Avis clients sur Certent Equity Management

par insightsoftware

Filtrer par :

• Service client

En savoir plus sur Certent Equity Management

Rationalisez votre gestion des tableaux de plafonnement et capitaux propres, renforcez votre mise en conformité, réduisez les risques et stimulez votre productivité. La vie après l'ère des feuilles de calcul.

En savoir plus sur Certent Equity Management

27 avis affichés

Brian C.
Brian C.
Financial Advisor
Services financiers, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 04/02/2020

"Great for Tracking Equity Compensation"

Commentaires: Overall, I like Certent. It is a simple tool to help me keep track of my stock options.

Avantages: Certent is great to help me understand my equity grants. It, very clearly, lists out my grants and any relevant information.

Inconvénients: While the tool is very good, I wish it provided more aggregate information and analysis. Its great to look at one line item/one grant, it would like to see more data about the set as a whole.

• Publié le 04/02/2020
Christopher E.
Corporate Controller
  • Publié le 15/09/2020

"Functional and Supported... but Expensive."

Avantages: It does pretty much everything you could want an Equity Management platform to do. And the Support Team is always available and knowledgeable. There hasn't been an issue I couldn't get through with the support and product.

Inconvénients: It is one of the most expensive in the industry. I have tried to justify the cost for a long time and wish they were more flexible on the pricing. It also has some less-than-intuitive menu schemes and data reports that feel would be an easy fix, but they aren't ever addressed.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to see that our support team has met your needs and would love to engage further on the topic of reporting.

Brooks W.
SDR Manager
Logiciels, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 06/03/2020

"This may be the worst software I have used. Ever."

Commentaires: Awful. Just Awful.

Avantages: Through many bugs and a painful login and re-authentication process every single time I access the platform, I have been able to exercise my options through Certent.

Inconvénients: They take something that is already difficult for many people to understand and make it worse by having a terrible UI, and login and authentication process

Hi Brooks,

We appreciate your feedback and want to work with you to improve your experience. We will be in touch to discuss how we can simplify the UI and improve the authentication process.

• Publié le 06/03/2020
Adam C.
Director of Equity Compensation
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 10 000+ employés

"Solid stable platform"

Avantages: This platform is sufficiently robust for our uses. The administration and SAS access are easy to use. The financial reporting is good and gets us where we need to be come audit time. Integration with various brokers is helpful for tailoring uses for different company needs.

Inconvénients: The software is missing some key features that will impact the future. There isn't any tax mobility calculation or support. That lags behind other platforms but I'm told it is in development. The integration with multiple brokers limits how fast they can develop new and important features.

Sandra S.
Construction, 501-1 000 employés

"Ease of Use"

Commentaires: Really good. I would absolutely recommend this software.

Avantages: This software is so easy to use. I have used another system and the number of steps I had to take in the other software was substantially more than what the same action required in Certent. The reporting in Certent is easier. Literally, everything but dividends is easier in Certent.

Inconvénients: The broker link with Merrill Lynch is not set up to accept Dividend / DEU accruals.
Customer service is on West Coast, so hours can be a little tricky for East or Central time zone (but the help desk is good).

Hi Sandra,

We appreciate your feedback. We are excited to hear Certent has been able to streamline your work processes and would love to have a more in-depth conversation with you about Certent's processing of dividends.

Jack M.
SEC Manager
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 21/09/2020

"Certent"

Avantages: Customer support is always there. I feel like I can call them for anything.

Inconvénients: Customer support needed at times. I feel like have to call often.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide your feedback. We are glad that Support has provided you with excellent service and will be in touch to find out how we can reduce the need to call into our Support line.

• Publié le 21/09/2020
Shane G.
Banque, 51-200 employés

"Satisfied"

Commentaires: I am very pleased with the product and value of the software, it is built to handle corporations much larger and complex than us, but it is still user friendly to our needs, and is still affordable.

Avantages: The system can hand any time of award our organization would like to grant, and it has all the tools necessary for accounting, activity, and regulatory requirements.

Inconvénients: Some of the report generation menus can be difficult to navigate to find the report that I need. There is a lot of reports available. There is a star feature that can be used to quickly find commonly used reports. Which is helpful.

Nicholas P.
Manager, Financial Reporting
Biotechnologie, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 24/09/2020

"Certent Review - 9/24/20"

Avantages: Ease of use, user interface friendly, great and timely customer support

Inconvénients: Sometimes there have to be workarounds for unique situations

Ivy H.
Accounting Manager
  • Publié le 24/09/2020

"Certent Equity Management Review"

Commentaires: The overall benefit of using Certent is that it has save us time during month-end.

Avantages: Ever since our Company migrated over to Certent and away from the our options spreadsheet, it has made our equity management easier from tracking of new option awards to expense recognition during month-end closes.

Inconvénients: The least I like about this software is the HRPC and broker integration piece. There are many tasks that still have to be done manually in the integration piece. For example, when we terminate employee in our HR/Payroll system, termination does not feed over properly. Date of birth for new hires does not feed properly as well.

Rachel M.
Senior Reporting Accountant
Biens de consommation, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 24/01/2017

"Review of Equity Management"

Commentaires: We've had a pretty good experience so far with Equity Management from Certent. The reports are very easy to run and information is easy to find, however every once in a while will have an issue running the reports with not getting any data returned. There also isn't a great way to export to Excel for some of the reports I run and when you copy and paste the data the formatting isn't pretty.

Avantages: Easy to run reports

Inconvénients: Exporting the data to Excel doesn't always work, there's not an easy way to do it and the copy/paste function into Excel messes up the formatting.

• Publié le 24/01/2017
Brie S.
Assistant Controller
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Publié le 23/09/2020

"Helps streamline accounting, administration, and disclosure reporting for our equity awards"

Avantages: I like that we are able to easily load mass data into the system, easily run monthly journal entries, and quickly run a few reports to put together our quarterly SEC disclosures.

Inconvénients: The features available in the software have not changed much over time. Not having 162m reporting is a downfall and reports are very lengthy, with more columns that almost anyone would use. You can customize the layout of your reports, but that is also very time consuming.

• Publié le 23/09/2020
Vicki V.
Corporate Controller
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 16/08/2018

"Strong little product for Stock Options"

Commentaires: We use Armanino as our service provider and they answer tough questions quickly so overall we are very satisfied with the software. System is pricey but from what I know is in the range of other products.

Avantages: 1. Great product for stock options
2. Help menu is very good

Inconvénients: 1. The equity side (non stock options) needs to be improved - warrants, preferred and common shares.
2. Modifications require manual entry, would be nice to incorporate into the system (even if input was manual)
3. We still have a bug for options issued prior to implementation. We issued a % completion on PNQ's which resulted in "fractional shares" that the system could not figure out. It would be good if they could just round DOWN!!
4. Seems like we should only have to pay for current option holders, not ones from the beginning of time. We now pay for the stock option system each year which is a little pricey!

• Publié le 16/08/2018
Steven S.
VP HR
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 11-50 employés

"Certent Review"

Commentaires: they've been great. Knowledgeable, responsive and helpful.

Avantages: Their customer support is outstanding. When I've had an issue, they've addressed it immediately. Their software carries out a large amount of the functionality we need.

Inconvénients: Setting it up, I had a tough time with the Rep. I think it could be more user friendly... intuitive. It feels more like a Microsoft product that I have to learn rather than an apple product.

Hi Steven,

It's great to hear you've benefited from Certent's software functionality and had an outstanding experience with Support. We've made progress with our user interface, but it sounds like there's more work to do. We would love to discuss this topic further and will be in touch.

Carolyn P.
Immobilier, 501-1 000 employés

"Very satisfied"

Avantages: The ease of use and accuracy. We do some complicated transactions and it always delivers.

Inconvénients: Broker interface is lacking functionality, especially for performance shares.

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback about Certent. We are proud of our ability to deliver on complex requirements and are always looking for ways to improve. We are interested in learning more about your experience with performance shares.

Brian S.
Senior Director Controller
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 15/09/2020

"Great Customer Service and Ease of Use"

Commentaires: Great!

Avantages: The software is really easy to use and quite intuitive. When I have had questions though the support has been outstanding. Support has been very knowledgeable on the software as well as the tax and accounting principles around equity accounting. I often learn new information just discussing my issue.

Inconvénients: I'd like an easier way to do imports. I don't use it enough so I have to go back and review how to do it each time. Now I usually just input items manually to avoid the learning curve.

Hi Brian,

We are grateful for your feedback and thrilled to hear about your outstanding experience with Support. We would love to find out how we can make the import process less cumbersome for you and will be in touch to discuss.

Kathleen B.
CFO

"Certent Review"

Commentaires: Overall, moving away from spreadsheet tracking for options to Certent has been great!

Avantages: Keep all of our equity management in one platform!

Inconvénients: Unable to upload change in control RSUs due to no determine vesting date and do not wish to use a future date.

Alternatives envisagées : Global Shares

Pourquoi passer à Certent Equity Management: Recommended by our Broker

Chesney W.
Vice President
Banque, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 22/09/2020

"Certent Equity Management gets the job done"

Avantages: This software is easy to use and the reporting tools are great.

Inconvénients: The Section 16 part of the software maybe the most difficult part to learn, but once you figure it all out it is no big deal.

• Publié le 22/09/2020
Chingche C.
Financial analyst
Services financiers, 1 001-5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 03/01/2020

"Overall is good !"

Avantages: 1. The website has a robot to answer some basic questions which save me time.
2. It is very clear to know how much I have for the stocks, easy and simple.

Inconvénients: 1. The visualization in the system is not really attractive compared to other similar services such as Carta, looks old-fashioned style.
2. The system asked me to change my password quite often which I need to find another one to remember.
3. if there are some monthly or quarterly reports which may be helpful.

• Publié le 03/01/2020
Marsha R.
HR Generalist
Biens de consommation, 51-200 employés

"Easy to use"

Avantages: It's easy to navigate once you get over the hurdle

Inconvénients: Reports have weird names. Refreshing to fidelity's isn't always the easiest.

Heather M.
Senior Accounting
Comptabilité, 1 001-5 000 employés

"Certently moving forward"

Avantages: Software provides forecasting which has been extremely powerful especially in these economic times

Inconvénients: Can be so fickle with timing of the activity. not very fluid to correct misinformation from data uploads

Hi Heather,

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have benefited from the forecasting capabilities within Certent. We want to learn more about how we can improve the process of correcting data from uploads and will be in touch to discuss further.

Anjali P.
  • Publié le 06/10/2016

"Certent for equity"

Commentaires: I recently just started using Certent in the last few months. I think Certent offers a valuable service, I mean without it I would have no idea what to do with all the information that comes from our cap tables. I'm just starting to learn about equity administration and Certent has been a huge help in getting my started. They also have great customer service - although this is only via email and not phone from what I have seen. The one thing I will say about Certent is that it's not very easy to get up to speed on, but once you are up to speed it makes everything a lot easier. i was luck enough to have a full training from the previous Certent admin so that helped a lot.

• Publié le 06/10/2016
Janet H.
Supv- Legal & Equity Services
  • Publié le 10/11/2015

"Very user friendly."

Commentaires: I have used this software for over seven years. Certent allows me to accurately track all stock options and restricted grants, providing management and accounting with accurate reports. System can be set to automatically run reports at month end allowing us to close much faster. The preparation of proxy reports/schedules is accomplished by printing a few reports. The employee portal allows our employees to access their information 24-7. Customer service is exceptional, they respond quickly and resolve issues in a very timely manner.

• Publié le 10/11/2015
Jeff L.
Cloud Application Engineer
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 201-500 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 17/07/2018

"Simple and easy to use interface"

Avantages: Our company use it for option grants, and I as a user find it pretty easy to use.
My previous company used eShares (carta), and I think carta has a lot of stuff on the site, takes time to click around to understand everything (still very easy to use). Certent is a bit simpler.

Inconvénients: I am just a user with limited access on the dashboard, there is not really a lot of things I can do on the site. For the things I can do on the site, I think it's pretty straight forward and simple, don't have any problem with it.

• Publié le 17/07/2018
Ronald R.
CFO
  • Publié le 14/11/2015

"I am the administrator of our stock option progam."

Commentaires: The software is simple to use and has standardized reports for every function I require from status of grants, exercises, vestings and terminations through to all of the required financial statement disclosures and audit support schedules. Additionally, outputs are easily generated to support the Black Scholes valuation. Its all very simple and has made our administrative and financial reporting process efficient and reliable.

• Publié le 14/11/2015
Mike B.
Finance Director
  • Publié le 22/02/2016

"I am the security admin and I have read/Write access to our data."

Commentaires: I think the software works fairly well for our needs. I think the main pro is that the system is fairly easy to use for the functions you utilize most often. The cons are I would like to see a different option for dividend value reporting, There are a couple data points required for our annual 10K filing that are not included on the disclosure report which requires me to run additional data to get what I need.

• Publié le 22/02/2016