I used IBM Lotus Notes for 4 years as my email software working at an advertising agency.

Publié le 30/04/2018
Jenny M.
Brand Director
Internet, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I started using IBM Lotus Notes fresh out of college at my first job and all my coworkers complained about it and wished we were using Microsoft Outlook instead. I had never used Microsoft Outlook so I didn't know what I was missing. Having a fresh perspective, I actually *mostly* liked IBM Lotus Notes. I liked that when you received an email, even if it was apart of a longer thread, it appeared in your inbox like a single email. I liked this because it helped me visualize how many emails I actually had vs. seeing various long threads. I loved that you could open, display and reference pertinent emails in a tab-style fashion within the program. After I moved companies we switched to G-Mail and I miss this tab-style treatment from Lotus Notes so much. When I worked in Lotus Notes, I'd keep emails that I needed to respond to or emails that had details that I wanted to look at open and this feature was a time saver and helped me manage my time and projects since I could visualize what emails I needed to respond to or what issues I need to tackle. The calendar system and the fact that our conference rooms were linked to the system was amazing, too. Double room booking never happened once during my time using Lotus Notes calendar.

Inconvénients: I have 3 main issues with Lotus Notes
1. The tabs (emails) that you keep open for reference at the top of the program cannot be shifted around. They're organized in the order you open them. I wish you could shuffle them around, much like you can move around browser tabs in programs like Google Chrome. If I could reorganize these email tabs it'd help better with project management and overall clarity because you could arrange emails in the order in which you need to respond or handle them and / or arrange them by category (i.e. put 2 emails about finances next to each other; put 3 emails about meeting prep next to each other, etc.).
2. When you close Lotus Notes the tabs you had open close, too. It'd be much better for the tabs to autosave and when you open Lotus Notes again for those same tabs to open so you don't forget about emails you need to respond to / handle. I began flagging emails I needed to respond to as a safety net but I'd prefer these tabs to stay open until you close them directly.
3. The program itself tends to freeze and I've lost many email drafts as a result. I'm hoping this improves over time and I wouldn't be surprised if this happens less on PC computers since IBM is more of a PC-first software generally speaking. I've had less bugs / freezing on my first PC computer than I've had on my many Apple Macbooks.

IBM Notes email client

Publié le 04/04/2018
Candace E.
Google CS First Instructor
Support client

Avantages: IBM Notes formerly known as Lotus Notes offers a collaborative email client. IBM Notes has integration of various business functions such as calendar, email, contact lists, and messaging. IBM Notes has archival options and file sharing capabilities. With the professional download of IBM Notes the administrator has the option to customize the user interface by modifying the view of the mailbox window. IBM Notes interfaces with company's server and intranet which makes communication between networks such that downloading files; are user-friendly. IBM Notes offers the following products; Traveler; mobile email, Sametime; messenger, and Domino; notes server.

Inconvénients: IBM Notes has 9 versions of the email client with errors regarding saving a Lotus Document varying across operating systems. Reports of frequent crashes during general startup of IBM Notes. Crash reports of general startup after logging into Sametime. Depending on the size of the company and the maximum amount of the band width, loading may be exceptionally slow and may "hang" or create a "lag" within the opening of the client. Updates of the software are to be completed by the administrator or user which may take time away from productivity.

IBM Notes it's a powerful collaborative client that needs to be rebuild with new framework

Publié le 05/02/2019
Senior System Engineer
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I work with Notes from 10+ years and I loved it. Right now the development made by HCL has restarted the engine so i'm confident Notes will have a better future. This review is based on what i've seen until V10, we will see something better for sure at the end of this year with V 11

Avantages: Notes could be considered a standard. It's available from 20+years and today you could open and use application build 10 years ago without any issue: this is insane. If you have learn to use Notes 10 years ago and you have to use it today , don't be scared, you will be able to use it in a seconds.

Inconvénients: Starting from version 8.x IBM has decided to base the full client on eclipse framework and this was a big mistake that have almost killed the product. 8/10 years later, we are on version 10 where we have decent performance because SSD and modern CPU but the client performance of last years has pointed customers in other directions. Another cons is Notes is not easy to be used : if you have to use it on your company plan also education.

Learning Gap

Publié le 19/09/2018
Wesley S.
Head Of Information Technology
Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I was an admin and user.

Avantages: Notes was a requirement at Zodiac Aerospace. We used it for the Database Workflows and Email. I really liked the way you could setup workflows and attach them to an email workflow. This was handy. It was definitely easier to give someone access to another mailbox than Outlook.

Inconvénients: It is Notes. The standard email is outlook, and so a lot of times the emails you get wouldn't show up correctly. There were a lot of limitations on Notes. It had to have it's own mailbox on Android devices. It caused a gap in my learning of the new outlook.

Disappointing compared to alternatives

Publié le 31/05/2018
Senior Field Marketing Manager
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Forced to use it inside of IBM. Wouldn't use it if there was another option allowed.

Avantages: This is a basic tool that meets the needs of IBMers who need to communicate with each other via email. There are a few extra options to create sections with drop down menus that are helpful in keeping email content looking shorter at first glance.

Inconvénients: The extra features (such as the sections/dropdowns) can only be seen by other people using Notes. Text fonts and sizes often times show up looking differently in other email tools. So people outside of IBM lose all of the intended formatting.

IBM Notes...to use or not to use

Publié le 09/01/2017
David C.
Quality/Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Machines, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have used Notes for many years with 3 different companies. Notes have some very good features - easy to add databases, the IM feature, To Do lists, etc. Stability sometimes has been an issue...it will want to crash and then recover, which could take a little while. I think it is a B product!

Avantages: Flexibility, easy to add programs/databases, IM function works well, ability to segregate emails into different folders.

Inconvénients: Can be difficult to navigate...getting to your Workspace for databases and applications. Stability...I have at least 1 crash a quarter.

IBM Notes has been my companies CRM tool since I started working, and leaves alot to be desired.

Publié le 14/03/2018
John W.
Sales Manager
Production alimentaire, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great place to store all information about customers and tracking sales numbers.

Avantages: IBM Notes is very good at retaining all the information needed in a sales based organization. Functionally the product is very adequate, with the ability to store just about everything needed about a customer.

Inconvénients: This program is very dated in its functionality and overall design. Platform is set up to be very blocky and the shortcuts are very hard to use. I would like to see them redesign their platform to be set up more like a website for easier search functions.

IBM Notes Review

Publié le 08/03/2019
Prem V.
Systems Engineer
Services et technologies de l'information, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It is very helpful in setting a professional mailbox for users but not suitable for file collaboration for large number of users

Avantages: Many features are available to organise and differentiate emails. Supports multiple database which can support data inputs from forms submitted by users and collaborating with other users

Inconvénients: Archive of old emails may become corrupted when they reach larger sizes, it is recommended to split archive into smaller files.
The search function may take longer for larger database

The safest and most robust way to manage my Email

Publié le 05/07/2018
Doriann M.
Analista de Sistemas
201-500 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: For a while I was a user of IBM Notes and with a little effort I got to know it thoroughly and I can say that it is a powerful application like few others and capable of achieving great things if we take the time to use it. The organization and security of my email tray is excellent using Notes

Avantages: IBM Notes provides an enormous level of security and robustness to manage your mail tray without loss of information, providing the best functions to organize incoming and outgoing emails. In addition, their collaborative options are very useful when working as a team

Inconvénients: The interface is very rudimentary and it is a little complicated to get familiar with the program. It is difficult to get some options among the hundreds it have and that is why it is difficult to know the program completely.

It is a good alternative

Publié le 16/05/2019
Senior System Engineer
Produits chimiques, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Management is little complex. It is working different then Outlook. Address book integration is useful. We integrated with Exchange mail servers.

Avantages: You can update IBM Notes mailbox database remotely with admin console. When you changed mailbox database IBM notes returning to new visual GUI.

Inconvénients: Notes needs to user file to open application. If you loose the user file Admin have to give you a new file. Admin must keep a copy of all users files.

I used Notes for primarily email and a hand full of databases

Publié le 26/04/2018
Regina D.
Career and Education Administrator
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like all of the linkages to databases within the company. I also like the GUI. It was easy to navigate and very alternative.

Inconvénients: This is not as good as outlook, but still very strong. I WISH that it would cue on certain words like - if I say "attach" or any version of the word within the body of the email, and forgot to attacha file, that it would prompt me a reminder before sending. Outlook has this feature.

Great all around software

Publié le 10/04/2018
Jaime D.
Document Controller
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 5 001-10 000 employés

Commentaires: Great all around program

Avantages: This is a great software - not only can you use it for emails it is capable of supplying many different database software all in the one place - it is timeless

Inconvénients: This is an all around great program which incorporates email and endless databases and I can't think of a single con to this software

Notes Review

Publié le 17/05/2019
Carlo T.
IT Manager
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Ease of use and plenty of space available for email storage. Mailboxes and calendars can be shared among colleagues, for us this functionality is very useful.

Inconvénients: Sometimes there are delays in receiving e-mails and the search (especially if using the client installed on the PC) does not work well.

We have been using IBM Notes since version 4.5. It is a shame that IBM has let the software die.

Publié le 18/05/2018
Guy U.
IT Director
Emballage et conteneurs, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: One of the best features of IBM Notes is the ability to create custom applications quickly. We have hundreds of custom applications to support our business processes.

Inconvénients: The software is very buggy and crashes constantly. IBM has done a terrible job updating and modernizing the software.

Great email software

Publié le 14/12/2017
Learning Consultant
Support client

Avantages: Very helpful to search emails by author or text string, and also store emails by folder. It is very easy to embed files and graphics.

Inconvénients: It takes a long time to load and start up. Creating personalized stationary is not intuitive, nor is creating a personalized salutation.

excellent client and mail server, totally recommended

Publié le 07/08/2018
Desarrolador de Software (Implantacion de SCADA)
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It has helped me a lot in my work with the large number of incoming emails and the quick response in the backup of the information

Avantages: It is very powerful both in the system in general and in its database and is easy to use

Inconvénients: for me it has no disadvantages because it is a very complete software

Meh

Publié le 12/05/2019
Michael O.
Industrial engineer
Biens de consommation, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: You can send email and other basic tasks without too much trouble.

Inconvénients: Everything is clunky. Creating and using rules is difficult at best. The mobile app is difficult to configure and creates 5 apps which all have to remain visible in order to use one.

Achieve the free flow of a document that needs the authorization of several sources with IBM

Publié le 02/04/2018
operador
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The server offers platforms for platforms, which include Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Linux.
Notes is a communication system that allows sending emails and managing calendars and ideal agendas for the approval and distribution of documents.

Avantages: What I like the most is sending emails and managing calendars and agendas, sharing databases with information, such as documentary bases, procedures, manuals or discussion forums.

Inconvénients: Domino applications can be accessed through the Notes Client, through a web browser such as IE, Firefox or Safari and mobile devices, they should implement a larger system with new access routes to the application.

Liked the software overall,

Publié le 19/01/2018
Kapil K.
Specialist
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Ease of doing work ... i have been using it for the past 5 years on daily basis.. most of the time it worked really well.

Inconvénients: Support is really bad.. for any issue.. it takes really long time to get resolved..getting a quicker support would be great !!

My experience with IBM Notes has been good overall. I do feel like it is starting to faze out though

Publié le 06/02/2018
Zach M.
Systems Administrator
Support client

Avantages: I like most that Notes allows you to have Databases inside of it and give you the ability to manage them easily.

Inconvénients: I like least that the software has a lot of bugs and will have frequent client crashes which in turn makes the software look bad.

A desktop program for work-related mail and calendar management

Publié le 27/02/2018
Mike W.
IT Tech
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: A client-server mail client which incorporates email and schedule elements to organize your work-related items. many features include out of office and Signatures.

Inconvénients: Connection issues to the server. Username and passwords are a bit of a hassle. The mail has a hard time refreshing the mailbox for new mail. The Out of Office won't let you select certain days. ie. If you worked only 4 days a week.

Lotus Notes Review

Publié le 02/04/2019
Takunda M.
ICTM
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use notes to host our shared databases as well as for email purposes.

Avantages: The ability to handle vast databases on one workspace as well as the ability to share the workspace among different users.

Inconvénients: LN is not a light as other mail applications

it's ok, does the job

Publié le 05/05/2018
Head of Client Success
51-200 employés
Support client

Avantages: I like that you can set times for replication of email so you don't get overwhelmed with emails and distracted

Inconvénients: I don't like that when `i run searches they don't always work properly, also the whole software doesn't have the best UX

Schedule your daily tasks with simplicity and without many pretensions

Publié le 27/05/2019
Natasha A.
Analista corporativo
Administration publique, 1 001-5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We started experimenting with this application a few months ago because we used IBM Connections and it turned out to be very good, we can say that we have done well because in short does the job, is perfect in that sense, everyone feels comfortable using it that facilitates the fluidity of communication, collaboration, and productivity at work.

Avantages: It is excellent to do internal collaborative work, maintaining permanent communication with colleagues from different areas, through different communication channels such as instant messaging chat, email and calendar for the programming of activities that are in sight, also integrates with the perfection with other applications such as IBM Connections.

Inconvénients: It is a basic tool that is limited to the implementation of functions that do not have the opportunity to shine beyond doing the job. It would be great to update the interface, modernize it and add new functions and features.

Currently using it as a management system for documentation.

Publié le 27/07/2018
Mechanical Application Engineer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Database for documents and drawings

Avantages: Ideal software to create document workflows and approvals as well as storage method for instructions, drawings in the manufacturing industry.

Inconvénients: Not so user friendly in its interface - requires some configuration to be able to be used for all its applications. Not ideal for email systems.