The best mail service provider for marketing and transactional emails.

Publié le 20/05/2019
Oscar C.
Gerente general
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been working with Sendgrid for more than 2 years and it really has been very helpful. It's perfect when you need to send transactional mails, for example password recovery or notifications to users from your website. or custom marketing campaigns. You can implement on your App easily with his Full Documented API or via SMTP. The free forever plan is perfect when you're starting a website or application and still do not have enough users. You can also easily upgrade your plan in order to get more emails monthly . Recommended with closed eyes.

Avantages: 1. Have AB Testing enable.
2. Manage unsubscribe emails.
3. Easy to Integrate via API or SMTP.
4. Email Reputation indicator.
5.Full detailed report. You can see if the email it's blocked, bounced or delivered.
6. Have a Forever Free plan . (40.000 Emails in the trial period, then 100 Emails Daily forever)

Inconvénients: Send grid interface it's a little bit confuse. No more cons to highlight, for me it's a perfect tool.

An Easy to Use Email Marketing Software

Publié le 05/07/2018
Abigail N.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The detailed stats from each email campaign is amazing, and the Unsubscribe groups option really helped with GDPR compliance

Avantages: 1. On the bottom left side of the dashboard is a small reputation percentage bar, that measures your reputation. The bar is updated daily based on your email sends, your reputation goes down if your email bounces or is marked as spam.
2. Stats: SendGrid provides A LOT of data on the performance of your email campaigns, these stats are: Requests, Delivered, Opens, Unique Opens, Clicks, Unique Clicks, Unsubscribes, Spam Reports, Bounces, Blocks, Bounce Drops, Spam Report Drops, Unsubscribe Drops and Invalid Emails. SendGrid also provides stats such as: Global Stats, Category Stats, Category Comparison, Subuser Stats, Subuser Comparison, Geographical, Email Clients & Devices, Mailbox Provider Stats, Mailbox Provider Comparison, Browser Stats, and Browser Comparison
3. A/B Testing
4. Unsubscribe Groups: This is without doubt my favorite feature from SendGrid. When you click on "Marketing" on the left side of your dashboard, and select tour from the drop down, it sort of lists steps to set up for sending marketing emails. Step 3 on the list of things to do is to create unsubscribe groups. Here you can Create groups that represent types of email that you regularly send to your recipients. If a recipient chooses to unsubscribe, they will have the option of selecting which of these groups they want to unsubscribe from.

Inconvénients: 1. The Email templates in SendGrids gallery are a bit basic which initially wasn't a problem as I liked creating my own template, but I did not like how I couldn't modify the "columns" module to my taste. I wanted to create a template with three columns with the center column bigger than the two on the side. The idea was to have my client's images linking to their projects (On their websites) on the side columns, with the write up in the center column.
However, that couldn't be done (At least so far it seems so as I can't find any option to tweak the size/width of each column) as each column has an equal width.
2. No automation function: I'd like to create a sort of If/Then sequence where I can resend an email to a group of people after x days, for example, I'd like to resend an email (With a different heading of course) to people who have not opened the first email after four days.

SendGrid offers a great transactional email API, but deliverability & support issues hold it back

Publié le 01/08/2018
Anatoly G.
Founder & CEO
Services d'information
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Easy integration into our platform and deliverability metrics. Dedicated IP, if you pay for it.

Avantages: We use SendGrid for transactional emails, such as welcome messages & notifications. Generally, SendGrid offers great tools to integrate emails into a variety of different application platforms and programming languages. We really like its level of detail when checking on the status of emails. Sendgrid is also free for basic transactional emails, which makes it easy to try and ensure it will work with your application. We use a third-party library called Nodemailer with Sendgrid, so switching from a different service to Sendgrid was trivial.

Inconvénients: While the service is easy to use and offers comprehensive email activity metrics, there are a few things about it we didn't like. First, because the free tier uses shared IPs, we consistently had emails that wouldn't get delivered because of IP blocks. There were a handful of IPs that we had that experience with, and it persisted for weeks -- without any support intervention. Sendgrid must have deliverability metrics on their side as well, so I am surprised they didn't drop these IPs from their IP pool proactively. We had to upgrade to the PRO plan, which was the least expensive plan that had a dedicated IP. We also had to pay extra for 30 days of email history, you get 3 days by default. I'd love to see all these options be a-la-carte, but I get that you need to make revenue somehow, and few companies send enough emails to justify jumping to the next paid plan -- unless you NEED that deliverability guarantee that you get w/ dedicated IPs, which we did.

Sendgrid shines on mass mailing, but lacks some required features

Publié le 25/07/2018
Product Manager
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 13-50 employés

Commentaires: Transactional email

Avantages: Sendgrid is ready for your scale. From the smallest Saas apps to the largest enterprises, Sendgrid was built with scale in mind. It handles transactional emails very well, and is relatively simple to integrate into your codebase or product workflow. Templates come out of the box, but some coding knowledge is needed to style transactional emails. All templates can be easily versioned. Concerns on security and blacklisting are limited. As long as you follow their recommendations, Sendgrid will deliver your email. Pricing is very fair and generous. In years of use, I've never gone over a plan limit.

Inconvénients: Functionality can be limited in interesting ways depending on your plan. On the most basic paid plans, several code features are just missing. Reporting is the most glaring issue, with basic reporting showing only a rolling group of recently sent emails. Without a deeper dive into your logs, you may miss issues. Transactional emails also lack some features that seem required, like weblinks for email and easy native unsubscribe. There are workarounds for both, but not without challenges. Version tracking for templates is also completely missing, unless you use new versions for each edit you make.

Long time customer with 15+ active accounts

Publié le 01/03/2019
Ryan K.
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: SendGrid was the first to market and has grown more and more powerful over the years, while keeping pricing low and even free pending your needs. Excited to continue plugging it into my side projects and companies.

Avantages: I've used SendGrid for years. They have a 1-click "provision" feature inside the Heroku app store that starts at $0 /month until you hit profit-worthy volume (10k+ emails /month). The API for sending transactional emails is great, however I have not tried their email marketing feature. I'm such a big SendGrid fan, in fact, that I built a free SendGrid analytics tool that generates reports for other customers (+ myself) to send better transactional emails: https://lesstransactional.com.

Inconvénients: While building our free SendGrid analytics tool, it became apparent that the "Email Activity" API has a much lower rate limit (ie 10 requests per 5 minutes) than the regular sending APIs. This required us to make restrictive changes to the app at the last minute, and their support team was unwilling to increase the rate limit for our use case.

Best ESP provider so far

Publié le 20/07/2019
Prashant M.
Product Owner Lead
Internet, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Yes for product I liked, for team, not so much.

Avantages: We used Sendgrid for our Email Marketing. I loved the technology, the cost was okay and easy to implement.
It also optimized to reach user inbox instead of spam.
It could also be integrated to CRM of your choice which team liked.

Inconvénients: The support, I mean, if you are paying $100,000 an year, we expect a dedicated person, which was not available. Even the sales team felt like more to make sales than worry about use case or team.

We use and recommend Sendgrid for everything

Publié le 23/07/2019
Alicia A.
Solution Alchemist and Dream Manager
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We develop software and often have to send transactional emails, sendgrid helps us protect our domain for SPAM complaints and also provides great tracking information for the emails we send.

Avantages: My favorite feature are the logs, we can always find information about a malformed email, a bounce an unsubscription, etc.
I also like the ease of use and the ability to admin several domains under the same account.

Inconvénients: I don't think I have any specific dislikes.

Awesome software!

Publié le 09/03/2018
Esra K.
Research and Development Director
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We send approximately 300K emails per month and Sendgrid made this job very easy for us. I strongly recommend this software.

Avantages: We needed an email server provider for our web application and my friend recommended me Sendgrid 3 years ago. We are still using it without any problem. Our Pro 300K plan gives us a clean, dedicated IP address so our automatic emails don't end up in Spam folders. You can observe the email's journey and get various analytics on how many emails are delivered, how many people have opened, how many clicks etc. Our marketing team also started to use Sendgrid to send newsletters. It is very easy to manage contact lists and subscriptions. Customer support is great. They helped a lot whenever we have a question or problem. API documentation is clean and thorough.

Inconvénients: Website menu structure is a bit complicated and left menu fonts are faded. It is hard to read the menu elements. It's color should be darker.

We use SendGrid to send emails from our database. It does a fabulous job!

Publié le 05/12/2017
Ruth L.
Database Administrator
Institutions religieuses, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: They consistently send out my emails and help us comply with the CAN-SPAM act. They help us make sure people are getting the emails they want but not the ones they don't. I can't imagine trying to manage our emails without them.

Avantages: It sends emails from our database. The set up for that was extremely easy, and as a non-profit, the pricing is extremely affordable. It allows us to see general statistics for our emails as well as monitor whether a specific recipient actually opened a specific email or clicked on it. It also notifies us if someone clicks spam or unsubscribes so we can remove them from our database. It's easy to monitor what is happening to our emails. When we were somehow blacklisted by AT&T, we were able to catch that quickly and get it resolved.

Inconvénients: SendGrid campaigns is a little difficult to work with. Also, their unsubscribe groups doesn't seem to work as well as I would like. It is difficult to know exactly what categories of email people are wanting to receive.

SendGrid is a reliable email platform.

Publié le 29/05/2019
chief software developer
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been using SendGrid for the last two years. It is very easy to use. You can design your mail or edit the SendGrid templates. Also there is a code editor. So you can make changes in the code. So you can change the style or make it responsive by writing media query. So you don't have to be bothered about the design issues in sending a mail. Also marketing mails can be send to list of users just by a button click. There are many features which helps you in email marketing and automated email delivery. Thank you team for this wonderful product.

Avantages: SendGrid is the best email delivery platform I have ever used. I am a developer and to send automated mails from website was a major concern for me. But using SendGrid I can easily send mail. APIs is easily available and you can design your mail just by some drag and drop. Also there are many templates available in SendGrid. You can just edit the templates and add your images just by uploading to SendGrid photo gallery. Transactional mail templates can be created by desin or code. This is the main attractive part in SendGrid. Also you can upload your users base and send mail to multiple users just by a button click. So SendGrid can be easily used for marketing purpose. So I will say, this is a best option for email delivery service.

Inconvénients: Even if SendGrid is easy, for a beginner it is a little confusing. Because you will not know where to design your template in transactional or legacy . But once you are familiar with it, SendGrid is the best.

SendGrid Review

Publié le 19/12/2018
Robert G.
Owner/Webmaster
Design, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our business Server is located with GoDaddy and their email delivery service is basically Black Listed which was a real problem for our mass mailer. We found SendGrid and decided to Port our Server's emails delivery via them. We ordered a dedicated IP address and our mailing have been flawless in delivery providing all the data one would need to manage email deliveries and an manage delivery to keep from being accused of spamming or popping up on Black Listings. If we have any issues or questions customer service is always there for us. Thanks for your business, RG Grant & Associates Web Service
Your Window to the World Wide Web
webmaster@grantweb.com

Avantages: For a mail delivery service SendGrid provides all all the data and options a customer could ask for. Customer Service is one of the best. Courtesy and knowledgeable they are one of the few companies I actually enjoy speaking with.

Inconvénients: None to speak of. Customer Service is always on the top of their game providing Superior service whenever it's needed.

Send Effective Email Marketing Campaigns

Publié le 26/09/2018
Marketing Manager
Marketing et publicité, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: SendGrid allows us to effectively and efficiently email market to a large database of B2B and B2C subscribers. It can be incredibly beneficial in reaching your target markets at the right time and the right place.

Avantages: SendGrid gives you the power to email market more effectively, regardless of your skill level. Whether you are looking to custom build your HTML templates, or would like to build out their standard templates, SendGrid offers an intuitive software to help you improve your marketing efficiency. The platform also makes it easier to build more comprehensive distribution lists, and allows you to target your messaging to the right people at the right time.

Inconvénients: The only limiting factor of SendGrid is the fact that the tiered pricing may not make sense for all business models. It would be nice to have more notifications with regard to deliverability/reputation issues that occur.

Integrate serverless email functionality in to your applications, fast.

Publié le 29/05/2019
Ramindu D.
Software Technical Lead
Logiciels, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: SendGrid enabled my team to build in email sending capabilities in to our applications within a very short period of time through a very simple API integration.

Avantages: SendGrid provides the ability to configure and set up a programmatic email service with your applications through the integration of a simple RESTful web service API. It is super easy to set up and manage, and also provides comprehensive reporting on how each email was sent and processed. It allows you to bypass the conventional arduous process of setting up your own mail server.

Inconvénients: I encountered some downtime and unsent emails when working with SendGrid, but more recently these problems seem to have been fixed effectively.

Reliable SMTP Solution with Highly Intuitive API

Publié le 14/05/2019
Front End Develop
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, SendGrid has saved my business countless hours of setup and has been 100% consistent with its email delivery success rate using their SMTP services.

Avantages: The most notable aspect of SendGrid is it's ease of setup. If you are looking for a reliable SMTP solution without having manually route your mail through your personal email account, then don't take the time to look for another solution. SendGrid has an insanely easy implementation process regardless of what platform you are developing on. My personal experience with the official Wordpress integration has been nothing short of incredible.

Inconvénients: The developer docs with the node.js implementation could be a bit more expanded. I was slightly bummed out that there was not an dead simple guide for my react application, but after a bit of digging I was able to get what I needed from additional sources.

Using sendgrid for the last 5 years

Publié le 27/05/2019
Aravind V.
Senior Associate
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We have integrated sendgrid API. They provide us with good email deliverability which is a key factor for us. The stats about the email campaigns they send are near accurate and we can trust them. We also use an alternate service provider just to make sure that emails blocked by sendgrid are delivered through that provider. Sendgrid also provides us with interesting articles via their insiders program. I found that insightful and engaging. We can get opinions from experts in the area there.

Inconvénients: If you are planning to reach out to recipients who have opted in to receive emails, then sendgrid works best. If you are planning to send marketing emails to anyone who didn't subscribe with you chose another email service provider.

Great SMTP email service that checks all the boxes

Publié le 06/07/2019
Kevin V.
Software Architect
Internet, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall SendGrid has been a very solid solution for sending our product related emails. We have been using SendGrid for many years now and haven't run into issues, once it was setup we just left it alone and have sent thousands of emails over time.

Avantages: SendGrid is a very reliable solution for sending emails via SMTP or via their API. We have experienced great deliverability of our emails as well as excellent reliability with their service. SendGrid has good pricing as well and can handle sending a large number of emails without a high cost.

Inconvénients: The initial setup took a bit of time, it wasn't entirely clear how to authenticate with SendGrid - the documentation was a mix between explaining normal SMTP email sending and sending via the API and it wasn't always clear which they were referring to.

Our email client backup

Publié le 14/05/2018
Rocky K.
Course Building Technologist and Business Coach on the Education Team
13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: piece of mind!

Avantages: My course site sends about 50,000 emails a year, containing important information like login/passwords, due dates for content, and other time-sensitive things. Instead of relying on my marketing email client (which can end up in the promotions tabs, or users can mark as spam), my course emails are sent by SendGrid, and always land in the Primary box, because of it's incredibly relevant material. And it just works. It was easy to hook it up to my website, and quickly test.

Inconvénients: It's not a email client. It's more of a backbone, that you use another piece of software to build the emails. Which is fine for my use case, since the course site builds the email, and SendGrid sends the email out to my student.

It's great but needs small corrections

Publié le 09/11/2018
Patrizia I.
Lawyer
Services juridiques, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Sendgrid is an efficient tool for email marketing. It allows sending emails with a high rate of delivery and very low bounce one thanks to its reliability. It is really convenient!

Avantages: There are different templates ready to use to create your marketing campaigns. If you don’t find a template that fits your needs you can laying out yours using the design editor or the code one. With regards to the design editor, you can set up an appealing template only by dragging and dropping the modules available on the tollbar placed on the left side of the page. The code editor allows writing the custom html code of your layout. Sendgrid offers an A/B test function to test the effectiveness of different texts, images, objects, and so on. Checking the insights you could easily choose the most performing email you created. After composing an email you can send different email tests (with no limits) to multiple recipients. Schedule option available. You can switch from desktop to mobile view in just a click. You can update your contact lists and organize them by segmenting the users. On the homepage you can see your reputation calculated according to the percentage of bounced emails and spam reports you got in your campaigns. The reports and the insights collected by the tool are really useful, reach and detailed.

Inconvénients: The design editor and the coed one are not synchronized. If you create your template on the design editor and then edit it in the code one you might lose many formatting options. Sometimes you can’t undo your actions.

Easy Email Relay Service

Publié le 28/11/2018
Director of Technology
Institutions religieuses, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I know SendGrid has a lot more to offer than I actually use. I have it linked up with a database program and use it as a relay service for sending emails. It has been a solid service. There have been a few times I've had to get in touch with customer service for some help, and they were responsive and helpful.

Inconvénients: Being on the lowest tier, we end up sharing an IP with who knows who else, so our messages are sometimes flagged as spam and bounce because of their IP source. The price jump to the next level which would give us a dedicated IP is hard to justify - several times the price for what I'm guessing would be going from a 99.5% success rate to what would probably be about 99.9%.

SendGrid as a backbone

Publié le 08/01/2019
CTO & Co-fondateur
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As CTO of SteerIO - a French startup which helps project managers monitoring their projects' health - I've been able to easily transform a rather complex international emails system to a fully integrated implementation. And SendGrid provides me all the options I need to reducing spam flags on my emails, securing and signing links and images I add in them, injecting variables in maintenable templates, etc.

Avantages: SendGrid helps me on a daily basis with templating, delivering and monitoring emails. I've tested other solution and no one manages to provide essential features for marketing email campaigns and transactional emails with such an easy way. I'm pleased to verify each day how SendGrid has made bulk send of custom internationalized emails simple and robust.

Inconvénients: SendGrid is a great product but I regret it does not allow me to see more than 3 days of sent emails' status without charging me for an extra. I'm also a little bit disappointed that checking emails' status (received, bounced, in spam, etc.) is only possible through their website and not directly from an API request.

Good Product, Not Great

Publié le 12/12/2017
Financial Controller
Vente au détail, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: -SendGrid has recently in the last year, come up with a better pricing model for its newletter service. Our E-mail service provider spend was cut in 1/2.
-Easy to use. API is well put together and good for programmers.
-Reporting is good. I can get to the information I want fairly quickly and easily.

Inconvénients: - Lacking some features / integrations we'd like to see, like with social media platforms
- We feel we significantly overpaid for services from SendGrid in the past, and nearly left SendGrid due to completely being unwilling to works with us in getting something back for that.
- Web UI is still a little buggy.
- Fixing bugs and new feature implementation seems slow

SendGrid - Easy configuration, Budgeted plans

Publié le 19/12/2018
Harimohan S.
Technical Consultant
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall experience with SendGrid was good and fulfill our requirement for what we are searching.

Avantages: SendGrid app is a great tool for any organization for their emailing solution in terms of marketing and transactional emails. SendGrid is very easy in configuration as minimum need for support documents. you can manage lots of things like white listing of domains and support IDs, email templates, reporting etc. Tech support is always available. there are multiple budgetary plan you can choose according to your requirement.

Inconvénients: Improvement is always better than the things running as usual. so reporting system could have been better.

Exceptional value for the money

Publié le 11/06/2019
Ivan S.
Head of Product Management, Mobile Apps
Internet, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We're sending all our app user communication via SendGrid (password resets, user communication, scheduling and reminders).

Avantages: SendGrid is very easy to use and integrates with our product exceptionally well. Aside of all the automated and user-related emails that our application sends via SendGrid, I found it to be very useful for targeted email campaigns to track which users reviewed updated SOPs and training and so on. The support is great, when our account got hacked the were immediately on it.

Inconvénients: SendGrid has recently reduced sending history to just 3 days, which is s bummer, because we were using history for monthly audits.

Sendgrid is my first choice for email deployment at scale

Publié le 07/01/2019
Chief Marketing Officer
Philanthropie, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, very happy to be using Sendgrid. Generally easy to use, and a good team to help us figure things out when things go sideways.

Avantages: - Lots of options to integrate (marketing campaigns vs API)
- Now supports dynamic templating via Handlebars
- Reliable for improving deliverability
- Great team - constantly making recommendations and working closely with us to help improve our email marketing

Inconvénients: - Sometimes support can be a little basic/frustrating till we get escalated to someone more advanced
- Dynamic templating currently has a character limit in the subject lines (it's a problem for us as a global business)

An integral piece of software to ensure delivery of our mail from our custom solutions

Publié le 05/08/2018
System Engineer
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: SendGrid is helping us schedule a mass amount of automated emails internally to our various departments to assist them in their day to day jobs.

Avantages: SendGrid gives you so much visibility on what is going on with your email campaigns. I can see who has opened, clicked, and viewed the emails being sent out, verify that they are going out, and get statistics on volume and visibility of these emails. For our team we are using SendGrid with .Net and Azure functions since the integration is already built out and very functional. All we had to do was configure an account and link our profile in Azure and SendGrid basically handled the rest.

Inconvénients: Some of the definitions for how users are interacting with the messages can feel a bit arbitrary but overall is pretty good.