Easy to set up and run

Nicole S.
Business Manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Although we are only a small company, we were trying to manually record our employees' holiday and sick leave as well as days in lieu, but found that we were losing track of vital information. CakeHR lets us keep all this information in an organised way, and lets our employees also keep track of their accrued allowances, as well as requesting leave in a more formal and organised manner.

Avantages: I really liked the choice of price points, depending on the needs of your business. The user interface is also intuitive, and the calendar integrates well with Outlook.

Inconvénients: The trial version didn't have New Zealand public holidays automatically included, so I had to add these manually.

Dear Nicole,

I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience with CakeHR!
There are a lot of features we keep updating on a weekly basis and, probably thanks to you, now we have possibility to import also public holidays of New Zealand.
So now, for certain, you can refer us to your New Zealand friends and colleagues, we are all set :)

Viktorija

Great software with a great team behind it

Craig M.
Meubles, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We solve the complexity of holidays clashing with Cake HR. It's a a core part of our business that every employee uses.

Avantages: I love how simple it is for our team to request holidays and to monitor sick days also. The interface is nice too.

Inconvénients: The app is a bit limited and it would be helpful if it offered a full calendar view.

Many thanks, Craig!

In case you feel that you have any other feature suggestions you want to share with us, please make sure to post them through your app or profile, green box at the bottom of right corner :)

Viktorija

One of the quickest growing HR systems on the market

Publié le 04/07/2019
Anna J.
Director of Operations
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Only second to one system, which is unaffordable for us. I look forward to seeing how this company develops. I recommend this system for any growing startup and SME.

Avantages: Very responsive team.
Slack integration of the leave management is handy and updates in realtime
Leave management is really good, I like that you can extra mandatory fields. We use this to track out of office staff, and remote working. It's also used to track time spent on their personal wellbeing.
The app is handy, I know most of the staff use this instead of the web version.
The org chart with collapsable levels and drag and drop changes is a very strong feature.

Inconvénients: most cons are just potential development and improvement as apposed to major flaws.
Adding timesheets could be more streamlined, maybe a quick add from a calendar style overview would be nicer.
Expense management - it would be great to be able to integrate with Xero.

envoyé par HR Bakery le 16/07/2019

Dear Anna,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and suggestions. Let's hop on a call and discuss those in more details. I will be in touch with you :)

A great organisation software

Publié le 25/10/2019
Frontend Engineer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use CakeHR on a daily basis to schedule my vacations, to register expenses and to schedule my home office days. I also use this software to check when are my team-mates in office or away

Avantages: This software is very user friendly and you don't need to be an expert on websites to figure what you can do inside the platform. Is also an easy way to organise your team vacays and to have a overall view of the entire schedule

Inconvénients: The only downside for this software is that sometimes when creating a new account the invitation request might fail but the support temas acts quickly

envoyé par HR Bakery le 22/11/2019

Hello,

The team here at CakeHR is thrilled to hear such great feedback :)

Referring to the stated issue, invitation requests are not actually failing but expiring if you have not logged in within the next 48 hours. It is actually a common practice and was introduced for security reasons.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to many more years of successful cooperation!

HR Module

Teona B.
HR Director
Gestion des investissements, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: it's comfortable in use comparing with our previous HR portal, but definitely it's not tailor-made for customers and our contact person in support team is negligent and not professional

Avantages: it's easy to use. has nice interface.
n/a

Inconvénients: 1. unfortunately phone application it's not comfortable for managers. Computer version is more friendly than mobile app
2. support team does not support in professional and western manner, couple of times they didn't answer my e-mails and removed me from correspondence and contacted my IT manager instead, when the issues were very specific related to HR and couldn't be answered by IT alone
3. Presence monitoring is not relevant. If employee takes first half of the day as an annual leave, you see it all day long (i.e. it doesn't disappear in the second part of the day and information is so long that you should scroll down a lot to see all staff leave data) , if employee adds second part of the day as annual leave it shows employee's data twice on bar. same goes with all type of leaves. If employee is late, it shows whole day long, why? what't the value? My IT contacted support team as they don't answer me and he said that it's like this though illogical.
4. Support team uploaded staff info provided by me, and they didn't even check that some data were missing i.e. personal information of employees were missing and they didn't double-check if every box was filled or missing something

envoyé par HR Bakery le 13/06/2019

Dear Teona,

Our entire team apologizes that our service did not satisfy your expectations. We set a high standards for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that those standards were not met in your interaction with our business. CakeHR team love helping clients and I am sure we did not intend to make you feel left out by contacting your colleague instead. We will internally investigate this situation to make sure those misunderstandings does not happen again.

I will contact you directly to determine how we can provide you with a solution that will make you smile :) Let's get on a call and address this asap, we value your business.

Thanks so much for letting us know!

Customer Success @ CakeHR

One of the best HR management solution on the market

Publié le 30/03/2019
Ebin E.
Founder & CEO
Ressources humaines, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We can now manage our employee details in a single click and though a dedicated mobile app.

Avantages: Cake HR is the best tool to manage the employees and their day to day data. We use Cake HR to get employee attendance and to have their pay slips ready at the time of salary dispersal. HR application that has all the needy features can be seen only on Cake HR. The most impressive feature we have seen and used is the automatic salary form generation so that we don't want to manually create the salary form to be filled by the employee.

Inconvénients: The salary slip generation is a bit slow and takes a lot of time on mobile app, please have a look on it.

CakeHR Review

Publié le 15/08/2019
Damilola M.
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: CakeHR software design is simple and user friendly, the tool is very useful for organization set up it helps to know who is off duty and reason they're off duty. Their well designed mobile app makes the software more easier to use. Their customer support response rate is great.

Inconvénients: Uploading document can not be segmented to some specific member of the team, the document will be sent to the whole team, unless the document is uploaded individually and this can be so stressful to do. CakeHR needs to improve their service feature in order to perform advanced functions.

envoyé par HR Bakery le 06/09/2019

Hello Damilola,

Thanks for leaving a review, and mentioning our support team, they always try to go above and beyond!
A solution to the mentioned issue is just a few clicks away, please contact me directly so I can give you more details. I will make sure the process of adding documents will be less stressful for you :)

Viktorija

I loved cakeHR and User friendly app

Publié le 22/07/2019
Sarath R.
Automation Test Engineer
Logiciels, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: CakeHR app easy track maintenance college,school and employees details and easy to set up
Convenient dashboard

Inconvénients: Easy to understand and good features
mobiles app is available
Overall it is good compare to other tools

envoyé par HR Bakery le 29/07/2019

Thank you, Sarath, for your positive and encouraging feedback :)

Awesome!

Publié le 04/12/2019
Lead Recruiter
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, CakeHR is a great HRIS system. The integration between timesheets and attendance is seamless.

Avantages: I love that supervisors can easily approve or deny time-off requests at the push of a button. It is so simplistic and easy to use.

Inconvénients: I wish there was an ATS included with CakeHR but I am sure as it grows they will build an ATS or have it integrate with other ATS's.

One is too many on CakeHR

Publié le 05/04/2019
Santhosh R.
Test Engineer
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: CakeHR is one of the best tools to track employs details, easy to set up.
It supports very useful features employee Timesheet, Leave Management & Reporting, etc...

Inconvénients: As of now None, because CakeHR is doing good...

Great

Publié le 04/08/2017
Stefan W.
Managing Director
Médias en ligne, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: For our company, it greatly simplifies the managing the holiday entitlement of our employees. Our employees appreciate the real-time view of their day-off and holiday balance.

Inconvénients: - Day Offs:
In our company the day offs are flexible. Employees are supposed to take 2 day-offs per week, but sometimes these day-offs are shifted to the next week. (It's always within the same month though.)
It would be great to have some way to be alerted/monitor if someone requests more day-offs than they are entitled to. Right now I have to count the day off requests to make sure it's within their day-off limit. (Right now a staff could request more day-offs that they are entitled to.) Having this said, I don't want it to be shown as a yearly quota, same holidays and public holidays, as these days can be taken anytime, while day-offs are not of that nature. However, a monthly quota would be fine. - Time Tracking:
What is definitely missing is time tracking (for which we use HubStaff now) and overtime/undertime tracking. Our employees track their working time, and have a floating balance of time. Cake would be the complete and perfect HR solution if there was everything at a glance - the balance of Holiday, Public Holiday, Sick Days, Day-Offs and Over/Undertime.
Ideally, being able to differentiate between freelancers and full-time staff - where freelancer time results in salary and full-time staff time results in time balance.
Also, overtime should be able to be mutated (to holiday / day-off) or pay-off (define a per-hour amount for the time, calculate the pay-off, deduct the time from the balance.)

envoyé par HR Bakery le 18/01/2018

Hi Stefan!

Many thanks for the detailed and honest review! We are making leave requests far more transparent for managers so that you can be alerted when they are overspent.

I'm going to set up a call with you to make sure you're being onboarded to the new Timesheets module we have been developing over the last months!

Cake is great for small companies

Publié le 27/06/2019
Anna R.
Head of HR
Immobilier commercial, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall we are happy and will continue to use Cake for hopefully many more years. We hope our requestes will be taken to development

Avantages: It was very easy to setup
it´s quiet user friendly
it allows some automations vie receipts
price is based on users

Inconvénients: as we grow very fast our needs change, even tough the cake team did implement a few changes to also accommodate our needs some are not satisfied yet:
option to choose a worktime pattern when adding new user
complex leave policy setup with formula for holiday allowance based on i.e. (age, number of children etc.)

envoyé par HR Bakery le 02/07/2019

Dear Anna,

Many thanks for your honest feedback!
I just wanted to mention that there is automation available for some other tools except recipes. Let's get in touch to discuss our further cooperation and make sure you're making the most out of your subscription with us.

Cake HR is a Strategic Partner for Findasense

Laura D.
Global Culture & People Happiness Lead
Marketing et publicité, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Has helped us a lot in the optimization, automatization and agility to handle our employee data and processes like leaves, feedback, goals, etc.
We have established an alliance with the Cake HR team and this has allowed us to customize the app to our and being able to find solutions to our daily needs.

Avantages: Intuitive for its use, user friendly, modern look, flexibility in workflows and constant improvements in the app.
The best part for us is that we have constant contact with the support team and work very closely in designing processes and workflows to respond our internal needs.

Inconvénients: We are working on having a more horizontal structure and be able to install a collective decision making process. So far Cake HR needs for everyone to have a "manager" for approvals in many of the processes so sometimes we need to think around that.
This is not a mejor limitation since the app also allows for some processes to have automatic approvals, but would be interesting to evaluate new organization models.

envoyé par HR Bakery le 20/06/2019

Dear Laura,

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your valuable feedback! Our goal is to keep new and existing CakeHR features fully customizable, therefore options for different organization models will be definitely considered :)

Viktorija

A great HR platform for smaller companies

Lee P.
Principal Developer
Internet, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall I am very happy with CakeHR. I am able to figure out who is in and out of the office with ease. My staff love how fast it enables me to approve/deny the holiday requests as it gives all the information I need to make the decision, including automated emails to me and the other administrators. I love how I have been able to integrate this with my google calendar too. The reporting gives good information to so we can better tackle our staff who are off on long term sick etc. Would definitely recommend.

Avantages: I like how simple the software is to use and setup. Your business can be good to go in a matter of minutes. The UI looks good and is a very helpful tool to the organisation I work in. Gives me a good overview of who is off and for what reason that day!

Inconvénients: I don't like the permissions model. The reason I stated for a smaller company is because as you grow, it feels the permission model can become a bit more problematic if you want to be setting up complex permissions. E.g. Users able to see everyone off on holiday that day, even if not in your own team.

Dear Lee,

It's so nice to see that you are actually using a variety of features and find them helpful :) I can assure you that there will be more permission models available in the future, we are working on it. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Viktorija

User friendly HR app - highly recommend!

Excellence Coach
Hôtellerie, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, an amazing experience. I did a bit of research as to what CakeHR can do, and when I approached the supporting team, they are very accommodating and patient in regards to the questions I have. Customer service is definitely one of the things that stood out to me, how responsive and helpful the team is - shout out to customer service who has been helping me along the way!

Avantages: How easy it is to get a hang of using the app, which also makes it easier for us as a company to onboard members and encourage them to utilise the app accordingly. There are a lot of functions to play around, and I find 90% of the functions applicable to the company, and would be applicable to other companies too. Makes keeping track of employee's goals and tasks easier than ever, with notifications sent to certain individuals frequently yet not too much that they would consider it as spam.

Inconvénients: Wish there could have more functions to track the personal development of employee(s), like having a roadmap or letting them see what is the next step for them to advance to.

envoyé par HR Bakery le 14/06/2019

Thanks a lot for such kind words, we really appreciate your feedback!
If I understand you correctly, you are already using CakeHR Performance module. However, due to the reason that we are constantly updating our existing features, it would be great to arrange a quick call, to make sure you are getting the most out of your experience. Please get back to me, so we can agree on a time and date :)

Cake-hr for time-off management

Publié le 08/08/2018
HR Manager
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's nice tool to solve a problem of availability visibility in the distributed team, easy to use.

Avantages: - easy UX and UI
- convenient dashboard
- ability to create different policies for various locations (if you have a distributed team it's fantastic)
- integration with a google calendar & slack bot
- custom actions to be done after a time-off request is provided
- mobile app available

Inconvénients: - documents storage is not convenient for users and search
- had few cases with support team when did not receive a reply in time
- would be great to have a follow-up for managers if they do not approve/decline the request of their direct reports
- request for few hours per day does not allow to give precise hours, simply [number] hours in the first/second part of the day. I would prefer specifying exact hours

envoyé par HR Bakery le 20/08/2018

Hi there, thank you for your feedback! :)
I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying your experience with CakeHR and I am sorry to hear that you felt our support team had't replied in a timely manner. I can ensure you that we are working hard on making sure every customer's needs are addressed with accuracy and efficiency, and we are constantly looking at the ways to improve our service, and your feedback is much appreciated.
As it happens, our Document storage UI is being improved as we speak so if you have ideas how it would work better for you, please get in touch with us!
Speaking of TO requests, there is a functionality to specify hours for part-day request, however it depends on permission settings defined by Admins at your company.
I'd love to take our conversation further, so please do get in touch and we will find the answers! :)

The Potential of the CakeHR

Publié le 07/08/2018
Olga B.
Project Manager Assistant
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The CakeHR, although with some issues, has quite the potential, especially if the developers continue improving and updating it. Not to mention that it is cheap in comparison to, for example, same BambooHR and it also fulfills pretty much all the needed options.
I was pleasantly surprised with the customer support that I was provided while working with this software: if you have any questions or issues - the support team will always answer you within a day and try their best to adjust the software's settings to your liking and if you still have any further questions - they will arrange a meeting to help you solve the problem.
The CakeHR is especially convenient for those companies that are functioning within one country. However, even if the company has several branches located in several countries it is still not a problem. Although it can be a bit confusing at first with all these access levels and settings that you will have to think about - with the right tags and teams you will manage it just fine.

Avantages: The Cake is very convenient for employees in terms of usage: it is simple, understandable, and solves the problem with the time-off policies' usage tracking.

Inconvénients: There were quite a few issues that weren't particularly to my liking; however, after mentioning them to the CakeHR support team - they were quickly fixed and changed in the way we wanted them to. Still, there is one thing that I think needs an improvement. As of now, when you want to upload the documents - you cannot filter/restrict them by location or the team. You can either upload it for everyone within the company to see it or upload it individually. As you might have already realized from that - if you want only one department or only one country's branch to see a certain document - you will have to upload it individually every time.

envoyé par HR Bakery le 08/08/2018

Hi Olga, thank you so much for taking time to submit your feedback. More options for documents share is due to be in production next week - so watch this space! :)

A solid option for a startup and SME

Publié le 19/06/2019
Edward M.
Head of People & Culture
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This has been a great solution to managing the day to day HR ops. I also like that i feel that i am contributing to making this product better such is the interaction with the CakeHR team. I am starting to reach some scalability limits but this software is evolving and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a startup or SME.

Avantages: It has all the standard features you need at a budget friendly cost and the customer support is responsive. The UI is intuitive, even for the employees who didn't really need any training to use it. I also like the G-Suite and Slack integration.

Inconvénients: It needs more feature updates to have better functionality and scalability - the support team and community is pretty good at taking on requests and fixing bugs though.

envoyé par HR Bakery le 25/06/2019

Dear Edward,

Thank you very much for your insightful review! Do not hesitate to share your ideas with us, your feedback really matters :)

Excellent Product!

Julie W.
SVP
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Managing Time Off for multiple teams and multiple types of time off. Makes it very easy to see where everyone is without having to manage a company calendar. Easy to use on the go with the mobile app and emailing capabilities. Easy to accept someone's time off request within the email with just a click of a button. Absolutely love this tool for our team's time off.

Inconvénients: Can't set the admin to send me just my team's requests, so I get a lot of emails for our whole company. very hard to edit time off requests. Don't like that after it's approved, it's hard for the user to go in and change their request and be assured it's logged correctly.

Dear Julie,

It's so exciting to see that you are enjoying both, our software, as well as the app! :) It's so important to have the ability to manage work-related tasks on the go, right?

I'll contact you directly, so we can go through the permissions and time-off settings to arrange them in the way it works best for you!

CakeHR review

Publié le 25/06/2019
HR Manager
Services financiers, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The best value for money, where HR processes get automated very quickly and user friendly.

Avantages: It is very adjustable, features are updated each week with increasing functionality, accessible customer support, very friendly pricing.

Inconvénients: Bugs. With such a speed in new releases it is almost inevitable that bugs pop up.
New customer onboarding could be improved with clear guidelines.
Knowledge base with instructions of use could be more informative.
System could offer basic templates for all modules (survey, onboarding, offboarding etc)

envoyé par HR Bakery le 27/06/2019

Hello,

We very much appreciate your feedback!
I am sure you have also noticed how fast our developers fix a bug if one occurs :) As for the onboarding, I would be very grateful if you can contact me directly and share what can be improved, what information or steps you felt were missing during your onboarding process.
Unfortunately, I can not guarantee that we will have templates for surveys available any time soon, due to the reason that different companies have different needs, therefore we try to keep all the features fully customizable. We are always giving as many examples as possible during the onboarding process, however, if you feel some additional information is needed, do not hesitate to contact us through the chatbox that is available on your desktop and app. What I can promise is that we will have our knowledge base updated any time soon, meanwhile, as I have already mentioned, please use the chatbox, we are always here and happy to help!

Solid HR Management Tool

Publié le 05/07/2019
Email Marketing Manager
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 13-50 employés
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Have really loved using this across a distributed team while still giving us the feeling of being connected, cohesive, and consistent across the board.

Avantages: Loved using this for onboarding as it made the process seamless, especially with the app. The perfect option for growing teams who want a consistent employee experience across the board (form onboarding, to reviews, benefits, etc.) it all lives in one place and makes it so easy to access.

Inconvénients: The only thing that would be nice to change is the ability to be more specific with requesting an exact number of hours so you can be more specific with your request for time off.

envoyé par HR Bakery le 15/07/2019

Hello,

We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience! I'd love to help you out with those additional specific fields that actually can be added to time-off policies, therefore please contact me directly or use a Chatbot in the right bottom of the CakeHR screen.

I look forward to hearing from you :)

Nice service for a 20-50+ company

Anna M.
HR Lead
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: UX, simplicity of usage, nice colors, great customer support.

Inconvénients: Before we got The Unlimited Vacation Policy I always had an issue with correct days counting.

envoyé par HR Bakery le 20/06/2019

Dear Anna,

We are glad to hear that overall you are happy with your CakeHR experience. Just to remind you that whenever you are facing an issue or feel uncertain about any of the features, do not hesitate to address our team through chat box that's available both on your dashboard and your app. You will be contacted asap with a provided solution :) I'll get back to you to make sure you are all set!

Piece of Cake!

Publié le 10/06/2019
Sarah S.
Operations Coordinator
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Recently, we became aware that CakeHR offers time tracking. We had previously been using spreadsheets to keep track of hourly employees, which was at times difficult to use and run reporting on. Time tracking in CakeHR allowed us to make it easier for our hourly employees to clock in and out in a system that they were already familiar with, and the payroll reporting aspect is much easier as well.

Avantages: I love the ease of use CakeHR offers. It is very intuitive, easy to read (I love the appearance!) and easy to train new employees on. It is also very simple to use the CakeHR API to integrate with other software we use as an organization.

Inconvénients: I have no complaints with CakeHR. Everything is great!

envoyé par HR Bakery le 13/06/2019

Dear Sarah,

Such comments makes us feel that we're moving in the right direction. :) We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and please let us know if we can help in any way in the future.

Thanks again!
Viktorija

Cake HR has removed the headache of having to keep track of each team member's time off requests.

Publié le 04/08/2017
Natasha M.
Office Administration Manager
Événementiel, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The software nearly runs by itself - as long as each user is trained properly. This allows the Administrators to focus on other important tasks.

Avantages: I like the ability to create custom time-off fields for employees and being able to see everyone's future time-off requests for planning purposes. The "reporting" is very helpful for managers to use during our annual performance review process. Being able to color code the time-off fields makes the platform attractive on both desktop and mobile. I love being able to store HR-related documents for easy access. The entire platform has made our HR processes more efficient. LOVE, LOVE , LOVE!! :)

Inconvénients: As an administrator/manager of the software, I find it difficult to navigate on my Android phone. I don't like being limited to this as I sometimes have to approve individual "time off" requests in the absence of the company President and when I am away from the office.

envoyé par HR Bakery le 18/01/2018

Natasha! Thanks!

It sounds like you're all set to go!
I hope our recent update to the mobile has benefited you in terms of user ability. We want to make sure that you are efficient even when on-the-go.

Truly - a piece of cake!

Publié le 19/06/2019
Angie K.
Director, HR and Talent Development
Logiciels, 51-200 employés

Commentaires: Great!

Avantages: Simple - user friendly where you can jump right in with little to no training necessary on most features

Inconvénients: no sample templates or surveys for performance management to start using right away that can be edited/customized towards specific organization needs - would be great if there was a starting base to better understand how to use those features with best practices and samples showing ways to measure performance based on newer trends (OKRs, 360 evals, 1 to 1 meetings).

Dear Angie,

Thank you very much for your positive review. We really appreciate you being a loyal client and helping to share the word about us.

We provide only templates, as it is easier to adapt them according to one's specific needs. However, we are always trying to give as many examples as possible during the onboarding process. In case, some more inspiration required, do not hesitate to contact us through the chat box, we are always happy to help and share some tips and tricks. :)