Avis clients sur SendGrid

4.3/5
    4.2/5
  • Service client

En savoir plus sur SendGrid

L'infrastructure de messagerie cloud de SendGrid soulage les entreprises du coût et de la complexité de maintenir des systèmes de messagerie personnalisés.

En savoir plus sur SendGrid

396 avis affichés

Oscar C.
Gerente general
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 20/05/2019

"The best mail service provider for marketing and transactional emails. "

Commentaires: I have been working with Sendgrid for more than 2 years and it really has been very helpful. It's perfect when you need to send transactional mails, for example password recovery or notifications to users from your website. or custom marketing campaigns. You can implement on your App easily with his Full Documented API or via SMTP. The free forever plan is perfect when you're starting a website or application and still do not have enough users. You can also easily upgrade your plan in order to get more emails monthly . Recommended with closed eyes.

Avantages: 1. Have AB Testing enable.
2. Manage unsubscribe emails.
3. Easy to Integrate via API or SMTP.
4. Email Reputation indicator.
5.Full detailed report. You can see if the email it's blocked, bounced or delivered.
6. Have a Forever Free plan . (40.000 Emails in the trial period, then 100 Emails Daily forever)

Inconvénients: Send grid interface it's a little bit confuse. No more cons to highlight, for me it's a perfect tool.

• Publié le 20/05/2019
Zee G.
Digital Operations Manager
  • Publié le 29/10/2019

"If you're tight on the budget..."

Commentaires: It did what we needed it to do, so that was good. We used it for over a year for monthly newsletters, but as soon as our marketing budget allowed it, we switched to MailChimp.

Avantages: It did work and it did send the email newsletters that we needed it to. Therefore, it wasn't a complete waste of money :D Compared to many other options for email marketing, SendGrid was one of the cheapest options (except for sending the newsletters manually through one's email) and that was one of the reasons why we went with it.

Inconvénients: It's got a lot of features, but they feel half-baked (I'm sorry, but they do.) For example, you can unsubscribe those whose emails have bounced or who unsubscribed. But in order to do that, you need to download those lists, then upload them to a special list you can call "unsubscribes" or whatever, and then, right after you've imported this list, you delete it - along with associated accounts. THIS deletes the people who bounced from your lists. Seriously?! The annoying thing was the styling within the newsletter. I am a perfectionist, so all text sizes and everything should be consistent. However, SendGrid kept changing the styles of my text and I had to choose "Normal" several times (even after copy-pasting the text from Notepad that doesn't support formatting AT ALL). And if you click on "Edit HTML" (which I often do because it's a fast way to clean away all the annoying tags), SendGrid would convert my block to HTML and would have an entirely different set of styles for it. Also, the support pages were written for someone who is native to this SendGrid thing and not a newbie. Despite doing email marketing for years, I had a hard time understanding what I need to do.

• Publié le 29/10/2019
Robson P.
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 24/03/2020

"If you need send e-mails, use SendGrid"

Commentaires: SendGrid helps my business to all my transactional emails be delivered as soon as possible.

Avantages: E-mail Tracking: sent, bounce, opens and clicks. SendGrid capture all this data for your transaction email, you just had to set up your webHook and It's done. Transactional Templates: Is very easy create e-mail template for your SaaS using SendGrid. I know that SendGrid offers Marketing and Campaigns mails, but I didn't use this service yet.

Inconvénients: Sometimes I had problem with IP of my Server Send Email.

• Publié le 24/03/2020
Jeffrey F.
CEO / President - Founder
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 30/12/2019

"Super outgoing email platform"

Commentaires: Love this software, and just upgraded to a paying using from the freemium <3

Avantages: Super easy to implement through their API. Use it extensively in our day-to-day notificatons.

Inconvénients: Not much that we do not like about this software. The editing feature might be a little more user friendly, but once you get your first template right, it is easy to cut an paste.

• Publié le 30/12/2019
Blake T.
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 19/09/2019

"Used to be great but new API is both non functional and not supported at all"

Commentaires: Currently we are extremely frustrated and disappointed with both the support and the product itself. I would leave tomorrow if we could.

Avantages: Originally it gave us full visibility into our emails and helped us get much better tracking on who was receiving what and when. Important to know emails had been delivered as we deal with large numbers of payslips and emails for our clients.

Inconvénients: Recently there's been a change with their new API which has been nothing short of woeful. We've had multiple clients either having emails not sent (where did they go?) or sending emails twice because they are getting incorrect feedback that the email hasn't been sent. (delivery report being wrong). This has been for invoices and payslips which are highly sensitive information to be missing or duplicated. It's made us look like fools repeatedly and our clients are furious. Sendgrid literally has one function which is to send emails and it's failing to do that accurately. The response for help in these scenarios has been non-existent at best and negligent at worst despite having been a client for over a year. We haven't had a response to urgent requests for over 4 days and our clients are furious.

• Publié le 19/09/2019
Houssem eddine G.
E-learning, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 08/12/2019

"Best mailing tool API"

Commentaires: Sendgrid helped me reduce my costs and stress and run email campaigns effectively

Avantages: Before sendgrid we were using our servers to deliver Emails, it had a big impact on our performance and deliverability. Until we discovered Sendgrid that changed the way we send emails! Our deliverability improved, we had better statistics, and it can be white-labeled :D
For our wordpress websites we used their official plugin so no plugin required, we had it integrated in a matter of minutes

Inconvénients: I honestly didn't find any thing I dislike about sendgrid but I hope that they give us more reports and offer a better data retention

• Publié le 08/12/2019
Matheus R.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 31/01/2020

"Great email api"

Commentaires: So far Sendgrid has been great and with Twilio acquiring them I think they could become even better.

Avantages: We have used Sendgrid for more than two years now. The API is great and we only had problems of an email not being sent by them once.

Inconvénients: I think the customization of templates without using HTML could be easier. It would make the job of our designer easier.

• Publié le 31/01/2020
Peter C.
Dir. User Experience
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 17/12/2019

"Works great for tracking activity, Setting up templates "

Commentaires: Overall Sendgrid has the features we need and since templates are generally set and forget any difficulties there are manageable. The logging/tracking is great.

Avantages: SendGrid is very easy to use for troubleshooting email delivery issues and resolving any issues when we do come across them. The dashboard is very informative and offers nice features for day-to-day management of transactional emails.

Inconvénients: Setting up new templates can be a little confusing. They do have a visual editor for those of use that don't know html but it feels a little clunky sometimes. Additionally there are some cart before the horse workflows where you need to create items first and then go back and link them to other things after the fact.

• Publié le 17/12/2019
Timothy T.
Frontend Developer
Internet, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 26/02/2020

"Excellent UI and easy to setup for SaaS businesses"

Commentaires: I've used SendGrid on multiple SaaS products I've built, and will continue using it for the foreseeable future.

Avantages: The thing I like the most is the simple to edit template system. I build everything in HTML/CSS and their template creator makes it super easy to create and preview email templates, and inject custom variables depending on the receiver. Integration with your web app is also quick and fuss-free.

Inconvénients: I can't think of any issues I've had over the past 2 years while using this software. My fellow developers haven't complained either.

• Publié le 26/02/2020
Kevin W.
Produits alimentaires, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 11/07/2018

"Used to be great but now it's so complicated"

Commentaires: I'd recommend Sendgrid to programmers and app developers, but not business owners trying to get Sendgrid to work for them. Way too difficult with no documentation.

Avantages: Lots of features for transactional e-mail and marketing, great UI, price is reasonable if you can get it to work

Inconvénients: Trying to implement a simple contact form through Sendgrid's Web API is worse than pulling teeth, and the documentation has different code library examples scattered around the web, nothing works. Ridiculous that Sendgrid doesn't publish a common use example for PHP. Those developers may think they did, but they didn't. And support takes their sweet time, and they won't help with your PHP code at all. So guess what? Leaving Sendgrid. Simple.

• Publié le 11/07/2018
Abigail N.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 05/07/2018

"An Easy to Use Email Marketing Software"

Commentaires: The detailed stats from each email campaign is amazing, and the Unsubscribe groups option really helped with GDPR compliance

Avantages: 1. On the bottom left side of the dashboard is a small reputation percentage bar, that measures your reputation. The bar is updated daily based on your email sends, your reputation goes down if your email bounces or is marked as spam.
2. Stats: SendGrid provides A LOT of data on the performance of your email campaigns, these stats are: Requests, Delivered, Opens, Unique Opens, Clicks, Unique Clicks, Unsubscribes, Spam Reports, Bounces, Blocks, Bounce Drops, Spam Report Drops, Unsubscribe Drops and Invalid Emails. SendGrid also provides stats such as: Global Stats, Category Stats, Category Comparison, Subuser Stats, Subuser Comparison, Geographical, Email Clients & Devices, Mailbox Provider Stats, Mailbox Provider Comparison, Browser Stats, and Browser Comparison
3. A/B Testing
4. Unsubscribe Groups: This is without doubt my favorite feature from SendGrid. When you click on "Marketing" on the left side of your dashboard, and select tour from the drop down, it sort of lists steps to set up for sending marketing emails. Step 3 on the list of things to do is to create unsubscribe groups. Here you can Create groups that represent types of email that you regularly send to your recipients. If a recipient chooses to unsubscribe, they will have the option of selecting which of these groups they want to unsubscribe from.

Inconvénients: 1. The Email templates in SendGrids gallery are a bit basic which initially wasn't a problem as I liked creating my own template, but I did not like how I couldn't modify the "columns" module to my taste. I wanted to create a template with three columns with the center column bigger than the two on the side. The idea was to have my client's images linking to their projects (On their websites) on the side columns, with the write up in the center column.
However, that couldn't be done (At least so far it seems so as I can't find any option to tweak the size/width of each column) as each column has an equal width.
2. No automation function: I'd like to create a sort of If/Then sequence where I can resend an email to a group of people after x days, for example, I'd like to resend an email (With a different heading of course) to people who have not opened the first email after four days.

• Publié le 05/07/2018
Anatoly G.
Founder & CEO
Services d'information
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 01/08/2018

"SendGrid offers a great transactional email API, but deliverability & support issues hold it back"

Commentaires: Easy integration into our platform and deliverability metrics. Dedicated IP, if you pay for it.

Avantages: We use SendGrid for transactional emails, such as welcome messages & notifications. Generally, SendGrid offers great tools to integrate emails into a variety of different application platforms and programming languages. We really like its level of detail when checking on the status of emails. Sendgrid is also free for basic transactional emails, which makes it easy to try and ensure it will work with your application. We use a third-party library called Nodemailer with Sendgrid, so switching from a different service to Sendgrid was trivial.

Inconvénients: While the service is easy to use and offers comprehensive email activity metrics, there are a few things about it we didn't like. First, because the free tier uses shared IPs, we consistently had emails that wouldn't get delivered because of IP blocks. There were a handful of IPs that we had that experience with, and it persisted for weeks -- without any support intervention. Sendgrid must have deliverability metrics on their side as well, so I am surprised they didn't drop these IPs from their IP pool proactively. We had to upgrade to the PRO plan, which was the least expensive plan that had a dedicated IP. We also had to pay extra for 30 days of email history, you get 3 days by default. I'd love to see all these options be a-la-carte, but I get that you need to make revenue somehow, and few companies send enough emails to justify jumping to the next paid plan -- unless you NEED that deliverability guarantee that you get w/ dedicated IPs, which we did.

• Publié le 01/08/2018
Product Manager
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 25/07/2018

"Sendgrid shines on mass mailing, but lacks some required features"

Commentaires: Transactional email

Avantages: Sendgrid is ready for your scale. From the smallest Saas apps to the largest enterprises, Sendgrid was built with scale in mind. It handles transactional emails very well, and is relatively simple to integrate into your codebase or product workflow. Templates come out of the box, but some coding knowledge is needed to style transactional emails. All templates can be easily versioned. Concerns on security and blacklisting are limited. As long as you follow their recommendations, Sendgrid will deliver your email. Pricing is very fair and generous. In years of use, I've never gone over a plan limit.

Inconvénients: Functionality can be limited in interesting ways depending on your plan. On the most basic paid plans, several code features are just missing. Reporting is the most glaring issue, with basic reporting showing only a rolling group of recently sent emails. Without a deeper dive into your logs, you may miss issues. Transactional emails also lack some features that seem required, like weblinks for email and easy native unsubscribe. There are workarounds for both, but not without challenges. Version tracking for templates is also completely missing, unless you use new versions for each edit you make.

• Publié le 25/07/2018
Matt M.
Télécommunications, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 26/11/2019

"Best Transnational Email App"

Commentaires: We use Sendgrid to send emails from our website and our SaaS applications. This allows us to send emails without worrying about local security surrounding SMTP servers and maintaining the servers and services around email. We love them for their free plan as well as it allows us to test and deploy without road blocks.

Avantages: The easy integration with their API and out of box integration with dozens of third parties. Easy to use SMTP gateway service and amazing free to start plan.

Inconvénients: Office365 now blocks most of Sendgrids IP ranges which makes delivery difficult in some cases. You can how ever upgrade to a dedicated IP and this isn't an issue with their software. Other than that, have more than 1 api user on the entry plan would be great but what can I complain about..

• Publié le 26/11/2019
Angelica C.
Internet, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 30/10/2019

"This is a must-have."

Commentaires: They have been amazing, support is fast and helpfull. I don't remember having any downtime with them ever since I joined the service.

Avantages: Sendgrid has an awesome service for email marketing and transactional emails. It works 100% of the time, the support is amazing and it even gives you a free plan that will serve most people.

Inconvénients: The price for email marketing (contacts) is a bit too high for me. It could be packed with way more interesting features. Also the editor sucks and it never sends the mail like it shows on the screen. But I do not use this feature.

• Publié le 30/10/2019
Ryan K.
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 01/03/2019

"Long time customer with 15+ active accounts"

Commentaires: SendGrid was the first to market and has grown more and more powerful over the years, while keeping pricing low and even free pending your needs. Excited to continue plugging it into my side projects and companies.

Avantages: I've used SendGrid for years. They have a 1-click "provision" feature inside the Heroku app store that starts at $0 /month until you hit profit-worthy volume (10k+ emails /month). The API for sending transactional emails is great, however I have not tried their email marketing feature. I'm such a big SendGrid fan, in fact, that I built a free SendGrid analytics tool that generates reports for other customers (+ myself) to send better transactional emails: https://lesstransactional.com.

Inconvénients: While building our free SendGrid analytics tool, it became apparent that the "Email Activity" API has a much lower rate limit (ie 10 requests per 5 minutes) than the regular sending APIs. This required us to make restrictive changes to the app at the last minute, and their support team was unwilling to increase the rate limit for our use case.

• Publié le 01/03/2019
David R.
Site Reliability Engineer
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 30/08/2019

"Great email service for offloading website form emails from web hosting services"

Commentaires: SendGrid is a great solution if sending emails from your website is critical to your business. It gives you the functionality to inspect and see what emails are being sent and to secure your emails using various security standards (ie. SPF, DKIM, etc).

Avantages: Often web hosts have email limits for websites and your contact forms or orders from your site can be shut off without warning. Using SendGrid means you can control your email services from your website and see what emails are being sent and whether they are being delivered. The SendGrid console allows you to view what emails are bouncing and which aren't being delivered (ie. fake email addresses), etc. Also SendGrid support is really great as well and will assist with how to go about securing your email using Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) (or their similarly named solution of this).

Inconvénients: With you could inspect the email bodies within the SendGrid console. Unfortunately you can only search on the email subject, dates, etc, but not the email bodies.

• Publié le 30/08/2019
Jordan R.
Co-Founder
  • Publié le 23/10/2019

"Sendgrid is great"

Commentaires: Was great for sending transactional, automated emails. API integration with my app was a breeze.

Avantages: Love the UI, the simplicity of the setup, the training / onboarding videos, and the ease-of-use. It's a great tool. Also, the visual template builder is great.

Inconvénients: I ended up switching to Mailgun just to test things out - and honestly, they're both pretty amazing, but I stuck with Mailgun because (at least at the time I switched) they had a more generous "free" plan. Sendgrid is great though!

• Publié le 23/10/2019
Prashant M.
Product Owner Lead
Internet, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 20/07/2019

"Best ESP provider so far"

Commentaires: Yes for product I liked, for team, not so much.

Avantages: We used Sendgrid for our Email Marketing. I loved the technology, the cost was okay and easy to implement.
It also optimized to reach user inbox instead of spam.
It could also be integrated to CRM of your choice which team liked.

Inconvénients: The support, I mean, if you are paying $100,000 an year, we expect a dedicated person, which was not available. Even the sales team felt like more to make sales than worry about use case or team.

• Publié le 20/07/2019
Esra K.
Research and Development Director
  • Publié le 09/03/2018

"Awesome software!"

Commentaires: We send approximately 300K emails per month and Sendgrid made this job very easy for us. I strongly recommend this software.

Avantages: We needed an email server provider for our web application and my friend recommended me Sendgrid 3 years ago. We are still using it without any problem. Our Pro 300K plan gives us a clean, dedicated IP address so our automatic emails don't end up in Spam folders. You can observe the email's journey and get various analytics on how many emails are delivered, how many people have opened, how many clicks etc. Our marketing team also started to use Sendgrid to send newsletters. It is very easy to manage contact lists and subscriptions. Customer support is great. They helped a lot whenever we have a question or problem. API documentation is clean and thorough.

Inconvénients: Website menu structure is a bit complicated and left menu fonts are faded. It is hard to read the menu elements. It's color should be darker.

• Publié le 09/03/2018
Alicia A.
Solution Alchemist and Dream Manager
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 23/07/2019

"We use and recommend Sendgrid for everything"

Commentaires: We develop software and often have to send transactional emails, sendgrid helps us protect our domain for SPAM complaints and also provides great tracking information for the emails we send.

Avantages: My favorite feature are the logs, we can always find information about a malformed email, a bounce an unsubscription, etc.
I also like the ease of use and the ability to admin several domains under the same account.

Inconvénients: I don't think I have any specific dislikes.

• Publié le 23/07/2019
Ruth L.
Database Administrator
Institutions religieuses, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 05/12/2017

"We use SendGrid to send emails from our database. It does a fabulous job!"

Commentaires: They consistently send out my emails and help us comply with the CAN-SPAM act. They help us make sure people are getting the emails they want but not the ones they don't. I can't imagine trying to manage our emails without them.

Avantages: It sends emails from our database. The set up for that was extremely easy, and as a non-profit, the pricing is extremely affordable. It allows us to see general statistics for our emails as well as monitor whether a specific recipient actually opened a specific email or clicked on it. It also notifies us if someone clicks spam or unsubscribes so we can remove them from our database. It's easy to monitor what is happening to our emails. When we were somehow blacklisted by AT&T, we were able to catch that quickly and get it resolved.

Inconvénients: SendGrid campaigns is a little difficult to work with. Also, their unsubscribe groups doesn't seem to work as well as I would like. It is difficult to know exactly what categories of email people are wanting to receive.

• Publié le 05/12/2017
chief software developer
  • Source : GetApp
  • Publié le 29/05/2019

"SendGrid is a reliable email platform."

Commentaires: I have been using SendGrid for the last two years. It is very easy to use. You can design your mail or edit the SendGrid templates. Also there is a code editor. So you can make changes in the code. So you can change the style or make it responsive by writing media query. So you don't have to be bothered about the design issues in sending a mail. Also marketing mails can be send to list of users just by a button click. There are many features which helps you in email marketing and automated email delivery. Thank you team for this wonderful product.

Avantages: SendGrid is the best email delivery platform I have ever used. I am a developer and to send automated mails from website was a major concern for me. But using SendGrid I can easily send mail. APIs is easily available and you can design your mail just by some drag and drop. Also there are many templates available in SendGrid. You can just edit the templates and add your images just by uploading to SendGrid photo gallery. Transactional mail templates can be created by desin or code. This is the main attractive part in SendGrid. Also you can upload your users base and send mail to multiple users just by a button click. So SendGrid can be easily used for marketing purpose. So I will say, this is a best option for email delivery service.

Inconvénients: Even if SendGrid is easy, for a beginner it is a little confusing. Because you will not know where to design your template in transactional or legacy . But once you are familiar with it, SendGrid is the best.

• Source : GetApp
  • Publié le 29/05/2019
Robert G.
Owner/Webmaster
Design, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 19/12/2018

"SendGrid Review"

Commentaires: Our business Server is located with GoDaddy and their email delivery service is basically Black Listed which was a real problem for our mass mailer. We found SendGrid and decided to Port our Server's emails delivery via them. We ordered a dedicated IP address and our mailing have been flawless in delivery providing all the data one would need to manage email deliveries and an manage delivery to keep from being accused of spamming or popping up on Black Listings. If we have any issues or questions customer service is always there for us. Thanks for your business, RG Grant & Associates Web Service
Your Window to the World Wide Web
webmaster@grantweb.com

Avantages: For a mail delivery service SendGrid provides all all the data and options a customer could ask for. Customer Service is one of the best. Courtesy and knowledgeable they are one of the few companies I actually enjoy speaking with.

Inconvénients: None to speak of. Customer Service is always on the top of their game providing Superior service whenever it's needed.

• Publié le 19/12/2018
Marketing Manager
Marketing et publicité, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 26/09/2018

"Send Effective Email Marketing Campaigns"

Commentaires: SendGrid allows us to effectively and efficiently email market to a large database of B2B and B2C subscribers. It can be incredibly beneficial in reaching your target markets at the right time and the right place.

Avantages: SendGrid gives you the power to email market more effectively, regardless of your skill level. Whether you are looking to custom build your HTML templates, or would like to build out their standard templates, SendGrid offers an intuitive software to help you improve your marketing efficiency. The platform also makes it easier to build more comprehensive distribution lists, and allows you to target your messaging to the right people at the right time.

Inconvénients: The only limiting factor of SendGrid is the fact that the tiered pricing may not make sense for all business models. It would be nice to have more notifications with regard to deliverability/reputation issues that occur.

• Publié le 26/09/2018