way but growth. It's a powerhouse of a tool for great staff, which gives clients the most significant outcome.

There is not much to dislike, but there is always room for improvement. That said, when a dislike does arise, reaching out to SmartAdvocate usually remedies our dislikes. For example, the recommendation was to set up multiplaintiff parties under one case number. We tried that out and realized that would not work for our reporting and usage needs. Their development team quickly remedied a solution for each party to work with one case number while still giving us the linking ability needed for multi-party cases.

Jacob

The #1 software for PI law firm

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Best experience I've had in a law firm. The organization that can be gained with SA simplifies everyone's job in the firm and frees up valuable time focus on the clients and their cases.

SA has a wide variety of useful options that can boost productivity and automate repeated tasks. Their robust documents tab is a huge efficiency booster.

Some data can only be edited in non-intuitive ways i.e. the SOL can't be changed from the summary tab where it is displayed, but needs to be changed from a separate tab "critical deadlines" etc.

andrew
senior partner (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 11-50 employés

not as flexible as I told it would be

Commentaires : case management of arbitrations status reports

assists with arbitration and personal injury departments / used and understood by all employees /

does not assist enough; limited capacities salespeople made promises that they could not keep overpriced for its value

il y a 5 ans

We are surprised by this review and have reached out to Mr. Costella. As I wrote to Mr. Costella: "Your comments that the system "does not assist enough" and has "limited capacities" frankly caught me by surprise. We pride ourselves on the fact that SmartAdvocate is the most comprehensive and full featured case management software system on the market. There seems to be a disconnect here, one that we want to resolve. We want you to be satisfied and get everything you should out of the system." We hope to get a more detailed understanding of criticism and see how we can help them to get more out of the many features and capabilities contained in the system.

Liz
Director of Marketing (É.-U.)

Marketing Director - Liz

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Great team to work with, great software and overall best product on the market.

The referral source tracking is incredible. I have a great snapshot of where our referrals are coming from and how much we spend on those campaigns. This generates a clear cost per case and cost per call.

A few things to be worked out, but their team is always quick to jump on a call and work through any feedback.

il y a 3 mois

Liz, thank you for the 5-star review! One of our main goals at SmartAdvocate is to help you serve clients more effectively and efficiently.

Arren
Attorney (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 11-50 employés

A great case management tool for any office.

Commentaires : Our office has been able to keep much better track of cases with Smart Advocate, specifically calendaring. Everything is in ONE PLACE and very easy to find. Additionally, the document production portion has been wonderful. We are not re-creating the wheel everytime we want to send something to a client, opposing counsel, or the court.

The user interface of SmartAdvocate is much easier than the many competitors out there. Not only do the capabilities outweigh other platforms, but the training and assistance we have received in our office has been excellent. Everything is easily able to be found in one place and the templates for document production have saved us countless hours of work.

There is not much I don't like about SmartAdvocate. Every time I have had a question about a capability, it seems that it already exists or has been easily able to be integrated.

Brian
Law Clerk (É.-U.)

Comprehensive Case Management and Endless Ability to Customize

Commentaires : Overall, the software is a powerful tool to help with the day-to-day management of a large caseload.

The ability to customize every feature to best fit our needs. The quick responses from SmartAdvocate support and their willingness to listen to suggested changes. The reporting features are robust and also customizable, so that even when you are requested to produce a very specific report, with a little work, it is possible.

The steep learning curve to get started. Out of the box, SmartAdvocate needs a lot of work in order to get running in a manner that works well for your firm. However, the time and effort is assuredly worth it.

Laura
Operations Manager (É.-U.)
Services juridiques, 51-200 employés

Smart Advocate is a Winner!

Commentaires : My 4 years of experience with Smart Advocate has been a positive experience. Over the course of the last 4 years this software has allowed us to grow without the normal growing pains. The automation and dashboard reporting are amazing tools to manage cases and personnel with a few clicks. We are better able to communicate with our clients using automation tools, have streamlined work processes using workplans and have been able to maintain labor costs even during growth due to the specific use of workplans. I had been a Needles user for several years prior to using Smart Advocate and hands down this is a winner.

Ease of use, intuitive nature of program. Automation and dashboards.

Inability to write custom reports and intake functionality.

Steve
President (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Life changing practice management software

Commentaires : The SmartAdvocate support team is amazing and very responsive. You have to be patient with any software product that you launch, but the team at SmartAdvocate has seen it all and they will solve any issue quickly.

SmartAdvocate has all of the tools necessary to successfully operate a personal injury law firm with incredible efficiency. The ability to text and esign right from within the program is a game changer in terms of client satisfaction. Ordering medical records is simplified to a few clicks and tracking those requests is totally transparent. A huge benefit of SmartAdvocate is that they are not new to the space which gives them a huge advantage over their competitors because they know what makes a PI firm tick.

You have to be committed to SmartAdvocate and it will pay to back handsomely. If you take the extra seconds to input the data, it’s well worth it.

Richard
Chief Technology Officer (É.-U.)

Best Legal Case Management Software

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Complete array of functions and features needed by attorneys, fully customizable, and logical to use.

Some of the reports are a little clunky.

Jonathan
Pre-Litigation Director (É.-U.)

Unequivocally Amazing

Commentaires : Smart Advocate has helped us be more efficient, and more detailed. Because there is a place in which to put every shred of data, our employees are obtaining it. Before Smart Advocate, employees would get busy and forget to ask our clients for the little details. Since Smart Advocate has the option to build your own workplans, we can put every required detail in as an automatic task which reminds/requires the employees to get that information.

Smart Advocate is completely customizable, optionally automated, and such a time saver. If you have ever said to yourself "there must be a better/easier/quicker way" to do something, Smart Advocate likely has the solution in place already. If you do have an idea that they're not doing yet, they are always at the ready to create and implement new solutions. More than a business, they become family! Customer service is top notch!

If there is anything to dislike, it's that I don't have enough time in the day to learn and utilize everything they offer.

Lauren
Cabinet d'avocats, 51-200 employés

Easy to use, not always user-friendly. VERY detailed which can be a good or bad thing

Commentaires : Organizational problems solved with SmartAdvocate. The best benefit to Smart Advocate is when you actually use all of its functions and input all the information in its necessary place/fill out all the fields, it makes life very easy.

That you can add almost ANY detail to the case to SA that is separated into so many different categories to find info about the case. I love how it can be connected to our Outlook email to send/set tasks or email tasks to anyone. If all the information is inputted into the correct places, it can be VERY helpful. Love how it puts all the info into the template for you.

It can be overwhelming the amount of information that SA shows/requires to fill out for the case. Not always user friendly...especially if you are still learning how to use SA and ALL of its features. I do not like when searching for a client in search bar that multiple tabs open up and can make the screen overwhelming to look at with multiple tabs. It is both a good and a bad thing how much information can be stored into SA. I wish the dashboard was easier to read, too crowded.

Nicholas J.N.
Nicholas J.N.
Associate Attorney (É.-U.)

Smart Advocate is a Competent Case Management Software Catered to your Needs

Commentaires : Smart Advocate has allowed my firm to automate significant portions of our pre-litigation practice which is a huge time-saver. As we continue to learn about Smart Advocate's features and further develop our use of it, the logistics of our practice has been improved significantly .

Smart Advocate easily integrated into our firm with a relatively seamless transition from our prior case management software. Since then, Smart Advocate has been easy to pick up and learn and its wide breadth of features makes customizing the program to our specific practice worth taking the extra time to learn.

Not all litigation management tabs in Smart Advocate are self-explanatory, requiring a dedicated support person who is intimately familiar with Smart Advocate to wade through feature functionality at times.

Justin
Partner (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

Tailor made to meet our needs

Commentaires : SmartAdvocate is simply the best case management software out there. It's great to finally use a program designed for Plaintiff's personal injury practice. The ease of use in generating forms, managing the calendar & statutes, tracking the status of cases, and easily accessing documents is phenominal. We've become so much more efficient thanks to this program.

Features of this program are specifically tailored to meet the needs of a plaintiff's personal injury practice. Makes keeping up with deadlines and workflow between staff members incredibly easy. Ultimately makes us much more efficient.

The interface could be a little more intuitive in places, but generally very user friendly.

il y a 6 ans

Justin, Thank you for your great review of SmartAdvocate. The reason you feel so comfortable using SmartAdvocate is SmartAdvocate was designed hands-on by and for litigation attorneys and paralegals and only became a retail product many years later. As you know, SmartAdvocate has been listening very carefully to its clients and issues 3 releases per year with over 300 enhancements PER RELEASE. We will be contacting you to get your suggestions on what we can do to make SmartAdvocate even better. Thanks again, Jerry

Philip
Partner ()
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

The only Personal Injury Case Management Software to consider

Commentaires : I recently installed SmartAdvocate after switching from software for which I paid $5,000 just 11 months ago. I thought the software I had was extremely powerful but my partner didn't think it was easy to use. The admin side was even more difficult. I am the one who created template documents, especially since it was extremely complicated requiring 26 separate steps to save a template document after it was created. I can honestly say I'm excited about SmartAdvocate. SmartAdvocate is not only much more powerful than my previous software, but it's very easy to use. My partner is also excited because he found it easy to learn how to use. It's not only easy to learn but it's also easy to enter data. It has time-saving features such as when entering a zip code, the town and state is automatically populated in the appropriate fields. The admin side is also easy to use. One of the most critical aspects, creating template documents, is now extremely simple. After creating a template document, you just save it like a regular word document. No more multiple steps to save a template document. SmartAdvocate is more powerful than any other software in every respect from the number of available merge codes to the information provided in the dashboards. It's also extremely customizable. There are so many features that I couldn't possibly go into all of them here. However, the first four and probably most important categories to look at is ease of creating and saving template documents; the number of merge codes available; ease of use; and the information displayed in the dashboard. Only SmartAdvocate wins all four categories. One of the reasons that make SmartAdvocate different from most of the other case management software is that SmartAdvocate has been designed, for over 10 years, specifically for personal injury by a very large personal injury law firm. They currently have 7 programmers and customer support couldn't be better. I have have had issues corrected and suggestions implemented within minutes of my call or email. I have been using personal injury case management software since 1992 with a 100% personal injury practice in NY. I currently have over 200 websites which I built and maintain. I have more experience than I would like de-hacking phising files from websites and I have designed my own software including personal injury lead capture software and software for the mortgage industry.

Stacey
Managing Partner (É.-U.)
Services juridiques, 11-50 employés

Great Product

Commentaires : Customer support is amazing, and the product itself delivers.

We have been using Smart Advocate for roughly 7 years for our case management software. It has streamlined our practice and is a great tool to manage both our cases and our team.

The lack of ability to seamlessly handle single event accident cases involving multiple parties.

Emily
Legal Assistant (É.-U.)
Services juridiques, 51-200 employés

SmartAdvocate is useful for a large case load

Commentaires : Overall it's a good system, it just takes some getting use too.

I love the many diffrent ways we can pull-up a client, that my be in SA (Thats what we call it), wrong. I also, like the feature to look for someone by their first name. You just use *and name. Takes out a lot of guess work. Great feature!

I'm not real wild about, how many steps it takes to attach documents in the system.

Eric
Attorney (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

It has been a first class experience working with Smart Advocate. I am a very satisfied customer!

Commentaires : This is the best case management program on the market for a personal injury practice.

I love the ease of use of the program. I love the case wizard which allows my staff to quickly set up a new matter in the program. I love the customization of the program to make it work for my particular practice and my jurisdiction. I love the document management capability of the program and the extension merge codes that make template generation and the preparation of form documents smooth and seamless. The report capabilities are tremendous to bring up the information to review all stages of a matter. The custom user defined fields allow the firm to be able to capture any particular piece of information that we feel is vital to the management of our cases for our clients. i am tried numerous case management programs for my firm over the last 25 years. There is none in my opinion that comes close to Smart Advocate.

None as of the time of this writing. i have not encountered any problems with the software that would cause me to comment on it at this time.

Joseph
Joseph
Intake Paralegal (É.-U.)

SA is Effective and Easy to use

Commentaires : Great, as someone who came into an office job for the first time, using this software has been easy, and is very helpful in organization.

This software is easy to learn and use. It does a great job of keeping things organized and has lots of options for easy accessibility.

Sometimes it can load slow, and customer support is not the best, sometimes needing to wait long times for response or follow up on submitted issues.

Natalie
paralegal (É.-U.)

Effect & Easy to understand Case Management System

Smart Advocate is an easy and self-explanatory case management system. Once you get accustomed to using inputting all the details, it helps a lot throughout all the stages of the case. Smart Advocate has helped us keep better track of all the deadlines. The note section specifically is helping everyone who needs to know the details of the case, what is going on, and should the client call and have any questions; anyone can help them once they read the notes on the case

No longer being able to add a new contact from disbursements directly. Also, not being able to save a word document from my Microsoft Word directly onto Smart Advocate.

Managing Partner (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 11-50 employés

Excellent case management system and terrific customer support

Commentaires : I have found SA to be more robust and user friendly as compared to our prior CMS (Needles). Moreover, the staff at SmartAdvocate has been an amazing resource for helping us to integrate into the new system, and where we ask, help us to create numerous functionalities that allow SmartAdvocate to function in a way that works best for our specific firm. I can't imagine a better group to work with and I have found SmartAdvocate to be robust and superior to anything I have used before. I also spent a tremendous amount of time with demos on other CMS systems and believed (and still believe) SmartAdvocate is the best of the bunch.

* Dashboards and overall reporting functionality. * Bar coding for documents. * Integrations that allow for texting, faxing, etc. directly out of SmartAdvocate. * The summary page for each case allows you to quickly see all highlights of a case with a quick glance.

Like any new system, there is a learning curve which created some challenged, but once you have figured things out (and the SA team did help with plenty of support for my office), the system greatly surpasses Needles.

Kathryn
Legal Assistant (É.-U.)

Happy Customer

5,0 il y a 8 mois

I love how user friendly the software is

Lots of very similar titled fill- ins for templates No client portal app Our clients have lots of issues with being locked out/ not receiving notifications from the portal

il y a 8 mois

Hi Kathryn! We're thrilled to see that you're a happy customer and are enjoying SmartAdvocate! We have the client portal available to our clients. We'll have someone reach out to you for further guidance, thank you for the kind review.

Hilari
Paralegal Manager (É.-U.)
Services juridiques, 11-50 employés

Intuitive legal software with great customizations available and support

Intuitive legal software with great customizations available and support

Some features are difficult to customize and implement but great support if needed

Patty
Executive Secretary (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 51-200 employés

Great for going paperless!

Commentaires : Customer service has been great. They are always quick to respond to my questions. They also have frequent training webinars to help learn the many many features.

I really like the added features for attaching documents that are applicable in that particular setting. We have been transitioning to going more paperless and SmartAdvocate is great for that! I like all the extra functionality it provides

Runs slow sometimes. For the most part it functions well but occasionally seems to get stuck

Shelly
Cabinet d'avocats, 11-50 employés

Great Case Management Software!

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : It is great software! It keeps you organized and is easy to use.

The case wizard when opening a new file takes you step by step through the process. I love that it merges the information into documents, which is a huge time saver. Everything you need on your case is easily found. While working remotely, it has kept things running smoothly, as everyone involved in a case can see everything. The training webinars they hold are wonderful!

Creating templates can be a bit challenging and time consuming, but it's worth it once it is done.