• Note globale
  • Facilité d'utilisation
  • Service client

En savoir plus sur Carbonite

Bloomfire fournit un tableau de bord administratif sur le web ainsi que des fonctions de sauvegarde automatique, de planification de sauvegarde (pour Windows) et de gestion des versions.

En savoir plus sur Carbonite

Note du produit

Note du produit

Utilisation

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Carbonite ?

Andrew K.
Andrew K.
Marketing Consultant (Australie)
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés

Makes for very easy regualr backups

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : Very good. We trialled a few different options but this was the best one.

Once it is set up properly you don't need to touch it again. If a problem occurs, it gives you a notification and is fixed easy.

Indicating which files and folders to back up can be a pain. By default, it backs up heaps of things that don't need backing up.

Sarah S.
Diretor of Creative Content (É.-U.)
Médias de diffusion, 2-10 employés

Great for Baking Up Data

4 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : If Carbonite changed those two factors I mentioned as cons, I would feel way more confident recommending them to friends because I do like the affordable plan and how easy it is to backup files compared to competitors. And like I mentioned, I also like how they will back up your external hard drive which a competitor I was looking at does not do.

As a backstory, I was talking to our tech advisor about our need for backing up our data. While I ensure that I back up my data through my external hard drive, I also know that my external hard drive can go kaput as all of them do eventually. So I mentioned to our tech guy that I feel like we need a cloud storage but I wasn't too fond of Dropbox or Google Drive. He had similar sentiments and recommended Carbonite. He said he uses it with a number of clients with good results. So I took the plunge with their Black Friday deal that included backup for my computer and external hardrive. Pros: I liked that it backed up all of my data itself and that I didn't have to do it manually. The only thing I need to do manually is for my future data and the process is SUPER simple even for the tech-challenged. I also liked that there was the mid-tier option (the one I chose) that backs up your external hard drive. You get unlimited storage for the tier I chose which is not true of Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and others.

I don't like that I can't easily access my data to see with my own eyes that my data is backed up which is very different than OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and Dropbox that I can pull up at any time my backup files. I can't tell how good Carbonite is at backing up the files until something goes wrong which makes me nervous. I don't like that if my external hard drive isn't connected for 30 days, the data is wiped out. What if I'm taking a break from my technology and don't have it hooked up? What if I'm using a different computer at the time because my original laptop and backup hard drive are getting repaired? That made me feel uneasy.

il y a 3 semaines

Thank you so much for leaving us some actionable feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to be thorough and honest with us!

Angelica K.
Construction, 2-10 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Not a fan

1 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Not happy with it. It did not work well for us to be able to access files when needed. Primary purpose was back up and thats it.

It is nice that it provides backup - but we were told can access it remotely and that was not easy or even possible sometimes. It wouldn't upload

Does not work well for business that try to access the files.

il y a 3 semaines

Have you tried working with Carbonite support on this matter? Please reach out to them here to see if they can resolve your problems: https://www.carbonite.com/contact-us

Randy W.
IT Support Manager (É.-U.)
Produits chimiques, 1 001-5 000 employés

Carbonite - Great solutiuon for protection!

5 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : Awesome. I ave had to use the backups to recover failed drives, and ransomed disks.

The software is easy to setup. It allows the individual to set up different backups. Incremental (daily), full (weekly or daily). Support is great and very helpful. You can encrypt the backups. Carbonite checks the backups on a continuous basis for ransomware.

By default it selects the folders for you. This is OK, but not all folders need backed up. It is easy to unselect the folders.

il y a 3 semaines

Thanks for leaving us some detailed and positive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to be descriptive and honest!

David M.
Systems Architect (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur

Carbonite for personal or small business

5 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Complete system restoration was a huge problem solver. Also real time continuous synched back up helped immensely for incidents such as accidental deletion.

The product was easy to implement and configure. The best features were continuous synchronous backup, and backup with encryption. It also had a feature to back up the entire system that could be used to restorer after a hardware failure.

The features were never a problem, however the pricing model changed significantly that made the prodcut unaffordable to my business and my clients.

il y a 2 mois

Thank you for leaving us a review. I'm sorry to hear that our pricing model was not to your satisfaction. Please reach out to our sales team to see if we can work something out: https://www.carbonite.com/contact-us

Mike N.
IT Administrator (É.-U.)
Armée, 51-200 employés

Information and file redundancy is key

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : My experience with Carbonite has been entirely positive. The few times that I have had to restore a file or several files were just a minor inconvenience compare to recreating the information from scratch. I would definitely recommend using this backup platform.

After a small learning curve the platform's UI is easy to configure and is intuitive. I can retrieve a backup copy of a lost file through the software's pop up in a matter of minutes and continue on with the project.

Unfortunately, any older files which are in my back up must be restored by a Carbonite representative. This involves a phone call and some time with the representative. Not a bad experience, just a minor inconvenience compared to the do-it-yourself newer backed up files.

Matthew S.
owner (É.-U.)
Services aux consommateurs, Auto-entrepreneur

Great tool for backing up your computer files

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : You can choose which files/folders I want to include. A few times, I have needed to do either a file restore or a complete system restore and you are happy you have Carbonite since restoring is also easy.

It works automatically in the background.. I have mine set up auto-backup daily at 4pm. Nice that it does its thing in the background and you don't have to manage it.

Nothing really bad to say.. the interface is basic and pretty easy to understand. There is nothing I would chance.

Daniel W.
Senior IT Specialist (É.-U.)
Bibliothèques, 51-200 employés

Carbonite backup solution

4 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Overall this software runs well. Again after a few adjustments with the policy, the backup solution runs at full throttle uploading data based on your specifications. The restore options are also wonderful and take less time than other backup solutions.

Carbonite endpoint backup solution has ease of deployment and policy settings. Once you set it up correctly based on your companies values, carbonite does the rest.

Coming off of the trial and into production it seemed that policy settings where missed. It would have been beneficial for carbonite to explain more in depth about restrictions within their policy settings. After a few phone calls back and forth everything seems to be running well. Communication to the customer is key

Darell B.
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 2-10 employés

Carbonite is a Valuable Tool

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I have been using Carbonite for Years and the Customer Service is 5 star and the software will auto backup all your data all day long just set it and forget it.

I have used Carbonite for a long time and recommend to all my business customers because it is the most reliable backup on the market and easy to use.

The pricing is a little expensive but it is a Great Product

Guy G.
Head Coach (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201-500 employés

Backup software

4 il y a 6 mois

High value for money. Great back up schedule. Ease to restore files.

Challenge to remove backed up files you delete from machine. Some times too many files are restored.

il y a 2 mois

Hey there - Thanks so much for leaving us some feedback! Have you tried working with our support team regarding the challenges you're facing to remove backed up files?

Project Engineer (É.-U.)
Construction, 201-500 employés

Use Carbonite if you don't want to risk losing your data on your computer

5 il y a 3 ans

I have used Carbonite in the past when I was running a company with 10 employees. One of my worst fears in the world would be having a computer corrupt or damaged and not able to access the files. It is better to be prepared than kick yourself later for not doing it. It was easy to set up carbonite on all of the computer and synced the backup on changes that were made within the computer. You select what folders that carbonite will consistently backup, such as my documents or customer invoices folder etc. The plan did not have any data limits on the amount of data you can backup. Carbonite really saved us when one of the disgruntled employees was trying to maliciously delete important documents and negatively hurt the company. It was about as simple as can be to retrieve the documents that were deleted and so nothing bad happened in result of this individuals actions. I never noticed any computer performance when running this software on a computer. I was surprised because I thought it would affect the computer in a negative way. I would recommend Carbonite for anybody dealing with important documents on a computer that cannot lose the information.

The least of what I liked about this is probably pricing. I feel like it should be a little lower for a backup system. There are quite a few plans to choose from but think the pricing for all of them should be a little lower. Other than that everything is perfect!

Gregory W.
DBA (É.-U.)
Administration publique, 10 000+ employés

Great Backup software - expensive

5 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : I hav ebeen using Carbonite for about 5 years.

Carbonite was one of the first cloud backup services available. For an annual fee (which can be renewed for up to three years at a time), you can have all your files uploaded to a secure server. All files are encrypted and stored safely until you need them again. Carbonite constantly checks your system for new files and updates the backup as needed. Carbonite also has an option to back up your entire system--not just document files. The best selling point is that your files are encrypted before they leave your system.

Carbonite is a bit on the expensive side, when you consider that there are less expensive options available for simple (unencrypted) cloud services. Also, restoring a backup from Carbonite can take many days because of the encryption/decryption process. Unless you absolutely need a system backup, use another service for cloud storage.

Adam M.
IT Manager (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

Carbonite - Great Support - Slow Servers

4 l’année dernière

Commentaires : The service that carbonite provides is invaluable. If you don't have your computer files backed up in a remote location you really need to. We have computers "die" all the time and without carbonite (or a similar service) we would be in danger of losing years worth of work.

I like how easy it is to setup Carbonite. You download the software then simply tell it what files/folders you want backed up. Then you tell it how often to back up. It is easy to setup and after it is setup, you'll forget its there...until your computer dies and you need to restore the files. Luckily, having carbonite means that if/when your computer dies, you won't lose your valuable files. Their customer support is really good. I was having trouble restoring files and was able to get a support agent on the phone within 10 minutes and within another 5-10 minutes we were good to go.

The carbonite website is pretty slow. I am restoring about 20gb of files now and it is going super slow. It is saying it'll take 16hrs to download 20gb. That's insanely slow. I know it is not our internet because I transfer large files a lot and it doesn't take long with our internet speed in the office.

Finance Officer (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 11-50 employés

Dependable service

5 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : Have not had to use at work because no problems. However, several years ago at home I did lose my files and it was easy to access and download what I anted. I truly wish they had not increased their annual fee but I am using a freebie. I don't have the money at home to have Sea Gate to backup everything but we do have at work along with Carbonite. However, when the contract expires we will be leaving Carbonite because they charge too much.

Carbonite works behind the scenes and I have used here at work and at home. You can be confident your files are available if they are lost on your computer

The increase in the yearly fee. There are other systems that do similar saving like in cloud that are free. You would still need something like Sea Gate to back up the external and that would cost more in Carbonite but it would make more sense paying for. However, Sea Gate is a one time purchase.

Felicia H.
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés

Great Customer Support

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : My employees are not IT people, so when we have a backup problem we get on the phone with Carbonite. They take over the computer and find the problems. It's as simple as that. They are so respectful to my team when there are issues and they have taught us how to do simple problem solving checks that can solve the problem! We are very happy with Carbonite.

We use Carbonite as our backup program for our computer system. On occasion when our computers update it will change settings on the computer. Carbonite has the ability to let you know via email if it backed up successfully or not. This way we can catch a problem as soon as it arises.

On occasion there are issues with the computers backing up because of new computer updates. This is solved by alerting us via email when our server does not backup properly.

Heather W.
Paralegal (É.-U.)
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés

Reliable

5 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : Overall this is a great product for adding another method of backup to your files for a good price.

I like that this software is very reliable. It is working in the background constantly updating all new files. Not only that, but it doesn't slow down the computer while doing it which is a huge plus in my book. I've had many other software programs slow my computer down and I end up ditching them. If we accidentally delete a file, we can go into Carbonite and recover it.

A couple downsides to this is that if you do happen to lose your information, it takes a long time to download all of the files back onto your computer. Another downside is that Cabonite does not backup any files that have the symbol ~ in the name. I use this often to put certain commonly used files up at the top of list for quick access.

Monique B.
Recreation Coordinator (É.-U.)
Relations gouvernementales, 51-200 employés

Worth the Money

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : Carbonite is definitely worth the money. Yes, it may be a little pricey; however, the cost is relative if you ever need to recover information/data from several PCs.

We use Carbonite in our office and it is a great program to have. The software runs in the background and doesn't slow your computer down. I also appreciate the friendly reminders of when we're either running out of space or didn't backup a computer during the week.

Make sure each machine has a specific profile name because the system will get confused. Also, please don't attempt to duplicate machine names (i.e. if your computer is completing an IT replacement) as this also confusing the system.

Comptabilité, 2-10 employés

Carbonite has saved me a couple of times

5 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : I needed the ability to back up my laptop to a remote location. I've used Carbonite for probably 10 years. I had two instances where hard drives went bad during my busy season. Thankfully we were using Carbonite on each computer. I was able to get up and running within a day and ever since then, I've used Carbonite. It's a lifesaver and gives me piece of mind knowing that my files are safely backed up.

It's easy to set up and operates behind the scenes. You don't even know it's running and it backs up your files to the cloud. Super simple to set up and use.

I don't have any issues with this software. The prices is reasonable, the back up process is simple, and it's a great piece of mind software.

William R.
Office manager (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

Carbonite keeps your information safe

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Carbonite is a great product that's very reasonably priced and does an excellent job backing up your information. We have personally relied on them more than once to backup information that was lost in a computer crash and we have never been disappointed.

Carbonite makes keeping a record of your valuable information extremely easy and reliable. In the past when we have had a computer crash and vital information was lost from the unit we were able to easily find and backup the information from Carbonite.

We really have not had any negative experience with using Carbonite. It is easy to set up and to download your lost information.

Jessica F.
Jessica F.
Comptabilité, Auto-entrepreneur

Set it and forget it while having peace of mind

4 il y a 3 ans

Commentaires : I've had them for over 10 years in my personal computer and I've been very happy. I didn't care for the business version so chose not to use it for my business as there are other products that offer a better value.

Once you configure your initial backup, Carbonite will take care of everything for you on auto pilot. New files and changed files will automatically be backed up without you having to remember to. Restoring files after a catastrophic hard drive failure took a while due to the size of the backup but worked well.

Price has been increasing steadily over the years without adding value, other providers are now more competitive price wise.

Kim T.
Vente au détail, 11-50 employés

Excellent Back-up Software

5 l’année dernière

Commentaires : We have been with Carbonite since they started. The offer Peace of mind. If you have ever crashed without back-up you would know what a disaster that is. We back up all our PC and our NAS continuously.

Carbonite is easy to set up on each machine. We can select what we want backed up. Restore can be done in a couple ways.

Occasionally it will give you a message that something is not being backed up and 99% of the time if you check you will find it was being backed up anyway. Just little glitches like that.

Sharon M.
owner (É.-U.)
Logiciels, 2-10 employés

Good backup software for personal or home use

4 il y a 5 ans

Commentaires : Peace of mind knowing my files are backed up.

- You can back up an unlimited amount of photos, music, and files. - You can easily see what files are included in the backup, and easily add more files. - Backup is continuous, you don't have to check it or worry about it. - Overall a good backup solution. I have not had any problems or errors.

- It takes forever to retrieve your files. I am restoring files from my old computer to my new one. It has been going for about three WEEKS and it is now at 83%. However, if I needed one particular file right away, I could search for and download that one sooner.

Ken B.
Marketing Director (É.-U.)

Carbonite has been there for me through a few system crashes - had my date backed up and ready to go

4 il y a 4 ans

Commentaires : Great backup of my work - only downside was slow in getting them loaded back.

Carbonite was my safety net when my system crashed. I have created a LOT of marketing material over time and it is imperative to have a backup system. I was able to find the files I needed and load them back. Their phone line customer service was also top-notch the one time I called. They were professional and helpful and had me up and running quickly.

The main detriment is that if you have a lot of large files it will take you a long time even with fast upload speed to get your files loaded back.

Trevor B.
Pastor (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, Auto-entrepreneur

An absolute Must

5 il y a 2 ans

Commentaires : Overall very positive. I will always use an online backup system and carbonite is the best I've ever used.

After losing all my files on an external hard drive, I switched to Carbonite. It automatically backs up my computer files daily. I can access them online and download them on any computer. If in the event my computer crashes, I can download all my files to my new computer.

It didn't back up all my videos. Not sure why it may have been my subscription. But I lost several video files.

Don B.
Don B.
System Integration Mgr - CAS & Bus Partner (É.-U.)
Aviation et industrie aéronautique

Sleep well knowing your data is protected!

5 il y a 4 ans

Commentaires : it provide the peace of mind knowing that your data is always backed up. It does this on a daily basis, so you have the most up to date image of current data.

One of the best features of this software is the ease of use. Upon setup, it walks you through the entire process. Doesn't get any easier than that. I've used this software for several years and during that time had on two occasions lost a hard drive and all the data on it. Thankfully Carbonite was there to restore.

I've used Carbonite for several years and honestly don't have any negatives for this program. It just works!