15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur Carbonite

En savoir plus sur Carbonite

Bloomfire fournit un tableau de bord administratif sur le web ainsi que des fonctions de sauvegarde automatique, de planification de sauvegarde (pour Windows) et de gestion des versions.

En savoir plus sur Carbonite

Transferring files and large deliverables that our company receives never takes long and we are given an incredible amount of space for an inexpensive cost, so it frees up our hard drives at work.

The backup runs frequently and slows the computer down, restoring files after a computer crashes is a huge pain, and accessing the vault can be confusing.

Carbonite - Notes

4,0
4,0

Carbonite a reçu une note globale de 4,3 étoiles sur 5 d'après 168 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Carbonite ?

Andrew
Andrew
Marketing Consultant (Australie)
Marketing et publicité, 2–10 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Makes for very easy regualr backups

Commentaires : Very good. We trialled a few different options but this was the best one.

Once it is set up properly you don't need to touch it again. If a problem occurs, it gives you a notification and is fixed easy.

Indicating which files and folders to back up can be a pain. By default, it backs up heaps of things that don't need backing up.

Sarah
Diretor of Creative Content (É.-U.)
Médias de diffusion, 2–10 employés

Great for Baking Up Data

Commentaires : If Carbonite changed those two factors I mentioned as cons, I would feel way more confident recommending them to friends because I do like the affordable plan and how easy it is to backup files compared to competitors. And like I mentioned, I also like how they will back up your external hard drive which a competitor I was looking at does not do.

As a backstory, I was talking to our tech advisor about our need for backing up our data. While I ensure that I back up my data through my external hard drive, I also know that my external hard drive can go kaput as all of them do eventually. So I mentioned to our tech guy that I feel like we need a cloud storage but I wasn't too fond of Dropbox or Google Drive. He had similar sentiments and recommended Carbonite. He said he uses it with a number of clients with good results. So I took the plunge with their Black Friday deal that included backup for my computer and external hardrive. Pros: I liked that it backed up all of my data itself and that I didn't have to do it manually. The only thing I need to do manually is for my future data and the process is SUPER simple even for the tech-challenged. I also liked that there was the mid-tier option (the one I chose) that backs up your external hard drive. You get unlimited storage for the tier I chose which is not true of Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and others.

I don't like that I can't easily access my data to see with my own eyes that my data is backed up which is very different than OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and Dropbox that I can pull up at any time my backup files. I can't tell how good Carbonite is at backing up the files until something goes wrong which makes me nervous. I don't like that if my external hard drive isn't connected for 30 days, the data is wiped out. What if I'm taking a break from my technology and don't have it hooked up? What if I'm using a different computer at the time because my original laptop and backup hard drive are getting repaired? That made me feel uneasy.

il y a 2 ans

Thank you so much for leaving us some actionable feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to be thorough and honest with us!

Tony
VP IT (É.-U.)
Banque, 51–200 employés

Carbonite Functions Very Well For File Level Backups!

4,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Overall the product has worked very well for us.

Easy to setup and use for file backups and recovery.

Sometimes support is less than we expect in terms of helpfulness.

Dustin
Dustin
Information Technology Administrator (É.-U.)
Recherche, 11–50 employés

Reliable Software that provides piece of mind

Commentaires : I really liked it until they implemented the HUGE price increase. Perhaps it was a problem with just that one employee but they definitely need to get better at communicating changes to their customers. I'll be switching to a more cost effective product once our subscription is up.

Ease of install - It is extremely easy to deploy Carbonite. I have installed it on our Windows 10 workstations as well as our server VMs running Windows Server 2012. Each time the process is quick and simple. I also like the custom updates it provides on backup status. It also lets you customize backup policies for each individual device to optimize utilization.

They wanted to increase our yearly cost by more than 50% with minimal account upgrades. Our account was set to renew automatically at this increased price with no warning. An account rep reached out to me a 6-8 weeks ahead of our renewal date but wouldn't respond until we were about 2 weeks out. At that time he informed me our price was going up. The strange thing was that under billing it still showed the price we had been paying for the past six years, and showed we would be charged the same amount again on our renewal date. If he hadn't mentioned it on the call they would have charged us the new price without informing us until we received the receipt. I really did not like that their system was showing one price but they planned to spring another on us.

Catherine
lawyer (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, Auto-entrepreneur

Reasonably priced seamless back up

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Easy to use and reliable. Bought it for work and then got it for my home computers as well

Recovering one or two files at a time was not intuitive and took a bit of time to sort out.

Systems Architect (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Carbonite for personal or small business

Commentaires : Complete system restoration was a huge problem solver. Also real time continuous synched back up helped immensely for incidents such as accidental deletion.

The product was easy to implement and configure. The best features were continuous synchronous backup, and backup with encryption. It also had a feature to back up the entire system that could be used to restorer after a hardware failure.

The features were never a problem, however the pricing model changed significantly that made the prodcut unaffordable to my business and my clients.

il y a 2 ans

Thank you for leaving us a review. I'm sorry to hear that our pricing model was not to your satisfaction. Please reach out to our sales team to see if we can work something out: https://www.carbonite.com/contact-us

DANIEL
Senior IT Specialist (É.-U.)
Bibliothèques, 51–200 employés

Carbonite backup solution

Commentaires : Overall this software runs well. Again after a few adjustments with the policy, the backup solution runs at full throttle uploading data based on your specifications. The restore options are also wonderful and take less time than other backup solutions.

Carbonite endpoint backup solution has ease of deployment and policy settings. Once you set it up correctly based on your companies values, carbonite does the rest.

Coming off of the trial and into production it seemed that policy settings where missed. It would have been beneficial for carbonite to explain more in depth about restrictions within their policy settings. After a few phone calls back and forth everything seems to be running well. Communication to the customer is key

Darell
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 2–10 employés

Carbonite is a Valuable Tool

Commentaires : I have been using Carbonite for Years and the Customer Service is 5 star and the software will auto backup all your data all day long just set it and forget it.

I have used Carbonite for a long time and recommend to all my business customers because it is the most reliable backup on the market and easy to use.

The pricing is a little expensive but it is a Great Product

Cody
NA (É.-U.)
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur

Industry standard tool, with good encryption options

Able to encrypt with higher-level encryption keys than alternatives like Backblaze, which was a requirement for the business. Continuous background tool is one of the smoothest-operating I've worked with - files backup on a regular basis without user interaction, and tracks version history for easy rollback for 30 days.

The online portal is very slow, and doesn't add much value to the tool.

il y a 2 ans

Thanks for leaving us a review - Appreciate the feedback about the online portal.

Peejay
Business Development Representative (Philippines)
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 000+ employés

Always on backup with Carbonite

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

- Recover files instantly - Can easily restore files even when infected with viruses - Mobile-enabled

More expensive as compare to its counterparts

Vassili
Services d'information, Auto-entrepreneur

Solid product, on the expensive side

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Multiple clients of mine use Carbonite to backup both servers and individual PCs. It's probably the best overall cloud backup solution out there - solid, functional, excellent support, can be deployed in minutes. Generally speaking once you schedule your backup it just works and you can easily restore files either to the same system or a completely different one. And if there is a problem their US-based support center will connect to your system and resolve it. If you need a lot of storage their plans can get rather expensive

-Simple installation and scheduling - Easy to restore backups-Excellent support- Impressive array of plugins (like backup for SQL Server, Exchange Server, Cloud-to-Cloud)- Fast backup speed

Storage from Carbonite is costly, if you need to backup a lot of data it may not be the best solution

James
IT Technician (É.-U.)
Agriculture, 201–500 employés

I do not have enough space to tell you of how this software fails.

Commentaires : I can not offer any user a benefit to using this company for backing up critical user documents, pictures and data.
My recommendation is to find something different.

It was installed and configured by the previous admin, that's it.Honestly there is nothing positive about this software.

Horrible user setup, Bad server support, Software required daily administration to keep users up to date. Customer service was terrible. No matter what the reason for contact tech support they could not resolve even basic errors. Server support would bloat our data backup and would not release expired backups. Unable to restore ANY user files no matter the user backup size. The software/ company cost me over 300gb of lost data due to failed server backups. The final straw was when they had a security breech and sent all users an email "click on this link to reset your password" What happened, as I was told a senior executive decided to blow out ALL customer access passwords and send this email to reset. Oh, and let's not forget that this little blowup allowed you to use the SAME password that just got dumped.

Jacob
Operations Manager (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 11–50 employés

100% back up... but not for your videos...

Commentaires : Backed up most of my files, but not my videos.

Price was reasonable and setting it up was pretty easy. This service worked great for most of my files. This is an update to my previous review.

They don't backup 100% of your computer as advertised. I learned this the hard way. I set up my computer to back up everything with Carbonite. When my hard drive failed I was happy I had this cloud service... but when restoring my files it was a pain restoring my wife's saved fonts and family pictures. To my horror I couldn't find my ripped classic movie collection nor most of my family videos. All of these were saved in my iTunes library and after speaking with customer service I learned that Carbonite does not automatically back up any videos not found in the Photos app. They will back up videos, but you have to manually do it, I am still mad to this day!

Felicia
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2–10 employés

Great Customer Support

Commentaires : My employees are not IT people, so when we have a backup problem we get on the phone with Carbonite. They take over the computer and find the problems. It's as simple as that. They are so respectful to my team when there are issues and they have taught us how to do simple problem solving checks that can solve the problem! We are very happy with Carbonite.

We use Carbonite as our backup program for our computer system. On occasion when our computers update it will change settings on the computer. Carbonite has the ability to let you know via email if it backed up successfully or not. This way we can catch a problem as soon as it arises.

On occasion there are issues with the computers backing up because of new computer updates. This is solved by alerting us via email when our server does not backup properly.

Ross
COO (É.-U.)
Marketing et publicité, 51–200 employés

Customer service couldn't fix my issue and wouldn't refund my 3-year prepaid subscription

I've used Cabonite in the past and had a good experience. It was a reliable way to backup my laptop and served as a way to have remote access to my documents, files and pictures.

Carbonite caused my MacBook Pro to constantly run which made it get very hot to the touch. After a few weeks of identifying the issue, I uninstalled it and called support. They talked me through reinstalling it. The same issue happened and they were not able to fix it. After many hours invested in trying to make it work right, it just didn't work on my laptop for some reason. They refused to refund my money. I was a repeat customer, but am not a fan.

Kim
Vente au détail, 11–50 employés

Excellent Back-up Software

Commentaires : We have been with Carbonite since they started. The offer Peace of mind. If you have ever crashed without back-up you would know what a disaster that is. We back up all our PC and our NAS continuously.

Carbonite is easy to set up on each machine. We can select what we want backed up. Restore can be done in a couple ways.

Occasionally it will give you a message that something is not being backed up and 99% of the time if you check you will find it was being backed up anyway. Just little glitches like that.

Ken
Marketing Director (É.-U.)

Carbonite has been there for me through a few system crashes - had my date backed up and ready to go

Commentaires : Great backup of my work - only downside was slow in getting them loaded back.

Carbonite was my safety net when my system crashed. I have created a LOT of marketing material over time and it is imperative to have a backup system. I was able to find the files I needed and load them back. Their phone line customer service was also top-notch the one time I called. They were professional and helpful and had me up and running quickly.

The main detriment is that if you have a lot of large files it will take you a long time even with fast upload speed to get your files loaded back.

Erik
Director of Technology (É.-U.)

automatic cloud backup

Commentaires : Peace of mind.

Been using it at home for years. Very reasonably priced. I love that it can run automatically during the specified hours so I don't have to worry about it using bandwidth. Files are then available to other devices.

Video files are not automatic. You have to specify to back up each one, or a bunch at a time, but it's not as automatic as other file types. So, every once in a while, I search file type: video, select all, and make sure they're all being backed up. Interface for getting files from the cloud is a little slow and clunky.

Trevor
Pastor (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, Auto-entrepreneur

An absolute Must

Commentaires : Overall very positive. I will always use an online backup system and carbonite is the best I've ever used.

After losing all my files on an external hard drive, I switched to Carbonite. It automatically backs up my computer files daily. I can access them online and download them on any computer. If in the event my computer crashes, I can download all my files to my new computer.

It didn't back up all my videos. Not sure why it may have been my subscription. But I lost several video files.

Paul
Church Planter (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, Auto-entrepreneur

Carbonite

Commentaires : Overall I have loved Carbonite. It gives great peace of mind and is very affordable.

I love this software! It is so easy to use and gives great peace of mind that my documents are stored. I like how you don't have to do anything but simply let the software run in the background.

It can take Carbonite quite a bit of time to restore documents after a factory reset of the computer. While I understand that a lot of files take time, it does seem that there can be some duplicates that don't need to happen.

Sue
Payroll specialist (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 11–50 employés

Used for years without a problem

Commentaires : Carbonite was a fairly reliable product. Sometimes it had glitches which required that I had to uninstall and reinstall product to get it working again.

I felt safe having Carbonite in place to securely backup my data on a daily basis.

I did not like not having the ability to file share. The initial set up to backup all our files took forever to complete and it affected the use of the computer while it was transferring data.

il y a 2 ans

Thanks for leaving us a review and some productive feedback!

Lance
National Sales Manager (É.-U.)
Matériel informatique, 501–1 000 employés

Carbonite User

We use Carbonite on all of our laptops in our office. We do not have a central server and so everyone has company information stored on their laptops. You select which folders, files or drives you want backed up. It will back them up and you really don't need to do anything. I had to restore a few files and it was a snap.

Sometimes it goes offline and I need to reboot my laptop to get it recognize my mac. Once I do that it is all good to go.

Kris
Parish Admin (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 2–10 employés

Carbonite Cloud Backup

Commentaires : It did the job when we switched to new machines but it's not the easiest program from a general user perspective. Designed more for the IT folks at bigger companies.

Carbonite automatically backs up your entire user files making it easier to transfer between an old or disabled PC and a new machine if you have tech experience.

Restore option takes a fairly long time and isn't as clear as it could be as to how to restore to the same directories as you had.

BRAD
Construction Division Foreman (É.-U.)

An essential product for anyone with critical information stored on their computer

Very easy to use. We first started using Carbonite about 7 years ago when we lost our entire hard drive to a virus. Unfortunately, we hadn't signed up for the service prior but we quickly learned our lesson and have used since.

I've never been a fan of monthly subscriptions. I would rather buy the product and purchase additional storage if needed. Other than that it is a great product.

Becky
Director of Implementation (É.-U.)
Urbanisme et architecture, 2–10 employés

Peace of mind and ease of access

I love how quickly I can access a file on my computer remotely from my phone - for example, I recently went on a trip and forgot the itinerary spreadsheet I had saved to my desktop at home. It only took a minute to retrieve it while waiting at baggage claim.

I have not had any issues with this software, except forgetting to unpause the backup sometimes.