Avis clients sur CANVAS

4,3 /5
  • Service client
    4,3 /5

En savoir plus sur CANVAS

La plateforme d'apprentissage la plus utilisable, personnalisable, adaptable et fiable du marché (offrant une disponibilité de 99,9 %) pour les universités, ainsi que l'enseignement primaire et secondaire.

En savoir plus sur CANVAS

1 983 avis affichés

Kelly B.
Freelance Digital Design Expert
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 30/06/2020

"CANVAS makes higher education accessible anywhere you have an internet connection!"

Commentaires: CANVAS is very user-friendly and an all-around excellent way to engage in continuing education and life-long learning. Personally, as an older student, I love using CANVAS.

Avantages: While I am unsure of the College's side in using this software, for me, as a student, I love using CANVAS. I enjoy travelling and with an easy-to-use, school-issued/provided LMS (Learning Management System/Software), I can take many classes online from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. The mobile application is robust and incredibly convenient, allowing 99% all-the-same functionality as the desktop version. Students can even take online quizzes and finals using their internet-connected mobile device (Smartphone). It is very user-friendly and an all-around excellent way to engage in continuing education and life-long learning as an older (personally, 42 years) college student.

Inconvénients: The only drawbacks to CANVAS I experienced were a loss of data if the active internet connection broke while in the middle of completing/submitting assignments and quizzes. I know that CANVAS has since implemented an auto-save feature on the quizzes, so that part of the problem is resolved. Whether or not this is true of the assignment submissions, I honestly do not know at this time.

• Publié le 30/06/2020
Kyle Y.
Films et cinéma, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 18/10/2020

"College on the Web"

Commentaires: Canvas is an excellent learning tool for most colleges and universities. Not only does it allow for assignments to be turned in over the internet but it also allows students to take quizzes and attend lectures through ConferNow and Zoom. It will notify you through email for any work that is assigned, work that is due, etc. Although it can be a bit complicated to operate through compared to other programs such as Google Classroom, it has all the features you would need in order to run a class online especially during a pandemic.

Avantages: With the rise of Coronavirus and online options for college classes, Canvas has been a staple tool for students taking online classes and even with online assignments. Canvas, similar to Google Classroom, is a program that allows teachers to assign work through the web instead of wasting time printing and wasting paper. It allows students to be notified of when assignments are due and even allows them to take quizzes and test online. With most of the world being forced to do everything digitally Canvas allows access to Zoom through ConferNow which allows for teachers to schedule lectures and meetings. Canvas also allows you to message other students if needed. Without Canvas, school online would be incredibly difficult, and although Google Classroom is a solid option for courses in elementary school through high school, Canvas has more features such as users being able to directly embed LTIs such as Flipgrid.

Inconvénients: Although Canvas is better than Google Classroom in terms of the number of features, Google Classroom's interface is simpler and easier to understand than Canvas's. Google Classroom, being a Google program, also makes it slightly easier to turn in assignments using Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc. Canvas's user system can also use some work as well. Canvas may have the ability to allow you to see other students but it's obscure. There's no way to search for other people unless they're in your class and most people don't even know of the profile feature. Personally, I don't believe there are many problems with Canvas except that they should redo its design because to me it seems a bit bland and that they should make its interface a bit more simpler since it can be confusing to navigate through.

• Publié le 18/10/2020
James A.
eLearning Developer
E-learning, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 22/01/2021

"My favorite academic LMS"

Avantages: There are so many great things about Canvas LMS. It's about fit of course, so I would never use it for corporate L&D... but as an academic LMS, it ranks at the top. I love the community forums (you can find help for literally anything), and the numerous tools that are 1) either provided by Canvas, or, 2) integrate nicely with Canvas. I also like the ease of use. It might seem overwhelming at first, but learning to build and administer courses on Canvas becomes easier by the day. So at first it may seem tough, but stick with it! It gets much easier - quickly!

Inconvénients: In order to upgrade the look and feel of it, without hiring a team of graphic designers, you need to use design service that integrates with Canvas.

• Publié le 22/01/2021
Dr. m y J.
Senior Lecturer
  • Publié le 06/02/2021

"Canvas for Online Learning, Teaching & Assessment: OK but..."

Commentaires: Best valuable features: Share to Common, Import/export content i.e., transport/transfer files from past year or another course. It saves time, not reinventing the wheel. Assignment Due date is very cruel to learner as 1 second late submission may cause a heavy penalty. Recently due to COVID-19 my learners in UK and International faced difficulties. I suggest to add a feature giving some window instead of a fix hh.mm.ss timestamp.

Avantages: Learning & Teaching: Various useful features, e.g., upload/download files, page creation, announcement and discussion and valuable apps containing ubiquitous tools, like MS Team meetings, Panopto, Vimeo, YouTube, Dropbox etc. Assessment: Huge variety of Quizzes, secured quizzes, quizzes SWOT statistics, lockdown browser, Assignments, anti-Plagiarism tools, Moderation, Marker Allocation, Grades, Research: Conferences, collaborations, Canvas digital forum support.

Inconvénients: Assessment of students: sorting may not be sync'd with local university database. i.e., downloaded grades and university's marksheet contains names of students starting differently. Imaging if you have 300+ names! this causes sorting issues while assessing online. Quizzes are great but cannot create duplicate questions, some time academic need this feature. Also because quiz question can be an Essay therefore, this type of assessment must include anti-plagiarism tool (i.e., Turnitin etc), not available in Quizzes but only in Assignments. Reference Manager and Library tools are not available but can be added, e.g., Talis, StudyNet etc. These features are necessary for cognitive learning and cresting your own Library does help. I need to use either Endnotes or Mendeley as an external app on my desktop or on cloud. Its good to use integrated Email tool but its not linked to outlook or other email app. I cannot send email to other people outside my module, i.e., cannot do cc to manager, examiner etc but I need to permanently add in the list of people.
Also cannot add images etc in text but can attach files. Also cannot format the text but just plaintext is allowed. You cannot add http link to a text.

Sasha P.
E-learning, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 25/01/2021

"Canvas Makes Online College Possible"

Commentaires: Canvas has made online college so much easier. Covid19 brought a lot of uncertainty but Canvas made sure our classes stayed the same, even better. It has helped us stay organized and connected.

Avantages: I love having an interactive syllabus with the "Modules" feature. Online classes are so much more accessible with canvas, thank you for all you do!

Inconvénients: I honestly do not have anything negative to say about Canvas. I use it daily and would recommend it to others over Moodle any day. One thing I would like to see is the "Discussions" being more of a live chat style!

• Publié le 25/01/2021
Munetaka K.
Materials Engineer

"Great LMS"

Commentaires: I have used many learning management systems both as an instructor and a student and Canvas is by far the easiest to navigate and organize as a beginner.

Avantages: It is very user friendly. While it has a lot of options and features, it isn't overwhelming or confusing like a lot of other learning management systems.

Inconvénients: Discussion board that are meant to be long term places to communicate (not one-off assignments) seem to get lost easily.

Anushreya G.
Research Assistant
Télécommunications, 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Publié le 14/02/2021

"Canvas Review"

Commentaires: Useful to have all courses at one place. Lot of different file types accepted/available. Course ordering should be reverse-chronological with latest courses on top.

Avantages: It is very easy to use. I have all my courses listed in one place. Moving through all options within a course is simple.

Inconvénients: For instructors, files and assignment uploads are missed as they need to be posted AND published separately. Courses are available in chronological order with latest courses being at the bottom. To access current courses, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom and this is not an adjustable feature.

• Publié le 14/02/2021
Secteur maritime, 5 001-10 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 11/11/2020

"Online Schooling Has Never Been Easier!"

Commentaires: Bragging an advanced interface, local web facilitating, and broad third-party integrative, Canvas is the most excellent instructive learning administration framework on the advertise nowadays.

Avantages: The Canvas LMS lets understudies share work not too far off on the stage. This is excellent for distant meetings. Additionally, Canvas sends notifications about impending activities, tasks, input, and questions. I will forever be grateful for this feature, as someone who is quite absentminded and disorganized. Fortunately, the course data is basic to take after through and can be guided with minimal clicks. Overall, Canvas LMS provides me with comprehensive learning and instructing devices that can coordinated consistently with their existing frameworks.

Inconvénients: Since Canvas has numerous highlights, it can be confounding for instructors to utilize and learn. Instructors will need to take the time to memorize how Canvas works so they can maintain a clear understanding of the software as to not confuse students. Again and again, there are issues transferring, exploring, and altering information. I wish Canvas had went through more time refining the client interface instead of tossing in so many highlights and customizations (which often proof to be clunky and downright unusable due to the aforementioned bugs, such as the web conferencing tools).

• Publié le 11/11/2020
Gaurav S.
Research Assistant
Gestion de l'enseignement, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 26/12/2020

"Great LMS for any kind of team"

Commentaires: Perfect. I loved using it.

Avantages: I worked for ASU online and worked at all the levels for Canvas as a user or developer. I loved the myriad number of features along with the ease of use.

Inconvénients: Sometimes it creates issues while attaching video files to the assignments. I guess external file uploaing can be made more intuitive.

• Publié le 26/12/2020
Angie G.
User Interface Junior Engineer
Vente au détail, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 01/12/2020

"Dissatisfied and Frustrated College Student"

Commentaires: Overall, I'm not satisfied with my experience with Canvas. It's not the easiest to use. Something I would like to see is the Canvas website integrating with the Apple Watch or Google Calendar so I can stay up to date with my classes.
Logging into Canvas is cumbersome since it's a 3-4 set process.

Avantages: I like the sidebar the most since it doesn't take up a lot of space on the page and is clear about what it has.

Inconvénients: If you don't download the app, you won't be notified of any missing assignment; it would be nice if it sent a notification to your email. For example, my class requires us to post on the discussion board but there is never a notification if someone has commented or replied to your post. The card view seems pointless to have since it's an extra and unnecessary step. I would prefer the list view to have the classes in different colors instead of different pictures with the same blue overlay.

• Publié le 01/12/2020
Jan K.
Media Artist
E-learning, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 30/12/2020

"Great for E-Learning/Teaching"

Commentaires: I spend a lot of time at the beginning of the term, setting up assignments and modules with due dates. Once that is done, Canvas takes over, notifying students when things are due. Sometimes I forget to make the assignments public and students will tell me that I haven’t published a particular assignment. I think it just takes some time to get used to all the quirks of the program, but once that is figured out, it makes daily organization so much easier. I also found that students were able to use Google Docs so that I could comment on papers as I was grading them. I can use Canvas on my iPad, but it’s not as easy as the computer. When I am doing serious course planning, I have to use the computer.

Avantages: On my class homepage, I choose an image that visually identifies what the course is about. It personalizes my course and makes it easy to find (I usually have 3 to 4 classes per term). Canvas helps me organize my classes with the “module” tab that connects with the assignments and other pages I create for students to use —all into one place. I can easily add links to YouTube or Vimeo; upload photos; link to sources such as the Metropolitan Museum of Art Timeline. Hyperlinking is easy. I have used peer review and discussion boards for student interaction. The assignment box allows me to make an assignment available well before it’s due, and also choose a date to close the assignment. A rubric can be created that makes grading faster. I used the quiz template this year for both midterm and finals and that worked really well. I had a student who was 4 time zones away, and Canvas has the ability to allow me to open that one assignment longer, which was a way for that student to take the exam at 8am instead of 4am.

Inconvénients: I haven’t figured out an easy way to use the peer review so that I can grade the student who is writing the peer review, as it appears on the page of the student being reviewed. I end up opening canvas in several windows, and it gets confusing with big classes. I eventually just gave a checkmark that the review was done, and didn’t worry so much about what the student wrote. Another issue that I’ve worked around is that students don’t do assignments on time if they rely on the due date to appear on their own Canvas page. I now title the assignment with the date so that students can see ahead of time when something is due.

• Publié le 30/12/2020
Michael C.
Administrative Assistant
  • Publié le 28/12/2020

"One of the Better Learning Management Systems on the Market"

Commentaires: When I heard that my work was switching from our old custom-built learning platform to Canvas, I was excited. Having already used Canvas as a student, I knew that we would be switching to a much better quality experience. Canvas is overall easy to deploy and use. Though for the leading learning management system on the market, you would wish some of its rougher edges, such as navigation, would be ironed out. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to most as a quality learning management system.

Avantages: It is easy to see why Canvas is one of the most well-known and well-used learning management systems by schools and colleges across America. Its simple customizable interface, mobile app, and many integrations are definitely a step up from moodle, blackboard, and other more common systems of a generation ago. I have used it both as a student and as a teacher. I appreciate its robust features (discussion boards, file integration, quizzes, announcements, custom pages, assignment options, html design). Classes are usually organized via pages and the "modules" page which allows the building of a customized course flow. If there is something you want to be able to post to your class website Canvas probably makes it possible, and most features have many options. Your online assignment settings can be highly customized with settings such as when the assignment in visible, what kind of submissions and documents are accepted, and what category of grade the assignment is. Likewise the online quiz/test maker is fairly robust, allowing for most question types, has some auto-grading capabilities, and offers taker-friendly features like question flagging, test timer, and unfinished question reminders. Perhaps one of its best features is its plug-ins. Canvas works with other popular providers to integrate their products into Canvas. Our school uses the very well-designed Zoom plug-in for scheduling and posting recordings for our virtual classes as well as others including WebEx and Kaltura.

Inconvénients: While Canvas is an excellent learning management system it is far from perfect and there is still definite room for improvement. The main feature I have found frustrating is its navigation. There is no universal back button which means that rather than easily going back to a previous page you have to use a combination of your web browser back button and the course menu. Each course has a helpful customizable sidebar with major navigation links, but this is not "sticky" and so you may need to be scroll to find it on longer pages. While the online quizzes/tests are a step up for many platforms, like google forms, but not as robust as such an important feature could be. Matching questions have no easy way to tracked used answers, which can make questions with many options harder to track. Adding alternative answers for fill-in-the-blank questions can be cumbersome. Not all plug-ins are of equal quality either, but this is probably at least partly the responsibility of the developer. The mobile app works well in general but occasionally I have seen issues such as auto-rotating video screens or issues with certain quiz questions.

• Publié le 28/12/2020
Pablo R.
Director of Learning Experience
E-learning, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 29/10/2020

"Build for teachers"

Commentaires: Canvas is, by their own admission, a feature-poor software with lots of customizable and additional opportunities to expand it.
That is true. You need to learn how to use it, play nice with it, and it will play nice with you and with many other integratable softwares.
Adapt to its quirks and you will be happy with it.

Avantages: 1) Easy to use as a teacher. Once you get the schema of how the software works and accept its ways and limitations, then you can really use it to your advantage within that framework.
2) Integration with other softwares. Canvas integrates with many other LTI providers, but everyone is slightly different, so you need to be willing to pay the price to learn how to integrate things carefully.
3) Speedgrader is nice. I've seen better ones in other LMSs, but Canvas Spreedgrader is pretty good.
4) Training and support. You can find, if you search carefully, tons of training resources for Canvas.

Inconvénients: 1) It's easy to create things that clutter your course, system almost without knowing.
2) The assessment engine is quite limited. The new quiz engine is still too buggy to use and has been way overdue.
3) I hate that there is not an autosave feature, specially when building quizzes. More than once, I accidentally save the quiz without saving the individual question and loose a ton of work.
4) It's almost impossible to find your grades across multiple courses. You have to go to each course individually and click several places at that.

• Publié le 29/10/2020
Associate Director, Graduate Career Management
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 11/10/2020

"Easy to use...only if you know what you're doing"

Commentaires: The best thing a new Canvas user could do would be to attend training FIRST. Do NOT just jump in like I did and assume that because you're tech savvy you'll figure it out quickly. It took me weeks and weeks when I first started using it to build my class. Lots of trial and error and calling the IT department. I should have just saved myself some time and gone to training! But I didn't have the time so I winged it. Ugh. On the whole though, once you learn how to use it, it's not bad at all. And it gets easier with time. And again, it's 10x better than Moodle! Also, there is a Canvas "Commons" where you can look at other Canvas courses that other instructors have put together so you can get an idea of techniques you might use. But, you still might need to do a training session with IT to figure out how to replicate the cool graphics that others are using! Again, it's not intuitive, and there is not a lot of online help available. But on the whole, Canvas is the best thing out there right now.

Avantages: I've been using Canvas as an instructor at a university for the past 7+ years. The best thing about Canvas is that it's better organized than Moodle, which I've also used. I encountered Canvas when I came to work at my university. Before I started my job I was only familiar with Moodle, which I thought was an awful ed-tech application. I found Canvas to have a better interface, and was easier to navigate as a user. As an instructor, there are all kinds of features that you can use to set up a class, foster engagement, track student progress and assess completion of assignments. You can set up discussions, assign students to groups and even enable them to meet virtually. Canvas also works well for asynchronous learning in that you can create a course that is self-paced and students can step through each assignment on their own time.

Inconvénients: The biggest challenge with Canvas is that it's not easy to use, unless you've been trained and know what you're doing. I had to learn Canvas completely on my own and it was a bit of a nightmare, even for someone like me who is very comfortable with technology. It's not entirely intuitive, especially when you're building a course from scratch. It's basically a website and you have to learn how to link pages, websites, documents, etc. You don't need to know how to code or use HTML, but it's still very painstaking to set up a class, even if you copy a previous class from year to year and just need to update it. The grading feature was also "updated" and it's more annoying now and less easy to use. The one big drawback though is the interface in that it's not all that graphical. You have to learn work arounds to make the interface more appealing to students. It's still better than Moodle! But still, it would be great if they could make it more like a real graphical website and less like a Word document on a website.

• Publié le 11/10/2020
Prashant J.
Graduate Assistant
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 26/09/2020

"Good offering but bad user interface"

Commentaires: Overall, the product is pretty easy to use and easy to onboard new users on the usage of the product as well. For certain features, a 'help' section would have been useful but there are ways to get around and learn how to use a functionality present in Canvas.

Avantages: Most useful feature is revisiting the previous courses and going through the material that was covered in those courses. Typically, in other similar software, this is disabled after a certain period of time but Canvas keeps this feature open. The product is definitely easy to use as apart from showing the current courses, it also displays the upcoming deadlines and announcements that comes in very handy as soon as a user logs into the system and navigates to the home screen

Inconvénients: The worst thing about this product in a lack of search functionality. Manually going through the complete list of options/courses/documents or whatever is present in the Canvas to find one required element is time-intensive process. A search feature would have been really useful in quickly searching what we are looking for.

• Publié le 26/09/2020
Sam S.
Associate Professor
Enseignement supérieur, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 28/02/2020

"My favorite course management software"

Commentaires: Overall I'm happy with Canvas. My students use Moodle in most of their other classes, but I'm still holding out... I just think it's a superior product.

Avantages: My institution uses Moodle, which I have found to be extremely cumbersome. So a few years ago, I switched to the free-for-teachers version of Canvas, and have never looked back. My favorite specific feature of Canvas is the Speed-grader, which changed my life when I switched from Moodle. I also like the way the online quizzes work. More generally what I like about Canvas is the unified design. Where as open-source course management software feels like a hodgepodge of different options and designs Frankensteined together, Canvas feels like there is a design team actually thinking through the way it should look and operate. I appreciate the flexibility it gives me with regard to the layout of the home page, how I can control what the students see, etc. Also, over the six years that I have used Canvas, I've seen features get improved in response to user suggestions. Always a good thing.

Inconvénients: Like all course management software, there are times when I feel that too much clicking is involved to accomplish basic tasks, or little things that should be possible are not. For example, when making rubrics for assignments, there is no way to shuffle the order of the categories. If you want to add a new line in the rubric between lines 2 and 3, you'd have to delete all the lines after 2 and start over from there. Little things like that, which aren't a huge deal, but sometimes do leave me scratching my head. Also I wish the question banks for quizzes were a little easier to manage.

• Publié le 28/02/2020
Lecturer
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 23/11/2019

"Canvas"

Commentaires: I have used Canvas as both a student and a teacher. I have used it to create courses and assignments, grading, submitting assignments, viewing grades, etc. It is a beneficial software for higher education because of all of the resources and tools available. It helps significantly with the organization of a class.

Avantages: Once you learn the software, it is easy to use. There are several tools that are beneficial to both students and teachers, such as Speed Grader, TurnItIn for plagiarism checking, inbox, collaborations, etc. I really like that it lines out the schedule for students (syllabus tab), provides a calendar that has the option to display days that assignments are due, a to-do list for each assignment, etc. Teachers have to put the assignments in, ahead of time, for this to be useful to students, but I've been told many times by students that it makes their lives easier by being able to see everything they have coming up. I also love the ARC video uploader. It allows teachers to see statistics on how many students watched the video and how long they actually watched it. It also gives students an option to leave a comment or question at an exact timestamp in the video.

Inconvénients: There are some quirks to Canvas that sometimes require workarounds. An example of this is moderated grading. I have had it somehow get selected, but it does not tell you when it gets selected. Once one student submission has been graded, it will not allow you to turn off moderated grading. You have to go through the process of moderated grading before it will even show grades or comments to students. The inbox also sometimes hides my emails in the spam folder in my Outlook account. It does not do that constantly, but every now and then I will get an email from a student wondering why I haven't responded to an email. I usually find it in my spam folder.

• Publié le 23/11/2019
David Y.
Marketing Manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 21/11/2019

"Canvas is the clear winner"

Commentaires: My overall experience with CANVAS has been terrific. It's made me feel more confident as a student, and has saved me valuable time because I can always find exactly what I need for my weekly assignments thanks to its modern-style dashboard and advanced functionality. A true winner for all students, both young and old.

Avantages: As a returning student attaining an MBA through an online program at a state university, I spent the first several semesters suffering through Blackboard. Like CANVAS, Blackboard is a learning management system used by today's higher education institutions. However, I always found it to be difficult to navigate and challenging to use. Recently, my university switched to CANVAS. I was nervous at first because, while I was no fan of Blackboard, I feared CANVAS might be worse. Thankfully I was completely wrong. CANVAS features a clean dashboard where all of your courses, assignments, grades, discussion boards, and other online learning tools can easily be accessed. It's extremely user-friendly and I had become a skilled CANVAS user in under an hour. I used to dread accessing Blackboard, but now I welcome accessing CANVAS instead.

Inconvénients: There is literally nothing to dislike about CANVAS. Even those new to online learning will find it simple to use and extremely flexible.

• Publié le 21/11/2019
EY Performance Improvement Intern
Services financiers, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 28/08/2019

"A Fantastic Platform for Team/Class Oriented Organization"

Commentaires: Canvas has been a great platform in my career as a student and as an employee. From being able to take quizzes directly on the platform, to getting involved in very thoughtful discussions, Canvas has been something that has facilitated my learning experiences, inside the classroom and in the office. The digitalization of coursework, readings, and writings, has made a positive impact on the environment, and also allows its users to take their work with them wherever they go- as everything is accessible via the mobile app, or through the website on their laptop. This has made the experience absolutely positive for me and those who I have studied and worked with over the years.

Avantages: Canvas is a software that I have been using for multiple years now, having used it originally in school, and now in college at Georgetown University while also making use of the software's organizational benefits as an Intern at EY. There are a few aspects of this program that stand out to me as being significantly beneficial. Firstly, Canvas, as a platform, is used for connecting users in an organization (class, work project, team, etc.) under one platform. The administrator (boss, professor, team leader) can then publish documents, quizzes, links, and other files so that its users can all view them, without the need for the administrator to send these files to each user individually. Perhaps the largest pro of a software like Canvas is that, on the same platform where files are published and shared with others, users can also engage in blog posts, discussions, Zoom conferences, and more features; all of which allow them to communicate with and learn from each other while also becoming familiar with any material posted by their boss, team leader, or professor. This synergy is what makes canvas special and unique; it is a one-stop-shop for individuals in an organization to parttake in multiple means of learning, all in the same location.

Inconvénients: Despite being a phenomenal software platform, perhaps one of its downfalls is that, when using CANVAS in school or in college, the dashboard can get relatively messy. When enrolled in many different classes across different semesters, older classes tend to stay on your dashboard and this can make it difficult to keep your new classes a priority at first glance. While this is easy to edit in your Canvas settings, I personally believe this should be something that the user can edit from the homepage. In addition, it would be a large plus to the aspect of organization if users could customize the menu bar on the left side of the website, to only show the tabs they want to see for each class or project (files, modules, pages, discussions, announcements, grades, etc.)

• Publié le 28/08/2019
  • Publié le 27/08/2019

"Finally, a student portal that makes you want to learn!"

Commentaires: Overall, I'm highly satisfied to have a student portal that doesn't make me want to tear my hair out. The developers clearly did a lot of research and user testing into finding out what features students need, as it still astounds me how complete of an experience the app is. Just about the only major issue with it is that some instructors don't make the most out of its functionality, but that's not really an issue with Canvas itself.

Avantages: As a student who used to use Blackboard, I immediately saw Canvas' UI and overall look-and-feel as a huge upgrade. I like that it's based on modern UI design patterns, with features like the sidebar and the single flush column of content. It makes the web app inviting and fun to use for young students like me who are on their phone for most of the day. One relatively minor feature that I greatly appreciate is the in-app PDF previewer, which saves me from wasting time having to download the file or opening it in a new tab and cluttering my workspace. Just this feature alone was enough to show me that Canvas' developers really had the end-user in mind. One last big net positive I want to mention is the integration with the mobile app. It's great! Notifications show up on time and don't duplicate or perform other wonky stuff. Having a seamless experience between desktop and mobile goes a long towards making students like feel in control of their learning.

Inconvénients: While there's a lot to like about the UI, I do have some minor grievances with it in a few places. The one thing that really stands out is how some blue links are clickable but don't actually do anything. For example, discussion threads have a clickable subtitle that shows which Lecture Section they're intended for. If it's for "All Sections", then clicking on it does absolutely nothing. I know this is a minor nitpick, but you would not believe how many times I've ended up accidentally clicking on that link intending to go the discussion board.

• Publié le 27/08/2019
Magali S.
Films et cinéma, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Source : GetApp
  • Publié le 06/03/2019

"Learn and teach comfortably with Canvas"

Commentaires: You can start using this platform for your academic purposes with confidence. In spite of all the above-mentioned disadvantages, generally, the platform works without any serious problem. I’m confident that students who prefer distant learning and the teachers who like online teaching will really appreciate Canvas LMS.

Avantages: The platform is very easy and flexible to navigate so, you can be sure that you’ll never be lost while searching for the material you need. Besides, you can add text, upload pictures and videos without difficulty. In addition to this if you know how to work with HTML code you can have the design you like. The next thing that I like about Canvas is that you can communicate with your teacher and fellow students easily. You can send an email to your teacher or start a chat with your classmates. Canvas is used by educational institutions for two purposes: either for creating courses that are taught exceptionally online or for blending the traditional way of teaching with online one. This platform is especially useful for students who always need to find all the material on their course online, including the textbooks, lectures, homework, individual works and of course, their grades and attendance. Canvas makes collaboration between teachers and students more effective and fruitful.

Inconvénients: It is fascinating to know that the Canvas app is available on mobile devices. However, the app needs some improvements because some features are still not available there and notifications sometimes don’t pop up.
The platform successfully cooperates and works with third-party vendors. However, I should mention that some programs do not work well and obviously they need to get improvements.
And finally, there sometimes some glitches may occur but I wish the platform could work more smoothly.

• Source : GetApp