15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

En savoir plus sur DyKnow

DyKnow est un logiciel de gestion de classe qui vous aide à : surveiller les appareils des élèves, éliminer les distractions et stimuler la concentration en classe.

En savoir plus sur DyKnow

Most important functions for me are accessed quickly.

A lot of error messages or instances where Dyknow failed to load or quit part of the way through a class it was supposed to be monitoring.

DyKnow - Notes

DyKnow a reçu une note globale de 4,3 étoiles sur 5 d'après 130 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé DyKnow ?

April
April
Teacher (É.-U.)

I was easily able to track my students devices and block certain webpages that I found not suitable.

Commentaires : I benefited from this software by easily being able to blow websites that interfered with my students coursework or would distract them.

I really enjoy the fact that I can monitor students on their devices by using the classroom analytics feature which allows me to view the history of student activity on a specific day. This tool also allows me to go back and see which students were off task and which were actually paying attention.

The biggest problem I have found with this software is the fact that students cane easily bypass the software by downloading extensions within the browser that will allow them to play games, but will not show up on my monitoring screen. I also often receive errors from the software saying that it can not be loaded at that time.

Anthony
6th Grade Teacher (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 10 000+ employés

Great for monitoring, could be better when it comes to action

Commentaires : Works great for helping teachers monitor student behavior on chromebooks. The two main flaws that I have noticed are:
1) If a student downloads a chrome extension (many games are available this way), it does not show up on the monitoring screen, but rather says "Out of Browser". Teachers are unable to block these activities.
2) Teachers cannot take over individual student screens. The ability to take over an individual student's screen and click on the correct link (or links) for them would allow for redirection or assistance without hassle. This would also help alleviate the above issue, as it would allow teachers to manually "x out" gaming apps.
Other than these two issues, I enjoy using Dyknow and trauly believe that it holds students accountable for their actions on the Chromebook.

Holds students accountable, allows me to multitask.

No manual takeover, no way to combat gaming through web extensions

il y a 7 ans

Hi Anthony! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. As for the extensions on student devices, it's our best practice for the campus to prevent this at the Google Admin level. If that's not the case, an "Allow Only" plan with the websites your students should be using will prevent access to all extensions. Add "Web Browsers" as an application to your Allow Only plan. Thanks for the idea about taking "remote control" of student devices! We will share this with our Product Manager. Here's a "how to" article for building an Allow Only blocking plan: https://support.dyknow.com/hc/en-us/articles/204065406

Tori

Dyknow Review

Commentaires : While I like the features that Dyknow has when it comes to monitoring my classroom activities, I get extremely frustrated with Dyknow on the days that it doesn't work. There were multiple times over the year where I relied on Dyknow to act as a blocking software while my students were taking a quiz or a test and Dyknow failed to perform. Multiple times I received errors that Dyknow couldn't load or couldn't find the students it was supposed to be monitoring which left me at a disadvantage when it came to creating successful blocking plans that accomplished the tasks I needed them to. I also wish Dyknow had a feature where I could set it to automatically begin monitoring my class at certain times - because it has to be open in a separate tab and I have to remember to begin the monitoring in addition to everything else I have to do, there were many times where I didn't set it to monitor my class. Since it doesn't build a record for that student unless I remember to start monitoring, this meant I didn't have a record for many days in the social studies classroom. Would love to see an adjustment where I can sync it with a daily schedule and set it to start monitoring at specific times.

Easy to use Blocking plans were easy to set up

A lot of error messages or instances where Dyknow failed to load or quit part of the way through a class it was supposed to be monitoring Errors where having Dyknow running and blocking activity on student laptops led to programs they were using refusing to let them type in text boxes Time consuming to have to uncheck every student when attempting to establish segmented blocking - wish it started with no students checked and allowed me to check just the one or two who needed to be blocked

il y a 7 ans

Hi Tori, Thanks so much for taking the time to share. We've been doing lots of work on our servers to keep improving them for our customers! We also love the idea of DyKnow automatically starting to monitor. We will share this with our Product Manager for future work!

Christopher
Christopher
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001–5 000 employés

Classroom Management At Its Best

Commentaires : I spent a long time not being able to control my students and DyKnow was a game changer for me.

DyKnow gave me back control of my classroom. The ability to control what students can and cannot access if invaluable to keep them on task. I am able to set up pre-made lists of blocks to quickly access them for my classes.

I wish I could take control of my students computers and close tabs rather than just blocking access. I would also like to control programs outside the browser. That is the main feature I would like.

Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur

Classroom lecture management made easy

Technology can either be a distraction in a classroom if students are using them in non-productive ways, yet they can be a boon if they can be used properly in a classroom setting. Dyknow is a tool that helps point tech in the classroom towards the latter, more helpful outcome. It provides many useful tools for monitoring students, delivering lectures, and student engagement. Since Dyknow is cross-platform, it can be deployed on school computers as well as a variety of personal devices owned by students.

Students will try their hardest to work around Dyknow monitoring. In environments where students have Dyknow installed on their computer, reliability can be spotty, cutting into class time while trying to diagnose certain problems.

Anthony
Middle School Social Studies Teacher (É.-U.)

When it's up and running, it's a game changer in the classroom!

Commentaires : Peace of mind. I can monitor student behavior while completing other tasks.

Data to analyze at the end of the day to see which websites grabbed my students attention and how I could develop my lesson to include them!

The website has connectivity issues pretty frequently. I would say at least one day a week I am unable to monitor student activity with dyknow.

, 51–200 employés

Easy to use in school environment and for teachers

- see what students are doing - able to turn in documents through software - can display messages and freeze student screens

- agent must be installed on each computer and it has to be pre-configured (we used on premise version) - organization could be much better on the back end. Clunky and hard to understand at first.

Angela
Angela
Contributing Author (É.-U.)
Marketing et publicité, 2–10 employés

It Helps Make Teaching Easier

The ability to monitor internet usage is huge in keeping from being distracted by social media and streaming sites. We are a homeschool teaching group that uses the program so we don't have the convenience of blocking some sites.

Since we are a homeschool group, not all of the parents are understanding the app as well as someone with more formal training in computers . We have gotten around that by selecting parents who do understand it to track it.

Megan
Megan
Academic Director (É.-U.)

This software is easy to use and easier to push out to your network.

I liked that this was easy to push out as an update to all the student computers. My students never knew it was put out and therefore could not mess around and try to disable it or try to work around it. There is also no way around it.

It is a little difficult to manage on iPads. So there is a little more supervision that goes on along with using them.

Emily
Emily
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001–5 000 employés

DyKnow: a Valuable Tool for Teachers

I loved being able to keep my students on a single website, and being able to see they they are on task and learning.

I would get frustrated sometimes when other teachers would forget to release my students back to me on DyKnow.

Gestion de l'enseignement, 501–1 000 employés

DyKnow is perfect for my Alternative Classroom as a tool to stay on task.

Commentaires : My expereince with DyKnow has been all positive. During my day Students are often online as well as wroking in the classroom. DyKnow is the tool that has allowed me to manage multiple classes at teh same time. With DyKnow I am able to hold classroom discussions while at the same time monitor other students working online and keep them on task. DyKnow is the product that facilitates my teaching experience. I cannot imagine not have it available. A great tool that is customizeable to the individual teacher.

Ease of use.

Dependent on internet connectivity.

il y a 7 ans

Thanks so much for sharing, David! We're so proud to be part of your classroom and teacher workflow :)

Jim
Department Chair (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201–500 employés

Know what your students are working on.

Commentaires : In a lab where students are working independently it works fantastic to check student progress and helps keep them on task. You have the ability to restrict access to websites while allowing students to work on the recommended or required sites. Once the student is done with a progress that restriction can be removed instantly. It also allows teachers to set up specific web rules in their classrooms without restricting other teachers. All in all I think this is one of the best programs for classroom management of school issued computers.

The ability to view student workstations in real time.

It's a little glitchy working with mac's, but they are improving it all the time.

joanne
Department chair science (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11–50 employés

Joanne's review

Commentaires : My biggest issue is the time it takes for Dy-Know to activate in the classroom. I do not know if it is a function of our WiFi or your system

I can track the boys & keep them on task. i can also inform parents of they are off task in class

The slow start up time to connect also sometimes it does not connect at all

il y a 7 ans

Hi Joanne - it sounds like your classroom may be located a little far from the closest WIFI access point. If you ever run into a specific scenario where DyKnow isn't connecting, please feel free to email support [at] dyknow [dot] com and we'll look into it right away to see if it's a performance issue on our end.

Corabn
Chemistry Teacher (É.-U.)
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 501–1 000 employés

Well worth the money

Commentaires : DyKnow allows for behavior and engagement to be managed in a very gentle manner. This eliminates arguments and struggles for power that ever might occur; great tool.

The ability to pull up usage data for individual students over specific ranges of time is nice.

The blocking is sometimes too general or too difficult to remove. A simple feature is made complicated.

il y a 7 ans

Hi Corabn! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback :) Here's a trick: If you copy the URL you want to send to students, you can paste it into an Unlocked Message and click "Send" - this will launch the website on each student's Chromebook! We'd love to hear more about how you'd simplify blocking. Please chat us in the product or email csm [at] dyknow [dot] com any time!

Jennifer
teacher (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51–200 employés

Excellent monitoring software

Commentaires : DyKnow makes monitoring my students' technology usage so simple. I love the analytics feature which makes note of the sites my students are viewing as well. This makes keeping my students on task so much easier!

Ease of use

The lack of a chat feature between students and the teacher

il y a 7 ans

Hi Jennifer! Thank you so much for taking the time to share :) I will make a note of your request for students to be able to respond to teachers in our messaging feature. We appreciate your feedback!

Joe
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

First time using internet content blocking software

Commentaires : Dyknow is software to monitor what students are doing on their school provided laptop. It is cloud based and allows a teacher to see what kids are doing when in their classrooms. At the beginning of class the teacher has to start monitoring of a class they have previously populated. Occasionally, this takes quite a bit of time to kick in which is frustrating. Another problem is kids getting stuck in other "classes". Dyknow has been responsive in coming up with a way to automatically end the class at a predetermined time. Once things are up and running a blocking plan that the teacher designs is implemented. Plans can run from allowing everything to allowing nothing. Apps and web browsers are included in what can be allowed or blocked. In addition, every 15 sec teachers get a snapshot of what students are doing. This information can be used to send a message and temporarily block activity or completely block activity. It is a nice compromise between no control and allowing students some freedom. Not everything is perfect yet, but it is moving in the right direction.

Ease of use.

Not all features robust enough to keep up with a class.

il y a 7 ans

Thanks for taking the time to share, Joe! We're dedicated to continuously improving our user experience, and appreciate you mentioning that :)

Sister Joan
Educator (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11–50 employés

Good for basic surveillance. Getting into specific monitoring is not user-friendly, though possible.

I appreciate the capability to see all screens at once. Also, messaging students when they are off task can be helpful.

Specific monitoring takes a lot of time to set up and there can be glitches. You have to click several places, and the more you click, the slower the software runs.

Jenny
, 501–1 000 employés

Easy Monitoring System

Commentaires : I love this product. It makes being able to teach and use technology a breeze. You can customize the program to restrict access to sites, which helps lessen distractions and helps with productivity. It allows the teacher to work with small groups of students, or even one-on-one without being glued to their device monitoring students or concerned about what students are on while the teacher isn't looking. It's simple to use and easy to learn.

il y a 7 ans

Wow - thank you, Jenny! We appreciate your feedback and you taking the time to share :)

Saunnie
6th Grade Math Teacher (É.-U.)
E-learning, 501–1 000 employés

Great resource in the classroom

Commentaires : Students feel they are held accountable and self-monitor closer than before. I also am able to quietly redirect students if they are not no the correct site. The only issue we have had is that 3 of my students do not have the correct email address in dyknow and we have called to get them changed over 3 months ago and the change still hasn't happened.

Easy to see each student and block sites

We do not have the power to correct mistakes in the student emails used to monitor the students. Therefore the students I can't view have never been fixed even with calling customer service.

il y a 7 ans

Hi Saunnie, thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback! Student emails come from your school SIS; it sounds like the emails may be incorrect in that system. Your campus DyKnow Cloud Admin can get these email addresses updated in that system, so that when they sync with DyKnow, they're correct! :)

Janna
Director of Instructional Technology (É.-U.)

Reeds Spring Experience with DyKnow

Commentaires : Reeds Spring School District has been a DyKnow customer for several years. As we rolled out our 1:1 digital conversion we were looking for a solution to managing student life online and setting students up for success in their digital world. DyKnow provides our teachers with a way to set up Blocking Plans to help students stay on task and to avoid distraction. Additionally, our teachers use DyKnow to monitor student activity, and with the recent addition of their Analytics, we are able to determine where students spend their online time. This in turn helps our district to properly set a network filter, blocking sites that are non-educational in nature.
We have been satisfied with the level of support at every level from DyKnow, from teacher support in the classroom to our administrative support in managing the program. DyKnow has also provided our teachers with some valuable face-to-face professional development and follow-up training as we have brought on more teachers that are new to DyKnow.

il y a 9 ans

Thank you for your kind words, Janna! We love working with Reeds Spring!

william

DyKnow--Formative Assessment King

Commentaires : DyKnow is primarily used at my school for monitoring kids' internet activities, but I have found it an excellent tool for starting out my classes with short assessments. By asking multiple choice, true-false, and yes-no questions, I am able to see where individual students are in their understanding of math concepts. I base my questions on past day's work, as well as as a precursor of upcoming topics. Students with correct responses are oftentimes asked to "prove" their knowledge, while if there is a preponderance of incorrect results, we can then beef up those area of study. Like most educators, I am leary of "the latest things," as typically they become passe quickly, but DyKnow is a product that I hope to use for many years to come.

il y a 7 ans

Hi William - Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our formative assessment features :) We love hearing they're valuable to your classroom. Thanks so much for using DyKnow!

Derek
, 51–200 employés

Great for large classrooms

Commentaires : I don't have time to walk around all day and make sure my students are doing what they should be at all times. This software doesn't quite do that, but it does help tremendously at keeping students off sites and programs that they should not be on, which is one less thing I have to actively monitor, giving me more time to spend teaching my students.

Monitoring, and locked screens. Also I like using the checks for understanding.

I can't figure out how to use it on my ipad.

il y a 7 ans

Hi Derek - Thanks so much for taking the time to share! On your iPad, just use Chrome or Safari to log into the same dyknow.me website you log into on your laptop :)

Sharon
English Teacher/Department Chair (É.-U.)
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

Like it as a way to monitor my students; miss my ability to interact with students.

Commentaires : Love the new at-a-glance feature of DyKnow where I can see instantly where all my students are in terms of programs and sites (on the right side of the screen). The ability to block and allow is quite good--I like creating schemes in this version. Wish I could select certain students to free/block as in the old version. Greatly miss my ability to push docs to students as in the old version. Monitor doesn't work as efficiently as it once did when it comes to viewing and sharing a student screen. Darn blue bubble! Most miss DyKnow Vision--my ability to interact with students and to put them into groups electronically and give instant feedback was phenomenal. Please try to find a way to bring back Vision!!!!

il y a 8 ans

Hi Sharon, It's great to hear you feel DyKnow Cloud is easier to use than Dyknow Desktop! The "free / block certain students" feature you described was released Monday 1/18/16 :-)

Anson
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

The product is good, especially for those who want to easily monitoring students anywhere.

Commentaires : I am newly enrolled this service. The product itself, to be honest, is good enough for monitoring purpose. Because our students are using Chromebook, and Google G Suite, and I was recommended to unblock https://accounts.google.com/chooser, which will definitely affect students who want to retrieve their own personal gmail on the Chromebook. The customer service is really disappointed. I want to upload all the student's directory onto DyKnow, however, there is nobody help me to do that. I provide the whole list of students to customer service, no action to make it happen yet......

il y a 7 ans

Hi Anson, thanks for sharing your feedback on DyKnow Cloud! I'm sorry to hear of your feedback on our services team; I confirmed with them that your upload system is actually not yet setup, and they've been waiting to hear from you on this. They'll reach out again today to get this squared away!

Karen
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

I am not sure how people live without it

Commentaires : The best features:
being able to move about the room while your students are working AND being monitored 24/7 on the computer
the print out you can make of how long students spent on each website
the information about how many times they viewed a website (IE left and came back)
Blocking pages and apps you don't want them to use....awesome
texting feedback to their screen
And the support is GREAT
Improvements to be made: time-stamping the views so you can place the order of the times they viewed their work

il y a 7 ans

Hi Karen! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with DyKnow Cloud :) We appreciate your feedback! We love the idea of adding a time stamp to Analytics, and will share this with our Product Manager.