Intuitive to use, great value, everything you need to run payroll

Publié le 29/09/2016
Caroline M.
Payroll Manager
Vente au détail, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This software covers all aspects of payroll including the new pension auto enrolment, expenses and benefits, sickness, maternity all subjects in one easy to use product.
I am not a computer buff but this works for me and I can understand it very easily.
The price is amazing we have several companies under one umbrella and usually this would cost a great deal more.
I like the help from BrightPay which can be found on their website and I have emailed for assistance and this has been a clear quick response both times.

Inconvénients: I haven't found anything that I am not happy about as yet - I did call once over an Irish bank holiday and spoke to a chap I found difficult to understand because of his beautiful soft Irish accent ...

Brightpay Payroll

Publié le 27/05/2017
James K.
Payroll Clerk
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I had been a Sage 50 Payroll customer for around 20 years but found it getting ever more expensive and difficult to get in touch with customer care when you needed them with lengthy waits on hold. I needed to renew my Sagecover and they wanted to put me onto a monthly subscription, the amount they wanted just did not represent good value for money to me so I started to look at other options which was a big decision after using the same software for so long and having to learn another product from scratch . I trialed Moneysoft which also gets good reviews but I didn't really like the very old fashioned 1980's looking interface very much although it did the job. Then I tried Brightpay and was immediately impressed, it covers all the features I need including RTI and Auto Enrollment at a fraction of the price of Sage for the amount of employees I have. Moving data from Sage and setting things up took a little bit of time but this was mostly double checking everything was correct. The user interface is great and I find it easy to use, it's not quite so in depth as Sage so maybe misses a few features but this makes it less cluttered and easy to learn and operate. Also there's no need for dedicated stationery everything can be produced on plain paper which is another cost saving. I had a couple of initial queries and customer care answered these promptly. I would highly recommend this product, it's fantastic value for money.

Avantages: Nice modern user interface.
Easy to learn and operate.
Covers RTI and Auto Enrollment.
No need for dedicated stationery.
Excellent value for money.
Fixed yearly fee includes all legislation and feature updates and support.

Inconvénients: Would be nice to be able to attach documents to employee records i.e. contract of employment, disciplinary letters, etc.

Brightpay Auto Enrolment and RTI Ready Payroll software

Publié le 25/10/2016
Eamonn M.
2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have never come accross such a user friendly software product. Every box and heading is self explanatory. Transfer from Basic PAYE Tools, set up and running has been so easy. The software is completely free for up to 3 employees. This suited us initially. Any small queries I have had have been dealt with in a timely and efficient manner demonstrating how utterly professional and committed to excellent customer service Brightpay are. Although Brightpay were already linked to about 10 Pension providers (including NEST, Peoples and NOW), we decided to use an Auto enrolment pension scheme which wasnt yet linked to the software but Brightpay developers worked like trojans to get it up and running in time for our staging date. There were a few teething problems with online pension contribution filing, but I just had to send a copy of my files by email so the developers could see what was going wrong. It was a simple password error. By the end of the day it was all sorted and has been running smoothly ever since. This was Excellent service above and beyond the call of duty, and considering we had not paid a penny for use of the software.

Avantages: If an employee has a fixed salary each month this is shown automatically on each payroll day so no further entries need to be done.
The HMRC and Pension Scheme id and passwords need to be entered only once in the set up. Then a simple click on the send button is done for all future submissions. Massive time savings.
Each employee has a holiday and sick day calendar which recalculates holidays remaining or if SSP is entitled to automatically.
Transferring mid year from another payroll product is simple.

Thumbs up for BrightPay

Publié le 08/07/2016
George K.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like that's it's so easy to use. You don't need to have payroll experience. Brightpay alerts you need to send through your RTI and pension contributions. It also is free for auto enrolment. My previous payroll software were charging extra for auto enrolment. I've been using Brightpay for over 3 years. I pleased to say they have never increased their prices. It's an excellent product. The developers clearly have the end user in mind. If you get stuck their help guides are fantastic. 10/10

Inconvénients: There's nothing I don't like about it. Brightpay keeps up to date. New features are being added all the time. I can't think of a single thing that I don't like about it.

Fantastic payroll software that has thought of everything

Publié le 13/03/2018
Practice Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great software and functionality. Very feature rich as well as being easy to use. Good value for money and the support is efficient and thorough, both telephone customer service and support bank of self-help tools.

Avantages: The auto-enrolment functionality is a dream, making light of the entire process from identifying staging dates, right through to generating enrolment letters for staff.
The user interface is simple yet detailed and easy to navigate and customise.

Inconvénients: I have been caught out a few times by alterations to the pay of an employee in one month/pay period which do not automatically revert to the stated basic pay the following month. It would be better if it did automatically revert or the system prompted you to choose how many periods/months should reflect that change.

Best payroll for small companies

Publié le 01/08/2018
Andrea N.
Construction, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Very good value for money, not complicated at all.

Avantages: Very easy to use, much easier than Sage payroll. Had the free version before and even the support then was second to none. You write an email and in less than a day they get back to you whether you’re a paying customer or using the software for free.
You see straight away when you have to submit to HMRC which is for me the most important part as I don’t want to pay a fine. CIS is very easy to do. I’m in my third tear with BrightPay and never had a fault in the software whereas with sage it happens frequently.

Inconvénients: There is nothing I don’t like, the least I would say that you have to download a new version with every tax year and not just an update.

Bright day cause of brightpay

Publié le 26/09/2018
Jonathan T.
Payroll Analyst
Vente au détail, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I've tried a lot of payroll software and bright pay has the easiest software to navigate its a user friendly and covers almost all of the payroll concerns

Inconvénients: what I wish brightpay must have is the capacity to trace back or correct some input of records foe example some alteration may have done but it is hard to trace back the records.

Easy to Use and Cheap to Buy

Sol S.
Company Secretary
Logiciels
3.5 / 5
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The interface is very intuitive and we have found it easy to use. On the occasions that we have had a problem, we have not had to wait that long for someone to answer the phone on their helpline. Also, the helpline is based in the UK and is not an Indian call centre.

Inconvénients: We have found backing up data and restoring the date a bit confusing at times. This is why we are considering using the cloud version of the software so we don't have to worry about backups.

No euphemisms, no jargon and no problem - this software just works. That's it!

Publié le 09/07/2017
Ajit R.
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Love the software, love the kind people at technical support and love the vibe that Thesaurus Software are in business to help others do business well. Other vendors are only in it for themselves unfortunately.

Avantages: Very intuitive and it works. Simply no jargon and non of that endless stream of annoying ad ons that you have to pay for just to have some extra piece of functionality. Whatever ad ons that are needed will be really needed by you and hence you will see the value of purchases them.

Inconvénients: It would be great if there was some kind of front end graphical dashboard. Other than that I cannot fault it - oh yes is there a way to produce invoices using this product?

Small charity payroll processing

Mary A.
Accountant
Philanthropie
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This product is very user friendly therefore straightforward to use. It carries out all the main functions of payroll well and reduces processing time.

Inconvénients: After using this product for two years I cannot think of anything I do not like about the product or vendor.

BrightPay provides a streamlined elegant support for payroll system for our affiliate offices

Publié le 15/08/2018
Louis C.
Lead Purchase / Sales
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We believe that the deep , feature rich capabilities that Brightpay offers for comprehensive payroll control and organization absolutely should not be missed.
We recommend scheduling a full product demo with Brightpay customer service so that you can experience the full breathe of services before paying any fees. We wished more software payroll services offered this option.

Avantages: Easy to use and to understand interface provides feature rich control for our worker payroll accounts.
Additions and deductions for multiple departments are an extremely useful feature as well.
Where the windows for software use in OS are concerned we love the automatic resizing feature which makes our job much easier.

Inconvénients: The list of negatives for Brightpay is admittedly low , however we must mention that given the time zone difference and some accented language
that customer service interactions can be a bit difficult but not unbearable.
Also, a new software download is required each new tax season.

Wholehearted recommendation. One of the best decisions I've made.

Publié le 28/09/2016
Romayne C.
Consultant
Recrutement
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Fantastically designed to make life simple and instinctive. The telephone help (rarely needed) has always been great.
I am a huge fan, this product has saved me great stress, time and money. If only all life was this simple.

Inconvénients: I honestly have absolutely no complaints. Even the potentially tricky bits (e.g. moving computers, end of years, adjusting details) all work seamlessly.

Thanks Bright Pay

Jonathan L.
Conseil en gestion
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Firstly, as a small company I use the free version of Bright Pay, nevertheless this is an excellent software package. As somebody who works with and designs software applications, this is an example of how modern, well written software packages can be simple and intuitive, to the extent that anybody can use them with minimal training.

Inconvénients: To be honest, nothing. I'm really pleased with the product and the vendor - The product works well and even when I needed some help with support they were quick and prompt and sorted the issue...which was actually down to my own error. - Quick Books could learn a thing or two about software packages here...perhaps wish that Bright Pay could do the accounts also!

Brightpay covers it all

Publié le 11/09/2018
Jesus Z.
Process Engineer
Vente au détail, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: * its really amazing since brightpay covers all the aspect of a really great payroll system, easy to use and very effective

Inconvénients: * i have no any issue using the brightpay software, instead its highly recommended, please keep it up!

Review of Brightpay

Publié le 01/11/2016
Liz C.
Agriculture, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Since discovering Brightpay 2 years ago, I have introduced it to 6 of my clients and have now agreed to take on a Payroll Bureau on the basis that I can use Brightpay for this purpose. It allows me to use sub contractors easily in order to process the payrolls and exchange information very easily. The set up process has been surprisingly easy and the support from Brightpay has been excellent

Avantages: Programme easy to understand. Help pages very straight forward and easy to understand . Support line well staffed and e mails are responded to quickly. The cost of the programme is very good especially for SME's where only 2 or 3 staff but with full AE obligations to comply with.

Inconvénients: Very easy to end up with a duplicate copy of the same payroll on your PC. Quite easy to replicate a salary increase which can result in an overpayment in the next month if not carefully checked.

So glad I changed to BrightPay

Publié le 02/02/2017
Sandra R.
Propriator
13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As a self-employed Farm Bookkeeper/Secretary working for a number of businesses, I've used a couple of different payrolls over the years and recently came across BrightPay when looking for a payroll that dealt with pension auto-enrolment seamlessly with out costing a fortune, unlike the payroll program I was using. I found it relatively easy to change over midyear and have now converted several of the farms where I work. I initially talked to some of the BrightPay staff at a seminar for bookkeepers and they were very helpful; I've only had to contact the helpline once during conversion and they were brilliant. The online documentation and video tutorials are a great help, clear and easy to follow. I love the way you have a visual flag that the RTI and Pension return need to be sent - something that was easy to miss on my old software if you got interrupted by phone or someone coming into the office during the payroll run. Option for cloud backup so can access data from a different location and still run payroll if snowed in and can't get to the office!

Avantages: Visual flag that RTI & Pension submissions need sending. Easy to use. Great value for money. Option for cloud backup so no worries about loosing data.

Inconvénients: On fortnightly pay can only enter 1 x fortnightly figure - the staff are used to seeing 2 x weekly figure on payslip.

In my point of view this is the best software when talking about payment methods

Publié le 14/03/2018
Paulino V.
General manager
Bijoux et produits de luxe, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is a tool that loads all kinds of functions, with which it becomes very simple the payment processes, therefore you get higher sales

Inconvénients: Definitely nobody likes to wait at the time of making a purchase, everything must be done quickly and efficiently and that is a small weak point as we have presented some reboots of the app at times when we need it most

Brightpay is childs play!

Publié le 02/06/2017
Carol Y.
Office manager
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

Commentaires: Keep up the great work everyone @ BrightPay

Avantages: If you have just the slightest knowledge of payroll (used to use HMRC software), you will find BrightPay a breeze.
Its simple to use, all calculations are done for you. You can print detailed payslips, which was a first for me. I can also send information straight to our Automatic Enrolment pension provider. Has a great employee calendar to keep track of holidays, sick days and absences. As the title says, its so easy to use it is child's play.

Inconvénients: There isn't anything negative I can say about this software, except the new cloud service that has recently appeared should be available without extra charge! It would be a useful tool to have for my employees!

Decent technology, customer-focused

Publié le 21/05/2018
Rosie C.
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I've used this software over two years and while parts of it are clunky, I love the annual updates and ways they continually change the platform to make it user friendly. It really feels like they listen to customer suggestions and make changes. Our employees love the self-serve model whereby they can access all their pay information on their own without going to HR.

Inconvénients: User customization could use some upgrades. I'd like to be able to change the formatting and most-used columns and set up my dashboard more to my liking. This doesn't mean the software is not usable, it's just a bit clunky and means I do not work as quickly as I'd like.

Brilliant Brightpay

Denis T.
Conseil en gestion
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We used Iris before they charged the earth for nothing.
Brightpay does everything for a reasonable fee & the customer service people are so knowledgeable about there products brightpay must the easiest to use accountancy product on the market 10 out of ten for Brightpay

Inconvénients: We have found no problems with Brightpay the software is easy to install the customer service people are fantastic.
Sorry I cannot state anything bad about Brightpay

Used for payroll with one employee.

Jeremy H.
Treasurer
Philanthropie
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Very easy to get to grips with, and does all the work for you! And for a small employer like us with just one employee, it's free. The need to contact support is very rare, as things work so well, but on the one occasion I called for help, they were very supportive and sorted out my question quickly and easily.

Inconvénients: Not easy to identify anything that I don't like really.

Saving time with Brightpay since 2013

Publié le 29/09/2016
Asoka K.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Easy to use product and the system is very transparent with easy to understand reports. Brightpay support is quick and efficient. Brightpay support the software by incorporating the latest legislation such as pensions auto enrolment so that the system can be used easily for the additional issues of payroll.

Inconvénients: Nothing at the moment! Brightpay keep enhancing the software so that additional information for HR purposes can be used.

Super User friendly!

Publié le 22/09/2018
Omarie P.
Marketing Specialist
Cabinets médicaux, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This payroll software has made it so easy for myself and co-workers to report our time clocks. If someone forgets to clock in it is easy to fix on either end and we’ve never had a bad experience with their customer support.

Inconvénients: I have no cons at all! If we have ever had a problem, which is rare, their customer support team answers and helps us work through it.

BrightPay is fantastic

Dean K.
Production audiovisuelle
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Brightpay is brilliant. It is easy to use, exceptionally intuitive and good to look at! The vendor is very fair, and if you're a tiny business (we're a small non-profit), the fact that they allow you to use it for free should be commended.

Inconvénients: Honestly, we haven't had any problems with the software or the vendor. Any technical problems we've had have been of our own doing, and restoring from BrightPay backups was easy.

BRIGHTPAY IS THE RIGHTWAY

Penelope R.
ADMIN MANAGER
Transport routier/ferroviaire
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Free for small businesses with 3 or less employees. User friendly. Telephone helpline with very knowledgeable assistance when advice required. Also looks as though they have Automatic Pension Enrolment well covered for the future. Easy to print Payslips, email them to employees whether direct from BP or exporting them so you can file them in your own system.

Inconvénients: Because of the flexible hours I work I would like the helpline to be available for some period of the evenings and week ends